PDA

View Full Version : Dr Football's losing the plot

G B Young
24-12-2018, 02:05 PM
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/46672710

Looks like the pressure's getting to Potter as the yams tumble down the league.

I never did think the all new 'good laugh' persona he tried to adopt this season rang true. Good to see the old sore loser Levein back these days.

1van Sprou7e
24-12-2018, 02:19 PM
Absolute weapon, take great pleasure in watching him fail

Billy Whizz
24-12-2018, 02:21 PM
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/46672710

Looks like the pressure's getting to Potter as the yams tumble down the league.

I never did think the all new 'good laugh' persona he tried to adopt this season rang true. Good to see the old sore loser Levein back these days.

Tells the press about a private conversation he had with Derek. Bell of a person

Keyser Sauzee
24-12-2018, 02:24 PM
Tbf McInnes is a welt as well, the pair of them are always moaning.

lapsedhibee
24-12-2018, 02:33 PM
"I would hate to look back on all of the things that have happened this season and count up the points that we could have had or should have had"

Coulda, shoulda, MITA.

The Harp Awakes
24-12-2018, 02:37 PM
Levein is definitely feeling the pressure. If they lose to Hibs on Saturday I think his head might just explode.

Hopefully for once in a derby we'll get some dodgy decisions going in our favour, which would make the seethe all the sweeter.

IGRIGI
24-12-2018, 02:38 PM
Good to see Harry Bottler's mask has well and truly slipped.

Keith_M
24-12-2018, 03:44 PM
As one who wished him well during his illness, can I just say that I'm delighted to see he's finally back to normal.

Welcome back, Mr B Negative!

:aok:

jacomo
24-12-2018, 04:07 PM
As one who wished him well during his illness, can I just say that I'm delighted to see he's finally back to normal.

Welcome back, Mr B Negative!

:aok:

I think we all wished him well and are glad to see him back to normal!

McD
24-12-2018, 05:03 PM
"I would hate to look back on all of the things that have happened this season and count up the points that we could have had or should have had"

Coulda, shoulda, MITA.

He doesn’t need to look back, every match that’s not a hearts win, he’s straight out to the tv, radio and press telling the world that his team were robbed, poor decisions, refs got it wrong, etc etc.

even when they were walloped by livi, he said they (hearts) were poor, but it wasn’t a red card, wasn’t a booking in either case, penalty was a bit soft, yadda yadda

JeMeSouviens
24-12-2018, 05:07 PM

Coulda, shoulda, MITA.

See what you did there. :wink:

The 90+2
24-12-2018, 05:10 PM
He really really really can’t take it. He’s a bad loser and a welt of a winner (not that he’s won much). Imagine going on about other managers crying down the phone to him what an actual dick. It’s sounss the beginning of the end for him in football and he’s under severe pressure. One last Scottish Cup defeat away from ending his career in the game having won nothing but the accolade of being one of the most negative Scotland managers ever.

GRA
24-12-2018, 05:55 PM
Levein is definitely feeling the pressure. If they lose to Hibs on Saturday I think his head might just explode.

Hopefully for once in a derby we'll get some dodgy decisions going in our favour, which would make the seethe all the sweeter.Definitely due a few dodgy decisions in a derby game to even out some of the abysmal ones given against us in the last decade alone..

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

neil7908
24-12-2018, 06:39 PM
We really need to give them a doing in the derby

Eyrie
24-12-2018, 07:07 PM
I might take Levein's comments about bad refereeing seriously if he'd been honest about Shaw's goal at the Tiny PBS last season. But all he could do was s******.

Famous Fiver
24-12-2018, 07:17 PM
I take issue with the title of this thread.

It should be Dr Football has lost the plot.

He lost it on a glorious day in Dundee in 1986. He has been irrelevant ever since.

Joe6-2
24-12-2018, 07:42 PM
What a di*khead, especially trying to back Naismith, he's a little sneak, dirty bassa

Weegreenman
24-12-2018, 08:08 PM
Comedy gold from Potter right there :agree:

jakedance
24-12-2018, 08:14 PM
I don't usually dislike anyone just because they work for one of our rivals and, especially at this time of year it's important to put our differences aside and offer some hearty Christmas cheer, but Craig Levein is a knob.

