PDA

View Full Version : They make Hearts look like a football team

PatHead
22-12-2018, 04:10 PM
Total anti football. Horrible club, horrible team.

cleanyman
22-12-2018, 04:23 PM
You talking about Hibs or Livi

Diclonius
22-12-2018, 04:32 PM
Yup, some teams play physically. Tough. Hibs need to man up and deal with it.

Hearts will turn up and play the same way next week, so we better learn.

mcfly
22-12-2018, 04:35 PM
Too many hibs players not turning up and we are toothless up front.

Squad is no where near strong enough and we simply must sign a striker in jan as the young lads aren’t ready

Livingston are good at what they do but it’s boring

NORTHERNHIBBY
22-12-2018, 04:37 PM
Effective football. Not pretty but effective. Why should they play to other teams strengths rather than their own?

Keith_M
22-12-2018, 05:03 PM
Industrial football is one thing we just can't cope with.

There's a lot of those kind of sides out there so we really need to learn how to overcome it.

Ozyhibby
22-12-2018, 05:15 PM
Our powder puff midfield should be able to deal with it given the wages they earn compared to the Livi players.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cabbageandribs1875
22-12-2018, 05:39 PM
Score the penalty and we would have won.

score from six yards then they would have had a draw again

tamig
22-12-2018, 05:40 PM
You talking about Hibs or Livi

I wondered the same. Thought they played some decent stuff today.

Hiber-nation
22-12-2018, 05:43 PM

Is this post serious? They did what the likes of St Johnstone have done for years. Nothing wrong with that other than I'd hate to watch it every week.

bigwheel
22-12-2018, 06:10 PM

That’s harsh. I actually Couldn’t help but admire there performance today. Their work rate and organisation was outstanding..and they have some decent footballers. Were well worth their draw ...

CentreLine
22-12-2018, 06:12 PM
Ok.
Dribble from our own box through the midfield and hit an unstoppable shot from an impossible angle into the roof of the net and we would have won.

Saw Alex Cropley do that more than once 👍🏻

The_Horde
22-12-2018, 06:14 PM
Won't have it. They play exactly the way a wee side should play against big boys and they do it very well.

If we can't cope with a team pressing us (which has happened time and time again) then we can't complain.

Jim44
22-12-2018, 06:19 PM

Not really. On simple arithmetic yes, but in reality, if we had scored, the game would have taken a different course and we might not have scored.

coldingham hibs
22-12-2018, 06:24 PM
Livi were really poor, long punt after long punt. Even the goal came from a fluke long punt. I thought they were better than that but hey ho. Had we started with Kamberi & McLaren I’m sure we would have taken all 3 points.

Jdawg
22-12-2018, 06:55 PM

Were we any better? We looked scared to go forward. Livi came with a game plan and we were too inept to counter it.

Jdawg
22-12-2018, 06:55 PM
Livi were really poor, long punt after long punt. Even the goal came from a fluke long punt. I thought they were better than that but hey ho. Had we started with Kamberi & McLaren I’m sure we would have taken all 3 points.

A long punt sailing past our 3 CH’s. Let’s look within.

wookie70
22-12-2018, 07:10 PM
A long punt sailing past our 3 CH’s. Let’s look within. At least their punt sailed past our defenders. Most of ours looked aimed at their centre halves. They are robust but capable of some decent stuff. The move they nearly scored from late on was better football than anything we managed today. I wish we were a fraction as organised as they were today.

Jdawg
22-12-2018, 07:23 PM
At least their punt sailed past our defenders. Most of ours looked aimed at their centre halves. They are robust but capable of some decent stuff. The move they nearly scored from late on was better football than anything we managed today. I wish we were a fraction as organised as they were today.

Correct. Great play from them and a sitter. Our fans claiming hearts are a football team compared to them should look at our team and constant lacklustre, performances. We have been atrocious for weeks. Couldn’t give a **** if we are close to 4th place, abysmal. People will stop going to ER.

I have a ST so will be there but I can sympathise if walk ups give games a miss. Dire.

Lancs Harp
22-12-2018, 09:28 PM
We know how they play, we know what they are going to do. We needed to find a way of beating them, we drew 1-1 so we failed in that respect.

Presently with our current squad we lack consistency and creativity, its pretty obvious. The fare on offer is relatively poor compared to recent seasons I cant see how anyone can argue otherwise, hopefully the addition of at least a couple of players in January will start to rectify this.

We'll improve.

:flag:

Golden Bear
22-12-2018, 09:53 PM
Harsh on Livvy. All for one and one for all plus a dash of talented players. They make the best of the resources they have which is more than can be said for our team right now.

hibbydog
22-12-2018, 10:08 PM

Why do we have this annoying repetitive notion of not getting the result we want then criticising the oppositions style of play?

