PDA

View Full Version : Four points from our next two games is a must

HibeeHibernian4
22-12-2018, 05:00 PM
After today's poor showing, and given the number of players rested in preparation, there are no excuses as far as I'm concerned.

Either win at Ibrox and draw at home to Hearts or (preferably) draw at Ibrox and beat Hearts to go ahead of them.

Keith_M
22-12-2018, 05:00 PM
Never gonna happen.

cleanyman
22-12-2018, 05:01 PM
We are trash this season

Every point for me is a bonus

Beefster
22-12-2018, 05:01 PM
I think some folk like to set targets like the OP so that they can call for Lennon’s head next week.

Diclonius
22-12-2018, 05:03 PM
We won't win at Ibrox. Slight favourites for the derby.

H18S NX
22-12-2018, 05:05 PM
Can only see us getting 1pt

Keith_M
22-12-2018, 05:06 PM

We have a chance of beating Hearts but I can't see us getting anything at Ibrox.

We'll have to up our game for next weekend, though, as even though they're currently crap, they'll be a different animal in the derby.

JeMeSouviens
22-12-2018, 05:07 PM

Even though the New Huns were the better side we could easily have sneaked it on wednesday. We’ll get more room to play on the break at Hunsville. I expect us to lose but it’s by no means impossible.

Hearts are now bottom of last 6 games spfl form.

HibeeHibernian4
22-12-2018, 05:11 PM
I think some folk like to set targets like the OP so that they can call for Lennon’s head next week.

If a manager rests six players in preparation for two important games, I don't think it's asking too much for said manager to be able to secure four points in the two important games. Lennon is a very good manager and he has won two from two at Ibrox, so I don't see why fans are writing us off from getting a result there on Wednesday.

hhibs
22-12-2018, 05:13 PM
If a manager rests six players in preparation for two important games, I don't think it's asking too much for said manager to be able to secure four points in the two important games. Lennon is a very good manager and he has won two from two at Ibrox, so I don't see why fans are writing us off from getting a result there on Wednesday.

agreed

Here’s Lucy!
22-12-2018, 05:41 PM
We'll lose in Glasgow and scrape a point against a very poor Hearts team.

superfurryhibby
22-12-2018, 05:43 PM
After today's poor showing, and given the number of players rested in preparation, there are no excuses as far as I'm concerned.

Either win at Ibrox and draw at home to Hearts or (preferably) draw at Ibrox and beat Hearts to go ahead of them.

Excuses for what and why?

Highly unlikely we will take 4 points, but it won’r make or break our season either way.

coldingham hibs
22-12-2018, 06:21 PM
We'll lose in Glasgow and scrape a point against a very poor Hearts team.

This. If The Rangers play like they did on Wednesday and we don’t improve then the 3 points stay in Glasgow. Hearts will be well fired up for the Derby so I can’t see better than a point.

MWHIBBIES
22-12-2018, 06:25 PM
This. If The Rangers play like they did on Wednesday and we don’t improve then the 3 points stay in Glasgow. Hearts will be well fired up for the Derby so I can’t see better than a point.

Will Hibs not be fired up like? Hearts have been worse than is recently. Much worse. But they'll magically be fired up and match us at home? They lost 5 ****ing goals to Livi. In 16 minutes. Being fired up doesn't help if you're ****ing awful.

Sir David Gray
22-12-2018, 06:25 PM
One point would be my prediction.

Even with the best will in the world I really can't see us getting anything at Ibrox and I can see the derby ending in a draw.

SirDavidsNapper
22-12-2018, 06:32 PM
We'll get pumped at Ibrox and draw with Hearts. Both Edinburgh clubs a poor as each other.

WhileTheChief..
22-12-2018, 07:02 PM
What happens if you don’t win a must win game?

Will we die as a club? Again?

Jim44
22-12-2018, 09:51 PM
I think the Rangers will take us apart unfortunately. It’s a toss up as to who will be the worst of two poor teams in the Derby. Having taken 4 points off the ugly sisters, I thought we would be up for a challenge in the next three games. We’re back to square one and the washing of dirty linen in public by Lennon doesn’t help.

