PDA

View Full Version : How to win an Edinburgh derby, in two easy steps

Diclonius
29-12-2018, 07:32 PM
1. When you sell the best midfield in the country for good money, TRY to invest in the team and replace them with players at least on par with your rivals' signings. We tried this penny punching parading the balance sheet thing before, I think it went badly but I can't quite mind how.

2. Ah yeah, this one's pretty simple. If you have nine players out and have the option to postpone the game, postpone the ****ing game.

I have no issues with Lennon's tactics or the team tonight. That skeleton XI did the best they could given their ability and arguably could have won on another night. Hearts spent big this window and surprise surprise, one of their new signings scored the winner. Do we have to wait until our next relegation before spending money?

Allant1981
29-12-2018, 07:34 PM
1. When you sell the best midfield in the country for good money, TRY to invest in the team and replace them with players at least on par with your rivals' signings. We tried this penny punching parading the balance sheet thing before, I think it went badly but I can't quite mind how.

2. Ah yeah, this one's pretty simple. If you have nine players out and have the option to postpost the game, postpone the ****ing game.

I have no issues with Lennon's tactics or the team tonight. That skeleton XI did the best they could given their ability and arguably could have won on another night. Hearts spent big this window and surprise surprise, one of their new signings scored the winner. Do we have to wait until our next relegation before spending money?

That was a bit part team we had put today and apart from the goal hearts were no better, we have had crap luck this year with injury after injury, we aren't a million miles away from being a decent team

Ozyhibby
29-12-2018, 07:34 PM

2. Ah yeah, this one's pretty simple. If you have nine players out and have the option to postpost the game, postpone the ****ing game.

Think of the interest we are earning on McGinn’s money though?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

xyz23jc
29-12-2018, 07:37 PM
1. Stop any football.

2. Fluke a goal.

3. Repeat ad nauseam.

RECIPE FOR DERBY WIN AGAINST HIBS.

Ozyhibby
29-12-2018, 07:38 PM
That was a bit part team we had put today and apart from the goal hearts were no better, we have had crap luck this year with injury after injury, we aren't a million miles away from being a decent team

We are a long way from being a decent team. That midfield are just not good enough.

Allant1981
29-12-2018, 07:39 PM
We are a long way from being a decent team. That midfield are just not good enough.

We have 2 good keepers, a good defence(mistake apart), couple of decent midfielders and a decent striker, so not really that far away

Diclonius
29-12-2018, 07:39 PM
1. Stop any football.

2. Fluke a goal.

3. Repeat ad nauseam.

Sounds good. We should try it some time.

A Hi-Bee
29-12-2018, 07:48 PM

2. Ah yeah, this one's pretty simple. If you have nine players out and have the option to postpone the game, postpone the ****ing game.

It will not change as long as a certain person is lurking behind the scene. We really need to get rid of him to progress he has long had his time and why should we have to wait before he gets his SFA blazer, get rid now.

xyz23jc
29-12-2018, 07:52 PM
Sounds good. We should try it some time.

Only against them....It seems to work....Just ask St Mirren fans! :thumbsup:

Diclonius
29-12-2018, 07:53 PM
It will not change as long as a certain person is lurking behind the scene. We really need to get rid of him to progress he has long had his time and why should we have to wait before he gets his SFA blazer, get rid now.

Nail on head. He won't leave though.

neil7908
29-12-2018, 08:05 PM
Lennon's record is now 1 derby win in 6.

This isn't just about tonight.

Diclonius
29-12-2018, 08:15 PM

No it isn't, it's 3 in 9.

loanheadhibby
29-12-2018, 09:14 PM
Think of the interest we are earning on McGinn’s money though?

Probably be Farmer that's earning the interest and not the club?

wookie70
30-12-2018, 12:33 AM
We have 2 good keepers, a good defence(mistake apart), couple of decent midfielders and a decent striker, so not really that far away

Who are the decent midfielders and on current form who is the decent striker. I actually think we have 3 good keepers.

We may get lucky and a few players are the ingredients to bring the recipe together. I can't see it though and there is definitely an issue with the effort players are putting in and that is not just Flo. Mallan, Horgan and Hyndman were like pocket dynamos against Celtc for pretty much teh full 90. They seem to struggle to do a 60 minute shift at half throttle most weeks. That isn't right and particularly when it is a number of players.

NAE NOOKIE
30-12-2018, 01:33 AM

How dae ye mean like?

davym7062
30-12-2018, 01:44 AM
We’re 8th in the league for a reason! Hibs are a poor side, we need investment come January

The 90+2
30-12-2018, 01:53 AM
We’re 8th in the league for a reason! Hibs are a poor side, we need investment come January

We need a new manager to invest. Fk trusting Lennon after what he’s done previously.

Famous Fiver
30-12-2018, 12:14 PM
Two easy steps?

Pot shot from 25 yards.

Dodgy ref.

There, sorted.

Allant1981
30-12-2018, 12:18 PM
Who are the decent midfielders and on current form who is the decent striker. I actually think we have 3 good keepers.

