PDA

View Full Version : ryan... just how much ??

IDHibs
26-12-2018, 12:24 PM

The 90+2
26-12-2018, 12:34 PM
Would rather not start selling off the best player in years coming through.

calumhibee1
26-12-2018, 12:37 PM
I’d suspect when he eventually goes it’ll be around £3m.

MWHIBBIES
26-12-2018, 12:53 PM
Could just keep him?

Wilson
26-12-2018, 12:58 PM
Club record fee.

MacGruber
26-12-2018, 12:58 PM
Nothing if his knee is shot!!

Weegreenman
26-12-2018, 01:01 PM
Let’s stop this nonsense right now. The lad has hardly kicked a ball for us yet. He’s got bags of potential but let’s no get carried away. He needs to get games under his belt and experience in the bag before we start putting price tags on him. Let’s just enjoy him for now please, without any added pressures.

IDHibs
26-12-2018, 01:04 PM
Club record fee.

He is twice the player than yonder' at the Don's.. yet they value him at 8 mill ?? i would love to see him stay at ER but money talks

MWHIBBIES
26-12-2018, 01:06 PM
Nothing if his knee is shot!!

His knee isn't shot.

Wilson
26-12-2018, 01:06 PM
Let’s stop this nonsense right now. The lad has hardly kicked a ball for us yet. He’s got bags of potential but let’s no get carried away. He needs to get games under his belt and experience in the bag before we start putting price tags on him. Let’s just enjoy him for now please, without any added pressures.

Until a bid comes in it is hypothetical. If a bid came in then we shouldn't use the reasons you give to cheat ourselves on the price. We have high hopes for him. So will any potential bidders.

We should be realistic in what we expect on a week to week from a young player but let's not be shy about his potential.

26-12-2018, 01:07 PM
20 million plus messi

Brightside
26-12-2018, 01:08 PM
£500k at the moment. Hes played a handful of games and people need to calm down.

Pretty Boy
26-12-2018, 01:13 PM
Take what you think he's worth, factor in the 'Scotland factor' and half it and you'll probably be close.

If his progression continues then the idea we can 'just keep him' is fanciful and anyone who has followed football for any length of time surely realises that.

Speedy
26-12-2018, 01:17 PM
£500k at the moment. Hes played a handful of games and people need to calm down.

Disagree. Clubs pay good money for potential.

Weegreenman
26-12-2018, 01:18 PM
Until a bid comes in it is hypothetical. If a bid came in then we shouldn't use the reasons you give to cheat ourselves on the price. We have high hopes for him. So will any potential bidders.

We should be realistic in what we expect on a week to week from a young player but let's not be shy about his potential.

We shouldn’t even be thinking about selling him. Seen this far too many times over the years. Read my lips ......NOT FOR SALE AT ANY PRICE :wink:

IDHibs
26-12-2018, 01:18 PM
Would rather not start selling off the best player in years coming through.
we are a selling club

pretty much an ever present now.. Dazza is behind him in the queue and so might Hanlon be

20 million plus messi

i'll settle for Lionel :not worth

Hibees1973
26-12-2018, 01:19 PM
Far too early. Needs to be calmer defensively and better on the ball. Has potential but needs another year in the first team before I would even have him as first pick for us.

The Harp
26-12-2018, 01:27 PM
Don't understand the obsession some on here have for selling our players. Ryan is a young guy, just establishing himself in the team, ridiculous to speculate on a future transfer fee imo.

IDHibs
26-12-2018, 02:19 PM
Far too early. Needs to be calmer defensively and better on the ball. Has potential but needs another year in the first team before I would even have him as first pick for us.

Hate to diss you but he is now a first team pick...simple as. He is quality AND committed. takes some beating that

Eyrie
26-12-2018, 03:16 PM
I'm sure he wears the #36 shirt for a reason :greengrin

Future17
26-12-2018, 04:37 PM

I think he's good on the ball but he needs to improve in some aspects of his defensive work, as you'd expect at his age.

His performances this season would make him first choice for me.

Godsahibby
26-12-2018, 06:22 PM

It’s not what he is ‘worth’ it’s what we are will to accept to let him go. Absolutely no chance that we would accept a bid of £500k for our best asset.

