PDA

View Full Version : Ripping into Flo’ and warning him about being shown the door

Pages : 1 [2] 3

kaimendhibs
22-12-2018, 09:32 PM
Yes. Home and away since 1970. He is the boss, you don't like him. Who would be better? Mibbe you?

Sent from my VTR-L09 using Tapatalk

we are hibs
Why should they? We have a manager. It's all the world class coaches on here who knows better than him. Tactics, signings, team selection could all be done better on here if you listen to this forum

Mainly because his tactics, signings and team selection have been honking for ages now. He has no excuses. It's his team. His signings who have been mostly poor. He should be man enough to take the blame rather than criticising his players. How do you think kamberi is feeling tonight after missing a penalty? Then to hear his manager slate him in public again? Hardly going to inspire him is it?

kaimendhibs
Could say the same about Lennon not speaking to the press.Does speaking to.the press improve the team?

Northernhibee
22-12-2018, 09:33 PM
They are bad and he does deserve stick at the moment.

But on the flip side, you’ve never wanted to acknowledge when he’s done anything good either.

Rubbish. I was quite happy to praise him during his good half season and at the start of this season when we were playing well. However unlike many others on here I was also happy to praise the entire team when doing well rather than singling out one individual.

One thing I can't be accused of is that. I hold my hands up to the fact that I don't like the football we play under him or his conduct when he needs to stand up and say "Yep, I got that wrong".

I, like every single person on here, wants Hibs to win. If you're a Lennon fan then he's able to show that off. If not then you're still a Hibs fan and if we're winning then that's brilliant too.

we are hibs
22-12-2018, 09:33 PM
Diddums. He gets paid to do his job, not down tools if he's not happy

Lennon gets paid to do his job but he's not doing it well enough. Yet you're defending him? And kamberi blatantly hasn't downed tools. If you want to see what downing tools looks like watch one of our games under butcher between February and May 2014

Blaster
22-12-2018, 09:34 PM
I’m sure Freddie would concur if he ever comes back bud - ask brooster - he’s also bang on and one to always listen to. Either way, today’s thread is about Lennon calling out Flo in public just as Parker did ‘by proxy’ - and I think that’s really poor management.

We’ll agree to disagree - but hopefully we agree on Hibs beating The Rangers next game - it’s a forum and we all have opinions - not one to fall out with fellow Hibees bud.

Exactly mate. We’ve disagreed on this thread but opinions only

Let’s get 6 points in the next 2 games and have a wee break 👍

kaimendhibs
22-12-2018, 09:34 PM
Mainly because his tactics, signings and team selection have been honking for ages now. He has no excuses. It's his team. His signings who have been mostly poor. He should be man enough to take the blame rather than criticising his players. How do you think kamberi is feeling tonight after missing a penalty? Then to hear his manager slate him in public again? Hardly going to inspire him is it?I will ask again, who should we get in who is better? Flo has been pish for ages bar that goal the other night. He's a centre forward who doesn't score FFS

truehibernian
22-12-2018, 09:36 PM
Exactly mate. We’ve disagreed on this thread but opinions only

Let’s get 6 points in the next 2 games and have a wee break 👍

100% mate !

Never a good place after a ‘bad result’ but we all want what’s best - Hibs back to winning ways ! Opinions always vary but our commitment never wavers !

Jones28
This is poor from Lennon IMO. I think he was right to make changes and rest a few players but to then single out a striker who had one half with **** all service is dog ***** man management.

kaimendhibs
Lennon gets paid to do his job but he's not doing it well enough. Yet you're defending him?He is contending with injuries and loss of form. His team haven't lost since Killie. Can I work for you please, you seem very understanding of people not performing.

bawheid
22-12-2018, 09:38 PM
I’m sure Freddie would concur if he ever comes back bud - ask brooster - he’s also bang on and one to always listen to. Either way, today’s thread is about Lennon calling out Flo in public just as Parker did ‘by proxy’ - and I think that’s really poor management.

We’ll agree to disagree - but hopefully we agree on Hibs beating The Rangers next game - it’s a forum and we all have opinions - not one to fall out with fellow Hibees bud.

We’ll only know if it’s poor management after Flo’s performances in the next few games. Here’s to him stuffing the words right down Lennon’s throat and scoring big goals against Rangers and Hearts. Then we’ll see whether it’s been good management or not.

You’re right, it’s about opinions. Mine is that Lennon is probably the best manager we’ve had in my 32 years watching Hibs. Dragged us out the Championship after two failed attempts, brilliant first season back, strong performances in Europe, decent enough start to the season despite losing an entire midfield. I’m not so blind that I can’t see things aren’t perfect, but we’re going OK in my opinion.

kaimendhibs
22-12-2018, 09:39 PM
Get good results against Sevco and Hearts and Lennon will be best thing ever again.
Fickle doesn't cover it

neil7908
22-12-2018, 09:40 PM
Does speaking to.the press improve the team?

Your exact quote was "He gets paid to do his job, not down tools if he's not happy". Why can the manager get away with that, and publicly question his own commitment to the job a couple of times but still expect 100% loyalty and unquestionable support? Why can we not criticise Lennon but he can tear into the players in public?

Maybe we should follow the manager and start booing Kamberi on Wednesday. Give him all the motivation he needs.

Roxyhibee
22-12-2018, 09:41 PM
This isn’t good from Lennon, whose formation and team selection were a major factor in a very disappointing performance. Maybe he needs to call himself out now and then too. The other main factor is the poor performance by most of our players today, including Kamberi, but certainly not only him.

Getting frustrated and a bit bit concerned about where we are going at the moment. Management team and players don’t seem to be working well together.

There are good players at ER and Lennon is a well respected manager, so can’t work it out at all - but it needs sorted ASAP.

bingo70
22-12-2018, 09:42 PM
I will ask again, who should we get in who is better? Flo has been pish for ages bar that goal the other night. He's a centre forward who doesn't score FFS

Really wish youd stop asking that to be honest, it’s impossible for us to answer.

There’s bound to be loads of up and coming coaches looking to break into management who could be great, you’ve then got experienced managers who probably wouldn’t come (such as Clarke) and then there’s experienced managers who may do a good job but we don’t know such as Strachan.

I don’t want Lennon sacked but I think he’s had a bad day at the office, that doesn’t mean I’m in a position to pick out a replacement off the top of my head having never interviewed anyone for a managers job and not knowing who would be interested.

we are hibs
22-12-2018, 09:42 PM
I will ask again, who should we get in who is better? Flo has been pish for ages bar that goal the other night. He's a centre forward who doesn't score FFS

That's a woeful argument but you seem to be persisting with it. So by the same logic we shouldn't have wanted calderwood sacked because we (the fans) didn't have a short list drawn up? Do you think the board have a list of targets to replace Lennon for when he leaves? He's a centre forward who's suffered because of an inept midfield behind him. He's getting barely any service and being asked to be a target man for long aimless punts forward. Just because he's tall doesn't automatically mean he's going to be another Andy Carroll does it? Maybe if we played the ball into feet and passed it in behind instead of hoofing it we may get more joy from kamberi

kaimendhibs
22-12-2018, 09:43 PM
You see, I won't do that. I support the team and will be doing so at Ibrox on Wednesday. If anyone should berate the team it's the manager, that's what he is done.
This is a forum, I have said that Lennon is right.
Straight question.
Is Kamberi working as hard as he could be and is he playing well?

kaimendhibs
22-12-2018, 09:43 PM
Really wish youd stop asking that to be honest, it’s impossible for us to answer.

There’s bound to be loads of up and coming coaches looking to break into management who could be great, you’ve then got experienced managers who probably wouldn’t come (such as Clarke) and then there’s experienced managers who may do a good job but we don’t know such as Strachan.

I don’t want Lennon sacked but I think he’s had a bad day at the office, that doesn’t mean I’m in a position to pick out a replacement off the top of my head having never interviewed anyone for a managers job and not knowing who would be interested.[emoji23][emoji23] ok

truehibernian
22-12-2018, 09:44 PM
We’ll only know if it’s poor management after Flo’s performances in the next few games. Here’s to him stuffing the words right down Lennon’s throat and scoring big goals against Rangers and Hearts. Then we’ll see whether it’s been good management or not.

You’re right, it’s about opinions. Mine is that Lennon is probably the best manager we’ve had in my 32 years watching Hibs. Dragged us out the Championship after two failed attempts, brilliant first season back, strong performances in Europe, decent enough start to the season despite losing an entire midfield. I’m not so blind that I can’t see things aren’t perfect, but we’re going OK in my opinion.

I don’t disagree about Lennon being good for Hibs, I just think he’s struggling big time for some reason and we all hope he turns it around as we’ve been used to ‘success’ these last 3 years - and I respect your opinion - like I say, it’s a forum and you’ll always get different views.

I think he could have handled the Flo thing in private, as for the Rocky injury, as I say, I think he could have returned sooner - the same however could be said of a few players we’ve had injured.

we are hibs
He is contending with injuries and loss of form. His team haven't lost since Killie. Can I work for you please, you seem very understanding of people not performing.

He had better players on the bench than on the park today. 2 wins in 11 sitting in the bottom 6. That's underperforming.

neil7908

See this is the bit I don't get. We won cups under Stubbs, Miller and Collins. Finished 3rd with McLeish and Mowbray. Lennon has got us promoted after inheriting a wonderful squad and with Rangers and Hearts out of the way. 4th in the league was great last year but he's achieved nothing else of note imo.

Fwiw I think he needs more time but I really don't understand why he is treated as an infallible demi God by some on here.

kaimendhibs
That's a woeful argument but you seem to be persisting with it. So by the same logic we shouldn't have wanted calderwood sacked because we (the fans) didn't have a short list drawn up? Do you think the board have a list of targets to replace Lennon for when he leaves? He's a centre forward who's suffered because of an inept midfield behind him. He's getting barely any service and being asked to be a target man for long aimless punts forward. Just because he's tall doesn't automatically mean he's going to be another Andy Carroll does it? Maybe if we played the ball into feet and passed it in behind instead of hoofing it we may get more joy from kamberiNo, Calderwood was a **** manager. So was Butcher. Lennon got us Europe last year and who's to say he won't again this year?

kaimendhibs
22-12-2018, 09:45 PM
He had better players on the bench than on the park today. 2 wins in 11 sitting in the bottom 6. That's underperforming.Ok. I get it. You don't like Lennon

kaimendhibs
22-12-2018, 09:45 PM
See this is the bit I don't get. We won cups under Stubbs, Miller and Collins. Finished 3rd with McLeish and Mowbray. Lennon has got us promoted after inheriting a wonderful squad and with Rangers and Hearts out of the way. 4th in the league was great last year but he's achieved nothing else of note imo.

Fwiw I think he needs more time but I really don't understand why he is treated as an infallible demi God by some on here.Infallible god?

we are hibs
22-12-2018, 09:46 PM
No, Calderwood was a **** manager. So was Butcher. Lennon got us Europe last year and who's to say he won't again this year?

Anyone with a set of working eyes who's watched hibs this season, I would imagine. This hibs team is worse than the one we went into last January with.

Tornadoes70
22-12-2018, 09:47 PM
Livingston are actually a very decent hard working team that's surprised many this season. A draw's not the worst result in the world given their form and league position.

Granted we should always expect to beat the Livingston's of football but its never guaranteed and give credit when credit's due to such smaller clubs having a golden period.

We're on a decent run of form ourselves the last few games so let's not be too despondent and look to beating the Yams soon enough.

it could be worse, the Yams thought they had a chance of actually winning the league this year :faf:

Biggest bottlers around :giruy2:

Jones28
22-12-2018, 09:47 PM
He had better players on the bench than on the park today. 2 wins in 11 sitting in the bottom 6. That's underperforming.

Tbf fair he was obviously trying to give some of them a rest, with a trip to Ibrox and then Hearts at home this was the obvious choice of game to give youngsters a chance and rest the senior players.

kaimendhibs
22-12-2018, 09:48 PM
Anyone with a set of working eyes who's watched hibs this season, I would imagine. This hibs team is worse than the one we went into last January with.Because we lost Allan, McGinn and McGeoch. Is that Lennon's fault? Would any team cope with losing that trio,?

kaimendhibs
22-12-2018, 09:48 PM
Anyone with a set of working eyes who's watched hibs this season, I would imagine. This hibs team is worse than the one we went into last January with.My eyes work fine by the way and trust me, I watch Hibs.

we are hibs
22-12-2018, 09:50 PM
Ok. I get it. You don't like Lennon

Ok. I get it. You think the sun shines out his arse and he's the best thing since sliced bread.

truehibernian
22-12-2018, 09:51 PM
Because we lost Allan, McGinn and McGeoch. Is that Lennon's fault? Would any team cope with losing that trio,?

The recruitment team knew that way before season end last season - their job is to unearth or find their replacements - this season they’ve failed.

kaimendhibs
22-12-2018, 09:51 PM
Ok. I get it. You think the sun shines out his arse and he's the best thing since sliced bread.No. But he's right. Kamberi isn't working hard enough or scoring enough.
If you think he is you are easy pleased

kaimendhibs
22-12-2018, 09:52 PM
The recruitment team knew that way before season end last season - their job is to unearth or find their replacements - this season they’ve failed.Lennon????

we are hibs
22-12-2018, 09:52 PM
Because we lost Allan, McGinn and McGeoch. Is that Lennon's fault? Would any team cope with losing that trio,?

