PDA

View Full Version : Playing a back 3

Winston Ingram
22-12-2018, 08:03 PM
Why does Lennon keep playing this?

We’ve played 19 league games this season and of that, 8 have been with a back 4 and we’ve won 5. 11 have been with a 3 of which we’ve won 1, on the opening day.

Wtf did Lennon think that after ending our rotten run at Hamilton where he switched to a 4, picking up 7 points out of 9 and 3 clean sheets he thinks going back to a 3 would be a good idea?

Every game we play the 3 we look really shaky at the back and nowhere near as threatening going forward.

Does anyone have any idea why we repeatedly keep doing this as it clearly is not working.

wookie70
22-12-2018, 08:11 PM
Why does Lennon keep playing this?

We’ve played 19 league games this season and of that, 8 have been with a back 4 and we’ve won 5. 11 have been with a 3 of which we’ve won 1, on the opening day.

Wtf did Lennon think that after ending our rotten run at Hamilton where he switched to a 4, picking up 7 points out of 9 and 3 clean sheets he thinks going back to a 3 would be a good idea?

Every game we play the 3 we look really shaky at the back and nowhere near as threatening going forward.

Does anyone have any idea why we repeatedly keep doing this as it clearly is not working.

I think he keeps playing it because he hasn't got a clue what to do with Boyle and wants to shoehorn him in regardless. It can't be because he thinks it is a successful formation because since we lost our engine it hasn't worked well at all.

Unseen work
22-12-2018, 08:13 PM
I don’t think we looked shaky at all.

The goal we conceded was poor but overall Livi caused us next to no trouble.

We were too slow and ponderous going forward imo. Lacking quality, confidence and s tempo to our game

Horgan raised it when he game on, took responsibility and got an assist for it. Not a coincidence

greenlex
22-12-2018, 08:57 PM
Proper wingbacks are needed with a back three. We don’t have them. I cannot for the life of me understand why we keep on using this system.

Hibee Mac
22-12-2018, 09:01 PM
Your guess is as good as mine. It's verging on moronic now

Eyrie
23-12-2018, 10:28 AM
I assumed Ambrose was at RB when I saw the team sheet, and was concerned as soon I saw how we lined up at kick off.

Hibeesmad
23-12-2018, 10:31 AM
I think the best formation for us would be a 4-2-3-1

danhibees1875
23-12-2018, 10:35 AM
I think the best formation for us would be a 4-2-3-1

I think that would work. :agree:

Keeper
Gray Ambrose Porteous Stevenson
Mallan Milligan
Boyle Slivka Horgan
Kamberi