The Spaceman
22-12-2018, 09:59 PM
We will lose to Rangers and win against Hearts I reckon!

AFKA5814_Hibs
22-12-2018, 10:13 PM
We will lose to Rangers and win against Hearts I reckon!

This is the way I see it. Hertz are ***** but Huns will likely pish all over us on 26th.

Itsnoteasy
22-12-2018, 10:24 PM

2 game thread is a change from the usual 4 game thread.

Unseen work
22-12-2018, 10:35 PM
I think hearts will batter us, quite literally.

They will press us into mistakes, go 100 mph and we won’t be able to cope.

The odd chance that we will get, we won’t be clinical enough.

MWHIBBIES
22-12-2018, 11:03 PM
I think hearts will batter us, quite literally.

They will press us into mistakes, go 100 mph and we won’t be able to cope.

The odd chance that we will get, we won’t be clinical enough.

Sure you're talking about the same hearts who have scored 4 goals in 10 games and lost 5-0 to Livingston? Or have they spend 500 million in the last week?

They're ***** and we should beat them at home. It's not even arrogance. If we can't beat them, st mirren, Dundee, Livi or st Johnstone at home the we should be looking for a new manager.

where'stheslope
23-12-2018, 10:57 AM
Sure you're talking about the same hearts who have scored 4 goals in 10 games and lost 5-0 to Livingston? Or have they spend 500 million in the last week?

They're ***** and we should beat them at home. It's not even arrogance. If we can't beat them, st mirren, Dundee, Livi or st Johnstone at home the we should be looking for a new manager.
Hearts are sh*te but above us in the league?
What does that make us?
Against Rangers we will get chances and must take them, as Rangers will score against us at Ibrox!!
Against Hearts, yes they are not scoring, their defense is now suspect, so we have to shoot on sight and try and make them suffer!
I feel this will be the game that they start scoring again!!!

MWHIBBIES
23-12-2018, 11:01 AM
Hearts are sh*te but above us in the league?
What does that make us?
Against Rangers we will get chances and must take them, as Rangers will score against us at Ibrox!!
Against Hearts, yes they are not scoring, their defense is now suspect, so we have to shoot on sight and try and make them suffer!
I feel this will be the game that they start scoring again!!!

Hearts had a run with no injuries at had a good start. Reality had kicked in since and we've gained many points back on them despite injuries of our own. If we had Gray, Hanlon, Kamberi, Maclaren etc fit all season we'd be well above them.

danhibees1875
23-12-2018, 11:11 AM
What happens if you don’t win a must win game?

Will we die as a club? Again?

That's what happened yesterday I believe.

3 points - all off hearts.

Captain Trips
23-12-2018, 04:45 PM
As far as I am concerned we are 7th not due to the quality of the teams above us but really of our own making. I think some players have underperformed and I also think NL has made more mistakes this term than both previous seasons.

Pretty pissed off by it tbh.

Onion
23-12-2018, 05:01 PM
Lennon's team selection and our midfield is a mess at the moment, with many now on borrowed time at ER. 4 points would be a minor miracle. Hope for 3, probably get 1 but could easily get zip.

K.Marx
23-12-2018, 05:01 PM
Barisic (huns first choice left back) was injured today and they have quite a few others who I believe will be out as well. Gives a glimmer of hope that we might steal something on Boxing Day. Need to play a hell of a lot better than on Wednesday though.

Despite us being pish on the whole recently, hearts look even worse and I expect us to beat them.

Hibees1973
23-12-2018, 05:06 PM
If we win at Ibrox it would eclipse both results last year given that Rangers have improved, we have regressed and our form is, at best, patchy. Just can’t see it happening....an heroic draw at best.

Must admit, after yesterday’s performance and with us now missing Boyle the game against Hearts is 50/50.

Hope Gray is in the team for the derby. Maybe another draw.....we have had the most amount of draws in the league so far.

