PDA

View Full Version : Horgan

AugustaHibs
29-12-2018, 06:33 PM
Keep you head up wee man, hopefully you get to work under a manager who appreciates you soon.

Allant1981
29-12-2018, 06:36 PM
Keep you head up wee man, hopefully you get to work under a manager who appreciates you soon.

Mental that he was subbed, apart from Ambrose was the only player that looked like he could do something

Blaster
29-12-2018, 06:38 PM
Mental that he was subbed, apart from Ambrose was the only player that looked like he could do something

Agree. Take a defender off

Ozyhibby
29-12-2018, 06:39 PM
He’s our most creative player by a mile but for some reason he never gets a full 90.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Borderhibbie76
29-12-2018, 06:40 PM
Who on earth he was subbed and Mallan remained on the park only Lennon can answer that??

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

madhatter
29-12-2018, 06:44 PM
Horgan routinely did not track his man and again looked shattered before even half time. Most creative, maybe but that isn't saying much in our shambolic midfield.

Do we have a combative midfield? No.
Do we have a quick midfield? No.
Do we have a creative midfield? No.

We are resorting to McGregor upfront...

Juice-Terry
29-12-2018, 06:46 PM
Horgan is diabolical.

Heisenberg
29-12-2018, 06:47 PM
Play him consistently in his actual position.

supermcginn
29-12-2018, 06:47 PM
Only guy that tried to play football instead of hoofing it, scandalous sub

Northernhibee
29-12-2018, 06:48 PM

Copy and paste for Flo.

J-C
29-12-2018, 06:49 PM
Lots of jinky wee runs but little end product to play through the middle stick him out wide where he belongs. Sad state of affairs that Lennon is getting to turn him into an attacking creative midfielder.

Smartie
29-12-2018, 06:58 PM
Horgan is diabolical.

Horgan is the pick of the midfielders who arrived in the summer.

He has something, and in a better team might be ok.

We are garbage, and if he didn't have to carry passengers like Mallan every week then he'd maybe do a bit better.

LaMotta
29-12-2018, 07:01 PM
Hes more effective coming off the bench. Better starting with Hyndman so u can haul him off after his usual drab hour then let Horgan run at tired defenders.

Unseen work
29-12-2018, 07:12 PM
He is a weird one, he is always a threat in that he picks the ball up, runs at players and puts crosses in the box.

But sometimes his touch, passing and decision making is absolutely awful.

I would start him every week though as at least you know he will battle, make it hard for the opposition and create a chance

Beefster
29-12-2018, 07:14 PM
I thought he was guff tbh. Lots of ‘busyness’, not much actually achieved.

The Harp Awakes
29-12-2018, 07:14 PM
Joke of a substitution. The only player on the park who could create anything. Ended the chances of us getting anything out of the game.

A Hi-Bee
29-12-2018, 07:16 PM

Thought he was busy being busy with little end product, but not the worst of our midfield for sure.

Hi Heid Yin
29-12-2018, 07:39 PM
He is a weird one, he is always a threat in that he picks the ball up, runs at players and puts crosses in the box.

But sometimes his touch, passing and decision making is absolutely awful.

I would start him every week though as at least you know he will battle, make it hard for the opposition and create a chance

Your description could be that of Murray - our duracell bunny, who always put in a good shift, was dynamic, scored some good goals....but was moved on by our manager.

Mind you there were games where Murray was a "headless chicken" with no end product, but I liked the guy, much as I do Horgan.

neil7908
29-12-2018, 07:43 PM
Tbh I'm not sure about him. He drives forward well but really lacks end product.

For all his work in and around the box I can't help feeling we don't get much out of it.

Hibby_Huddy
29-12-2018, 07:45 PM
We got 10 minutes out of Horgan today. He's not the only one but I had no problem with him being subbed.

J-C
29-12-2018, 07:47 PM

Thought he was busy being busy with little end product, but not the worst of our midfield for sure.

Tbh I'm not sure about him. He drives forward well but really lacks end product.

For all his work in and around the box I can't help feeling we don't get much out of it.

These.

RossScott1991
29-12-2018, 07:48 PM
He’s an upgraded Paul Cairney tbh, flashes but end quality lacking. Wouldn’t be arsed if he left.

Connollys11
29-12-2018, 07:49 PM
He's a very good carrier of the ball but he needs to work on his final ball. Still can't believe lenny took him off instead of mallan though.

