PDA

View Full Version : Your derby day

Lancs Harp
28-12-2018, 02:56 PM
I'll be up by lunchtime, setting off around 7.30, grab a bite to eat possibly in Spoons or possibly in Nobles if Im feeling flush and hungry (plus I'll need a change of clothes as they dont like colours) then off to the Percy to watch the OF game, probably wander down to Robbies after the OF game although I'll expect breathing space to be at a premium by mid afternoon!! Be at my seat a good 20 minutes before KO, I like to take it all in :greengrin Hopefully a celebration pint or two after the game. Home on Sunday morning. Best day of the Christmas break for me, cant wait.

Just out of interest and not necessarily with tomorrow and Hearts in mind but which pubs do visiting fans generally frequent before games at Easter Road. Im usually in Leith, very occasionally in the City centre and never really get to bump into visiting fans.

Since90+2
28-12-2018, 02:58 PM
I'll be up by lunchtime, setting off around 7.30, grab a bite to eat possibly in Spoons or possibly in Nobles if Im feeling flush and hungry (plus I'll need a change of clothes as they dont like colours) then off to the Percy to watch the OF game, probably wander down to Robbies after the OF game although I'll expect breathing space to be at a premium by mid afternoon!! Be at my seat a good 20 minutes before KO, I like to take it all in :greengrin Hopefully a celebration pint or two after the game. Home on Sunday morning. Best day of the Christmas break for me, cant wait.

Just out of interest and not necessarily with tomorrow and Hearts in mind but which pubs do visiting fans generally frequent before games at Easter Road. Im usually in Leith, very occasionally in the City centre and never really get to bump into visiting fans.

You get away fans in Middleton's,The Mash Tun and occasionally in Artisan.

Albanian Hibs
28-12-2018, 06:02 PM
Any child friendly pubs in Easter road? Asking for a friend. Hibs club is members only before game.

jakeds
28-12-2018, 06:10 PM

Is nobles not liking colours a new thing? I go there often before games and never had any issues

Lancs Harp
28-12-2018, 06:17 PM
Is nobles not liking colours a new thing? I go there often before games and never had any issues

Was last season or the season before when I got told. I had already ordered and was eating my breakfast when the guy came up and told me, it was a Hibs T shirt, I did offer to sit there topless. My offer was declined.:wink:

HH81
28-12-2018, 07:44 PM
I'm away this weekend and just got to my room. Full sky package so if games not on in pub downstairs I'm sorted 😁

Hibernian32
28-12-2018, 07:51 PM
****, shave & shower away to work finish at 3pm then right to the 4 in hand.

lets go:flag:

lyonhibs
28-12-2018, 08:05 PM
Finalising details with a couple of well kent posters on here. Taking a bit of a run up for this one, OF game then watching my bets fail, then us hump the filth.

Could be a truly great day....

Hibby70
28-12-2018, 08:08 PM
I've had it in my head that it was a 5pm. kickoff for weeks. Just checked Flashscores and they have it as 5:15. So checked web and now realise its 5:30!

At least I would have been early.

Lancs Harp
28-12-2018, 08:09 PM
I've had it in my head that it was a 5pm. kickoff for weeks. Just checked Flashscores and they have it as 5:15. So checked web and now realise its 5:30!

At least I would have been early.

Time for an extra beer :wink:

Golden Bear
28-12-2018, 08:18 PM
Chores in the morning. I'll watch the first half of the lesser derby at home then head down to the pub to watch the second half. I'm being chauffeur driven tomorrow which means I can have a few wee nippy sweeties. Getting picked up at 3pm for the journey to Edinburgh, hopefully park near Meadowbank then make the short walk to the Hoppy pub for a few more drinks just to settle the pre match nerves.

Barney McGrew
28-12-2018, 08:21 PM
Breakfast, Hibs Club, pump Hertz sideways, out to celebrate :cb

Carheenlea
28-12-2018, 08:46 PM
Chores in the morning. I'll watch the first half of the lesser derby at home then head down to the pub to watch the second half. I'm being chauffeur driven tomorrow which means I can have a few wee nippy sweeties. Getting picked up at 3pm for the journey to Edinburgh, hopefully park near Meadowbank then make the short walk to the Hoppy pub for a few more drinks just to settle the pre match nerves.