The 90+2
23-12-2018, 05:47 PM
3 points I would take right now very very happily.

wookie70
23-12-2018, 05:57 PM

We didn't beat Dundee at home, St Johnstone have beat us the last twice at home and we have failed to win in Perth in Lennon's time, we have failed to beat Livi this year and we drew at Tiny earlier this season. We have only taken 11 points out of 28 from teams in the top 8. We basically struggle against decent teams with managers who can organise. It is just as well we have been ok against the bottom 4. Everyone says money is everything in football but that is at the top level. In the middle of the league it is far more about the way the team is set up and how much desire the players have. Our team is poorly organised and lacks the heart that it had when it was filled with signings made by Stubbs.

Here’s Lucy!
23-12-2018, 06:04 PM
Rangers were poor today but will still beat us at Ibrox. :rolleyes:

calumhibee1
23-12-2018, 06:20 PM

I agree although to be fair, Rangers will win the vast majority of games at Ibrox.

Steve20
23-12-2018, 06:37 PM
We won’t get anything at Ibrox and the derby could go either way.

3 points at most. More realistically 1.

where'stheslope
23-12-2018, 07:05 PM
Hearts had a run with no injuries at had a good start. Reality had kicked in since and we've gained many points back on them despite injuries of our own. If we had Gray, Hanlon, Kamberi, Maclaren etc fit all season we'd be well above them.
Berra injured in first game against Celtic, and since have had a bad run of injuries the same as us!
Not sure what it means, but I think both teams with players coming back can push up the league.
We need some fresh players in at the break, missing 3 players off playing for their country won't help!!!!

Lancs Harp
23-12-2018, 07:19 PM
IMO Rangers away will be tough, I'd be delighted with a point. I see no reason why we cant get a result against of Hearts, they simply arent that good (neither are we compared to recent seasons) despite their good start to the season, they have won one league game in two months.

We'll hammer them 3 tries to 1.

erin go bragh
23-12-2018, 11:10 PM
Six points for us 😜 3-2 win at Mordor, followed by a 3-0 triumph at ER .
Merry Xmas 🇳🇬

Centre Hawf
23-12-2018, 11:33 PM
At this point id be fairly happy with 2 points.

southern hibby
24-12-2018, 09:18 AM
Ibrox 1-1 really can’t see them not scoring against us.
ER 1-0 however we need to up our game to get these results.

GGTTH

southern hibby
24-12-2018, 09:19 AM
Six points for us 😜 3-2 win at Mordor, followed by a 3-0 triumph at ER .
Merry Xmas 🇳🇬

I really hope your correct. Merry Christmas

GGTTH

18Craig75
24-12-2018, 09:41 AM
Are both games on TV? If so that means Kamberi, Hyndman and Horgan will show up so we might be in with a chance!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

calumhibee1
24-12-2018, 09:48 AM
Are both games on TV? If so that means Kamberi, Hyndman and Horgan will show up so we might be in with a chance!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Rangers game isn’t. Derby is.

HibeeHibernian4
26-12-2018, 05:08 PM
Bumped for all the naysayers who told me I was setting the bar too high for Lennon so I could moan at him when we didn't achieve it. Maybe I just don't buy into the myth of Steven Gerrard's all-conquering Rangers side like some on here.

Beefster
26-12-2018, 05:18 PM
Bumped for all the naysayers who told me I was setting the bar too high for Lennon so I could moan at him when we didn't achieve it. Maybe I just don't buy into the myth of Steven Gerrard's all-conquering Rangers side like some on here.

No-one said you were setting the bar too high, did they? I thought the general perception was that you were setting the bar in the expectation that it would be ammunition in your case against the manager.

Dashing Bob S
26-12-2018, 05:27 PM

You were right and the rest of us were wrong.

HibeeHibernian4
26-12-2018, 05:38 PM
No-one said you were setting the bar too high, did they? I thought the general perception was that you were setting the bar in the expectation that it would be ammunition in your case against the manager.

