PDA

View Full Version : Official Site: TICKET EXCHANGE IN OPERATION FOR EDINBURGH DERBY

RSS Bot
21-12-2018, 06:40 PM
More... (http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/9563)

Hermit Crab
21-12-2018, 06:51 PM
We are pleased to announce that Ticket Exchange is available for the upcoming derby against Hearts at Easter Road on 29th December.
The system allows supporters who are unable to attend the match to put their season ticket seats up for sale for other home supporters to purchase.
Ticket Exchange will now be in operation between now and the end of the season for sold-out games. Starting with our Christmas Edinburgh Derby on the 29th December.
How does Ticket Exchange work?
For those games where Ticket Exchange is in operation, any season ticket holder that is unable to attend a home fixture will be able to return their ticket for another fan to purchase.
The season ticket seat will then be available for sale and when bought, the purchaser will then receive a paper ticket or print at home ticket, depending on their chosen method of delivery. Season ticket holders, if your posted seat is sold, your card will be deactivated for that match only.
Will this be in place for all matches?
The club will decide when Ticket Exchange will be in operation. It’s likely to be used for matches that have sold out or close to selling out.
Will I receive anything in return for exchanging my ticket?

Not only will you give another supporter the chance to attend the match, but if your seat is purchased then you can earn money back to redeem against your Season Ticket renewal for the next season. You will receive 50% of the match ticket price for the category of your seat for that fixture in Club Cash. Games are weighted based on the category of match, meaning a Category A match will earn more than a Category B. For the upcoming Hearts game, an adult season ticket holder who successfully sells their seat via Ticket Exchange will receive £15 in club cash, a child £7 and all other concessions £8. Club cash will become visible on your account when you go to the checkout when paying for your new season ticket for next season.
Who can put their season ticket seat for exchange?
Season ticket holders in the West, East and Famous Five Upper stands can put their season ticket seats up for exchange. Disabled season ticket holders are unable to put their seats up for exchange via the online system, but can do so via the Ticket Office Disabled line number - 0131 656 7066.
Season Ticket holders in the Famous Five Family Stand are not eligible for the online Ticket Exchange system, due to upgrade rules in this area, along with preferential season ticket pricing. However, supporters in the Family Stand can voluntarily return their season ticket seats if unable to attend by contacting the Ticket Office directly. These seats would then only be made available to any enquiring family groups.
What price will the exchanged tickets be sold for?
The exchanged tickets will be relisted at the adult match ticket price.
How do I exchange my seat?
Relisting your seat takes just five minutes. Please read the below step by step guide on how to release your seat to the Ticket Exchange.

Login to your account
Select fixture and manage tickets
Seat listing will appear and show a blue box to allow you to sell tickets
Before clicking, tick the seats you want to list, then ‘sell tickets’ box
Select the time you want to list this until (default setting would be when the exchange closes, generally 3 hours prior to kick off)
Click ‘Complete sale’
The value of your seat will be displayed. This is the amount you will receive as credit on your account should your seat be purchased by another supporter
Check and tick Terms and Conditions
Complete Purchase

You will then receive an email stating this has been listed. If your seat is purchased you will receive a further confirmation email. If you are listing multiple seats, you may have to follow the above for each.
To purchase a ticket through Ticket Exchange
Buying seats takes just five minutes. Please read the below step by step guide on how to buy Ticket Exchange seats.

Login to your account
Select the fixture
Use the Interactive Seating Map or the Ticket Exchange tab to select your seat
Proceed to check out as norma

Nevi_SOL
21-12-2018, 07:01 PM
Great initiative 👍🏼

The Green Goblin
21-12-2018, 07:02 PM
Cashback!

Sold-out games only.

murray26
21-12-2018, 07:25 PM
Great move from the club.. well done.. don’t see any reason not to release your seat now.

davethom
21-12-2018, 07:33 PM
An excellent initiative by the club. Just managed to get a ticket in the East Stand....absolutely buzzing for the game!

et_hibby
21-12-2018, 07:49 PM
Well done Hibs.

wallpaperman
21-12-2018, 08:49 PM
Brilliant initiative, well done Hibs.

Gives the season ticket holder a tangible reward and makes the club extra money.

In reality, it will likely only come into effect for the derby, or possibly old firm if the club ever goes back to giving them the whole South stand.

GreenCastle
21-12-2018, 09:15 PM
Great move by the club!

