PDA

View Full Version : Moan Moan Moan !

hibbydog
27-12-2018, 07:55 PM
Hibs current plight has shown quite a lot of people to display some real negativity. Like proper vitriol.

I understand to an extent. I’m a bit frustrated but I’ll never let it get me too angry. But there are some who cannot wait for Hibs to get beat so they can have a good moan.

Why?

I’ll generally take the ‘Ach weel’ attitude. I’m not in control of hibs results, and I’ll take what comes our way. And when hibs are *****, I’ll do my best to brush it off then go and do something else.

Yes, we’re not great this season, but we’ve been a lot worse. And yes, we are a club that generally doesn’t meet its potential.

But I’ll still never understand the constant moaners. If you don’t get any fun out of watching hibs, why bother? I don’t spend money going to a concert then moan about it afterwards?

The moaners really defy logic. I’m not having a pop, just trying to understand why people will put time and money into a hobby that just p!sses them off?

Lancs Harp
27-12-2018, 07:58 PM
The younger generation tend to use other forms of social media, message boards like this are the domain of middle aged man and moaning is what middle aged man does best. :greengrin

Hi Heid Yin
27-12-2018, 08:01 PM
The younger generation tend to use other forms of social media, message boards like this are the domain of middle aged man and moaning is what middle aged man does best. :greengrin

:tee hee::tee hee:

jacomo
27-12-2018, 09:10 PM

Ach there’s a fair bit of ill informed fury across other social media too!

Speedway
27-12-2018, 11:39 PM
So far our ‘biggest playing budget’ which apparently means the entire football department; has delivered us an 8th place league position.

That could be a contributing factor perhaps?

Smartie
27-12-2018, 11:47 PM
So far our ‘biggest playing budget’ which apparently means the entire football department; has delivered us an 8th place league position.

Yep.

Expectation levels have been raised.

Expectations have not been met (so far) although we're only halfway through the season.

We've had some decent results and performances but we've also had some awful ones. The home games against St Johnstone, Dundee and St.Mirren were particularly disappointing. I know we're in "if my auntie had baws" territory here, but if we'd taken full points from those 3 very winnable games we'd be in a fantastic position.

As it stands, we're looking to do more business in January than any of us would have expected.

Rumble de Thump
28-12-2018, 12:00 AM
If my aunty had baws, Aunty Colin would still acknowledge we've had ridiculous luck with injuries this season. Certain teams had good starts to the season and some had bad starts. Hearts, The Rangers and Livingston are all on their way down. Celtic and Aberdeen are on their way up. Hopefully we will be too. We have some players returning from injury and some money to spend in the transfer window. Unbeaten in six games despite the injury problems. Not looking too bad.

Bangkok Hibby
28-12-2018, 12:29 AM
Ach there’s a fair bit of ill informed fury across other social media too!

I gave up Facebook recently and glad I did. Some of the Hibs groups on there were truly spectacular in their anger and bile

Johnny_Leith
28-12-2018, 12:54 AM
Yep.

Expectation levels have been raised.

Expectations have not been met (so far) although we're only halfway through the season.

We've had some decent results and performances but we've also had some awful ones. The home games against St Johnstone, Dundee and St.Mirren were particularly disappointing. I know we're in "if my auntie had baws" territory here, but if we'd taken full points from those 3 very winnable games we'd be in a fantastic position.

As it stands, we're looking to do more business in January than any of us would have expected.

What were you expecting from us for this season?

What were you expecting from us at this stage of the season?

Just trying to get a guage on expectation levels.

Steve20
28-12-2018, 01:28 AM

To be challenging for top four again.

To be in at least the top six.

Anything less than that is unacceptable for us.

tonyrougier123
28-12-2018, 01:33 AM
We need a signing that will bolster both sqaud and fans,its clear recruitment was unbalanced in the summer.a wee marquee headhunted midfielder would be nice,but we will end up with a loan deal patchwork.I would like to see a player with obvious talent identified and signed permanantly from a club who like us with mcginn had not much wiggle room to negotiate,but still recieved a generous offer for a good player,instead of the loan market,where its hit and miss.my expectations for hibs are challenge for the cups n titles,the day that changes is the day ive gave up on football,I want to go in to a season believing this is our year! And seeing easter road full more often than not im guessing most feel the same these days,but we have to be competing in the market with bigger ambition for the wheels to keep turning.the summer window we hit a bump in the road,still glad we didny fill the sqaud with keek,but we need to be back on track ,and trust the guys who brought us undoubted success in the background! And most of all feed the hungry manager we have,cause if lennons happy with the sqaud that means we are on a path to glory.

