PDA

View Full Version : Ripping into Flo’ and warning him about being shown the door

Pages : [1] 2 3

The 90+2
22-12-2018, 05:22 PM
https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/3659799/lennon-kamberi-hibs-anthony-stokes-simon-murray/

cabbageandribs1875
22-12-2018, 05:24 PM
clickable https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/3659799/lennon-kamberi-hibs-anthony-stokes-simon-murray/

or, folk that don't want to clicky :)

RAGING Neil Lennon slammed Florian Kamberi and warned him he is risking his Hibs future.

The Swiss hitman came off the bench at half-time and saw a weak second half penalty saved by Livi keeper Liam Kelly.

Easter Road boss Lenny was fuming with the striker and says he was also at fault for Ryan Hardie’s goal that put the Lions ahead before Ryan Porteous secured a point.

He said: “I’m not happy about the goal we conceded because it's just a straight ball through the middle of our defence. It's embarrassing
“It comes from Kamberi giving the ball away and falling on his back side. He did that a lot.

“I don’t know if it's a confidence thing or a lack of application but he’s nowhere near as hungry as he was last season and he needs to find that hunger again because he's an important player for us.

“I can always change it the way I did last season when I got rid of Anthony Stokes and Simon Murray and brought in other players and I can do that again.

“If that needs to be, this is a criticism but we’ve been sitting on this for weeks and weeks but we’re getting no response from him.

“It’s up to him but we’ve been talking to him in private for a long time and it’s been hit and miss but more miss than hit.”

Hibeesmad
22-12-2018, 05:24 PM
Hopefully will motivate him to get his act together ready for two huge games

B.H.F.C
22-12-2018, 05:25 PM
What Lennon says is true. Can’t argue with it.

Kamberi has been crap most of the time this season and shown nowhere near the same level of effort.

Not sure about the assistant, then the manager, calling it out publicly though. Something ain’t right there.

bingo70
22-12-2018, 05:26 PM
Don’t like that at all tbh.

Never dropped points today because of Kamberi IMO.

Hiber-nation
22-12-2018, 05:28 PM

But the goal was his fault and he missed a pen due to a stupid run up instead of doing his usual and just hitting the thing. He's been awful for months I'm afraid.

we are hibs
22-12-2018, 05:29 PM
Considering he only done this a few weeks back and it didn't work why does he think publicly slaughtering the same player again is going to change anything? If anything it's going to make it worse. Maybe he should look at the players hes signed and put around him who get nowhere near him when balls get launched at him and hes expected to hold it up while the midfield take an age and show zero urgency get their ***** in gear and get closer.

Tyler Durden
22-12-2018, 05:30 PM
Maybe Dempster should come out with a similar statement about Lennons performance. Also inconsistent and not pefroming to his capacity. Not doing a good job basically

This is p*ss poor management by Lennon. A leader takes responsibility himself.

They’ve already slated him and it hasn’t helped. Why he thinks he should pile on again is unfathomable.

hhibs
22-12-2018, 05:30 PM
Hopefully will motivate him to get his act together ready for two huge games

Ineffective midfield and regular partner, McLaren not being played suggests he is not the problem.

Oh a,s well as his perfomances at the seasons start ,being injured but still contributed greatly.

Ozyhibby
22-12-2018, 05:31 PM
For all his faults Kamberri is still the best we have.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MWHIBBIES
22-12-2018, 05:32 PM
Who signed Stokes and Murray?

How many will go before it might be Neil's fault. Maclaren as well maybe? Milligan? Hyndman?

Sir David Gray
22-12-2018, 05:32 PM

Usually I'd agree with that but today we did.

Their goal came from Kamberi being easily dispossessed and then he had a penalty saved.

Very poor from him.

Famous Fiver
22-12-2018, 05:33 PM
I am on NL's side. Kamberi is capable of putting a penalty away and should have taken the net off the posts instead of trying to be a smartie. Goalie was going down in instalments before he hit it, he could have knocked it in the other corner if he was going to fanny about.

That said he was a much greater physical presence than Allan but how did the defenders get away with grappling him every time the ball went near him?

Poor, poor refereeing time and again.

bingo70
22-12-2018, 05:33 PM
Maybe Dempster should come out with a similar statement about Lennons performance. Also inconsistent and not pefroming to his capacity. Not doing a good job basically

This is p*ss poor management by Lennon. A leader takes responsibility himself.

They’ve already slated him and it hasn’t helped. Why he thinks he should pile on again is unfathomable.

I also don’t agree there was anything wrong with his effort today. We were significantly better up front when he came on.

bingo70
22-12-2018, 05:34 PM

By a country mile

we are hibs
22-12-2018, 05:34 PM
Who signed Stokes and Murray?

How many will go before it might be Neil's fault. Maclaren as well maybe? Milligan? Hyndman?

No-one is allowed to criticise our great leader and "winner" though :rolleyes:

He's moaning about a problem hes created with poor recruitment. He never takes the blame himself. Always someone else's fault.

Hiber-nation
22-12-2018, 05:36 PM
By a country mile

That says more about the quality of our other forwards than it does about Flo!

SaulGoodman
22-12-2018, 05:36 PM
That’ll ****ing help matters, Neil. Well done.

GlesgaeHibby
22-12-2018, 05:38 PM

He's moaning about a problem hes created with poor recruitment. He never takes the blame himself. Always someone else's fault.

I reckon he's so annoyed at Kamberi because he knows how good he can be.

BegbieHSC
I love Lenny, but this is so harsh it’s out of order imo.

if he says stuff like this to him behind closed doors, then it’s no wonder his confidence has been lacking.

DJ HIBBY

This in a nutshell, always the players fault but doesn’t take responsibility or fault himself. That’s poor management. The service Kamberi and shaw have had in recent months has been horrific! It’s our poor recruitment in midfield that has led us to this point, which is 100% the managers fault.

JimBHibees
22-12-2018, 05:39 PM

By a mile. Very odd ripping into him.

Real Emerald
22-12-2018, 05:40 PM
I seem to remember last season everyone saying Kamberi doesn't perform without MacLaren and vice versa. They've not had a chance to perform together for injuries/fitness or whatever this season. Kamberi was poor when he came on but you could say that about most of the other players and also the managers team selection and transfer windows. It really is unacceptable given where we came from last season, the crowds, extra money etc. Something needs to be fixed but pinning it all on Kamberi publicly is totally out of order.

stoneyburn hibs
22-12-2018, 05:41 PM
It's harsh from Lennon to single out Kamberi, especially a public ripping.

bigwheel
22-12-2018, 05:42 PM

Im not sure about this public criticism either...
However it seems that Kamberi has noticeably got worse as this season has gone on..I wonder if he really has the heart for a big battle...he seems to have withdrawn within himself as the results have gotten harder to secure..

I expect Lennon hoped he would have been one of the squad to help lead us out of this situation, and has observed him become more passive and his work rate drop off, as younger less experienced players have battled hard

Baader
22-12-2018, 05:44 PM
Don't like to see players getting called out in public. Disappointing to read that.

DJ HIBBY
22-12-2018, 05:44 PM
However it seems that Kamberi has noticeably got worse as this season has gone on..I wonder if he really has the heart for a big battle...he seems to have withdrawn within himself as the results have gotten harder to secure..

I expect Lennon hoped he would have been one of the squad to help lead us out of this situation, and has observed him become more passive and his work rate drop off, as younger less experienced players have battled hard

We shouldn’t forget that Kamberi is still very young and inexperienced. He’s only couple of years older than Shaw.

Lago
22-12-2018, 05:45 PM
By a mile. Very odd ripping into him.
Yes that should have been a private conversation, not even a dressing room conversation.

bigwheel
22-12-2018, 05:45 PM
We shouldn’t forget that Kamberi is still very young and inexperienced. He’s only couple of years older than Shaw.

True. Neither of them are offering anything much tbh...can’t see Shaw making it here.

Silky
22-12-2018, 05:46 PM
That’ll ****ing help matters, Neil. Well done.

He said they've spoken to him in private and it hasn't worked. If it was me, I'd be stepping it up in training then absolutely bursting to show everyone in the next game that he is wrong. I don't think it's wrong necessarily for a manager to do that if a player is not responding to private chats. Let's the fans know he's had his arsed kicked!

leither17
22-12-2018, 05:46 PM
Yes that should have been a private conversation, not even a dressing room conversation.

It says they have had the conversations in private and that hasn’t worked, his penalty miss today was criminal and cost us

bingo70
22-12-2018, 05:47 PM

I don’t think he’s got noticeably worse, he has a poor start to the season when it was said he was playing with an injury and he was superb last week against Celtic.

He came on today and looked far and away our best forward. We were significantly better in the second half as well when Flo came on so I don’t see why he’s getting the blame.

To blame him for missing a penalty is utterly ridiculous, some of the best players in the world miss penalties, that’s no reflection at all of his attitude, regardless of what nonsense people are saying about his run up.

Pete
People saying this is bad management and some might say it’s warranted.

I suppose the only way of telling if this is a good move is to look at his performances over the next few games.

Tyler Durden

If he lacked bottle or heart then I’m not sure he’d be stepping up to take a penalty.

Look at him fighting for the ball in the 90th minute against Rangers. A game where he also set up 2 of maybe 3 clear chances with his touches and hold up play. Is Lennon suggesting he dropped him today rather than rested? Madness.

cabbageandribs1875
22-12-2018, 05:48 PM
hope Flo's been watching the penalty-taking in the cardiff v man u game for tips :)

Liam89
22-12-2018, 05:49 PM
It's a bit sad going from Kamberi putting an emphasis on his relationship with Lennon being a key factor in him wanting to come back here to this. I can't help but think this won't do Kamberi's form any good.

bingo70
22-12-2018, 05:50 PM
It says they have had the conversations in private and that hasn’t worked, his penalty miss today was criminal and cost us

Criminal? He missed a pen FFS he didn’t mean it!!!

It was the team selection and effectively playing the first 45 minutes with 9 men that cost us today, not a keeper saving a penalty.

James310
22-12-2018, 05:53 PM
If anything I can see this making Flo go into more of a huff and performing even worse.

Johnny Clash
22-12-2018, 05:55 PM
He’s a top class player and will be able to handle ligit criticism like this and hopefully want to prove to everyone what he’s made of. I’m sure he’ll soon be hitting his old form.

bigwheel
22-12-2018, 05:56 PM
I don’t think he’s got noticeably worse, he has a poor start to the season when it was said he was playing with an injury and he was superb last week against Celtic.