Enjoy J - hate missing derbies but at least I can view the game. A fact-finding trip round the pubs of Galway yesterday sourced a suitable venue.
A full Irish breakfast courtesy of mother in law before being dropped into Athenry by wife to catch a train for the short run to Galway in time to watch the Old Firm derby in McGinn’s Hop House. It’s the pub of choice for the local Celtic Supporters Club so will be packed for that game. With that in mind I might forgo my normal neutrality and quietly root for a Rangers win for entertainment value, as watching folk get angry is far more fun than them enjoying themselves. A break for food then back in for the big one - one screen showing Hibs v Hearts and the rest showing Liverpool v whoever it is they’re playing at same time. Lift arranged outside for just after full time so celebrations will have to continue back at the in laws.

Golden Bear
28-12-2018, 08:50 PM
Enjoy J - hate missing derbies but at least I can view the game. A fact-finding trip round the pubs of Galway yesterday sourced a suitable venue.
A full Irish breakfast courtesy of mother in law before being dropped into Athenry by wife to catch a train for the short run to Galway in time to watch the Old Firm derby in McGinn’s Hop House. It’s the pub of choice for the local Celtic Supporters Club so will be packed for that game. With that in mind I might forgo my normal neutrality and quietly root for a Rangers win for entertainment value, as watching folk get angry is far more fun than them enjoying themselves. A break for food then back in for the big one - one screen showing Hibs v Hearts and the rest showing Liverpool v whoever it is they’re playing at same time. Lift arranged outside for just after full time so celebrations will have to continue back at the in laws.

Sounds like a full day. Quite right make the best of the hols when you can.

Babyshamble
28-12-2018, 08:56 PM
Bus fae Glenrothes at 12.40. 4 in hand for a swally.

Mon_the_cabbage
28-12-2018, 08:58 PM

Will also be in the Hoppy but remember it wont be a short walk tomorrow. It's either through the park or Lochend Butterfly Way and round the ground. If you all leave early enough I might get served in time for a swift hawf before leaving for the game! :na na::greengrin:greengrin

stoneyburn hibs
28-12-2018, 09:01 PM
Sorry it's not helpful, but **** the Hearts.

Golden Bear
28-12-2018, 09:13 PM
Will also be in the Hoppy but remember it wont be a short walk tomorrow. It's either through the park or Lochend Butterfly Way and round the ground. If you all leave early enough I might get served in time for a swift hawf before leaving for the game! :na na::greengrin:greengrin

Lochend Park for us tomorrow which is a long stagger if your seat is in the West.

LustForLeith
28-12-2018, 09:27 PM
What ever happened to the “what’s everyone wearing” thread?

Mon_the_cabbage
28-12-2018, 09:28 PM
Lochend Park for us tomorrow which is a long stagger if your seat is in the West.

Tell me about it, normally 7 minutes from Hoppy to seat in West lower (South). If I have to leave early (and due to health considerations we'll need to allow maybe an extra 10 - 15 mins) I might miss some of Tony's charm and wit! :greengrin

By the way, if you still go through the temporary walk way, would Butterfly Way not be a little bit quicker?

Golden Bear
28-12-2018, 09:35 PM
Tell me about it, normally 7 minutes from Hoppy to seat in West lower (South). If I have to leave early (and due to health considerations we'll need to allow maybe an extra 10 - 15 mins) I might miss some of Tony's charm and wit! :greengrin

By the way, if you still go through the temporary walk way, would Butterfly Way not be a little bit quicker?

It would be but I thought it was shut off tomorrow?

Saturday Boy
28-12-2018, 09:39 PM

You talkin’ bought me, Bro? 😄😄😄

Mon_the_cabbage
28-12-2018, 10:01 PM
You talkin’ bought me, Bro? 😄😄😄

Well yeah, what with your age an' all! :greengrin

Mon_the_cabbage
28-12-2018, 10:03 PM
It would be but I thought it was shut off tomorrow?

For the Rangers game, the police were positioned at the left turn to the stadium at Lawrie Reilly way (I think that's it's name) so I was sent straight on up Lochend Butterfly Way.

Edit: Looking at a map to confirm street names, they were at the very end of Albion Road where it meets Lochend Butterfly Way. Hope that helps.

Saturday Boy
28-12-2018, 10:03 PM
Well yeah, what with your age an' all! :greengrin

😄. See you tomorrow

Mon_the_cabbage
28-12-2018, 10:07 PM
😄. See you tomorrow

Yep, mine's the usual! :greengrin:greengrin

Saturday Boy
28-12-2018, 10:11 PM
Yep, mine's the usual! :greengrin:greengrin

Just realised that this is cheaper than texting and boosts our post count 😄

Your pint will be ready 🍺

wazoo1875
28-12-2018, 11:07 PM
What ever happened to the “what’s everyone wearing” thread?

