PDA

View Full Version : Injury list this season..

GreenCastle
21-12-2018, 10:00 PM
Just updated this.. after The Rangers game..

Off the top of my head quickly - this has been our injury list this season.

I would put number of weeks out but unsure of a few.

Some were bad tackles (Slivka) - others seem to be muscular.

I made fun of Hearts injury list and mocked them for players returning earlier or playing through injuries.

At the same time questions must be asked why we have had so many. Surely not all bad luck ?

Gray
Bartley
Milligan
Ofir
Hanlon
Mclaren
McGregor
Slivka
Bogdan
Laidlaw
Boyle
Kamberi
Agyepong
Mavrias
Mallan
Fraser Murray
Nelom
Stevenson
Porteous

Am I right thinking Efe is the only player nearly ever present ?

We are down to the bare bones right now and that’s meant we have seen more of Shaw and Porteous (injured now as discussed on other thread) plus Mackie / Allen.

Lots of players picking up wages and not playing though which I can imagine much be driving Lennon mad and you see thin in his demeanour last few weeks as he’s probably thinking the team is nearly picking itself without much competition for places / depth on bench.

I give the team massive credit for picking up a point today but at what cost with another injury and 3 missing due to Austrialia call ups. Never known anything like it.

GreenCastle
26-12-2018, 09:19 PM
Edited the above after today..

Mango Man
27-12-2018, 12:22 AM
Is Efe the only player to not be injured at any point this season?

The injuries for us this season has been far worse than any other team for sure, just can't keep the same 11 playing, that's been a real strong point for us the last few seasons.

Mango Man
27-12-2018, 12:34 AM
Just noticed a thread like this further down, move if you like admin. Sorry about that.

blackpoolhibs
27-12-2018, 09:31 AM
Never known a season like it in 50 odd years supporting the club.

And still some folk cant see why we've been inconsistent?

The Modfather
27-12-2018, 09:53 AM
Never known a season like it in 50 odd years supporting the club.

And still some folk cant see why we've been inconsistent?

Injuries are only a part of the reason for our inconsistency and below par season to date, lack of squad depth in certain areas and lack of real quality in others are as big factors as the injuries.

where'stheslope
27-12-2018, 10:23 AM
Just updated this.. after The Rangers game..

Off the top of my head quickly - this has been our injury list this season.

I would put number of weeks out but unsure of a few.

Some were bad tackles (Slivka) - others seem to be muscular.

I made fun of Hearts injury list and mocked them for players returning earlier or playing through injuries.

At the same time questions must be asked why we have had so many. Surely not all bad luck ?

Gray
Bartley
Milligan
Ofir
Hanlon
Mclaren
McGregor
Slivka
Bogdan
Laidlaw
Boyle
Kamberi
Agyepong
Mavrias
Mallan
Fraser Murray
Nelom
Stevenson
Porteous

Am I right thinking Efe is the only player nearly ever present ?

We are down to the bare bones right now and that’s meant we have seen more of Shaw and Porteous (injured now as discussed on other thread) plus Mackie / Allen.

Lots of players picking up wages and not playing though which I can imagine much be driving Lennon mad and you see thin in his demeanour last few weeks as he’s probably thinking the team is nearly picking itself without much competition for places / depth on bench.

I give the team massive credit for picking up a point today but at what cost with another injury and 3 missing due to Austrialia call ups. Never known anything like it.
These are not all long term injuries, its the long term injuries that cause damage to the team.
Tho' injuries are part of the game (i.e. physical game) we seem to be picking up more niggly injuries than most, and this is when we have our new regime of fitness guru's?

J-C
27-12-2018, 10:25 AM
Injuries have bee ridiculous this season but as Modfather says our lack of depth in the squad has been shown up meaning not enough quality cover.

GreenCastle
27-12-2018, 10:51 AM
Is Efe the only player to not be injured at any point this season?

The injuries for us this season has been far worse than any other team for sure, just can't keep the same 11 playing, that's been a real strong point for us the last few seasons.

I don’t think Efe has missed any games ?

Niggling injuries are part of the game but most of our injuries have seen plyers out for weeks rather than a single game.

Curious to see what we do in January but could really do with more depth.

But at the same time youngsters are getting a chance like Mackie.

blackpoolhibs
27-12-2018, 11:34 AM
Injuries are only a part of the reason for our inconsistency and below par season to date, lack of squad depth in certain areas and lack of real quality in others are as big factors as the injuries.
Lack of quality where, midfield?