FilipinoHibs
28-12-2018, 04:19 AM
Hibs current plight has shown quite a lot of people to display some real negativity. Like proper vitriol.

I understand to an extent. I’m a bit frustrated but I’ll never let it get me too angry. But there are some who cannot wait for Hibs to get beat so they can have a good moan.

Why?

I’ll generally take the ‘Ach weel’ attitude. I’m not in control of hibs results, and I’ll take what comes our way. And when hibs are *****, I’ll do my best to brush it off then go and do something else.

Yes, we’re not great this season, but we’ve been a lot worse. And yes, we are a club that generally doesn’t meet its potential.

But I’ll still never understand the constant moaners. If you don’t get any fun out of watching hibs, why bother? I don’t spend money going to a concert then moan about it afterwards?

The moaners really defy logic. I’m not having a pop, just trying to understand why people will put time and money into a hobby that just p!sses them off?

Success of recent years - cup, championship, 4th in league, Europe and dominating Hearts had brought the fickle fans out. As soo as it get a bit sicky they all throw their tots out the pram. I have supported them from 1970 through thick and thin. Watched some great teams and some terrible ones. But always backed them no matter what. Not to say I don't criticise at times. Time the new fickle periphery became real fans. They have to recognise this is a transition season which has been hit by injuries and international call ups. Time for them to grow up.

hibbydog
28-12-2018, 06:54 AM
Success of recent years - cup, championship, 4th in league, Europe and dominating Hearts had brought the fickle fans out. As soo as it get a bit sicky they all throw their tots out the pram. I have supported them from 1970 through thick and thin. Watched some great teams and some terrible ones. But always backed them no matter what. Not to say I don't criticise at times. Time the new fickle periphery became real fans. They have to recognise this is a transition season which has been hit by injuries and international call ups. Time for them to grow up.

That’s what I’m getting at. Over the years everyone must surely realise that hibs will generally let you down. It doesn’t stop us from wanting better, but if the fickle moaners get so worked up about it, they’re better off doing something else with their time.

But they hang around for a good moan.

Weird.

mjhibby
28-12-2018, 06:55 AM

Speak for yourself. As a middle aged, we'll mature middle aged let's say, it constantly gets on my wick why so many people are so negative. Yes we aren't where we would like to be but we've just played three games against the ugly sisters and taken five points and lost one goal. We would have been delighted with that any other season.
I think the issue is that last season has whetted the appetite and anything else now leads to moans forgetting one of our greatest days was when we were in the championship playing in front of much smaller. crowds most weeks.
We have had an horrendous injury list which we didn't have last season plus of course we don't have our midfield from the last campaign. It's a strange league where our current points total would normally have us fifth in the league but it's an 8-4 split which I can't remember happening.
Were unbeaten in six and have hertz tomorrow. Win that and we will be one point off fifth. Even a draw leaves us four off fifth. Hopefully we will have better luck with I juries but ryan and Lewis are now crocked but at least we have the winter break coming up. Let's moan when it's the right time. Unbeaten in six and just got a point at sevco isn't imho the time to be moaning. Each to their own.

hibbydog
28-12-2018, 07:01 AM

It is sir. But that’s not my question. There are many who display such frustration and anger that you have to wonder why they bother putting themselves through it?

Don’t you think that Tiddlywinks or walking the dog would be a better option for these people?

Smartie
28-12-2018, 08:02 AM

After having heard Hibs crow about their biggest ever budget and with the wages and transfer fees from the departures of McGinn, McGeouch and Allan to chuck in with record season ticket sales, I'd have expected a cohesive midfield and decent striking options to cover for injury and loss of form.

In many ways I think Neil Lennon's done quite well with what he's had.

I don't go for the whole expectation regarding league position etc halfway through a season, as there is much that can yet change.

There are some promising signs but glaring deficiencies, and when Efe is being linked with a move away that leaves us with an on loan goalkeeper as the brightest thing going forward. I suppose you could chuck in the recent emergence of Porteous and Mackie, and Mallan has certainly had his moments.

If that's what Hibs have to show for their biggest budget ever, it makes you think twice about rolling up next season and providing them with more.

Famous Fiver
28-12-2018, 08:18 AM
I'm fair chuffed to be described as middle aged seeing as my next big occasion will be four score years.

Thanks for cheering me up on a dull morning.

Johnny_Leith
28-12-2018, 08:33 AM
To be challenging for top four again.

To be in at least the top six.

Anything less than that is unacceptable for us.

In principle I agree. I could 'suffer' a bottom six finish if some tangible tragedy hit us, like multiple leg breaks or something equally ridiculous.

