PDA

View Full Version : Lewis Allan

BigDeivydas
23-12-2018, 05:14 PM
Watching the game yesterday made me realise that Lewis Allan is not good enough. Wasn't even getting a look in under Stubbs when we were in the championship, I have a friend who would frequently go to the Edinburgh City game's last season and he would tell me he was absolutely dug meat and looking at his goal record it's clear to see, personally MacLaren must be bamboozled to not be getting a game over him. He's older than Shaw with far less upside, god knows what Lennon sees in him because he is not good enough.

J-C
23-12-2018, 05:17 PM
Watching the game yesterday made me realise that Lewis Allan is not good enough. Wasn't even getting a look in under Stubbs when we were in the championship, I have a friend who would frequently go to the Edinburgh City game's last season and he would tell me he was absolutely dug meat and looking at his goal record it's clear to see, personally MacLaren must be bamboozled to not be getting a game over him. He's older than Shaw with far less upside, god knows what Lennon sees in him because he is not good enough.

Seeing your username, that's a laugh.

You do realise the laddie was out for over a year with a cyst on his spine that nearly finished his career. He was highly thought of as a youth.

Baldy Foghorn
23-12-2018, 05:18 PM

Cracking first post, well done!

SRHibs
23-12-2018, 05:18 PM

You looking for a team?

Ozyhibby
23-12-2018, 05:21 PM
At 22 Allan has little time left to make an impact on senior football. He has only 6 goals to his name and none of them for Hibs. He should be ready for first team football by now and it does not appear to be the case.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Heisenberg
23-12-2018, 05:22 PM

You do realise the laddie was out for over a year with a cyst on his spine that nearly finished his career. He was highly thought of as a youth.

As bad as that injury was for him, it doesn’t change the fact that he’s clearly not good enough for the top league in Scotland. If he was anywhere near it he’d have been playing more between the last time he appeared v Livi and now.

BigDeivydas
23-12-2018, 05:29 PM

It's a shame what happened to Allan, but he's not the first youth player to have his career derailed through injury. It's harsh, but he was really poor yesterday, and offered little except giving the ball away.

BILLYHIBS
23-12-2018, 05:30 PM

Sad to say agree about young Lewis Allan he does not hack it for me

Jamie MAC must be thinking.....:wtf:

How you doin Big Dave?

:not worth

BigDeivydas
23-12-2018, 05:31 PM
You looking for a team?

Big Davie's actually scored 6 in 11 for his new team. Phenom.

Ozyhibby
23-12-2018, 05:31 PM

Defenders will care not a jot about that.
The world is full of guys who could have made it if it wasn’t for ..........

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Iggy Pope
23-12-2018, 05:35 PM
It's a shame what happened to Allan, but he's not the first youth player to have his career derailed through injury. It's harsh, but he was really poor yesterday, and offered little except giving the ball away.

Quote: :tones down from ‘Dug Meat’ talk
Aside: such phrasing normally reserved for Hertz ****s.

Weegreenman
23-12-2018, 05:53 PM
The only reason Lewis got a game yesterday was because Lennon wants to show Kamberi and McLaren that he’s not scared to drop them. Unfortunately it’s cost us two points. Oh and Lewis was almost anonymous yesterday. Lennon eventually shat his breeks with ten minutes to go. ***** management!!

BILLYHIBS
23-12-2018, 05:57 PM
The only reason Lewis got a game yesterday was because Lennon wants to show Kamberi and McLaren that he’s not scared to drop them. Unfortunately it’s cost us two points. Oh and Lewis was almost anonymous yesterday. Lennon eventually shat his breeks with ten minutes to go. ***** management!!

:agree:

23-12-2018, 08:44 PM
[QUOTE=Ozyhibby;5639918]At 22 Allan has little time left to make an impact on senior football. He has only 6 goals to his name and none of them for Hibs. He should be ready for first team football by now and it does not appear to be the case.

Agree completely. Have not seen him live before but I thought he offered absolutely nothing yesterday. He didn’t hold the ball up to bring others onto the game, he didn’t link in any meaningful way with Shaw or Kamberi and he provided no goal threat whatsoever.

SquashedFrogg
23-12-2018, 09:07 PM

Agree. I always give young players benefit of doubt, look for 'something ' but he's not very good.

SquashedFrogg
23-12-2018, 09:09 PM

So you provide a legitimate strategy which many managers use then call it **** management?

Odd.

Unseen work
23-12-2018, 09:33 PM
Although I never thought he was great, a bit of perspective is needed.

It’s his first start at Easter road.

I was surprised by how quick he was, add that his to the fact he’s a unit and he was completely wasted by how we played.

We need a midfielder to put it in behind the defence but there was next to no passes like that. Get him in behind and he will out pace them and have the physicality to battle.

Hope he kicks on

Centre Hawf
23-12-2018, 10:50 PM
I would love nothing more than to see Lewis Allan prove people wrong, but the laddie has had a bad time with injuries at a very crucial point in his career and development, and because of that he's a long way off where he should be at this point in his career.

I can't see him making it at Hibs or the top flight in general. The best we can probably get out of him this season is the final 10 minutes of a game to try and hold it up when we're seeing out a victory.

Heckys Wheel
23-12-2018, 10:59 PM
Lewis Allen won’t be playing in the premiership in 2 years time.

Neither will Ollie Shaw. Or Jamie McLaren.

We have 1 striker on our books that is good enough and unfortunately, for whatever reason, he’s not trying a leg.

Big January in the transfer market ahead.

jacomo
23-12-2018, 11:13 PM
So you provide a legitimate strategy which many managers use then call it **** management?

Odd.

