PDA

View Full Version : Todays Derby in Belfast

eastcoasthibby
29-12-2018, 07:36 AM
Belfast for the weekend, does anyone know or can recommend any pubs/bar where I can watch our game today ?

Hibernia&Alba
29-12-2018, 08:41 AM
It would have to be The Red Hand and Crown on Shankill Road. Colours welcome.:greengrin

Dashing Bob S
29-12-2018, 09:06 AM
It would have to be The Red Hand and Crown on Shankill Road. Colours welcome.:greengrin

I prefer the nearby Taigslaughter Arms. Even the Bucket of Fienian Blood is good at a push. They do nice pies but I’m not sure what’s in them.

HUTCHYHIBBY
29-12-2018, 09:12 AM

They do a nice pint of 1690 Shilling in there.

eastcoasthibby
29-12-2018, 09:32 AM
Thanks all ...I will look at where is best for us GGTTH

hibees60
29-12-2018, 09:33 AM
Belfast for the weekend, does anyone know or can recommend any pubs/bar where I can watch our game today ?

The Monico bar ( city centre)

lyonhibs
29-12-2018, 09:33 AM

I think the previous recommendations may have been a tad facetious.....

There's a poster on here who lived/lives in Belfast. Hopefully they see this thread and can give you a good place to go.

Hibernia&Alba
29-12-2018, 09:34 AM

Just be judicious in choosing somewhere. Speak to the staff and ask what it's usually like for football fans.

JimBHibees
29-12-2018, 09:35 AM

There's a poster on here who lived/lives in Belfast. Hopefully they see this thread and can give you a good place to go.

Liverpool Arsenal n at same time so will be difficult.

Hibernia&Alba
29-12-2018, 09:37 AM
Liverpool Arsenal n at same time so will be difficult.

True. Some places may be showing both.

eastcoasthibby
29-12-2018, 11:06 AM

Nothing like a bit Hibs net bants .......in reading the names I didnt even bother to google them ..local knowledge is the way to go !!
Appreciate your assistance ....Lyonhibs 👍

Carheenlea
29-12-2018, 11:24 AM
Watched a derby a few years back in a pub near the botanics, think it was called The Parlour? Obviously the Liverpool game is going to be a stumbling block in finding availability, but might find a bar that doesn’t have BT or find one that can show both at same time, so it’s really just a case of asking around.
This thread from a previous enquiry doesn’t really offer much either! http://www.hibs.net/showthread.php?335284-Hibs-game-in-Belfast&highlight=Belfast

Hopeful you find somewhere!

Newry Hibs
29-12-2018, 01:05 PM
You may have to try up by the university area for bigger pubs that may have several TVs. Liverpool being on will be an issue. Maybe get a taxi and ask the driver. You could try and be neutral in your team though!! Going to Celtc minded areas may get you the match, but again they may have the Liverpool match on.

Also , depending on how the bigot game goes it maybe best avoiding partisan areas and stick to the more neutral studenty parts. I would suggest trying to disguise any feelings of utter joy as you never know who is around and what colour they bleed.

heretoday
29-12-2018, 01:23 PM
You'll be lucky.

Jonny1875
30-12-2018, 10:46 AM
Just for future reference -
City centre try - The Hercules, Monico. Not much choice in city centre might get lucky although must big bars in city centre lean more towards English games. The strand bar about a ten minute walk from city centre would be worth a shot too.
Best going to student area and trying - The Fly, The Bot etc.
Best option is to try the west of the city and go to - The Felons Club, Beehive bar, The Rock, Devenish, Biddys Bar, Hunting Lodge. These will all be more likely to show it and are a safer environment for Hibees.

The Harp Awakes
30-12-2018, 10:57 AM

Is that a different Crown to the one in the City Centre opposite the Europa Hotel? That's a cracking boozer with a great story behind how it originated - wipe your feet on the mosaic crown on the floor as you go through the door ha ha.

BullsCloseHibs
31-12-2018, 01:55 PM
Celts Bar down The Falls has a Hibernian pennant behind the bar.

HUTCHYHIBBY
31-12-2018, 01:58 PM
Is that a different Crown to the one in the City Centre opposite the Europa Hotel? That's a cracking boozer with a great story behind how it originated - wipe your feet on the mosaic crown on the floor as you go through the door ha ha.

Aye, it is. I think you might struggle to find it though. 😉

The_Horde
31-12-2018, 03:16 PM

Still can't believe he played in Lewy's testimonial. Ruined the day for me.

Jonny1875
31-12-2018, 06:13 PM

Closed, a long time ago. Unless your referring to The Rock.

HUTCHYHIBBY
31-12-2018, 06:16 PM
Closed, a long time ago. Unless your referring to The Rock.

Is that the one outside the prison walls? 😏