PDA

View Full Version : Throw-ins

SouthMoroccoStu
22-12-2018, 04:13 PM
Has to be the most frustrating part of hibs play

No player looks like they know what the heck they’re doing when we get a throw in

No movement and no advantage to be gained from one

Has to be sorted

hhibs
22-12-2018, 04:15 PM

No player looks like they know what the heck they’re doing when we get a throw in

Has to be sorted

JUst shocking the coaching staff are clearly not doing the basic job !

SChibs
22-12-2018, 04:17 PM
Today nobody apart from Hyndman actually wanted the ball from a throw in. Everyone just stands about and watches.

Bob Box Fish
22-12-2018, 04:23 PM
Said this for weeks it drives me mad.

kaimendhibs
22-12-2018, 04:29 PM
Said this for weeks it drives me mad.Only weeks? Been the same for years

Sent from my VTR-L09 using Tapatalk

hhibs
22-12-2018, 04:34 PM
Only weeks? Been the same for years

:top marks

SouthMoroccoStu
22-12-2018, 04:48 PM

Absolutely right pal

No hibs management team has ever sorted this problem

CLASS OF 72 -73
22-12-2018, 04:55 PM

Completely agree been saying it for years we really don't have a clue (exception Grays throw to Fyvie 2016 SCF)

Jim44
22-12-2018, 05:15 PM
Our throw-in play has been diabolically dreadful for many years now. Nine times out of ten, it’s as if our players don’t consider a throw in an advantage, but rather a speculative fifty-fifty heave up the line. I partly blame the players but our coaches have to shoulder most of the blame.

MWHIBBIES
22-12-2018, 05:18 PM
Completely agree been saying it for years we really don't have a clue (exception Grays throw to Fyvie 2016 SCF)

Or Slivka goal at Ibrox? Or Cummings goal in a 2-1 win Vs Rangers at home?

Bit of a myth that we're bad from throws. No team does any different that us.

kaimendhibs
22-12-2018, 05:19 PM

Bit of a myth that we're bad from throws. No team does any different that us.That's two out of hundreds.

wookie70
22-12-2018, 05:19 PM
I reckon about £40 quid of my season ticket is watching Lewis Stevenson or another wide player take throw ins. It is something that should have been coached into the players but for me it is a signed that teams have no urgency. The longer it takes to get the ball and then wait for a run the more difficult to find space. We have next to no urgency.

thebakerboy
22-12-2018, 05:23 PM
I have been watching Hibs since the early 1950s and I dont think we have ever been good at throw ins .

kaimendhibs
22-12-2018, 05:25 PM
I have been watching Hibs since the early 1950s and I dont think we have ever been good at throw ins .Shades wasn't bad at them to be fair.

hhibs
22-12-2018, 05:25 PM
I have been watching Hibs since the early 1950s and I dont think we have ever been good at throw ins .

Late 50's for me,and yes we are murder,Erich being the great exception.

07BigD
22-12-2018, 05:33 PM

Has to be sortedHonestly my blood boils at the thought of a Hibs throw in

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

HappyAsHellas
22-12-2018, 05:36 PM
When Lennon was questioned about it he said he didn't think there was any problem there - wonder what he sees as I think we're hopeless at them.

hhibs
22-12-2018, 05:38 PM
When Lennon was questioned about it he said he didn't think there was any problem there - wonder what he sees as I think we're hopeless at them.

On this ,he is completely and utterly wrong.

07BigD
22-12-2018, 05:38 PM
When Lennon was questioned about it he said he didn't think there was any problem there - wonder what he sees as I think we're hopeless at them.Since as long as I can remember we've been shank at throw ins

Lang Toun hibby
22-12-2018, 06:37 PM
Since as long as I can remember we've been shank at throw ins

I too am annoyed week in week out wit the inability to take a throw in. Watch the top English teams, players come towards the thrower, takes the all and usually puts it back to the thrower thus retaining the ball. Sorry Stevenson lovers but he is the worst (Efe is also at it) and he always throw the ball up the line and we invariably lose the ball. No movement worries me as that should have been picked up by coaches.

Halmyre Hibee
22-12-2018, 08:25 PM
I was saying the same to all the guys around me today (again). We are the worst team for throw ins and have been for years. We give possession away cheaply and with all the player stats etc in modern football the Hibs coaches must surely be aware. It does my nut in and it has contributed to my high blood pressure.

Renfrew_Hibby
22-12-2018, 08:35 PM
This is my 25th season of going to easter road, I can remember one of the first bug bears of mine back then was just why we couldn't take a throw in and how slow and ponderous it was and how nobody seemed to want the ball.
I find it incredible that it has always been this way and how under numerous managers it has never changed.

greenpaper55
23-12-2018, 07:19 AM
I'm sure i read that the new Chelsea coach had about thirty variations of throw ins that his team in Italy had to practice ! our speciality is either down the line which is utter dross or at our own player throat high ! Just lazy by all the staff not to have some set moves for this.

Bostonhibby
23-12-2018, 08:31 AM
We're rubbish at them, have been for decades. Whilst ranting at the telly about this yesterday my daughter said why don't they just do an under arm throw along the ground if they're so bad.

Over to you Neil.

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

calumhibee1
23-12-2018, 08:41 AM

I wasn’t going to say the same. I bet other teams fans think they’re equally as bad.

Eyrie
23-12-2018, 09:42 AM
I wasn’t going to say the same. I bet other teams fans think they’re equally as bad.
My general impression is that visiting teams are better than us at taking a throw in quickly, having players available and retaining possession than we are.

thebakerboy
23-12-2018, 07:13 PM
I read recently that (I think) that Liverpool have employed a coach just for throw in routines. Maybe we should look at doing something even just spending some time on it.

danhibees1875
23-12-2018, 07:18 PM

Equaliser against st mirren recently came from a throw in I think. It's possibly just confirmation bias, but I'd tend to agree that we show a lack of urgency from them and don't have enough runners into space..but I don't pay enough attention to other teams throws to note if it's the same for other teams.

Hibs4185
23-12-2018, 07:24 PM
It annoys me that when we are at home and pressing teams and trying to keep a high tempo that the ball boys don’t have spare balls to give the players, and instead have to go in search of the old ball.

Can’t be that hard to give all the ball boys a spare ball and help keep the tempo up, instead it allows teams to get set up defensively.

Iggy Pope
23-12-2018, 08:49 PM
That's two out of hundreds.

Slivka quick and intelligent throw to Boyle to square to Oli for equaliser v St Mirren.
I realise it won’t be popular on many counts this tiresome weekend but that’s now three out of hundreds.

Hibeesmad
23-12-2018, 08:55 PM
Our main problem is that players just stand still. Usually easiest route is throwing back towards goal