PDA

View Full Version : game against Aberdeen 2nd February 2019

Andyv
27-12-2018, 09:26 AM
Hi,
I am a newbee on this forum.
Beginning of February I am planning a trip to Scotland (together with my 18-year old son). We would like to visit the city of Edinburgh. Since we are football fans (we support Cercle Bruges in Belgiums premier league -> also playing in the lovely green colors) we would like to visit a game. We are doubting on visiting the game Hibernian-Aberdeen or the Rangers game in Glasgow against St-Mirren.
I will not ask you which game you would recommend me because I already know the answer :wink:. Anyway, maybe you could convince us even more to come to the Hibernian game.
If we would chose the game in Edinburgh I have some questions : what is the best way to get tickets (online, the day of the game, other ?), which stand you would recommend (we prefer the new East stand).
I was looking on the site but can't make an online reservation for tickets...

Excuses for my English.
Thanks for helping me out.

DaveF
27-12-2018, 09:39 AM
Not sure if you will get decent tickets for the East stand as it is largely sold out to season ticket holders. Hopefully someone here could help you out otherwise you will probably have to settle for the South.

Hibeesmad
27-12-2018, 09:59 AM
If you go to the ticket office when you get to edinburgh you should be able to get tickets in the East Stand if not sold out

BoomtownHibees
27-12-2018, 10:05 AM
If you go to the ticket office when you get to edinburgh you should be able to get tickets in the East Stand if not sold out

Is Aberdeen not classed as a Cat A game so would need to be on the database. I’m sure it was previously but not sure if it’s still the same

Zondervan
27-12-2018, 10:05 AM
Welcome to Hibernian!

If you use the link below and register as a new user:

https://www.eticketing.co.uk/hibernianfc/

Edit: Tickets are on sale now.

You should be able to get 2 seats together in the East or West stand, which will give you a good view. Or North Upper (Famous Five) behind the goals. If not then South stand behind the goals.

Game will be close to a sell out and Aberdeen will have 1500-1900 fans down. Will be a good atmosphere and a lot more competitive than Rangers vs St Mirren.

Hopefully you get tickets.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Zondervan
27-12-2018, 10:06 AM
Is Aberdeen not classed as a Cat A game so would need to be on the database. I’m sure it was previously but not sure if it’s still the same

Thought it was only Hearts, Rangers and Celtic but I could be wrong.

BoomtownHibees
27-12-2018, 10:08 AM
Thought it was only Hearts, Rangers and Celtic but I could be wrong.

You could be right 👍🏼

calumhibee1
27-12-2018, 10:11 AM
Hi,
I am a newbee on this forum.
Beginning of February I am planning a trip to Scotland (together with my 18-year old son). We would like to visit the city of Edinburgh. Since we are football fans (we support Cercle Bruges in Belgiums premier league -> also playing in the lovely green colors) we would like to visit a game. We are doubting on visiting the game Hibernian-Aberdeen or the Rangers game in Glasgow against St-Mirren.
I will not ask you which game you would recommend me because I already know the answer :wink:. Anyway, maybe you could convince us even more to come to the Hibernian game.
If we would chose the game in Edinburgh I have some questions : what is the best way to get tickets (online, the day of the game, other ?), which stand you would recommend (we prefer the new East stand).
I was looking on the site but can't make an online reservation for tickets...

Excuses for my English.
Thanks for helping me out.

Can’t help you with tickets but if you asked any Scottish football fan other than Rangers fans they’d tell you to avoid Ibrox like the plague. A vile, bigoted club. If you happen to be Catholic then I can assure you you’ll not be welcome at a Rangers game.

Andyv
27-12-2018, 10:15 AM
Welcome to Hibernian!

If you use the link below and register as a new user:

https://www.eticketing.co.uk/hibernianfc/

Edit: Tickets are on sale now.

You should be able to get 2 seats together in the East or West stand, which will give you a good view. Or North Upper (Famous Five) behind the goals. If not then South stand behind the goals.

Game will be close to a sell out and Aberdeen will have 1500-1900 fans down. Will be a good atmosphere and a lot more competitive than Rangers vs St Mirren.

Hopefully you get tickets.

Thanks for your help.
I am already registered but all I get : Sorry, There are no seats available for this event. Am I doing something wrong or is the game already sold out ?
In which stand are the away fans ?

bigwheel
27-12-2018, 10:18 AM
Thanks for your help.
I am already registered but all I get : Sorry, There are no seats available for this event. Am I doing something wrong or is the game already sold out ?

I had a look and am getting the same tbh....would be surprised if it is sold out already - perhaps they are not on sale yet??

There are hospitality tickets available, but they are 70 pounds each...

EDIT: Just checked the Hamilton match (which is the home game after). that is also not showing tickets - can only assume they are not on general Sale yet as no way that is sold out). Keep checking the NEWS section of the club site . it will tell you when tickets are on sale for the Aberdeen game.

Hibbyradge
27-12-2018, 10:26 AM
I'm waiting to buy a ticket for the Aberdeen game, but isn't confirmed yet so it could still be moved for TV.

That's unlikely though as Killie v Herts is on the Friday and Celtic in Perth is the Sunday game.

Future17
27-12-2018, 10:35 AM
Thanks for your help.

Tickets for the Aberdeen game are not yet on sale. I would guess they will be available from 31st December.

Away fans are located in the South Stand but it is likely some Hibernian fans will be located here as well for this game.

davhibby
27-12-2018, 11:01 AM
I'm waiting to buy a ticket for the Aberdeen game, but isn't confirmed yet so it could still be moved for TV.

That's unlikely though as Killie v Herts is on the Friday and Celtic in Perth is the Sunday game.

The February tv games were confirmed ages ago. It's 100% a Sat 3pm game

ben johnson
27-12-2018, 11:15 AM
They are still selling half season tickets and they include the Aberdeen game. I would imagine the Aberdeen tickets will be on sale early January

NAE NOOKIE
27-12-2018, 11:25 AM

Better bloody not be, my brother is coming up from Liverpool for this one, hotel already booked :confused:

sundo1875
27-12-2018, 11:32 AM
Better bloody not be, my brother is coming up from Liverpool for this one, hotel already booked :confused:

Will definitely be the Saturday. TV fixtures have already been announced for February.

NAE NOOKIE
27-12-2018, 11:36 AM
As for our Belgian friend. Lucky you living in Bruges its a beautiful city, would love it if Hibs could play there at some time.

Choose the Hibs game … The Rangers v St Mirren game will be a one sided affair and you will be surrounded by some of the most vile cretins in European football. Hibs v Aberdeen will be two evenly matched teams with a big and 'sometimes' noisy away support …. a much better game for a neutral.

Apart from that as a Cercle Bruges supporter you are part of the 'green brotherhood' so you have to choose the mighty Hibees :flag:

Hibbyradge
27-12-2018, 11:36 AM

It should be fine, but I'm holding off buying my rail tickets until it's confirmed.

MKHIBEE
28-12-2018, 08:01 AM
I will have 2 West Stand season ticket seats spare for that game. If we can arrange to have them handed over, or exchanged for e tickets (the best bet in my opinion)you can have them free of charge athough a donation to Leith Links would be appreciated.

Andyv
28-12-2018, 01:27 PM
Hey, that would be great. How do you exchange this for e tickets? You can send me a pm or I send you one. I am prepared to do a donation.