CMac1988
29-12-2018, 07:49 PM
He always looks busy. Testament to him actually looking to get into space, pick up the ball and try and make something happen. Rarely works out for him but he's at least trying to do something. Rest of the midfield could pitch in and learn from his enthusiasm.

Hibeesmad
29-12-2018, 07:50 PM
Looked the best player on the pitch to me. Would have took a striker off before him

Heisenberg
29-12-2018, 07:51 PM
He must’ve only played out wide about 3 or 4 times since he signed. We need to actually play him in his position for a long period of time. Sadly the rest of the midfield and our strikers are currently a shambles.

SideBurns
29-12-2018, 07:51 PM
I wouldn't have argued with Horgan's substitution if he'd been replaced by someone better. But Hyndman came on, and made his usual contribution - nowt.

Steve20
29-12-2018, 07:52 PM
He’s shocking. Admittedly not as bad as Mallan but still honking.

madhatter
29-12-2018, 07:52 PM
Sadly not good enough in my eyes. His lower centre of gravity gives him an advantage but his silly drop of the shoulder turn thing he does over-and-over again is just ridiculous. Squares his man up and then beats him to then stop as he realises he isn't quick enough and then does the drop of the shoulder once, twice, three times in the hope to get some space but he doesn't as it's too easy to read.

Lennon keeps talking about more creative midfielders etc. I actually think we are lacking more than that - bite and drive. That's why we regularly play 3 at the back, or 5 if you prefer to see it that way, gives us an opportunity to flood the middle and have defenders that can creep out of position to win headers and put tackles in.

It isn't passing creativity we need, it is drive and bite. Someone that will beat their man. Efe is virtually the only player that can do that fairly regularly. Boyle still hasn't worked out how to use his pace to the best effect and doesn't take on his man often enough, far to side-to-side in slow motion. I don't see Horgan supplying this, at one point in the second half, he fell over with virtually no pressure on him.

Too lightweight and no bite and drive is our problem, Horgan will never remedy this.

hibee_girl
29-12-2018, 07:53 PM
He’s the last midfielder I’d have taken off today, Mallan should have been the sub

Connollys11
He’s the last midfielder I’d have taken off today, Mallan should have been the sub

Definitely pal

B.H.F.C
A winger who never plays out wide.

Can cross the ball when he does find himself in a position to do so.

He’s not crap but the management of him is.

Allant1981
29-12-2018, 07:54 PM
He’s shocking. Admittedly not as bad as Mallan but still honking.

No he isnt

yonder1875
29-12-2018, 07:55 PM
Wouldn’t have taken him off as he actually had a decent spell unlike anyone else... but he’s pretty garbage.

flash
Strange how folk see things. We all thought it would be him going off as he had clearly ran out of steam. He can't last a whole game.

Coach Jon
He always looks busy. Testament to him actually looking to get into space, pick up the ball and try and make something happen. Rarely works out for him but he's at least trying to do something. Rest of the midfield could pitch in and learn from his enthusiasm.
Has the attributes to make a decent winger, but does not have the game management skills to utilise them correctly. I think that poor coaching is a factor here unfortunately.

itslegaltender
29-12-2018, 07:56 PM
Horgan is mince. He has no pace and struggles to beat a player. His contribution has been minimal to the team this season. There’s a reason he couldn’t get a regular game at Preston.

spudhib
29-12-2018, 07:56 PM
Blowing out his backside after 60 minutes every time he starts.

Allant1981
29-12-2018, 07:57 PM
Horgan is mince. He has no pace and struggles to beat a player. His contribution has been minimal to the team this season. There’s a reason he couldn’t get a regular game at Preston.

You obviously didn't see the game tonight then, he was constantly running at players in the first half, and went past them quite easily

Borderhibbie76
29-12-2018, 07:59 PM
Horgan is the pick of the midfielders who arrived in the summer.

He has something, and in a better team might be ok.

We are garbage, and if he didn't have to carry passengers like Mallan every week then he'd maybe do a bit better.Mallan is the worst of the lot your bang on...how on earth he wasn't subbed tonight only Lennon can answer that one?? Amazing the way he treats Flo and this guy is an imposter week in week out. Even his set pieces were brutal tonight

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Stokesy's on fire
29-12-2018, 08:03 PM
Horgan was class the Hearts fans must have been delighted when Lennon took him off. Probably one of the worst changes i have ever seen a Hibs manager make.

flash
29-12-2018, 08:05 PM
Horgan was class the Hearts fans must have been delighted when Lennon took him off. Probably one of the worst changes i have ever seen a Hibs manager make.