McD
24-12-2018, 09:40 PM
I might take Levein's comments about bad refereeing seriously if he'd been honest about Shaw's goal at the Tiny PBS last season. But all he could do was s******.

Nail, head

but as is his usual pattern, he only complains about decisions against his team, even when they are correct, and wants to be smug and smart arsed about decisions that go for his team. He’s a welt

Barney McGrew
24-12-2018, 09:58 PM
Mikey Stewart is busy digging Potter out on Twitter tonight.

Highly amusing :tee hee:

Bishop Hibee
24-12-2018, 10:23 PM
Just saw that. Don’t think they exchanged Christmas cards 😀

Hi Heid Yin
24-12-2018, 10:24 PM
There's something reassuring about Craig Levein, he's kind of like an old tradition that we all look forward to loathing and loving at the same time ...and what better time of year to look upon his "Bah humbug" face than at Christmas.....Ebeneezer Scrooge would be proud. :jamboclow

Tornadoes70
24-12-2018, 10:34 PM
Tells the press about a private conversation he had with Derek. Bell of a person

Complete Roaster.

Who from now on would feel able to take him into their confidence?

Plus as an earlier poster stated he failed to truthfully comment upon Shaw's goal that was blatantly wrongfully disallowed.

His side are for me 'the' dirtiest swines in the league and escape rightful punishments every week from weak referee's.

Mon the Cabbage!!!

Phil MaGlass
25-12-2018, 11:10 AM

very first thing I thought and the guy is so full of himself its amazing.
Hes right about the refs though, they are pish

Hibbyradge
25-12-2018, 11:59 AM
“This is the same Craig Levein that PHONED Derek McInnes three weeks ago crying his eyes out about decisions against his side and wanted Derek to help sort something out”

Amazing distortion 👇🏻 https://t.co/Pb8oQqVhiU

Ryan69
25-12-2018, 08:12 PM
I take issue with the title of this thread.

It should be Dr Football has lost the plot.

He lost it on a glorious day in Dundee in 1986. He has been irrelevant ever since.

He didnt play on that glorious day...bottled it.

bodhibs
25-12-2018, 11:24 PM
The saddest of despicable creatures desperately clinging onto any final chance of a medal. Not to be craigie boy, forever an also ran. 4-6-0 ya delusional roaster. Natural Order.

PatHead
26-12-2018, 05:19 PM
Wonder if he will complain about the soft penalty today? BBC didn't seem to know what it was for.

Dashing Bob S
26-12-2018, 05:28 PM
He’s a fud

cabbageandribs1875
26-12-2018, 05:42 PM
michael stewart, and others, just slating LeVain as being very childish, what an embarrassment of a human being LeVain truly is

SideBurns
26-12-2018, 05:44 PM
Mikey Stewart hits his target again. Levein must be difficult to like or respect amongst his contemporaries.

G B Young
26-12-2018, 08:16 PM
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/46686779

McInnes sets the record straight, but Levein retorts with yet more infantile name-calling. This guy is an erse of the very highest order. Always has been.

Jack Hackett
26-12-2018, 08:30 PM

McInnes sets the record straight, but Levein retorts with yet more infantile name-calling. This guy is an erse of the very highest order. Always has been.

Bluster and outright denial are always the best defence when caught in a lie :rolleyes:

McrHibee
26-12-2018, 08:43 PM
He really is the gift that keeps on giving... and all in the run-up to an away derby. In a few days, he'll either think he's the messiah once again or will be found floating down the River Forth.
Despite being such an odious character, I really do find it hard to hate someone who makes me laugh so much. Just pity really.