He hasn't replaced them well enough. And before you say "who could we get that's better within our budget?" He had a higher budget in the summer to replace them than we did when we signed mcginn and McGeouch and Allan on loan. It wasn't impossible to replace them with better than Mark Milligan ffs

kaimendhibs
22-12-2018, 09:53 PM
He hasn't replaced them well enough. And before you say "who could we get that's better within our budget?" He had a higher budget in the summer to replace them than we did when we signed mcginn and McGeouch and Allan on loan. It wasn't impossible to replace them with better than Mark Milligan ffsYou do know that it's George Craig and his team who do the scouting and recruiting aye!

kaimendhibs
22-12-2018, 09:54 PM
He hasn't replaced them well enough. And before you say "who could we get that's better within our budget?" He had a higher budget in the summer to replace them than we did when we signed mcginn and McGeouch and Allan on loan. It wasn't impossible to replace them with better than Mark Milligan ffsYou are going downhill, best to stop at I hate Lennon, he's a ****

we are hibs
22-12-2018, 09:55 PM
No. But he's right. Kamberi isn't working hard enough or scoring enough.
If you think he is you are easy pleased

He isn't scoring enough; no one said different but you're blatantly discounting mitigating circumstances.

truehibernian
22-12-2018, 09:55 PM
Lennon????

He has final say - so collectively we’ve not recruited well. Or enough players - the encouraging thing is we are recruiting in January and the vibes are it’s in the top end of the pitch - so I’m hopeful we can have a strong run in and a good cup run.

we are hibs
22-12-2018, 09:56 PM
You do know that it's George Craig and his team who do the scouting and recruiting aye!

Dear God this is laughable. So Lennon has no say in who comes in? Right.

kaimendhibs
22-12-2018, 10:01 PM
Laughable? What does George Craig do? He scouts and he puts players in from of the gaffer. Do you think Lennon had time to fire around everywhere watching them. He takes advice.
He is the head coach but you can't polish a Turd.
Nelson, Mavrias and others.
Are you that Baive?
Anyway, I've had enough.
Merry Christmas.

J-C
22-12-2018, 10:10 PM
Laughable? What does George Craig do? He scouts and he puts players in from of the gaffer. Do you think Lennon had time to fire around everywhere watching them. He takes advice.
Are you that Baive?
Anyway, I've had enough.
Merry Christmas.

Actually, Graeme Mathie is head scout, Craig is head of Operations at the club, his job is to take the said scouted players to Lennon who then choses which players he'd like to sign. Leeann and Craig then go about attempting to sign the players Lennon is happy with, Lennon has final say on any player recommended, not Craig.

Borderhibbie76
22-12-2018, 10:12 PM
Don’t like that at all tbh.

Never dropped points today because of Kamberi IMO.I'm more inclined to criticise the manager for his team selection and not for the first time this season...6 changes with the injuries we currently have is just shocking really and Lewis Allan is not the required level I'm sorry. Lennon should be a bit more honest and take some of the blame himself

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

B.H.F.C
22-12-2018, 10:12 PM
Are you that Baive?
Anyway, I've had enough.
Merry Christmas.

George Craig doesn’t scout.

wookie70
22-12-2018, 10:13 PM
Yes. Home and away since 1970. He is the boss, you don't like him. Who would be better? Mibbe you?

There are plenty managers out there that might fit better than Lennon fits Hibs. No need to rush to find out just yet but the signs aren't great. There are at least a two or three in our league doing better with less resources.

Lennon has been pretty decent managing Stubbs team. Now the going is getting a bit tougher with injuries and departures he will show us one way or the other if he is a good manager. My guess is he is, at best, an OK manager. If he gets a group of players who have a strong mentality and are a team, with the support that involves, then he might do well with his management style. We had that last year. If he signs players who don't work hard all the time or who are fragile then he might have to think about his style. I don't think he is for changing and adults tend to keep their personalities which is why it is so important for managers to be able to read their teams and know how to deal with them as individuals. Maybe Flo will react positively to today's public criticism but it is a very dangerous game and given this is the second time in a few weeks I suspect he won't and I'm not sure how that gets repaired.

Perhaps Kamberi is struggling to cope with some poor results or with a niggling injury but I would suggest the one that is being least professional and has most obviously missed some of his duties is our Manager. It's a big couple of games for Lennon as The Rangers have been good at home this season and we haven't been great away. Levein has started to get some of his injured players back and will play in a similar way to Livi did today. A couple of wins and no doubt Lennon will be taking all the praise again but a couple of defeats and he isn't leaving himself many ways out as slagging off players is a last resort.

It's a results business and I can admire Lennon for being his own man and picking teams most would never come up with. The problem with that approach is it makes bad results and performances reflect on him more and he doesn't seem to have shoulders broad enough to cope with criticism, not that he gets much in the media. Let's hope Flo has broader shoulders or we will lose the services, one way or another, of our best striker and one of our best players.

kaimendhibs
22-12-2018, 10:17 PM
Actually, Graeme Mathie is head scout, Craig is head of Operations at the club, his job is to take the said scouted players to Lennon who then choses which players he'd like to sign. Leeann and Craig then go about attempting to sign the players Lennon is happy with, Lennon has final say on any player recommended, not Craig.Ok

horseflesh
22-12-2018, 10:20 PM
Anyone with a set of working eyes who's watched hibs this season, I would imagine. This hibs team is worse than the one we went into last January with.

Last January yes but last December? Give us all a break, he will know better than we all do what he needs and how to find it. It might not happen in January again but I would trust Lennon to rebuild a team before any replacement you could suggest

eastterrace
22-12-2018, 10:23 PM
I don’t think he’s got noticeably worse, he has a poor start to the season when it was said he was playing with an injury and he was superb last week against Celtic.

He came on today and looked far and away our best forward. We were significantly better in the second half as well when Flo came on so I don’t see why he’s getting the blame.

To blame him for missing a penalty is utterly ridiculous, some of the best players in the world miss penalties, that’s no reflection at all of his attitude, regardless of what nonsense people are saying about his run up.

He cost us the goal with his piss poor control and then he misses the penalty which Was powderpuff. He did make us play better second half but you can’t duck away from it he was poor.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Mr Grieves
22-12-2018, 10:23 PM
Lennon can replace Kamberi and Macleran in January but it won't make a difference because we'll still be lumbered with midfielders that create nothing. The club failed in replacing the midfielders we lost.

Hi Heid Yin
22-12-2018, 10:32 PM
Lennon can replace Kamberi and Macleran in January but it won't make a difference because we'll still be lumbered with midfielders that create nothing. The club failed in replacing the midfielders we lost.

All the more reason we secure at least 2 dynamic midfielders in the January window.

Unseen work
22-12-2018, 10:33 PM
He cost us the goal with his piss poor control and then he misses the penalty which Was powderpuff. He did make us play better second half but you can’t duck away from it he was poor.

He lost the ball about 70 yards from goal - although it was poor losing it, he’s not to blame. 1 long punt put the striker through, far far too easy.

Everyone can miss a pen, if the goalie goes the other way folk are saying how good a pen it is.

wookie70
22-12-2018, 10:34 PM
All the more reason we secure at least 2 dynamic midfielders in the January window.
Could we not have done that in the summer?

SteveHFC
22-12-2018, 10:35 PM
Kamberi has deleted his Instagram page.

The 90+2
22-12-2018, 10:37 PM
He lost the ball about 70 yards from goal - although it was poor losing it, he’s not to blame. 1 long punt put the striker through, far far too easy.

Everyone can miss a pen, if the goalie goes the other way folk are saying how good a pen it is.

The team picked today cost us not a second half sub who is also our best and most valuable player smashed on the bench for a random reason known to nobody.

Diclonius
22-12-2018, 10:37 PM
It's Lennon or Kamberi in January. He's clearly decided to single him out as a scapegoat and I have no idea why. Really concerning.

SaulGoodman
22-12-2018, 10:38 PM

Another players confidence shattered then.

wookie70
22-12-2018, 10:38 PM
Can someone under 30 tell me if that is good or bad

Pretty Boy
22-12-2018, 10:41 PM

Probably for the best.

I daresay more than a few fans have followed the managers lead and taken to abusing the guy on social media. He’s doing the right thing sheltering himself from that for the time being.

SaulGoodman
22-12-2018, 10:44 PM
It's Lennon or Kamberi in January. He's clearly decided to single him out as a scapegoat and I have no idea why. Really concerning.

I’d rather lose Lennon in January tbh.

Radium
22-12-2018, 10:47 PM
Is there an audio or video available of the interview? Hibs normally have post match interviews for home games up within a couple of hours. Lewis Allan’s was up 5 hours ago on YouTube but no sign of the managers yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

eastterrace
22-12-2018, 10:49 PM

Cause he is playing pish. He can’t jump for the ball , cost us the goal then misses a penalty which does happen but it was powder puff effort.

bigwheel
22-12-2018, 10:52 PM

Are you serious? Don't want to lose either, but Kamberi has done little this season to warrant a starting role, let alone be rated above the manager

Billychaotic182
22-12-2018, 10:53 PM
Lennon is out of order in my opinion. Rather than chucking players under the bus he needs to look at himself. He signed the bulk of this team. He has been backed. He has signed players and played them out of position (Slivka out wide, Horgan in the middle) we play a back 4 and win, don’t concede and when we play a back 3 we leak goals and lose. So why change it? He chops and changes his team every week. It’s like we pick the squad by pulling names out a hat. When things don’t go his way he either sulks and refuses to do interviews or when he does he shatters our players confidence. I for one hope Leanne comes out and rips him apart like he has done to Flo!

wookie70
22-12-2018, 10:56 PM
I for one hope Leanne comes out and rips him apart like he has done to Flo!

I hope she doesn't. Two wrongs don't make a right and she has far more class than that.

SaulGoodman
22-12-2018, 10:56 PM
Are you serious? Don't want to lose either, but Kamberi has done little this season to warrant a starting role, let alone be rated above the manager

Seems it’s written in the stars that we’re going to float around 6th place in the league whilst Lennon continually has meltdowns and throws players under the bus for the rest of the season.

His comments about how he got rid of players and replaced them last year is worrying if he thinks that’s going to work for us every year.

What happens when he gets rid of Kamberi and replaces him with someone worse.

Rumble de Thump
22-12-2018, 10:57 PM
This place is mental :greengrin The same people are are always good for a laugh, though, on every thread.

Billychaotic182
22-12-2018, 11:00 PM
I hope she doesn't. Two wrongs don't make a right and she has far more class than that.

You’re right. I’m just annoyed. It’s just terrible man management by Lennon who is not without his own faults this season

Radium
22-12-2018, 11:02 PM
https://twitter.com/scotlandsky/status/1076619792793124865?s=21

Rocky
22-12-2018, 11:03 PM
Neil Lennon is a shrewd manager and has a better insight to kamberi than any of us on Hibs.net.

I see a manager who has shaken things up when it is required - offloading slackers and players just not up to scratch.

He has demonstrated the kind of "ruthlessness" most of us wanted desperately to see (and frustratingly didn't) in a long line of managers.

Calling players out in public, occasionally (and I stress, occasionally) is simply, for this Hibby, part of Neil's drive to want the absolutely best for our club.

If Kamberi can't hack the flack and has (by inference) "downed tools" and/or "picked which games to turn up for" then I'm 100% behind our manager.

A managers job is to get the best out of his players. If his 'flak' is making a player who we've spent money on play worse than he did last season why would the answer be to empty the player?

chrisski33
22-12-2018, 11:05 PM

Well if thats the case scott allan wont be signing for us in january

Tornadoes70
22-12-2018, 11:05 PM
This place is mental :greengrin The same people are are always good for a laugh, though, on every thread.

How do you figure?

Despite my now and then disagreeing with good folk on here I always state just why I disagree with them.

Why are they good for a laugh?

One Day Soon
22-12-2018, 11:06 PM
Absolute, unmitigated bollocks. He scores goals, he was great at the start of the season and when not injured was key in the Europa League games and he was majestic against Celtic. He's misused and mistreated.

Kamberi is our best player.

He's not even our third best player. And when he's out of sorts/not interested/not trying/whatever is going on with him he's essentially a man missing - on one of our biggest wages.

MWHIBBIES
22-12-2018, 11:19 PM

No he hasn't.

SteveHFC
22-12-2018, 11:23 PM
No he hasn't.

It wasn’t there earlier mate.

Woody70x2
22-12-2018, 11:35 PM
Strikers need service and they are starved of it at the moment - answer is Scott Allan in January- make it happen.

Callum_62
22-12-2018, 11:36 PM
https://twitter.com/scotlandsky/status/1076619792793124865?s=21

who can argue with anything he says there?

Callum_62
22-12-2018, 11:37 PM
Strikers need service and they are starved of it at the moment - answer is Scott Allan in January- make it happen.

I dont think anyone thinks the service is great (altho theres been more than a few balls across the box that have failed to be met)

I think Lennons more focused on the movement, the effort and the desire

Fergos
22-12-2018, 11:38 PM
What has surprised me with NLs post match comments is that he has stated the Forwards aren’t doing enough which we could debate all day both for and against. However what about a powder puff, lethargic midfield that lacks creativity, strength and pace, that for me is our biggest issue.

