PDA

View Full Version : Team v them

Diclonius
26-12-2018, 07:40 PM
This is a tough one. We're down to the bare bones of what was already a fairly poor midfield and we absolutely need the physicality - Levein will set up to kick the **** out of us as usual. It's also unfortunate that Boyle and Maclaren will be away after very good performances today.

As far as I see it we have two options - A 5-3-2 similar to today, or the diamond with Whittaker as the anchor.

Bogdan

Gray Ambrose McGregor Hanlon Mackie

Hyndman Mallan Slivka

Shaw Kamberi

Or:

Bogdan

Gray Ambrose Hanlon Mackie

Whittaker

Slivka Mallan

Hyndman

Shaw Kamberi

Sir David Gray
26-12-2018, 07:54 PM
I make it that the following players won't be available for Saturday either through injury or international selection;

Marciano
Laidlaw
Stevenson
Porteous
Mavrias
Nelom
Bartley
Milligan
Agyepong
Boyle
Maclaren

That's an incredible number of players unavailable, on that basis I would be lining up;

Bogdan

Gray
Ambrose
Hanlon
Mackie

Mallan
Hyndman
Slivka
Horgan

Shaw
Kamberi

I think we'll be filling our bench with development players, I really hope we don't pick up any further injuries over the next couple of days or we'll be struggling big time.

danhibees1875
26-12-2018, 08:55 PM
I'm not sure what I'd want us to do, but I think we'll go with:

Bogdan

Ambrose
McGregor
Hanlon

Gray
Mallan
Slivka
Hyndman
Mackie

Shaw
Kamberi

Borderhibbie76
26-12-2018, 09:38 PM
Lennon appeared to suggest post match that Bartley will train tomorrow...every chance he could be chucked back in for this one imo

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Sir David Gray
26-12-2018, 09:52 PM
Lennon appeared to suggest post match that Bartley will train tomorrow...every chance he could be chucked back in for this one imo

He did say that but he also said he was unlikely to be fit enough to play on Saturday.

Borderhibbie76
26-12-2018, 09:54 PM
He did say that but he also said he was unlikely to be fit enough to play on Saturday.Playing it down I think...I reckon there is every chance he will risk it...especially with a 3 week break after

Smartie
26-12-2018, 09:56 PM
I thought the first few attempts on this thread were dreadful - then realised that I couldn't come up with any better.

We really should have taken up the offer of cancelling this game.

James Stephen
26-12-2018, 09:57 PM
Selection is a difficult one for saturday, and i do wonder if we will be set-up for the scrap that Levein will inevitably try to turn the match into.

Do we try and beat them at their own game, or rise above it and try and play the fitba players?

calumhibee1
26-12-2018, 09:58 PM
I thought the first few attempts on this thread were dreadful - then realised that I couldn't come up with any better.

Agreed. The squad is short at the best of times. Too many players out to feel confident of a win I’m afraid.

Brightside
26-12-2018, 10:03 PM
I'm not sure what I'd want us to do, but I think we'll go with:

Bogdan

Ambrose
McGregor
Hanlon

Gray
Mallan
Slivka
Hyndman
Mackie

Shaw
Kamberi

id expect this to be the team.

Nameless
26-12-2018, 10:15 PM
Bogdan

Whittaker

Slivka Mallan

Hyndman

Shaw Kamberi

The diamond, with these personnel would do for me.

Sent from my G3311 using Tapatalk

Jones28
26-12-2018, 10:28 PM
This is a tough one. We're down to the bare bones of what was already a fairly poor midfield and we absolutely need the physicality - Levein will set up to kick the **** out of us as usual. It's also unfortunate that Boyle and Maclaren will be away after very good performances today.

As far as I see it we have two options - A 5-3-2 similar to today, or the diamond with Whittaker as the anchor.

Bogdan

Hyndman Mallan Slivka

Shaw Kamberi

Or:

Bogdan

Whittaker

Slivka Mallan

Hyndman

Shaw Kamberi

I'd go with the first option, it's Hearts at home FFS 😂😂

Blaster
27-12-2018, 09:33 AM

I thought that last week but having Gray and Hanlon fit changes my mind. I know Porteous is out but Hanlon back and McGregor compensates for that. Lewis missing too but I think Mackie should be fine at wing back

Boyle is the only other one I think would have started but we beat Celtic without him.