He came on today and looked far and away our best forward. We were significantly better in the second half as well when Flo came on so I don’t see why he’s getting the blame.

To blame him for missing a penalty is utterly ridiculous, some of the best players in the world miss penalties, that’s no reflection at all of his attitude, regardless of what nonsense people are saying about his run up.

We’ve needed big characters in these challenging times and Kamberi has not stepped up . Compare him to Porteous and Ambrose..that’s what we’ve needed during this tough patch ..Kamberi has gone a bit missing in some of these games. I suspect that is what is troubling the coaching staff ..not sure they trust him (and some others) as much as they did when things were going well

wookie70
22-12-2018, 05:57 PM
That is really poor imo. Flo was called out by Parker a couple of weeks back. He scored against Celtc but he hasn't looked himself. Flo look to be having a crisis of confidence but out of all the players he seems to have an excuse. His manager keeps criticising him privately and publicly!

If the criticism is about Flo's desire or effort or even confidence them why are other senior players escaping criticism. Why is Lennon not criticising himself. He said he would walk away a couple of times and there certainly hasn't been the same desire shown on the touchline this season.

If rank rotten was the correct term for Hyndman's performance from the media then Lennon's performance today has been rank rotten with bells on. Just come out and say I made big changes to formation and personnel and it back fired.

ehf
22-12-2018, 05:59 PM

It was the team selection and effectively playing the first 45 minutes with 9 men that cost us today, not a keeper saving a penalty.

:agree:

He probably missed because of th pressure Lennon has put him under.

Kamberi did not decide to start Lewis Allan.

skipster7
22-12-2018, 05:59 PM
My take on is the guy is feeding of scraps, punts up the park and mostly invisible partners. Hes went from having a strong skilful midfield supplying decent passes and agression. I think Lennon is out of order. Flo done more in his time on the pitch than Shaw or Allan neither of whom held the ball up and had poor movement. Lennon starting Allan in front of him was a joke imo:confused:

wookie70
22-12-2018, 06:01 PM
We’ve needed big characters in these challenging times and Kamberi has not stepped up . Compare him to Porteous and Ambrose..that’s what we’ve needed during this tough patch ..Kamberi has gone a bit missing in some of these games. I suspect that is what is troubling the coaching staff ..not sure they trust him (and some others) as much as they did when things were going well

Is making appearances at press conference and explaining your decisions while trying to help your players through a tough run the type of character you would be looking for. It's the type I want.

neil7908
22-12-2018, 06:01 PM
How have McLaren and Kamberi, so effective last season, become so poor this year?

Yes we've lost our midfield but there is something else going on.

Both are quality players and this is very rarely an effective way to manage or motivate players. Look how well its worked for Jose Mourinho afterall.

we are hibs
22-12-2018, 06:02 PM
How have McLaren and Kamberi, so effective last season, become so poor this year?

Both are quality players and this is very rarely an effective way to manage or motivate players. Look how well its worked for Jose Mourinho afterall.

The lack of a good midfield, Boyle being off form and both picking up injuries at different times hasn't helped.

bingo70
22-12-2018, 06:03 PM

They’ve hardly played together.

Today was a great chance to do so. shaw was terrible against Rangers during the week and was ready to be dropped.

Unseen work
22-12-2018, 06:03 PM
Not happy with that at all from Lennon.

He is lacking in confidence? So what he comes out in public and slates him.

I will never criticise a player for missing a penality, as frustrating as it may be.

Kamberi is a lot better than he has shown this season, but ****** me he has had next to no quality this season at all. Who is putting the ball on a plate for him to score these tap ins Lennon is on about?

As a team we are slow and ponder is going forward and half the time he is playing off scraps. To begin you’re 100% effort, but after a while it is natural to stop making the runs because in the back of your head you don’t have confidence they will make the pass.

He’s our top goal scorer, who replaces him? He is the least of our issues.

WhileTheChief..
22-12-2018, 06:08 PM
Once again Lennon calls it as it is.

It was clear to everyone that he wasn’t scoring that pen and he was absolutely to blame for their goal.

He needs to play better in future or we will need to replace him.

Tyler Durden
22-12-2018, 06:08 PM

All true but the priority for the manager should be getting this player back to his best. The manager needs to adapt their approach to get the best from different personalities- not just slate them and expect them to perform.

Lennon is basically putting his own ego before the team results. “Not mu fault he is playing bad, we’ve spoken to him in private”. Lennon can GTF

SaulGoodman
22-12-2018, 06:12 PM
Once again Lennon calls it as it is.

It was clear to everyone that he wasn’t scoring that pen and he was absolutely to blame for their goal.

He needs to play better in future or we will need to replace him.
Butcher said it as it was as well.

Biggie
22-12-2018, 06:14 PM
He said they've spoken to him in private and it hasn't worked. If it was me, I'd be stepping it up in training then absolutely bursting to show everyone in the next game that he is wrong. I don't think it's wrong necessarily for a manager to do that if a player is not responding to private chats. Let's the fans know he's had his arsed kicked!

Yep, I'm with you.....he's spoken to him in private, no response, so lennons maybe thinking he's not taking me down. Maybe Lennon is looking for a typical British center forward performance from him. and he's getting a European type player who's struggling to play the "British" way.

The Green Goblin
22-12-2018, 06:14 PM
He wasn’t great, but I thought there was worse than Kamberi for us today tbh.

WhileTheChief..
22-12-2018, 06:16 PM
Butcher. Lol.

wookie70
22-12-2018, 06:17 PM
Butcher said it as it was as well.
Managers deflect when they are under pressure and to me it shows that they are out of ideas. It's not the sign of a leader imo especially when done in such a brutal manner and definitely not the sign of a leader when his assistant done it a few weeks ago at a press conference the manager could have attended and it has had little or no bearing on the player's performances.

Unseen work
22-12-2018, 06:19 PM
Just seen the goal.

The way folk were going on I thought he lost it on the edge of the box! He was 15 yards into the Livi half, took a poor touch and lost possession.

Then 1 long straight ball goes through the middle of the defence?

I know what I find more concerning

WhileTheChief..
22-12-2018, 06:20 PM
So are we back to wanting Lennon out and a whole new team signed in January?

Man if we win against Rangers or Hearts we really won’t know which way to turn!

Prob best we lose them both and start from scratch.

We could get Butcher back.

we are hibs
22-12-2018, 06:20 PM
Butcher. Lol.

There are parallels there in recent weeks between some of the comments Lennon has made and the comments butcher made. Don't see why you find it so amusing.

neil7908
22-12-2018, 06:21 PM
All true but the priority for the manager should be getting this player back to his best. The manager needs to adapt their approach to get the best from different personalities- not just slate them and expect them to perform.

Lennon is basically putting his own ego before the team results. “Not mu fault he is playing bad, we’ve spoken to him in private”. Lennon can GTF

Yup. Let's mot forget they Flo is a fairly young guy (only 23) who could well have panned us in the summer and quadrupled his wages down south. He didn't though, he chose to come back here. I don't think this is the way to go with many players now adays and even if the manager is right, I don't see it being an effect tactic.

There has been a lot of chat on here about negativity from fans and goes damaging that can be - what you when that comes from the club itself?

Allant1981
22-12-2018, 06:22 PM
Just seen the goal.

The way folk were going on I thought he lost it on the edge of the box! He was 15 yards into the Livi half, took a poor touch and lost possession.

McGregor and porteous letting hardie run through so easy was the real issue

bingo70
22-12-2018, 06:23 PM

No “we’re” just disagreeing with him today.

It’s possible to disagree with him but not wanting him sacked.

wookie70
22-12-2018, 06:24 PM

Not reading many saying he should be sacked. I think most think he has done enough to be allowed to try and change thing but coming out and slating an individual when the team has been terrible and that player hasn't done much wrong is imo Lennon realising he is running out of ideas. I can remember some on here thinking it was a good idea for Butcher to put a rocket up the players. It can work if used sparingly and when warranted. It is used often by our manager and was completely unwarranted considering Flo was nowhere near as bad as some today

kaimendhibs
22-12-2018, 06:25 PM
There will only be one winner if this escalates, and it won't be Flo.
Imo he looks disinterested, and has for a while

Sent from my VTR-L09 using Tapatalk

neil7908
22-12-2018, 06:26 PM

I dunno, they manager doesn't seem to trust half his team - should we?

We've heard a lot from some posters about the negativity on here and getting behind the team. Well who should I back now, Lennon or Kamberi? Cause the negative stuff is coming from the manager and I'm not sure what to do?

silverhibee

Spot on Bingo, and Lennon probably agrees with your assessment but is deflecting these things away and having another go at a player, needs to have a look at himself for the changes today.

SaulGoodman

I don’t want him out, I want him to stop publicly ripping into the players and throwing a huff after every poor result.

neil7908
22-12-2018, 06:27 PM

That could be said about Lennon as well.

The 90+2
22-12-2018, 06:29 PM

Who? Lennon?

Hi Heid Yin
22-12-2018, 06:31 PM
Neil Lennon is a shrewd manager and has a better insight to kamberi than any of us on Hibs.net.

I see a manager who has shaken things up when it is required - offloading slackers and players just not up to scratch.

He has demonstrated the kind of "ruthlessness" most of us wanted desperately to see (and frustratingly didn't) in a long line of managers.

Calling players out in public, occasionally (and I stress, occasionally) is simply, for this Hibby, part of Neil's drive to want the absolutely best for our club.

If Kamberi can't hack the flack and has (by inference) "downed tools" and/or "picked which games to turn up for" then I'm 100% behind our manager.

Chorley Hibee
22-12-2018, 06:32 PM
Really disappointed in Lennon, there are a lot more problems staring us in the face than Kamberi at present. Why is Kamberi the only player being publically criticised? We're going about this the wrong way.

Hfc_Since1875
22-12-2018, 06:33 PM
Was listening to off the ball pre game and Cammy Bell was on praising Lennon’s man management!

Think he would have a better insight than any of us second guessing it!

kaimendhibs
22-12-2018, 06:33 PM
That could be said about Lennon as well.Mibbe but Kamberi can't get rid of Lennon

B.H.F.C
22-12-2018, 06:34 PM
Neil Lennon is a shrewd manager and has a better insight to kamberi than any of us on Hibs.net.

I see a manager who has shaken things up when it is required - offloading slackers and players just not up to scratch.