Thankfully both those targets are attainable. Top 4 will be difficult, but I think we will finish top 6 comfortably in the end.

Johnny_Leith
28-12-2018, 08:43 AM
After having heard Hibs crow about their biggest ever budget and with the wages and transfer fees from the departures of McGinn, McGeouch and Allan to chuck in with record season ticket sales, I'd have expected a cohesive midfield and decent striking options to cover for injury and loss of form.

In many ways I think Neil Lennon's done quite well with what he's had.

I don't go for the whole expectation regarding league position etc halfway through a season, as there is much that can yet change.

There are some promising signs but glaring deficiencies, and when Efe is being linked with a move away that leaves us with an on loan goalkeeper as the brightest thing going forward. I suppose you could chuck in the recent emergence of Porteous and Mackie, and Mallan has certainly had his moments.

If that's what Hibs have to show for their biggest budget ever, it makes you think twice about rolling up next season and providing them with more.

That's a fair enough summary. As is correctly pointed out on here replacing that midfield was never going to be easy. I suppose maclarens lack of goals and form can't be legislated for as I for one believed we were going to get a player who'd managed a great goals per minute ratio. Other players have lost form, such a Boyler and hanlon, and some have been absolutely outstanding such as Efe and as you pointed out our goalie situation is very strong.

Anyway I suppose it's how much credit you put into football budgets, we probably still have less than hearts and Aberdeen. Last season we should have finished second and on the end although through performances and home record it has been an impressive season, it felt a bit deflating not to be runners up. However in budget terms we punched above our weight massively.

Should we have better for 18/19 budget? I guess January will help shape that answer but at the moment things could have went better, we've been unlucky I feel at times but for me, and like yourself, I still feel the manager is doing a good enough job.

At this point we are probably looking at a top 5th or 6th finish but a good run in the Scottish isn't impossible with this squad. Just hoping we can add some quality in midfield and forward positions and we can replicate last season's second half form.

Ggtth

Heckys Wheel
28-12-2018, 08:45 AM
It is sir. But that’s not my question. There are many who display such frustration and anger that you have to wonder why they bother putting themselves through it?

Don’t you think that Tiddlywinks or walking the dog would be a better option for these people?

I sit beside a guy at Easter Road who gets himself in that much of a state, I wonder why he bothers.

The Modfather
28-12-2018, 09:15 AM
That's a fair enough summary. As is correctly pointed out on here replacing that midfield was never going to be easy. I suppose maclarens lack of goals and form can't be legislated for as I for one believed we were going to get a player who'd managed a great goals per minute ratio. Other players have lost form, such a Boyler and hanlon, and some have been absolutely outstanding such as Efe and as you pointed out our goalie situation is very strong.

Anyway I suppose it's how much credit you put into football budgets, we probably still have less than hearts and Aberdeen. Last season we should have finished second and on the end although through performances and home record it has been an impressive season, it felt a bit deflating not to be runners up. However in budget terms we punched above our weight massively.

Should we have better for 18/19 budget? I guess January will help shape that answer but at the moment things could have went better, we've been unlucky I feel at times but for me, and like yourself, I still feel the manager is doing a good enough job.

At this point we are probably looking at a top 5th or 6th finish but a good run in the Scottish isn't impossible with this squad. Just hoping we can add some quality in midfield and forward positions and we can replicate last season's second half form.

Ggtth

Just to pick up on a couple of points, “last season we should have finished second”, should we have? My take on it was that because of the poor summer window last season the first half of the season meant that even with title winning form from February onwards we left too much too do to finish higher than fourth. A mistake we may very well be in the process of making once again, time will tell.

I’m also not sure I agree with “in budget terms we punched above our weight massively”. In a Scottish football context I’m not sure finishing 4th can be classed as massively punching above our weight. It’s a good finish, but probably there or there abouts for where we should be finishing.

Johnny_Leith
28-12-2018, 09:30 AM
Just to pick up on a couple of points, “last season we should have finished second”, should we have? My take on it was that because of the poor summer window last season the first half of the season meant that even with title winning form from February onwards we left too much too do to finish higher than fourth. A mistake we may very well be in the process of making once again, time will tell.

I’m also not sure I agree with “in budget terms we punched above our weight massively”. In a Scottish football context I’m not sure finishing 4th can be classed as massively punching above our weight. It’s a good finish, but probably there or there abouts for where we should be finishing.

I thought at the time we should have finished second, a result at tynecastle, even a draw would have put a different slant onto the final day shootout between us, Der Hun and the Dons and I thought generally speaking, on performances we were the best footballing team bar Celtic that season. But we did fall short so a pretty big case can be made for not being as strong as maybe my misty eyed memory makes us seem. You're totally right that the first half of the season hamstrung us a bit, too many draws iirc (sounds familiar!)