Deansy
27-12-2018, 01:14 AM
Potter's not immune to the syndrome that afflicts all at the PBS, whether it be employee or fan - 'Spiteful, Nasty, Cowardly little Brat' syndrome ! Just watched a clip on BBC Scot Football, all about howlers/mistakes from Scottish Football throughout season 2018. As the title says, it's all about 'Human Error' or just plain bad luck - except the one that stands out at 01:15. The 'man' Christophe Berra, captain of Hearts FC - trying to get a BALL-BOY into trouble because he feels the laddie threw the ball back at him just a little too nastily ........
The Scottish Premiership moments that made you laugh & cry in 2018https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/av/football/46666470

Just typifies everything jambo !

Tornadoes70
27-12-2018, 01:29 AM
Hope he's wearing his blue hun coat when beaten again on Saturday.

Hun loser cretin.

Well done to DM for fighting back and calling the hun out.

Mon the Cabbage!!!

:flag:

Baader
27-12-2018, 09:02 AM
Good to see him getting back to himself after that early season blip when they were undefeated. Reverting to type now.

Moulin Yarns
27-12-2018, 09:17 AM
He really is the gift that keeps on giving... and all in the run-up to an away derby. In a few days, he'll either think he's the messiah once again or will be found floating down the River Forth.
Despite being such an odious character, I really do find it hard to hate someone who makes me laugh so much. Just pity really.

I think the bit I highlighted in yellow is in very poor taste. At this time of year there is an increase in people suffering with that a possible outcome. please edit your post.

Bostonhibby
27-12-2018, 09:25 AM
Despite being such an odious character, I really do find it hard to hate someone who makes me laugh so much. Just pity really.[emoji106]

Certainly don't want him sacked, they might get someone in who can actually achieve something with all that money.

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

G B Young
27-12-2018, 11:15 AM

Odious is the word. There's something deeply unpleasant about him when you watch that interview. A kind of cold, reptilian aura.

'As far as I'm concerned it's done' he says, as if to imply HE has brought things to a mature conclusion when in fact the whole fracas was of his own making. What a fud.

Bostonhibby
27-12-2018, 11:37 AM
Odious is the word. There's something deeply unpleasant about him when you watch that interview. A kind of cold, reptilian aura.

'As far as I'm concerned it's done' he says, as if to imply HE has brought things to a mature conclusion when in fact the whole fracas was of his own making. What a fud.Top roaster, he's the roasters favourite roaster.

It's in our hands though. Beat them and watch his reaction.

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

Carheenlea
27-12-2018, 11:43 AM
He really is an oddball. You’d think after his health scare where he received the warmest of goodwill from fans and staff from clubs all over the country including his deepest rivals, the guy might have taken time to reflect on that during his period of recuperation and make a concious effort to be less obnoxious and reciprocate some of that goodwill.
He obviously revels in being unpopular and having few friends in the game. The guy is simply a grade A cock.

27-12-2018, 12:08 PM

Pantomime season is in full swing. I see in the text underneath the clip he called McInnes a "d*ck". Ha ha ha, he can talk, it takes one to know one.

Whilst I'd love us to hammer them on Saturday, I don't want Levein to be sacked just yet because he's creating loads of entertainment. A 1 or 2 goal victory will do me fine and if a couple of key decisions go our way then even better.

The pre-match press conferences will be interesting, I expect the "journalists" to try and bring Lennon into the Levein/McInnes thing by asking his opinion but hopefully he doesn't get involved. No doubt they'll be trying to get Levein to have a go at Lennon.

Lemonade
27-12-2018, 12:24 PM
He’s one of those people who likes to be disliked .
Why lie about who phoned who ?
His family must cringe when he is on the tv.

pollution
27-12-2018, 12:27 PM
He really is an oddball. You’d think after his health scare where he received the warmest of goodwill from fans and staff from clubs all over the country including his deepest rivals, the guy might have taken time to reflect on that during his period of recuperation and make a concious effort to be less obnoxious and reciprocate some of that goodwill.
He obviously revels in being unpopular and having few friends in the game. The guy is simply a grade A cock.

Spot on. He seems to have thrown the goodwill back into our collective faces!

