PDA

View Full Version : Ripping into Flo’ and warning him about being shown the door

Pages : 1 2 [3]

Hiber-nation
29-12-2018, 08:49 PM
What is this hoofball pish people keep banging on about? I honestly have no idea what they are on about.

The service to Kamberi was poor again but his overall play was absolutely dire tonight.

The 90+2
Flo can go for me, attitude is awful

In what way? Remember he still needs an operation!
He can go 😂 he’s one of the only forward thinking players that had any talent.

BILLYHIBS
Flo would improve 100% if he got his knee sorted

The Club is burying its head in the sand as they did with young Porteous keep playing until we have got to do something about it !

bigwheel
29-12-2018, 08:51 PM

The Club is burying its head in the sand as they did with young Porteous keep playing until we have got to do something about it !

I’ve no idea if he has a recurring knee issue or not..but that doesn’t stop the ball bouncing off his first touch, or change his level of application from game to game ..

There is definitely a mind set thing for me..one reason why he is unlikely to have a successful career...

Rumble de Thump
29-12-2018, 08:52 PM

Garbage plucked out of an erchie.

Connollys11
29-12-2018, 08:54 PM
Florian is a footballer who was asked to play right wing (which he can’t) and a target man for hoofball (which he isn’t).

Lennon is one of these managers who thinks that he can repeat the same tactics over and over and expect different results. Colin Nish was a fine footballer who was incorrectly expected to fulfil the hoofball target man role at Hibs.

It’s not the style of football we should be playing.

Not at Hibs! Colin nish was a fine player 😂😂 Colin nish was pish

CMac1988
29-12-2018, 08:55 PM
Neil Lennon never gave any less than 100% in his playing career.

He’s not going to accept the sub 80% Kamberi is giving us right now and neither he should.

He didn’t accept it from a club legend like stokes and he won’t accept it from Kamberi either.

Buck up or buck out.

Yet seems to accept half arsed performances from the same midfield week in and week out.

I agree that Kamberi has been poor but he's far from the only one and is being singled out.

eastmainsmsh
29-12-2018, 08:55 PM
Decent bid in jan and he will be offski imo

RoscoHibby
29-12-2018, 08:58 PM
Flo is needing to get his arse to the gym and work on his upper body strength, was rag-dolled all night by the yam defenders. Prob should've had a few more free kicks, but it's a derby, time to man up a bit.

And it's hard to give good service to strikers when the ball doesn't stick up top for the whole team to then work off.

Still a good player though and will only get better with time.

Baldy Foghorn
29-12-2018, 08:59 PM
In what way? Remember he still needs an operation!
He can go 😂 he’s one of the only forward thinking players that had any talent.

In that he can't be arsed. Not acceptable at any level.

Losing the ball to their 28 who had done hamstring, poor effort again

bingo70
29-12-2018, 09:00 PM
Flo can go for me, attitude is awful

Flo isn’t perfect and I thought he was terrible tonight.

For me though, I almost find it hard to blame him, thenother forward players are so far off his level. It’s not true. We’re asking him to do literally everything up front himself just now, he’s not been able to do it and he’s chucked his toys out the pram a bit, even then though I’m not sure he’s really downed tools, he’s clearly just fed up.

He needs help and he needs some quality giving him
Some service.

calumhibee1
29-12-2018, 09:02 PM
Flo is needing to get his arse to the gym and work on his upper body strength, was rag-dolled all night by the yam defenders. Prob should've had a few more free kicks, but it's a derby, time to man up a bit.

And it's hard to give good service to strikers when the ball doesn't stick up top for the whole team to then work off.

Still a good player though and will only get better with time.

The ball was never going to stick. We were launching the ball up to him to compete against a guy who made a good career for himself down south and internationally purely for being able to win headers. Add to that it’s not Kamberis strength and you’ve only got one outcome.

Hibeesmad
29-12-2018, 09:04 PM
The ball was never going to stick. We were launching the ball up to him to compete against a guy who made a good career for himself down south and internationally purely for being able to win headers. Add to that it’s not Kamberis strength and you’ve only got one outcome.

Every time he got the ball he tried playing a flick on which I don’t think actually came to fruition at any attempt

emerald green
29-12-2018, 09:05 PM
I thought Lennon substituting Kamberi at that very late stage of the match was very poor.

Hiber-nation
29-12-2018, 09:05 PM

Nah, Shaw managed some nice lay-offs and touches with the same service while Flo's were straight to a hearts player most of the time.

RIP
29-12-2018, 09:08 PM
Glad people are beginning to realise that Kamberi can’t play with his back to goal and on the right wing. If only Lennon would try a tactic other than the aimless long ball. A stultifying style of football of the Calderwood and Butcher years.

500miles
29-12-2018, 09:08 PM
I thought Lennon substituting Kamberi at that very late stage of the match was very poor.