Our midfield was always going to be weaker when you lose McGinn McGeouch Allan and Barker, in my opinion the best bar none in last seasons league.

Lack of depth would not be a problem if our injury crisis over the course of this whole season so far had not been as bad.

You can say we should have brought in another forward, our last 3rd forward we signed to sit on the bench and come on now and then was Brian Graham, he'd have done nothing in this team, and that type of player is not even as good as Ollie Shaw, who still has a great goalscoring record as 3rd choice striker, but thats conveniently ignored?

Our midfield are well covered in numbers, but of course our first choice midfielders started off well enough, but they have all been injured at some stage apart from Mallan really, but once again that is ignored.

Defence we've had our first pick centre half, first pick right back both out, plus each keeper injured at various times.

How ANY team could be constant with all this going on, i dont know. Yet when the manager does bring in the odd player for cover, he's slated for doing so IE Nelom or Mavrias?

Boyle is one of the most improved players in Scotland, but the guy we brought in to give him some competition has hardly played through injury, which is a shame, as he did look as if he was a very good player.

And saying all this, we are still producing good results, we had a dip, every team has apart from Kilmarnock.

The build is still going on, and Lennon gets another chance next week, we are still in decent shape and not far off another good season with another addition or two.

The Modfather
27-12-2018, 11:51 AM
Lack of quality where, midfield?

Our midfield was always going to be weaker when you lose McGinn McGeouch Allan and Barker, in my opinion the best bar none in last seasons league.

Lack of depth would not be a problem if our injury crisis over the course of this whole season so far had not been as bad.

You can say we should have brought in another forward, our last 3rd forward we signed to sit on the bench and come on now and then was Brian Graham, he'd have done nothing in this team, and that type of player is not even as good as Ollie Shaw, who still has a great goalscoring record as 3rd choice striker, but thats conveniently ignored?

Our midfield are well covered in numbers, but of course our first choice midfielders started off well enough, but they have all been injured at some stage apart from Mallan really, but once again that is ignored.

Defence we've had our first pick centre half, first pick right back both out, plus each keeper injured at various times.

How ANY team could be constant with all this going on, i dont know. Yet when the manager does bring in the odd player for cover, he's slated for doing so IE Nelom or Mavrias?

Boyle is one of the most improved players in Scotland, but the guy we brought in to give him some competition has hardly played through injury, which is a shame, as he did look as if he was a very good player.

And saying all this, we are still producing good results, we had a dip, every team has apart from Kilmarnock.

The build is still going on, and Lennon gets another chance next week, we are still in decent shape and not far off another good season with another addition or two.

I do admire your relentless positivity, and agree with a lot of what you say. However there is definitely a constructive debate to be has about the shape of the squad even allowing for constant injuries.

For example, we went into the season with one recognised RB, David Gray, who we unfortunately know about his injury record. We signed cover but played Efe at RB as much as we actually used the cover.

We have 3 wingers (if we include Horgan as one, although Lennon has played him central more often than not). So one injury or suspension and we have no other wingers on the bench.

Same with the forwards, we have 3 senior forwards. An injury to one and we have no options when playing 2 up front,

We have no energy or dynamism in the middle of the park.

I thought we were told the aim was to have two first team
players for each position supplemented by youth. That isn’t the case. I’ve not even touched upon the quality of each signing as that can be subjective and for a different debate.

Rumble de Thump
27-12-2018, 12:02 PM
I do admire your relentless positivity, and agree with a lot of what you say. However there is definitely a constructive debate to be has about the shape of the squad even allowing for constant injuries.

For example, we went into the season with one recognised RB, David Gray, who we unfortunately know about his injury record. We signed cover but played Efe at RB as much as we actually used the cover.

We have 3 wingers (if we include Horgan as one, although Lennon has played him central more often than not). So one injury or suspension and we have no other wingers on the bench.

Same with the forwards, we have 3 senior forwards. An injury to one and we have no options when playing 2 up front,

players for each position supplemented by youth. That isn’t the case. I’ve not even touched upon the quality of each signing as that can be subjective and for a different debate.

I do admire your relentless negativity.

blackpoolhibs
27-12-2018, 12:06 PM

The aim will be to have two first team players for every position, we've not reached our aim yet, not really sure how difficult that is to understand?

It also appears anyone promoted from the youth team/reserve team is never judged to be a first team player, contrary to how well they do, we have a few?