Hi Heid Yin
23-12-2018, 12:25 AM
A managers job is to get the best out of his players. If his 'flak' is making a player who we've spent money on play worse than he did last season why would the answer be to empty the player?

On the plus side:

Flo Kamberi is a talent.

Flo Kamberi is quality.

Flo Kamberi when "on song" is the best at our club for making a nuisance of himself in the opposition box and impacting our games for the better.

On the negative side:

Flo Kamberi in the main (this season) is not demonstrating that talent.

Flo Kamberi in the main (this season) is not demonstrating that quality

Flow Kamberi has rarely been "on song" this season or made a nuisance of himself in the opposition box and impacted our games for the better.

I should add that I do concede mitigating circumstances in some games (ie little support from midfield, fewer opportunities laid on) but

not in other games, where it appears he is "short-changing" his team mates, his manager, our club and we supporters.

Neil Lennon by proxy (through Garry Parker) gave Flo Kamberi a public lambasting recently and this resulted in Flo rolling up his sleeves and turning in his "best performance" of the season against Celtic.

This, to me, demonstrates that being "called-out publicly" 1:does not automatically result in a player "downing tools" and/or losing confidence.

and 2: demonstrates that sometimes that wee "kick up the backside" can help to change a negative mind-set and get a player to focus and contribute that wee bit more.

CRAZYHIBBY
23-12-2018, 12:32 AM
If we get offers in january then id let him go and send jamie mac home as well....its not working

truehibernian
23-12-2018, 12:51 AM
If we get offers in january then id let him go and send jamie mac home as well....its not working

You are literally underlining your profile name - crazy talk - absolutely crazy chat that !

southern hibby
23-12-2018, 12:54 AM
Yup, I don’t get why missing a penalty is apparently a sign of a bad attitude or not trying? He didn’t mean to miss it and the keeper guessed the right way, it happens.

Maybe I’m clutching at straws but NL dumped Jamie after missing a penalty at Aberdeen, we went all those games unbeaten leading up to that game and drew 0-0. Next game Jamie dropped at Tynie and we get beat.

For me NL seems to be a very hard man to please.

GGTTH

CRAZYHIBBY
23-12-2018, 01:04 AM
You are literally underlining your profile name - crazy talk - absolutely crazy chat that !

I know.... just thought id join in with the current trend of ripping into our players

CMurdoch
23-12-2018, 01:07 AM

I disagree with his praise of Lewis Allan and that the strikers are to blame for this seasons poor form because his team is set up properly in midfield. To my eyes it isn't.

Lewis Allan, whose 2nd touch today was a tackle was played in the team ahead of MacLaren. IMHO Lewis will be doing well to play for Edinburgh City in the 3rd tier next season.
Lewis could have been brought on for the last 15 minutes to wrestle with the defenders.

Our midfield needs a combative, box to box midfielder. How much would such a guy cost and would he be available in January. The Answers are: at least £500k and No

I would like to know why Kamberi and MacLaren are not playing as a partnership.
MacLaren had a back injury but has been on the bench for a while but not used or brought on very late.
Today was made for Kamberi & MacLaren but no we put the 2 young guys up front and shelled balls at them. As anyone who has watched Livingston this season knows the big strong defenders gobble up the high balls up.

Today was the game we should have been going all out for the 3 points then resting the main guys for the Rangers game.
Today would have been 3 probable points and away at The Rangers is a long shot.

As for giving Kamberi a hard time publicly. Crass at best especially given Neil has been cut a lot of slack and should know that this will not be good for the players mentality.
It all has the Mad Vlad feel about it when we get a bad result this season.

Shrekko
23-12-2018, 01:08 AM
On the plus side:

Flo Kamberi is a talent.

Flo Kamberi is quality.

Flo Kamberi when "on song" is the best at our club for making a nuisance of himself in the opposition box and impacting our games for the better.

On the negative side:

Flow Kamberi has rarely been "on song" this season or made a nuisance of himself in the opposition box and impacted our games for the better.

I should add that I do concede mitigating circumstances in some games (ie little support from midfield, fewer opportunities laid on) but

not in other games, where it appears he is "short-changing" his team mates, his manager, our club and we supporters.

Neil Lennon by proxy (through Garry Parker) gave Flo Kamberi a public lambasting recently and this resulted in Flo rolling up his sleeves and turning in his "best performance" of the season against Celtic.

This, to me, demonstrates that being "called-out publicly" 1:does not automatically result in a player "downing tools" and/or losing confidence.

and 2: demonstrates that sometimes that wee "kick up the backside" can help to change a negative mind-set and get a player to focus and contribute that wee bit more.
Such a good post👍

I don’t think Kamberi will go into his shell after a bit of public criticism or lacks confidence - his ‘look how cool I am’ penalty today proved that.

He definitely needs a kick up the backside as he seemed to believe he’d answered everything last Sunday which should just have been the start.

He’s a terrific talent but his career to date shows there is clearly something missing that he needs to find... To me it looks like application is that missing thing. He had a point to prove last season and was fairly spectacular. The excuses being made for him are incredible.

Keyser Sauzee
23-12-2018, 01:09 AM
Everyone wanted Kamberi and MAC, we got them. What we didn’t get was Allan and also lost McGinn and Mcgeouch to boot. All this makes for a situation that doesn’t produce last years results. I don’t agree with Lennon publicly doing what he has but it’s not just his fault about recruitment. We need to get to January reassess and go from there.

Hi Heid Yin
23-12-2018, 01:27 AM
Such a good post👍

I don’t think Kamberi will go into his shell after a bit of public criticism or lacks confidence - his ‘look how cool I am’ penalty today proved that.

He definitely needs a kick up the backside as he seemed to believe he’d answered everything last Sunday which should just have been the start.

He’s a terrific talent but his career to date shows there is clearly something missing that he needs to find... To me it looks like application is that missing thing. He had a point to prove last season and was fairly spectacular. The excuses being made for him are incredible.

:agree::agree: The very issue that Neil Lennon has highlighted and is addressing in his own way.

NAE NOOKIE
23-12-2018, 01:52 AM
I just think Lennon has lost patience … he publicly slaughtered the team after an insipid performance against Raith Rovers in the Championship and got a great reaction. Whether that is ever going work with individual players is quite another matter.

He was right to have a go at Kamberi after today … his slack play in the middle of the park was directly responsible for us losing a goal and he must be asking himself why a guy who has had considerable success from the spot by smashing the ball suddenly decides to hit little better than a pass back with his latest attempt.

He made another point about the fact that our forwards never score with headers ever, well apart from Shaw's stooping effort against St Johnstone. Perhaps the service isn't as good as it was before, but we do get crosses into the box reasonably frequently and win a number of corners in most games, but even so we have a 6'2" centre forward who as far as I can recall hasn't been close to getting his head on a cross or a corner all season …. perhaps we should play Ryan Porteous up front to show him how its done.

It going to be a hell of an interesting January transfer window and given how hard it is to find what you want at the price you can afford in that window I cant help thinking a lot of folk are going to be disappointed come February …. we need a good striker and a physical midfielder who can also play a bit … best of luck Neil :confused:

Fuzzywuzzy
23-12-2018, 05:51 AM
Canny Bell was on OTB yesterday and said that Lennon was a great man manager that knew when to do the right thing to get the necessary reaction.

We need a seasoned striker to help these young guys. Whether we her one is another thing. Sometimes kamberis attitude can suck if things don't go his way. 6-0 Hamilton game he lost the ball in the box sauntered off the park and stood with his hands on is hips looming at the crowd. We still had possession in the box and it took him an age to get back involved .

Hibeesmad
23-12-2018, 06:45 AM
What do people think will be Kamberi’s reaction?

WhileTheChief..
23-12-2018, 06:54 AM
Hat-trick against Rangers then a one way flight outta Scotland :wink:

Pretty Boy
23-12-2018, 06:55 AM
I know.... just thought id join in with the current trend of ripping into our players

Which, in this instance at least, is being orchestrated by our manager.

we are hibs
23-12-2018, 07:20 AM
Well if thats the case scott allan wont be signing for us in january

Scott Allan was signed before when Lennon wasn't here. Just because a manager goes doesn't mean the list of players from the scouting team changes

we are hibs
23-12-2018, 07:25 AM
Last January yes but last December? Give us all a break, he will know better than we all do what he needs and how to find it. It might not happen in January again but I would trust Lennon to rebuild a team before any replacement you could suggest

He's had 1 good window out of 5. Your trust is misguided.

Marciano

Whittaker
Ambrose
Hanlon
Stevenson

Boyle
Mcginn
McGeouch
Barker

Stokes
Murray

Vs

Bogdan

Whittaker
Ambrose
Porteous
Stevenson

Slivka
Hyndman
Mallan
Horgan

Kamberi
Shaw

Which team do you genuinely believe is better?

chrisski33
23-12-2018, 07:26 AM
Scott Allan was signed before when Lennon wasn't here. Just because a manager goes doesn't mean the list of players from the scouting team changes

Yup but he wants to play under lennon again and loves playing for hibs!

Phil MaGlass
23-12-2018, 07:38 AM
Mibbe Kamberi is angling for a January move.

Tyler Durden
23-12-2018, 07:42 AM

There is plenty wrong with his comments.

1. He thinks the team is well balanced and it’s just the fault of the forwards. The midfield were pathetic yesterday

2. Albeit not Lewis Allan. Lennon thinks he played well. Where to start with that one? Clearly just covering the fact that he picked Allan and he was rubbish

3. Boyle back to his best. He hid for most of the game. Penalty was great play and disappointing that Kamberi missed but did Boyle set up lots of other chances for the forwards? He’s been poor for months but escapes criticism.

4. Suggesting we’re not getting enough from the forwards for weeks but then singling out Kamberi. He set up a great chance for Oli on Wednesday and another for Slivka. Did well and scored against Celtic. Shaw misses 2 sitters during the week and subbed early last 2 games but not singled out?

Pathetic from Lennon. Could have focused on some positives and the team showing spirit to get a draw, beating unbeaten in 5. But chooses to slag off one player

Baldy Foghorn
23-12-2018, 07:46 AM
I'm mixed with this one. Lennon clearly unhappy with Flo, but I don't like the public slating.

Few others could have been slated collectively, I thought we were pedestrian and some didn't show for the ball enough, that's what I would have commented upon, not singling out Flo

K.Marx
23-12-2018, 07:53 AM
Not read the whole thread, but maybe Lennon has data from performance analysis which is showing kamberi isn’t covering the same distance/making as many runs etc etc as last season?

I’m not a fan of managers publicly singling out players, especially when there’s a number who are underperforming, but maybe there is data which is showing a lack of application from Flo compared to other players in the squad.

eastcoasthibby
23-12-2018, 08:00 AM
Kamberi is a very decent forward and.for a number.of reasons appears to not be delivering as we know he can. His touch and link up play have been poor most.of the season so far, he isnt competing with defenders.the way he did last season. He seems greedier and is making a lot.of poor decisions in games, as NL says he spends more time falling all over for the least thing which frustrates the hell out of me, so must be worse for Lennon.
Having said all of that as a forward he must be frustrated at what happens around him, very little service to feed of to get chances, continually having to challenge for 70 -30 balls in the air with defenders, having almost nothing or no one to work with around him up front.
Although its not right but I can see why his attutude might be dwindling, because what happens around him is mostly pretty poor and not what he thought he was signing up.for after last season, but he should be putting the effort in.
I am really surprised at NL's actions here, but he.must be really pi££ed off at him, but the blame also sits with Lennon and his recruitment, who need to burst a gut and the bank in January and bring in 3-4 decent qualiity players, because waiting til the summer to rebuild will be too late for him.

Borderhibbie76
23-12-2018, 08:12 AM
Probably for the best.

I daresay more than a few fans have followed the managers lead and taken to abusing the guy on social media. He’s doing the right thing sheltering himself from that for the time being.That's really concerning and our manager is solely to blame for that...it's a form of bullying IMO the way Lennon and Parker keep singling Flo out for criticism in recent weeks and it's not acceptable for me I'm afraid. It's about time Dempster did the Same to Lennon for his baffling team selections... getting a bit sick of our manager choosing when he speaks to the press and generally acting like he is bigger than the club. Shaw and Allan were utter rank yesterday but yet again it's Flo who gets it in the neck. It was Lennon who chose that bizarre starting 11..nobody else. Another 3 of his signings in the midfield were also rank rotten in Slivka, Milligan and Hyndman. Time he started taking his share of the blame imo

Borderhibbie76
23-12-2018, 08:17 AM
If we get offers in january then id let him go and send jamie mac home as well....its not workingGreat idea and ignore the main issue of our non-existent midfield...which was built and signed by your guessed it...our blameless manager ( in manys eyes on here). I want Lennon to turn this around but he gets such an easy ride on here compared to previous managers. We are massively underperforming this season yet he seems blameless in Many people's eyes...I don't get it

SirDavidsNapper
23-12-2018, 08:21 AM
If Lennon has done it behind the scenes and is still not getting a reaction then seems he's trying another tactic now. Don't see much wrong with it.

MacGruber
23-12-2018, 08:29 AM
I think it's a disgrace from Lennon. Utter disgrace. If that's Flo's public comment, where is the rest of them. Never realised we were so good everywhere else round the park.
I think even now Flo is one of our better players.
Lewis allan and Shaw were both awful last night too. As were our non functoning midfield

Heisenberg
23-12-2018, 08:30 AM
The fact that Lennon thought our midfield was fine yesterday is worrying.

calumhibee1
23-12-2018, 08:40 AM
That is an absolute car crash of a read.

mcfly
23-12-2018, 08:42 AM
Lennonn is just deflecting the attention away from himself by publicly slagging our only striker.

