PDA

View Full Version : On to the derby then.

NAE NOOKIE
26-12-2018, 05:10 PM
Good result for us today and a win for the Yams, though apparently against a Hamilton side who were as abject today as they were against us at Easter Road a few weeks ago.

This has to be the most hard to call derby since at least the last one. We have a midfield who cant compete physically against most of the teams in the league and that worries me going into the most physical game any of them will play in this season. On the other hand we have managed to get results out of games even where we have been outmuscled in midfield.

It seems to me that NL isn't going to have a hard job picking the team for this one because he hardly has anything to pick from. No Porteous, Boyle, Bartley, Milligan or MacLaren and now possibly Stevenson. I think he will go with:

Bogdan

Ambrose, McGregor, Hanlon

Gray, Slivka, Mallan, Horgan, MacKie

Kamberi, Shaw

I think he might drop Hyndman to the bench because I doubt he could win a physical battle against the midfield of my walking football team and there will be plenty of them in this game. And where the ffffff is Agypong … I'm convinced from what I've seen of him he could rip the Yams rear guard cloggers a new A hole and its infuriating that he isn't fit.

Jones28
26-12-2018, 05:11 PM
Bring the ****ers on

Hibernia&Alba
26-12-2018, 05:12 PM
I have a good feeling: 3-0 to the Cabbage :agree:

SRHibs
26-12-2018, 05:15 PM
5-0

Northernhibee
26-12-2018, 05:15 PM
Bogdan

Gray
Ambrose
McGregor
Hanlon
Mackie

Slivka
Mallan
Hyndman

Flo
Shaw

Cod Boy
26-12-2018, 05:16 PM
Whittaker may play in centre midfield.

NAE NOOKIE
26-12-2018, 05:18 PM
I have a good feeling: 3-0 to the Cabbage :agree:

If I had that feeling mate it would be the goodest feeling I've had all year …. there's optimism and then there's insanity :faf:

danhibees1875
26-12-2018, 05:26 PM
I'd forgotten about the Australian trip.

Marciano, Porteous, Bartley, Milligan, Agyepong, Boyle, Mavrias, MacLaren all out and SDG not 100%... But if one of them picks their nose during the week there will be a hearts injury crisis.

I think I'd go for the team in the OP given what we'll have available.

Hibernia&Alba
26-12-2018, 05:27 PM
If I had that feeling mate it would be the goodest feeling I've had all year …. there's optimism and then there's insanity :faf:

We can hammer them at home; we just need to approach the game positively.

bingo70
26-12-2018, 05:32 PM
Apparently Haring and Djoum are doubtful for the hearts after coming off injured today.

SingaporeHibs
26-12-2018, 05:32 PM
Good result for us today and a win for the Yams, though apparently against a Hamilton side who were as abject today as they were against us at Easter Road a few weeks ago.

This has to be the most hard to call derby since at least the last one. We have a midfield who cant compete physically against most of the teams in the league and that worries me going into the most physical game any of them will play in this season. On the other hand we have managed to get results out of games even where we have been outmuscled in midfield.

It seems to me that NL isn't going to have a hard job picking the team for this one because he hardly has anything to pick from. No Porteous, Boyle, Bartley, Milligan or MacLaren and now possibly Stevenson. I think he will go with:

Bogdan

Ambrose, McGregor, Hanlon

Gray, Slivka, Mallan, Horgan, MacKie

Kamberi, Shaw

I think he might drop Hyndman to the bench because I doubt he could win a physical battle against the midfield of my walking football team and there will be plenty of them in this game. And where the ffffff is Agypong … I'm convinced from what I've seen of him he could rip the Yams rear guard cloggers a new A hole and its infuriating that he isn't fit.

Would be happy enough to start with your side. Where is big Marv? Injured? My only temptation that would change that side would be to play Marv rather than Mallan. Would love Mallan to play the no 10 role but he tends to be played deeper than that and he can’t tackle. Could maybe drop Slivka instead of Mallan. Anyway, would be happy enough with that starting 11.