We may get lucky and a few players are the ingredients to bring the recipe together. I can't see it though and there is definitely an issue with the effort players are putting in and that is not just Flo. Mallan, Horgan and Hyndman were like pocket dynamos against Celtc for pretty much teh full 90. They seem to struggle to do a 60 minute shift at half throttle most weeks. That isn't right and particularly when it is a number of players.

Mallan is a good player, playing poorly just now I agree, Milligan is decent, Horgan is decent, Bartley is decent, Kamberi and Maclaren are decent forwards, again playing poor at the moment but last season showed what they are capable of, Boyle when playing well is another, so there are good players there but something not quite right just now

H18S NX
30-12-2018, 12:20 PM
Two easy steps?

Pot shot from 25 yards.

Dodgy ref.

There, sorted......Don't think it is that easy,they coped with everything we had with ease yesterday,time for a rethink ?

bobbyhibs1983
30-12-2018, 01:36 PM
Its an intresting question how to beat your biggest rivals i think its more than 2 steps though.
Imo after watching the game i felt heartz were there for the taking.I mean heartz didn't doo too much did they?
I feel what hibs need is pace..i mean alot of pace.someone whom can run at players take them on.Though someone whom will drive at the opponets would help.I felt hibs were very slow.i mean after we went down a goal yesterday where was the urgency?> we got a few throw ins and it took ages (felt like a loong long time !) to take it,thus giving heartz to get themselfs sorted,which i feel they do okay at.give them time and they do ok...dont give them time then i feel thats a way we can take advantage .
Like above..there was a moment in and around the 60mins mark where anbrose(i think) had the ball went past one of there players and was close to the stand and well another jambo came to help the other jambo... where was our players support?
I think we were unlucky though we hit the bar and we had the ball going alone the goal line( how the heck did that go in???)

Northernhibee
30-12-2018, 01:37 PM
I don’t get this penny pinching thing one bit. Three of our midfielders that were so quiet yesterday were signed for a fee. That’s not money scrimped, that’s money wasted.

stokesmessiah
30-12-2018, 01:39 PM
1. Stop any football.

2. Fluke a goal.

3. Repeat ad nauseam.

Not sure what you were watching.

Jones28
30-12-2018, 01:42 PM

How do you figure that? He just takes the money out the club?

Springbank
30-12-2018, 03:42 PM
hearts and rangers both tried harder than us, ran harder than us, ran further than us, put in 10% more effort than us, unsettled us and isolated our showpony midfielders (mallan and hyndman) while Lennon made matters worse by subbing our only truly effective midfielder (horgan) in BOTH recent home games.

no goals for hibs in 180 mins

hearts get the bragging rights

I am sick of luxury showponies in our midfield. they lose us derbies.

Lancs Harp
30-12-2018, 06:06 PM
We need Cathro back in the Hearts dug out.

Viva_Palmeiras
30-12-2018, 06:10 PM

Really checked that one out.

Silky
30-12-2018, 06:52 PM

I get that. However, I don't get the obsession with beating them all the time. There is a bigger picture. Derby's are 4 games a season. 12 points. That's it. I'd rather we sorted the on field issues and started winning games. If our only ambition in a season is to get 12 points (beating them 4 times) I think that's sad. I wouldn't care a toss if that went to 1 win in 8 if we can end the season like last and get European football again.

G B Young
30-12-2018, 07:10 PM

I'd say only Boyle and Porteous were key absentees in a game like last night, with Boyle's pace an asset we could have done with. Easy to say in hindsight we should have postponed it, but I thought we should still have had enough about us not to lose to that Hearts side.

As for one of their 'big' signings scoring, you just need to take a look at his CV (Dagenham, Gillingham, Barnet, Birmingham (loan) and Luton to see he's just another journeyman who will once in a blue moon hit a wonder strike. Unfortunately it came against us.

Captain Trips
30-12-2018, 10:09 PM
Score 1 more than them usually works.

Lancs Harp
30-12-2018, 10:12 PM
Score 1 more than them usually works.

Score 7 more than them is the way to do it :wink:

Diclonius
01-01-2019, 07:53 PM
If only someone could point out where we are going wrong the Board might read it on here on one of their team building sessions when boosting team morale and go out and buy the fix.

The board should instill a club wide ethos that finishing second best to Hearts, at any level, in any competition and in any game is unnacceptable.

I bet you that's exactly what they push no matter who the personell are, and it works as success against your rivals breeds confidence. It's no coincidence that the last four times either Edinburgh team won a cup, they beat their rivals on the way.

DarlingtonHibee
01-01-2019, 08:01 PM

No hibs fan would post that.

I rest my case.

DarlingtonHibee
01-01-2019, 08:34 PM

I have no issues with Lennon's tactics or the team tonight. That skeleton XI did the best they could given their ability and arguably could have won on another nighmt. Hearts spent big this window and surprise surprise, one of their new signings scored the winner. Do we have to wait until our next relegation before spending money?
Just out of interest how much money have we had from villa.

Re postponement, we beat celtic without the aussies.