If a bid came in tomorrow with his potential and the time remaining on his contract we would be looking for at least £2-3mm. Is he worth that right now, probably not but that doesn’t matter.

SouthMoroccoStu
26-12-2018, 06:34 PM
sadly the English media obsession is a factor

A half decent Scottish player (outwith the old firm) is “barely league 1 level”

Some down south, I know because I live there, still reckon we were “lucky” to get the money we did for McGinn

calumhibee1
26-12-2018, 06:36 PM

Some down south, I know because I live there, still reckon we were “lucky” to get the money we did for McGinn

:agree:

Throw in the fact he’s a centre half rather than a centre midfield and I’d be surprised to see us get more than £3m initially. Much like SJM I’d expect it will be sell on clauses that will make us really big money.

Hibernian32
26-12-2018, 08:21 PM

I heard villa fans saying Mcginn is worth treble what he went for, the likes of him, Roberstons & KT are giving the Scottish youth a bit off looking at, " lucky " is pure cheek, Ryan Gauld has 40 million release clause. If the right people take the player on and see the potential they will pay the asking price, we just shouldn't sell our selfs short and we haven't not giving into Celtic. Porto is quality not putting a tag on him has I wouldn't sell the lad. I'm just sick of the way a Scottish youth talent is put down just because they come from this league

Hi Heid Yin
26-12-2018, 09:20 PM
It’s not what he is ‘worth’ it’s what we are will to accept to let him go. Absolutely no chance that we would accept a bid of £500k for our best asset.

If a bid came in tomorrow with his potential and the time remaining on his contract we would be looking for at least £2-3mm. Is he worth that right now, probably not but that doesn’t matter.

For me he is most certainly worth at least £2-3 million right now!

Ryan69
26-12-2018, 09:23 PM

Im so glad your nowhere near out management team.
Aberdeen rate McKenna at £8million....and id prefer Porteous.

SChibs
26-12-2018, 09:25 PM

To be fair McKenna is a good player. He's also captained Scotland and didn't look out of place. Porteous is good but I'm not sure if he's international standard yet.

GREEN WARLORD
26-12-2018, 09:33 PM

Agreed. Every club is a selling club, unless you are a Barcelona et al. However, Ryan is a massage prospect and 500k is a massive disrespect to the laddie. Btw, he's out until the New year. #madeindalkeith

Future17
26-12-2018, 09:46 PM
To be fair McKenna is a good player. He's also captained Scotland and didn't look out of place. Porteous is good but I'm not sure if he's international standard yet.

McKenna has captained Scotland? Are you sure?

bigwheel
26-12-2018, 10:10 PM

I agree with that ..McKenna is ahead of him in development terms currently ..looks a real prospect. Ryan has a real chance though if he keeps developing too

Smartie
26-12-2018, 10:15 PM

David Bates played for Scotland in one of our recent matches, and he played well.

I don't think Porteous is far behind him, if he's behind him at all.

Scotland aren't exactly blessed in the centre-half position and I can't see there being too many ahead of Porteous in the queue.

Captain Trips
26-12-2018, 10:16 PM
Whatever he is worth take off 50% right away as he plays in Scotland and not for Celtic so he simply cannot be worth a lot.

Gaffer1875
27-12-2018, 08:38 AM
Right now given his potential and the fact he’s on a 5 year deal, £3m.

Another 18months developing and a possible Scotland cap, £4-5m.

I can see him being our biggest sale ever surpassing Scott Brown.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

overdrive
27-12-2018, 08:45 AM
David Bates played for Scotland in one of our recent matches, and he played well.

Scotland aren't exactly blessed in the centre-half position and I can't see there being too many ahead of Porteous in the queue.

I’ve watched Porteous and Bates play together for the U21s. Porteous was by far the better of the two.

Not In The Know
27-12-2018, 08:45 AM
Is he injured or suspended for the derby

IDHibs
27-12-2018, 08:47 AM
Is he injured or suspended for the derby

injured knee

calumhibee1
27-12-2018, 08:49 AM

Aberdeen will never get anywhere near £8m for McKenna. They can rate him at that all they want, nobody will pay that for a player that doesn’t play for the OF.

bigwheel
27-12-2018, 09:07 AM
Aberdeen will never get anywhere near £8m for McKenna. They can rate him at that all they want, nobody will pay that for a player that doesn’t play for the OF.