SRHibs
27-12-2018, 09:34 AM

Honestly, even with our squad at full strength I don’t think the lineup is that bad. Would still have Gray in over Boyle, with the only changes I’d make being Lewy in on the left and Bartley in the middle for a bit of added steel.

Shaw still has development to go, but think he’s a better option than Maclaren.

Hibeesmad
27-12-2018, 10:04 AM
Bogdan

Ambrose
McGregor (if Porteous out)
Hanlon

Gray
Slivka
Mallan
Hyndman
Mackie

Kamberi
Shaw

theonlywayisup
27-12-2018, 10:06 AM
Already a thread - see a few posts below!

Bogdan

Ambrose
Hanlon

Gray
Slivka
Mallan
Hyndman
Mackie

Kamberi
Shaw

bingo70
27-12-2018, 10:08 AM
Bogdan

Ambrose
Hanlon

Gray
Slivka
Mallan
Hyndman
Mackie

Kamberi
Shaw

Yup, team almost picks itself for the first time in a while.

I think the only thing i'm not sure about is Hyndman, I thought Horgan looked lively when he came on and potentially has more energy but i'm not that bothered, either of them is fine really.

IDHibs
27-12-2018, 10:08 AM
Bogdan

Ambrose
Hanlon

Gray
Slivka
Mallan
Hyndman
Mackie
:big grin:
Kamberi
Shaw

Looks like team for Hibs i'd say....

calumhibee1
27-12-2018, 10:13 AM
Bogdan

Ambrose
Hanlon

Gray
Slivka
Mallan
Hyndman
Mackie

Kamberi
Shaw

I’d swap Horgan for Hyndman but other than that I’d go with the same as you. :aok:

Billy Whizz
27-12-2018, 10:46 AM
I’d swap Horgan for Hyndman but other than that I’d go with the same as you. :aok:

Horgan did enough yesterday to warrant a start, whether in place of Maclaren or Hyndman

Ozyhibby
27-12-2018, 11:30 AM
Horgan did enough yesterday to warrant a start, whether in place of Maclaren or Hyndman

Horgan always looks like he has more about him than Hyndman. I’m not sure why he always finds himself on the bench.
I’m reasonably confident for Saturday. The yams struggle on full size pitches.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hibs90
27-12-2018, 11:31 AM
Fully expecting another 4 or 5 changes from Wednesday, seems to be the Lennon way

Allant1981
27-12-2018, 11:57 AM
Fully expecting another 4 or 5 changes from Wednesday, seems to be the Lennon way

If we keep going undefeated does it matter? Plus he will need to make at least 3 anyway due to Maclaren and Boyle being away and Stevenson injured

1van Sprou7e
27-12-2018, 11:59 AM

4 or 5 changes would be perfectly reasonable

Boyle, Stevenson, MacLaren and possibly Hyndman and McGregor to make way

But let's not miss a good chance to get on Lennon's back right??

MyJo
27-12-2018, 12:04 PM
_________________Bogdan

______Ambrose___McGregor___Hanlon
Gray_______________________________Mackie
_______Mallan___Slivka___Horgan

___________Kamberi____Shaw

houstonhibbee
27-12-2018, 12:10 PM
_________________Bogdan

Hard to better that team but is the central midfield strong enough to win enough second ball?

3pm
27-12-2018, 12:12 PM
Calling Marvin Bartley.... :greengrin

Diclonius
27-12-2018, 12:14 PM
Our three centre mids are going to have a torrid time.

Speedy
27-12-2018, 12:15 PM

Bogdan

Hyndman Mallan Slivka

Shaw Kamberi

Or:

Bogdan

Whittaker

Slivka Mallan

Hyndman

Shaw Kamberi

If Bartley is available I'd be tempted to go for a diamond with him in instead of Whittaker.

JimBHibees
27-12-2018, 12:31 PM
Horgan always looks like he has more about him than Hyndman. I’m not sure why he always finds himself on the bench.
I’m reasonably confident for Saturday. The yams struggle on full size pitches.