He has demonstrated the kind of "ruthlessness" most of us wanted desperately to see (and frustratingly didn't) in a long line of managers.

Calling players out in public, occasionally (and I stress, occasionally) is simply part of Neil's drive to want the absolutely best for our club.

If Kamberi can't hack the flack and has (by inference) "downed tools" and/or "picked which games to turn up for" then I'm 100% behind our manager.

Kamberi deserves stick.

But Lennon shouldn’t escape. If he needs to keep ‘shaking it up’ and be ‘ruthless’ then he’s doing something wrong in the first place.

Hi Heid Yin
22-12-2018, 06:35 PM
Not reading many saying he should be sacked. I think most think he has done enough to be allowed to try and change thing but coming out and slating an individual when the team has been terrible and that player hasn't done much wrong is imo Lennon realising he is running out of ideas. I can remember some on here thinking it was a good idea for Butcher to put a rocket up the players. It can work if used sparingly and when warranted. It is used often by our manager and was completely unwarranted considering Flo was nowhere near as bad as some today

I strongly disagree.

Neil Lennon does not slate players "often" but occasionally and certainly when it is fully justified and deserved.

kaimendhibs
22-12-2018, 06:37 PM
Who? Lennon?Ok. Tell me this. If Lennon goes who do you think we could get who would improve us? He puts the team on the park, it's up to them to perform.
Do you think Flo is busting a gut?
We were all creaming when we signed Flo, Jamie, Mallan, Milligan, Hyndman.
Is it Lennon's fault they haven't performed as we would have hoped?

bingo70
22-12-2018, 06:37 PM

Calling players out in public, occasionally (and I stress, occasionally) is simply part of Neil's drive to want the absolutely best for our club.

While Lennon is manager is there anything he can do that you’d disagree with or has he just got your backing regardless?

I’ve replied to your message but it could be to a number of people, it seems like if you disagree with anything he does you must want him sacked or hate him. Alternatively people will give him absolute faith regardless of anything that is going on.

Imo it’s perfectly possible to back him as manager but disagree with him from time to time.

DavidDavidGray
22-12-2018, 06:38 PM
Think Kamberi has been fine for us this season. Lennon again not taking the blame for a result that is his fault. Stupid lineup to begin with and we looked better once Flo came on. The last few months are showing all the signs of it maybe being time for Lennon to move on. Poor performances, baffling tactics and public slatings of players. Still time to turn everything round, but Lennon must surely be facing pressure.

kaimendhibs
22-12-2018, 06:38 PM
Really disappointed in Lennon, there are a lot more problems staring us in the face than Kamberi at present. Why is Kamberi the only player being publically criticised? We're going about this the wrong way.Mibbe an attitude problem behind the scenes?

SaulGoodman
22-12-2018, 06:39 PM
Watching the Man City documentary on Amazon there’s a part where Guardiola says something to the players along the lines of “I will defend you to the death in front of the media but I will tell you what I really think behind these doors”

Seems to me like the way to do it.

heidtheba
22-12-2018, 06:40 PM
I guess only Neil and Flo know the psychology behind this and how effective it is. Some players will need an arm around them and encouragement, private and/or public, others will need a bit more of a spark.
I know in F1 that James Hunt's Hesketh team management knew he drove better when stressed. Every time they wanted him to set a fast lap in qualifying they came up with car problem after problem which needed tinkering with. By the time the 'fixed' these fake problems, Hunt was often so stressed he was puking behind the garage. The driver was unhappy and stressed...but he set much better lap times.
Only they know the psychology.
I was a bit surprised Neil didn't lavish praise on him after the Celtic game but, will be seen how effective these approaches are.

Hi Heid Yin
22-12-2018, 06:41 PM
Kamberi deserves stick.

But Lennon shouldn’t escape. If he needs to keep ‘shaking it up’ and be ‘ruthless’ then he’s doing something wrong in the first place.

I'm sure that Leeann Dempster and others at the top have their perceptions of how Neil Lennon is performing,

and I'm sure that there are open and honest and regular communications between the board and manager.

If you are suggesting that Neil Lennon needs to be publicly slated by the board to appease grumbling supporters then I'm not with you on that one,

and I'm sure that the board have no intention of doing so either.

Ronniekirk
22-12-2018, 06:43 PM
Spot on Bingo, and Lennon probably agrees with your assessment but is deflecting these things away and having another go at a player, needs to have a look at himself for the changes today.

Soon as I saw the starting lineup I thought it could be a difficult game Flo did have a poor pen and did give the ball away that led to the goal but tend to agree Lennon is deflecting away Lewis Allan didn't do a lot for me yet Shaw was hooked
For some reason niether Flo or Mclaren have hit the heights this Season but not signing Allan was a mistake as his passes through to players up front created the chances
Yes we got lucky last January but the chances of getting in another two strikers next window who score regularly must beSlim

Hi Heid Yin
22-12-2018, 06:48 PM
While Lennon is manager is there anything he can do that you’d disagree with or has he just got your backing regardless?

I’ve replied to your message but it could be to a number of people, it seems like if you disagree with anything he does you must want him sacked or hate him. Alternatively people will give him absolute faith regardless of anything that is going on.

Imo it’s perfectly possible to back him as manager but disagree with him from time to time.

And this Hibby has indeed disagreed with Neil Lennon on occasion.

Eg: The negative line up against Killie

B.H.F.C
22-12-2018, 06:48 PM
I'm sure that Leeann Dempster and others at the top have their perceptions of how Neil Lennon is performing,

and I'm sure that there are open and honest and regular communications between the board and manager.

If you are suggesting that Neil Lennon needs to be publicly slated by the board to appease grumbling supporters then I'm not with you on that one,

and I'm sure that the board have no intention of doing so either.

I didn’t suggest he should be hung out to dry. That would be poor management. I was more referencing your post which was heavily balanced in his favour.

Interested that you think he can call people out but shouldn’t be called out himself. What’s the difference?

Glory Lurker
22-12-2018, 06:50 PM
Apart from Matt Le Tissier, everyone misses penalties from time to time. It was a poor pen, sure, but there was a lot of mind games between the decision and the kick being taken and I wonder if that was enough to affect his decision making. I think he’s actually been bursting a gut in last couple of months to be the main man again. It’s only occasionally working, he’s clearly frustrated and I wouldn’t be surprised if his head has gone down a bit.

But the the biggest problem for Flo is that he’s not getting the service. Feed the (Alpine mountain) goat and he will score. Loads! Instead he’s been trying to conjure it up himself, and that’s asking too much of anyone.

I could be wrong as obviously I’ve no idea of the facts, but it looks to me that it’s not down to a lack of effort on Flo’s part and I think this would have been better dealt with privately.

bingo70
22-12-2018, 06:57 PM
Apart from Matt Le Tissier, everyone misses penalties from time to time. It was a poor pen, sure, but there was a lot of mind games between the decision and the kick being taken and I wonder if that was enough to affect his decision making. I think he’s actually been bursting a gut in last couple of months to be the main man again. It’s only occasionally working, he’s clearly frustrated and I wouldn’t be surprised if his head has gone down a bit.

But the the biggest problem for Flo is that he’s not getting the service. Feed the (Alpine mountain) goat and he will score. Loads! Instead he’s been trying to conjure it up himself, and that’s asking too much of anyone.

I could be wrong as obviously I’ve no idea of the facts, but it looks to me that it’s not down to a lack of effort on Flo’s part and I think this would have been better dealt with privately.

Yup, I don’t get why missing a penalty is apparently a sign of a bad attitude or not trying? He didn’t mean to miss it and the keeper guessed the right way, it happens.

SideBurns
22-12-2018, 06:58 PM
I just don't understand why Lennon feels he has to publicly single out Kamberi. He wasn't brilliant when he came on and is frustrating at times, but was still an improvement on Shaw (and Allan, for that matter). He's a young player with huge potential; maybe if Lennon had signed an experienced striker like Kenny Miller then Flo (and others) would have a role model at the club to learn from....?

FitbaFolkKen
22-12-2018, 06:59 PM
Just seen the goal.

Absolutely, McGregor and Porteous should have dealt with it all day long.

Shrekko
22-12-2018, 06:59 PM
I wonder if all the experts saying this should have been done behind closed doors know for sure it hasn’t been done 100 times already?

I wish we hadn’t signed Kamberi now. I wonder if he wanted to be elsewhere but got stuck cos we had the first option to buy. He is not playing like the player he was last season. His hold up play is utterly pathetic and I’m watching something different to those who can’t see that.

It’s all very well cupping your ears and putting your finger to your lips when you finally score but it all seems a long time ago today.

Lennon is obviously exasperated and so he should be- we obviously pushed the boat out for him.. a player who was on the scrap heap.

Captain Trips
22-12-2018, 07:00 PM
That was IMO awful stuff from all over the place. The first half was dreadful NL needs to look at himself every bit as much as some of the players.

Not good enough.

tonyrougier123
22-12-2018, 07:00 PM
Flo is a very good player for us,we need better signings to get the best out of our top striker,good players cost money so we need to spend its as simple as that,why are we constantly looking for a bargain in transfer market instead of identifying and signing good players who are consistent.get the wallet out hibs.still penny pinchin!!!

EH54
22-12-2018, 07:01 PM
Away lennon, your team selections and poor signings are causing the inconsistency nowt else. Not sure I'd trust him with another window the way things have been going. I took pellets for being negative but can you now see why??

WhileTheChief..
22-12-2018, 07:03 PM

It’s the way some folk go about disagreeing.

“Lennon can GTF” for example.

As an aside, I know we all like to have our opinions, but I think I’ll take Lennon’s word on all things team related over internet strangers any day of the week.

It’s not about having absolute faith. I wanted Fenlon, Calderwood amd Butcher gone long before they eventually left.

I just happen to think that Lennon is a fantastic manager but also understand that we’re Hibs and won’t win every game.

I choose to support him win, lose or draw. Some only support him when we win it appears.

Or when he’s kind to our kids and has some chat with them! ;)

Lago
22-12-2018, 07:04 PM
True, but why single out Flo for a public whipping he's not alone in not turning up. His goal against Celtic was terrific.

kaimendhibs
22-12-2018, 07:04 PM
I wonder if all the experts saying this should have been done behind closed doors know for sure it hasn’t been done 100 times already?

I wish we hadn’t signed Kamberi now. I wonder if he wanted to be elsewhere but got stuck cos we had the first option to buy. He is not playing like the player he was last season. His hold up play is utterly pathetic and I’m watching something different to those who can’t see that.