It’s his poor signings from midfield that have caused the service to Kamberi to dry up.

He needs to step up to the plate and sign better players in jan. He’s had a massive budget and bottom 6 is NOT acceptable.

The 2lads he had up front yesterday were awful first half.

Lee Marvin
23-12-2018, 08:42 AM
Lennon is out of order in my opinion. Rather than chucking players under the bus he needs to look at himself. He signed the bulk of this team. He has been backed. He has signed players and played them out of position (Slivka out wide, Horgan in the middle) we play a back 4 and win, don’t concede and when we play a back 3 we leak goals and lose. So why change it? He chops and changes his team every week. It’s like we pick the squad by pulling names out a hat. When things don’t go his way he either sulks and refuses to do interviews or when he does he shatters our players confidence. I for one hope Leanne comes out and rips him apart like he has done to Flo!

Word for word

Hibeesmad
23-12-2018, 08:44 AM
He's had 1 good window out of 5. Your trust is misguided.

Marciano

Whittaker
Ambrose
Hanlon
Stevenson

Boyle
Mcginn
McGeouch
Barker

Stokes
Murray

Vs

Bogdan

Whittaker
Ambrose
Porteous
Stevenson

Slivka
Hyndman
Mallan
Horgan

Kamberi
Shaw

Which team do you genuinely believe is better?

If only we had the squad with mcginn and McGeough yesterday. We would have won comfortably

Brooster
23-12-2018, 09:02 AM
Flo is under performing that's for sure. He's not the only one though. He's not jumping for high balls, he's falling around looking for fouls rather than getting on with it and he's not chasing 30/70s like he did last season. His penalty was pathetic hands on hips, no power, no placement, goalie couldve sat on it etc. He needs to up his game otherwise I'm sure Lennon will be true to his word.

Stuart93
23-12-2018, 09:05 AM
I can’t really believe he’s ripping into flo then saying he was happy with how allan played, you can see the boys just not at premier league level. Don’t like knocking our younger players but he’s not good enough. It’s worrying that our manager can’t see it

Tyler Durden
23-12-2018, 09:12 AM
If Lennon has done it behind the scenes and is still not getting a reaction then seems he's trying another tactic now. Don't see much wrong with it.

It’s not another tactic though, the management team slated him only 2-3 weeks ago, the lad responded to that pretty well, shows good professionalism IMO and he gets criticised again.

Lennon seems more interested in what people think of him than getting the best out of Kamberi.

JimBHibees
23-12-2018, 10:24 AM
Starting to wonder if this is part of some plan to let him leave in the window. Maybe something has been agreed with another club and this little public fall out could be an attempt to try and justify it to some degree. May be total nonsense however not so sure seems very odd to call him out as thought we were better when he was on and although he lost ball the main issue with goal against was poor defending IMO straight through middle of defence.

we are hibs
23-12-2018, 10:31 AM
Even his pal Sutton is on BT saying hes in the wrong for publicly calling him out

andybev1
23-12-2018, 11:00 AM
seems kamberi deleted his instagram page last night but has since 're-upped it'. Really feel for him tbh.

Hibbyradge
23-12-2018, 11:05 AM
If Lennon isn't using the public criticism as a deliberate tactic to motivate Kamberi, then he's made a mistake.

Kamberi made 2 mistakes yesterday which cost us 5th place. We all make them.

They're grown men and they'll get over it.

B.H.F.C
23-12-2018, 11:10 AM
Having thought about this a bit more I actually can’t believe Lennon has come out and said what he did. It’s out of order.

That said, what he said was true so I’m not feeling overly sorry for Kamberi. Other than the odd game here and there he’s not applied himself properly. His work rate is nowhere near what we saw last year and it’s about time he got the finger out.

The manager just shouldn’t be doing that publicly though.

Borderhibbie76
23-12-2018, 11:22 AM
If Lennon isn't using the public criticism as a deliberate tactic to motivate Kamberi, then he's made a mistake.

They're grown men and they'll get over it.And what about the mistakes our manager made withbhis quite ridiculous starting 11?? It's time he started admitting some of the blame himself is it not??

Hibbyradge
23-12-2018, 11:30 AM
And what about the mistakes our manager made withbhis quite ridiculous starting 11?? It's time he started admitting some of the blame himself is it not??

He'll rightly say that the starting 11 should have had more than enough to beat Livingston at home.

Players were rested because of all the games in such a short space of time and with a view to the next two.

If Kamberi gets his act together as a result of the criticism, then it will not even have been a mistake.

He played his socks off to get a permanent contract, but now he's got it, the sparkle has been lost.

Borderhibbie76
23-12-2018, 11:35 AM
He'll rightly say that the starting 11 should have had more than enough to beat Livingston at home.

Players were rested because of all the games in such a short space of time and with a view to the next two.

If Kamberi gets his act together as a result of the criticism, then it will not even have been a mistake.

He played his socks off to get a permanent contract, but now he's got it, the sparkle has been lost.Completely disagree...he was playing in front of 3 terrific midfielderslast season.. this season our midfield is utter mince...and the blame for that falls at the door of Lennon and his poor summer recruitment. I'm not saying Kamberi has been blameless...but don't get your blinkered defence of Lennon mate...starting Shaw and Allan up front yesterday was a disgrace as was changing a back 4 that had kept 3 clean sheets to a back 3. Fed up with his tinkering. And if he has pi##ed of our only decent striker then who on earth plays up front in the Derby next week??

FilipinoHibs
23-12-2018, 11:35 AM
seems kamberi deleted his instagram page last night but has since 're-upped it'. Really feel for him tbh.

Very young to be publicly criticised by you manager. Lennon needs to mature. Could have done this in private

Borderhibbie76
23-12-2018, 11:38 AM
Very young to be publicly criticised by you manager. Lennon needs to mature. Could have done this in privateSpot on couldn't agree more

Hibbyradge
23-12-2018, 11:43 AM
Completely disagree...he was playing in front of 3 terrific midfielderslast season.. this season our midfield is utter mince...and the blame for that falls at the door of Lennon and his poor summer recruitment. I'm not saying Kamberi has been blameless...but don't get your blinkered defence of Lennon mate...starting Shaw and Allan up front yesterday was a disgrace as was changing a back 4 that had kept 3 clean sheets to a back 3. Fed up with his tinkering. And if he has pi##ed of our only decent striker then who on earth plays up front in the Derby next week??

I'm not saying that the manager is blameless, but that team was good enough to beat Livingston and they should have.

I said that if his criticism of Kamberi wasn't a deliberate tactic, then it was a mistake.

As Lennon points out, Porteous gets on the end of crosses etc yet Flo doesn't match that effort.

https://twitter.com/ScotlandSky/status/1076619792793124865?s=09

oldbutdim
23-12-2018, 11:44 AM
Very young to be publicly criticised by you manager. Lennon needs to mature. Could have done this in private

I think he said he HAD been doing it in private - but that had not worked. It suggested that a public lambasting was a 'last resort'.

wookie70
23-12-2018, 12:05 PM
I'm not saying that the manager is blameless, but that team was good enough to beat Livingston and they should have.

I said that if his criticism of Kamberi wasn't a deliberate tactic, then it was a mistake.

As Lennon points out, Porteous gets on the end of crosses etc yet Flo doesn't match that effort.

https://twitter.com/ScotlandSky/status/1076619792793124865?s=09

Player for player we might be good enough to beat Livingston but in terms of application, urgency, desire and most importantly organisation and partnerships within the team they are a good bit ahead of us. A few of those categories are down to the Players and Manager but the last two are the managers responsibility and we have never looked very organised with Lennon in charge. I'll cut him a little slack due to injuries but so many changes of personnel and then the change of shape is a masterstroke if it works and a shocker if it doesn't. Livingston are likely a team we will be competing with to get in the top 6. Points against them count double in some ways and it was rank stupidity in my mind making those changes and then making it even worse by trying to pin the blame on a striker low in confidence. If he was so lacking in confidence why allow him to take a penalty. It's all about Neil is how he comes across to me and if he can dish it out he should be able to take it.

mcfly
23-12-2018, 12:09 PM
Kamberi is our most sellable asset imo and to publicly slate him when he clearly isn’t the worst player is a disgrace.

That first half yesterday was awful.

We were far too slow and toothlessup front.

That’s the managers fault. It’s his job to recruit players and he hasn’t. The question had to be asked does the board trust him in January?

He has to up his game not just flo.

Chopping and changing formations every week.

Massive crowds biggest I can remember in years but we are not getting the performances that deserves.

Massive game fir Lennon v hearts. He has to beat them...

GreenProfessor
23-12-2018, 12:11 PM
Completely disagree...he was playing in front of 3 terrific midfielderslast season.. this season our midfield is utter mince...and the blame for that falls at the door of Lennon and his poor summer recruitment. I'm not saying Kamberi has been blameless...but don't get your blinkered defence of Lennon mate...starting Shaw and Allan up front yesterday was a disgrace as was changing a back 4 that had kept 3 clean sheets to a back 3. Fed up with his tinkering. And if he has pi##ed of our only decent striker then who on earth plays up front in the Derby next week??

Hear hear 👏🏻👏🏻

Hibbyradge
23-12-2018, 12:14 PM
Player for player we might be good enough to beat Livingston but in terms of application, urgency, desire and most importantly organisation and partnerships within the team they are a good bit ahead of us. A few of those categories are down to the Players and Manager but the last two are the managers responsibility and we have never looked very organised with Lennon in charge. I'll cut him a little slack due to injuries but so many changes of personnel and then the change of shape is a masterstroke if it works and a shocker if it doesn't. Livingston are likely a team we will be competing with to get in the top 6. Points against them count double in some ways and it was rank stupidity in my mind making those changes and then making it even worse by trying to pin the blame on a striker low in confidence. If he was so lacking in confidence why allow him to take a penalty. It's all about Neil is how he comes across to me and if he can dish it out he should be able to take it.

The thing is, even with all our injuries and resting players, we should have won the game 2-0.

Had we done so, no-one would be criticism NL's team selection or it's organisational abilities.

Unnecessarily giving the ball away and missing a penalty wasn't the manager's fault.

Flo scored a cracking goal last week and he wanted to take the penalty yesterday. Lennon said he wasn't sure if it was a confidence or application issue and that the penalty was a great opportunity to get Flo going again.

erin go bragh
23-12-2018, 12:16 PM
Kamberi took his goal against Celtic like the Kamberi of last season.
Dropping him yesterday was baffling.
Professional footballers should be able to play three games in a week .
Chopping and changing a team /formation, that was on a run of not conceding goals was very foolish.
Back to back wins on Wed , Sat and I’ll forgive him though:)

eastterrace
23-12-2018, 12:16 PM

I really worry if he honestly thought that Lewis Allen had a good game, maybe he trying to protect him but if not then we are in trouble.

JimBHibees
23-12-2018, 12:18 PM

Not so sure it was a disgrace given the number of games in a short space of time. Thought they did ok first half and if Boyle scores a great chance we are ahead. Would have brought on McLaren earlier for sure. As for the back 4 and 3 clean sheets lets be real this was only because Rangers finishing on Wednesday was very poor and to be honest bringing in Darren made sense given how dangerous Livi are at corners and long throws.

chrisski33
23-12-2018, 12:24 PM
So much tosh in this thread

Keith_M
23-12-2018, 12:27 PM
Who was it that chose the wrong starting line-up?

I realise some are saying we were resting players for the next two games, but you get the same 3 points if you beat Livi as you do with the other two teams.

This is a side that beat us away from home, and slaughtered Hearts 5-0, so to think you can rest players against them was a serious misjudgement.

Hibbyradge
23-12-2018, 12:27 PM

QED

:wink:

NORTHERNHIBBY
23-12-2018, 12:29 PM

That you had to add to?

wookie70
23-12-2018, 12:29 PM
The thing is, even with all our injuries and resting players, we should have won the game 2-0.

Had we done so, no-one would be criticism NL's team selection or it's organisational abilities.

Unnecessarily giving the ball away and missing a penalty wasn't the manager's fault.

Flo scored a cracking goal last week and he wanted to take the penalty yesterday. Lennon said he wasn't sure if it was a confidence or application issue and that the penalty was a great opportunity to get Flo going again.

Why should we have won the game 2-0. Not sure there was a huge amount in the game and I thought a draw was about fair. We didn't win and he made all the changes so he has to take a share of the blame. So many of our players give the ball away it is unfair to criticise someone giving the ball away 60 yards from our goal. Would that ball have caught us out if he had Porteous and Efe in the middle of a 4. No way of knowing but we do know that we dropped yet more points to a team with scant resources compared top our just like Dundee, St J and St Mirren. We also know that the manager was either resting players, making a point to player/players or just having a tinker because he fancied it. All his choices and it may have cost us two points which could be the difference of a top 6 place and a fair chunk of change.