He gave up against the Hearts centre half when we were chasing the game, that's why he got subbed.

we are hibs
29-12-2018, 09:09 PM
He's having a poor run. He has undoubted quality which no one can question. I also think he is trying. It's just not happening for him at the minute and he doesn't look very settled on the park.

supermcginn
29-12-2018, 09:11 PM
He gave up against the Hearts centre half when we were chasing the game, that's why he got subbed.

Pish

Scotty Leither
29-12-2018, 09:12 PM

Exactly correct. I've never seen Flo as a hold-up player, but even in pure frustration I was screaming for him tonight to draw Berra into a physical battle and make the referee make a decision now and again, but that's just not Flo's game.

We better watch or we'll go back to treating the derby as "just another game" instead of giving them a physical battle up front and then letting our creative players try and outplay them a la McCleish's teams.

They're so limited that mob, and are the living incarnation of their manager, but even the crappiest of sides will take something off you if you play to their strengths and don't match up with it.

We need players and pronto - big window for the Club coming, but i'll not be holding my breath for any major signings though.

emerald green

Even if that's true (doubtful) why wait until so late in the game to take him off? At what point did Kamberi give up?

Hiber-nation
Glad people are beginning to realise that Kamberi can’t play with his back to goal and on the right wing. If only Lennon would try a tactic other than the aimless long ball. A stultifying style of football of the Calderwood and Butcher years.

Our style is light years away from the Calderwood and Butcher years.

BILLYHIBS
29-12-2018, 09:13 PM
Garbage plucked out of an erchie.

You think?

Porteous played with a dislocated knee having to reset it himself three times and is now out for a “long time” and Flo is hobbling about and limping up front worse than a man short

I am sorry but I expect more from Hibernian Football Club

Mibbes Aye
29-12-2018, 09:14 PM
There was a moment during the game when he got the ball played up to him on the right side of their box. Again, he got pulled about and manhandled but the ball broke to someone else (probably Whittaker), on their right in the final third.

He turned his back on Whittaker, dropped his shoulders and slowly started to walk towards the penalty box. No movement to show for the ball or pull a defender out, not even looking at the ball, even though he was the closest to his teammate.

I like Kamberi but I found that really disappointing.

RoscoHibby

Aye but said guy now has 10years on flo. There was a point where Whittaker completely outpaced berra at start of second half. Sorry but if flo is fighting harder, smarter, actually is stronger as was the main point i was making, and on his toes for passes being zipped into him as to get there 1st, then he and us get a lot more joy.

A launch is a 50/50 chance of winning the ball, i can accept that (i counted flo and shaw winning one each..) but to me there were a lot times he was on his heels and getting beaten to the ball by said ugly ******* yam defender.

Callum_62
Even if that's true (doubtful) why wait until so late in the game to take him off? At what point did Kamberi give up?

He was outran by the guy whod done his hamstring

Either he was absolutely shattered, or he gave in

Either way, its a substitution

Shrekko
29-12-2018, 09:15 PM

A striker HAS to be able to play with his back to goal and link play.
Lots of comments about what type of player Kamberi isn’t ... as if it’s an excuse. A player can’t expect to be played in with slide rule passes for 90 minutes... they need to contribute. There is NO excuse for some of the weak and careless play we’ve seen from him for lots of this season.

emerald green
29-12-2018, 09:17 PM
He was outran by the guy whod done his hamstring

Either he was absolutely shattered, or he gave in

Either way, its a substitution

If you have done your hamstring, you cannot run. Trust me on that.

BILLYHIBS
29-12-2018, 09:17 PM
Every time he got the ball he tried playing a flick on which I don’t think actually came to fruition at any attempt
After the second time I was shouting “not the flick!” because it was effectively giving the ball away blind?

wookie70
29-12-2018, 09:18 PM
I can't understand why a manager calls out a player and then continues to play him. He then watches as he gives not one bit of effort for a full 90 minutes in a very important Derby and then subs him at 90 minutes. We know Flo has real quality but he is at Hibs in body only. After the way Lennon has put the blame on the strikers and particularly on him his mind is already away in the January transfer window. I very much doubt we will get anyone of his quality but might get a big lump. That might suit Lennon as our style of play looks like we are playing to a big lump already. A kick up the backside is sometimes a useful management tactic but if you start doing it week in week out it is more akin to bullying particularly when there are other members of staff under Lennon who are also going through the motions.

I wonder if Ryan played on with a knee that was popping out because Lennon had already started calling out players for being injured as he did on radio tonight. Lennon has went further than Butcher ever did and we know how that ended.

Mutu
29-12-2018, 09:49 PM
Lennon calling out the strikers is a complete cop out.

This is the same Kamberi who was finishing chance after chance last season. The exact same player.

The difference this season is that our midfield is substantially worse. We cannot break down teams who sit deep so we end up playing direct. Choosing to play in this direct way and then blaming our forwards for not being Andy Carroll is wrong. Lennon has set up the team in this way - these are a direct result of his choices.