I think our budget was season was some way short of our rivals, however not far off second (5-6 points in the end?) With a record points haul is punching, in my opinion, when there's 4 teams who should be comfortably ahead of us with their superior budgets.

calumhibee1
28-12-2018, 09:37 AM
I thought at the time we should have finished second, a result at tynecastle, even a draw would have put a different slant onto the final day shootout between us, Der Hun and the Dons and I thought generally speaking, on performances we were the best footballing team bar Celtic that season. But we did fall short so a pretty big case can be made for not being as strong as maybe my misty eyed memory makes us seem. You're totally right that the first half of the season hamstrung us a bit, too many draws iirc (sounds familiar!)

I think our budget was season was some way short of our rivals, however not far off second (5-6 points in the end?) With a record points haul is punching, in my opinion, when there's 4 teams who should be comfortably ahead of us with their superior budgets.

Is our playing budget that much smaller than Hearts? I know we’re quite a bit behind Aberdeen but I thought there wasn’t masses between Hearts and ourselves?

CropleyWasGod
28-12-2018, 09:58 AM
Is our playing budget that much smaller than Hearts? I know we’re quite a bit behind Aberdeen but I thought there wasn’t masses between Hearts and ourselves?It's one of those Hibs.net assumptions.

No-one outside of the respective clubs would actually know.

And we should also make a distinction between "budget" and "spend". The two things can be very different.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

calumhibee1
28-12-2018, 10:00 AM
It's one of those Hibs.net assumptions.

No-one outside of the respective clubs would actually know.

And we should also make a distinction between "budget" and "spend". The two things can be very different.

I’m sure there was something on here that showed the average wage and total wage budget for each team in the Scottish Premiership. Probably not accurate in the slightest mind you but I’m sure it put Hearts ahead of us by not by a huge amount.

Lancs Harp
28-12-2018, 10:03 AM
I’m sure there was something on here that showed the average wage and total wage budget for each team in the Scottish Premiership. Probably not accurate in the slightest mind you but I’m sure it put Hearts ahead of us by not by a huge amount.

www.reddit.com/r/ScottishFootball/comments/7fz1br/spl_club_wages_break_down/

Think this was for last season, no idea how accurate it might be.

CropleyWasGod
28-12-2018, 10:06 AM
I’m sure there was something on here that showed the average wage and total wage budget for each team in the Scottish Premiership. Probably not accurate in the slightest mind you but I’m sure it put Hearts ahead of us by not by a huge amount.Was based on a set of assumptions that had little reliable basis.

calumhibee1
28-12-2018, 10:09 AM

That was it. As CWG said though, will be a load of nonsense.

Blackfordhibby
28-12-2018, 10:13 AM
No sure i've quite got this. A moan about the moaners?

Speedway
28-12-2018, 10:25 AM

Nah, they’d just end up moaning about it.

Keith_M
28-12-2018, 10:39 AM

Do I look like a grumpy old person?

J-C
28-12-2018, 10:42 AM
People moan because over the many years of supporting this club we've had very little to cheer about except for the occasional cup run, and a wee European run, apart from that we lunge from one season of mediocrity to another. We see a change in the club's structure, get some success by winning the Cup and finishing 4th, nearly getting 2nd. Now you can all see why as supporters we feel we are finally on the up, big crowds, high profile manager, biggest budget in years and a good set up behind the scenes, that is exactly the reason why many supporters are now beginning to feel aggrieved that with all that we're sitting in 8th place with a squad that is so inconsistent. We've seen we can get better and we are starting to demand better, we don't want to go back to mediocrity again, we want and are now demanding a certain level of success.

Johnny_Leith
28-12-2018, 10:51 AM

There has been a few reports like this over the years. Hearts do pay more than us generally according to the news organisations, and with recent investment on their side Id have thought they have a bigger budget.

I don't have concrete evidence for this it's purely speculation from me.

Tug Wilson
28-12-2018, 11:15 AM
What gets me is the number of people on here who are rewriting history with the benefit of hindsight.

Bad summer window?

We brought in Maclaren and Kamberi. Everyone (mostly) recognised this as great business. However Flo has been off form and Jamie injured. They have not quite been able to get a run together.

Yes we lost SJM and Dylan but there was little we could do to stop that. Not getting Scott Allan back was disappointing. However, everyone (mostly) seemed happy with Mallan signing and certainly were when the goals were flowing. Both Horgan and Hyndman have had their moments and there was almost universal acclaim when we first saw Milligan play.