Lennon got great praise for the performance against Celtc. I have no issue with that but he called the players out that night too. I can understand that and I felt the same about the huge effort that night compared to other nights. The problem is we have shown pretty much no desire or application in the next two games. Him calling them out looks to have backfired. Yes, the players need to look at themselves but Lennon needs to as well and he should do some soul searching before he lashes out. It looks like he has bought some decent players based on the Celtc game but he either can't get them motivated or can't get them into a formation or partnerships to make that quality show week in week out. It's not all Lennon's fault but when the chips are down shared responsibility is never a bad idea. Pointing the finger could be a bad move with Flo but the other players may start to play scared or feel that they should either support Flo or join in with the criticism

Hibbyradge
23-12-2018, 12:33 PM
Why should we have won the game 2-0. Not sure there was a huge amount in the game and I thought a draw was about fair. We didn't win and he made all the changes so he has to take a share of the blame. So many of our players give the ball away it is unfair to criticise someone giving the ball away 60 yards from our goal. Would that ball have caught us out if he had Porteous and Efe in the middle of a 4. No way of knowing but we do know that we dropped yet more points to a team with scant resources compared top our just like Dundee, St J and St Mirren. We also know that the manager was either resting players, making a point to player/players or just having a tinker because he fancied it. All his choices and it may have cost us two points which could be the difference of a top 6 place and a fair chunk of change.

Lennon got great praise for the performance against Celtc. I have no issue with that but he called the players out that night too. I can understand that and I felt the same about the huge effort that night compared to other nights. The problem is we have shown pretty much no desire or application in the next two games. Him calling them out looks to have backfired. Yes, the players need to look at themselves but Lennon needs to as well and he should do some soul searching before he lashes out. It looks like he has bought some decent players based on the Celtc game but he either can't get them motivated or can't get them into a formation or partnerships to make that quality show week in week out. It's not all Lennon's fault but when the chips are down shared responsibility is never a bad idea. Pointing the finger could be a bad move with Flo but the other players may start to play scared or feel that they should either support Flo or join in with the criticism

If Flo doesn't give the ball away and scores from 12 yards, we win 2-0.

I'm certain that NL will straighten things out regarding the criticism. Unless Flo has a Pogba sized ego, he'll take it on the chin and move on.

wookie70
23-12-2018, 12:44 PM
Who was it that chose the wrong starting line-up?

I realise some are saying we were resting players for the next two games, but you get the same 3 points if you beat Livi as you do with the other two teams.

This is a side that beat us away from home, and slaughtered Hearts 5-0, so to think you can rest players against them was a serious misjudgement.

I would argue 3 points are both more achievable and more valuable against Livi than The Rangers. I can't see The Rangers not being in the top 6 but I can see it being between us and Livi. 3 points gained on them could mean a good few quid come the split.

To answer your question Lennon picked the wrong team but it was seemingly Flo's fault we dropped points.

EVENTUALLY
23-12-2018, 12:49 PM
On the plus side:

Flo Kamberi is a talent.

Flo Kamberi is quality.

On the negative side:

Kamberi is a mouse when it comes to challenging for a high ball

Kamberi is Offside far too often

Kamberi is lacking in football nous

Kamberi is not a natural goalscorer but has decent right foot shot, his left foot is very very poor

Lennon or Kamberi is an easy choice. Bye Bye Flo.

Hibbyradge
23-12-2018, 12:50 PM
I would argue 3 points are both more achievable and more valuable against Livi than The Rangers. I can't see The Rangers not being in the top 6 but I can see it being between us and Livi. 3 points gained on them could mean a good few quid come the split.

To answer your question Lennon picked the wrong team but it was seemingly Flo's fault we dropped points.

I don't agree he picked the wrong team. He picked a team with more than enough to beat Livingston. A team that could and should have won 2-0.

Unless you're suggesting that it's his fault for bringing Kamberi on. (I know you're not).

The Modfather
23-12-2018, 12:51 PM

They're grown men and they'll get over it.

Kamberi lost the ball on the half way line. Why is it that one straight through ball took out all other 9 outfield players. Kamberi only lost the ball, he wasn’t responsible for there being a gaping hole through midfield and defence to the keeper. Why wasn’t the midfield or defence also called out for their part in the goal.

wookie70
23-12-2018, 12:52 PM
If Flo doesn't give the ball away and scores from 12 yards, we win 2-0.

I'm certain that NL will straighten things out regarding the criticism. Unless Flo has a Pogba sized ego, he'll take it on the chin and move on.

Flo would of course have to take it on the chin again and move on again. It might have been an idea for Lennon to take it on the chin yesterday.

If Lennon had picked a better team, if Lennon had left it as a 4 at the back, if Livi had scored with the best move of the match, if Lennon had chosen to leave Flo on the bench for the full 90 minutes, if Bogdam had been more alert, if our 2 centre halves had dealt with a straight 50 yard pass. It was a fair result and could be a very damaging one in the context of the season. We will be able to speculate more at the split.

SaulGoodman
23-12-2018, 12:52 PM

Kamberi is not a natural goalscorer but has decent right foot shot, his left foot is very very poor

That’s up there with the biggest load of **** I’ve ever read on this site.

Not a natural goal scorer? Out of everyone in this Hibs team if Kamberi was through 1 on 1 with the keeper I’d have him scoring.

No left foot? Did you watch his goal at Parkhead?

Hibbyradge
23-12-2018, 12:54 PM
Kamberi lost the ball on the half way line. Why is it that one straight through ball took out all other 9 outfield players. Kamberi only lost the ball, he wasn’t responsible for there being a gaping hole through midfield and defence to the keeper. Why wasn’t the midfield or defence also called out for their part in the goal.

I know, and Lennon questions that in the interview I posted above.

mcfly
23-12-2018, 12:55 PM

What utter rubbish - he’s our ONLY striker.

I’m assuming you haven’t been watching hibs this season.

wookie70
23-12-2018, 01:01 PM
I don't agree he picked the wrong team. He picked a team with more than enough to beat Livingston. A team that could and should have won 2-0.

Unless you're suggesting that it's his fault for bringing Kamberi on. (I know you're not).

Unless you are suggesting he picked a team to draw then you are categorically wrong. They never had enough to win. He picked a team that drew with Livi both in the first half without Flo and in the second half with him. He chose to make so many changes and he needs to show a bit of leadership. It isn't whether a team should have won it is if it did that matters. By your argument The Rangers should have beaten us.

Big L
23-12-2018, 01:08 PM
What a time to start this nonsense! TNRFC then the yams. Doesn't make for a happy dressing room that's for sure.

Hibbyradge
23-12-2018, 01:08 PM
By your argument The Rangers should have beaten us.

They should have beaten us. Even the players said we got lucky.

Anyway, we'll just have to agree to disagree and hope that the criticism of Flo has a positive result.

The Green Goblin
23-12-2018, 01:10 PM

He played his socks off to get a permanent contract, but now he's got it, the sparkle has been lost.

Can’t agree. That starting 11 was handing a form team an advantage before a ball was kicked. Forget the “next two”. Focus on the game in front of you and set out with your best team to win it. That’s what we should have done anyway.

wookie70
23-12-2018, 01:12 PM
They should have beaten us. Even the players said we got lucky.

Anyway, we'll just have to agree to disagree and hope that the criticism of Flo has a positive result.

No problem with that and hopefully Lennon has given Flo a kick up the bum that works rather than one that kills what little confidence he appears to have left.

MWHIBBIES
23-12-2018, 01:13 PM

:faf:

You see his goal Vs Celtic with his left foot earlier this season. Talking utter rubbish mate.

calumhibee1
23-12-2018, 01:13 PM
Can’t agree. That starting 11 was handing a form team an advantage before a ball was kicked. Forget the “next two”. Focus on the game in front of you and set out with your best team to win it. That’s what we should have done anyway.

:agree: one game at a time. Yesterday was a winnable game that we made a lot more difficult due to playing a weakened team.

EVENTUALLY
23-12-2018, 01:15 PM
What utter rubbish - he’s our ONLY striker.

I’m assuming you haven’t been watching hibs this season.

I've seen every home game and as far as Im concerned Kamberi is very very limited. I seen this lot over the last 55 years and he couldn't lace their boots.

neil martinpeter cormack
colin stein
joe mcbride
bobby hutchison
alan gordon
jimmy orourke
joe harper
gordon durie
steve cowan
willie irvine
keith houchen
steve archibald
keith wright
darren jackson
kevin harper
garry oconnor
derek riordan
anthony stokes
jason cummings

I get rid in January.

makaveli1875
23-12-2018, 01:17 PM
I've seen every home game and as far as Im concerned Kamberi is very very limited. I seen this lot over the last 55 years and he couldn't lace their boots.

neil martinpeter cormack
colin stein
joe mcbride
bobby hutchison
alan gordon
jimmy orourke
joe harper
gordon durie
steve cowan
willie irvine
keith houchen
steve archibald
keith wright
darren jackson
kevin harper
garry oconnor
derek riordan
anthony stokes
jason cummings

I get rid in January.

He's alot better than Kevin Harper or Cummings but cant argue with Deeks , GOC , Keith , Stokesy or Darren Jackson though . The rest are way before my time

we are hibs
23-12-2018, 01:18 PM

neil martinpeter cormack
colin stein
joe mcbride
bobby hutchison
alan gordon
jimmy orourke
joe harper
gordon durie
steve cowan
willie irvine
keith houchen
steve archibald
keith wright
darren jackson
kevin harper
garry oconnor
derek riordan
anthony stokes
jason cummings

I get rid in January.

Couldn't lace Cummings boots :hilarious

The Sundance Kid
23-12-2018, 01:21 PM

The only Hibs strikers with a better goals per game record than Kamberi since the Millennium are Chris Killen and Leigh Griffiths so can only be purely ignorance to question his goalscoring.

Callum_62
23-12-2018, 01:26 PM
Everyone whining about the service

I dont think the service is the gripe - its flos application in all other areas

Its way down on last year

His “lack of service” had nothing to do with chasing lost balls, being physical or making runs

All that is on Flo and I believe thats what the management teams frustration is with him

Our best striker he may be - doesn’t give him license to slack off

mcfly
23-12-2018, 01:32 PM

neil martinpeter cormack
colin stein
joe mcbride
bobby hutchison
alan gordon
jimmy orourke
joe harper
gordon durie
steve cowan
willie irvine
keith houchen
steve archibald
keith wright
darren jackson
kevin harper
garry oconnor
derek riordan
anthony stokes
jason cummings

I get rid in January.

Very very limited. Oh dear what utter rubbish

Ok so you are happy to play Allan and shaw up front every week.??

Sit down and take a deep breath

We don’t have these players u list anymore - Kamberi is quality and needs service. That’s up to he manager to sort it

The first half yesterday up front was appalling

wookie70
23-12-2018, 01:33 PM
Everyone whining about the service

I dont think the service is the gripe - its flos application in all other areas

Its way down on last year

His “lack of service” had nothing to do with chasing lost balls, being physical or making runs

All that is on Flo and I believe thats what the management teams frustration is with him

Our best striker he may be - doesn’t give him license to slack off

I agree with what you are saying in the round but the question is will calling him out help or make it worse.

Since90+2
23-12-2018, 01:34 PM

neil martinpeter cormack
colin stein
joe mcbride
bobby hutchison
alan gordon
jimmy orourke
joe harper
gordon durie
steve cowan
willie irvine
keith houchen
steve archibald
keith wright
darren jackson
kevin harper
garry oconnor
derek riordan
anthony stokes
jason cummings

I get rid in January.

Kamberi couldn't lace Cummings boots? That's an interesting viewpoint.

Callum_62
23-12-2018, 02:10 PM
I agree with what you are saying in the round but the question is will calling him out help or make it worse.

Only one way to find out

Im presuming they have been in at him behind the scenes (as have some of the players im told) - which doesn’t seem to caused the required improvement

Ive a feeling this is a last resort tactic to say to Flo that he is not irreplaceable

mcfly
23-12-2018, 02:17 PM
We can only assume Lennon has 2 strikers lined up for January then.

Maclaren is away till February and the other 2 guys won’t score
the goals we need.

If he’s not happy with flo then he must have others lined up.

The squad isn’t good enough and that lies with the manager

Baader
23-12-2018, 02:36 PM
Keith Houchen??!!!

Fergos
23-12-2018, 02:41 PM
The only Hibs strikers with a better goals per game record than Kamberi since the Millennium are Chris Killen and Leigh Griffiths so can only be purely ignorance to question his goalscoring.

Factual posts...it will never catch on!

Flos a young lad not even a year with us. Over the piece he has done well for us and Im sure NL thinks he could be top class and his criticism is designed to get him there, test his character etc. Not sayikg i agree with what has been said but I think its done with the best intentions.

wookie70
23-12-2018, 02:42 PM
Only one way to find out

Im presuming they have been in at him behind the scenes (as have some of the players im told) - which doesn’t seem to caused the required improvement

Ive a feeling this is a last resort tactic to say to Flo that he is not irreplaceable

It's a last resort tactic for the second time as Parker called him out a few weeks back. Since then he has played well and scored against Celtc, been fairly anonymous against The Rangers in a rearguard performance but still had a couple of important moments and been dropped against Livi. The management team aren't really giving him much time to get things going again.

He is replaceable but going by the strikers Lennon has signed the likelihood is he will be replaced by someone who isn't as good. At some point Lennon needs to work out why players like Flo and MacLaren were great last year and not so good this year. He also has to work out how Mallan is a combatative midfielder against Celtc and powderpuff and lacking energy for every other game. Why can Horgan run his socks off for 90 minutes again Celtc and be blowing out his arse after 60 minutes of a lighter shift against St Mirren. Why does Hyndman track back against Celtc but not against other teams etc etc.