I think Horgan should start for Hyndman who has been disappointing the last few games IMO however Daryl seems to have more impact from the bench for some reason. Still worry about centre midfield area and not having a defensive minded player, seemed to be a few times we lost the ball yesterday and not one of the centre mids was providing cover allowing them to run onto our defence.

blackpoolhibs
27-12-2018, 12:35 PM
I make it that the following players won't be available for Saturday either through injury or international selection;

Marciano
Laidlaw
Stevenson
Porteous
Mavrias
Nelom
Bartley
Milligan
Agyepong
Boyle
Maclaren

That's an incredible number of players unavailable, on that basis I would be lining up;

Bogdan

Gray
Ambrose
Hanlon
Mackie

Mallan
Hyndman
Slivka
Horgan

Shaw
Kamberi

I think we'll be filling our bench with development players, I really hope we don't pick up any further injuries over the next couple of days or we'll be struggling big time.

And yet some folk still peddle the rubbish that we have no depth in the squad. :faf:

MWHIBBIES
27-12-2018, 01:37 PM

No

makaveli1875
27-12-2018, 02:00 PM
Bogdan

Efe
McGregor
Hanlon

Gray
Slivka
Mallan
Horgan
Mackie

Flo
Shaw

pacoluna
27-12-2018, 02:04 PM

Bollocks

Viva_Palmeiras
27-12-2018, 02:12 PM
Team talk done then...

Go out and prove them wrong...

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/7-hearts-players-named-in-edinburgh-derby-select-xi-1-4849129

Diclonius
27-12-2018, 02:14 PM
If Bartley is available I'd be tempted to go for a diamond with him in instead of Whittaker.

Me too.

Hibeesmad
27-12-2018, 02:18 PM
Team talk done then...

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/7-hearts-players-named-in-edinburgh-derby-select-xi-1-4849129

Bogdan in for Zlamal for certain. Also how they can choose a team based on this seasons performances and not include Ambrose over Berra or Souttar who have only played a handful of games is beyond me

Billy Whizz
27-12-2018, 02:24 PM
Bogdan in for Zlamal for certain. Also how they can choose a team based on this seasons performances and not include Ambrose over Berra or Souttar who have only played a handful of games is beyond me

Presume you mean Doyle

bingo70
27-12-2018, 02:26 PM
Team talk done then...

Watched this discussion earlier and for a panel of experts i was really surprised at how wrong they were.

I appreciate this isn't exactly the place for impartial opinions but trying to be objective as i can i certainly wouldn't have picked that line up.

For a start to suggest their keeper is better than Bogdan or Marciano is a nonsense, jambos i speak to think that Zlamal is a bombscare.

In defence to pick Michael Smith ahead of Gray beggars belief, at first i thought they picked Smith as Gray has been injured so much this season but they then go on to pick Souttar and Ukpezu (or whatever he's called). I can see why they would pick Souttar and Berra together, when fit they're a tough nut to crack, what surprised me was the only Hibs defender they considered was Porteous, at this stage i'd have both Hanlon and Efe ahead of him.

An 'Objective' starting 11 for me would be......

Bogdan

Efe Berra Souttar

Boyle Lewis
Djoum Haring

Naismith

Kamberi Ukpezu

Maybe a bit concerning that there's more hearts than Hibs players in there but we've never really got going this season and i think that probably reflects that. The panel did make the point that while they think Hearts have a slightly better starting 11 Hibs have more strength in depth.

Diclonius
27-12-2018, 02:32 PM
Team talk done then...

Zlamal, Souttar and Boyle shouldn't even be in there as they won't be playing.

MyJo
27-12-2018, 02:35 PM
Team talk done then...

The fact that one of the best two central midfielders is a ******ing centre half tells its own story.

1van Sprou7e
27-12-2018, 03:45 PM
Zlamal, Souttar and Boyle shouldn't even be in there as they won't be playing.

Zlamal won't be playing?

Anyway based on this season's form Bogdan, Efe and Gray are pretty obvious picks ahead of Zlamal Berra and Smith

Diclonius
27-12-2018, 04:10 PM
Zlamal won't be playing?

