PDA

View Full Version : Milligan, Slivka and Hyndman.

Ozyhibby
22-12-2018, 05:08 PM
Most ineffective midfield trio since Butcher/Fenlon days. Absolutely dreadful. We need quality in January.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SChibs
22-12-2018, 05:09 PM
Hyndman doesn't get any support at all. He's trying to do it all on his own most of the time.

Ozyhibby
22-12-2018, 05:12 PM
Hyndman doesn't get any support at all. He's trying to do it all on his own most of the time.

His first touch is dreadful though.

SChibs
22-12-2018, 05:18 PM
His first touch is dreadful though.

I disagree, today it was a bit off but generally it is good. He didn't have the best of games today but he was very good in the last 2 games.

Springbank
22-12-2018, 05:23 PM
I disagree, today it was a bit off but generally it is good. He didn't have the best of games today but he was very good in the last w games.

rubbish.

he was honking and his first touch an embarrassment today.

him and shaw have played themselves out of contention

SChibs
22-12-2018, 05:24 PM
rubbish.

he was honking and his first touch an embarrassment today.

him and shaw have played themselves out of contention

In the post you quoted I said his first touch was off today...

Brightside
22-12-2018, 05:30 PM
Most ineffective midfield trio since Butcher/Fenlon days. Absolutely dreadful. We need quality in January.

Hyndman and Slivka were fine today. Slivka in particular was the only bit of energy we had in midfield. Milligan should be improved upon.

SChibs
22-12-2018, 05:32 PM
Hyndman and Slivka were fine today. Slivka in particular was the only bit of energy we had in midfield. Milligan should be improved upon.

I agree, I'm not sure if Milligan is being asked to do too much. He looked great to start with when all his job seemed to be was to break up play and move the ball on. He looks like he's being told to play more of a Mcgeouch role recently.

Weegreenman
22-12-2018, 05:39 PM
Agree with the OP, all three aren’t good enough for me. If you like your Hibs team to be totally average then you’ll probably disagree.

MWHIBBIES
22-12-2018, 05:43 PM
Slivka was solid. Other 2 awful today.

Hiber-nation
22-12-2018, 05:46 PM
Slivka was solid. Other 2 awful today.

Agree, I think it's a fitness issue with Hyndman as he put in so much work in the last 2 games after being out for a while.

I think thats Milligan's twin brother they sent back from the last Australia game.

makaveli1875
22-12-2018, 05:48 PM
Thought Slivka had a decent game , Milligan wasnt great but wasnt exactly that bad either . Hyndman .. just wasnt happening for him . Boyle only came to life in the last 20 minutes and Horgan was lively when he came on , good assist too .

we are hibs
22-12-2018, 05:49 PM
Slivka looked the only footballer in the midfield today. **** knows what Milligan is meant to be. Floats about doing nothing

B.H.F.C
22-12-2018, 05:52 PM
Slivka at least tried to do something. He was poor, but he was the only one that tried to play with a bit tempo.

Hyndman just had a really bad game. Milligan now just looks bad, full stop. All he did was pass the ball to a centre half.

SirDavidsNapper
22-12-2018, 05:56 PM
Missed Mallan today. Sometimes you don't appreciate what you have until it's gone.

Jim44
22-12-2018, 05:57 PM
On ‘Open all mikes’, Michael Stewart described Hyndman today as ‘rank rotten’. A bit severe when some on here said he was not too bad.

Ozyhibby
22-12-2018, 05:57 PM
I agree Hyndman looks the best out the three but it’s likely him that will have to move on if we are to get quality in as the other two are under contract.

Ozyhibby
22-12-2018, 05:58 PM
On ‘Open all mikes’, Michael Stewart described Hyndman today as ‘rank rotten’. A bit severe when some on here said he was not too bad.

I think it’s a fair description. None of the three were capable of holding on to the ball.

MWHIBBIES
22-12-2018, 06:07 PM
I agree Hyndman looks the best out the three but it’s likely him that will have to move on if we are to get quality in as the other two are under contract.