I’ll be wearing some cool sneaks mate, you coming for a bevvy with the lads ? We’ll be in the club for the old firm game

monktonharp
28-12-2018, 11:46 PM
A full Irish breakfast courtesy of mother in law before being dropped into Athenry by wife to catch a train for the short run to Galway in time to watch the Old Firm derby in McGinn’s Hop House. It’s the pub of choice for the local Celtic Supporters Club so will be packed for that game. With that in mind I might forgo my normal neutrality and quietly root for a Rangers win for entertainment value, as watching folk get angry is far more fun than them enjoying themselves. A break for food then back in for the big one - one screen showing Hibs v Hearts and the rest showing Liverpool v whoever it is they’re playing at same time. Lift arranged outside for just after full time so celebrations will have to continue back at the in laws.better watch your language. you could be found in a low lying field:wink:

monktonharp
28-12-2018, 11:51 PM
that's the wind getting strong, and pissing rain! . hope it is not forecast for later today.

SteveHFC
29-12-2018, 12:14 AM
that's the wind getting strong, and pissing rain! . hope it is not forecast for later today.

Not wearing my green speedo's in this weather.

Sproule Three
29-12-2018, 12:14 AM
Long day for me in Sydney .
430am kick off on 30th our time.
Not sure whether to stay up all night or have an early one .
36C forecast today so I’ll likely go to Sydney FC v Brisbane game and drink too many beers in the sun then crash out so setting my alarm now for 415am.
Almost feeling a bit guilty now .
I played a tiny part in Boyle’s absence by signing part of his Aus citizenship form hence he’s not playing today .
So we lose our most potent attaching threat and to compound this I’ve organised one of my cousins STs to go to an Aussie Hibee .. who’s usually a jinx .

Think we will win despite these factors and I’ll be nursing a big hangover trying to cope with another uncomfortable stinking hot day.

HibeeHibernian4
29-12-2018, 01:21 AM
Harp and Castle for me. Hopefully it won't be too busy by the time we get down there.

SteveHFC
29-12-2018, 01:24 AM
Harp and Castle for me. Hopefully it won't be too busy by the time we get down there.

Think that's we're heading.

cheltenhamhibee
29-12-2018, 02:10 AM
Kemble Brewery for pints at 12.30, then off to watch Cheltenham pump Forest Green (hopefully) then back to my pub in time to watch us pump them :flag:

AZhibee
29-12-2018, 03:05 AM
Sleep in a bit, cook breakfast for everyone, hook the iPad up to the TV, refill the coffee, 3-0 Hibs, enjoy the afternoon and evening.

Forza Fred
29-12-2018, 03:45 AM
It’s 39 degrees in my part of Sydney.

No plans to go out tonight, so will hopefully watch Sydney FC get pumped on the telly, with the air conditioning on, before setting the alarm for 0415, wiping the sleep from my eyes, and sitting in front of the telly for the 0430 kick off.

GGTTH

Austinho
29-12-2018, 04:28 AM
It’s 39 degrees in my part of Sydney.

No plans to go out tonight, so will hopefully watch Sydney FC get pumped on the telly, with the air conditioning on, before setting the alarm for 0415, wiping the sleep from my eyes, and sitting in front of the telly for the 0430 kick off.

GGTTHA pleasant 29 degrees in the city :)

I’ll be going to bed around 8pm, wake up for the match and then stay up and celebrate, or go back to sleep.

FilipinoHibs
29-12-2018, 04:37 AM
I am in our house in the North of the Philippines. I slept in as long as possible 7am. Breakfast then off to drop off the nephews to my wife's mother and fathers. Roadside lunch on the way home. Siesta in the afternoon. A nice curry dinner and San Miguels at home. Off the ball then off to bed. Alarm set for 1:30am local time to watch the game on Hibs TV. We have never lost a game when I have been in the Philippines.

SingaporeHibs
29-12-2018, 06:50 AM
Slept through to mid morning as it’s going to be a Long day waiting for the 1:30am kick off here. Will watch the OF game and then an English match before the Hibs build up kicks off. There maybe a few beers along the way as well. GGTTH

Golden Bear
29-12-2018, 07:16 AM
For the Rangers game, the police were positioned at the left turn to the stadium at Lawrie Reilly way (I think that's it's name) so I was sent straight on up Lochend Butterfly Way.

