PDA

View Full Version : Neil Lennon aka Jose mourinho

Greenworld
23-12-2018, 09:36 AM
I start to wonder if we have a similar situation at Easter road as man utd had .
It is clear as day something is not right from the unexplained press conferences being missed to sometimes Bizarre team selections .
Slaughtering players in the press is not something that will help you as a manager more strange behaviour.

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

overdrive
23-12-2018, 09:45 AM
I would tend to agree regarding the slaughtering of the players. I’ve just watched an episode of the Sunderland programme on Netflix though where Aiden McGeady was having a go at Chris Coleman’s management style. Maybe players like being slaughtered by a manager in tough times? McGeady certainly gave that impression

neil7908
23-12-2018, 09:53 AM
I think there are more similarities than some on here would like to admit. I really hope Neil turns it around but if I was a betting man I don't think he'll be here come summer.

Basing this on no inside knowledge whatsoever but I think he's lost the confidence of the players (or a number of them at least). I'm not sure if there is stuff going on behind the scenes but something's just doesn't seem right at the club.

Mainstandman
23-12-2018, 09:53 AM
You can shout or you can be calm but you must be clear. For me the message is very mixed from Lennon just now, different formations, team selections. What is actually Neil Lennon style?

there are inidivuduals performing but the team unit is not there. If we are really honest it was the same last year. We are actually only a couple of points off last years total. Others just have more points.

I dont get get the call out of Maclaren, gives the guy Ten mins here and there.

Id like to see a set style or formation with players switching in and out as injuries arise

Nicho87
23-12-2018, 09:56 AM
Didn’t understand 3 cleans sheets on the trot with a back four and we change it to a back three. Result goal conceaded. I know being a manager ain’t easy but 3 clean sheets in this league is a decent run. Why change that.

Hibernian Verse
23-12-2018, 09:58 AM
Didn’t understand 3 cleans sheets on the trot with a back four and we change it to a back three. Result goal conceaded. I know being a manager ain’t easy but 3 clean sheets in this league is a decent run. Why change that.I think he thought he could change it and get away with it with us being at home to Livi. It could've been a different game, Boyle could've scored in the first half, Kamberi could have scored a pen, keeper made a good save from a Kamberi header etc etc

We didn't get the rub of the green and BBC have highlighted that their goalie was man of the match.

Our perceived "lesser" opponents raise their game against us like we do against Celtic. We have to be stronger mentally, that team should have been good enough today.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

BILLYHIBS
23-12-2018, 10:05 AM
Maybes him and Parker just working their ticket?

Did you see the smile on Jose’s face when being driven away from the Training Ground?

mcfly
23-12-2018, 10:09 AM
Didn’t understand 3 cleans sheets on the trot with a back four and we change it to a back three. Result goal conceaded. I know being a manager ain’t easy but 3 clean sheets in this league is a decent run. Why change that.

Agree defence was superb v rangers/Celtic bring in mcgregor and it’s a back 3. All out of shape.

This is Lennons team, any issues are with him and he has to accept responsibility not blaming it on a 23 yr old striker.

He has to be careful public slagging if players is not the way to earn respect in the modern game. I just hope he knows what he’s doing as Kamberi is our only striker.

If we are to rely on shaw and Allan for rest of season we are in trouble.

We simply must sign a striker in January. And if we can get him Scott Allan

Greenworld
23-12-2018, 10:10 AM

Did you see the smile on Jose’s face when being driven away from the Training Ground?Have to say my thoughts as well

Lee Marvin
23-12-2018, 10:13 AM
I literally just text this to my mates 15 mins ago. It's worryingly similar

Greenworld
23-12-2018, 10:14 AM
Agree defence was superb v rangers/Celtic bring in mcgregor and it’s a back 3. All out of shape.

This is Lennons team, any issues are with him and he has to accept responsibility not blaming it on a 23 yr old striker.

He has to be careful public slagging if players is not the way to earn respect in the modern game. I just hope he knows what he’s doing as Kamberi is our only striker.