Slivka is much the best of the 3. Mental to think otherwise.

Tyler Durden
22-12-2018, 06:10 PM

Not harsh in the slightest. He lost the ball virtually every time he had it. We know he can do better but does he care enough?

Milligan is just a poor player. Would be a fine reserve CB but he shouldn’t get near a midfield role again. Influences nothing going either way.

Slivka was average today. We need to persist with him and he has the ability but he needs to be dominating these games.

wookie70
22-12-2018, 06:13 PM
I like Hyndman but rank rotten was a fair description of him today. Milligan was pretty anonymous and Slivka did OK but nothing special. We are just fairly average and not particularly motivated or organised. Hyndman made a nice wee run early in the game took a nice touch looked one way, looked another, twisted, turned and every other player watched as he ran out of ideas and lost possession. Anyone who has played football at any level knows being in possession is so much easier if you mates help you out by dragging defenders away to create lanes for passing. We are like statues and the only time that changed was when MacLaren came on, why so late, and he started moving defenders about.

07BigD
22-12-2018, 06:35 PM
Slivka played ok, Hyndman was awful and Milligan did nothing wrong but what does he contribute, I'd rather have Bartley

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

The_Horde
22-12-2018, 06:41 PM
So depressing thinking of our midfield now when you remember what we had just last season.

Real Emerald
22-12-2018, 06:50 PM

I think his description is spot on. Hyndman was powder puff, knocked off the ball numerous times, didn't have any influence or presence where we needed it. Yes, at times he looks tidy on the ball but his performance today along with a few others was 'rank rotten'.

He may have looked a better player playing along side McGinn an McGeouch in a midfield from last season which slightly worries me that maybe SA if secured in January will also fall a bit short due to the same reason!!

Ozyhibby
22-12-2018, 07:01 PM
I think his description is spot on. Hyndman was powder puff, knocked off the ball numerous times, didn't have any influence or presence where we needed it. Yes, at times he looks tidy on the ball but his performance today along with a few others was 'rank rotten'.

He may have looked a better player playing along side McGinn an McGeouch in a midfield from last season which slightly worries me that maybe SA if secured in January will also fall a bit short due to the same reason!!

Scott Allan managed fine his first time here.

SlickShoes
22-12-2018, 07:03 PM
Slivka played ok, Hyndman was awful and Milligan did nothing wrong but what does he contribute, I'd rather have Bartley

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Bartley is injured and won’t be back any time soon

Unseen work
22-12-2018, 07:05 PM
Personally I’m just not convinced at all by Hyndman or Milligan.

If they were playing against us would you be bothered by them in the slightest? I would doubt it

Onion
22-12-2018, 07:19 PM
Missed Mallan today. Sometimes you don't appreciate what you have until it's gone.

Says it all. They were THAT bad :greengrin

SideBurns
22-12-2018, 07:37 PM
Slivka had another very good game, I thought. Hyndman didn't, and for an obviously talented footballer just doesn't create enough. He doesn't seem to have the strength or pace to get away from a man, and when he loses the ball he fouls his opponent rather than winning it back.

Golden Bear
22-12-2018, 07:40 PM
Both Slivka and Hyndman are good players with soft centres and neither of them are blessed with any pace.

I'll not be bothered in the slightest if they're replaced in the January window.

Unseen work
22-12-2018, 07:44 PM
If Milligan came from someone like Raith Rovers and no caps, would he be getting off with such little criticism?

Personally think he is getting an easy ride because his cv looks impressive.

Was expecting a lot better

Real Emerald
22-12-2018, 07:44 PM
Scott Allan managed fine his first time here.

I'm not saying he won't manage but it's a lot easier being part of a strong midfield and team, he was pretty anonymous when when he was with Dundee for example. Anyway, I'm desperate for him to sign so totally on side and a fan of his, just concerned we may not see the same player we had previously when deployed in 'that' midfield we have at the moment. We definitely need something though, that's for sure.

MWHIBBIES
22-12-2018, 07:47 PM
Both Slivka and Hyndman are good players with soft centres and neither of them are blessed with any pace.