Edit: Looking at a map to confirm street names, they were at the very end of Albion Road where it meets Lochend Butterfly Way. Hope that helps.

:aok:

Glory Lurker
29-12-2018, 07:21 AM
For all the UK's current woes, at least we're not like Australia, Philippines and Singapore where they only let folk watch the Hibs at ridiculous times in the morning. Why do the people put up with that?????

J-C
29-12-2018, 07:26 AM
Been working since 4am, I'll finish about 2.30, get home and change, then meet a couple of mates in th 4 In Hand for a couple pre game drinks.

3pm
29-12-2018, 07:51 AM
I’m just going to stare at the wall.

HUTCHYHIBBY
29-12-2018, 07:55 AM
Pub crawl from far end of Junction Street towards Leith taking in the OF game in Gladstone's on the way, before a final stopping off point of The Office or 4IH pre KO.

Dashing Bob S
29-12-2018, 08:04 AM
Meet at a safe house in Pilrig where we’ll get tooled up then have it with their mob in the park, after having sent out some young jailbait to dismantle a couple of cameras earlier that morning.

Then I shall change from my stone island into a two piece and visit my elderly aunt and uncle in the Grange, watching the game on Sky in their well appointed home cinema over brandy and quality nibbles.

Pretty Boy
29-12-2018, 08:07 AM
A meal in a pub in Lincolnshire with no TV. Likely getting grief for being distracted and rude for checking my phone every 30 seconds.

Nevee trust a woman to plan things.....

HUTCHYHIBBY
29-12-2018, 08:09 AM
Meet at a safe house in Pilrig where we’ll get tooled up then have it with their mob in the park, after having sent out some young jailbait to dismantle a couple of cameras earlier that morning.

Then I shall change from my stone island into a two piece and visit my elderly aunt and uncle in the Grange, watching the game on Sky in their well appointed home cinema over brandy and quality nibbles.

DBS - A man at comfort in any walk of life! ☺

Auckland Hibs
29-12-2018, 08:16 AM
4.30am start here for me.

Down staying at the beach in the Coromandel for Christmas with both my Mum & Sister over from Edinburgh which has been brilliant.

Had a couple of beers earlier but now heading for a couple of hours kip before watching the match on Hibs TV.

G.G.T.T.H

Sproule Three
29-12-2018, 08:23 AM
4.30am start here for me.

Down staying at the beach in the Coromandel for Christmas with both my Mum & Sister over from Edinburgh which has been brilliant.

Had a couple of beers earlier but now heading for a couple of hours kip before watching the match on Hibs TV.
G.G.T.T.H

Grab another couple of hours kip .
630am kick off NZ time

Auckland Hibs
29-12-2018, 08:26 AM
Grab another couple of hours kip .
630am kick off NZ time

Even better - didn't realise it was a late kick off UK time.

makaveli1875
29-12-2018, 08:31 AM
Watching the OF game with the auld man then going to my brother in laws to watch the derby and he's a ****ing jambo so we better win

Golden Bear
29-12-2018, 08:33 AM

:greengrin

Your best post for a while DBS.

I feared that you had lost your literary craftsmanship. No such worries then!

nonshinyfinish
29-12-2018, 08:42 AM
Just arrived from Stansted. The plane turned over the Forth so I got a view of the Holy Ground from the air. Need to get those corners filled in.

Judging by the landing, either it’s a bit breezy or the pilot was steaming.

Sproule Three
29-12-2018, 08:50 AM
For all the UK's current woes, at least we're not like Australia, Philippines and Singapore where they only let folk watch the Hibs at ridiculous times in the morning. Why do the people put up with that?????

Hope SingHibs and his family are safe in the Philippinnes - they just got hit by a big earthquake

Bostonhibby
29-12-2018, 09:10 AM
A meal in a pub in Lincolnshire with no TV. Likely getting grief for being distracted and rude for checking my phone every 30 seconds.

Nevee trust a woman to plan things.....Oh dear!

We have the Lincolnshire pub bit in common, food and beer in Spalding to see which of the uglies are uglier then we head north to see Boston United play Bradford Park Avenue who might be resplendent in their magnificent green top with white sleeves.

From there we have a half hour race to another Lincolnshire pub to see Hibs beat hearts by 3-1.

Nearly said enjoy your day[emoji6]

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk