PDA

View Full Version : Team for Ibrox

Speedway
25-12-2018, 10:09 PM
Assuming the following are fit and giving that they pumped us a week ago in terms of chances created, I’d go:

Marciano

SDG
Ambrose
McGregor
Hanlon
Stevenson

Bartley
Slivka
Boyle

Kamberi
MacLaren

Bench:

Bogdan
Whittaker
Porteous
Milligan
Mallan
Horgan
Shaw

How would you line it up?

J-C
25-12-2018, 10:16 PM
We have to be tighter in the middle, we gave up too much possession last week, for me it should be 4-1-4-1

Bogdan

Gray
Efe
Porteous/McGregor
Stevenson

Milligan

Boyle
Slivka
Mallan
Horgan/Mackie

Kamberi

Boyle and either Horgan/Mackie should be charged to keep Rangers wingbacks busy, Tavernier in particular seen far too much of the ball last time out.

bingo70
25-12-2018, 10:18 PM
Bogdan

Efe
Daz
Porteous

Boyle
Lewis

Milligan
Slivka
Mallan

Kamberi
Mclaren

Hermit Crab
25-12-2018, 10:21 PM
Bogdan

Efe
Daz
Porteous

Boyle
Lewis

Milligan
Slivka
Mallan

Kamberi
Mclaren

Big Ryan is a cert for a red card tomorrow imo.

Milligan is well off form

MacLaren - see Milligan.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
25-12-2018, 10:29 PM
Bogdan

Gray
Ambrose
Porteous
Stevenson

Boyle
Slivka
Mallan
Hyndman
Horgan

Kamberi

southern hibby
25-12-2018, 10:38 PM
Play against them with the midfield packed and hit them on the break. First goal for me is crucial. Hibs get it our confidence will grow as it did with Celtic, first for them then it could be a bad day at the office.

GGTTH

villahibs
25-12-2018, 10:42 PM
Big Ryan is a cert for a red card tomorrow imo.

Milligan is well off form

MacLaren - see Milligan.

Absolutely 100%. Porteous is slowly becoming one of my favourite players but I wouldn’t let him anywhere near that team tomorrow. Stick on for a dodgy red for his first ‘firm but fair’ challenge.

hibbysam
25-12-2018, 10:47 PM
They struggle big time when teams sit in and break on them (see Sunday when they didn’t look like scoring for an hour, and could’ve been 2/3 down).

We came out last week and they sat in and broke on us which suits them to a tee.

4 at the back, flood the middle with a sitting midfielder, and Flo up top on his own.

Bogdan
Gray/Whittaker Ambrose Porteous Stevenson
Milligan
Boyle Mallan Slivka Mackie/Horgan
Kamberi

Deeds
25-12-2018, 11:03 PM
They did their homework on us, we just have to do the same and pump them!

Cod Boy
25-12-2018, 11:22 PM
Boyle and Allan up front

yonder1875
25-12-2018, 11:45 PM
Ryan’s injured, won’t play.

Glory Lurker
25-12-2018, 11:51 PM
I just want to see what Kamberi's role is (if any?).

#2 Double Tap
25-12-2018, 11:53 PM
-----------------marciano---------------
-----------------bogdaN-----------------
----------------------------------------
grey-------ambrose---porteous--stevenson
whittaker--mcgregor--hanlon-----mackie---
---------------------------------nelom----
-----------------bartley------------------
-----------------milligan------------------
-----------------------------------------
--------slivka-------------mallan---------
--------murray------------hyndman-------
boyle-----------------------------horgan
harry---------------------------agyepong
-----------------kamberi----------------
-----------------shaw-------------------
-----------------mclaren----------------

can play it wide 451 or switch to the 442 diamond, with horgan coming into the middle and boyle pushed forward as the 2nd striker.

ps. I am totally a FM god! haha

Inconsequential
26-12-2018, 01:05 AM
Even by hibs.net standards that is a (very) unique line-up. :agree:

BoomtownHibees
26-12-2018, 01:09 AM

can play it wide 451 or switch to the 442 diamond, with horgan coming into the middle and boyle pushed forward as the 2nd striker.

Don’t know if we will get away with playing 24 players. What is it, a 9-10-3 formation?

Brightside
26-12-2018, 01:18 AM
Hanlon reckons he is almost there. I’ll be surprised if he played. SDG will you’d think. We have to go 451. But who knows.

Brightside
26-12-2018, 01:20 AM
Bog

Gray. Efe Darren. Lewis.

Boyle. Hyndman. Milligan. Slivka. Horgan.

Kamberi.

shetlandhibee
26-12-2018, 02:23 AM
Bogdan

Gray
Ambrose
Porteous
Stevenson

Boyle
Slivka
Mallan
Hyndman
Horgan

Kamberi IMO that will be the closest , pos whittaker for gray if hes not ready :agree:

WeeRussell
26-12-2018, 03:35 AM
Bog

Gray. Efe Darren. Lewis.

Boyle. Hyndman. Milligan. Slivka. Horgan.

Kamberi.

Almost works for me - Bartley and Mallan get in my midfield though.

we are hibs
26-12-2018, 08:31 AM
I thought Bartley was out until next year?

18Craig75
26-12-2018, 08:41 AM
Assuming Gray and Hanlon are back fit:

Bogdan

Ambrose
Porteous
Hanlon

Gray
Mallan
Milligan
Slivka
Stevenson

Kamberi
McLaren

Whilst 3-5-2 hasn’t worked for us this season, tomorrow could be the first time we actually have the players suited to that formation.

We surrendered too much possession to them at home, I think Gerrard actually implemented tactics that stopped us being able to play how we did against Celtic.

The onus will be on them to attack at home, would like to see us keep it tight but counter attack with numbers.

Lennon has basically thrown down the gauntlet to Kamberi and McLaren, so let’s see them answer him back in the best possible way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

allmodcons
26-12-2018, 09:20 AM

Bogdan

Ambrose
Porteous
Hanlon

Gray
Mallan
Milligan
Slivka
Stevenson

Kamberi
McLaren

Whilst 3-5-2 hasn’t worked for us this season, tomorrow could be the first time we actually have the players suited to that formation.

We surrendered too much possession to them at home, I think Gerrard actually implemented tactics that stopped us being able to play how we did against Celtic.

The onus will be on them to attack at home, would like to see us keep it tight but counter attack with numbers.

Lennon has basically thrown down the gauntlet to Kamberi and McLaren, so let’s see them answer him back in the best possible way.

That's a decent side but would be a major surprise to see Gray and Hanlon make return to first team action today.

Also, a counter attacking team with no place for Boyle ??

allmodcons
26-12-2018, 09:23 AM
They struggle big time when teams sit in and break on them (see Sunday when they didn’t look like scoring for an hour, and could’ve been 2/3 down).

We came out last week and they sat in and broke on us which suits them to a tee.

4 at the back, flood the middle with a sitting midfielder, and Flo up top on his own.

Bogdan
Gray/Whittaker Ambrose Porteous Stevenson
Milligan
Boyle Mallan Slivka Mackie/Horgan
Kamberi

This for me. 4-1-4-1 with some pace on the flanks to counter attack.

Ronniekirk
26-12-2018, 09:27 AM

Bogdan

Ambrose
Porteous
Hanlon

Gray
Mallan
Milligan
Slivka
Stevenson

Kamberi
McLaren

Would. be Madness to bring back two players who have had long term injuries in the same crucial game imo Given how Rangers overran us at times at Easterroad we need match fit players for this o e Also we need a performance from Boyle before he goes away with Australia so let him run himself into the Ground Key player for this one

18Craig75
26-12-2018, 09:30 AM
That's a decent side but would be a major surprise to see Gray and Hanlon make return to first team action today.

Also, a counter attacking team with no place for Boyle ??

I see what you’re saying, but for me Boyle has been off the pace recently.

Great option to come from the bench though.

18Craig75
26-12-2018, 09:31 AM
Would. be Madness to bring back two players who have had long term injuries in the same crucial game imo Given how Rangers overran us at times at Easterroad we need match fit players for this o e Also we need a performance from Boyle before he goes away with Australia so let him run himself into the Ground Key player for this one

They’re not just any players though. Our captain and vice captain, arguably our most influential players. They’ve apparently been training for the last couple of weeks, Gray was on the bench against Livingston so should be fit enough.

Borderhibbie76
26-12-2018, 09:37 AM
Boyle and Allan up frontAllan?? Please God no should never be near the first team again...not good enough .

Gotta be Kamberi and Boyle or Shaw for me

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

IDHibs
26-12-2018, 09:40 AM
i'd be tempted to go 4-4-2 with efe at RB and boyler wide right.... Efe was blinding against Livi' and would supply a barrowload of ball for Boyle, As for the rest of the team i haven't a scoobie, other than Lewi back left, and Mackie on the left wing area

Ronniekirk
26-12-2018, 09:43 AM
They’re not just any players though. Our captain and vice captain, arguably our most influential players. They’ve apparently been training for the last couple of weeks, Gray was on the bench against Livingston so should be fit enough.

Lennons call just think to fling both in is a risk When Hanlon last came back into team his lack of game time seemed to lead to a few mistakes I know RNgers were wasteful in front of goal at Easter Rd but can't see them misfiring to the same extent again We rode our luck in that one
Gray was in Killie Squad and pulled out the morning of the game
We are constantly having players injured just now so just think it's too big a risk to play them both if we are looking to take something from the game Would like to see Gray get some game time with the Derby in mind We have been keeping clean sheets without Hanlon
Gray was scoring for fun and would be good to have that in our locker He also likes a goal v Rangers

danhibees1875
26-12-2018, 09:48 AM
A little unorthodox, but Gray has played on the right of a back 3 before and it would allow him to come back without having to run the line all game.

Bogdan
Gray Ambrose Porteous
Boyle Mallan Milligan Slivka Stevenson
Kamberi Maclaren

Or a 4-5-1 with a wide left player (Mackie or Horgan) in for Maclaren - I just thought 1 up top looked a little isolated.

18Craig75
26-12-2018, 09:49 AM
Lennons call just think to fling both in is a risk When Hanlon last came back into team his lack of game time seemed to lead to a few mistakes I know RNgers were wasteful in front of goal at Easter Rd but can't see them misfiring to the same extent again We rode our luck in that one
Gray was in Killie Squad and pulled out the morning of the game
We are constantly having players injured just now so just think it's too big a risk to play them both if we are looking to take something from the game Would like to see Gray get some game time with the Derby in mind We have been keeping clean sheets without Hanlon
Gray was scoring for fun and would be good to have that in our locker He also likes a goal v Rangers

Agree re Hanlon - he wasn’t up to speed last time. I just feel like 3-5-2 will suit us most against Rangers, but it doesn’t really work without Hanlon playing on the left of a back 3.

Brightside
26-12-2018, 10:31 AM
Almost works for me - Bartley and Mallan get in my midfield though.

both injured i think... i wouldn't be playing milligan through choice.

Blaster
26-12-2018, 10:38 AM
If not going to play gray due to match fitness, when they heck are we going to play him? If he doesn’t play today then same argument goes for Saturday

Start him and see how he is after an hour. If blowing out his backside then bring Whitaker on.

J-C
26-12-2018, 10:42 AM
Intersting to ser a good few on here wanting to go 3-5-2 when weve been rank rotten this season playing that way. Keep it simple and straightforward play 4-1-4-1 with Boyle and Horgan on either wing and hit them on the counter.

allmodcons
26-12-2018, 11:00 AM
I see what you’re saying, but for me Boyle has been off the pace recently.

Great option to come from the bench though.

Boyle played well against Livingston.

IDHibs
26-12-2018, 11:04 AM
Boyle played well against Livingston.

in patches ...Boyle needs to be fed constantly then he is well up for it. He will create something over 90 mins no doubt

Diclonius
26-12-2018, 11:07 AM

Yup, I reckon we could get a win with that one.

we are hibs
26-12-2018, 11:11 AM
If not going to play gray due to match fitness, when they heck are we going to play him? If he doesn’t play today then same argument goes for Saturday

Start him and see how he is after an hour. If blowing out his backside then bring Whitaker on.

I reckon Gray will come on and get minutes under his belt then start the derby.

Boyle and Horgan out wide and staying out wide (especially horgan) could get us something today. We need to use our pace and make sure we take our chances

Captain Trips
26-12-2018, 11:48 AM
Our current form of up and down suggests another 3-0 at Ibrox for us is on cards.

IDHibs
26-12-2018, 11:52 AM
Our current form of up and down suggests another 3-0 at Ibrox for us is on cards.

love your optimism .... misplaced as it may be. i go 1-1

Hibernian Verse
26-12-2018, 12:03 PM
I just hope he goes with something tried and tested. Last thing I need on this hangover is a shocking team selection, a pumping and a pie skudded across my puss by the local friendly Neanderthals.

Allant1981
26-12-2018, 12:37 PM
Bogdan
Gray
Ambrose
Porteous
Stevenson
Boyle
Milligan
Slivka
Hyndman
Horgan
Kamberi

SChibs
26-12-2018, 12:40 PM
Maclaren
Porteous Ambrose Mallan Nelom
Kamberi Hyndman
Stokes Bogdan Gallantes
Petrie

Is there any point in guessing the team these days? It seems as of its picked at random most weeks

IDHibs
26-12-2018, 12:48 PM
Maclaren
Porteous Ambrose Mallan Nelom
Kamberi Hyndman
Stokes Bogdan Gallantes
Petrie

Is there any point in guessing the team these days? It seems as of its picked at random most weeks

can i have some e of your green

Borderhibbie76
26-12-2018, 12:57 PM
Boyle played well against Livingston.For about 10 mins in the 2nd half ...other than that he was very poor

Hibees1973
26-12-2018, 01:24 PM
Bogdan

Gray Ambrose Porteous Stevenson

Mallan Milligan

Boyle Hyndman Horgan

Kamberi

Hibees1973
26-12-2018, 01:26 PM
Hopefully a smash and grab show today.....would be amazed if Morelos does not score. Would be delighted with a draw.

JimBHibees
26-12-2018, 01:29 PM
For about 10 mins in the 2nd half ...other than that he was very poor

No way could he be described as very poor.. He was playing against a team that are well organised.

st3vie
26-12-2018, 01:31 PM

I think Neil had 442 in mind when bringing in players in the last window. I like that formation and also the unique set up you have used by listing all the players, it shows we have cover everywhere and a strong squad when everyone is fit.

superfurryhibby
26-12-2018, 01:36 PM
For about 10 mins in the 2nd half ...other than that he was very poor

He wasn’t poor. Our only player able to carry the ball into dangerous areas. The other players aren’t able to effectively use the space he creates.

Borderhibbie76
26-12-2018, 01:38 PM
He wasn’t poor. Our only player able to carry the ball into dangerous areas. The other players aren’t able to effectively use the space he creates.He created the pen and had 1 mazy run after that...other than that what else did he contribute??

I like Boyle but he gets a real easy ride compared to a lot in our team from the fans and the manager.

I personally think he's been poor this season compared to last- just my opinion

Blaster
26-12-2018, 01:42 PM
He created the pen and had 1 mazy run after that...other than that what else did he contribute??

I like Boyle but he gets a real easy ride compared to a lot in our team from the fans and the manager.

I personally think he's been poor this season compared to last- just my opinion

A cracking save by the keeper first half

A few mazy runs in the first half too but final ball wasn’t great

I agree he’s not played as well as expected but poor is harsh I think