PatHead
26-12-2018, 05:42 PM
Apparently Haring and Djoum are doubtful for the hearts after coming off injured today.

And so it begins.....

Onion
26-12-2018, 05:52 PM

100% rested for their biggest game since the last time the Obsessive played us. 2-0 up against 10 men gave Levein perfect opportunity to rest their huddies and throw Hibs and .net into complete confusion... apparently.

Keith_M
26-12-2018, 06:03 PM
They beat a really bad Hamilton side, that only had ten men for the last 20 minutes.

Woop-de-woo!

Lancs Harp
26-12-2018, 06:06 PM
To be fair to Hearts it must be hard to remain focused when you've won the league in September.

Crab apple
26-12-2018, 06:14 PM
To be fair to Hearts it must be hard to remain focused when you've won the league in September.

Lol. Another one to add to the Potter trophy cupboard.

Hi Heid Yin
26-12-2018, 06:15 PM
It's going to be the derby of "one patched up side against another"

I don't recall both Capital sides being so savagely deprived of one player after another for half a season.

For any one to suggest that both clubs have not been affected by these injuries would be laughable.

Which ever 11 both teams put on the park it will be the same old case of "who wants it more"

bingo70
26-12-2018, 06:16 PM
It's going to be the derby of "one patched up side against another"

I don't recall both Capital sides being so savagely deprived of one player after another for half a season.

For any one to suggest that both clubs have not been affected by these injuries would be laughable.

Which ever 11 both teams put on the park it will be the same old case of "who wants it more"

Have Hearts had injuries this season aye?

You’d think they’d have mentioned it.

Hibeesmad
26-12-2018, 06:17 PM
That Hearts line up today was honking.

Hibs 3-0 winners on Saturday

Eyrie
26-12-2018, 06:57 PM
That Hearts line up today was honking.

It's honking for playing football, but it's very effective for hoofing and hacking.

thebakerboy
26-12-2018, 07:01 PM
My worry for Saturday is that NL will line up ready for a battle , but I dont think we will win a battle ( we might not lose either).To that end he might want to go 3 5 2 and perhaps bring Whitty into midfield which , much as I like Whitty , I think would be a mistake. I think we should go 4 4 2 which has been our best line up this season. My line up would be Bogdan Gray Ambrose Hanlon Mackie ( if Stevenson is unfit) Horgan Slivka Mallan Hyndeman Kamberi Shaw. That team playing flowing football on the ground will be able to take 3 or 4 of the current Hearts squad.

pacoluna
26-12-2018, 07:41 PM

Believing we can beat hearts 3-0 at home is insanity? Livi just pumped them by 5. We just beat Celtic by two last week at ER. This place truly is mad.

Hi Heid Yin
26-12-2018, 07:54 PM

:tee hee:

Nakedmanoncrack
26-12-2018, 07:55 PM
Believing we can beat hearts 3-0 at home is insanity? Livi just pumped them by 5. We just beat Celtic by two last week at ER. This place truly is mad.

👍🏼

IDHibs
26-12-2018, 08:04 PM
5-0

At half time... 01/01/1973 ... momentous day

PatHead
26-12-2018, 08:16 PM

Think that they have maybe had one or two refereeing decisions against them as well. Think I heard a rumour in the press.

bingo70
26-12-2018, 08:21 PM
Think that they have maybe had one or two refereeing decisions against them as well. Think I heard a rumour in the press.

Tbf With no other club in the country getting any injuries or bad refereeing decisions against them I can see why Levein would get annoyed sometimes.

Pete
26-12-2018, 09:12 PM
Can’t wait.

A packed Easter Road under the floodlights during the festive period. That feeling when you see the teams line up, maroon shirts and white shorts one one side and green shirts, white shorts and crisp white sleeves on the other.