When it is one player not giving everything perhaps he should be singled out but we have pretty much half a team performing inconsistently and looking like they aren't finishing with an empty tank most games. We have loads of players injured too which may or may not be wrapped up in this too. So yes Lennon can be critical, if that is professional and designed to motivate, but he has to be very careful not to single out and bully a player. I think he strayed into that territory yesterday. What he must do more than anything else is work out if he is the problem or are his signings just players who turn it on now and again and will never have the consistency and desire of the players they replaced. Either way he is a major factor in the teams lack of consistency this year and his team selections also come into this in terms of results and players confidence and desire.

Iggy Pope
23-12-2018, 02:51 PM

neil martinpeter cormack
colin stein
joe mcbride
bobby hutchison
alan gordon
jimmy orourke
joe harper
gordon durie
steve cowan
willie irvine
keith houchen
steve archibald
keith wright
darren jackson
kevin harper
garry oconnor
derek riordan
anthony stokes
jason cummings

I get rid in January.

Bobby Hutchison?
****s sake you’ve missed Ally Scott, Alex McGheee and Colin Campbell out.
Kamberi contributed more in half a season than Bobby Hutchison ever did.
Baws.

Hibbyradge
23-12-2018, 02:58 PM
Bobby Hutchison?
****s sake you’ve missed Ally Scott, Alex McGheee and Colin Campbell out.
Kamberi contributed more in half a season than Bobby Hutchison ever did.
Baws.

It's sad not to see Isak Refvik's name on that list.

Hibees1973
23-12-2018, 03:00 PM
If we get an offer for him, know Sunderland were keen, then move him on. Around £500k would suffice.

Lennon has criticised him at least twice directly to the press and I feel this will piss Kamberi off. Seems the sort who will throw the toys out the pram if things not going his way.

It is true that the service to him yesterday was shocking. Balls were fired to him in a way that he had to contort his body to either control it or move it on.

His penalty was exactly the same as the one against Runavik early on in the season. Little power and nowhere near the corner, except the Runavik goalie somehow couldn’t stop it.

Kamberi sums up our season so far. Inconsistent, no conviction, half-hearted and no direction.

Hibbyradge
23-12-2018, 03:04 PM
If we get an offer for him, know Sunderland were keen, then move him on. Around £500k would suffice.

Lennon has criticised him at least twice directly to the press and I feel this will piss Kamberi off. Seems the sort who will throw the toys out the pram if things not going his way.

What makes you feel that about him?

Hibees1973
23-12-2018, 03:15 PM
What makes you feel that about him?

Throws his arms in the air like a drama queen a lot, often selfish, not giving the ball to a colleague in a better position, etc.

Why would Lennon call him out. I expect and trust that Lennon has a couple of replacements lined up unless Kamberi and a few others don’t perform in the next two games which are huge for us.

Know it is all opinions and your’s may differ from mine but this is what I see.

Pedantic_Hibee
23-12-2018, 03:29 PM
Personally, and I haven’t read this thread so not sure what the consensus is, but I think lennon knows what he’s doing here.

Kamberi is a big strapping confident lad, he out of all the players on our payroll is the one player who I think would thrive of what Lennon has said and go all out to shut him up.

Kamberi doesn’t strike me as a shy, retiring type. He’s a confident boy and it shows in the big games especially. He will have listened to what Lennon has said and will be itching to shut him up.

Could be wrong, but Lennon might have played a blinder here.

Cue the transfer request, Lennon giving him a wet willy at East Mains and resigning and Jocky Scott coming in as caretaker as we narrowly win a relegation play-off to maintain our top division status.

wookie70
23-12-2018, 03:56 PM
Throws his arms in the air like a drama queen a lot, often selfish, not giving the ball to a colleague in a better position, etc.

Why would Lennon call him out. I expect and trust that Lennon has a couple of replacements lined up unless Kamberi and a few others don’t perform in the next two games which are huge for us.

Know it is all opinions and your’s may differ from mine but this is what I see. Is he trying to emulate his boss!

Weegreenman
23-12-2018, 03:58 PM
Lennon cost us three points yesterday with his team selection if you as me. Play our best eleven against Livi and we win the game comfortabley. Poor management in what I reckon is his last season at the club. He’s brought in a load of average players who are only good enough to take us into s top six position at best. If anyone thinks we’ll get top four with this lot then they are deluding themselves. Only major surgery in January can fix this. Depressing :rolleyes:

DavidDavidGray
23-12-2018, 04:05 PM
We are a much worse football team without Florian Kamberi. Got a very good record at us, is our joint top scorer and honestly I think does actually try. Had some very nice flicks and moments of skill this season, I would be raging if we sold him. I think Lennon is trying to deflect people from the fact that this season is our worst team since relegation.

Iggy Pope
23-12-2018, 05:24 PM
It's sad not to see Isak Refvik's name on that list.

Brexited.

mcfly
23-12-2018, 05:34 PM
We are a much worse football team without Florian Kamberi. Got a very good record at us, is our joint top scorer and honestly I think does actually try. Had some very nice flicks and moments of skill this season, I would be raging if we sold him. I think Lennon is trying to deflect people from the fact that this season is our worst team since relegation.

Exactly crazy that some people want to sell the only striker who is likely to score.

Unbelievable

The Spaceman
23-12-2018, 05:40 PM
Flo will come good. He is too good not to!

Think benching him will have given him a moment for reflection. We really need him and JMac to return to the form of last season!

Hi Heid Yin
23-12-2018, 05:42 PM

Think benching him will have given him a moment for reflection. We really need him and JMac to return to the form of last season!

Once we get a more dynamic and creative midfield then I to am sure that Flo will come good.

This January window is absolutely pivotal in getting those 2 or 3 new faces who will make all the difference in the 2nd half of the season.

Sir David Gray
23-12-2018, 05:48 PM

We need to improve the midfield for that to happen. Maclaren in particular is a penalty box striker who needs to have chances set up for him. He's not going to create chances for himself so requires a midfield that's capable of putting chances on a plate for him in the penalty box.

We don't have a midfield that does that just now.

Lancs Harp
23-12-2018, 05:52 PM
Our current team/squad just isnt creative enough and that starts from further back than the forward line.

We all know we lost too many creative effective players during the summer, they were never going to be easy to replace and we havent done. Our present squad doesnt have the answers, we need new blood in January to push on.

JimBHibees
24-12-2018, 06:43 AM
Lennon cost us three points yesterday with his team selection if you as me. Play our best eleven against Livi and we win the game comfortabley. Poor management in what I reckon is his last season at the club. He’s brought in a load of average players who are only good enough to take us into s top six position at best. If anyone thinks we’ll get top four with this lot then they are deluding themselves. Only major surgery in January can fix this. Depressing :rolleyes:

Missing a penalty and not defending a straight ball cost us 3 points.

Blaster
24-12-2018, 08:28 AM
Whilst I think everyone agrees that the service is nowhere near as good, or that Kamberi is a good player, the effort and desire from him is not the same as last season

Players will have bad games / spells but effort & desire should always be there

Callum_62
24-12-2018, 08:36 AM
Whilst I think everyone agrees that the service is nowhere near as good, or that Kamberi is a good player, the effort and desire from him is not the same as last season

Players will have bad games / spells but effort & desire should always be there

That is the crux of the matter - everything else is diversion

The Modfather
24-12-2018, 08:36 AM
Personally, and I haven’t read this thread so not sure what the consensus is, but I think lennon knows what he’s doing here.

Kamberi is a big strapping confident lad, he out of all the players on our payroll is the one player who I think would thrive of what Lennon has said and go all out to shut him up.

Kamberi doesn’t strike me as a shy, retiring type. He’s a confident boy and it shows in the big games especially. He will have listened to what Lennon has said and will be itching to shut him up.

Could be wrong, but Lennon might have played a blinder here.

Cue the transfer request, Lennon giving him a wet willy at East Mains and resigning and Jocky Scott coming in as caretaker as we narrowly win a relegation play-off to maintain our top division status.

As others have pointed out, he has already done this. Kamberi then scores a cracker against Celtic, plays ok in a defensive performance against Rangers and 45 mins in the Livi game and he’s calling him out again.

The timing from Lennon was bizarre and it’s poor that others can be as ineffective and go missing in games but Lennon never calls them out.

superfurryhibby
24-12-2018, 08:39 AM
Missing a penalty and not defending a straight ball cost us 3 points.

Exactly. How can you account for defenders failing to defend whilst 2 on 1 against a long ball which bounced twice before being put into the goal by a strikers first touch. It was appalling from Porteous and Ambrose, who ironically, were otherwise our two best players on the day.

Callum_62
24-12-2018, 08:44 AM
As others have pointed out, he has already done this. Kamberi then scores a cracker against Celtic, plays ok in a defensive performance against Rangers and 45 mins in the Livi game and he’s calling him out again.

The timing from Lennon was bizarre and it’s poor that others can be as ineffective and go missing in games but Lennon never calls them out.

Wonder whats been going in through the week

greenpaper55
24-12-2018, 09:05 AM
Kamberi is not running for the team as much as he did last season, whether this is down to laziness or he is carrying an injury is anyones guess, whatever it is it needs sorted and by calling him out Lennon must think it's laziness that's the problem.

BH Hibs
24-12-2018, 09:08 AM

neil martinpeter cormack
colin stein
joe mcbride
bobby hutchison
alan gordon
jimmy orourke
joe harper
gordon durie
steve cowan
willie irvine
keith houchen
steve archibald
keith wright
darren jackson
kevin harper
garry oconnor
derek riordan
anthony stokes
jason cummings

I get rid in January.

Willie Irvine???? **** me.

bigwheel
24-12-2018, 09:18 AM
Willie Irvine???? **** me.

I’m assuming he means the goals scoring one - not the ex Stirling Albion boy ...had a great season for us that’s for sure

wookie70
24-12-2018, 09:38 AM
Exactly. How can you account for defenders failing to defend whilst 2 on 1 against a long ball which bounced twice before being put into the goal by a strikers first touch. It was appalling from Porteous and Ambrose, who ironically, were otherwise our two best players on the day.

It was Porteous and Daz who ironically hadn't been playing as part of a 3 in the previous 3 games where we hadn't conceded a goal. They looked like they left it to each other to me but watching it back it was a decent ball from the Livi boy helped because he had an eternity to pick the pass (3 or 4 seconds). Milligan, who was in close attendance, only got closer to the passer because he was dribbling towards him. If I was looking for lack of effort in their goal I would be calling out Milligan who looks like he is going through the motions more than any other Hibs player.

SON OF PADDY
24-12-2018, 09:46 AM
If you couldn't see the difference in our play before and after he came on then you must have been watching a different game to me.

Allan was hopeless all game, like a lost wee laddie.

Kamberi was decent when he came on.

I dont know what Lenny is up to, but its disappointing that just when we seemed to have moved past all of this stuff, he starts it again.

Well said mate.

FilipinoHibs
24-12-2018, 09:52 AM

Think was a perfectly flighted ball - don't know if skill or just a fluke.

MWHIBBIES
24-12-2018, 10:26 AM
I actually disagree that Flo hasn't tried at all. He's just been in rough form, like many others. If we actually kept the ball better he wouldn't have to chase it. Would be absolutely ridiculous to get rid of him. He's a multi-million pound player.

One Day Soon
24-12-2018, 10:38 AM
Loved last season's Flo, don't recognise this season's Flo.

When we signed him my view was that he was as valuable to us for his chasing down and harrying of opponents when we didn't have the ball as he was for goals. This season he's done none of the former and next to nothing of the latter.

He's a big player and we should expect a lot from him. But right now we're not getting a lot more from him than we are from the others. Shape up or ship out.

Hibbyradge
24-12-2018, 11:11 AM
Loved last season's Flo, don't recognise this season's Flo.

When we signed him my view was that he was as valuable to us for his chasing down and harrying of opponents when we didn't have the ball as he was for goals. This season he's done none of the former and next to nothing of the latter.

He's a big player and we should expect a lot from him. But right now we're not getting a lot more from him than we are from the others. Shape up or ship out.

I accept that most of the games I've seen this season have been on TV so I may not be getting the full picture, but this is where I'm at with Flo.

It's like he's just waiting for chances to come to him whereas last season he was actively trying to get them by putting himself about a bit and pressurising defenders.

Seemingly he isn't happy with the current situation so I do hope it can be resolved for the benefit of the team.

Tornadoes70
24-12-2018, 11:18 AM

neil martinpeter cormack
colin stein
joe mcbride
bobby hutchison
alan gordon
jimmy orourke
joe harper
gordon durie
steve cowan
willie irvine
keith houchen
steve archibald
keith wright
darren jackson
kevin harper
garry oconnor
derek riordan
anthony stokes
jason cummings

I get rid in January.

Fletch definitely deserves to be on the list.

Since90+2
24-12-2018, 11:26 AM
I actually disagree that Flo hasn't tried at all. He's just been in rough form, like many others. If we actually kept the ball better he wouldn't have to chase it. Would be absolutely ridiculous to get rid of him. He's a multi-million pound player.

He's not a multi million pound player. He potentially could be but at this moment in time we would struggle to get over 500k for him.