Anyway based on this season's form Bogdan, Efe and Gray are pretty obvious picks ahead of Zlamal Berra and Smith

Doyle played v Hamilton so I assume Zlamal is injured.

Billy Whizz
27-12-2018, 04:16 PM
Doyle played v Hamilton so I assume Zlamal is injured.

Zlamal was dropped after the Livvi defeat. He’s been on the bench last 2 games

Diclonius
27-12-2018, 04:40 PM
Zlamal was dropped after the Livvi defeat. He’s been on the bench last 2 games

Which makes it even more perplexing why he's in the XI.

danhibees1875
27-12-2018, 04:44 PM
And yet some folk still peddle the rubbish that we have no depth in the squad. :faf:

I was going to make that point on another thread but never got around to it when there were comments on our obvious lack of depth showing. Considering the number of players we have missing we can still field a fairly strong XI and have Whittaker, hyndman/Horgan, and some youngsters who have had game time (Murray, Gullan, Allan) on the bench. That's fairly strong to me.

No team is going to be able to lose 8 or so players and not have to bring in some young guys to fill out the bench.

eastcoasthibby
27-12-2018, 05:06 PM
Hopefully we can go with a 3-4-1-2
Bogdan

Efe Daz Hanlon

SDG Slivka Mallan Mackie

Horgan

Kamberi Shaw

If no SDG

Bogdan

Whitty Daz Efe Hanlon

Horgan Mallan Slivka Mackie

Flo Shaw

Beyond that and we are really struggling on the bench

Hibeesmad
28-12-2018, 02:40 PM
Bartley back for tomorrow apparently

bingo70
28-12-2018, 02:45 PM
Bartley back for tomorrow apparently

That would be massive news if we can get him back. It's probably my only area of concern that i have going into the game as he sits right in the area Naismith likes to drop into.

Aldo
28-12-2018, 02:51 PM
_________________Bogdan

I’d go with this line up.

WeveGotMcginn
28-12-2018, 02:53 PM
bogdan

gray ambrose hanlon Mackie

marv
slivka mallan
Hyndman

flo shaw

harsh on daz after his goal & horgan who i thought looked lively v Livingston and rangers off the bench

bingo70
28-12-2018, 02:59 PM
bogdan

gray ambrose hanlon Mackie

marv
slivka mallan
Hyndman

flo shaw

harsh on daz after his goal & horgan who i thought looked lively v Livingston and rangers off the bench

I thought the diamond worked excellent against Celtic however i think we saw against The Rangers at Easter Road it's very easily countered.

With the team you have picked there's no out ball so with a high energy high press we've nowhere to go in possession. IMO we'd end up having to go long into Kamberi and Shaw and that would be playing right into the hands of Hearts who would fancy Berra and whoever is beside him to win their headers all day long.

Speedway
28-12-2018, 03:17 PM
Tomorrow’s a midfield war so with that in mind:

Boggers

Whitters
Effers
Maccers
Mackers

Grayers
Slivkas
Barters
Mallers
Horgers

Kambers

Subs:
Dabrovvers
Hanlers
Gullers
Shawro
Allers
Stirlers
Hyndman

SirDavidsNapper
28-12-2018, 03:51 PM
Having Sir David back is absolutely massive

SingaporeHibs
28-12-2018, 04:22 PM
_________________Bogdan

This would also be my line up. Only outstanding question would be IF Marv was fit enough to start, I would start him but who would he replace? Mallan or Slivka? Slivka the better midfielder? (Debatable) At least he can tackle properly which will be important as we know how the jambos will play. That said, if we only focus on ourselves I think I would still take the chance on Mallan given his potential with free kicks and opportunities around the box. Can’t wait for this one. Bring on the Jambos!! GGTTH

Mr_F
28-12-2018, 08:38 PM
Bogdan

Efe Daz Hanlon

SDG Slivka Marv Mallan Mackie

Kamberi Shaw

21sMay
28-12-2018, 09:02 PM
Bogdan

Hanlon
Daz
Ambrose

Gray
Mackie

Marv
Mallam
Slicks

Horgan

Kamberi

leggeto
28-12-2018, 09:46 PM
Who is the ref tomorrow?