Saddens me that someone as talented as Kamberi is being made scapegoat for a much wider problem.

calumhibee1
29-12-2018, 09:52 PM
Lennon calling out the strikers is a complete cop out.

This is the same Kamberi who was finishing chance after chance last season. The exact same player.

The difference this season is that our midfield is substantially worse. We cannot break down teams who sit deep so we end up playing direct. Choosing to play in this direct way and then blaming our forwards for not being Andy Carroll is wrong. Lennon has set up the team in this way - these are a direct result of his choices.

Saddens me that someone as talented as Kamberi is being made scapegoat for a much wider problem.

The fact Lennon continues to play him when he lambasts him so often is strange to say the least.

bigwheel
29-12-2018, 09:53 PM
The fact Lennon continues to play him when he lambasts him so often is strange to say the least.

Firstly, because I suspect he's been trying to get a reaction from him...secondly, we've very few options....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Liam89
29-12-2018, 09:54 PM
Would have been 100x better with Grant Holt up top tonight and I like Flo...

Rumble de Thump
29-12-2018, 09:55 PM
You think?

Porteous played with a dislocated knee having to reset it himself three times and is now out for a “long time” and Flo is hobbling about and limping up front worse than a man short

No. I know :wink:

jakedance
29-12-2018, 10:02 PM
He was dire tonight. He’s got to be either up for the battle (which he wasn’t) or making runs to find space away from the defenders (which he didn’t).

BILLYHIBS
29-12-2018, 10:34 PM
No. I know :wink:

Pray enlighten us mere mortals in that case how you know Oh Great Estupendo?

The 90+2
29-12-2018, 10:40 PM
Would have been 100x better with Grant Holt up top tonight and I like Flo...

Of course we would. He was more suited to hoofball and hopeful crosses into the box. Blaming Kamberi is ludicrous.

Liam89
29-12-2018, 11:02 PM
Of course we would. He was more suited to hoofball and hopeful crosses into the box. Blaming Kamberi is ludicrous.

:agree:

BILLYHIBS
29-12-2018, 11:14 PM

Grant Holt was very good at what he did and made a very good living and a good career for himself playing at the highest level

Flo Kamberi is the main striker for Hibernian Football Club playing in a derby match a match that is always going to be 100 mph hoof ball kick and run

He is expected to show his undoubted class and rise above the hurly burly and keep his head while all about are losing theirs and put the Jambos to the sword a la Archibald or Riordan

I have read your posts and you have obviously played football yourself to a decent standard but even you would have to agree that all things considered Flo was poor tonight

I know myself that if Berra had bossed me without me laying a glove on him I would be wanting to hide under my bed with my Cadbury’s Cookies until February 2019 at least :greengrin

The 90+2
29-12-2018, 11:21 PM
Grant Holt was very good at what he did and made a very good living and a good career for himself playing at the highest level

Flo Kamberi is the main striker for Hibernian Football Club playing in a derby match a match that is always going to be 100 mph hoof ball kick and run

He is expected to show his undoubted class and rise above the hurly burly and keep his head while all about are losing theirs and put the Jambos to the sword a la Archibald or Riordan

I have read your posts and you have obviously played football yourself to a decent standard but even you would have to agree that all things considered Flo was poor tonight

I know myself that if Berra had bossed me without me laying a glove on him I would be wanting to hide under my bed with my Cadbury’s Cookies until February 2019 at least :greengrin

The whole thing totally frustrated me tonight and you do make a very good point about having personal pride regardless of how infectious being utilised and should be doing better, his confidence looks to pot tho, think Rashford Man Utd.

I’ve no idea why Lennon thinks ripping him helpsnwhen he’s clearly not that character.

We’re all hurting tonight Billy and one thing I’ve never done on here is give abuse to another hibee regardless of opinion, take it easy mate 👍

BILLYHIBS
29-12-2018, 11:33 PM
The whole thing totally frustrated me tonight and you do make a very good point about having personal pride regardless of how infectious being utilised and should be doing better, his confidence looks to pot tho, think Rashford Man Utd.

I’ve no idea why Lennon thinks ripping him helpsnwhen he’s clearly not that character.

We’re all hurting tonight Billy and one thing I’ve never done on here is give abuse to another hibee regardless of opinion, take it easy mate 👍

Eh?

Was not aware I was giving any fellow hibee any abuse :confused:

Apologies if you took it personally??

I was trying to present a reasoned argument

End of the day Flo was poor tonight personal pride in performance as a professional footballer is a given and yes I agree with the OP let us hope that an experienced heid similiar to Holt might arrive in January and all will be well although I also suspect that all is not well between Lenny and Flo

I think it is you that needs to simmer

Flo was poor and he will know it

The clue is in the score

All the best for 2019

Hibee Mac
29-12-2018, 11:35 PM
I fear that Flo will move on seeing as he has Lennon and what appears like the majority of the support making a scapegoat of him.