Been happening at derbys for years as it’s pathetic. We take the moral high ground because we don’t play as physically? Total baws.

Anyone can play any style they want, and it’s up to us to match up physically then find a way of winning the game. It didn’t happpen today because we weren’t good enough.

If hibs won the league playing long balls to a big fat striker and winning 1-0 every week, I’d be delighted.

Winning is everything. No points for artistic interpretation.

Now get a grip.

Hiber-nation
22-12-2018, 10:10 PM
Don't know if this thread was an attempt to deflect from our poor performance but if so it hasn't exactly achieved its aim!!

Itsnoteasy
22-12-2018, 10:40 PM
Our powder puff midfield should be able to deal with it given the wages they earn compared to the Livi players.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Don't think wages have anything to do with it. Hibs beat Tic, huge wage difference.

Livi are written off every other week, people saying the bubble has to burst.

It's the players & the manager who have the desire to give their all every week & playing the type of football they do that is proving successful for them.

It's poor management from Hibs that cannot send out the right team to beat them. 1 point out of 6 just is not acceptable.

Nicho87
22-12-2018, 10:41 PM
What team?

watching that hibs team today was painful.

PatHead
23-12-2018, 01:28 AM
Don't know if this thread was an attempt to deflect from our poor performance but if so it hasn't exactly achieved its aim!!

I posted the original post during the match. They are a horrible team to watch. Nothing entertaining about them. Big physical, kicking everything that move and breaking up play at every opportunity.

Yes,I want Hibs to do better against them but a club who have financially cheated in the past and bring nothing to the league other than a disgraceful attempt at a plastic pitch.

Stand by my original statement.

truehibernian
23-12-2018, 01:44 AM
I’d take Ryan Hardie in a heartbeat - terrific talent. Always has been

NAE NOOKIE
23-12-2018, 02:03 AM
Its not pretty to watch, but its effective and you had to admire their organisation which was good for practically the whole match.

Our problem is we just cant compete physically with teams like them and we aren't quick or clever enough in midfield to take their physicality out of the equation …. for all their good play McGinn and McGeough could put in challenges as well and that's what we are missing.

I didn't think Hibs were all that bad today, we got forward time and again in both halves, but our final ball and misfiring strike force mean we are going to draw games we should be winning and lose games we should be able to get a draw out of.

Brizo
23-12-2018, 08:50 AM

I usually agree with your posts but that assessments harsh.

They have a fraction of our resources and fanbase. They play to their strengths and are very effective. I'm sure most of us would have had them as certs for relegation / play off positions. They are one of this seasons success stories. The fact we couldn't beat them is our problem.

The only thing I find horrible about them is their pitch but I can understand why its commercially viable for clubs like them to go down that route.

Bishop Hibee
23-12-2018, 08:53 AM

Absolutely agree. Made up club. Problem was we didn’t cope for their goal. They’ll lose their decent players in the summer and plummet next season.

Phil MaGlass
23-12-2018, 09:00 AM
I usually agree with your posts but that assessments harsh.

They have a fraction of our resources and fanbase. They play to their strengths and are very effective. I'm sure most of us would have had them as certs for relegation / play off positions. They are one of this seasons success stories. The fact we couldn't beat them is our problem.

The only thing I find horrible about them is their pitch but I can understand why its commercially viable for clubs like them to go down that route.

Totally agree, and, had we played to our strengths, we would have won.

Pretty Boy
23-12-2018, 09:01 AM
We can slag Livi all we want but the 2 best midfielders on the park playrd in yellow yesterday.

They are what they are and are good at it. Playing to their strengths and playing as a unit. It might even catch on.

wookie70
23-12-2018, 10:30 AM
They’ll lose their decent players in the summer and plummet next season. That rings a bell with us too

One Day
23-12-2018, 11:19 AM

That's a fact

JimBHibees
23-12-2018, 11:29 AM
We can slag Livi all we want but the 2 best midfielders on the park playrd in yellow yesterday.

They are what they are and are good at it. Playing to their strengths and playing as a unit. It might even catch on.

Agree thought their midfield was good first time really seen Jacobs and he won the ball about 10 times more than any of our midfield players did.

steelendhibs
23-12-2018, 12:23 PM
Absolutely agree. Made up club. Problem was we didn’t cope for their goal. They’ll lose their decent players in the summer and plummet next season.

All clubs have to get formed sometime. Is there a date in history after which no other clubs are allowed to be formed? I get they took Meadowbank 's place, and got fast-tracked as there was no pyramid system like there is now. I think they deserve a lot of credit for what they have achieved the last couple of years. The better players and coaches you are, the more situations you find yourself in that you find a way to win. Just because we wear a shirt that has been around since 1875 doesn't mean we have any more right to win a game in 2018 than a club formed in 1994

andy1875
23-12-2018, 12:30 PM
By all accounts Livi had the smallest budget last year in the Championship and managed to get promotion. I would hazard a guess that won’t have changed and they will have the smallest budget in the Premiership.