It’s all very well cupping your ears and putting your finger to your lips when you finally score but it all seems a long time ago today.

Lennon is obviously exasperated and so he should be- we obviously pushed the boat out for him.. a player who was on the scrap heap.Date 22.12.18. I say today that I suspect Flo has had his head turned elsewhere.

kaimendhibs
22-12-2018, 07:05 PM
Away lennon, your team selections and poor signings are causing the inconsistency nowt else. Not sure I'd trust him with another window the way things have been going. I took pellets for being negative but can you now see why??Better get a new boss then. Who do you suggest?

wookie70
22-12-2018, 07:07 PM
I strongly disagree.

Neil Lennon does not slate players "often" but occasionally and certainly when it is fully justified and deserved.

Lennon or Parker have now slated Flo twice in a few weeks. He has called his team playboys, he called out Cummings, questioned the teams professionalism in boot choice and has questioned desire on a number of occasions. He has a tendency to let rip at players individually or collectively when we are on a poor run and it is getting worsde now he is feeling a bit of pressure.
Was it fully justified and deserved given Kamberi's performance today?
Do you think Kamberi will improve because of these comments?

we are hibs
22-12-2018, 07:08 PM
Date 22.12.18. I say today that I suspect Flo has had his head turned elsewhere.

Based on what?

SquashedFrogg
Away lennon, your team selections and poor signings are causing the inconsistency nowt else. Not sure I'd trust him with another window the way things have been going. I took pellets for being negative but can you now see why??

Stressful time of the year? Relax mate. It's Christmas 👍

bingo70
It’s the way some folk go about disagreeing.

“Lennon can GTF” for example.

As an aside, I know we all like to have our opinions, but I think I’ll take Lennon’s word on all things team related over internet strangers any day of the week.

It’s not about having absolute faith. I wanted Fenlon, Calderwood amd Butcher gone long before they eventually left.

I just happen to think that Lennon is a fantastic manager but also understand that we’re Hibs and won’t win every game.

I choose to support him win, lose or draw. Some only support him when we win it appears.

Or when he’s kind to our kids and has some chat with them! ;)

I support Lennon and think he’s a very good manager........especially as he was nice to my boy at the calendar signing 😂

I just can’t believe anyone, including him, can’t see he got that team wrong today. It was clear as day and even him changing it at half time suggests he got it wrong.

Why is it so difficult for people, including him today, to say he gambled that didn’t work? It happens sometimes. Why does one player need to be blamed for it?

mcfly
22-12-2018, 07:11 PM
All those people slagging Kamberi

Tell me what did shaw and Allan do in the first half?

Also the service Kamberi got last season was from a great midfield.

Our midfield this season is poor and so is the service. Kamberi is our only decent striker and throwing him under the bus is wrong in my view.

I do feel our signings have been poor and we need to get in at least 3 players with a striker and midfielder a priority.

We have had far too many poor performances this season. Today was terrible

JohnM1875
22-12-2018, 07:17 PM
****ing brutal from Lennon. Can't believe he's done this so publicly.

Hi Heid Yin
22-12-2018, 07:18 PM
I didn’t suggest he should be hung out to dry. That would be poor management. I was more referencing your post which was heavily balanced in his favour.

Interested that you think he can call people out but shouldn’t be called out himself. What’s the difference?

For me it's horses for courses. There is no black and white/across the board way to deal with players and/or managers.

For me, calling out a player in public lets me know that the manager has probably exhausted the "carrot" and now needs to resort to the "stick"...Which could be

interpreted as "last chance saloon" for that player (Think Stokes!)

I'm happy for Neil Lennon to adopt the same approach for any player.

As for calling out a manager:

Our board to date have a proven track-record of dealing with "under-performing/under achieving managers and will let us know in their own good time what conclusions they have arrived at and what

actions they will take regarding that managers position.

I'm happy for them to continue to adopt the same approach for Neil Lennon.

WhileTheChief..
22-12-2018, 07:20 PM
I’d imagine he made so many changes today due to the gruelling schedule of games we’ve to face in a short period of time.

If he’d kept the same team as last week and the same result happened, then guess what, Lennon’s fault for not changing things!

kaimendhibs
22-12-2018, 07:21 PM
Based on what?His attitude. Way back to when sub against St. Johnstone away. Warming up behind the goals, fans singing his song, didn't even look up. His performances, only scored against Celtc since last goal against Celtc. The manager saying they have spoken to him for a while.

kaimendhibs
22-12-2018, 07:22 PM
Watch for transfer request going in.

Heisenberg
Can’t believe he gives pass marks to Allan but rips into Flo. Shaw and even more so Allan aren’t good enough for where we want to be. Get a better midfield in behind Flo/MacLaren and see what happens.

Milligan is past it. Slivka isn’t consistently good enough. Hyndman can go back in January.

EH54
Better get a new boss then. Who do you suggest?

Steve Clarke obviously choice. Not sure he would be up for it though.

Smartie
22-12-2018, 07:23 PM
I don't like this from Lennon.

Kamberi generally did fine today, he was the best of our strikers.

He stepped up to take a penalty and made a mess of it. Big deal, it happens. If he'd been hiding away not wanting to take it I'd be more pissed off but he put himself up there to be shot at.

He took a heavy touch then was outmuscled by a lump of a player. One lump up the park and the ball was in our net. It is grossly unfair to pin that goal on Flo.

Lennon's throwing him under the bus. If losing possession in the opposition half lost you a goal every time, Hyndman gave a season's worth of goals away this afternoon.

One man made a horse's arse of the summer transfer window and it has left us desperately short on quality. He knows it, we know it, and if he wants to be trusted with the job of turning it around, he needs to stop pointing the finger everywhere else and have a long look at himself.

kaimendhibs
Can’t believe he gives pass marks to Allan but rips into Flo. Shaw and even more so Allan aren’t good enough for where we want to be. Get a better midfield in behind Flo/MacLaren and see what happens.

Milligan is past it. Slivka isn’t consistently good enough. Hyndman can go back in January.Kamberi is meant to be the main striker. Allan is a boy as is Oli

kaimendhibs
Steve Clarke obviously choice. Not sure he would be up for it though.Sadly I don't think he would leave Killie for us. Which is brutal btw

JohnM1875
22-12-2018, 07:25 PM

He stepped up to take a penalty and made a mess of it. Big deal, it happens. If he'd been hiding away not wanting to take it I'd be more pissed off but he put himself up there to be shot at.

He took a heavy touch then was outmuscled by a lump of a player. One lump up the park and the ball was in our net. It is grossly unfair to pin that goal on Flo.

Lennon's throwing him under the bus. If losing possession in the opposition half lost you a goal every time, Hyndman gave a season's worth of goals away this afternoon.

One man made a horse's arse of the summer transfer window and it has left us desperately short on quality. He knows it, we know it, and if he wants to be trusted with the job of turning it around, he needs to stop pointing the finger everywhere else and have a long look at himself.

Like this and totally agree!

It was one ball played over the top after Flo lost the ball that took out two defenders. Embarrassing stuff.

bingo70
22-12-2018, 07:26 PM
Kamberi is meant to be the main striker. Allan is a boy as is Oli

We were a million times better when Kamberi came on though.

Allan and Shaw aren’t boys, they’re inexperience strikers but they’re still professional footballers that need to be better than they were today.

JohnM1875
22-12-2018, 07:27 PM

You're right. Why then, has Lennon chose to play two boys upfront?

Allan in particular didn't look anywhere near ready to start for us.

mcfly
22-12-2018, 07:28 PM

Milligan is past it. Slivka isn’t consistently good enough. Hyndman can go back in January.

I’d keep Hyndman and Slivka but shaw and Allan were dreadful today.

Milligan too slow for me.

Lennons signings have been poor, he has had a huge budget to play with and it’s his fault the team aren’t performing.

We need better players in January he better find them.

Kamberi is quality - slagging him in public is just plain wrong

kaimendhibs
22-12-2018, 07:29 PM
No idea but probably says more about Flo and Jamie than Oli and Lewis

GreenProfessor
22-12-2018, 07:30 PM

You sir, have summed this up very well 👍🏻

SideBurns
22-12-2018, 07:32 PM

Allan is 22, Kamberi is 23. Why is acceptable to publicly crucify Kamberi, but not Allan?? Just because Kamberi is obviously a far better player?

makaveli1875
22-12-2018, 07:32 PM

Allan is only a year younger than flo, Shaw is 2 years younger

EH54
22-12-2018, 07:33 PM

This.

matty_f
22-12-2018, 07:35 PM

There's loads of folk moaning about him. :confused:

The Harp Awakes
22-12-2018, 07:37 PM

Absolutely spot on.

matty_f
22-12-2018, 07:39 PM
We were a million times better when Kamberi came on though.

Allan and Shaw aren’t boys, they’re inexperience strikers but they’re still professional footballers that need to be better than they were today.

I thought we looked much better after Kamberi came on.

I don't think the way we are playing right now suits Kamberi. That's Lennon's problem, rather than Flo's to be honest.

The 90+2
22-12-2018, 07:39 PM
Ok. Tell me this. If Lennon goes who do you think we could get who would improve us? He puts the team on the park, it's up to them to perform.
Do you think Flo is busting a gut?
We were all creaming when we signed Flo, Jamie, Mallan, Milligan, Hyndman.
Is it Lennon's fault they haven't performed as we would have hoped?

I’ve no idea but borderline bullying a boy still quite new to the country and is young and away from home is out of order. First Parker then Lennon, it’s like they’ve reacted badly to his celebration against Celtic.

I wasn’t creaming in regard to a lot of them but it’s down to the manager to get the best out of our squad and half way through the season it seems we are only motivated for the big games.

What does it gain randomly ripping Flo? He didn’t play the first half either. Flo doesn’t cause the team to punt it directly up the channels all the time neither.

Shrekko
22-12-2018, 07:45 PM
I thought we looked much better after Kamberi came on.

I don't think the way we are playing right now suits Kamberi. That's Lennon's problem, rather than Flo's to be honest.

It’s not Lennon’s fault when someone fails to control balls time after time is it? Surely the player has to take the blame when he doesn’t challenge or passes balls straight to the opposition?

You honestly saying his brutal level of performance is not his own fault?

Jamie Vardy was interviewed this week and said the new Leicester bosses style didn’t really suit him but he’d need to try harder to adapt and today he scores a winner at Chelsea. That’s the difference between a star and someone who thinks he’s a star.