He's not the problem.

The 90+2
29-12-2018, 11:37 PM
Eh?

Was not aware I was giving any fellow hibee any abuse :confused:

Apologies if you took it personally??

I was trying to present a reasoned argument

End of the day Flo was poor tonight personal pride in performance as a professional footballer is a given and yes I agree with the OP let us hope that an experienced heid similiar to Holt might arrive in January and all will be well although I also suspect that all is not well between Lenny and Flo

I think it is you that needs to simmer

Flo was poor and he will know it

The clue is in the score

All the best for 2019

No mate, I was giving you a compliment that one of the posters that didn’t start personal abuse and I was comending you for that. Sorry Billy 👍 2019 you too mate.

BILLYHIBS
29-12-2018, 11:46 PM
No mate, I was giving you a compliment that one of the posters that didn’t start personal abuse and I was comending you for that. Sorry Billy 👍 2019 you too mate.

Not stalking you but have been following your posts and know you have played with or know a few decent players

Anyway, love in over are we agreed Flo was pish tonight?

I know we are all hurting I am a big Flo fan but he has not been doing it for us lately couple of goals versus the smellies god awful penalty that even my Mrs could’ve scored versus Livvy and looks as though he doesn’t want to be here

Like you I agree he looks injured and is nowhere near the Flo of last year

Callum_62
29-12-2018, 11:48 PM
Our strikers haven’t been good enough, surely no one can say otherwise

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cod Boy
29-12-2018, 11:48 PM
What service did Flo get to regard him pish?

The 90+2
30-12-2018, 12:04 AM
Not stalking you but have been following your posts and know you have played with or know a few decent players

Anyway, love in over are we agreed Flo was pish tonight?

I know we are all hurting I am a big Flo fan but he has not been doing it for us lately couple of goals versus the smellies god awful penalty that even my Mrs could’ve scored versus Livvy and looks as though he doesn’t want to be here

Like you I agree he looks injured and is nowhere near the Flo of last year

I think Florian is suffering from a lack of confidence and or motivation, also our set up doesn’t suit him.

Other parts are speculative Billy but your instincts have substance, I like you as a poster and your very respectful so I’ll be honest and say that 👍

The 90+2
30-12-2018, 12:05 AM
What service did Flo get to regard him pish?

Punts down the wing and make Simba look like Barasi 👍

The 90+2
30-12-2018, 12:08 AM
Our strikers haven’t been good enough, surely no one can say otherwise

Flo needs a partner up top with him, he’s not a seasoned pro, still a very young guy and is lacking confidence. We all know what he can do but to blame him when there’s no ammunition for him and his most assists tonight was when Effe was doing Bambas isn’t fair at all.

Christophe Berra had him on toast because of the way we played her no way it changed.

J-C
30-12-2018, 08:35 AM
Can anyone explain why Flo was constantly playing down the wing on the right instead of being through the middle where he can score, the diamond set up means the 2 strikers have to give us some width which negates them being in the middle scoring goals. The number of times I saw either Flo or Shaw picking the ball out wide, look up with no one in the middle was ridiculous.

Heisenberg
30-12-2018, 08:45 AM
Punts down the wing and make Simba look like Barasi 👍

Exactly. The point that Lennon threw a tantrum and subbed him in the last minute was because he didn’t win a ***** punt down the wing to nobody. Feel sorry for Flo at the minute. He can’t do a thing with the service he’s getting.

flash
30-12-2018, 08:50 AM
Where is all this punt and hoofball pish come from? It's the smart passes in between and behind defences we are struggling with. We had the ball about 40 yards out for almost the whole second half. How do you punt it from there?

Mutu
30-12-2018, 10:11 AM
Can anyone explain why Flo was constantly playing down the wing on the right instead of being through the middle where he can score, the diamond set up means the 2 strikers have to give us some width which negates them being in the middle scoring goals. The number of times I saw either Flo or Shaw picking the ball out wide, look up with no one in the middle was ridiculous.

Seen this comment a few times now and it's just wrong.

We played the entire first half with 3 at the back, not a diamond. Mackie playing left wing back, Whittaker right wing back. Lennon started making subs and we went 4 at the back eventually but it was such a disjointed mess it didn't really matter.

J-C
30-12-2018, 10:50 AM
Seen this comment a few times now and it's just wrong.

We played the entire first half with 3 at the back, not a diamond. Mackie playing left wing back, Whittaker right wing back. Lennon started making subs and we went 4 at the back eventually but it was such a disjointed mess it didn't really matter.

May have been 3 at the back but the midfield was either Mallan and Slivka sitting deep with Horgan floating around just behind the strikers who were both nowhere near each other, they seemed to split one left and one right, looked like a sort of 3-3-1-1-2/3-4-1-2.

