PDA

View Full Version : "Strikers not working hard enough"

IDHibs
23-12-2018, 04:50 PM
Not my words but those of Lenny. Worked for Simon Murray didn't it? Lenny is body swerving and abdicating responsibility at every conceivable opportunity. I been around a fair bit and i know when someone is putting a shift in and Murray did that 100%, plus he knows where the onion bag is.

I like Lenny and a lot of what he has brought to the team, but have a word. He needs to look inside himself and get back the character and elements that we love in him.

Hibbyradge
23-12-2018, 04:57 PM
http://www.hibs.net/showthread.php?336261-Ripping-into-Flo%92-and-warning-him-about-being-shown-the-door&p=5639902#post5639902

IDHibs
23-12-2018, 05:03 PM
So, here we have a thread title suggesting lets talk about our strikers not working hard enough, but really it is "click bait" and yet another attack on Neil Lennon.
:rolleyes:

Try reading my post objectively... i beggared the question "where did it get Simon Murray" i then voiced my admiration for Lenny and what he has brought to the club/team...

Lennons comments and his selling of one of the HARDEST working strikers i have seen at ER in a long time are a total contradiction. Think about it

IDHibs
23-12-2018, 05:14 PM
It's still yet another attack on our manager!

As for Simon Murray, I actually liked the guy and referred to him as our "duracell bunny"....He offered enthusiasm and hgh octane performances but, sadly and too often, with little end product. His goal rush came in the early rounds of the league cup against mostly "minnows", but in the cut and thrust of the SPL, he was found wanting and thus Neil Lennon moved him on.

OK you win. i can't be ersed with you. Carry on while i relive Murrays stonker against the minnows from the other side...

PercyHibs
23-12-2018, 05:19 PM
Not my words but those of Lenny. Worked for Simon Murray didn't it? Lenny is body swerving and abdicating responsibility at every conceivable opportunity. I been around a fair bit and i know when someone is putting a shift in and Murray did that 100%, plus he knows where the onion bag is.

I like Lenny and a lot of what he has brought to the team, but have a word. He needs to look inside himself and get back the character and elements that we love in him.

But Murray doesn’t have half the ability Kamberi does. That’s why Kamberi is at the club and Murray isn’t. Kamberis not working hard enough. It’s obvious. He was everywhere 2nd half of last season, fighting for every ball and getting infront of defenders. He’s just not doing it at then moment.

wookie70
23-12-2018, 05:38 PM
It's still yet another attack on our manager!

As for Simon Murray, I actually liked the guy and referred to him as our "duracell bunny"....He offered enthusiasm and hgh octane performances but, sadly and too often, with little end product. His goal rush came in the early rounds of the league cup against mostly "minnows", but in the cut and thrust of the SPL, he was found wanting and thus Neil Lennon moved him on.

Simon M also scored against Hearts, The Rangers and Killie as well as another 5 goals in the top league. Flo is a goal every 2 games(including 3 pens) in the top league and Murray was a goal every 3(only 1 pen). Shaw scores a goal every 160 minutes in the top league and hasn't taken a penalty. In terms of output Shaw has a brilliant return. I doubt we will get as good as Simon Murray for as little money as we got and I am very dubious about Neil Lennon's ability to get better than Flo and MacLaren. If I was a striker I would look elsewhere if the money was similar given his comments on Flo, MacLaren, Shaw Murray and Stokes. When you have difficulty with such a wide range of players in terms of age, attitude, ability and experience perhaps it is the manager and not the strikers that is the issue.

The Green Goblin
23-12-2018, 06:55 PM
I been around a fair bit and i know when someone is putting a shift in and Murray did that 100%, plus he knows where the onion bag is. .

Have you “been places” and “done things”? Reminds me of something...just can’t quite remember what. 🤔

Future17
23-12-2018, 07:00 PM

Did Lennon accuse Simon Murray of not working hard enough??

Smartie
23-12-2018, 07:12 PM
I did think during the second half yesterday that when our man had the ball he often didn't have many options, in all areas of the park. I don't think that's just down to strikers not working hard enough but I'm not convinced the whole team worked hard enough off the ball. Boyle for one sparked into life whenever he got the ball, but was largely disinterested when he didn't have it. Livingston pressed us well, but there was more to it than that, and it is worrying how inept we look when teams get stuck into us.

It's funny how our best performance in ages came against the best team in the league who were utterly complacent and gave us all the space we wanted in order to play.

Captain Trips
23-12-2018, 07:52 PM
There are lots of players not doing enough and if they are doing enough then they are not good enough.

Along with strikers, midfielders and some defenders NL has made a few errors. There are lots of factors at play and when all combined you end up well below we're you want to be.

Hi Heid Yin
23-12-2018, 07:55 PM
There are lots of players not doing enough and if they are doing enough then they are not good enough.

