PDA

View Full Version : Unbeaten run continues....

superfurryhibby
22-12-2018, 05:51 PM
It may not have always been pretty but at least we are showing battling spirit and not conceding many goals. With so many key players out injured or playing with knocks I ‘m satisfied at the response from the players in recent weeks.

If we can keep up the momentum and go into the break on a high note I think we will have done well. I hope we do and feel we can have a positive transfer window which will see us push on in the new year.

Lennon’s shown good boldness and the ability to make changes, I feel we will have few surprises in store.

makaveli1875
22-12-2018, 05:53 PM
Boo , away with your positivity . Its all doom and gloom i tell ye

Diclonius
22-12-2018, 05:55 PM
https://u3.photofunia.com/1/results/X/G/XGiVT3EXt07HES8SLxgn3Q_r.jpg

Inconsequential
22-12-2018, 06:05 PM
Unbeaten run continues.... yip four game unbeaten, 4 points against Celtic and Sevco and ONE goal conceded. Bit disappointing today but if we're still unbeaten going into the derby that will do for me.

Bangkok Hibby
22-12-2018, 06:18 PM
Just wish I could pick the right games to lump the money on 😒

MSK
22-12-2018, 06:23 PM
https://u3.photofunia.com/1/results/X/G/XGiVT3EXt07HES8SLxgn3Q_r.jpg1 defeat in 7, shocking form, Lenny must go !!

Nitten Hibee
22-12-2018, 07:33 PM
Its drawing games that is killing us we have drew the most games in the league and have only lost 5, 2 more than Celtic same as Aberdeen, we have to turn these draws into wins

Hibeesmad
22-12-2018, 07:36 PM
When we played Aberdeen away I’m sure we were above them before that match. We are still in the bottom 6, whilst they are 2nd in the league only 3 points off top.

If we can get through the remainder of this calendar year unbeaten it would be great form going into the winter break

WhileTheChief..
22-12-2018, 07:37 PM
A much better way to look at things. Well done to the OP. Refreshing.

SquashedFrogg
22-12-2018, 07:49 PM
A much better way to look at things. Well done to the OP. Refreshing.

Agree. Watched us long enough, and endured so much crap over the years, to take this disappointing spell in my stride.

Seems our increased attendances come at a price. Impatient glory hunters.

Mango Man
22-12-2018, 07:53 PM
Its drawing games that is killing us we have drew the most games in the league and have only lost 5, 2 more than Celtic same as Aberdeen, we have to turn these draws into wins

Spot on, was even like that last season too, particularly the first half of the season.

we are hibs
22-12-2018, 08:12 PM
Agree. Watched us long enough, and endured so much crap over the years, to take this disappointing spell in my stride.

Just because you like taking "disappointing spells" in your stride and like to adopt a losers attitude doesn't mean the rest of us do. Some of us expect better than 2 wins in 11 and sitting 7th in the league.

Glory Lurker
22-12-2018, 08:17 PM
I do agree, but frustrated that we didn’t win. Livi were a good team though, so a draw against them isn’t the end of the world, but I think we could have been better and got three points.

SirDavidsNapper
22-12-2018, 08:25 PM
Just because you like taking "disappointing spells" in your stride and like to adopt a losers attitude doesn't mean the rest of us do. Some of us expect better than 2 wins in 11 and sitting 7th in the league.

I agree. Because we've been pish in the past doesn't mean we should accept it now. The club is in a different place now. Unprecedented crowds and in great shape off the park. We should be pushing on and demanding wins. We should not be accepting 2 wins in 11. Hamilton fans shouldn't be accepting it never mind us. Lots of losers attitudes emerging. Noticed it with people wanting the Old Firm to get the whole stand for a few extra quid and the continued support of Lennon despite pathetic results and performances. If we want to progess as a club we shouldn't accept mediocrity. The derby is now huge. If we lose to a very poor Hearts side at home then it's curtains for Lennon for me. It isn't good enough and the Celtic win has only papered over the cracks.

cleanyman
22-12-2018, 08:35 PM
The performances are the issue

We are trash to watch this season

I expect a 4-0 cuffin' on Wednesday

FilipinoHibs
23-12-2018, 11:56 AM

Why the crowds when things are not perfect. The same spoilt brats that turn on the team during semis and finals when things go wrong.

we are hibs
23-12-2018, 12:01 PM
Why the crowds when things are not perfect. The same spoilt brats that turn on the team during semis and finals when things go wrong.

There's many things you can describe hibs fans as but glory hunters and spoilt isn't that. We have been pish for most of my lifetime. But just because we have been pish in the past doesn't mean history needs to repeat itself. We have a chance with record crowds to grow the club to great levels but we are stalling and going backwards. That's why people are unhappy. Not because they're glory hunters.

One Day Soon
24-12-2018, 11:32 AM

In the last 4 its been a completely different story. 8 points from 12 with two of those games against the Ugly Sisters and unbeaten at home. Not bad considering the injury list, the previous loss of confidence and the need for two or three signings in January.

In fact the form guide has us in 4th over the last five games. Plenty to be positive about really, for those who want to be.

At what point do you take the view that we're improving? When we're back in the top 6, top 4, after a number of games unbeaten, 3 wins in 6, 4 wins in 7......? What exactly would good enough look like for you right now?

mim
24-12-2018, 11:50 AM
Unbeaten run continues.... yip four game unbeaten, 4 points against Celtic and Sevco and ONE goal conceded. Bit disappointing today but if we're still unbeaten going into the derby that will do for me.

It's actually 5 games unbeaten, not 4.
In fact Hibs are the only premiership team to remain unbeaten in their last 5 games. :flag:

Hibernian Verse
24-12-2018, 11:51 AM
The performances are the issue

We are trash to watch this season

I expect a 4-0 cuffin' on Wednesday

I hope you're not going. And I hope we win. And I hope you just stop posting actually.

Inconsequential
24-12-2018, 12:10 PM
It's actually 5 games unbeaten, not 4.
In fact Hibs are the only premiership team to remain unbeaten in their last 5 games. :flag: Oops so it is... The Famous Five. :thumbsup:

Pretty Boy
24-12-2018, 12:12 PM
I thought we were garbage on Saturday for 70+ minutes. With a bit reflection though I said not long after the game it was a good point all things considered and you can't really argue with the points we have gained in the last 4 games.

Equally though I think you have to consider the manager chose to say he was disappointed after the game on Saturday and chose that moment to, once again, go after one our players publicly. With that in mind you can't really criticise some fans for being negative when the manger also appears to be somewhat dissatisfied. It's a bit unfair to say 'don't be negative' in one instance but the say 'well said Lenny' in another.

The last 4 games are something to build on and we now have a couple of games to get through before we can hopefully freshen the squad up and try and put a run together until the end of the season.