MWHIBBIES
24-12-2018, 11:29 AM
He's not a multi million pound player. He potentially could be but at this moment in time we would struggle to get over 500k for him.

His 2 brilliant goals against Celtic this season alone make him worth more than 500k. Guy is such a player, needs support and confidence back.

bigwheel
24-12-2018, 11:30 AM
His 2 brilliant goals against Celtic this season alone make him worth more than 500k. Guy is such a player, needs support and confidence back.

And maybe needs to work harder too??

B.H.F.C
24-12-2018, 11:32 AM

Exactly this. The talent is there. It’s up to him to make sure it’s not wasted.

Northernhibee
24-12-2018, 11:34 AM

Depends how bad his knee is.

Keith_M
24-12-2018, 11:40 AM

Is he due to go for surgery at some point?

I'm sure somebody mentioned that on here but not sure how accurate it is.

Hibbyradge
24-12-2018, 11:41 AM

If he was injured, Lennon wouldn't be on his case.

superfurryhibby
24-12-2018, 11:47 AM
It was Porteous and Daz who ironically hadn't been playing as part of a 3 in the previous 3 games where we hadn't conceded a goal. They looked like they left it to each other to me but watching it back it was a decent ball from the Livi boy helped because he had an eternity to pick the pass (3 or 4 seconds). Milligan, who was in close attendance, only got closer to the passer because he was dribbling towards him. If I was looking for lack of effort in their goal I would be calling out Milligan who looks like he is going through the motions more than any other Hibs player.

Apologies to the Efemeister, he was nowhere near it.

Just watched it again. Flo lost the ball in a guileless manner when attempting to latch onto a pass, the guy has acres of room to hit a well executed path deep into the Hibs half. Porteous wasn’t anywhere near the forward and McGregor was sleeping. A very simple goal and speaking as a former centre half myself, I would have been annoyed at myself If someone had scored that against me in the Edinburgh amatuer league. Juvenile defending.

Flo shouldn’t be getting bounced off the ball so easily. Livi defender is a big laddie, but Flo’s no lightweight. Casual as **** or just one of those things? That is what’s getting on Lennon’s nerves just now.

Since90+2
24-12-2018, 11:49 AM

He is a player , undoubtedly. But he's not at multi million pound player currently.

MWHIBBIES
24-12-2018, 11:58 AM

I guess so. James Collins ran around alot. So did Murray. I'll take Flo any day, even on this form. The best players make intelligent runs, conserve their energy for the best times.

Shrekko
24-12-2018, 12:01 PM
I guess so. James Collins ran around alot. So did Murray. I'll take Flo any day, even on this form. The best players make intelligent runs, conserve their energy for the best times.

He doesn’t make intelligent runs though!!... and no the best players do not ‘conserve energy’ under any circumstances - they work their socks off- like Flo did last season funnily enough.

Hard work gets rewards.

I find it incredible how stout the defence has been of his performances this season- his general play has been woeful ... nothing to do with anybody or anything else.

bigwheel
24-12-2018, 12:05 PM

To me, his work rate is often (not always) noticeably less than last season ...some of that may be confidence, but feels like as its got tougher for us, some have stepped up to the challenge, but Kamberi has been more miss than hit..the fact that he has a talent to play at a high performance level only makes this more frustrating..I suspect this is what is triggering the criticism from the coaches ..don’t agree with the public flogging - I’m assuming they think it will get a reaction ...

MWHIBBIES
24-12-2018, 12:09 PM
He doesn’t make intelligent runs though!!... and no the best players do not ‘conserve energy’ under any circumstances - they work their socks off- like Flo did last season funnily enough.

Hard work gets rewards.

I find it incredible how stout the defence has been of his performances this season- his general play has been woeful ... nothing to do with anybody or anything else.

You're entitled to think that. I think he's had many decent games. Of course the best players conserve energy, Messi and Ronaldo don't chase down lost causes and such. Flo had significantly better service last season. He's getting it hoofed at him like the neighbors fence this season.

Captain Trips
24-12-2018, 12:09 PM
Flo has flaws so do lots of strikers and if he didnt he wouldn't be here.

The guy has shown me he is more than good enough for this league and IMO there are other players whom if are giving best themselves then it's simply not good enough.

From IMO NL selection and set up errors to bad passing in key areas and schoolboy defending sees us 7th.

Now is the time for players and manager to be as one and sort it and sort it ASAP.

I want 6pts from next 2 games and if we do not get them it better be because our best wasn't good enough not through dreadful play.

madhatter
24-12-2018, 12:16 PM
Flo is clearly not performing like last season. I think the loss of McGinn and McGeouch has left him in a poor state of mind. The service into the front men has been shocking all season and I just get the feeling he can't be bothered running about after every poor ball. That was one of his strongest points last season, he closed down opposing players, now he walks around. I'd replace both in January, neither has looked ok this season.

J-C
24-12-2018, 12:34 PM
I still say I think there are things going on behind the scenes that's causing a negative give at the club, thus past 4-5weeks we've seen some rank rotten performances, Lennon going missing from media, both Parker and now Lennon having a go at an individual player instead of the team as a whole. Are players losing faith in the management and their footballing ideas?

Shrekko
24-12-2018, 12:40 PM
You're entitled to think that. I think he's had many decent games. Of course the best players conserve energy, Messi and Ronaldo don't chase down lost causes and such. Flo had significantly better service last season. He's getting it hoofed at him like the neighbors fence this season.
He’s not getting it hoofed at him very often....absolutely not. But strikers are always expected to have awkward balls played into them - his attempts to control them have been woeful and his distribution shocking generally.

I think he’s a well above average player at this level- he needs to start showing it. Blaming everyone but him is probably his attitude as well.
Folk seem happy to rip less talented players but a potential talisman is getting an easy ride here from the fans.

madhatter
24-12-2018, 12:52 PM
He’s not getting it hoofed at him very often....absolutely not. But strikers are always expected to have awkward balls played into them - his attempts to control them have been woeful and his distribution shocking generally.

I think he’s a well above average player at this level- he needs to start showing it. Blaming everyone but him is probably his attitude as well.
Folk seem happy to rip less talented players but a potential talisman is getting an easy ride here from the fans.

He was getting an easy ride, think fans are starting to turn on him. If he isn't scoring every week or contributing by setting up his strike partner, he needs to be working hard. He isn't though.

I loved Kamberi last season, he has been shocking this season. Holt would have a bigger impact in this team, he bullied defenders and enjoyed it. I still remember when he owned Hearts. Kamberi gets bullied by defenders and gives up immediately now.

He's been like this all season, it noticeably got worse after the European games and McGinn leaving. Think he sees club going backwards in terms of standard of players and is regretting returning, may be wrong but his attitude needs to change or he can leave.

MWHIBBIES
24-12-2018, 12:52 PM

I don't really rip into any Hibs players, I generally give then the benefit of the doubt. Especially class like Flo.

J-C
24-12-2018, 01:10 PM
He was getting an easy ride, think fans are starting to turn on him. If he isn't scoring every week or contributing by setting up his strike partner, he needs to be working hard. He isn't though.

I loved Kamberi last season, he has been shocking this season. Holt would have a bigger impact in this team, he bullied defenders and enjoyed it. I still remember when he owned Hearts. Kamberi gets bullied by defenders and gives up immediately now.

He's been like this all season, it noticeably got worse after the European games and McGinn leaving. Think he sees club going backwards in terms of standard of players and is regretting returning, may be wrong but his attitude needs to change or he can leave.

Players are ambitious like everyone and maybe Kamberi was told we're going to be pushing for 2nd this year and that motivated him to sign, he's seen McGinn, McGeouch and Allan leaving with players of half the quality come in, I think he expected to be challenging at the top and getting to cup finals and not signing below average back up like Nelom and Mavrias.

MWHIBBIES
24-12-2018, 01:13 PM
Players are ambitious like everyone and maybe Kamberi was told we're going to be pushing for 2nd this year and that motivated him to sign, he's seen McGinn, McGeouch and Allan leaving with players of half the quality come in, I think he expected to be challenging at the top and getting to cup finals and not signing below average back up like Nelom and Mavrias.
We signed some average back ups last season like big Dave and rherras.

Scouse Hibee
24-12-2018, 01:17 PM
Once again Lennon calls it as it is.

It was clear to everyone that he wasn’t scoring that pen and he was absolutely to blame for their goal.

He needs to play better in future or we will need to replace him.

Blaming him for their goal is ridiculous and stinks of an agenda against him from the management. Piss poor from Lennon as have been many of his team selections and tactics. I’ve never heard Lennon say it how it is in regard to his own mistakes.

Pretty Boy
24-12-2018, 02:01 PM

Hard work gets rewards.

A few years ago I read an interview with Freddie Kanoute. I think it was in 442 magazine but I can't find it anywhere.

Anyway the gist of the interview was why he had been a flop at Spurs but had, for a couple of season at least, been arguably the best striker in Spain whilst at Sevilla, at a time when Samuel Eto'o, David Villa and Ruud van Nistelrooy amongst other where strutting their stuff. He said that in England the fans had booed him for not chasing lost causes, if a ball was rolling away for a goal kick he was expected to chase it even if he knew he could never get to it. He said that the management at Spurs were influenced by the crowd reaction and he was often lambasted for his work rate. So he said he started to run about daft and was often in the wrong positions because he chased a ball 40 yards for no reason, the game moved on and he wasn't in the position in which he felt he should be. At Sevilla the manager signed 2 wingers, told him to run when he needed to run and to make sure he was in the box at the right time. The result was 136 goals in 290 games (1 every 2.13 games) for Sevilla and 3 European trophies compared to 21 goals in 73 games for Spurs (1 every 3.47 games). Hi spoint wasn't that he was 'conserving energy' but rather he was using his energy in the correct way.

I don't see a lack of effort from Kamberi. He just looks devoid of confidence and like he needs a bit support, maybe the fans could give him the proverbial arm around the shoulder rather than slaughtering him during his 1st real dip in form since arriving here? a bit criticism is fair game but some of the stuff is really poor.

wookie70
24-12-2018, 02:11 PM
A few years ago I read an interview with Freddie Kanoute. I think it was in 442 magazine but I can't find it anywhere.

Anyway the gist of the interview was why he had been a flop at Spurs but had, for a couple of season at least, been arguably the best striker in Spain whilst at Sevilla, at a time when Samuel Eto'o, David Villa and Ruud van Nistelrooy amongst other where strutting their stuff. He said that in England the fans had booed him for not chasing lost causes, if a ball was rolling away for a goal kick he was expected to chase it even if he knew he could never get to it. He said that the management at Spurs were influenced by the crowd reaction and he was often lambasted for his work rate. So he said he started to run about daft and was often in the wrong positions because he chased a ball 40 yards for no reason, the game moved on and he wasn't in the position in which he felt he should be. At Sevilla the manager signed 2 wingers, told him to run when he needed to run and to make sure he was in the box at the right time. The result was 136 goals in 290 games (1 every 2.13 games) for Sevilla and 3 European trophies compared to 21 goals in 73 games for Spurs (1 every 3.47 games). Hi spoint wasn't that he was 'conserving energy' but rather he was using his energy in the correct way.

I don't see a lack of effort from Kamberi. He just looks devoid of confidence and like he needs a bit support, maybe the fans could give him the proverbial arm around the shoulder rather than slaughtering him during his 1st real dip in form since arriving here?

That makes total sense to me. What I do want is my forwards closing down defenders to make it hard for them to start moves and give th eteam a chance to reform when we have lost the ball. The way we played against Celtc, with the whole team pressing, allowed them to do that to great success. Most other games the midfield sit and wait to press, if they press at all, and at that point Kamberi and his partner will be wasting energy as the defenders make easy passes. The set up of the team changes so often the trust needed to charge about and potentially be made to look like an arse isn't there. That along with midfielders who don't seem interested in pressing a ball 5 yards from them, see Milligan's woeful efforts at the Livi goal, and you have Flo potentially working less for similar reasons to Kanoute. It's a team game and many of our issues are about partnerships in the team and shape. To call out one player when many look like they aren't leaving the park with nothing left is very unfair.

Lago
24-12-2018, 03:02 PM

Your final para absolutely nails it for me, I think he probably does regret re signing.

ahibby
24-12-2018, 03:55 PM
Your final para absolutely nails it for me, I think he probably does regret re signing.

I don't think he regrets signing at all, at least not before the Livi match but since the slating from NL and fans, perhaps he does now. The private chat they had must have made it clear that come the January window he might be shipped or at least side lined until he's shipped. I'm going by his goal celebration against Celtic. However, his reactions and thought processes seemed slow on Saturday until he had made a few errors and then he looked a bit sharper. He needs to stop taking it for granted and switch on from the start. For me MB did little of noteworthy until he won the pen. All in all it was a bad day at the office not helped imo by playing LA and OS up front from the start. It took DH to open up their defence and I couldn't have been the only one to understand that's what was needed long before he came on. However, despite like most of us, having seen myriad games, what goes through some mangers minds is still a bit of a mystery. Understandable sometimes with hindsight when you hear about injuries etc but still there are occasions when changes could and should have been made but they (managers) wait and wait and fifteen to twenty minutes later they make the change that fans have since been crying out for. Still they know better than me but it still feels weird. I hope Kamberi goes no where, there is a player in there and when the rest of the team eventually click then hopefully he will too.

angus hibby
24-12-2018, 04:18 PM
Not sure what NL is hoping to achieve by laying into his players publicly. Unless I’m mistaken, he was quoted as saying he isn’t getting enough from his centre forwards and then named Kamberi as being at fault for the goal. Given that Shaw was hooked at HT, he obviously isn’t happy with Shaw either. MacLaren? Not started a game in ages so either not fit enough to start or not showing enough in training.