Cameron1875
30-12-2018, 10:59 AM
On Loan and played for a contract. We were the mugs that gave him what he wanted and now he's not interested in kicking a ball.

Punted in January and enjoy propping up diddy European clubs for the next 10 years Flo.

blackpoolhibs
30-12-2018, 11:05 AM
I must have watched a different game to most yesterday, i never saw us punt long balls to him all game, we had a lot of the ball in their half, and played the ball into his feet all night.

It was his failure to control it and then lose it that was the problem for me, and instead of getting it in and holding it it, he was trying daft flick ons that just gave them the ball back a lot too.

The 90+2
30-12-2018, 11:06 AM
On Loan and played for a contract. We were the mugs that gave him what he wanted and now he's not interested in kicking a ball.

Punted in January and enjoy propping up diddy European clubs for the next 10 years Flo.

You don’t think that he would have been on more money at a bigger club that he was still contracted to?

The 90+2
30-12-2018, 11:08 AM
I must have watched a different game to most yesterday, i never saw us punt long balls to him all game, we had a lot of the ball in their half, and played the ball into his feet all night.

It was his failure to control it and then lose it that was the problem for me, and instead of getting it in and holding it it, he was trying daft flick ons that just gave them the ball back a lot too.

Everything played to any of our strikers was 100mph and Kamberi especially was like Cummings when the midfield was doing nothing. One good half decent chance created all night fell to the head of Shaw.

Baldy Foghorn
30-12-2018, 11:11 AM

That's what I saw, and at times he looked uninterested.

Blaster
30-12-2018, 11:11 AM
Good strikers can also create their own chances. We can’t blame poor service all the time

truehibernian
30-12-2018, 11:17 AM
The problem last night regards Flo was that his movement wasn't great, coupled with good defending by Berra. Flo should have been cuter and dropped off a few yards, and the defenders, in particular Paul Hanlon, should have played the width and through the middle rather than at times pump high balls which Berra was always going to mop up given the size difference.

I don't think anyone can fault Flo for effort yesterday, he plugged away and like others around him his touch was off and he had no help from a very ponderous and static midfield.

We lacked pace and width last night, not helped with Boyle being away and Agyepong not interested in playing football.

Flo is a very good, young striker, going through a lean spell which is exacerbated by the lack of pace, energy and creativity in the middle of the pitch. He will undoubtedly come good - but we need to ship out the loan players who have offered zero to the season (Nelom, Hyndman, Agyepong, McLaren) and the senior pros like SDG, Hanlon, Lewy and Bartley have to really get into the players and reignite desire.

Another thing for me - there is a lack of humour and character in the dressing room at present. We need a Holt, Keatings or Cummings to re-energise folk. Last few games the players, despite decent results, have had their faces tripping them. Something not right behind the scenes, that's for sure.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
30-12-2018, 11:28 AM

😂😂😂 no bother bud.

The Green Goblin
30-12-2018, 11:33 AM
The problem last night regards Flo was that his movement wasn't great, coupled with good defending by Berra. Flo should have been cuter and dropped off a few yards, and the defenders, in particular Paul Hanlon, should have played the width and through the middle rather than at times pump high balls which Berra was always going to mop up given the size difference.

I don't think anyone can fault Flo for effort yesterday, he plugged away and like others around him his touch was off and he had no help from a very ponderous and static midfield.

We lacked pace and width last night, not helped with Boyle being away and Agyepong not interested in playing football.

Flo is a very good, young striker, going through a lean spell which is exacerbated by the lack of pace, energy and creativity in the middle of the pitch. He will undoubtedly come good - but we need to ship out the loan players who have offered zero to the season (Nelom, Hyndman, Agyepong, McLaren) and the senior pros like SDG, Hanlon, Lewy and Bartley have to really get into the players and reignite desire.

Another thing for me - there is a lack of humour and character in the dressing room at present. We need a Holt, Keatings or Cummings to re-energise folk. Last few games the players, despite decent results, have had their faces tripping them. Something not right behind the scenes, that's for sure.

All very interesting. I agree with your post, except that I think Flo should have done better. You are not the only poster with obvious behind the scenes connections to say that something isn’t right.

Baldy Foghorn
30-12-2018, 11:47 AM
All very interesting. I agree with your post, except that I think Flo should have done better. You are not the only poster with obvious behind the scenes connections to say that something isn’t right.

Keep hearing something isn't right, but when they step over the white line, it should be forgotten

truehibernian
30-12-2018, 12:01 PM
Keep hearing something isn't right, but when they step over the white line, it should be forgotten

I think Lennon needs to be careful too BF as he’s becoming consistent with being inconsistent regarding Flo. Two weeks ago there’s criticism by proxy by Parker, threats to ship out strikers like last January, Then he gets praise v Celtic. Last week they’d had a heart to heart and sorted it, he gets praise for work rate v The Rangers. Then he’s criticised again a day or so later for his performance last night (and the strikers).