Keep your Glasgow derby nonsense, this is the oldest and best one in country.

Let’s just hope we give as good as we get and come out on top. 👍🏼

NAE NOOKIE
26-12-2018, 11:51 PM

In the context of the season its pretty close to it mate. Apart from picking apart a Hamilton side that even through green tinted spectacles were truly honking on the day we haven't looked like gubbing anybody. Our strikers aren't scoring and I for one cant see the Yams allowing a second Livingston like calamity in the space of three weeks.

They will turn this into a war of attrition and if there is a winner it will be at the very most by the odd goal in three. Don't get me wrong, I would obviously love to see us gub them, but I just don't think this is a game where its remotely likely to happen.

bingo70
27-12-2018, 08:22 AM
In the context of the season its pretty close to it mate. Apart from picking apart a Hamilton side that even through green tinted spectacles were truly honking on the day we haven't looked like gubbing anybody. Our strikers aren't scoring and I for one cant see the Yams allowing a second Livingston like calamity in the space of three weeks.

They will turn this into a war of attrition and if there is a winner it will be at the very most by the odd goal in three. Don't get me wrong, I would obviously love to see us gub them, but I just don't think this is a game where its remotely likely to happen.

We beat Motherwell 3 nil as well.

FWIW i don't think we'll pump them 3 nil either but i don't think it's outwith the realms of possibility. I would take a scrappy 1 nil win but if we were to get an early goal and they have to open up a bit there should hopefully be spaces to exploit, from there anything can happen, especially if they lose their discipline. The longer the game stays at nil nil the more i'll worry though.

Bostonhibby
27-12-2018, 08:30 AM
And so it begins.....Donald Ford apparently doubtful.

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

IDHibs
27-12-2018, 08:40 AM
Donald Ford apparently doubtful.

lmfao looks like Ernie Winchester might start for them then

Bostonhibby
27-12-2018, 08:42 AM
lmfao looks like Ernie Winchester might start for them then[emoji5]

Now you've posted it Potter will have to say big Ernie is struggling with a mystery illness.

Shame as he was rubbish.

IDHibs
27-12-2018, 08:51 AM
[emoji5]

Now you've posted it Potter will have to say big Ernie is struggling with a mystery illness.

Shame as he was rubbish.

He was worse than rubbish . when I, or one of my mates ****** up in a game we called them/it an Ernie

Brightside
27-12-2018, 08:58 AM
There is no reason for us not to pump them. They are dug shiyite

The Green Goblin
27-12-2018, 09:03 AM
Is Porteous definitely out? Has that been confirmed?

IDHibs
27-12-2018, 09:04 AM

Perceptive, succinct and infallibly true.... :top marks

1van Sprou7e
27-12-2018, 09:06 AM

Only thing is it's an Edinburgh derby. They will fight tooth and nail to keep the score at 0-0. Even when we dominate it's incredibly rare for us to pump them

eastcoasthibby
27-12-2018, 09:15 AM

Unfortunately, a reason maybe that we have shown too often that we can also be at the dug shiyite level ....when too many players cop out of playing to their abilities and with the right attitudes, if they do what we have shown at times we could certainly get our wishes and hopes..😁💚

Captain Trips
27-12-2018, 09:17 AM
We are completely capable of beating them 3-0 unfortunately we are also capable of making a complete arse of it as well. Should be interesting.

IDHibs
27-12-2018, 09:28 AM
We are completely capable of beating them 3-0 unfortunately we are also capable of making a complete arse of it as well. Should be interesting.

Are you suggesting we might "Hibsed" it? no danger 2-0 to the Cabbage :aok:

B.H.F.C
27-12-2018, 09:29 AM
We need to take the game to them right from the start.

Gray and Mackie on either side will help us do that IMO.

We’re a bit limited in options up front which concerns me.