Have they not already turned down a 6M bid for him? Think they might get around the 8M ..

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

1van Sprou7e
27-12-2018, 09:10 AM

Actually we're looking pretty good for CBs going forward. McKenna, Bates and Souttar are all good players and young. However I see no reason why Ryan can't make himself a starter in a couple of years

IDHibs
27-12-2018, 09:15 AM
Have they not already turned down a 6M bid for him? Think they might get around the 8M ..

They would have taken 6M (had it been offered) and no mistake.... total hype and spin. Imho, untainted of course, Ryan is the real deal.

calumhibee1
27-12-2018, 09:17 AM

Not as far as I was aware but if they have then I take it back.. As IDHibs said though, I’d suspect if that was true then he’d no longer be an Aberdeen player.

bigwheel
27-12-2018, 09:25 AM
They would have taken 6M (had it been offered) and no mistake.... total hype and spin. Imho, untainted of course, Ryan is the real deal.

Aston Villa offered it..pretty sure Hull matched it too...

bigwheel
27-12-2018, 09:32 AM
Not as far as I was aware but if they have then I take it back.. As IDHibs said though, I’d suspect if that was true then he’d no longer be an Aberdeen player.

From the daily record August 18. Celtic also had a 3.5M bid rejected

Derek McInnes last night admitted that Aberdeen would have sold Scott McKenna had Aston Villa come in earlier for him.

The Pittodrie club declined a deadline-day bid of £6.5million for the Scotland defender.

But the Dons boss confessed it was the last-ditch timing as much as any debate over the fee that kept 21-year-old McKenna at the club, with no time left to find a replacement.

Speaking for the first time since the window closed and in the wake of a 2-0 loss to Kilmarnock, McInnes said: “It was important we kept Scott. I had a conversation with Steve Bruce last week and he said they might make a bid.

Aberdeen boss Derek McInnes explains why loan market is so valuable to the club
“We told them they would have to do it because the later in the window it was, the more resistance there would be to it.

“Steve is one of the good guys but when I saw my phone ringing from him on Friday there was no chance it would happen.

“The figure wasn’t enough anyway but the timing was the bigger factor behind it. We couldn’t replace McKenna with five hours to go.”

McInnes insists McKenna – expected to come back from a hamstring injury after the international break – hasn’t had his head turned by interest from both Villa and Celtic.

IDHibs
27-12-2018, 09:41 AM

Derek McInnes last night admitted that Aberdeen would have sold Scott McKenna had Aston Villa come in earlier for him.

The Pittodrie club declined a deadline-day bid of £6.5million for the Scotland defender.

But the Dons boss confessed it was the last-ditch timing as much as any debate over the fee that kept 21-year-old McKenna at the club, with no time left to find a replacement.

Speaking for the first time since the window closed and in the wake of a 2-0 loss to Kilmarnock, McInnes said: “It was important we kept Scott. I had a conversation with Steve Bruce last week and he said they might make a bid.

“We told them they would have to do it because the later in the window it was, the more resistance there would be to it.

“Steve is one of the good guys but when I saw my phone ringing from him on Friday there was no chance it would happen.

“The figure wasn’t enough anyway but the timing was the bigger factor behind it. We couldn’t replace McKenna with five hours to go.”

McInnes insists McKenna – expected to come back from a hamstring injury after the international break – hasn’t had his head turned by interest from both Villa and Celtic.

What utter nonsense. Anyone can bandy about figures, My house is available for £2 Million . And people buy into that cos it's in the Daily Ranger ??
what was to stop them brokering a deal whereby a Villa player came North on loan as a direct replacement ? Total tosh imo

Is It On....
27-12-2018, 09:47 AM

Someone like Burnley may take a gamble on McKenna - they have shipped more goals already this season than in the whole of last season. Staying up is worth >£150m and they need an urgent change in defenders or they look doomed.

bigwheel
27-12-2018, 09:49 AM
What utter nonsense. Anyone can bandy about figures, My house is available for £2 Million . And people buy into that cos it's in the Daily Ranger ??
what was to stop them brokering a deal whereby a Villa player came North on loan as a direct replacement ? Total tosh imo

lol. you're determined not to believe it..was reported in various sources...

IDHibs
27-12-2018, 09:59 AM
lol. you're determined not to believe it..was reported in various sources...

All fed by the one reporter via his iphone or tablet lmao.. isn't technology wonderful. You should try getting to grips with it :rolleyes:.

Ever heard of Reuters?

bigwheel
27-12-2018, 10:00 AM
All fed by the one reporter via his iphone or tablet lmao.. isn't technology wonderful. You should try getting to grips with it :rolleyes:.

Ever heard of Reuters?

ok, was just responding to your questions - now you seem to be rude for no reason...enjoy your day...

calumhibee1
27-12-2018, 10:01 AM

Must have missed that at the time. I’m astonished they turned that down, that’s huge money.

bigwheel
27-12-2018, 10:22 AM
Must have missed that at the time. I’m astonished they turned that down, that’s huge money.

it was indeed a surprisingly large fee quoted. That said, I do think McKenna is the real deal..he has the pace and physique to play at a top level. And he is comfortable with the ball at his feet..which is unusual for such a big physical player. Think he will get a decent move to England in the future...Good for Scotland National team too.

Future17
27-12-2018, 10:45 AM

Obviously some press stories are nonsense, but there was clearly interest from Villa or McInnes would not have been quoted talking about Steve Bruce having phoned him about it. Similarly, if McInnes spoke to the reporter, it's unlikely the reporter made up a figure for the transfer fee.

I'm not sure why you doubt the story so strongly, particularly as you seem to think it would be easy to identify a Villa player in that position, who Villa would be prepared to let go, who Aberdeen would want and who was prepared to go to Aberdeen.

IDHibs
27-12-2018, 01:00 PM
Obviously some press stories are nonsense, but there was clearly interest from Villa or McInnes would not have been quoted talking about Steve Bruce having phoned him about it. Similarly, if McInnes spoke to the reporter, it's unlikely the reporter made up a figure for the transfer fee.

I'm not sure why you doubt the story so strongly, particularly as you seem to think it would be easy to identify a Villa player in that position, who Villa would be prepared to let go, who Aberdeen would want and who was prepared to go to Aberdeen.

Where did i say that the reporter "made up" a figure ?? show me. McInnes is perfectly placed to suggest a figure to any given reporter so i'm guessing he did just that. I also never intimated it would be easy to broker a deal at the late stage they were at (allegedly).

Regardless, you are correct in one thing, i do doubt the story. Maybe Steve Bruce was quoted a figure and said "F*** that" .

Future17
27-12-2018, 01:44 PM
Where did i say that the reporter "made up" a figure ?? show me. McInnes is perfectly placed to suggest a figure to any given reporter so i'm guessing he did just that. I also never intimated it would be easy to broker a deal at the late stage they were at (allegedly).

Regardless, you are correct in one thing, i do doubt the story. Maybe Steve Bruce was quoted a figure and said "F*** that" .

I didn't say you had; although you did refer to the newspaper and reporter in your previous posts, so I think it would have been reasonable to assume you were attributing the "nonsense" to them rather than someone you hadn't mentioned.

You asked what was to stop them brokering a deal. I gave you an answer. I understand you don't believe the story, but thought you might have more insight to offer given that your opinion on the subject is so strong. I guess I was wrong.

IDHibs
27-12-2018, 02:26 PM
I didn't say you had; although you did refer to the newspaper and reporter in your previous posts, so I think it would have been reasonable to assume you were attributing the "nonsense" to them rather than someone you hadn't mentioned.

You asked what was to stop them brokering a deal. I gave you an answer. I understand you don't believe the story, but thought you might have more insight to offer given that your opinion on the subject is so strong. I guess I was wrong.

Indeed you are wrong, and not for the first or last time i would wager. you just don't get it do you? McKenna is never a £6.5M player and if offered that kind of money the Dons would have snapped it up. The point is McInnes, imo, saw a possible deal falter and went public with an inflated valuation of the boy . Thus he gives the impression of protecting the clubs assets whilst informing any suitors of what they can expect to pay.