Nowadays, managers don’t criticise their players publicly and certainly not twice within a matter of weeks.

Given our excellent 2018 home record, I’m prepared to give NL benefit of the doubt at moment but I’m not sure he’s handled this well.

Hi Heid Yin
24-12-2018, 05:37 PM
Not sure what NL is hoping to achieve by laying into his players publicly. Unless I’m mistaken, he was quoted as saying he isn’t getting enough from his centre forwards and then named Kamberi as being at fault for the goal. Given that Shaw was hooked at HT, he obviously isn’t happy with Shaw either. MacLaren? Not started a game in ages so either not fit enough to start or not showing enough in training.

Nowadays, managers don’t criticise their players publicly and certainly not twice within a matter of weeks.

Given our excellent 2018 home record, I’m prepared to give NL benefit of the doubt at moment but I’m not sure he’s handled this well.

So, are you giving him the benefit of the doubt that he was right to call-out publicly a player who appears to be short-changing us and not working hard enough?

angus hibby
24-12-2018, 05:44 PM
So, are you giving him the benefit of the doubt that he was right to call-out publicly a player who appears to be short-changing us and not working hard enough?

I don’t think he’s right to publicly criticise the player. I’m giving him the benefit of the doubt as to whether long term he’s the manager I want at Hibs.

neil7908
24-12-2018, 05:49 PM

I don't see a lack of effort from Kamberi. He just looks devoid of confidence and like he needs a bit support, maybe the fans could give him the proverbial arm around the shoulder rather than slaughtering him during his 1st real dip in form since arriving here? a bit criticism is fair game but some of the stuff is really poor.

Yup. We recently had a forward, Simon Murray, who worked himself into the ground every game but ultimately the consensus from the fans was that, despite all the effort, he was a bit of a headless chicken and lacked that bit of class and awareness to be a top level forward. Lennon obviously felt so as well as he's no longer with the club.

We can find dozens of strikers to run around all day but I guarantee we'll be hard pressed finding a better overall player than Flo.

Forwards chasing only works if the whole team does it. It works for Liverpool as its not just Salah on his own, Mane, Firmino and the whole midfield do it so that the opposition are really pushed and the workload is shared. If its just one guy up front all that will happen is, like the example you highlight above, he'll end up shattered and out of position.

Boyle, Slivka, Mallan, even Milligan need to be able play their part and right now, that's not how Lenny has set the team up.

Sammy7nil
24-12-2018, 05:59 PM

On flip side you could say Shearer scored loads more chasing lost causes.

Lago
24-12-2018, 06:29 PM
The problem I have is that there are a number who could be accused of not pulling their weight, Boyle has done the square root of f.... all since his Oz call up as far as I'm concerned.

Lago
24-12-2018, 06:30 PM
I don't think he regrets signing at all, at least not before the Livi match but since the slating from NL and fans, perhaps he does now. The private chat they had must have made it clear that come the January window he might be shipped or at least side lined until he's shipped. I'm going by his goal celebration against Celtic. However, his reactions and thought processes seemed slow on Saturday until he had made a few errors and then he looked a bit sharper. He needs to stop taking it for granted and switch on from the start. For me MB did little of noteworthy until he won the pen. All in all it was a bad day at the office not helped imo by playing LA and OS up front from the start. It took DH to open up their defence and I couldn't have been the only one to understand that's what was needed long before he came on. However, despite like most of us, having seen myriad games, what goes through some mangers minds is still a bit of a mystery. Understandable sometimes with hindsight when you hear about injuries etc but still there are occasions when changes could and should have been made but they (managers) wait and wait and fifteen to twenty minutes later they make the change that fans have since been crying out for. Still they know better than me but it still feels weird. I hope Kamberi goes no where, there is a player in there and when the rest of the team eventually click then hopefully he will too.
Good summary.

Tyler Durden
24-12-2018, 07:13 PM

Hard work gets rewards.

He doesn't make intelligent runs?

For Slivka's goal last weekend, he made a run to take defenders across the box and leave Slivka in space. Against Rangers he had some great touches and was involved in creating our best 3 chances. That's just in the last 3 games FFS.

As for his performances this season. He was great in Europe, look at McGinns goal away in Greece. In his first 5 league games he scored in 4 of them. He then got sent off in the Derby. When he returned he's had 4 fairly poor games and Parker called him out. Kamberi took that on the chin and his showings against Hamilton and the old firm were much better.

So anyone saying he's been poor all season is talking rubbish. He's a young guy who's had a dip after an incredible start. Unfortunately Neil Lennon has just made it fair game for our so called supporters to slate him, rather than get behind him to regain his form.

Tyler Durden
24-12-2018, 07:17 PM

Was he getting bullied by the Hearts defence when he was sent off for dishing it out himself? Was he getting bullied in the 90th minute against Rangers?

He had a poor touch against Livvy and he's done that too much, gave up possession too often. It's a loss of form over a short period, nothing more.

Shrekko
24-12-2018, 08:54 PM
He doesn't make intelligent runs? Utter nonsense.

For Slivka's goal last weekend, he made a run to take defenders across the box and leave Slivka in space. Against Rangers he had some great touches and was involved in creating our best 3 chances. That's just in the last 3 games FFS.

As for his performances this season. He was great in Europe, look at McGinns goal away in Greece. In his first 5 league games he scored in 4 of them. He then got sent off in the Derby. When he returned he's had 4 fairly poor games and Parker called him out. Kamberi took that on the chin and his showings against Hamilton and the old firm were much better.

So anyone saying he's been poor all season is talking rubbish. He's a young guy who's had a dip after an incredible start. Unfortunately Neil Lennon has just made it fair game for our so called supporters to slate him, rather than get behind him to regain his form.

We all know he’s a potentially good player.

Who do you think you are with some of your comments towards posters who disagree with you by the way!!

Some people are agreeing with Neil Lennon... who I’m guessing has forgotten more about what it takes to be a top level footballer than you’ll ever know!

Tyler Durden
24-12-2018, 09:24 PM
We all know he’s a potentially good player.

Who do you think you are with some of your comments towards posters who disagree with you by the way!!

Some people are agreeing with Neil Lennon... who I’m guessing has forgotten more about what it takes to be a top level footballer than you’ll ever know!

I’ve edited those 2 posts as came across pretty rude. Two sentences basically but was OTT

Clearly I disagree and my main point there is stuff like “he’s been hopeless all season” is simply not accurate. He’s scored in 4 of his first 5 SPFL games.

Shrekko
26-12-2018, 04:36 PM
For a bit of balance I thought Flo was really good today and on this instance the service to him WAS awful. He was a handful and looked sharp.

He won’t go wrong if he plays like that every week.

alihibs1
26-12-2018, 04:58 PM
https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hibs/neil-lennon-proud-of-hibs-display-in-ibrox-draw-1-4848874/amp?__twitter_impression=true

Good to see Lennon giving Kamberi credit after a good performance today. Onwards and Upwards.

SingaporeHibs
26-12-2018, 05:05 PM
Deserved praise today and if reading between the lines correctly it sounds like behind the scenes Lennon has been working hard with Flo, not just publicly hammering him.

SMAXXA
26-12-2018, 05:30 PM
Don’t think he was that great apart from a few good balls round the corner second half. Never seen a striker try take the ball down with every part of his body lol, really like Flo and want him to succeed but needs to do better imo

Mclaren did nothing, Boyle poor aswell we need more creative players in the window, well done Mackie, Gray and Horgan thought they did well.

Ambrose best player on the park by a mile

kaimendhibs
26-12-2018, 06:39 PM
I thought Flo was poor today, his hold up stuff was non existent at times.
Efe gave the ball away loads and the number 40 was in behind him a few times.
Jamie made great runs and worked his socks off.
Funny how we all see games differently

PONGO
26-12-2018, 07:10 PM
I thought Flo was poor today, his hold up stuff was non existent at times.
Efe gave the ball away loads and the number 40 was in behind him a few times.
Jamie made great runs and worked his socks off.
Funny how we all see games differently

Totally agree with you . Mclaren always makes greats runs of the ball but never gets the service . He did well today but no service. I would have taken of Flo before Mclaren . I have watched Mclaren closely since he came and his movement of the ball is great . Last year he got the service to score goals . This year the midfield gives nothing to the front 2 .

Hi Heid Yin
26-12-2018, 07:22 PM
Deserved praise today and if reading between the lines correctly it sounds like behind the scenes Lennon has been working hard with Flo, not just publicly hammering him.

For all the perceived rights or wrongs of calling-out a player publicly, it has to be conceded that it might just be what Flo Kamberi needed, for he played like the Kamberi we know he can be -

"getting in the faces of opposition defenders" and "making a nuisance of himself" resulting in his team mates being able to exploit the spaces left by "pre-occupied defenders".

If he isn't scoring, says Neil lennon, then he needs to give us something else, and today he gave us that "something else".

Well done Flo Kamberi.

kaimendhibs
26-12-2018, 07:25 PM
Totally agree with you . Mclaren always makes greats runs of the ball but never gets the service . He did well today but no service. I would have taken of Flo before Mclaren . I have watched Mclaren closely since he came and his movement of the ball is great . Last year he got the service to score goals . This year the midfield gives nothing to the front 2 .Was shocked it was him and not Flo who got hooked.
Kamberi hardly won a header and fell on his arse more times than I can remember

BILLYHIBS
29-12-2018, 08:12 PM
I thought Flo was terrible today

never won a ball in the air

could not beat a man

could not turn

touch like an elephant

could not hold the ball up

bossed by Berra

Was surprised he was not hooked sooner

Looks injured and unfit

When he got subbed by Lenny on ninety minutes it was like Lenny was making a statement

All of the above is imho!

calumhibee1
29-12-2018, 08:14 PM
I thought Flo was terrible today

never won a ball in the air

could not beat a man

could not turn

touch like an elephant

could not hold the ball up

bossed by Berra

Was surprised he was not hooked sooner

Looks injured and unfit

When he got subbed by Lenny on ninety minutes it was like Lenny was making a statement

All of the above is imho!

Flo was awful today. He needs to do more. I do feel sorry for him though, he was outstanding last season in a team that played a totally different style of football last season. This season he’s in a team playing long ball football that doesn’t suit him in the slightest and getting slaughtered by his manager because of it.

No doubting he needs to improve this side of his game but he’s also being hung out to dry with the way we play.

BILLYHIBS
29-12-2018, 08:22 PM
Flo was awful today. He needs to do more. I do feel sorry for him though, he was outstanding last season in a team that played a totally different style of football last season. This season he’s in a team playing long ball football that doesn’t suit him in the slightest and getting slaughtered by his manager because of it.

No doubting he needs to improve this side of his game but he’s also being hung out to dry with the way we play.

Agree but still terrible!

I would not be surprised if Lenny has finally run out of patience and let’s him go in January as he is not offering much and we need better

We need better quality final third Scott Allan is a must

Kamara cannae get a game for Dundee and imho Bartley is better

What happened to Bartley today?

J-C
29-12-2018, 08:27 PM
I don't think Flo will be here after January, I also feel the same about Lennon, I still think things aren't quite right behind the scenes, I can't put my finger exactly on what the problem is but things not right.

BILLYHIBS
29-12-2018, 08:39 PM
I don't think Flo will be here after January, I also feel the same about Lennon, I still think things aren't quite right behind the scenes, I can't put my finger exactly on what the problem is but things not right.
Just watched Lennys post match interview he said he wasn’t worried at half time :confused:

RIP
29-12-2018, 08:41 PM
Florian is a footballer who was asked to play right wing (which he can’t) and a target man for hoofball (which he isn’t).

Lennon is one of these managers who thinks that he can repeat the same tactics over and over and expect different results. Colin Nish was a fine footballer who was incorrectly expected to fulfil the hoofball target man role at Hibs.

It’s not the style of football we should be playing.

Not at Hibs!

BOB MARLEYS DUG
29-12-2018, 08:42 PM
Flo isn’t a targetman. He’s looking so bad because of the hoofball tactics and lack of creativity, hence why he was so good last season - as we had creativity in abundance and a proper midfield. People need to realise this.

Heckys Wheel
29-12-2018, 08:45 PM
Florian is a footballer who was asked to play right wing (which he can’t) and a target man for hoofball (which he isn’t).

Lennon is one of these managers who thinks that he can repeat the same tactics over and over and expect different results. Colin Nish was a fine footballer who was incorrectly expected to fulfil the hoofball target man role at Hibs.

It’s not the style of football we should be playing.

Not at Hibs!

Neil Lennon never gave any less than 100% in his playing career.

He’s not going to accept the sub 80% Kamberi is giving us right now and neither he should.

He didn’t accept it from a club legend like stokes and he won’t accept it from Kamberi either.

Buck up or buck out.

Baldy Foghorn
29-12-2018, 08:46 PM
Flo can go for me, attitude is awful

supermcginn
29-12-2018, 08:47 PM
Long balls fired at his neck all night and folk expect him to play amazing, give him decent service he will score plenty.