Lennon says they’ve talked to him constantly about his game but he rarely pays attention - is that not selling the fans short?

Northernhibee
22-12-2018, 07:47 PM
How classless. GTF, and I’ll pay for the taxi myself.

SteveHFC
22-12-2018, 07:47 PM
:agree:

kaimendhibs
22-12-2018, 07:48 PM
Allan is only a year younger than flo, Shaw is 2 years youngerOk fair play. But we paid a fair few (for us) for Kamberi and he is not performing as expected

CropleyWasGod
22-12-2018, 07:48 PM
I’ve no idea but borderline bullying a boy still quite new to the country and is young and away from home is out of order. First Parker then Lennon, it’s like they’ve reacted badly to his celebration against Celtic.

I wasn’t creaming in regard to a lot of them but it’s down to the manager to get the best out of our squad and half way through the season it seems we are only motivated for the big games.

What does it gain randomly ripping Flo? He didn’t play the first half either. Flo doesn’t cause the team to punt it directly up the channels all the time neither.

Cammy Bell was on Off the Ball today talking about how good Lennon's man-management skills are.

Personally, I'd rather listen to someone who's actually worked with the guy than most of us on here who haven't. I'd also echo those on here who think that Lennon knows the players a helluva lot better than we do.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

The Harp Awakes
22-12-2018, 07:49 PM
We were P1sh for most of the game today because of Neil's team selection rather than Flo. So to single him out is way off the mark.

And by the way I'm a big Lennon fan. I just hope he's not losing the plot.

J-C
Once again the management have a go in public about there start player, seem to remember Jose doing that down Man U way, how did that work out for him there?

Doing this on a regular basis will lose the dressing room if it isn't lost already, some of the senior pros won't like it and it could cost Lennon, also the fans may start to turn if results and his public moaning continues.

bingo70
It’s not Lennon’s fault when someone fails to control balls time after time is it? Surely the player has to take the blame when he doesn’t challenge or passes balls straight to the opposition?

Jamie Vardy was interviewed this week and said the new Leicester bosses style didn’t really suit him but he’d need to try harder to adapt and today he scores a winner at Chelsea. That’s the difference between a star and someone who thinks he’s a star.

Lennon says they’ve talked to him constantly about his game but he rarely pays attention - is that not selling the fans short?

We had four forwards on the park today and Flo was by a country mile our best one, and we improved considerably when he came on, why single him out for criticism?

kaimendhibs
How classless. GTF, and I’ll pay for the taxi myself.Shockerooni. You hate Lennon don't you.

we are hibs
22-12-2018, 07:51 PM
His attitude. Way back to when sub against St. Johnstone away. Warming up behind the goals, fans singing his song, didn't even look up. His performances, only scored against Celtc since last goal against Celtc. The manager saying they have spoken to him for a while.

You could say the same about Lennon's attitude considering hes threatened to walk twice; if the managers attitude stinks it's going to rub off onto the players.

SideBurns
22-12-2018, 07:51 PM

I'll agree with this. Lennon seems to have singled out Kamberi as the scapegoat at the moment. Even last week, after a brilliant goal against Celtic, he felt the need to criticise Flo.

In fact, he couldn't praise the team after the Celtic gemme without mentioning the "pathetic" team performance at Killie a fortnight previously (the team selection, tactics, and formation weren't pathetic of course - just the performance). I'm concerned about the man management at the moment; if this had been Lennon's approach over the last couple of relatively successful years I'd say that it seemed to work, but it hasn't been his way - he appears to be determined to go to town on the players at every opportunity recently. It is strange.

GreenProfessor
22-12-2018, 07:52 PM
We had four forwards on the park today and Flo was by a country mile our best one, and we improved considerably when he came on, why single him out for criticism?

Exactly...according to the BBC report, Lennon exempted Lewis Allan from any criticism today....🤔

JimBHibees
22-12-2018, 07:53 PM

Oh dear.

Shrekko
22-12-2018, 07:55 PM

Cos he’s our most talented forward, by far the highest paid and he’s been under performing for weeks and the manager- who sees him every day, reckons he couldn’t care less.

The team played better in the 2nd half but I only saw Ambrose, Boyle and Porteous showing any kind of responsibility.

Why do you think you’ve got a better reading of the situation than Lennon?

This all just about favourites and not seeing a players short-comings. For a player with his talent he has been utterly honking this season. Allan doesn’t have his talent so why compare the 2?

kaimendhibs
22-12-2018, 07:56 PM
Cos he’s our most talented forward, by far the highest paid and he’s been under performing for weeks and the manager- who sees him every day, reckons he couldn’t care less.

The team played better in the 2nd half but I only saw Ambrose, Boyle and Porteous showing any kind of responsibility.

Why do you think you’ve for a better reading of the situation than Lennon?

This all just about favourites and not seeing a players short-comings. For a player with his talent he has been utterly honking this season. Allan doesn’t have his talent so why compare the 2?[emoji122][emoji122][emoji122][emoji122][emoji122][emoji122][emoji122]

Northernhibee
22-12-2018, 07:57 PM
Oh dear.

Nah, I’ve had enough of him not taking responsibility. Flo isn’t the issue, his lack of leadership and responsibility when things aren’t going right is. Awful form, getting poor performance out of very decent players and Butcher tactics line this.

You can’t go “Well Done Neil Lennon” when the whole team raises their game against Celtic and absolve him of blame when we are poor and neither can he. I’m one of the very few sticking to my guns on this.

I cannot stand the man.

hibee-boys
22-12-2018, 07:58 PM
When I first read these quotes I thought it was a wind up. There is one major culprit for our lack of victory today and it wasn't Kamberi. Lennon must've been the only man in Edinburgh who thought todays team/formation was the right option for this game. He sacraficed 3 points at home to focus on boxing day, we don't have the strength in depth to play that game.

I've no doubt Lewis Allan is a good lad but he's shown nothing in the first team, and little in the development team, that would lead me to believe he'll do anything other than follow in the footsteps of Handling, Stanton, Harris etc.

Hibee Mac
Kamberi was not the problem today.

Useless midfield, terrible team selection and formation and a bit of crap defending lost us the points today.

Pretty Boy
I don't like that at all and hace said as much before. I constantly read about NL having 'credit in the bank'. What about Kamberi? He was excellent last season; doesn't he deserve a bit respect and understanding during a tough time?

It seems sone don't like fans criticising players, fair enough, but their whole attitude changes when the manager does it. That interview is Butcheresque frankly. Maybe Kamberi, and a few others, isn't performing to the expected standard consistently at the moment but neither is the management team and it's about time they took a bit responsibility as well. The scapegoating of certain players is really poor stuff.

bingo70
You could say the same about Lennon's attitude considering hes threatened to walk twice; if the managers attitude stinks it's going to rub off onto the players.

He criticised Kamberi for not turning up against the smaller teams but playing well in the big games.

Be interesting to see if Lennon would play that same starting 11 that started today against Rangers or Celtic, I personally don’t think he would so is he guilty of not showing the same respect to Livingston as he shows rangers/Celtic?

Hibee Mac
22-12-2018, 08:00 PM
Take some responsibility Lennon

neil7908
22-12-2018, 08:01 PM
I don't like that at all and hace said as much before. I constantly read about NL having 'credit in the bank'. What about Kamberi? He was excellent last season; doesn't he deserve a bit respect and understanding during a tough time?

It seems sone don't like fans criticising players, fair enough, but their whole attitude changes when the manager does it. That interview is Butcheresque frankly.

Exactly. Fans on the here having a go at fellows Hibs supporters for not backing Lennon. Well are they backing Kamberi now? Or happy to throw him under the bus cause our manager says so.

GreenProfessor
22-12-2018, 08:02 PM

This all just about favourites and not seeing a players short-comings. For a player with his talent he has been utterly honking this season. Allan doesn’t have his talent so why compare the 2?

Kamberi played in 14 league games and scored 9 last season according to Wiki.

This season, 14 league appearances and scored 5.

Given the vastly inferior midfield we currently have versus second half of last season and the lack of good service I don't think this is brutal form...

JohnM1875
22-12-2018, 08:02 PM

Never understood stuff like this myself.

"Why do you think you’ve got a better reading of the situation than Lennon?"

So, going by that you don't think managers can get it wrong? Butcher was right to go through players then as well I imagine?

bingo70
22-12-2018, 08:03 PM

Why do I think I’ve got a better understanding of the situation?

This is a message board for us to give our opinions, that’s all I’m doing.

FWIW I said at the game Kamberi is one of the few positives and players with genuine quality we’ve got.

I can’t believe I’m reading he’s blaming him for it, his contribution when he came on was fine imo. It wasn’t brilliant but he was trying to make the most of the scraps he was getting.

Fife-Hibee
22-12-2018, 08:03 PM
People still read The Sun in Scotland? Incredible. :rolleyes:

RIP
22-12-2018, 08:04 PM
The end result of this public humiliation will be one of the Old Firm will snap him up. Under Rodgers or Gerrard man management skills I can see the young lad blossoming.

I’m sad to see the way Neil has conducted himself in public this winter. Falls well short of the leadership skills he demonstrated last season.

The 90+2
22-12-2018, 08:09 PM
Date 22.12.18. I say today that I suspect Flo has had his head turned elsewhere.

I feel sorry for him.

Hi Heid Yin
22-12-2018, 08:10 PM

"Bullying" is not how I interpret Neil Lennon's or Garry Parker's call outs of Kamberi.

Bullying for me is a sustained attack over a lengthy period of time, and this is certainly not the case with kamberi.

On the contrary, our managers have heaped more than enough praise on Kamberi in the past 12 months.

Kamberi is leading the line for a professional high profile football club.

He is a man (and a big one at that) and not a boy.

If he is inclined to go into a sulk and "down tools" for being called-out publicly then he needs to, quickly, pardon the pun, "man-up!"... if only for the

good of his own career as a professional footballer.

The 90+2
22-12-2018, 08:11 PM
The end result of this public humiliation will be one of the Old Firm will snap him up. Under Rodgers or Gerrard man management skills I can see the young lad blossoming.

I’m sad to see the way Neil has conducted himself in public this winter. Falls well short of the leadership skills he demonstrated last season.

I can’t imagine it will be swallowed up by Leanne and GC when they meet up on Monday and Neil blames Kamberi. Has he ever taken responsibility for any peformance? Considering the limelight he loves when we win...