Hibeewilly
28-12-2018, 09:47 PM
Who is the ref tomorrow?
Kevin Clancy

Hibeewilly
28-12-2018, 09:57 PM
Bogdan

Hanlon
Daz
Ambrose

Gray
Mackie

Marv
Mallam
Slicks

Horgan

Kamberi
I cant see Bartley playing as he is no way match fit. I think Shaw has to play up front with Kamberi with Slivka Mallan and Hyndman in midfield. Horgan seems to be becoming a bit of an impact player these days. The rest of your team I agree with

leggeto
28-12-2018, 10:14 PM
Kevin Clancy

Was hoping for a no nonsense kind of ref
Not sure if he's the man to deal with that mob early doors

California-Hibs
28-12-2018, 10:29 PM
Bogdan

Ambrose McGregor Hanlon
Gray. Mackie
Mallan. Slivka. Hyndman. Horgan

Kamberi

Really hoping that's the team because that will be more than enough to win

Daydreamer
28-12-2018, 11:19 PM
[QUOTE=California-Hibs;5644221]Bogdan

Ambrose McGregor Hanlon
Gray. Mackie

Kamberi

Really hoping that's the team because that will be more than enough to win[/QUOTE

Thats the team with Whittaker, Bartley and Shaw as the subs to come on.

BoomtownHibees
29-12-2018, 12:07 AM
Bogdan

Ambrose McGregor Hanlon
Gray. Mackie

Kamberi

Really hoping that's the team because that will be more than enough to win

If we go with a back 3 then we will play 2 strikers

J-C
29-12-2018, 05:46 AM
Hearts are big and slow at the back, we're going to miss Boyle's pace there so I'd play Horgan to add that wee bit pace in the team.

Bogdan

Gray
Efe
Hanlon
Mackie

Mallan
Slivka
Hyndman

Flo
Shaw
Horgan

Mr_F
29-12-2018, 06:08 AM
Hearts are big and slow at the back, we're going to miss Boyle's pace there so I'd play Horgan to add that wee bit pace in the team.

Bogdan

Gray
Efe
Hanlon
Mackie

Mallan
Slivka
Hyndman

Flo
Shaw
Horgan

Brave playing a derby with no midfield

J-C
29-12-2018, 06:23 AM
Brave playing a derby with no midfield

Only other available player is Bartley, how fit is he, we have no one else except Dev players,

we are hibs
29-12-2018, 06:28 AM
If Bartley is even remotely fit I think we will take the risk and play him.

Bogdan

Gray
Efe
Hanlon
Stevenson

Mallan
Bartley
Slivka
Hyndman

Shaw
Flo

bingo70
29-12-2018, 06:59 AM
Only other available player is Bartley, how fit is he, we have no one else except Dev players,

I know it’s not a popular opinion on here but I think Whittaker rarely lets us down, if Bartley isn’t fit I’d give serious consideration to playing him in midfield, or possibly even man marking Naismith.

J-C
29-12-2018, 07:08 AM
I know it’s not a popular opinion on here but I think Whittaker rarely lets us down, if Bartley isn’t fit I’d give serious consideration to playing him in midfield, or possibly even man marking Naismith.

Understand Bingo but I was going on players playing in their correct positions, it's Lennon and as we've seen not many guess the same team as him.

Allant1981
29-12-2018, 07:59 AM
Bogdan
Ambrose
McGregor
Hanlon
Gray
Mackie
Slivka
Bartley
Mallan
Horgan
Kamberi

murray26
29-12-2018, 08:07 AM
Bogdan

Gray——Ambrose—McGregor—Hanlon—Mackie

Slivka—-Mallan — Hyndman— Horgan

Kamberi—-

makaveli1875
29-12-2018, 08:12 AM
If Bartley is fit he's got to play .

Bogdan

Efe
McGregor
Hanlon

Gray
Slivka
Bartley
Mallan
Mackie

Shaw
Kamberi

Libby Hibby
29-12-2018, 08:15 AM
Bogdan
Ambrose
McGregor
Hanlon
Gray
Mackie
Slivka
Bartley
Mallan
Horgan
Kamberi

Bang on.

