PDA

View Full Version : To compare.....

MyJo
26-12-2018, 05:23 PM
After 22 league games of last season we had a record of 9 won, 5 lost and 8 draws. Goal difference of +4 (31 scored, 27 conceded)

we are currently on 7 won, 5 lost, 8 draws. Goal difference of +9 (30 scored, 21 conceded).

We’re performing to the same level as we did last season at this stage but are now having to contend with other teams such as Killie, Hearts and Livi (compared to Ross county) performing much better than they did which is keeping us further down the table.

a few key signings in January turned our season around last time and we need to do the same again this time to kick on to the end of the season.

Elephant Stone
26-12-2018, 05:25 PM
After 22 league games of last season we had a record of 9 won, 8 lost and 5 draws. Goal difference of +4 (31 scored, 27 conceded)

we are currently on 7 won, 8 lost, 5 draws. Goal difference of +9 (30 scored, 21 conceded).

We’re performing to the same level as we did last season at this stage but are now having to contend with other teams such as Killie, Hearts and Livi (compared to Ross county) performing much better than they did which is keeping us further down the table.

a few key signings in January turned our season around last time and we need to do the same again this time to kick on to the end of the season.

:top marks Huge transfer window for us.

Hi Heid Yin
26-12-2018, 05:26 PM
After 22 league games of last season we had a record of 9 won, 8 lost and 5 draws. Goal difference of +4 (31 scored, 27 conceded)

we are currently on 7 won, 8 lost, 5 draws. Goal difference of +9 (30 scored, 21 conceded).

I think you will find that we have won 7 Drawn 8 and lost 5 this season of 20 games!

SquashedFrogg
26-12-2018, 05:27 PM

Agree with this view.

The Modfather
26-12-2018, 05:29 PM

We left ourselves far too much to do in the second half of last season. Even with title winning form we still only managed to finish 4th (which is a good finish, but about par). We will require a similar kind of run to get to where we need to be, although that ask may be even harder this season with other teams having improved.

Next summer we have to get the window right. January is for supplementing what you have not the major surgery we needed last January and this upcoming window.

Keith_M
26-12-2018, 05:36 PM
After 20 Games.

2017-18

W9 - D6 - L5 - Points: 33

2018-19

W7 - D8 - L5 - Points: 29

So we're currently 4 points down on the same point last season, though we do seem to be making a bit of a recovery.

MyJo
26-12-2018, 05:36 PM
I think you will find that we have won 7 Drawn 8 and lost 5 this season of 20 games!

Your quite correct I got them muddled up with last seasons when writing it out, d,oh! :greengrin

My_Wife_Camille
26-12-2018, 05:38 PM

Your quite correct I got them muddled up with last seasons when writing it out, d,oh! :greengrin
We had only lost 5 this time last season. He’s got his numbers all mixed up. We only lost 7 all of last season.

Captain Trips
26-12-2018, 05:40 PM
Our squad lost a couple of key players but it IMO is better than a lot of the teams above us and I am of the opinion that this Rangers team is being overhyped.

We are lower down due to our own mistakes both for me by players and by NL. I think though we will improve but nobody above us concerns me S a team.

Hi Heid Yin
26-12-2018, 05:49 PM

:wink:

Onion
26-12-2018, 06:00 PM
After 20 Games.

2017-18

W9 - D6 - L5 - Points: 33

2018-19

W7 - D8 - L5 - Points: 29

So we're currently 4 points down on the same point last season, though we do seem to be making a bit of a recovery.

We've steadied the ship a bit but winning 7 from 20 matches is pretty poor, given our budget/crowds and this is season 2 in the SPL. You'd expect us to be struggling a bit last season being the first year back.

wookie70
26-12-2018, 06:05 PM
If we finish the season the way we finished last season we could still end up with a good finish. It will have to be a very good window though to match last years post break points total.

Hi Heid Yin
26-12-2018, 06:06 PM
We've steadied the ship a bit but winning 7 from 20 matches is pretty poor, given our budget/crowds and this is season 2 in the SPL. You'd expect us to be struggling a bit last season being the first year back.

It's those damn draws that are holding us back this season.

Convert 2 of those into wins and we'd have an identical record (points-wise) to this stage last season.

Keith_M
26-12-2018, 06:20 PM
If we finish the season the way we finished last season we could still end up with a good finish. It will have to be a very good window though to match last years post break points total.

Therein lies the problem.

Most agreed that this time last season, we should have been doing better. Lennon recognized this and brought in the players we needed to have a fantastic second half of the season.

We're now in the same situation, but with four points less.

If we can turn it around so successfully again, and at least be challenging for the top four, it would be a fantastic achievement.

Nevi_SOL
26-12-2018, 06:25 PM

If we finish this season like we did last we’ll win the league

wookie70
26-12-2018, 11:17 PM
If we finish this season like we did last we’ll win the league

We are 13 points behind, having played a game more than, a fairly average Celtc side. I'm not sure we would win the league if we won every game from now.

If we finish the league like we did last year we may well get into the top 4. The major issue at the moment though is getting into the top 6. A poor result on Saturday will make that a challenge given St Johnstone have a game in hand and play Dundee at the weekend. For all we love a laugh at our neighbours and their manager they will be above us at the split having had plenty injuries themselves and completely rebuilding their squad. They may be dug excrement but they are above us going into the break come what may.