£6.5 Mill would go a long way in this league... aberdeen and McInnes ****ed up if they refused that money. It's all a total fallacy on their part.

Done and outa here , heard enough

Future17
27-12-2018, 04:20 PM
Indeed you are wrong, and not for the first or last time i would wager. you just don't get it do you? McKenna is never a £6.5M player and if offered that kind of money the Dons would have snapped it up. The point is McInnes, imo, saw a possible deal falter and went public with an inflated valuation of the boy . Thus he gives the impression of protecting the clubs assets whilst informing any suitors of what they can expect to pay.

£6.5 Mill would go a long way in this league... aberdeen and McInnes ****ed up if they refused that money. It's all a total fallacy on their part.

Done and outa here , heard enough

Probably a safe bet. Thanks for your insight.

SChibs
27-12-2018, 06:25 PM
McKenna has captained Scotland? Are you sure?

Yes, he captained them vs Mexico.

Future17
27-12-2018, 07:16 PM
Yes, he captained them vs Mexico.

Jeezo. Didn't realise that, ta.

bingo70
27-12-2018, 07:38 PM
Apparently the Villa offer for McKenna was loaded with conditions that could have eventually lead to them getting £6m but the reality was short term they would have got nothing like that.

As for Porteous. Potential is almost as valuable as actual achievements. If clubs think he’s a £6-7m player in the future which in England he probably is then £2-3m now is a fair valuation.

SChibs
27-12-2018, 08:02 PM
Jeezo. Didn't realise that, ta.

I don't often watch Scotland games but I seen that one and just happened to remember

Greenworld
28-12-2018, 07:46 AM
I'm going out on a limb here as I believe he is well scouted even to his young age.
So a valuation of 6 million 4 million up front 2 million after 20 games played .

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

makaveli1875
28-12-2018, 07:51 AM
Maybe its my green tinted specs but i think he's going to go alot further in the game than Mckenna or that jambo plum Souttar . Theyre talking 5 - 10 million for McKenna and id say whatever he goes for Ryan is easily worth a couple of million more

BILLYHIBS
28-12-2018, 07:51 AM
He worth nothing now with a dislocated knee and out for a long time!

Tha Cabbage Kid
28-12-2018, 07:53 AM
Worth the same as Elon musk!

Sent from my Moto G (5) using Tapatalk

JimBHibees
28-12-2018, 11:04 AM
Maybe its my green tinted specs but i think he's going to go alot further in the game than Mckenna or that jambo plum Souttar . Theyre talking 5 - 10 million for McKenna and id say whatever he goes for Ryan is easily worth a couple of million more

Dont think he is anywhere near McKenna at the moment. Huge potential but McKenna has been consistent for a while.

bigwheel
28-12-2018, 11:11 AM

Not at the same level..not sure he will be - but he has a real chance of having a good career..both of them do...

Soutar is a good player too..likely will also get a decent move

I’d say currently McKenna is the pick of the bunch by some way - but Ryan has a lot of potential too

MWHIBBIES
28-12-2018, 11:11 AM
He worth nothing now with a dislocated knee and out for a long time!

So his value is zero because he'll be injured over the break? A dislocated knee isn't a major injury.

Smartie
28-12-2018, 11:14 AM
Injury or no injury, I wouldn't be swapping Ryan Porteous for any other Scottish central defender at the moment.

He might not be the best, but I think he has the most potential right now.

BILLYHIBS
28-12-2018, 11:23 AM
So his value is zero because he'll be injured over the break? A dislocated knee isn't a major injury.
Agree but clubs want you to hit the ground running and he ain’t running anywhere???

MWHIBBIES
28-12-2018, 11:27 AM
Agree but clubs want you to hit the ground running and he ain’t running anywhere???

He was never leaving in this window anyway so it doesn't matter. Everyone wants us to sign Allan and he is weeks from fitness.

BILLYHIBS
28-12-2018, 11:56 AM
He was never leaving in this window anyway so it doesn't matter. Everyone wants us to sign Allan and he is weeks from fitness.
Agree