Along with strikers, midfielders and some defenders NL has made a few errors. There are lots of factors at play and when all combined you end up well below we're you want to be.

I agree. :agree::agree:

Bostonhibby
23-12-2018, 07:59 PM

I like Lenny and a lot of what he has brought to the team, but have a word. He needs to look inside himself and get back the character and elements that we love in him.Where have you been around?

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

Waxy
23-12-2018, 08:10 PM
The whole club needs to wipe the slate clean here and start pulling in the same direction aiming upwards. Time for everyone at the club to shape up because we’re not playing to potential. That can’t go on forever.

Hi Heid Yin
23-12-2018, 08:12 PM
Try reading my post objectively... i beggared the question "where did it get Simon Murray" i then voiced my admiration for Lenny and what he has brought to the club/team...

Lennons comments and his selling of one of the HARDEST working strikers i have seen at ER in a long time are a total contradiction. Think about it

Fair do's.

I apologise for my other posts.

I can see where you are coming from now.

I've become very defensive recently of our Lenny as he has been slaughtered by a hard core of persistent posters.

I will now remove my "offending" posts.

IDHibs
23-12-2018, 08:54 PM
Did Lennon accuse Simon Murray of not working hard enough??

jeez when does a pile of idiocy become a mountain. read the thread. he never accused Murray of being idle or lazy BuT he shipped him anyways.

IDHibs
23-12-2018, 09:15 PM
Fair do's.

I apologise for my other posts.

I can see where you are coming from now.

I've become very defensive recently of our Lenny as he has been slaughtered by a hard core of persistent posters.

I will now remove my "offending" posts.

:aok: GGTTH

The_Horde
23-12-2018, 09:29 PM

There's a big difference between hard work being your only asset and hard work being the component a player needs to show his other qualities.

Murray works hard but is pish.

No contradiction at all.

hibbydog
23-12-2018, 09:33 PM
Simon M also scored against Hearts, The Rangers and Killie as well as another 5 goals in the top league. Flo is a goal every 2 games(including 3 pens) in the top league and Murray was a goal every 3(only 1 pen). Shaw scores a goal every 160 minutes in the top league and hasn't taken a penalty. In terms of output Shaw has a brilliant return. I doubt we will get as good as Simon Murray for as little money as we got and I am very dubious about Neil Lennon's ability to get better than Flo and MacLaren. If I was a striker I would look elsewhere if the money was similar given his comments on Flo, MacLaren, Shaw Murray and Stokes. When you have difficulty with such a wide range of players in terms of age, attitude, ability and experience perhaps it is the manager and not the strikers that is the issue.

That’s an interesting point about other strikers looking in and thinking...nah.

I’m all for being tough on underperforming players, but slating them so publicly can’t be good for lots of reasons.

See where it got terry Butcher too

Hi Heid Yin
23-12-2018, 10:36 PM
:aok: GGTTH

:wink: Have a good xmas bud.

Bangkok Hibby
25-12-2018, 04:28 AM
:wink: Have a good xmas bud.

I haven't been a member all that long but really glad I found this forum. Ive seen people talking utter crap (myself included) and being called to task when required. One thing that stands out though is a common love of Hibs and a willingness (mostly) to find common ground. Long may it continue. Happy Xmas everyone GGTTH

eastcoasthibby
25-12-2018, 06:33 AM
I agree that our forwards dont work hard enough, it can be seen when they are not coming off defenders sharp enough to get the ball or offer for it. They are static in movement to make runs in behind, they dont work hard enough to protect the ball when they get it, its often too easily taken off them. The part.about shutting defenders.down, I am not going to lay the blame with them, as unless midfield in particular dont also work hard then they will chase shadows.
The Aberdeen cup game and Celtic game are the only times I can say that the whole team has worked collectively hard enough.
When we have played with Boyle, Horgan, Shaw, Kamberi, Mallan and to an extent Hyndman we are weakened massivy in a defensive sense, because its too many players that dont hard enough work to get into the game offensively and defensively.
I think its wrong the forwards get all the stick, but they.need.to work harder and stop being as selfish. The.midfield fir me remains the crux of our problem, as we dont have the quality or balance we need in their, but also player selection in that area hasnt always been right.
And service from wide areas to our forwards is another issue which isnt helping our view of our forwards....so lots to think about ...

jingler1954
25-12-2018, 07:24 AM
Have you “been places” and “done things”? Reminds me of something...just can’t quite remember what. 🤔

Done hings.

Hi Heid Yin
25-12-2018, 07:34 PM
I haven't been a member all that long but really glad I found this forum. Ive seen people talking utter crap (myself included) and being called to task when required. One thing that stands out though is a common love of Hibs and a willingness (mostly) to find common ground. Long may it continue. Happy Xmas everyone GGTTH

:agree::agree: I could not have said it better.

Happy xmas fellow Hibby!