You would think he would take things easy and concentrate on his team only but he has shown his true colours.

oldbutdim
27-12-2018, 12:36 PM
He’s one of those people who likes to be disliked .
Why lie about who phoned who ?
His family must cringe when he is on the tv.

He is pretty unpopular with his wider family too - one of them is an old pal of mine. Describes his behaviour at 'family events' as being 'just plain ignorant'.

Billy Whizz
27-12-2018, 03:23 PM
Just watched Hearts v Hamilton highlights on BBC website. Djoun makes a shocking challenge on Imrie, over the top and red card all day, but doesn’t even get booked. The penalty decision against Gordon is an absolute joke.
How Potter can even complain about refs after what his side got yesterday

Iggy Pope
27-12-2018, 08:17 PM
He is pretty unpopular with his wider family too - one of them is an old pal of mine. Describes his behaviour at 'family events' as being 'just plain ignorant'.

Probably got fewer well wishes from them than he did from the pandering amongst us.
Hopefully he’s working his way fast to another health check soon.

Skol
27-12-2018, 08:40 PM
Just watched Hearts v Hamilton highlights on BBC website. Djoun makes a shocking challenge on Imrie, over the top and red card all day, but doesn’t even get booked. The penalty decision against Gordon is an absolute joke.
How Potter can even complain about refs after what his side got yesterday

Apparently that soft penalty doesnt count as they were ahead already and its against hamilton

Alex Trager
27-12-2018, 08:51 PM
Probably got fewer well wishes from them than he did from the pandering amongst us.
Hopefully he’s working his way fast to another health check soon.

Aye putting aside rivalries and wishing a guy a recovery is pandering.

Grow up.

Hibees1973
27-12-2018, 09:29 PM
Hope he's wearing his blue hun coat when beaten again on Saturday.

Hun loser cretin.

Well done to DM for fighting back and calling the hun out.

Mon the Cabbage!!!

:flag:

Recently he has appeared in a big black coat.....to match his demeanour.

SirDavidsNapper
27-12-2018, 10:34 PM
Quite embarrassing watching Levein pick fights with Lennon, McInnes, Rodgers etc all of whom have won multiple honours as players and/or managers. Complete lack of respect for his superiors and a desperate attempt to appear relevant. Surprised McInnes lowered himself to be honest.

Onion
28-12-2018, 07:55 AM

Exactly. Normally a chance to reflect on what's important in life, and for a few days Levein seemed to have got the message. But didn't take long for the chip-on-the-shoulder, bitter, fan-boy to resurface.

Craig has always tried to portray himself as some kind of "thinking man's" manager, invariably better than his counter-part. In reality, he's little better than the average Hearts fud, obsessed with Hibs, with an itch he cannot scratch :thumbsup:

Callyballybe
28-12-2018, 12:29 PM
"Is that the best he can do?" & "If that is his best retort, then all day long I'm happy with that."

I guess the irony is lost on Levein that these two quotes are perfect examples of what McInnes has actually accused him of being - Irrational and immature.

Whether it's Lennon, Rodgers or McInnes talking, you may not agree with what they say, but at least they have a sense of how a manager is meant to act. Levein will always be on the 'outside, looking in' on these guys. What's worse, he knows it too. Hence the constant drive to be seen as witty or intelligent, when he's quite obviously neither of these things.

Elephant Stone
28-12-2018, 12:36 PM
He's an absolute manchild. A creepy one at that, makes my skin crawl. Delighted he's got nothing to do with Hibs.

bingo70
28-12-2018, 12:37 PM
"Is that the best he can do?" & "If that is his best retort, then all day long I'm happy with that."

I guess the irony is lost on Levein that these two quotes are perfect examples of what McInnes has actually accused him of being - Irrational and immature.

Whether it's Lennon, Rodgers or McInnes talking, you may not agree with what they say, but at least they have a sense of how a manager is meant to act. Levein will always be on the 'outside, looking in' on these guys. What's worse, he knows it too. Hence the constant drive to be seen as witty or intelligent, when he's quite obviously neither of these things.