The 90+2
22-12-2018, 08:12 PM
"Bullying" is not how I interpret Neil Lennon's or Garry Parker's call outs of Kamberi.

Bullying for me is a sustained attack over a lengthy period of time, and this is certainly not the case with kamberi.

On the contrary, our managers have heaped more than enough praise on Kamberi in the past 12 months.

If he is inclined to go into a sulk and "down tools" then he needs to quickly, pardon the pun, "man-up!"

He’s being singled out for not winning today after also being singled out prior to today. I would call it a form of bullying and I don’t like it.

He shouldn’t have to “man up” that’s a shocking comment considering how precious some get when Neil gets any stick.

GreenProfessor
22-12-2018, 08:15 PM
He’s being singled out for not winning today after also being singled out prior to today. I would call it a form of bullying and I don’t like it.

He shouldn’t have to “man up” that’s a shocking comment considering how precious some get when Neil gets any stick.

I tend to agree with you here.

It's maybe a bit simplistic, but in my mind you should win as a team and lose as a team....all post match debriefing and aportion of blame done behind closed doors...

The Modfather
22-12-2018, 08:16 PM
Really poor from Lennon, I could accept the approach to constantly single out Kamberi if he was as forthcoming and insightful in all the mistakes he himself makes.

We’re only getting one side of the story, maybe Kamberi would have a different take on things than Lennons version. The disappointing consequence to this is that we now have Hibs fans questioning Kamberi’s effort and that he’s acting like a big time Charlie. Can’t say I’ve seen that in Kamberi’s performances myself. I still see flashes of the Kamberi of last season but he’s clearly not playing as well as last season. Which isn’t surprising as not many players are.

truehibernian
22-12-2018, 08:19 PM
Simply appalling man management from Lennon. From a guy who has received such support behind the scenes and at times the club covered for him, to hang a player out to dry like that and question professionalism, utterly awful management - he needs to look in the mirror himself !

Callum_62
22-12-2018, 08:19 PM
Confidence has nothing to with application

ekhibee
22-12-2018, 08:20 PM
I think Lennon was wrong to make this criticism public, as Parker had already done that a couple of weeks earlier, and I didn't agree with that either. I thought Hibs were ***** today, a long time before Kamberi came on.

Pretty Boy
22-12-2018, 08:21 PM

If he is inclined to go into a sulk and "down tools" for being called-out publicly then he needs to, quickly, pardon the pun, "man-up!"... if only for the

good of his own career as a professional footballer.

It's becoming sustained public attacks on him now. Why should he have to 'man up' to that?

Add to this Lennons comments about player being unprofessional and threatening to walk away after a defeat at Tynecastle after he changed a settled, winning formation or his implication on Wednesday that Marciano was somehow to blame for the injury he sustained and there's a pattern developing.

I wouldn't mind if there was a 'we all have to do better' edge to the comments but it's just a complete abdication of responsibility from the management and that's unfair.

Weegreenman
22-12-2018, 08:22 PM
Lennon playing a dangerous game here if you ask me. He’s brought in several players that just haven’t cut the mustard but seems to be taking it out on McLaren and Kamberi for some reason. All very strange.

Nakedmanoncrack
22-12-2018, 08:23 PM
Simply appalling man management from Lennon. From a guy who has received such support behind the scenes and at times the club covered for him, to hang a player out to dry like that and question professionalism, utterly awful management - he needs to look in the mirror himself !

I'd agree, it's a disappointing rant.

Callum_62
22-12-2018, 08:24 PM
Lennon playing a dangerous game here if you ask me. He’s brought in several players that just haven’t cut the mustard but seems to be taking it out on McLaren and Kamberi for some reason. All very strange.

I dont really find the kamberi criticism
Strange

He should be our talisman - dragging us through games - being our Morelos with the annoyance factor

Hes not been anywhere near the levels of effort and application from last year

truehibernian
22-12-2018, 08:29 PM
Fans have to rally around Kamberi - Lennon has totally gone beyond where a manager should tread by calling a player out in the media like that (and Parker)

Hi Heid Yin
22-12-2018, 08:30 PM
I tend to agree with you here.

It's maybe a bit simplistic, but in my mind you should win as a team and lose as a team....all post match debriefing and aportion of blame done behind closed doors...

On the whole I would agree with this, and I'm sure that the overwhelming bulk of things relayed to the players by Neil Lennon is said behind closed doors in the fashion that you state,

but occasionally ( and I repeat ad nauseum: occasionally) a player (whom the managers know better than any of us on Hibs.net) might just benefit (in the managers eyes) from a public lambasting when all else has failed.

If all else has failed and a player still does not respond to a public call-out ( some say humiliation) by delivering improved and consistent performances, the question then has to be: What good is that player to Hibs or his team mates?

bingo70
22-12-2018, 08:33 PM
On the whole I would agree with this, and I'm sure that the overwhelming bulk of things relayed to the players by Neil Lennon is said behind closed doors in the fashion that you state,

but occasionally ( and I repeat ad nauseum: occasionally) a player (whom the managers know better than any of us on Hibs.net) might just benefit (in the managers eyes) from a public lambasting when all else has failed.

If all else has failed and a player still does not respond to a public call-out ( some say humiliation) by delivering improved and consistent performances, the question then has to be: What good is that player to Hibs or his team mates?

He even called him out after a good performance and terrific goal against Celtic though.

Sheffhibee
Odds On - Flo will sign for Celtic in the window ,you heard it hear first. transfer request incoming....

Callum_62
For sure this wont be a knee jerk reaction

I can almost guarantee this had been ongoing for months with the stats to back up the management team

The amount of times ive said “thats too easy” as Kamberi was dispossessed again - the exact phrase i used just before Hardie was put through

B.H.F.C
22-12-2018, 08:35 PM
He even called him out after a good performance and terrific goal against Celtic though.

Yep, that was even more odd.

Something has clearly went on behind the scenes.

GreenProfessor
22-12-2018, 08:37 PM

I think that's a completely fair point...none of us know what is really going on behind the scenes. Personally, I don't think we drew today because of Kamberi and in that regard he shouldn't have been singled out in public, especially after his contribution a few days earlier against Celtic.

B.H.F.C
22-12-2018, 08:38 PM
For sure this wont be a knee jerk reaction

I can almost guarantee this had been ongoing for months with the stats to back up the management team

The amount of times ive said “thats too easy” as Kamberi was dispossessed again - the exact phrase i used just before Hardie was put through

If the management team want to take stats for the season in to account then there are quite a few that don’t reflect well on them either.....

truehibernian
22-12-2018, 08:39 PM
I dont really find the kamberi criticism
Strange

He should be our talisman - dragging us through games - being our Morelos with the annoyance factor

Hes not been anywhere near the levels of effort and application from last year

Neil Lennon hid from media responsibilities and we gave him the time and credit he deserved - funny that when results ‘pick up’ he is then so vocal both in praise and criticism.

One thing I’ve noticed in his tenure is he’s not in tune with the psychological aspect of football management and is too reserved. Today for example was a time to play all your top players, get the win, and get above your city rivals to gain a psychological edge - instead he didn’t and failed (again) to capitalise - he did the same tail end last season where he tinkered with selections when players were hitting form.

Today’s selection was bizarre, and he (Lennon) needs to accept responsibility as much as the players - I’m getting sick and tired of him absolving himself of blame - today’s picks were wrong and he failed to capitalise on momentum.

Calling out Flo is weak and he owes the player and the support an apology.

Tyler Durden
22-12-2018, 08:40 PM

Re your last sentence, Lennon didn’t say that or anything of the sort.

What he did say is that he “doesn’t know if it’s a confidence or application thing”. I think he should know which but it hasn’t stopped him slagging the guy off. Kamberi had 2 pretty solid games in a week against the OF. Most normal managers would use that as an opportunity to praise the player and build him back up.

Zazu62
22-12-2018, 08:42 PM
Lennons not daft, he’s trying to get Kamberi and McLaren fired up for the Rangers and Hearts games. Let’s hope it works.

Callum_62
22-12-2018, 08:43 PM
If the management team want to take stats for the season in to account then there are quite a few that don’t reflect well on them either.....

Do you think one of them is effort?

I said it ages ago that Flos attitude is wrong- its seems the management team agree and have tried other way to get through to him, which hasn’t worked

Maybe this will, maybe it wont

Only Flo can change that though

He has everything to be a top player but he wont get anywhere without maximum effort

How many games do you see Morelos be almost anonymous?

Even when hes poor on the ball hes a nuisance - as was Kamberi, last year

geohibby
22-12-2018, 08:43 PM

He missed the penalty so he did cost us

chrisski33
22-12-2018, 08:45 PM
Dont see the fuss tbh if players arent performing well dont see an issue with manager stating it. Too many "delicate" players these days!

Callum_62
22-12-2018, 08:46 PM
Kamberi had 2 pretty solid games in a week against the OF. Most normal managers would use that as an opportunity to praise the player and build him back up.

Interestingly i did notice Craigan making a comment about “all very well doing it when the cameras are here....”

Thought that was interesting

Callum_62
22-12-2018, 08:47 PM
He missed the penalty so he did cost us

And his weak play lead to there goal

Kamberis our best striker by miles - he needs to be at it much mkre though

Shrekko
22-12-2018, 08:47 PM
Re your last sentence, Lennon didn’t say that or anything of the sort.

What he did say is that he “doesn’t know if it’s a confidence or application thing”. I think he should know which but it hasn’t stopped him slagging the guy off. Kamberi had 2 pretty solid games in a week against the OF. Most normal managers would use that as an opportunity to praise the player and build him back up.

He said they’d had lot of talks with him in private and it’s been hit or miss but mainly miss.

All this talk of bullying etc is embarrassing. He showed at Tynecastle its all about him- his lack of effort in some games is ridiculous when you look at the running he did last season.

Blaster
22-12-2018, 08:48 PM

Does that allow him to be poor? You slag our recruitment but back a player who is clearly not trying a leg

snedzuk
22-12-2018, 08:49 PM
Lennons not daft, he’s trying to get Kamberi and McLaren fired up for the Rangers and Hearts games. Let’s hope it works.

You get 3 points for beating livvy as well - maybe he could have fired them up for that.

truehibernian
22-12-2018, 08:49 PM

Calling out a guys professionalism and appetite in public (Flo) and playing Lewis Allan ahead of JM - aye, nae bother - fired up to leave the club perhaps, forget games v The Rangers and Hearts - I’m still incredulous he called out Flo today !