1van Sprou7e
29-12-2018, 08:26 AM
Bang on.

There is no way we play 1 up top with a back 3 imo

Allant1981
29-12-2018, 08:50 AM

Why not?

houstonhibbee
29-12-2018, 08:54 AM
If Bartley is even remotely fit I think we will take the risk and play him.

Bogdan

Gray
Efe
Hanlon
Stevenson

Mallan
Bartley
Slivka
Hyndman

Shaw
Flo
Horgan in place of hyndman and mackie for Stevenson and that would be my team if Marvin is fit

BoomtownHibees
29-12-2018, 08:55 AM

Agreed. If it’s a back 3 then Shaw and Kamberi will be up top

1van Sprou7e
29-12-2018, 09:22 AM
Why not?

Because we're only going to play 1 up top if we have 2 supporting wingers (unless it's a sort of 3-4-3 but I don't think we've ever played that)

There is no danger we line up with just 1 attacker at home to hearts

we are hibs
29-12-2018, 09:24 AM
Horgan in place of hyndman and mackie for Stevenson and that would be my team if Marvin is fit
Forgot Stevenson is out. And I keep forgetting about Horgan because he's constantly in and out

Allant1981
29-12-2018, 09:43 AM
Because we're only going to play 1 up top if we have 2 supporting wingers (unless it's a sort of 3-4-3 but I don't think we've ever played that)

There is no danger we line up with just 1 attacker at home to hearts

Gray and Mackie would be the wing backs with Horgan playing right behind Kamberi, probably won't happen but I personally wouldn't play Shaw as I think against souttar and berra he will be outmuscled

allezsauzee
29-12-2018, 09:47 AM
I think the formation we play is less important than that we play at a high tempo and put them under pressure at the back. Bogdan, Gray, Ambrose, Porteous, McGregor, Mackie, Mallon,Slivka, Horgan, Hyndman and Kamberi are probably the 11 I'd start with.

makaveli1875
29-12-2018, 09:55 AM
Gray and Mackie would be the wing backs with Horgan playing right behind Kamberi, probably won't happen but I personally wouldn't play Shaw as I think against souttar and berra he will be outmuscled

Souttar wont be playing or that big thug Dunne . I fancy Shaw to get himself a wee derby goal today

Allant1981
29-12-2018, 10:02 AM
Souttar wont be playing or that big thug Dunne . I fancy Shaw to get himself a wee derby goal today

Didnt realise he was out, in that case id go 2 up front

blackpoolhibs
29-12-2018, 10:10 AM
I cant believe people are picking a team without Boyle and McLaren in it?

1van Sprou7e
29-12-2018, 10:12 AM

Agree, and what about Milligan???

southern hibby
29-12-2018, 10:16 AM
I think the formation we play is less important than that we play at a high tempo and put them under pressure at the back. Bogdan, Gray, Ambrose, Porteous, McGregor, Mackie, Mallon,Slivka, Horgan, Hyndman and Kamberi are probably the 11 I'd start with.

Porteous is injured.

GGTTH

jeffers
29-12-2018, 10:17 AM

Pah forget them, why no Mavrais ??

Joking aside, surprised so many have the ineffectul Hyndman in their side, I'm hoping he's on his way back to bournemouth. If he's anywhere close to being fit bartley would be starting in his place if I was picking the team.

Borderhibbie76
29-12-2018, 11:02 AM
Souttar wont be playing or that big thug Dunne . I fancy Shaw to get himself a wee derby goal todayDon't bank on it there is talk on social media of a surprise in their line up...I reckon 1of the "out for months" players will make it for them

Green&White
29-12-2018, 02:24 PM
Horgan for hyndman every time for me

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk

wookie70
29-12-2018, 02:33 PM
I think The Rangers showed today that attitude and energy is more important than personnel and formation. We have struggled with attitude and energy in most games this year. No point being a great ball player if you are always second to the ball. Levein will have them wound up. I have no idea what state of mind our players will be in as Lennon seems to have the ability to get great performances out of then like the Celtc game and abject ones like Livingston. Hopefully the atmosphere and camera will see a big game performance. For the first time in a long time I am going into a Derby thinking we will do well to win.