PDA

View Full Version : Greg Aitken - Today’s Ref

BlackSheep
22-12-2018, 05:52 PM
We last saw Greg Aitken referee (and I use the term lightly!) when Dundee visited Easter Road and left with a point. He killed that game with his ineptitude and today’s performance shows he is just as rubbish as the rest of them!!

When are we going to take a stand against the officials in our country??

I’m sick of leaving matches, win, lose or draw, with the ability to pass negative comment on the officials performances!

The Harp Awakes
22-12-2018, 05:55 PM
We last saw Greg Aitken referee (and I use the term lightly!) when Dundee visited Easter Riad and left with a point. He killed that game with his ineptitude and today’s performance shows he is just as rubbish as the rest of them!!

I’m sick of leaving matches, win, lose or draw, with the ablbility to pass negative comment on the officials performances!

Was he not the ref at a game at Easter Road a few weeks ago?

Hibeesmad
22-12-2018, 05:58 PM
The standard of refereeing in Scotland was summed up today when we had a man offside, but Livi were allowed to take the free kick in our half.

Abysmal officials

CropleyWasGod
22-12-2018, 06:02 PM
The standard of refereeing in Scotland was summed up today when we had a man offside, but Livi were allowed to take the free kick in our half.

Abysmal officialsIt's happened before.

He ran from an offside position, but only became active when he played the ball in his own half. Therefore the free kick is awarded where he became active. Correct decision IMO.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

BlackSheep
22-12-2018, 06:03 PM
Was he not the ref at a game at Easter Road a few weeks ago?

Yes... the Dundee game, 2-2... I did start my post with that fact?

Abysmal officials

Actually, the rules now state that the free kick is taken from where the offside player touches the ball, this has been discussed and debated to death in the past. Allan was coming from an offside position and. Touched the ball in our half... one they actually got right!!!

Hibeesmad
22-12-2018, 06:04 PM
Yes... the Dundee game, 2-2... I did start my post with that fact?

Actually, the rules now state that the free kick is taken from where the offside player touches the ball, this has been discussed and debated to death in the past. Allan was coming from an offside position and. Touched the ball in our half... one they actually got right!!!

Oh I wasn’t aware of that rule, my bad.

danhibees1875
22-12-2018, 06:06 PM

Abysmal officials

I really enjoyed how many in the stand thought the same. Happened against Motherwell last season too.

Thought the ref done fine.

Greenwich_Hibby
22-12-2018, 06:06 PM
By way of context, the performance of the referee was no worse than the performance of our players.

Onceinawhile
22-12-2018, 06:24 PM
It's happened before.

He ran from an offside position, but only became active when he played the ball in his own half. Therefore the free kick is awarded where he became active. Correct decision IMO.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

Folk were going mental about it too. As well as when Porteous injured their player and got booked and their player didn't go off despite not needing to.

Ridiculous how little some people know.

wookie70
22-12-2018, 06:26 PM

Abysmal officials

That is more about most football fans not knowing the riules. The referee could have got them to take it closer to the Hibs goal as that was where Lewis A became active. The referee wasn't a problem today. He missed a few fouls and let them fool him a few times with the odd dive but he performed so much better than most of our players and our manager in terms of decision making

WhileTheChief..
22-12-2018, 07:03 PM
We lost.

Of course there’s a thread on here blaming the ref.

SouthMoroccoStu
22-12-2018, 07:04 PM
We lost.

I think we actually drew pal

SouthMoroccoStu
22-12-2018, 07:05 PM
The ref was shocking today

Let livi away with murder

WhileTheChief..
22-12-2018, 07:06 PM
Felt like a defeat. Point still stands.

Cod Boy
22-12-2018, 07:27 PM
The referee was poor but so were Hibs.

BlackSheep
22-12-2018, 07:59 PM
We lost.

I don’t think the ref had anything to do with the result, but he was terrible either way!

hibIBZ
22-12-2018, 08:14 PM
I thought the ref was pretty good today. No big mistakes, a bit stuffy but then it was a bit of a scrappy midfield game so he was only calling what was in front of him

BILLYHIBS
22-12-2018, 08:19 PM
Thought he had a shocker but no sour grapes we did not do enough to break them down and you certainly cannot miss penalties against teams like Livvy

Eyrie
22-12-2018, 08:22 PM
The ref was shocking today

Let livi away with murder

He let both sides get away with some physical challenges.

I didn't think he was any good but he was at least consistent with his decisions.

HoboHarry
22-12-2018, 09:35 PM
We last saw Greg Aitken referee (and I use the term lightly!) when Dundee visited Easter Road and left with a point. He killed that game with his ineptitude and today’s performance shows he is just as rubbish as the rest of them!!

I’m sick of leaving matches, win, lose or draw, with the ablbility to pass negative comment on the officials performances!
Genuine question - how would that be accomplished?

The answer lies in the hands of all those who are young enough to have a refereeing career - go pass the exams and give us all something better than what we currently have....

delbert
22-12-2018, 10:09 PM
We lost.

Nail on head ! If anyone looks at that game and decides the reason we didn’t win was the officials, then they are barely in touch with reality. We haven’t been on it properly all season due to being decimated with injuries leading to some very ordinary and disjointed performances. Factor in some really poor individual games from players we hoped would have us challenging (see Lennon’s post match comments) and there are the two biggest problems, an unsettled side and underperforming players, so to somehow look to put this on Referees is ridiculous.

Wee Effen Bee
22-12-2018, 11:02 PM
Interesting. Please show me where the OP said it was the ref’s fault we didn’t win today.

BlackSheep
23-12-2018, 05:14 AM
Genuine question - how would that be accomplished?

The answer lies in the hands of all those who are young enough to have a refereeing career - go pass the exams and give us all something better than what we currently have....

I used to think the answer was full time professionals but, dare I say it, Levein was right in saying the only way to improve that side of our game in Scotland is VAR.

BlackSheep
23-12-2018, 05:21 AM
Nail on head ! If anyone looks at that game and decides the reason we didn’t win was the officials, then they are barely in touch with reality. We haven’t been on it properly all season due to being decimated with injuries leading to some very ordinary and disjointed performances. Factor in some really poor individual games from players we hoped would have us challenging (see Lennon’s post match comments) and there are the two biggest problems, an unsettled side and underperforming players, so to somehow look to put this on Referees is ridiculous.

Re-read OP and you will not find any comment that suggests we drew today due to the ref.

Despite the result, and I said this in opening, win, lose or draw this year the refs have been poor!

The refs assistants as they are called these days are nothing but sign posts operated by the man in the middle as well.... absolutely pointless!

Someone mentioned consistency even when poor... that’s just ridiculous to say at least he was consistent in his poor performance!!

Rangers have down the right thing in standing up against one particular referee, the rest of the club’s in the top flight should support them.

I think every manager has had cause to mention the performances of the officials this season, and some poor decisions have cost some their jobs.

Too many of our officials think the game up here is their opportunity for fame or infamy.

Needs. To. Stop.