Change of manager for me - Lennon is on a self destruct and it’s obvious - no way would he do or say what he has at Celtic. Managers have a shelf life, for me NL has had his. It’s not so much results, it’s his demeanour and behaviour now that’s annoying me - and it must be unsettling the club.

bingo70
22-12-2018, 08:50 PM
Does that allow him to be poor? You slag our recruitment but back a player who is clearly not trying a leg

That’s not clear at all.

I personally don’t think there was anything wrong with his effort today.

Northernhibee
22-12-2018, 08:52 PM

Absolute, unmitigated bollocks. He scores goals, he was great at the start of the season and when not injured was key in the Europa League games and he was majestic against Celtic. He's misused and mistreated.

Kamberi is our best player.

MWHIBBIES
22-12-2018, 08:53 PM
Interestingly i did notice Craigan making a comment about “all very well doing it when the cameras are here....”

Thought that was interesting

Had many good games when the cameras haven't been there. And a few pish ones when they are (Hearts)

Blaster
22-12-2018, 08:54 PM
That’s not clear at all.

I personally don’t think there was anything wrong with his effort today.

For a supposedly quality player his hold up play is crap. What did he do today that was any better than Allan? Is he applying himself the same as last season? Answer is no. He cost us the goal today. Chicken hearted and I hate slagging our own players

Tyler Durden
22-12-2018, 08:55 PM
He said they’d had lot of talks with him in private and it’s been hit or miss but mainly miss.

All this talk of bullying etc is embarrassing. He showed at Tynecastle its all about him- his lack of effort in some games is ridiculous when you look at the running he did last season.

Which is nothing like suggesting a player "rarely pays attention" to his manager.

Do you think a player just has to decide that they're going to have a great game? Does anyone think he hasn't been trying 100% since Parker slagged him off?

May21/05/16
22-12-2018, 08:56 PM
Quiet right Neil his attitude stinks

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Blaster
Absolute, unmitigated bollocks. He scores goals, he was great at the start of the season and when not injured was key in the Europa League games and he was majestic against Celtic. He's misused and mistreated.

When interested yes he is mate. But you surely can’t disagree he is not the player from last season

truehibernian
For a supposedly quality player his hold up play is crap. What did he do today that was any better than Allan? Is he applying himself the same as last season? Answer is no. He cost us the goal today. Chicken hearted and I hate slagging our own players

Stepped up to take the penalty, as bad as it was, proved he ain’t ‘chicken hearted’.

Was the manager chicken hearted ducking the press during our bad run ?

truehibernian
22-12-2018, 08:57 PM
Quiet right Neil his attitude stinks

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

So does Lennon’s !

Blaster
22-12-2018, 08:58 PM
Stepped up to take the penalty, as bad as it was, proved he ain’t ‘chicken hearted’.

Was the manager chicken hearted ducking the press during our bad run ?

Did he cost us the goal?
Did he miss the penalty?
Was his hold up play crap?

He is underperforming for the ability he has

truehibernian
22-12-2018, 09:00 PM
Did he cost us the goal?
Did he miss the penalty?

So is Lennon, big time - don’t hear him calling himself out for ludicrous team selections or going to press about what he’s told players in the dressing room that’s caused major unrest ? What’s good for the goose and all that.....

bigwheel
22-12-2018, 09:01 PM

I think the question being posed now by the coaches is - is he a player that is good when we are winning, or can he also be a consistent performer when our backs are against the wall? So far they are not sure...

SouthsideHarp_Bhoy

If you couldn't see the difference in our play before and after he came on then you must have been watching a different game to me.

Allan was hopeless all game, like a lost wee laddie.

Kamberi was decent when he came on.

I dont know what Lenny is up to, but its disappointing that just when we seemed to have moved past all of this stuff, he starts it again.

Shrekko
Which is nothing like suggesting a player "rarely pays attention" to his manager.

Do you think a player just has to decide that they're going to have a great game? Does anyone think he hasn't been trying 100% since Parker slagged him off?
We agree to differ on your first point.

No i think a player has to apply himself every game and his talent will shine through.

All the excuses for his performances are ridiculous. He’s arguably our most technically gifted player and was excellent last season when he basically ran his socks off.

bingo70
22-12-2018, 09:03 PM
Did he cost us the goal?
Did he miss the penalty?

No. He lost the ball about 70 yards From goal, you’re talking like he lost it in the edge of his box.

All players miss penalties some times, it happens and is in no way a reflection of his attitude.

If he was so bad at holding it up how come we got considerably better when he came on? He held it up better and was far more effective than shaw and Allan whfihnallowed us to get territory.

Tyler Durden
22-12-2018, 09:04 PM
Cammy Bell was on Off the Ball today talking about how good Lennon's man-management skills are.

Personally, I'd rather listen to someone who's actually worked with the guy than most of us on here who haven't. I'd also echo those on here who think that Lennon knows the players a helluva lot better than we do.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

How long was Cammy Bell at Easter Rd?

I don't really think previous seasons are relevant to be honest. Lennon's behaviour has changed this year. He's becoming increasingly erratic and unprofessional IMO.

You can maybe get away with that when you're winning games but patience fades when the leader chooses to blame everyone but himself

Blaster
22-12-2018, 09:06 PM
So is Lennon, big time - don’t hear him calling himself out for ludicrous team selections or going to press about what he’s told players in the dressing room that’s caused major unrest ? What’s good for the goose and all that.....

Need to agree to disagree mate. Managers try different things to get the best out of players. I’ve been annoyed for weeks about the hold up play of Kamberi.

Do I think the team Selection Today was correct? No far from it

Do I think the players on the park gave 100%. I don’t Think Kamberi did

Northernhibee
22-12-2018, 09:09 PM
I think the question being posed now by the coaches is - is he a player that is good when we are winning, or can he also be a consistent performer when our backs are against the wall? So far they are not sure...

Our coaches don't have a ****ing scooby, otherwise the constant, constant changing of things wouldn't happen. I hope we can keep Kamberi longer than we do them as he's a very talented young man.

bawheid
22-12-2018, 09:10 PM
Calling out a guys professionalism and appetite in public (Flo) and playing Lewis Allan ahead of JM - aye, nae bother - fired up to leave the club perhaps, forget games v The Rangers and Hearts - I’m still incredulous he called out Flo today !

Change of manager for me - Lennon is on a self destruct and it’s obvious - no way would he do or say what he has at Celtic. Managers have a shelf life, for me NL has had his. It’s not so much results, it’s his demeanour and behaviour now that’s annoying me - and it must be unsettling the club.

You’re the guy who thinks Marciano was “at it” with the finger injury, aren’t you? The finger injury he played through for weeks resulting in him needing an operation to fix it? lol

Unsettling the club? Aye, ok then... we’re unbeaten in five and Livi have shown time and again this season they’re no pushovers.

We’ve got a horrendous December and the management have obviously decided squad rotation is required. This was probably the game to do it and if Flo had scored his penalty it would have worked.

As for Flo, neither you nor I work with him day to day so neither of us can judge how he should be man managed. All we can go on is the testimony of people who have worked under Lennon. Like Flo, for example, who stated the main reason he came back to Hibs was to work with Lennon again.

Wind yer neck in FFS.

bawheid
22-12-2018, 09:12 PM
Our coaches don't have a ****ing scooby, otherwise the constant, constant changing of things wouldn't happen. I hope we can keep Kamberi longer than we do them as he's a very talented young man.

You should just admit that Lennon pumped your bird and be done with it.

kaimendhibs
I can’t imagine it will be swallowed up by Leanne and GC when they meet up on Monday and Neil blames Kamberi. Has he ever taken responsibility for any peformance? Considering the limelight he loves when we win...When he is gone, you can gloat. But remember to be careful what you wish for

Hi Heid Yin

Calling-out a player publicly is, in my mind, far from ideal, and was a last (and reluctant I'm sure) resort for our managers.

I don't for a second believe that Neil Lennon and Garry Parker called-out Flo Kamberi for any other reason than they felt it in the clubs best interests

to try to elicit better and improved performances from a player of undoubted quality who simply is/was not delivering.

Blaster
22-12-2018, 09:13 PM
No. He lost the ball about 70 yards From goal, you’re talking like he lost it in the edge of his box.

All players miss penalties some times, it happens and is in no way a reflection of his attitude.

If he was so bad at holding it up how come we got considerably better when he came on? He held it up better and was far more effective than shaw and Allan whfihnallowed us to get territory.

Lost the ball looking for a free kick 5-10 yards in their half looking for a foul. One pass later, clean through and they scored

He was better than shaw. Is that all we expect from one of our best players? I think we created a few chances in the first half too.

Maybe I just expect a player like Kamberi to produce more and look like he cares

kaimendhibs
22-12-2018, 09:13 PM

He shouldn’t have to “man up” that’s a shocking comment considering how precious some get when Neil gets any stick.Don't talk *****. Did Lennon say it was his fault we didn't win?

kaimendhibs
22-12-2018, 09:14 PM
Odds On - Flo will sign for Celtic in the window ,you heard it hear first. transfer request incoming....No we didn't.

Northernhibee
You should just admit that Lennon pumped your bird and be done with it.

He'd fail after picking the wrong chat up lines then blame someone else for his failure.

SRHibs
I don't really ever get the feeling that this kind of thing with Lennon is some sort of next level "tactical move" so much as it is a knee-jerk comment. Feel bad for Kamberi though.

truehibernian
Need to agree to disagree mate. Managers try different things to get the best out of players. I’ve been annoyed for weeks about the hold up play of Kamberi.

I’ve been annoyed for weeks that he’s not played our strongest starting eleven and that certain ‘injured’ players aren’t injured - what the argument is tonight is Lennon calling out Flo again for being unprofessional and/or not trying a leg - which I think is untrue.

I absolutely respect our manager taking time out from media duties for whatever reason, but if he does that, and media rightfully respect his reasons for that (despite knowing), don’t come out in the media when things are a wee bit rosier and discredit a player in the media the way he did - what he said about Flo today, and what Parker said weeks ago, is unprofessional - I’ve never heard them do that at Celtic ?

It may indeed have the desired effect - but if you heard the way Lennon spoke to Flo during and after last season’s derby at Tynie I’m not surprised at times that Flo thinks ‘**** off’ !

Tyler Durden
22-12-2018, 09:15 PM

I disagree with anyone saying Flo isn't trying.

But..... if that is the case and he's not giving 100%. Or he's not following instructions. Lennon needs to figure out how to fix that. Parker has already tried the public criticism stuff and from Lennons quotes it would seem they're still not happy with him.

