PDA

View Full Version : Team Selection Today

The Harp Awakes
22-12-2018, 04:52 PM
WTF

We needed to win that game today with 2 tough games coming up. I don't like having a go at young players but Allan and Shaw starting up front was just complete nonsense.

And why Horgan on the bench?

:brickwall

Zazu62
22-12-2018, 05:06 PM
3 at the back doesn’t work Neil.

Centre Hawf
22-12-2018, 05:14 PM
I take it you have inside knowledge of the current injuries and fitness?
Are you allowed to share that information

How dare anyone question Lennons decisions?

Onceinawhile
22-12-2018, 05:18 PM
3 at the back doesn’t work Neil.

Was that three at the back? I thought it was a 4-4-2

bingo70
22-12-2018, 05:18 PM
I take it you have inside knowledge of the current injuries and fitness?
Are you allowed to share that information

Was Kamberi not fit enough for 90 but fit enough for 45?

Will Kamberi have benefitted from having the first half off today?

Lennon got it wrong today, I don’t think there’s any problem in admitting it, id actually hope he’d admit himself what he tried didn’t come off.

The fact it didn’t work doesn’t make him a bad manager and it doesn’t mean you want him sacked but to me it was clear he got it wrong today.

Sir David Gray
22-12-2018, 05:19 PM
Shaw and Allan should never start up front together in a Premiership match. Very strange decision.

HibeeDaz6270
22-12-2018, 05:21 PM
It seems lennon " rested " players with the game at Ibrox coming up which is completely wrong & a poor decision from Lennon.

3 points against Livingston at home is far more realistic and important than an away win at ibrox.

We need to get a settled side and a bit of consistency.

Poor from Lennon today, as that was a game we should be winning and given us confidence.

bingo70
22-12-2018, 05:24 PM
I don't know, that's why I'm asking.
People seem to know everything but don't really share how they get their info.
Unless, maybe they don't really know?

No matter let's all point fingers of blame anyway.

They don’t know, they’re giving an opinion.

Would you agree that Flo probably won’t have benefitted in the slightest from having the first half off today?

B.H.F.C
22-12-2018, 05:27 PM
Shaw and Allan should never start up front together in a Premiership match. Very strange decision.

Agree. Shaw has shown something now and again. Allan will never be a Hibs player though.

HappyAsHellas
22-12-2018, 05:30 PM
I assumed that both Kamberi and McClaren were fully fit as they were on the bench. Is Lennon stupid enough to put unfit players on the bench? I know as much as anyone else and therefore calculated the not unsurprising decision that our manager dropped a bollock today. Not difficult really........

erin go bragh
22-12-2018, 05:47 PM
442 = Three clean sheets . Total madness to change it back to a back three . Sir David deemed fit enough for the bench but not fit enough to play and keep the 442 . If it’s not broke ,,, 😡

007 Mickey Weir
22-12-2018, 06:02 PM
Rest 1 or 2 but so many changes is madness. I would have been shocked if we played that team against Elgin. Today was the chance to play Kamberi and McLaren. Give then a go.
Strongest team in all league games. Better to win the points ahead of you rather than thinking of future games and selections that might not happen.

andybev1
22-12-2018, 06:08 PM
WTF

We needed to win that game today with 2 tough games coming up. I don't like having a go at young players but Allan and Shaw starting up front was just complete nonsense.

And why Horgan on the bench?
:brickwall

I agree, it was like Lennon did not show Livingston enough respect by putting two very young inexpeienced players on and not starting with Kamberi. To add to that he has a go at Kamberi, I have until now thought he was doing a good job but I am fast losing faith.

we are hibs
22-12-2018, 06:15 PM

I hope for Boyle's sake it was 3 at the back with him at wing back because he only got in behind them once all game. He's standing on the touchline infront of the full back and making his job easy. Needs to start making more runs in behind as that's when he creates problems

wookie70
22-12-2018, 06:20 PM
Madness making so many changes today in my opinion and we got what we deserved. Similar to the Killi game in that the formation and personnel made no real sense and that translated onto the pitch. Rudderless is how I would describe Hibs at the moment.

Allant1981
22-12-2018, 06:21 PM
I hope for Boyle's sake it was 3 at the back with him at wing back because he only got in behind them once all game. He's standing on the touchline infront of the full back and making his job easy. Needs to start making more runs in behind as that's when he creates problems

I thought Boyle actually had a decent game today, much better than he has been of late

Weegreenman
22-12-2018, 06:31 PM
The front two selection today was a shocker in my opinion and an absolutes horrible over all team selection. No idea what Lennon was thinking today. Starting to think he doesn’t rate McLaren also. Another points we probably didn’t deserve tbf.

degenerated
22-12-2018, 07:01 PM
The front two selection today was a shocker in my opinion and an absolutes horrible over all team selection. No idea what Lennon was thinking today. Starting to think he doesn’t rate McLaren also. Another points we probably didn’t deserve tbf.We were rank the day but to suggest we didnt deserve a point is absolute nonsense. https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20181222/e9d3c9d1c6866321778bb61dcc8b0e36.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

hibIBZ
22-12-2018, 07:04 PM
I think it was necessary to rotate being our third game in a week with 2 big games coming up. I just think that certain players despite being good footballers are just not a fit for us. For me the team lacks a bit of chemistry. There is a lack of verve and spark out there for me.