If we are to rely on shaw and Allan for rest of season we are in trouble.

We simply must sign a striker in January. And if we can get him Scott AllanAgain agree mcgregor who has been tremendous since he came to hibs has looked average at best when played but more importantly has made the defence look jittery.

Greenworld
23-12-2018, 10:17 AM
Didn’t understand 3 cleans sheets on the trot with a back four and we change it to a back three. Result goal conceaded. I know being a manager ain’t easy but 3 clean sheets in this league is a decent run. Why change that.Not a fan of a back three unless your midfield is full of great players .
Back four is best and works for hibs as you say why change it

JimboHibs
23-12-2018, 10:40 AM
I start to wonder if we have a similar situation at Easter road as man utd had .
It is clear as day something is not right from the unexplained press conferences being missed to sometimes Bizarre team selections .
Slaughtering players in the press is not something that will help you as a manager more strange behaviour.

You've been questioning Lennon's behaviour for the past 2 years & that's not a dig,I find your views pretty consistent.

07BigD
23-12-2018, 10:46 AM
Not a fan of a back three unless your midfield is full of great players .
Back four is best and works for hibs as you say why change it

Sent from my SM-G903F using TapatalkI think the three at the back has been a problem in some of our matches this season I don't think it was the problem yesterday it's our non existent midfield, the first half they didn't have a scooby who they were meant to be marking and when they had the ball there is very little understanding of each other's game, the amount of stray passes is shocking.

theonlywayisup

Did you see the smile on Jose’s face when being driven away from the Training Ground?

Don't be daft. Lennon won't be on a multi million pound contract and he hardly needs the money nor the grief that goes with the job. If he wanted to leave he would have left by now.

J-C
Wonder if Flo might put in a wee transfer request, being called out publicly twice now may gave him thinking.

BILLYHIBS
23-12-2018, 10:49 AM
Don't be daft. Lennon won't be on a multi million pound contract and he hardly needs the money nor the grief that goes with the job. If he wanted to leave he would have left by now.

I know but seems to be going the right way about it ! :greengrin

superfurryhibby
23-12-2018, 11:04 AM
Wonder if Flo might put in a wee transfer request, being called out publicly twice now may gave him thinking.

He supposedly has a chronic injury that needs surgery, so maybe that will deter potential suitors?

If Flo is in anyway taking the piss then **** him. Otherwise WTF is going on.

BILLYHIBS
23-12-2018, 11:09 AM
Apparently Lenny has told Kamberi to get his act together or he is selling him in January his penalty attempt was pathetic

Source: Daily Record and Scotland on Sunday online

Greenworld
23-12-2018, 11:10 AM
He supposedly has a chronic injury that needs surgery, so maybe that will deter potential suitors?

If Flo is in anyway taking the piss then **** him. Otherwise WTF is going on.Surley not how could you play at all if it was chronic .
That makes know sense to lennon's slaughtering of him

Greenworld
23-12-2018, 11:11 AM
Apparently Lenny has told Kamberi to get his act together or he is selling him in January his penalty attempt was pathetic

Source: Daily Record and Scotland on Sunday onlineMaybe that's the plan get some money to fund other players

euro Hibby
23-12-2018, 11:15 AM
could be preparing us for Kamberi Allan swap in the New year ? Also I would think that the comments from Lennon suggest we already have another striker ready to come in .

superfurryhibby
23-12-2018, 11:17 AM
Surley not how could you play at all if it was chronic .
That makes know sense to lennon's slaughtering of him

There has been an on-going point made on here that Flo has an injury issue that needs attention. I’ve said before that fans would be surprised to know how many players carry chronic injuries, obviously to varying degrees.

Lennon’s slaughtering makes no sense anyway, as does he his decision to remove Shaw and not sub Allan.

Much as I’m a fan of Lennon, the doubts are back. I wonder if he is man enough to attempt some critique of his own performance and decision making, evaluating the impact of his tactics, signings, team selections and man management? I have never heard anything from him about that.