Diclonius
27-12-2018, 09:33 AM
Here it comes lads - the "confident" predictions that we'll win by three or more goals despite the last time that happened occurring over 18 years ago, followed by said people lambasting the team for being "*****" when the score is inexplicably 0-0 after 60 minutes (read: last derby).

When will we realise that the Hearts team that turns up to derbies is NOT the Hearts team that turns up to every other game? If you had Hearts on that ****ty plastic pitch two weeks ago, with the exact same Livingston team playing in green and called Hibs, and Almondvale renamed Easter Road, there is NO WAY they would have capitulated the way they did.

Understand that and then you'll understand why thumping win predictions are ridiculous. We're favourites but if we win it'll be a 1-0 or a 2-1, not this pish.

SRHibs
27-12-2018, 09:38 AM
Here it comes lads - the "confident" predictions that we'll win by three or more goals despite the last time that happened occurring over 18 years ago, followed by said people lambasting the team for being "*****" when the score is inexplicably 0-0 after 60 minutes (read: last derby).

When will we realise that the Hearts team that turns up to derbies is NOT the Hearts team that turns up to every other game? If you had Hearts on that ****ty plastic pitch two weeks ago, with the exact same Livingston team playing in green and called Hibs, and Almondvale renamed Easter Road, there is NO WAY they would have capitulated the way they did.

Understand that and then you'll understand why thumping win predictions are ridiculous. We're favourites but if we win it'll be a 1-0 or a 2-1, not this pish.

I think everyone realises this, and while we all have faith in us hopefully winning the game, the high score predictions are just a bit of fun/faux confidence.

Hearts are absolute gash though.

Hibeesmad
27-12-2018, 10:02 AM
Is Porteous definitely out? Has that been confirmed?

Lennon said he was very doubtful

1875M
27-12-2018, 10:15 AM
Hibs to scrape a 2-1, and a red card somewhere in the game

HIBERNIAN-0762
27-12-2018, 10:19 AM
We need to beware of that dirty little rat Naismith and diver Berra of whom I fully expect to be diving all over both boxes trying to play the victim. **** of the earth team and fans.

2-0 Hibs.

The Green Goblin
27-12-2018, 10:26 AM
Lennon said he was very doubtful

Cheers.

erin go bragh
27-12-2018, 10:29 AM
We have beat them four times on the trot at ER .
Seen a stat about their away form against Us ,Sheep ,Huns and Celtic. They have won zero out of the last 20 games . Only drawing 2 against the Sheep .
Let’s keep our great run against them going ,by sending them home with their tails between their legs again.

southern hibby
27-12-2018, 10:29 AM
If Hibs score first and early watch our confidence pick up like it did against Celtic. Come on Hibs we can do this and do it well as they are absolutely honking and nothing to fear.

2 things for me we need to do and do well. Win the second balls and if they start to have a good spell we need to get in their faces and win the ball then start passing it so we retain possession better.

4 games against the bigot brothers only 1 defeat. 1 game against the 6 finger banjo playing sister loving inbreeds and no defeats lets make it 2 with no defeat.

GGTTH

Northern Hibby
27-12-2018, 10:31 AM
As long as we try and play football and not be dragged into a kicking match like last time, yes we need to be strong but play our game not theirs and we'll win.

Diclonius
27-12-2018, 11:30 AM
I think everyone realises this, and while we all have faith in us hopefully winning the game, the high score predictions are just a bit of fun/faux confidence.

Hearts are absolute gash though.

True, but gash Hearts teams in the past have rocked up at Easter Road and got themselves into a 2-0 lead before we've had time to breathe.

NAE NOOKIE
27-12-2018, 12:02 PM
If Hibs score first and early watch our confidence pick up like it did against Celtic. Come on Hibs we can do this and do it well as they are absolutely honking and nothing to fear.

2 things for me we need to do and do well. Win the second balls and if they start to have a good spell we need to get in their faces and win the ball then start passing it so we retain possession better.