Horgan gives us energy in midfield, but it appears you want him out wide?

It was always going to take time to rebuild this team, and dare i say it we might even have had to go backwards before going forward, but thats not what anyone wants to hear.

We are hardly a basket case, although reading this place you'd think we were, and again i will keep saying it, we have another chance to get us stronger next week.

Kavinho
27-12-2018, 12:10 PM

You mustn't have been around along time if you think BH is relentlessly positive!!!!

You build a squad to try and cover injury and suspension wherever they happen.
Your squad players are by definition not as good as your first choice players.

Players are able to play in a multitude of positions. Sometimes not their favoured/ Best position, but can do a job. Like Bartley covering CB last year (and having a mare!)

Just at RB - we've at least 4 players that can play there. Gray Ambrose Whitaker & Mavrais

It's been tough to find the right balance in midfield since we lost the best midfield in the country, and we've not managed any level of consistency this year for a variety of reasons.

Up front most were happy in August with the extra game time Shaw was going to get this year. But you have to allow that he's developing & therefore will not be perfect.
We've also Boyle often playing up front too.

The Modfather
27-12-2018, 12:41 PM
The aim will be to have two first team players for every position, we've not reached our aim yet, not really sure how difficult that is to understand?

It also appears anyone promoted from the youth team/reserve team is never judged to be a first team player, contrary to how well they do, we have a few?

It was always going to take time to rebuild this team, and dare i say it we might even have had to go backwards before going forward, but thats not what anyone wants to hear.

We are hardly a basket case, although reading this place you'd think we were, and again i will keep saying it, we have another chance to get us stronger next week.

So you do acknowledge that the squad is short. I agree that it will take a few windows to get in the quality we lost or find a different way to replace what we lost. However I think it is a failing in the summer recruitment to be short on numbers.

Not sure what you mean about not counting youth players promoted as first team players. Shaw was counted as one of my 3 forwards and I specifically didn’t mention LB because of Mackie. That only leaves Lewis Allan. I don’t believe we didn’t bring in another striker because we wanted to promote Allan.

Horgan gives us energy in midfield, not the box to box energy I was meaning but he does give us energy in an attacking sense. However you can’t have it both ways, if he gives us that central midfield energy that means we only have two wingers in the squad.

There are two ends to the spectrum, not saying we are at either end, but for those who think we are a basket case there are those that think everything is solely positive and we have no failings in the squad.

I get that it was a tough window in the summer given what we lost, and there was likely to be a drop off as it will take a few windows to get similar quality in to what we lost. However, to need major surgery to get our season on track two January windows in a row is poor. I have serious misgivings about our recruitment, but again that’s a separate debate to be had.

houstonhibbee
27-12-2018, 12:51 PM

We need to have some patience. Neil has turned the bad patch around very quickly and to have considered replacing the manager that some wanted was risking putting us back years.
we are only two or three players short of a good team again it was just frustrating we didn’t get Allan in the summer

blackpoolhibs
27-12-2018, 12:55 PM
So you do acknowledge that the squad is short. I agree that it will take a few windows to get in the quality we lost or find a different way to replace what we lost. However I think it is a failing in the summer recruitment to be short on numbers.

Not sure what you mean about not counting youth players promoted as first team players. Shaw was counted as one of my 3 forwards and I specifically didn’t mention LB because of Mackie. That only leaves Lewis Allan. I don’t believe we didn’t bring in another striker because we wanted to promote Allan.

Horgan gives us energy in midfield, not the box to box energy I was meaning but he does give us energy in an attacking sense. However you can’t have it both ways, if he gives us that central midfield energy that means we only have two wingers in the squad.

There are two ends to the spectrum, not saying we are at either end, but for those who think we are a basket case there are those that think everything is solely positive and we have no failings in the squad.

I get that it was a tough window in the summer given what we lost, and there was likely to be a drop off as it will take a few windows to get similar quality in to what we lost. However, to need major surgery to get our season on track two January windows in a row is poor. I have serious misgivings about our recruitment, but again that’s a separate debate to be had.

I dont think the squad is short, i think the squad is not as good as last years squad, there is a huge difference.

As i said, it will take longer than one window to replace what we lost last season, and anyone who thought we would be as good or even better does not know how the game works.

The_Horde
27-12-2018, 12:57 PM
When Lewy gets injured that's when you know you've definitely had a bad season of it.