Whatever is going on, Lennon should keep quiet in public. He’s not doing himself or the players any favours.

Equally, if his heart isn’t in it, then he should step back.

snedzuk
23-12-2018, 11:17 AM
I doubt slaughtering the player publicly for lack of effort would increase the players value.

Greenworld
23-12-2018, 11:31 AM
could be preparing us for Kamberi Allan swap in the New year ? Also I would think that the comments from Lennon suggest we already have another striker ready to come in .Never thought of that

MWHIBBIES
23-12-2018, 11:34 AM
could be preparing us for Kamberi Allan swap in the New year ? Also I would think that the comments from Lennon suggest we already have another striker ready to come in .

A Celtic reserve with 6 months on his contract for our best striker with years on his. Absolutely not. Lennon can go if he wants to do that deal.

Borderhibbie76
23-12-2018, 12:27 PM
You've been questioning Lennon's behaviour for the past 2 years & that's not a dig,I find your views pretty consistent.Sorry but if you think Lennons behaviour of late has been normal mate I beg to disagree?? Not talking to the press, publicly slagging our main and only decent striker consistently and his bizarre "Lennon bingo" team selections. I admire the guy massively but something is not right at the moment and his signings have been pretty poor in the main other than last Jan

H18S NX
23-12-2018, 12:28 PM

Did you see the smile on Jose’s face when being driven away from the Training Ground? My thoughts exactly

Jim44
23-12-2018, 01:42 PM
A Celtic reserve with 6 months on his contract for our best striker with years on his. Absolutely not. Lennon can go if he wants to do that deal.

He’s not even that. :confused:

Hibbyradge
23-12-2018, 01:44 PM

You realise that you've just created another Hibs.net FACT?

Jim44
23-12-2018, 01:53 PM

Kamberi isn’t good enough for Celtic ......... Sevco on the other hand. :hmmm:

chrisski33
23-12-2018, 02:02 PM

neither will be going and neither will flo!

BILLYHIBS
23-12-2018, 02:03 PM
neither will be going and neither will flo!

Hope so!

The 90+2
23-12-2018, 02:07 PM
I said the same a few weeks back although now I’m not convinced it is the case. More of a parallel with JC in terms of falling out with senior and ripping them while the young guys he will be giving a chance to will love him.

wookie70
23-12-2018, 02:11 PM
Sorry but if you think Lennons behaviour of late has been normal mate I beg to disagree?? Not talking to the press, publicly slagging our main and only decent striker consistently and his bizarre "Lennon bingo" team selections. I admire the guy massively but something is not right at the moment and his signings have been pretty poor in the main other than last Jan

Thee signing last winter window were good last season but he is ripping into Flo this year, never playing MacLaren and Scott A was a returning Stubbs signing. Last January was Lennon's best window by far from all that he has presided over.

I would consider his behaviour normal for him. He has slated players or the team regularly, said he was leaving before, had Parker do post match interviews before and constantly tinkers with the team. That is pretty much been the story of his reign. It works when you are winning so he needs to get the team winning again. I think that is a long shot unless he is lucky with the window signings.

500miles
23-12-2018, 06:37 PM
Lennon is a good manager. Like most managers though, he probably has a shelf life. I don't know if he has it in him to rebuild a squad, with the inconsistencies and frustration that are inherent with that. We wont know that until January passes and we close in on the seasons end.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
23-12-2018, 09:07 PM

After getting a 22.5M payout, I’d be smiling too mate 👍🏽

Centre Hawf
23-12-2018, 11:41 PM
Lennon is a good manager. Like most managers though, he probably has a shelf life. I don't know if he has it in him to rebuild a squad, with the inconsistencies and frustration that are inherent with that. We wont know that until January passes and we close in on the seasons end.

Normally I would understand not fancying a squad rebuild if you built the previous but he took over an already near perfect bunch! His attempt at building his own is proving near laughable as weeks go by.