This public ‘flogging’ has to stop.

Baldy Foghorn
30-12-2018, 12:05 PM
I think Lennon needs to be careful too BF as he’s becoming consistent with being inconsistent regarding Flo. Two weeks ago there’s criticism by proxy by Parker, threats to ship out strikers like last January, Then he gets praise v Celtic. Last week they’d had a heart to heart and sorted it, he gets praise for work rate v The Rangers. Then he’s criticised again a day or so later for his performance last night (and the strikers).

Agree

silverhibee
30-12-2018, 12:06 PM
You think?

How long is Ryan out for.

bingo70
30-12-2018, 12:09 PM

I don’t think there was much praise after the Celtic game.

Despite playing really well he used it as an opportunity to have a pop at his form in general.

I’ve always been of the opinion they should all win and lose together as a team, singling out any individual for public criticism is wrong imo.

I thought he was very poor last night but I think we’re asking him to do too much, we are basically wanting him to create and finish chances for himself, for a striker low on confidence I think it’s just been too much for him recently, he needs some help.

truehibernian
30-12-2018, 12:13 PM
I don’t think there was much praise after the Celtic game.

Despite playing really well he used it as an opportunity to have a pop at his form in general.

I’ve always been of the opinion they should all win and lose together as a team, singling out any individual for public criticism is wrong imo.

I thought he was very poor last night but I think we’re asking him to do too much, we are basically wanting him to create and finish chances for himself, for a striker low on confidence I think it’s just been too much for him recently, he needs some help.

I agree mate, but if he is going to go public and personalise criticism I tell you what, Stevie Mallan is a lucky lad then - because he’s been rank rotten last 10 games. The midfield seemed to have escaped the same criticism and scrutiny and that’s the main problem in the side for me - not the strikers.

Shrekko
30-12-2018, 12:14 PM

This is exactly what happened and I’m not sure where the apologists are getting the ‘hoof ball’ nonsense.

A ball into Flo’s feet is almost certain to be given straight to the opposition. His link up play is bad beyond belief this season.

Central strikers all around the world are expected to link play, challenge for high balls and hold the ball in. Why not Kamberi.

Why are these same excuses not being made for Oli Shaw by people lambasting him? His general play has been far neater despite him having less physical strength.

gaz1875
30-12-2018, 12:18 PM
The issue with Flo is, last season he was busting a gut to win the ball, many times in the last 15 minutes of a match, the defenders were getting wore down with his running and harrying and he was the standout player. This season I don't see any of that, maybe the distribution from midfield is poorer, but were has his desire to win the ball gone?

silverhibee
30-12-2018, 12:23 PM

I came to the conclusion last night that these flick ons were something we had worked on in training as he was doing them most of the night normally for Whittaker to run on to, they never seemed to come of to often though was the problem and Lennon didn't seem to have a problem with it, the other annoying thing last night was Mallan floating balls in from set pieces and crossing the ball in to the box, surely he isn't doing that in training as that should annoy the f*** out of the coaching staff, pretty sad to say that our only outlet going forward is when Efe was bringing the ball out from the back, our midfield are so poor, even doing the basic stuff, like passing to another team mate seems to be a problem for them.

Shrekko
30-12-2018, 12:24 PM
I also seem to recall his spell at Grasshoppers was one big hard luck story... not being treated properly by the coach etc etc. He seemed to rate Neil Lennon last season too... Yet so many people think the player is somehow blameless?
https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.scotsman.com/sport/football/competitions/premiership/florian-kamberi-eyes-hibs-stay-as-he-hits-out-at-grasshoppers-1-4718757/amp

Swedish hibee
30-12-2018, 12:45 PM
The lad has lost his confidence and slating him out to the world certainly hasn't helped. Hopefully with the break and a trip home to see his family will be good for him. He has a contract- so is not going anywhere, so lennon has to get the best out of him..

Heckys Wheel
30-12-2018, 12:48 PM
The lad has lost his confidence and slating him out to the world certainly hasn't helped. Hopefully with the break and a trip home to see his family will be good for him. He has a contract- so is not going anywhere, so lennon has to get the best out of him..

I suspect a bigger presence playing alongside him will help him massively but there’s no getting away from it, he’s prone to throwing the toys out the pram. Short of confidence he may be but there have been times in a lot of games where he’s blatantly stopped trying. That’s a worry.

J-C
30-12-2018, 01:42 PM
I also seem to recall his spell at Grasshoppers was one big hard luck story... not being treated properly by the coach etc etc. He seemed to rate Neil Lennon last season too... Yet so many people think the player is somehow blameless?
https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.scotsman.com/sport/football/competitions/premiership/florian-kamberi-eyes-hibs-stay-as-he-hits-out-at-grasshoppers-1-4718757/amp

Full of praise for Lennon, by the looks of things that relationship has broken down this season, he feels like a player who is needing an arm around him giving him a wee cuddle and praising him up when things aren't going well, I don't think he takes criticism all that well, possibly Lenno and Parker's management of the situation needs looked at.