Boyle has well gone off the boil. This could not have been legislated for.

The team just hasn't quite clicked so far this season.

Mitigating circumstances? Every defender bar Efe has been injured at some point. The midfield has been completely rebuilt. The loss of form of a proven forward line was difficult to anticipate.

Mistakes? By the end of the summer window we were probably a forward short in the squad. However, this has allowed youth players like Shaw and Allan to develop. Otherwise the signings all seemed decent.

I can see that with a couple of key players added and a bit of luck with injuries then the team will do OK. The league is tight and with a run of decent results then we will rise up the league.

CropleyWasGod
28-12-2018, 11:19 AM
There has been a few reports like this over the years. Hearts do pay more than us generally according to the news organisations, and with recent investment on their side Id have thought they have a bigger budget.

I don't have concrete evidence for this it's purely speculation from me.The news organisations can only speculate as well.

Phil MaGlass
28-12-2018, 11:22 AM
Its a forum. Different Folk get pussed off at different things. We all have different expectations of how we should be doing. Get over yourself. Whether we agree with the moaners, and I include myself in that, or not, is another thing.

Smartie
28-12-2018, 11:27 AM
What gets me is the number of people on here who are rewriting history with the benefit of hindsight.

Bad summer window?

We brought in Maclaren and Kamberi. Everyone (mostly) recognised this as great business. However Flo has been off form and Jamie injured. They have not quite been able to get a run together.

Yes we lost SJM and Dylan but there was little we could do to stop that. Not getting Scott Allan back was disappointing. However, everyone (mostly) seemed happy with Mallan signing and certainly were when the goals were flowing. Both Horgan and Hyndman have had their moments and there was almost universal acclaim when we first saw Milligan play.

Boyle has well gone off the boil. This could not have been legislated for.

The team just hasn't quite clicked so far this season.

Mitigating circumstances? Every defender bar Efe has been injured at some point. The midfield has been completely rebuilt. The loss of form of a proven forward line was difficult to anticipate.

Mistakes? By the end of the summer window we were probably a forward short in the squad. However, this has allowed youth players like Shaw and Allan to develop. Otherwise the signings all seemed decent.

I can see that with a couple of key players added and a bit of luck with injuries then the team will do OK. The league is tight and with a run of decent results then we will rise up the league.

Fine margins though.

It was nearly a brilliant one, and depending on what various players go on to do at Hibs (Horgan, Mallan) then it might yet prove to be a decent one.

Nobody can deny we have been left short though, and it has cost us.

Our much-celebrated scouting system could imo have come up with a bit more than they did when the inevitable departures of McGinn and McGeouch happened. We don't look like we have a clue about how we planned to play this season. I know we've had injuries, but it's almost harder to pick a full-strength team with everyone available than it is to work out what you can do with what you've got.

What do you think is our favoured formation? What do you think is our strongest midfield, who are our strongest personnel?

We weren't helped by the rumours (I know, I know) about what happened with Scott Allan late in the window, because for most of the season we've looked like we were screaming out for a Scott Allan (although tbh I think our midfield looks like it needs more than just Scott Allan).

When you have a "biggest ever budget" you can still suffer from bad luck and mitigating circumstances, but you should have less chance of your whole season being derailed by them.

Barman Stanton
28-12-2018, 11:28 AM
You think this is bad you should see the Facebook pages. After a couple of defeats there was people wanting Lennon sacked. I think sadly a wee bit of success has brought out the entitlement in some of our support. I never used to think our support was that bad until this season. We really do moan at anything and everything.

Hibrandenburg
28-12-2018, 11:29 AM
I remember watching Arthur Duncan racing down the wing after being fed an inch perfect cross field pass from John Brownlie, a quick one two with Pat Stanton before whipping in a cross that was met by the head of Alan Gordon that rattled the woodwork before a lucky and relieved Kenny Garland managed to fall on the ball. Then a few rows down the cry of "Hibs you're *****"!

Hibs have been brilliant, mediocre and truly woeful in my time watching them but the only constant has been a small minority of our fans who would appear to follow the club so that they might get the opportunity to bump their gums in public. That will never change. GGTTH

Tug Wilson
28-12-2018, 12:00 PM
Fine margins though.

It was nearly a brilliant one, and depending on what various players go on to do at Hibs (Horgan, Mallan) then it might yet prove to be a decent one.

Nobody can deny we have been left short though, and it has cost us.

Our much-celebrated scouting system could imo have come up with a bit more than they did when the inevitable departures of McGinn and McGeouch happened. We don't look like we have a clue about how we planned to play this season. I know we've had injuries, but it's almost harder to pick a full-strength team with everyone available than it is to work out what you can do with what you've got.