Some posts on the last page seemed to predict we would be doing well to avoid a 4-0 pumping. People have bought into this idea that Rangers are a good side. They aren’t.

Here’s Lucy!
26-12-2018, 05:41 PM

Delighted to be wrong!

Bring on the Yams.

calumhibee1
26-12-2018, 05:57 PM
Some posts on the last page seemed to predict we would be doing well to avoid a 4-0 pumping. People have bought into this idea that Rangers are a good side. They aren’t.

They’re a good side at home. Or at least they were until the last few weeks. Even now after some recent dropped points I would suspect they’ve got one of the best home records in the league?

Keith_M
26-12-2018, 06:50 PM
I for one was pleasantly surprised that we got a point today, as I fully expected us to get beat.

However, I still don't agree with the OP's assertion that we have to get 4 points from the two games.

calumhibee1
26-12-2018, 06:58 PM
I for one was pleasantly surprised that we got a point today, as I fully expected us to get beat.

However, I still don't agree with the OP's assertion that we have to get 4 points from the two games.

We do now. We can’t get beat by Hearts at home!

Edit: scrap that, I’m thinking we got three today when I posted that :greengrin

Hi Heid Yin
26-12-2018, 07:04 PM

Sevco are a good side, and to suggest otherwise is to take away from our performance this afternoon.

Keith_M
26-12-2018, 07:10 PM
Sevco are a good side, and to suggest otherwise is to take away from our performance this afternoon.

:agree:

They're challenging Celtc at the top of the league for a reason.

Anybody that thinks they're a bad side is either an idiot.... or is deliberately trying to downplay our achievement of drawing with them twice in a week.

The only disappointing result of the last 5 games was not beating Livi on Saturday.

HibeeHibernian4
26-12-2018, 07:24 PM

It’s not taking away from it, because Hibs did play well and, barring a defensive mistake, might have won today.

HibeeHibernian4
26-12-2018, 07:25 PM

That reason is that Celtic have been completely underwhelming and have been dropping points left, right and centre.

pacoluna
26-12-2018, 07:30 PM

After the hearts game will we have another " we must take this amount of points" post.

HibeeHibernian4
26-12-2018, 07:35 PM
After the hearts game will ww have another " we must take this amount of points" post.

If we want to get fourth again (ie not go backwards), we’re going to need to replicate the second half of last season’s title-winning form.

Hi Heid Yin
26-12-2018, 07:40 PM
:agree:

Anybody that thinks they're a bad side is either an idiot.... or is deliberately trying to downplay our achievement of drawing with them twice in a week.

The only disappointing result of the last 5 games was not beating Livi on Saturday.

Methinks there is mileage in this.:agree:

Famous Fiver
26-12-2018, 07:41 PM
Describe 'going backwards' to me.

You could level this if it was the same players but we lost McGinn, McGeouch, Allan and Barker through no fault of our own. We have also had a pretty desperate injury list.

I think that Lennon keeping us competitive in view of these losses is a major step forward.

The negativity on here does my head in.

Keith_M
26-12-2018, 07:52 PM

TBF, it's currently restricted to 2 or 3 posters.

Hi Heid Yin
26-12-2018, 07:56 PM
Describe 'going backwards' to me.

You could level this if it was the same players but we lost McGinn, McGeouch, Allan and Barker through no fault of our own. We have also had a pretty desperate injury list.

I think that Lennon keeping us competitive in view of these losses is a major step forward.

And we are indeed competitive, only 4 points less at this stage than last season...despite losing the "best midfield in Scotland"

HibeeHibernian4
26-12-2018, 07:58 PM
And we are indeed competitive, only 4 points less at this stage than last season...despite losing the "best midfield in Scotland"

Allan wasn't a Hibs player until January last season, so you're comparing the first half of last season with this first half why?

Everyone agreed last season's first half wasn't good enough, so to be four points behind that at this stage is hardly a cause for celebration. Here's hoping we can kick on from it as we did last season.