Shrekko
30-12-2018, 01:49 PM
Full of praise for Lennon, by the looks of things that relationship has broken down this season, he feels like a player who is needing an arm around him giving him a wee cuddle and praising him up when things aren't going well, I don't think he takes criticism all that well, possibly Lenno and Parker's management of the situation needs looked at.

Not unless we know how they’re dealt with it already. Too many assumptions being made maybe?

When does it ever become the player’s responsibility? I don’t see other players being given the same leeway by a lot of fans.

He can’t go through his whole career expecting coaches to be making him feel special constantly. He’s basically had one good spell in his career- 2nd half of last season.

He is not giving the same effort as he did last season and that’s regardless of all his poor play.

Robbo6-2
30-12-2018, 02:00 PM
The kamberi situation is a real strange one for me.

Just trying to get my head around what's actually going on.

I thought he started the season really well especially in Europe but after the Celtic away game his fall from grace has been quite spectacular.

Maybe it is his attitude. I thot his celebration towards the fans who have generally kept with him was poor against Celtic. And thinking back I remember a game vs St Mirren away where he was going to storm off without clapping support until David Gray told him too. He was also complaining to the press about playing up front on his own.

Just hope with a rest and bringing in a couple of players in the break will turn his season around and we will see the Kamberi he was last season.

silverhibee
30-12-2018, 02:04 PM

Tell you what I haven't forgotten about, being hit with a missile at Ibrox.

Right on the nose as well.

3pm
30-12-2018, 02:07 PM
I haven’t read the thread, and I am sure it’s been mentioned, but he singled out Cummings two years ago as well.

Fine when you are winning. Not so much when you are struggling.

Andymac85
30-12-2018, 03:52 PM
Way more fundamental issues than just one striker. Service has been terrible and recruitment needs serious questioning. Our midfield compared with last year is laughable. I was thinking last night whether there might be something in the fact that Lennon was a midfielder by trade. Makes it easier for him to point the finger at other areas. In my opinion, our poorest performers recently have been Mallan and Hyndman. Whitty tries hard but doesn’t have it anymore and Slivka is really hit or miss (more often miss). But when it comes to the message coming from Lennon it’s all Flo’s fault.

Baldy Foghorn
30-12-2018, 05:18 PM
Tell you what I haven't forgotten about, being hit with a missile at Ibrox.

Right on the nose as well.

Pesky bluenoses:greengrin

Hi Heid Yin
30-12-2018, 05:28 PM
I haven’t read the thread, and I am sure it’s been mentioned, but he singled out Cummings two years ago as well.

A quality in Neil Lennon that I respect.

Our manager does not shy away from calling-players out...however big the name....Cummings!...Stokes!....Kamberi!

wookie70
30-12-2018, 07:32 PM

Our manager does not shy away from calling-players out...however big the name....Cummings!...Stokes!....Kamberi!

It never worked with Cummings or Stokes and he has excelled himself with Flo who seems to have given up completely. You see it as a quality I see it as a manager who has ran out of ideas on how to deal with a difficult member of staff and is calling them out to the customers to deflect from his handling of the situation. At my work we would call them bullies or bad managers. He seems to have an issue with players who get a bit of limelight. perhaps they are stealing some of his

SquashedFrogg
30-12-2018, 07:35 PM
It never worked with Cummings or Stokes and he has excelled himself with Flo who seems to have given up completely. You see it as a quality I see it as a manager who has ran out of ideas on how to deal with a difficult member of staff and is calling them out to the customers to deflect from his handling of the situation. At my work we would call them bullies or bad managers. He seems to have an issue with players who get a bit of limelight. perhaps they are stealing some of his

Oh dear.

The 90+2
30-12-2018, 08:01 PM

Mallan? Hyndman? The guy at full back who played for hearts? The Greek chumps? Slivkas mate? Can’t really remember him being arsed with them? Danny Swanson, likes by the support told to bolt same with Stokes and then called out JC and Flo’? I’ve no idea why you think him criticising randoms and threatening to walk is working? It clearly isn’t!

MWHIBBIES
30-12-2018, 10:03 PM
Mallan? Hyndman? The guy at full back who played for hearts? The Greek chumps? Slivkas mate? Can’t really remember him being arsed with them? Danny Swanson, likes by the support told to bolt same with Stokes and then called out JC and Flo’? I’ve no idea why you think him criticising randoms and threatening to walk is working? It clearly isn’t!Who is the other Greek ''chump''? Mavrias and ?

One Day Soon
30-12-2018, 10:09 PM
Oh dear.

I'd have gone for a full-on dearie me but each to their own.