What do you think is our favoured formation? What do you think is our strongest midfield, who are our strongest personnel?

We weren't helped by the rumours (I know, I know) about what happened with Scott Allan late in the window, because for most of the season we've looked like we were screaming out for a Scott Allan (although tbh I think our midfield looks like it needs more than just Scott Allan).

When you have a "biggest ever budget" you can still suffer from bad luck and mitigating circumstances, but you should have less chance of your whole season being derailed by them.

Has our whole season really been derailed?

We are halfway through it.

Yes we are 8th but it is not inconceivable that a few positive results and that can change.

The disappointment is not the signings we made. As you point out Mallan and Horgan are works in progress. I think Milligan looked like the missing piece of the midfield jigsaw. He may still be.

I do think that Scott Allan would be a good signing but he would need time to get match fit. How long would he get before the moaners on here would be calling him a failure and a wage thief?

hibbydog
28-12-2018, 12:30 PM
Its a forum. Different Folk get pussed off at different things. We all have different expectations of how we should be doing. Get over yourself. Whether we agree with the moaners, and I include myself in that, or not, is another thing.

There’s no need to get over myself.

I’m just questioning why some people bother their ar5e when they clearly get so wound up and p!!ssed off? Surely they’re better off doing something else with their time.

Everyone want hibs to be better. And everyone is entitled to their opinion, but the relentless negativity from quite a few suggests that some people aren’t happy unless they can moan.

HUTCHYHIBBY
28-12-2018, 12:34 PM
I sit beside a guy at Easter Road who gets himself in that much of a state, I wonder why he bothers.

It shows you that he does bother, that's the thing.

blackpoolhibs
28-12-2018, 12:38 PM

Yes we are 8th but it is not inconceivable that a few positive results and that can change.

The disappointment is not the signings we made. As you point out Mallan and Horgan are works in progress. I think Milligan looked like the missing piece of the midfield jigsaw. He may still be.

I do think that Scott Allan would be a good signing but he would need time to get match fit. How long would he get before the moaners on here would be calling him a failure and a wage thief?

Exactly, and folk who are moaning about us having the biggest budget ever are forgetting that we still have to spend some of it this January.

hibbydad
28-12-2018, 12:47 PM
Surely the disparity in budgets and spending highlights the need for Hibs fans to support HSL something the vast majority do not wish to do

hibbydog
28-12-2018, 12:55 PM
Surely the disparity in budgets and spending highlights the need for Hibs fans to support HSL something the vast majority do not wish to do

I think many would rather do nothing and complain about it

hibbydad
28-12-2018, 12:57 PM
I agree hibbydog and the gap is going to get even wider if we as a support don't do this

The 90+2
28-12-2018, 12:58 PM

Why?

Seen us going from playing amazing football under Mowbray with sell out crowds and everyone loving going to games to under 8k and going absolutely nowhere but down. We’ve got the best chance every to build the club and as it stands it’s looking the opposite and crowds are guaranteed to fall. People don’t like to moan, people are just concerned. We all love Hibernian though make make no mistake about that.

hibbydad
28-12-2018, 01:09 PM
We have it in our own hands 90+2 if we support HSL we will be injecting much needed cash into the playing budget

The 90+2
28-12-2018, 01:17 PM
We have it in our own hands 90+2 if we support HSL we will be injecting much needed cash into the playing budget

I already do mate. The better we are on the pitch the more encouraging it will be for people to do likewise. We finish the season in this or a similar position then crowds will be down and it’s an uphill struggle from there. I moan because I care personally. I could never have imagined us being in the position we where at the start of the season 5 years ago and I don’t want that to dwindle.

hibbydad
28-12-2018, 01:39 PM
We need to encourage more 90+2

NAE NOOKIE
28-12-2018, 01:41 PM
In all honesty I couldn't care less how much folk moan on here or elsewhere about Hibs, just so long as they turn up at Easter Road on a Saturday to do it there too.

As a fan moaning about your club is as much a part of being a fan as revelling in its successes is. In fact I find the blind optimistic bravado about our chances in certain games you sometimes find on here more annoying than the realists who are prepared to look at the actual evidence to form an assessment of our chances.

But they are entitled to that blind faith just as much as us realists are entitled to our caution. As I alluded to, its the folk who see the club doing badly on the pitch and decide to stop going to matches who are the real problem for any football club not the moaners, and that includes Hibs. For me supporting a club is all about following it through thick and thin, not just rocking up when everything in the garden is rosy. And I have to say that the ever increasing gaps in the stands since the start of this season points to growing evidence that the fair weather fans are already beginning to show their hand.