4 games against the bigot brothers only 1 defeat. 1 game against the 6 finger banjo playing sister loving inbreeds and no defeats lets make it 2 with no defeat.

GGTTH

Something we have singularly failed to do in most of our games … its been a feature of the games at Easter Road, with Dundee, Livingston and The Rangers all showing us up in that area.

We ( as usual ) are a better football team than the Yams … but the old saying that to be able to play you have to win the battle first is as applicable to the Edinburgh derby practically more than any other game … this is our last game for a few weeks and the players know they will get some well earned rest after it, in view of that there's no excuse for not coming out and giving their all physically. If they can do that and win more second balls than we have been recently it will elevate our chances of a win considerably.

JeMeSouviens
27-12-2018, 12:13 PM
We have beat them four times on the trot at ER .
Seen a stat about their away form against Us ,Sheep ,Huns and Celtic. They have won zero out of the last 20 games . Only drawing 2 against the Sheep .
Let’s keep our great run against them going ,by sending them home with their tails between their legs again.

5 times on the trot. Their last non defeat at ER was Ozturk’s mother of all flukes.

makaveli1875
27-12-2018, 03:00 PM
we need to win . Dont care how they do it as long as we have the 3 points at the end .

hfc rd
27-12-2018, 03:22 PM
Will happily take a dug s**** performance as long as we win. The 3 points are huge for this game.

Despite signing something like 16 players or so in the summer, they look no different than the yams team from last season. We are like a packet of Revels this season in terms of you don’t know which Hibs team is going to turn up. We are capable of absolutely hammering them but at this same time, we can be the makers of our own downfall.

Davy Mac
27-12-2018, 03:33 PM
Is Latapy available? :-)

RossScott1991
27-12-2018, 03:53 PM
Not sure what to make of this weekend. Was at the game at tiny, we were absolute dug meat and it was against a massively patched Hearts team that night. If Naismith etc played we would have got beat.

Really need Hyndman etc to create chances and find spaces

Bogdan
Ambrose McGregor Hanlon
Gray hyndman Slivka Mallan mackie
Kamberi Shaw

Would be by team.

Narrow 1.0 or 2.1 hibs

The Green Goblin
27-12-2018, 06:08 PM
Not sure what to make of this weekend. Was at the game at tiny, we were absolute dug meat and it was against a massively patched Hearts team that night. If Naismith etc played we would have got beat.

Bogdan
Ambrose McGregor Hanlon
Kamberi Shaw

Would be by team.

Narrow 1.0 or 2.1 hibs

I would probably have Bartley in place of Hyndman. We need one destroyer on the park to protect ourselves and give some back. Is Bartley available for this one?

The 90+2
27-12-2018, 06:31 PM
Take a draw.

Hibees1973
27-12-2018, 06:31 PM
Got to laugh when looking at JKB. Accusing US of kicking them off the park.

The don’t seem to accept us taking a more robust approach when we play them on their tiny pitch. Tynie is not conducive to a free flowing game due to the dimensions of their pitch. Hibs have had to play ‘narrow’, with not as much width, for years at Tiny due to their pitch which is at the borderline of UEFA standards. Most derbies at Tiny have been awful for years and turn into a battle of attrition.

With our big pitch you tend to get a better footballl match. Hope we don’t miss Boyle too much on Saturday and need Horgan to step up.

We will have good width on both sides as I expect Mackie and our captain to start.

hibbyfraelibby
27-12-2018, 06:33 PM
I would probably have Bartley in place of Hyndman. We need one destroyer on the park to protect ourselves and give some back. Is Bartley available for this one?

Daz is back, he can handle it.

Hibeewilly
27-12-2018, 07:39 PM

Bogdan
Ambrose McGregor Hanlon
Kamberi Shaw

Would be by team.

Narrow 1.0 or 2.1 hibs
That would be my team too Ross. I agree about Hyndman as well. 3-1 Hibees