BSEJVT
30-12-2018, 10:18 PM

I usually agree with your views on how the game panned out, but this time I don't.

For me the problem last night was that Kamberi was trying to hold the ball in to link up the play and the midfield were so far off him that by the time they got anywhere near him the ball had been won back by Hearts.

The idea (not yours btw) that Kamberi is a back to goal striker just baffles me, that's not his game at all. IMO Lennon is hanging him out to dry by asking him to play a game he is patently not capable off because of the gross inadequacies of our midfield.

Kamberi at his best is great at running onto the ball and running off defenders and for me the problem is that we don't have a midfield capable of either providing a service that enables him to do so or getting close enough to him to help him when he is fighting for possession.

He looks to me like a confidence player who grossly over achieved last year and took confidence from it and is doing the exact opposite just now, that is he wasn't as good as he appeared last season and just hit a purple patch and isn't as bad as he looks this season and has just hit a bad patch in a poor and unsettled team

G B Young
31-12-2018, 11:02 AM

IIRC it did work with Cummings. Lennon persuaded him to stay to help us win the Championship and his form tailed off towards the end of the year. He was dropped to the bench and ultimately returned with a better attitude. Stokes, granted, was a law unto himself.

I think he's entitled to feel disappointed with Kamberi. We looked to have unearthed a diamond with him and anyone who watched him last season could rightly have claimed we had a future multi-million pound striker on our hands. I also thought he seemed a level-headed, very professional guy. Whether it's lack of midfield service or an attitude problem/fall out with Lennon I don't know, but he's not showing up at present and the failure of his partnership with Maclaren to take off again this season is a major disappointment.

The_Horde
31-12-2018, 11:07 AM

He did.

He's also singled out Mcgeouch and Fyvie during his time here and then both left not long after.

MWHIBBIES
31-12-2018, 11:11 AM
He did.

He's also singled out Mcgeouch and Fyvie during his time here and then both left not long after.

When did he single out Fyvie?

The_Horde
31-12-2018, 11:14 AM
When did he single out Fyvie?

Think it was away from home in the championship. Possibly Dumbarton.

Montford
31-12-2018, 11:38 AM
What I saw was a player completely out of form. No ball control, no pre-thought as to his next move or lay off.
What I also saw was a player who walked away from the many times he lost possession with his shoulders hunched and head down and no awareness of what was happening behind his back.
A lack of form is completely acceptable and to be expected at times. But great strikers who lose form usually replace it with extra effort, are absolutely going above and beyond to get to the next stray pass or challenge a loose ball. Flo doesn’t have the depth of personality to offset his loss of form with desire.

18Craig75
31-12-2018, 11:41 AM
He was hooked because he didn’t go after a ball played down the line by Mackie. The Hearts defender who was marking to him was able to run over and get the ball unchallenged, looked like that was the final straw for Lennon who shouted Allan back immediately.

Needs to do a lot more.

WhileTheChief..
31-12-2018, 11:47 AM
Good strikers can also create their own chances. We can’t blame poor service all the time

Agreed.

Since when do strikers need everything laid on a plate for them?

Morelose created more chances agianst us at ER himself than our 3 strikers have managed all season.

Yeah the service has been crap or non existent but when that happens you really need to try creating more for yourself.

calumhibee1
31-12-2018, 11:49 AM
Agreed.

Since when do strikers need everything laid on a plate for them?

Morelose created more chances agianst us at ER himself than our 3 strikers have managed all season.

Yeah the service has been crap or non existent but when that happens you really need to try creating more for yourself.

Morelos is also valued at about £8m. We paid £100k or so for Flo.

I don’t disagree with the point you’re making by the way but i don’t think it’s fair to compare the two of them.

Smartie
31-12-2018, 11:50 AM
What I saw was a player completely out of form. No ball control, no pre-thought as to his next move or lay off.
What I also saw was a player who walked away from the many times he lost possession with his shoulders hunched and head down and no awareness of what was happening behind his back.
A lack of form is completely acceptable and to be expected at times. But great strikers who lose form usually replace it with extra effort, are absolutely going above and beyond to get to the next stray pass or challenge a loose ball. Flo doesn’t have the depth of personality to offset his loss of form with desire.

It was one of Jason Cummings's greatest attributes.

He had character, resilience and spirit, and that all affects the way you play.

Flo's not the only one of our current mob who lacks in these areas.

MWHIBBIES
31-12-2018, 11:50 AM
Think it was away from home in the championship. Possibly Dumbarton.

Don't remember that. We won both matches Vs Dumbarton that season so would be strange.

WhileTheChief..
31-12-2018, 12:05 PM
Morelos is also valued at about £8m. We paid £100k or so for Flo.

I don’t disagree with the point you’re making by the way but i don’t think it’s fair to compare the two of them.

Cool. I only mentioned Morelos cause it was a recent game and a decent example I thought.

Pick any top striker from any club in Europe and the point stands.