Don’t know if this was in Lennon’s thinking yesterday, but I don’t like it at all.

Pick the team to win the game - rotate only if absolutely necessary.

No mind games or sending messages through team selection please.

Weegreenman
24-12-2018, 07:36 AM

Odd.

Every man and his dug sensed we were going to struggle with the side Lennon put out on Saturday. There’s legitimate strategy and there’s absolute down right stupidity. Three valuable points were at stake. Not a good time to be trying to teach people lessons or resting players for bigger upcoming games. Calling players out in public is never a good thing either and never ends well.

CRAZYHIBBY
24-12-2018, 09:59 AM
There was me thinking this was going to be a positive thread praising one of our players... thank god its not id hate to see the latest trend of ripping our players up for arse paper change

BILLYHIBS
24-12-2018, 10:52 AM
Every man and his dug sensed we were going to struggle with the side Lennon put out on Saturday. There’s legitimate strategy and there’s absolute down right stupidity. Three valuable points were at stake. Not a good time to be trying to teach people lessons or resting players for bigger upcoming games. Calling players out in public is never a good thing either and never ends well.

Agree three points is three points regardless of whether it is The Rangers, Celtic or Livvy.

I was expecting/hoping to see Jamie MAC, Flo and Boyle up top on Saturday

Livvy were there to be taken on a decent big pitch a win would have given us 7 from 9 and from three very tough fixtures now we are looking down the barrel of a visit to Ibroke and Hearts come a calling on Saturday

All for what?

As another poster commented you could see Lenny keeking himself in the dugout with ten minutes to go on Saturday

J-C
24-12-2018, 11:11 AM
I hate to see people criticise a young lad like Allan, he was minutes away from being in a wheelchair for the rest of his life but has fought back to fitness and got himself back to a level where he is challenging in the squad. Allan lost a year of his development at a time where he was highly thought of by Hibs and was banging in goals for fun for the development squad. Due to his spinal problems he's probably about 2 years behind where his age is, he should not be starting but be given the odd 15-20 mins here and there or loaned out to get regular football, this also goes for Shaw, not ready to really start but needs games, get them both to a championship club and hopefully they'll come back better.

CMurdoch
24-12-2018, 12:55 PM
I hate to see people criticise a young lad like Allan, he was minutes away from being in a wheelchair for the rest of his life but has fought back to fitness and got himself back to a level where he is challenging in the squad. Allan lost a year of his development at a time where he was highly thought of by Hibs and was banging in goals for fun for the development squad. Due to his spinal problems he's probably about 2 years behind where his age is, he should not be starting but be given the odd 15-20 mins here and there or loaned out to get regular football, this also goes for Shaw, not ready to really start but needs games, get them both to a championship club and hopefully they'll come back better.

I certainly agree he should have been out on loan playing as much football as possible this season.
Saturday did nothing for Lewis and Lennon should not have started him. Hung him out to dry with the Hibs support.

biscuitersed75
24-12-2018, 01:03 PM
I hate to see people criticise a young lad like Allan, he was minutes away from being in a wheelchair for the rest of his life but has fought back to fitness and got himself back to a level where he is challenging in the squad. Allan lost a year of his development at a time where he was highly thought of by Hibs and was banging in goals for fun for the development squad. Due to his spinal problems he's probably about 2 years behind where his age is, he should not be starting but be given the odd 15-20 mins here and there or loaned out to get regular football, this also goes for Shaw, not ready to really start but needs games, get them both to a championship club and hopefully they'll come back better.Precisely. Some of the comments about Lewis over the last couple of days have frankly been vile, lacking in any form of perspective given his history, and in some cases betraying a total lack of footballing nouse. Give the guy a break.Time to judge is after a good few appearances, not necessarily as full starts, but some decent game time. Interestingly, he's been singled out by his manager for praise after both Livingston games. He's obviously doing something right, or what does Neil Lennon know?

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

andybev1
24-12-2018, 01:21 PM
I was gobsmacked lennon praised Allan after the livi game. He Seemed to be, unsuccesssfully, trying to justify his bad decision to play him instead of Kamberi. Seemed bloody mnded and childish thing to say.

I still want him to be manager btw but his was just another disappointing decision he made on suday

JimBHibees
24-12-2018, 01:26 PM
Personally thought he did ok ot great but help up the ball well at times not so well at others. Wasnt afraid to get stuck in. Personally would have brought McLaren on with 30 to go but have seen a lot worse performances.

biscuitersed75
24-12-2018, 01:31 PM
I'd have preferred to see Lewis paired with either Flo or Jamie. As for the suggestion that Lennon feigned praise for Lewis to justify a selection choice. Really?

Eyrie
24-12-2018, 06:48 PM
Allan may have a wonderful story about overcoming adversity but that cannot exempt him from criticism.

His performance on Saturday provided no evidence that he will become a good player for us.

Heisenberg
24-12-2018, 06:54 PM
Lennon was full of praise for Allan after the last Livi game and he hardly played any minutes after that. I’ll guess the exact same will happen again now.

biscuitersed75
24-12-2018, 09:17 PM
Allan may have a wonderful story about overcoming adversity but that cannot exempt him from criticism.

His performance on Saturday provided no evidence that he will become a good player for us.I wouldn't describe his 'story' as in any way being 'wonderful' but he's clearly been resilient He would probably admit himself that he could have had a better game on Saturday, but he was definitely one of the few pluses on the day. The criticism he has has been largely unjustified on my view.

biscuitersed75
24-12-2018, 09:27 PM
Lennon was full of praise for Allan after the last Livi game and he hardly played any minutes after that. I’ll guess the exact same will happen again now.I'll be surprised if he's not at the very least in the squad for the Sevco game.