PDA

View Full Version : Bogdan

basehibby
28-12-2018, 12:28 AM
How good has Adam Bogdan been since his loan signing from Liverpool in August???

Such a key position and already Adam has proved a key signing. He's not just filled a pair of boots for us but has given his all and forced his way into first choice position ahead of some stern competition. I've seen some times when we've had legends between the sticks and also some times when we've been known for having comedy keepers.

Right now though - I'm happy that we've got two recognised international keepers - with a more than decent Scottish keeper in reserve - discuss...

Bangkok Hibby
28-12-2018, 12:31 AM
How good has Adam Bogdan been since his loan signing from Liverpool in August???

Such a key position and already Adam has proved a key signing. He's not just filled a pair of boots for us but has given his all and forced his way into first choice position ahead of some stern competition. I've seen some times when we've had legends between the sticks and also some times when we've been known for having comedy keepers.

Right now though - I'm happy that we've got two recognised international keepers - with a more than decent Scottish keeper in reserve - discuss...

Agree completely. I like his distribution, immediately looking to get things moving with a decent throw out.

Shrekko
28-12-2018, 12:34 AM
Goalkeeping is the healthiest it’s been since we briefly had Goram and Rough.

Bogdan and Marciano is pretty impressive and possibly on a par with both the Old Firm and what they have.

CMurdoch
28-12-2018, 02:12 AM
Best player in the team.
Top notch.

CraigHibee
28-12-2018, 05:42 AM
Great keeper, was a little rusty when he came in but has turned out to be a shrewd signing, don't think there is much chance of us being able to sign him permanently but you never know

Viva_Palmeiras
28-12-2018, 06:06 AM
Goalkeeping school realised. Yogi was on to something :)

calumhibee1
28-12-2018, 06:39 AM
Best player in the team.
Top notch.

Certainly up there. Same goes for Marciano aswell imo though. I don’t think there’s much between the two of them at all.

DetroitHibs
28-12-2018, 07:34 AM
Gotta imagine he's on at least £8000 a week at Liverpool.

makaveli1875
28-12-2018, 07:36 AM
Gotta imagine he's on at least £8000 a week at Liverpool.

i read a while back that he's on 25 or 30k a week

the kids at Liverpool will probably clear more than 8ka week

roo62
28-12-2018, 07:37 AM
Yeah spot on.
Bogdan now for me over Rocky. Much sharper in reflex, quicker and more accurate in distribution. Braver and can take a cross. Marciano for me always looks lazier and needs to up his game on his return. Just saying.

Crammond Hibee
28-12-2018, 07:39 AM

Yes decent keepers
Not many clubs have three able keepers

BILLYHIBS
28-12-2018, 07:42 AM
Certainly up there. Same goes for Marciano aswell imo though. I don’t think there’s much between the two of them at all.

Bogdan for me every day of the week!

Felt sorry for Rocky but his injury worked in our favour as Bogdan stepped up to the plate and seized his opportunity

His recent form has been outstanding

danhibees1875
28-12-2018, 07:55 AM
When rocky first came back from injury I wanted him back in goals as I felt Bogdan had been solid enough but had never actually made a good save (which rocky pulls out of the bag every so often) - he's done so now in both games against rangers to win us points.

Incredible to have 2 very good goalkeepers.

Eyrie
28-12-2018, 09:26 AM
i read a while back that he's on 25 or 30k a week

the kids at Liverpool will probably clear more than 8ka week

£30k was the figure I heard.

Source was a friend of a friend of his family, so probably not that reliable but not implausible given the money on offer at the biggest clubs down south.

Johnny_Leith
28-12-2018, 09:32 AM
When rocky first came back from injury I wanted him back in goals as I felt Bogdan had been solid enough but had never actually made a good save (which rocky pulls out of the bag every so often) - he's done so now in both games against rangers to win us points.

Please watch the highlights of asteras away.

The Spaceman
28-12-2018, 09:39 AM
Totally agreed. He is class and we are lucky to have him! He has played c.25 EPL matches and c.100 English Championship matches, so with a pedigree like that he was always, as a keeper, going to be good. Would love to keep him.

calumhibee1
28-12-2018, 09:41 AM

He was superb that game.

