PDA

View Full Version : First Few Rows At Ibrox

Mikey
27-12-2018, 11:00 AM
I was in Row A yesterday and took this picture just before half time. Stewards and police came and went but there was always someone getting in the way. I can't think of any other spectator event where a view like that is considered acceptable.

I emailed the picture to Tracey at half time and she's going to pass it on to the Hibs security officer so he can raise it with Rangers ahead of our next visit. What made it even more annoying was that the stewards that were positioned in front of the Rangers fans had seats so they were out of the way.

JXM73
27-12-2018, 11:08 AM
To be fair they did move mostly out the way 2nd half, but not entirely...they did listen a wee bit to our moans at half time.. i was in row b...

wookie70
27-12-2018, 11:24 AM
I often think the Policing and Stewarding at football is deliberately organised to try and cause disruption and raise tension. You do get the odd officer who has a sense of humour and can engage with the fans but mostly they are getting in your way and exerting their authority. I can understand why you need security in that area but if the other stewards are sitting then to me this is a deliberately provocative act at worst or a stupid act at best.

Mikey
27-12-2018, 11:35 AM
To be fair they did move mostly out the way 2nd half, but not entirely...they did listen a wee bit to our moans at half time.. i was in row b...

They could easily have been seated and the four in the middle of that picture are just having a chat, not looking at the crowd. If they need to talk about something they could do it elsewhere.

Sir David Gray
27-12-2018, 11:43 AM
That's a standard view for disabled supporters at most stadiums.

Ironically Ibrox is one of the few grounds where the view is better as the wheelchair section is near the back of the away support.