They play to their strengths and have done remarkably well all things considered.

We were no better than them yesterday all over the park. We need to get our own house in order and could do with actually learning to punch above our weight for a change instead of constantly finding excuses.

Since90+2
23-12-2018, 12:33 PM
By all accounts Livi had the smallest budget last year in the Championship and managed to get promotion. I would hazard a guess that won’t have changed and they will have the smallest budget in the Premiership.

They play to their strengths and have done remarkably well all things considered.

We were no better than them yesterday all over the park. We need to get our own house in order and could do with actually learning to punch above our weight for a change instead of constantly finding excuses.

I'd be amazed if they had a smaller budget than Dumbarton and Brechin last season.

where'stheslope
23-12-2018, 07:37 PM
All clubs have to get formed sometime. Is there a date in history after which no other clubs are allowed to be formed? I get they took Meadowbank 's place, and got fast-tracked as there was no pyramid system like there is now. I think they deserve a lot of credit for what they have achieved the last couple of years. The better players and coaches you are, the more situations you find yourself in that you find a way to win. Just because we wear a shirt that has been around since 1875 doesn't mean we have any more right to win a game in 2018 than a club formed in 1994
They started out as a Junior side Ferranti Thistle, then became Meadowbank Thistle joining the 4th tier of Scottish Football.
They moved up the leagues over time, and then decided to move to the then Almondvale Stadium and changed their name to Livingston.
The Chairman who was with them as Ferranti Thistle has been with them all the way through the changes.
I was bussed through Partick Thistle V Ferranti Thistle in the Old Ferranti blue transit buses for their Scottish Cup tie as I worked for Ferranti at the time.
I would sometimes go to Meadowbank to watch them when we were playing away from home, I got in for free as I was friends with the trainer Lawrie Glasson.
I've also gone to see them play at the Almondvale and Toni Macaroni Arena, as its just down the road from me.
They still get pretty poor crowds, and I don't think it will change, as there are just to many Glasgow and Edinburgh fans in the Livingston area.

danhibees1875
23-12-2018, 07:49 PM
I’d take Ryan Hardie in a heartbeat - terrific talent. Always has been

Out of contract in the summer apparently. My Livi mate raves about him to the point he's worried rangers recall him in January. Young, fast, and knows where the goal is.

brianmc
23-12-2018, 10:32 PM
I posted the original post during the match. They are a horrible team to watch. Nothing entertaining about them. Big physical, kicking everything that move and breaking up play at every opportunity.

Yes,I want Hibs to do better against them but a club who have financially cheated in the past and bring nothing to the league other than a disgraceful attempt at a plastic pitch.

Stand by my original statement.

You do realise that the Livi team aren't there to entertain you (and the rest of us Hibs fans)?

Their remit is to get a result for themselves - which they did.

Ask any of the 395 Livi fans that were at ER if they were entertained and I think even you, with your weird, twisted, entitled view of how the game SHOULD have gone could guess the answer.

Boo hoo. It's not fair. 🙄

cabbageandribs1875
23-12-2018, 10:41 PM

wrong
wrong
totally wrong

Diclonius
23-12-2018, 11:11 PM
wrong
wrong
totally wrong

Snape, Snape, Severus Snape

cabbageandribs1875
23-12-2018, 11:30 PM
Snape, Snape, Severus Snape

what a loady Hogwarts

PatHead
24-12-2018, 08:58 AM
wrong
wrong
totally wrong

Oh no I amn't.

wookie70
24-12-2018, 11:05 AM
Just watched the highlights and they confirmed what I thought at the time. Livi playing on the front foot, movement effort, closing down and lots of nice football. The highlights showed they had quite a few good chances including, arguably, the best chance of the game and I am including the pen. They are a decent side but the biggest difference to us is their organisation and desire.

MWHIBBIES
24-12-2018, 11:15 AM
Just watched the highlights and they confirmed what I thought at the time. Livi playing on the front foot, movement effort, closing down and lots of nice football. The highlights showed they had quite a few good chances including, arguably, the best chance of the game and I am including the pen. They are a decent side but the biggest difference to us is their organisation and desire.
Livi didn't play any nice football. They run around and work hard but they just hoof it any chance they get. I would never watch a side like that.

calumhibee1
24-12-2018, 11:36 AM

It wasn’t vintage stuff from Livi but I also didn’t see the gang that everybody else are describing.

One Day Soon
24-12-2018, 11:42 AM
They're a crap football side. Hoofball allied to very well drilled and a very strong pressing game. Nice if you like that sort of thing, I don't.