So why the f@£k is Lennon playing that card again? Terrible management whatever way you look at it.

kaimendhibs
22-12-2018, 09:15 PM

Kamberi is our best player.No he isnt

kaimendhibs
22-12-2018, 09:16 PM
You should just admit that Lennon pumped your bird and be done with it.[emoji122][emoji122][emoji122][emoji122][emoji122]

bawheid
22-12-2018, 09:17 PM
He'd fail after picking the wrong chat up lines then blame someone else for his failure.

You hate him though, eh? It’s weird...

Blaster
22-12-2018, 09:17 PM
I’ve been annoyed for weeks that he’s not played our strongest starting eleven and that certain ‘injured’ players aren’t injured - what the argument is tonight is Lennon calling out Flo again for being unprofessional and/or not trying a leg - which I think is untrue.

I absolutely respect our manager taking time out from media duties for whatever reason, but if he does that, and media rightfully respect his reasons for that (despite knowing), don’t come out in the media when things are a wee bit rosier and discredit a player in the media the way he did - what he said about Flo today, and what Parker said weeks ago, is unprofessional - I’ve never heard them do that at Celtic ?

It may indeed have the desired effect - but if you heard the way Lennon spoke to Flo during and after last season’s derby at Tynie I’m not surprised at times that Flo thinks ‘**** off’ !

He spoke to him so bad he signed a contract with us? Lennon is not perfect but players need to grow a pair if they can’t take deserved criticism

kaimendhibs
22-12-2018, 09:18 PM
All you slagging Lennon, wait till he's gone and we get a loser like Butcher or Calderwood in. Then you can be happy. This site stinks

MWHIBBIES
22-12-2018, 09:19 PM
All you slagging Lennon, wait till he's gone and we get a loser like Butcher or Calderwood in. Then you can be happy. This site stinks

What if we get someone better?

Northernhibee
22-12-2018, 09:19 PM
You hate him though, eh? It’s weird...

I thought he was a bawbag who's only been able to win anything with the biggest budget before he joined Hibs and interviews like today certainly haven't changed my mind.

Hating his constant tantrums, rants, narcissism, inability to take responsibility for his errors and eroding Hibs into a one man show isn't weird, it's pining for the days we had a state where nobody was bigger than the club.

kaimendhibs
22-12-2018, 09:20 PM
What if we get someone better?Who? Come on, Who?

truehibernian
22-12-2018, 09:20 PM
You’re the guy who thinks Marciano was “at it” with the finger injury, aren’t you? The finger injury he played through for weeks resulting in him needing an operation to fix it? lol

Unsettling the club? Aye, ok then... we’re unbeaten in five and Livi have shown time and again this season they’re no pushovers.

We’ve got a horrendous December and the management have obviously decided squad rotation is required. This was probably the game to do it and if Flo had scored his penalty it would have worked.

As for Flo, neither you nor I work with him day to day so neither of us can judge how he should be man managed. All we can go on is the testimony of people who have worked under Lennon. Like Flo, for example, who stated the main reason he came back to Hibs was to work with Lennon again.

Wind yer neck in FFS.

Yep, I’m ‘the guy’ bawheid ! Marciano was fit after surgery - ask those ‘in the know’ - he could have played much sooner than he came back - guaranteed !

we are hibs
22-12-2018, 09:21 PM
The same posters defending Lennon on this are the same ones who have a go about people making Whittaker a "scapegoat". Laughable really..

kaimendhibs
22-12-2018, 09:22 PM
I thought he was a bawbag who's only been able to win anything with the biggest budget before he joined Hibs and interviews like today certainly haven't changed my mind.Mibbe stay up North then because your negativity is sapping and obviously personal

Northernhibee
Who? Come on, Who?

Are you trying to suggest the other two managers other than Lennon are Butcher and Calderwood? If you are, that's ****ing crazy. If not, then the answer is "there are literally thousands of managers who we could attract to this club".

kaimendhibs
The same posters defending Lennon on this are the same ones who have a go about people making Whittaker a "scapegoat". Laughable really..Are we?

Sir David Gray
It's becoming sustained public attacks on him now. Why should he have to 'man up' to that?

Add to this Lennons comments about player being unprofessional and threatening to walk away after a defeat at Tynecastle after he changed a settled, winning formation or his implication on Wednesday that Marciano was somehow to blame for the injury he sustained and there's a pattern developing.

I wouldn't mind if there was a 'we all have to do better' edge to the comments but it's just a complete abdication of responsibility from the management and that's unfair.

When did he imply that Marciano was to blame for his injury?

kaimendhibs
Are you trying to suggest the other two managers other than Lennon are Butcher and Calderwood? If you are, that's ****ing crazy. If not, then the answer is "there are literally thousands of managers who we could attract to this club".Who?

bawheid
22-12-2018, 09:23 PM
I thought he was a bawbag who's only been able to win anything with the biggest budget before he joined Hibs and interviews like today certainly haven't changed my mind.

It goes further than that with you though, doesn’t it? There’s a real dislike there; it’s personal. This isn’t about not rating him as a manager (which is ridiculous by the way). As I said... weird...

Northernhibee
22-12-2018, 09:23 PM
Mibbe stay up North then because your negativity is sapping and obviously personal

Oh, so negativity is sapping? So is personal stuff?

Then why the **** is the greatest manager of all time Neil Lennon putting out interviews like today then?

FFS

MWHIBBIES
22-12-2018, 09:24 PM
Who? Come on, Who?

I dunno. It's not impossible mate. I didn't think we'd get Lennon. More chance of a good manager than a bad one. Leanne has a good record with appointments.

SRHibs
22-12-2018, 09:24 PM
if Flo had scored his penalty it would have worked.

The game would've been entirely different if we'd scored the penalty. Could've lost 4-1, for all you or I know.

bawheid
22-12-2018, 09:25 PM

He didn’t.

we are hibs
Who?

Why would someone on a forum have a list of managerial options? Do you think the board have one? You would like to think they have every possibility covered. Lennon going doesn't equate to getting a poor manager in. We have had and lost better managers than Lennon before.

SRHibs
It goes further than that with you though, doesn’t it? There’s a real dislike there; it’s personal. This isn’t about not rating him as a manager (which is ridiculous by the way). As I said... weird...

In his defence, there was a real dislike of Neil Lennon on here before he was appointed our manager, so it stands to reason that there'll be people who will support him as our manager while not liking his personality.

Northernhibee

I've said I can't stand him because he can't take responsibility for his mistakes but will lap up all the praise when we win, his rants about individual players, his absolutely cringeworthy attempts to "get it up" the opposition fans in big games rather than focus on the game on the pitch - I don't like him at all. You're quite right. I didn't like him at Celtic or Bolton. I don't like him now. I did give him credit when he was having his good half season with us because he deserved it. But now the football matches his conduct and I'd be happy to see a fresh start with someone new.

Callum_62
22-12-2018, 09:26 PM
Do people really think Flo has the same workrate and desire as last year?

truehibernian

Probably based on his belief that his previous injury wasn’t as bad as the player made out (in the injuries entirety) - and the manager in this instance was correct.

bawheid
Yep, I’m ‘the guy’ bawheid ! Marciano was fit after surgery - ask those ‘in the know’ - he could have played much sooner than he came back - guaranteed !

‘In the know’ yer arse! Guaranteed!

Bring back The Cat...

we are hibs
22-12-2018, 09:28 PM

Yes. I think he's pissed off at the fact he's getting balls launched at him all game with no support. He's trying up there but he isn't getting the breaks so far this season.

bawheid
I've said I can't stand him because he can't take responsibility for his mistakes but will lap up all the praise when we win, his rants about individual players, his absolutely cringeworthy attempts to "get it up" the opposition fans in big games rather than focus on the game on the pitch - I don't like him at all. You're quite right. I didn't like him at Celtic or Bolton. I don't like him now. I did give him credit when he was having his good half season with us because he deserved it. But now the football matches his conduct and I'd be happy to see a fresh start with someone new.

Yip, weird. At least you’re honest about it though.

kaimendhibs
Why would someone on a forum have a list of managerial options? Do you think the board have one? You would like to think they have every possibility covered. Lennon going doesn't equate to getting a poor manager in. We have had and lost better managers than Lennon before.Why should they? We have a manager. It's all the world class coaches on here who knows better than him. Tactics, signings, team selection could all be done better on here if you listen to this forum

Northernhibee
**** off and stay ****ed off. You are probably the worst poster I've ever seen on here. Do you support Hibs?

:blah::blah::blah: Yes, I do. Do you? You seem more interested in defending our celebrity manager no matter how poor things are on the pitch and in the press.

kaimendhibs
22-12-2018, 09:29 PM

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkNo

kaimendhibs
22-12-2018, 09:29 PM
Yes. I think he's pissed off at the fact he's getting balls launched at him all game with no support. He's trying up there but he isn't getting the breaks so far this season.Diddums. He gets paid to do his job, not down tools if he's not happy

SRHibs
22-12-2018, 09:30 PM

We were playing so well during the second half of last season that we didn't really get a chance to see any of his negative attributes surface, e.g his huffiness. I've not seen anything to suggest he's not trying hard though, just that he seems to have quite a negative mentality on the park. He clearly feels like the fans aren't on his side as well, as he's done the "ssshhhh" celebration towards the supporters on more than one occasion.

B.H.F.C
22-12-2018, 09:30 PM
:blah::blah::blah: Yes, I do. Do you? You seem more interested in defending our celebrity manager no matter how poor things are on the pitch and in the press.

They are bad and he does deserve stick at the moment.

But on the flip side, you’ve never wanted to acknowledge when he’s done anything good either.

neil7908
22-12-2018, 09:31 PM

Yes. One thing that I can definitely say is different from last season is that the service he gets now is shocking.

truehibernian
‘In the know’ yer arse! Guaranteed!

Bring back The Cat...

I’m sure Freddie would concur if he ever comes back bud - ask brooster - he’s also bang on and one to always listen to. Either way, today’s thread is about Lennon calling out Flo in public just as Parker did ‘by proxy’ - and I think that’s really poor management.

We’ll agree to disagree - but hopefully we agree on Hibs beating The Rangers next game - it’s a forum and we all have opinions - not one to fall out with fellow Hibees bud.

neil7908
Diddums. He gets paid to do his job, not down tools if he's not happy

Could say the same about Lennon not speaking to the press.