Captain Trips
22-12-2018, 07:06 PM
I don't know, that's why I'm asking.
People seem to know everything but don't really share how they get their info.
Unless, maybe they don't really know?

No matter let's all point fingers of blame anyway.

Yes let's and I care not a jot about the fact I am not a football manager that was piss poor selection up front.

Winston Ingram
22-12-2018, 07:06 PM
One of the most baffling I’ve ever seen from a Hibs Manager and that is saying something considering the idiots we’ve employed

Winston Ingram
22-12-2018, 07:07 PM
We were rank the day but to suggest we didnt deserve a point is absolute nonsense. https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20181222/e9d3c9d1c6866321778bb61dcc8b0e36.jpg

We weren’t good that’s for sure

Winston Ingram

It was a 3

DavidDavidGray
We were rank the day but to suggest we didnt deserve a point is absolute nonsense. https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20181222/e9d3c9d1c6866321778bb61dcc8b0e36.jpg

Not a chance we had 16 shots today.

Winston Ingram
22-12-2018, 07:08 PM
442 = Three clean sheets . Total madness to change it back to a back three . Sir David deemed fit enough for the bench but not fit enough to play and keep the 442 . If it’s not broke ,,, 😡

This

Weegreenman
22-12-2018, 07:44 PM

I said the the exact same thing. No way did we have that many shots.

JohnM1875
22-12-2018, 07:49 PM
I thought Boyle actually had a decent game today, much better than he has been of late

Boyle took about an hour to get into the game which isn't good enough, but, I totally agree, when he did he played pretty well and was unlucky not to score a few times. That solo run from his own half was outstanding.

Mikey_1875
22-12-2018, 07:57 PM
Quite concerning, the resting excuse doesn't really wash as there is a winter break coming up and most of the players have not played every game this season.

Felt we were gathering some momentum and feel good factor going into some important games. Feel a bit deflated now

spudhib
22-12-2018, 08:08 PM
Says it all we are changing formation and personnel to combat Livi.

Winston Ingram
22-12-2018, 08:45 PM
Boyle took about an hour to get into the game which isn't good enough, but, I totally agree, when he did he played pretty well and was unlucky not to score a few times. That solo run from his own half was outstanding.

Boyle has been pissed about all season. Right wing, centre forward, right wing back, left wing, centre midfield and a number 10. No bloody wonder he’s struggling

Winston Ingram
22-12-2018, 08:47 PM
The front two selection today was a shocker in my opinion and an absolutes horrible over all team selection. No idea what Lennon was thinking today. Starting to think he doesn’t rate McLaren also. Another points we probably didn’t deserve tbf.

I’m more worried by the fact it’s taken him so long to find him out.

JohnM1875
22-12-2018, 08:53 PM
Boyle has been pissed about all season. Right wing, centre forward, right wing back, left wing, centre midfield and a number 10. No bloody wonder he’s struggling

Don't get that at all if I'm honest. Why does Boyle having been played in various positions means it takes him an hour to come into the game?

He was played in (what most consider) his best position today. He showed how dangerous and effective he is when he came into the game, Just whish he'd done so a bit earlier on!

BILLYHIBS
22-12-2018, 08:53 PM
Today’s game tells me Olly Shaw and Lewis Allan not the answer :aok:

hibsitis
22-12-2018, 09:01 PM
Lennon knows that if we get decent results from the next two games, today will be forgotten. Hence today's team selection. Cynical but true.

truehibernian
22-12-2018, 09:05 PM
I’m more worried by the fact it’s taken him so long to find him out.

Were you worried when he was knocking them in against The Rangers, Hearts, Celtic , Aberdeen and Killie ?

How many has Lewis Allan scored against these stellar sides ?

Winston Ingram
23-12-2018, 07:14 AM
Don't get that at all if I'm honest. Why does Boyle having been played in various positions means it takes him an hour to come into the game?

He was played in (what most consider) his best position today. He showed how dangerous and effective he is when he came into the game, Just whish he'd done so a bit earlier on!

I think it’s affected his confidence.

Winston Ingram
23-12-2018, 07:15 AM
Were you worried when he was knocking them in against The Rangers, Hearts, Celtic , Aberdeen and Killie ?

How many has Lewis Allan scored against these stellar sides ?

Yep. Very. The rest of his game was embarrassing.

What’s Lewis Allan got to with anything?

SideBurns
23-12-2018, 07:36 AM

We did. Most of them were off target or easy saves (remember we had a few headers too), but 16 sounds about right to me.