The official attendance for the Livvi game was given as just over 17,000 …. It was nowhere near that and you would have to be blind not to acknowledge it, the actual crowd was south of 14,000 in my opinion. Folk can trot out all of the 'reasons' they want for folk staying away .. Folk were out Christmas shopping, folk were away for Christmas, it was too cauld fer wee Johnny bless him and all the other usual reasons. But included in that were at least 1000 new ST holders who just couldn't be arsed to go and that's been the case for a lot of this season … Don't even get me started on the folk who have sold out the kids STs in the FF lower and clearly NEVER go to games … its been half empty even for weekend games against Aberdeen and Celtic.

When this 'golden era' started the end game for me was that when the **** hit the fan ( as it inevitably would ) what we would be left with was a situation where our hardcore support who would stick by the club through the bad times would go from around 8,000 to nearer 10,000. And if you ask me that's exactly what is happening.

I'm willing to bet that next season we will sell less than 12,000 season tickets, even if we do win the cup, as the feelgood factor ST buyers from the last couple of seasons begin to drift away as they inevitably were always going to. Hell lets face it .. in Hibs terms we aren't even in a crisis yet and already the half hearted wimps are beginning to drift away.

That's not pessimism .. that's realism :aok:

Lancs Harp
28-12-2018, 01:47 PM
In all honesty I couldn't care less how much folk moan on here or elsewhere about Hibs, just so long as they turn up at Easter Road on a Saturday to do it there too.

As a fan moaning about your club is as much a part of being a fan as revelling in its successes is. In fact I find the blind optimistic bravado about our chances in certain games you sometimes find on here more annoying than the realists who are prepared to look at the actual evidence to form an assessment of our chances.

But they are entitled to that blind faith just as much as us realists are entitled to our caution. As I alluded to, its the folk who see the club doing badly on the pitch and decide to stop going to matches who are the real problem for any football club not the moaners, and that includes Hibs. For me supporting a club is all about following it through thick and thin, not just rocking up when everything in the garden is rosy. And I have to say that the ever increasing gaps in the stands since the start of this season points to growing evidence that the fair weather fans are already beginning to show their hand.

The official attendance for the Livvi game was given as just over 17,000 …. It was nowhere near that and you would have to be blind not to acknowledge it, the actual crowd was south of 14,000 in my opinion. Folk can trot out all of the 'reasons' they want for folk staying away .. Folk were out Christmas shopping, folk were away for Christmas, it was too cauld fer wee Johnny bless him and all the other usual reasons. But included in that were at least 1000 new ST holders who just couldn't be arsed to go and that's been the case for a lot of this season … Don't even get me started on the folk who have sold out the kids STs in the FF lower and clearly NEVER go to games … its been half empty even for weekend games against Aberdeen and Celtic.

When this 'golden era' started the end game for me was that when the **** hit the fan ( as it inevitably would ) what we would be left with was a situation where our hardcore support who would stick by the club through the bad times would go from around 8,000 to nearer 10,000. And if you ask me that's exactly what is happening.

I'm willing to bet that next season we will sell less than 12,000 season tickets, even if we do win the cup, as the feelgood factor ST buyers from the last couple of seasons begin to drift away.

That's not pessimism .. that's realism :aok:

Pessimists always see themselves as realists :wink::greengrin

What is the answer to the FF kids section situation? Increased price? Less tickets made available? It is a little annoying to see so many empty seats week after week in the lower FF, its not like the club make anything out of these tickets save maybe an investment in future support and the odd coke and slice of pizza.

hibsbollah
28-12-2018, 01:57 PM

What is the answer to the FF kids section situation? Increased price? Less tickets made available? It is a little annoying to see so many empty seats week after week in the lower FF, its not like the club make anything out of these tickets save maybe an investment in future support and the odd coke and slice of pizza.

Fairly straightforward I would think; parent can only use his ST if the child is in attendance as well. Start it from next season.

It was ridiculous for Livvy in particiular, the FF lower was way less than half full yet all tickets in that section were 'sold out' on the website. We would have sat there instead of the South if we could. Such a visible area for TV too, doesn't look great.

NAE NOOKIE
28-12-2018, 02:03 PM

The answer to the FF lower situation is to make the West lower the family section, get them behind the TV cameras where their continued failure to show up ( respect to those who do and no offence intended to them ) isn't so visible on the telly. Or if not that then make parent and child tickets available for all areas of the stadium, except the FF lower.