Johnny_Leith
28-12-2018, 09:42 AM
He was superb that game.

Unbelievable Jeff.

Carheenlea
28-12-2018, 09:44 AM
I opened this thread with some trepidation - was half expecting to read that he had picked up an injury!

Keep forgetting where he is on loan from and what kind of money he will be on. A top class keeper we are lucky to enjoy having in our squad.

CmoantheHibs
28-12-2018, 09:47 AM
He has been a fantastic signing. His positioning and decision making have been top drawer. He makes a very difficult position look very easy. Can't see how we could keep a hold of him but if we can then I'd be delighted.

Keyser Sauzee
28-12-2018, 09:51 AM
He’s the best keeper we’ve had in my time watching Hibs since mid 90’s, he’s that good. It shows the fact that he’s at one of the biggest clubs in Europe.

FitbaFolkKen
28-12-2018, 09:54 AM
Particularly enjoyed his reaction at the end.

https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x6r8vn8

Onceinawhile
28-12-2018, 10:09 AM
Some bunch of pundits (sportscene or bt, cant mind which)? Chose zlamal ahead of him in an Edinburgh select!!

The same boy hearts have dropped.

Bogdan is quality.

JimBHibees
28-12-2018, 10:11 AM
Particularly enjoyed his reaction at the end.

https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x6r8vn8

Brilliant reaction.

Jones28
28-12-2018, 10:29 AM
Agree completely. I like his distribution, immediately looking to get things moving with a decent throw out.

He could hit a penny from 50 yards away with some of his throws. One of his key assets imo

Inconsequential
28-12-2018, 06:05 PM
I can recall the headline - 'Bogdan is bogging' after his first couple of games. How wrong can the author be? Excellent keeper. :agree:

Northernhibee
28-12-2018, 08:30 PM
It’s so tough. Both Marciano and Bogdan are two tremendous keepers and I keep changing my mind as to who I prefer.

dp00
28-12-2018, 08:32 PM
Think we forget that laidlaw is also decent , we are fairly well covered in the GK dept when all fit

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

calumhibee1
28-12-2018, 08:33 PM
It’s so tough. Both Marciano and Bogdan are two tremendous keepers and I keep changing my mind as to who I prefer.

Likewise. I still feel Rocky is more likely to pull off the absolute impossible but Bogdan is probably slightly more steady.

Viva_Palmeiras
28-12-2018, 08:59 PM
I can recall the headline - 'Bogdan is bogging' after his first couple of games. How wrong can the author be? Excellent keeper. :agree:

Ah the sound bite headline without the analysis. Tinternet makes it easy.

21sMay
28-12-2018, 09:14 PM
The young lad dabrovski isn't bad either from what I've seen

green with envy
28-12-2018, 10:23 PM

''Never made a good save'' What have you been watching?

James Stephen
28-12-2018, 10:35 PM

Exactly what i was thinking as i read that.

I also think hes better at crosses than Rocky, but agree with others, im fairly comfortable with either.

Shrekko
28-12-2018, 10:43 PM
A superb keeper who’s made umpteen great saves. Maybe makes them look easy at times?

danhibees1875
28-12-2018, 10:59 PM

:agree:

You're quite right. I had forgotten that game, he made some important saves - one in particular was a very good save.

blackpoolhibs
29-12-2018, 09:37 AM
I personally think Bogdan is a step above Rocky, although that is not to say Rocky is not a very good keeper. Its fantastic to see us with a couple of keepers that are so good, after years of mediocrity.:top marks

superfurryhibby
29-12-2018, 09:42 AM
Bogdan is the best goalie at Hibs since Leighton, top class performer. Rocky is good, but not quite at that level.

Bogdan has been one of Lennon’s more inspired signings. I wonder if he can be sold by his parent club during the window? His performances will surely have interested other clubs. Given the standard of his game, there’s no way we’ll see him back at ER on a permanent basis.