He could barely move when he was taken off.

madhatter
29-12-2018, 08:05 PM

Mallan would have been subbed had Horgan not ran out of steam. He cannot last 90mins.

Robbo6-2
29-12-2018, 08:09 PM
Horgan has absolutely zero end product.

Yes he's busy and he tried hard, but he is simply not good enough for a team trying to get into the top 3.

Bang average signing.

Carheenlea
29-12-2018, 08:17 PM
He’s busy, gets plenty of the ball and looks like he’s causing problems, but ultimately his efforts have little in way of end product. A trier, can’t fault his efforts and can see why Neil Lennon made the switch with bringing Hyndman on - another player who promises a lot but delivers little. If nothing else it has confirmed the prioritising of the midfield when it comes to bolstering the squad in January.

truehibernian
29-12-2018, 08:18 PM
Thought Horgan did okay particularly first half and a wee spell where him and Mackie linked well together. He does however need to be more incisive and beat a man when out wide, and on the couple of occasions when he went central and drove into space he needs to play with his head up more and the strikers need to really split and give options to him.

Mallan was simply awful. Too ponderous and square, offering nothing creatively and his set piece deliveries were rank rotten.

Whole midfield were too flat and uninspiring, can’t blame injuries, you need to be up for these games in particular and they weren’t..

On that showing, and even with players out, we are 4 or 5 players short in quality, pace and precision. Summer recruitment was terrible and lacked foresight.

Hearts were robust and compact and played a tidy game, weren’t rushed but we rarely pressed and harried them. Efe, Whittaker and Mackie were the only players who took the game by the scruff of the neck and you need more than that in a derby. Very very poor midfield this season

I can see a fair few getting shipped in January, only worry is Efe going which looks very likely given his demeanour post match.

we are hibs
29-12-2018, 08:29 PM
Tried to take people on, tackle, close people down. Sadly that means he was our best midfielder tonight as the others didn't offer most of those.

LaMotta
29-12-2018, 09:15 PM
He’s an upgraded Paul Cairney tbh, flashes but end quality lacking. Wouldn’t be arsed if he left.

Cairney was more effective. More goals and more assists.

500miles
29-12-2018, 09:19 PM
There seems to be a pattern emerging. Horgan looked good to TV viewers, but poor to people at the game. I thought he had a decent game, but didn't produce a final ball, although was strong running at Hearts.

One Day Soon
29-12-2018, 09:22 PM

Agree. Powder puff in terms of driving at defenders, unwilling to use his apparent pace, lacks end product and like too many of them loves a square ball.

hibee_girl
29-12-2018, 09:24 PM
There seems to be a pattern emerging. Horgan looked good to TV viewers, but poor to people at the game. I thought he had a decent game, but didn't produce a final ball, although was strong running at Hearts.

I was at the game and thought Horgan had a decent game too, I wouldn’t have taken him off

wookie70
29-12-2018, 10:02 PM
I was at the game and thought Horgan had a decent game too, I wouldn’t have taken him off

I was at the game too and thought it was a poor decision to take him off. Followed by an even poorer one to wait until the 90th minute to take Flo off and give Hearts a breather. IMO if SDG was fit enough to play he should have started as he is one of a few players that actually looks like he would run through a brick wall for Hibs.

Coco Bryce
29-12-2018, 10:52 PM
I was at the game too and thought it was a poor decision to take him off. Followed by an even poorer one to wait until the 90th minute to take Flo off and give Hearts a breather. IMO if SDG was fit enough to play he should have started as he is one of a few players that actually looks like he would run through a brick wall for Hibs.

This.

Shocking decision from Lennon not playing him from the start.

Liam978
29-12-2018, 11:18 PM
Yes and you would know, have you ever seen the Cabbage play. Naw didn't think so Do one.either that or grow one.

calumhibee1
29-12-2018, 11:20 PM
Can’t make up my mind on Horgan. Can turn people inside out without ever looking threatening. I think he is being played out of position but at the same time it doesn’t totally excuse his lack of end product.