I'll not be bothered in the slightest if they're replaced in the January window.Pace isn't a vital thing for a central midfielder like Slivka. He's quick enough. Quicker than Mcgeouch.

BoomtownHibees
22-12-2018, 08:00 PM
Slivka had another very good game, I thought. Hyndman didn't, and for an obviously talented footballer just doesn't create enough. He doesn't seem to have the strength or pace to get away from a man, and when he loses the ball he fouls his opponent rather than winning it back.

“Very good” is pushing it a bit for any of our midfield today

ShadesLongThrow
22-12-2018, 08:06 PM
I lost count the number of times the ball was passed to Milligan and instead of trapping it, it hits off his foot and goes four feet in the air. He still controls it but it takes him longer and during that extra second, the opposition are able to close him down and limit his choice of next pass. Pretty disappointing particularly after his excellent start to the season.

hibIBZ
22-12-2018, 08:08 PM
I'm just not sure Milligan is the right fit for us. There is no doubt he is a neat and tidy footballer with plenty of ability, but at his age and with the way his career has gone I just don't think he fits in our team.has no real ability to move the ball forward with most passes sideways or short passes that lead us nowhere. In terms of breaking up opposition play, Bartley is far superior imo if he could stay fit

LaMotta
22-12-2018, 08:33 PM
If Milligan came from someone like Raith Rovers and no caps, would he be getting off with such little criticism?

Personally think he is getting an easy ride because his cv looks impressive.

Was expecting a lot better

Whilst being the captain of Australia is pretty impressive, other than that im not sure his CV is actually that impressive. He's spent most of his career playing in the A League!

JohnM1875
22-12-2018, 08:37 PM
Can't believe Slivka has been added into this.

Thought he was different class against Celtic and easily the best in midfield today. He's strong, athletic, great with two feet and always looks to get forward. A poor return ball towards the end which could have seen Boyle through is the only thing I thought he did wrong today. He's the least of our worries.

GreenCastle
22-12-2018, 08:39 PM
Our midfield is a concern and I feel we are missing some real energy in there - they are all one paced and it’s all too easy to play against.

The 90+2
22-12-2018, 08:41 PM
Hyndman was rotten as was MM why do they escape being publicly slated.

The Green Goblin
22-12-2018, 09:23 PM

I have to say I agree with Stewart 100% on that one. I thought his head wasn’t in the game at all and it was like playing with ten men.

MWHIBBIES
22-12-2018, 09:39 PM

Thought he was different class against Celtic and easily the best in midfield today. He's strong, athletic, great with two feet and always looks to get forward. A poor return ball towards the end which could have seen Boyle through is the only thing I thought he did wrong today. He's the least of our worries.
Yep. I honestly think he's a really clever, talented player who could be a real star for us in time. Playing in midfield on his own today.

truehibernian
22-12-2018, 09:43 PM
I’d ditch Milligan and Hyndman - don’t think either give us anything and Milligan in particular is a liability (for me) when he plays. Don’t see this ‘mans man’ thing that NL goes on about - he’s not even physical.

Very poor addition.

SRHibs
22-12-2018, 10:08 PM

Yeah, Slivka has been, at the very least, solid over the last 4-5 games, while being superb at times.

J-C
22-12-2018, 10:38 PM
I watched Milligan closely today, everytime he got the ball his first thought was looking forward, infront of him were 4 statues rather than players making runs or creating space, realising there was no one to pass to he went either sideways or backwards. Our movement at times is shocking, that also applies when we're talking throw ins, brutal movement.

Tyler Durden
22-12-2018, 10:47 PM
I watched Milligan closely today, everytime he got the ball his first thought was looking forward, infront of him were 4 statues rather than players making runs or creating space, realising there was no one to pass to he went either sideways or backwards. Our movement at times is shocking, that also applies when we're talking throw ins, brutal movement.

Half the time he invited pressure due to a horrific first touch. He's simply too slow.

