PDA

View Full Version : Completing the ER set

nonshinyfinish
22-12-2018, 10:56 AM
I'm sitting in the Famous Five for the derby, and it occurred to me that I've never been in that stand before.

That's me completing the 'modern' set of the old East, the old main stand and the four current stands.

I suppose the full set would also have the North, South and East when they were terracing.

Is anybody old enough to have stood/sat in anything else? Jonnyboy? :wink:

Jonnyboy
22-12-2018, 11:31 AM
I'm sitting in the Famous Five for the derby, and it occurred to me that I've never been in that stand before.

That's me completing the 'modern' set of the old East, the old main stand and the four current stands.

I suppose the full set would also have the North, South and East when they were terracing.

Been in all four areas 😀

In years gone by I’ve sat in all three sections of the old main stand. Stood in old enclosures as well as behind both goals but spent most of my time standing in the old East, both top and bottom tiers ✅

Now, if they’d just fill in the corners :greengrin

Ringothedog
22-12-2018, 11:36 AM

Have sat in the old centre, north and south stand, stood and sat in the old north and south enclosures, stood and sat in the old east, north and south terracing and sat in all of the “new” stands

wookie70
22-12-2018, 11:46 AM
Have sat in all the new stands both top and bottom tiers in the three that have them. Stood on the terrace and sat on the benches at the foot of the slope and sat in the old North, South and Centre stands and North enclosure. Not sure if I was ever in the south enclosure and never stood in the Dunbar end. I think my current seat is my favourite out of them all. 18 yard line, front row of the west upper at the Dunbar end. The same seat at the other end would better it but I'll have to wait until we are rubbish again to have the chance of a seat up there.

MWHIBBIES
22-12-2018, 11:50 AM
Sat in all 4 but the south was for an international. Scotland Vs Sweden and Scotland Vs Canada.

Eyrie
22-12-2018, 11:54 AM
Never been behind the goals at either end.

My first season ticket was in the old North and I'm now at the other end of the main stand. Also been on the old terracing and in the new East.

nonshinyfinish
22-12-2018, 11:58 AM
Have sat in all the new stands both top and bottom tiers in the three that have them. Stood on the terrace and sat on the benches at the foot of the slope and sat in the old North, South and Centre stands and North enclosure. Not sure if I was ever in the south enclosure and never stood in the Dunbar end. I think my current seat is my favourite out of them all. 18 yard line, front row of the west upper at the Dunbar end. The same seat at the other end would better it but I'll have to wait until we are rubbish again to have the chance of a seat up there.

That's almost exactly where I sat when I had an ST. Amazing view.

HH81
22-12-2018, 11:58 AM
I have been in all four stands.

Upper and lower west and south stand
East stand
Upper famous five section 50 a couple of times. Good place to sit.