Give the FF lower to the singing section … its clear there are a good few who haven't bought into the FF upper experiment which is why we have two singing sections at the moment practically competing with each other. I remain convinced that if the FF lower stopped being the family section and became the noisy shouty sweary section you would have at least 1,500 in it at most games

cabbageandribs1875
28-12-2018, 02:42 PM
Fairly straightforward I would think; parent can only use his ST if the child is in attendance as well. Start it from next season.

It was ridiculous for Livvy in particiular, the FF lower was way less than half full yet all tickets in that section were 'sold out' on the website. We would have sat there instead of the South if we could. Such a visible area for TV too, doesn't look great.

Livi game was a hibs kids game, i've always thought a big percentage of kids in the FF will also be in the hibs kids therefore a big migration takes place from the FF to the South for those games :greengrin but i think that's a decent suggestion you start of with :agree:

p.s. the hibs kids game v motherwell on 16/3 will prove my migration theory :)

pacoluna
28-12-2018, 02:44 PM
The thread has attracted the moaners, good. Keep them locked in here so they can bounce of each other.

Smartie
28-12-2018, 02:57 PM

"Derailed" is probably a bit strong right enough.

We have been knocked off course over the past few months though, more than we should reasonably have expected.

In the past we've gone into transfer windows hoping more than anything not to lose anyone. I don't think I'm being overly dramatic by saying that our season depends on us doing the right business in January - not necessarily major surgery but 2 or 3 solid acquisitions.

That's not a great place for us to be after having been urged to roll up and buy record numbers of season tickets with the promise of biggest ever playing budgets.

Not disastrous, and certainly not all over yet, but not ideal.

FWIW I'd be amazed if anyone at ER was entirely satisfied.

Tug Wilson
28-12-2018, 04:37 PM
"Derailed" is probably a bit strong right enough.

We have been knocked off course over the past few months though, more than we should reasonably have expected.

In the past we've gone into transfer windows hoping more than anything not to lose anyone. I don't think I'm being overly dramatic by saying that our season depends on us doing the right business in January - not necessarily major surgery but 2 or 3 solid acquisitions.

That's not a great place for us to be after having been urged to roll up and buy record numbers of season tickets with the promise of biggest ever playing budgets.

Not disastrous, and certainly not all over yet, but not ideal.

FWIW I'd be amazed if anyone at ER was entirely satisfied.

I don't think that anyone involved with Hibs, either directly at the club or as a supporter, is satisfied with the season so far. Think the OP was commenting on the slightly OTT reaction of some on here.

Wilson
28-12-2018, 05:26 PM

You talk a lot of rubbish. It is nothing to do with new fans or fickle fans. I'm willing to bet some if the biggest moaners are the ones that care the most. The ones that have followed for a long time and want better because - in terms of the infrastructure and the support the manager has - we've never had it this good. Failing to capitalise on these good times is opportunity missed.

The OP sets himself up as some non-moaning uber fan then his follow up post points to hibs invariably letting you down. Who wants to be that pessimistic and accepting of let downs? I'd rather want the best for hibs and criticise when we are poor. Better that than accept the party line that hibs have been crap for forty years so we shouldn't ask for better.

hibbydog
28-12-2018, 05:44 PM
You talk a lot of rubbish. It is nothing to do with new fans or fickle fans. I'm willing to bet some if the biggest moaners are the ones that care the most. The ones that have followed for a long time and want better because - in terms of the infrastructure and the support the manager has - we've never had it this good. Failing to capitalise on these good times is opportunity missed.

The OP sets himself up as some non-moaning uber fan then his follow up post points to hibs invariably letting you down. Who wants to be that pessimistic and accepting of let downs? I'd rather want the best for hibs and criticise when we are poor. Better that than accept the party line that hibs have been crap for forty years so we shouldn't ask for better.

Good point about having everything in place for success. But I Don’t get how you make the ‘Uber fan’ conclusion? I’m a non moaner by choice. I want us to do better than we are, but I won’t let it get me to the level of vitriol that some do.

And since I dont spit poison from the terraces or post a big long rant about why certain players are terrible, it doesn’t mean I care any less. I just don’t see the point in letting it get to me so badly as some do.

Hibs will generally show lots of potential but let us down when it matters. That’s a truth borne by years and years of experience. I could justify this by listing our record in cup finals and derbies over the last 30 years. So when hibs inevitably fall short of our hopes/ expectations (esp on the big occasions) there’s little point in getting mad.

I’ll accept it and move on because there’s nothing else for it. I don’t play for hibs and I can’t control or even influence results. Doesn’t mean I’m not a passionate Hibby, it’s just reality.

But each to their own. Get mad and moan if it makes you happy. I don’t understand why so many choose this attitude, but I’m all ears if you care to explain.