He brought nothing in attack or defence, other than giving away free kicks that is.

truehibernian
22-12-2018, 10:48 PM

If his first thought was that, how many times did he take the game by the scruff of the neck and drive forward himself ? Good players, defensive midfielders included, can do that JC.

Hi Heid Yin
22-12-2018, 10:51 PM
Without question our achilles heel this season has been our "lack of creativity and drive" from midfield.

No matter which combination of players we use from the present 3 or 4, we are limp and at best, average(compared to last season) in the middle of the park

I've not looked forward to a January window as much as this one.

We simply have to secure at least 2 creative and energetic midfielders and a striker.

J-C
22-12-2018, 10:51 PM
Half the time he invited pressure due to a horrific first touch. He's simply too slow.

He brought nothing in attack or defence, other than giving away free kicks that is.

Not saying he was great but there are circumstances at times for players not playing great, Livi pressed well and in our faces, players higher up the pitch making no movement to receive a pass, it all adds up to rushed touches and passes, the exact same thing happened on wednesday as Rangers did the same and our midfield were poor with their distribution.

Unseen work
22-12-2018, 10:53 PM
Slivka seems like he is taking a bit more responsibility which is good to see.

J-C
22-12-2018, 10:59 PM
If his first thought was that, how many times did he take the game by the scruff of the neck and drive forward himself ? Good players, defensive midfielders included, can do that JC.

I don't think he's that type of midfielder, when he 1st came in he was a good looking DM, breaking up play and picking up the ball and giving it to the more creative players, I noticed today when he had the ball he had no one to pass to going forward as they were standing still with men around them, he had no choice but to go backwards. Hyndman did nowt and Boyle stood on the touchline waiting for the ball to come to him, he only came to life with 20 mins left.

Tyler Durden
22-12-2018, 11:00 PM
Not saying he was great but there are circumstances at times for players not playing great, Livi pressed well and in our faces, players higher up the pitch making no movement to receive a pass, it all adds up to rushed touches and passes, the exact same thing happened on wednesday as Rangers did the same and our midfield were poor with their distribution.

Absolutely but these are tactics we will face in most games. Hyndman can do much better - it's not his ability or atheliticism I'd question.

Different story for Milligan though, I just dont think he'll ever cut it as a midfielder for us. Poor signing.

500miles
22-12-2018, 11:02 PM
I thought Milligan was like a man down today. Slivka was neat, and I always feel confident that his passing will meet a hibs player, carrying the ball forward, everything the experienced Oz International should have been doing.

Hyndman had a tough game, bullied out, but he actually has something to offer.

Tyler Durden
22-12-2018, 11:04 PM
I don't think he's that type of midfielder, when he 1st came in he was a good looking DM, breaking up play and picking up the ball and giving it to the more creative players, I noticed today when he had the ball he had no one to pass to going forward as they were standing still with men around them, he had no choice but to go backwards. Hyndman did nowt and Boyle stood on the touchline waiting for the ball to come to him, he only came to life with 20 mins left.

Agree 100% on Boyle, he seemed to be hiding which is not something I'd ever have expected to accuse him of. A huge threat when he's on his game and playing wide with Efe behind him

eastterrace
22-12-2018, 11:10 PM

Spot n mate all these fans saying get him out the team , are well don’t want to swear.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Smartie
22-12-2018, 11:35 PM
Slivka absolutely has no right to be mentioned in this context. He was good again, and has put in a very decent run of matches.

I was amazed at how poor the options for the man on the ball were today. Much of this was due to good work from Livi, but I don't really think that formation suits our players.

Milligan would get on the ball but quickly look in trouble as he had few options. Hyndman saw a lot of the ball but he had a bit of a stinker - nothing was coming off for him. I do think that he's a good player, and I don't really know why he was so poor today.

I just don't think there are many great combinations we can make with our current squad, and the run of fixtures we are I the middle of requires rotation, options and flexibility.

Bishop Hibee
23-12-2018, 09:11 AM
Hyndman was rotten, Milligan is a centre half who offers less than Bartley in midfield but I thought Slivka had a decent game yesterday.