Hibs were the better team and deserved a draw, which isn't the same as saying it was a good overall performance.

calumhibee1
23-12-2018, 08:43 AM
Lennon knows that if we get decent results from the next two games, today will be forgotten. Hence today's team selection. Cynical but true.

That’s true. But the chances of us getting a result at Ibrox are slim, they’re very very good at home.

allmodcons
23-12-2018, 08:45 AM
Did I think Hibs were great today, no. Did I think Hibs deserved to win today absolutely yes.

I agree team selection was strange but can understand why Lennon would want to rest 1 or 2 players with the tough games we've had recently and the 2 big matches coming up before the New Year.

There is no doubting we should be beating Livingston at ER but some on these boards think we just need to turn up to win these games. Livingston are a decent side, well organised and determined. They are a good 'team'.

I can also understand why we lined up 3-5-2. Lennon was obviously looking for Boyle and Mackie to provide the width to get in behind Livingston. My only complaint was the front 2. I hate to criticise young players but Lewis Allan was way out of his depth and Ollie Shaw very poor. For me, I don't think I would have done anything that different from Lennon apart, that is, for taking both Flo and McLaren on at half time for Shaw and Allan.

Anybody who thinks Boyle was poor yesterday is just not understanding the game. He got in behind Livi a number of times in the first half but, for me, the movement of our young strikers did him a disservice. He also had the best effort of the 1st half pulling out a cracking save from their keeper. Second half he was excellent (well supported by Efe, who was excellent throughout) winning a penalty and almost scoring after a sensational run.

I thought Hyndman struggled a little taking the ball in and getting caught turning, particularly first half, but in fairness to him he improved as the game went on before being subbed. Mackie has a sweet left peg, but he's young and our fans need to be patient with him. Slivka and were Milligan were OK against a very hard working Livi middle three.

We lost an unbelievably soft goal which was obviously very disappointing but, in general terms had Livi on the back foot for most of the match.

People need to understand that it's not as simple as just turning up to win matches but I think the expectancy at ER is, at times, unrealistic. That's reflected in the very critical, sometimes hostile, home support who look for negatives rather than positives during matches.

We are unbeaten in 5 after a very poor run of form so IMO the team has responded to that dip in form. We have 2 massive games on the horizon. If we can take a draw from Ibrox and beat 'them' at ER, allowing for the injury problems we've had, I think our report card will read as done OK but could do better.

BILLYHIBS
23-12-2018, 08:47 AM
That’s true. But the chances of us getting a result at Ibrox are slim, they’re very very good at home.

Time for Plan B

Get Morelos sent off and we are half way there :greengrin

Should not be that difficult the man is a basket case

BILLYHIBS
23-12-2018, 08:50 AM
Did I think Hibs were great today, no. Did I think Hibs deserved to win today absolutely yes.

I agree team selection was strange but can understand why Lennon would want to rest 1 or 2 players with the tough games we've had recently and the 2 big matches coming up before the New Year.

There is no doubting we should be beating Livingston at ER but some on these boards think we just need to turn up to win these games. Livingston are a decent side, well organised and determined. They are a good 'team'.

I can also understand why we lined up 3-5-2. Lennon was obviously looking for Boyle and Mackie to provide the width to get in behind Livingston. My only complaint was the front 2. I hate to criticise young players but Lewis Allan was way out of his depth and Ollie Shaw very poor. For me, I don't think I would have done anything that different from Lennon apart, that is, for taking both Flo and McLaren on at half time for Shaw and Allan.

Anybody who thinks Boyle was poor yesterday is just not understanding the game. He got in behind Livi a number of times in the first half but, for me, the movement of our young strikers did him a disservice. He also had the best effort of the 1st half pulling out a cracking save from their keeper. Second half he was excellent (well supported by Efe, who was excellent throughout) winning a penalty and almost scoring after a sensational run.

I thought Hyndman struggled a little taking the ball in and getting caught turning, particularly first half, but in fairness to him he improved as the game went on before being subbed. Mackie has a sweet left peg, but he's young and our fans need to to be patient with him. Slivka and were Milligan were OK against a very hard working Livi middle three.

We lost an unbelievably soft goal which was obviously very disappointing but, in general terms had Livi on the back foot for most of the match.

People need to understand that it's not as simple as just turning up to win matches but I think the expectancy at ER is, at times, unrealistic. That's reflected in the very critical, sometimes hostile, home support who look for negatives rather than positives during matches.

We are unbeaten in 5 after a very poor run of form so IMO the team has responded to that dip in form. We have 2 massive games on the horizon. If we can take a draw from Ibrox and beat 'them' at ER, allowing for the injury problems we've had, I think our report card will read as done OK but could do better.

:top marks

Eyrie
23-12-2018, 09:47 AM
Rotating the players made sense.

We have five games in fourteen days starting with Celtc, Sevco and Livingston at home, then a trip to Ibrox and finally the derby. Yesterday was the least difficult of the five, so it made sense to rest some of the key players and give others a chance to show what they can do.

A combination of tactics and poor individual performances undermined that.