It's embarrassing for him, if that was the Hibs manager behaving in such a way i'd be less than happy. I know Lennon isn't perfect but the only time i think he has taken things too far with another manager was Jim Duffy, even then though at least that stemmed from a heat of the moment incident that involved a shocking tackle on one of our players. Levein has made a calculated decision to act like a child and fall out with people.

It's clearly a tactic to distract people from their poor form, that'll only last for so long though, Hearts fans are already starting to see him for what he is and i doubt he'll still be there at the end of the season.

WhileTheChief..
28-12-2018, 12:51 PM
Levein is under huge pressure and knows it.

This will be his last job in football probably and I doubt it will end in a positive manner for him.

He will do whatever he can to keep the Hearts fans on side. He knows he’s safe with Budge until the fans turn on her, then he’s out.

So he will pick a fight with anyone, kinda like Rangers usually do, in the hope that no one notices his team is crap.

Half the Hearts fans appear to want rid of him already but they rally behind him when things like this happen.

He can only do it for so long though. Once they drop into the bottom six the Hearts fans will begin to see through it and eventually Budge will have to deal with him.

Edit just realised I’ve basically repeated the post above mine. Sorry.

Iggy Pope
28-12-2018, 12:51 PM
Aye putting aside rivalries and wishing a guy a recovery is pandering.

Grow up.

He's getting annihilated all over this thread and elsewhere and is tremendously disliked.
Why would anyone wish him well?

Fud.

Alex Trager
28-12-2018, 12:56 PM
He's getting annihilated all over this thread and elsewhere and is tremendously disliked.
Why would anyone wish him well?

Fud.

Are there others wishing him a speedy return to the hospital?
I stopped reading the thread after I read your abomination of a comment.

Up until that point I am quite certain no one else had said something like you had.

It’s just pathetic. I wouldn’t wish anyone ill health. Especially someone I don’t know.

He is an ********. There is no doubt. I wish him no success in the game. It stops there. You stay classy though

Iggy Pope
28-12-2018, 01:05 PM
Are there others wishing him a speedy return to the hospital?
I stopped reading the thread after I read your abomination of a comment.

Up until that point I am quite certain no one else had said something like you had.

It’s just pathetic. I wouldn’t wish anyone ill health. Especially someone I don’t know.

He is an ********. There is no doubt. I wish him no success in the game. It stops there. You stay classy though

And you keep the high ground.

G B Young
28-12-2018, 02:30 PM
Levein is under huge pressure and knows it.

This will be his last job in football probably and I doubt it will end in a positive manner for him.

He will do whatever he can to keep the Hearts fans on side. He knows he’s safe with Budge until the fans turn on her, then he’s out.

So he will pick a fight with anyone, kinda like Rangers usually do, in the hope that no one notices his team is crap.

Half the Hearts fans appear to want rid of him already but they rally behind him when things like this happen.

He can only do it for so long though. Once they drop into the bottom six the Hearts fans will begin to see through it and eventually Budge will have to deal with him.

Edit just realised I’ve basically repeated the post above mine. Sorry.

Even if rumours about the closeness of their relationship are nothing more than gossip, you're right - it's hard to imagine she would ever sack him. By her own admission she only got into football relatively late in life when her daughter took her along to a game so I'd imagine Levein has capitalised on her naivety and managed to convince her he's indispensable.

bingo70
28-12-2018, 03:07 PM
Even if rumours about the closeness of their relationship are nothing more than gossip, you're right - it's hard to imagine she would ever sack him. By her own admission she only got into football relatively late in life when her daughter took her along to a game so I'd imagine Levein has capitalised on her naivety and managed to convince her he's indispensable.

When it's time for Levein to leave as manager he'll stay with the club and just move back to what he was doing before.

Managing from a distance without the responsibility and leaving someone else to get the blame when things go wrong.

That's his way.

Sioux
28-12-2018, 08:06 PM
When it's time for Levein to leave as manager he'll stay with the club and just move back to what he was doing before.

Managing from a distance without the responsibility and leaving someone else to get the blame when things go wrong.

That's his way.

It won't be his decision though.