They need to figure out a way to fill those empty seats in the Famous Five Stand though - really don’t like seeing them empty.

jakedance
21-12-2018, 09:37 PM
Great news. Benefits the club, fans like me that are locked out and incentivises anyone that can’t go to release their seats. Spread the word.

monktonharp
22-12-2018, 01:07 AM
it is a great move, still perplexes me a bit though as I cant upgrade my granddaughter's ticket. as stated on here by fans, some might only want the family tickets to try that, but there are circumstances when the wee yin is not allowed night games for example. also, this time of year, kids have school plays/church/brownies etc etc and wont be going to football. seat next to me could be spare. will look at it, and probably release for free but it is slightly annoying as my son could have been using it

Hibernian Verse
22-12-2018, 06:56 AM
it is a great move, still perplexes me a bit though as I cant upgrade my granddaughter's ticket. as stated on here by fans, some might only want the family tickets to try that, but there are circumstances when the wee yin is not allowed night games for example. also, this time of year, kids have school plays/church/brownies etc etc and wont be going to football. seat next to me could be spare. will look at it, and probably release for free but it is slightly annoying as my son could have been using itHave you called the ticket office?

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

22-12-2018, 01:05 PM
Good to see the Club doing this now. Much better chance of initiative working now.

Hibbyradge
22-12-2018, 01:10 PM
Excellent. I've been arguing for this for a while, but it's far more generous than required, imo.

I'm now expecting a flurry of posts from people complaining that they didn't get any cashback because their seat wasn't bought. :hilarious

jodjam
22-12-2018, 01:17 PM
Excellent. I've been arguing for this for a while, but it's far more generous than required, imo.

I'm now expecting a flurry of posts from people complaining that they didn't get any cashback because their seat wasn't bought. :hilarious

You certainly have and I agree that it is more than I expected.

Maybe it’s a marketing opportunity. Hibs can sell drones that fans can use to check that someone is sitting in their pew

green&left
22-12-2018, 01:41 PM
it is a great move, still perplexes me a bit though as I cant upgrade my granddaughter's ticket. as stated on here by fans, some might only want the family tickets to try that, but there are circumstances when the wee yin is not allowed night games for example. also, this time of year, kids have school plays/church/brownies etc etc and wont be going to football. seat next to me could be spare. will look at it, and probably release for free but it is slightly annoying as my son could have been using it

You can defo upgrade. Call 0131 661 1875 or pop round and they'll sort it out.

Hibbyradge
22-12-2018, 01:46 PM
You certainly have and I agree that it is more than I expected.

Maybe it’s a marketing opportunity. Hibs can sell drones that fans can use to check that someone is sitting in their pew

Drones disguised as seagulls?

Itsnoteasy
22-12-2018, 10:55 PM
You can defo upgrade. Call 0131 661 1875 or pop round and they'll sort it out.

You can't upgrade for FF Lower. I tried it a few weeks ago.

Itsnoteasy
22-12-2018, 11:01 PM
Great Idea but can't see how they cannot refund the money back to your account. It can't cost that much to refund as the club are making money of the resale of ticket.

What happens if you don't renew your season ticket the following season.

jimmythefish
22-12-2018, 11:23 PM

You can upgrade anywhere in the stadium except FF lower, upgraded my nephew’s seat in the west for the derby

hibbysam
23-12-2018, 09:17 AM
Great Idea but can't see how they cannot refund the money back to your account. It can't cost that much to refund as the club are making money of the resale of ticket.

Then you lose out, simple.

eebsie
23-12-2018, 10:52 AM
More... (http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/9563)

Any idea how they get released? Is it as single seats become available or do they save till there is a few?

I keep logging on with no joy?

Future17
23-12-2018, 03:47 PM

They probably can; it just doesn't make financial sense to run a ticket system in that manner.

theonlywayisup
23-12-2018, 03:59 PM
Any idea how they get released? Is it as single seats become available or do they save till there is a few?

Yes - same here.

I get a feeling that on Monday morning someone at the Hibs ticket office will press the button and a number of tickets will be available for sale.

I noticed that for the The Rangers game on the day of the game a whole group of seats became available at the top south corner of the East Stand.

Also, what I can't understand is that their still selling the Half-Season tickets which includes this game. Makes me think that they are holding tickets back for the HST and these will become available if not sold.

smack
23-12-2018, 04:01 PM
Yes - same here.

I get a feeling that on Monday morning someone at the Hibs ticket office will press the button and a number of tickets will be available for sale.

I noticed that for the The Rangers game on the day of the game a whole group of seats became available at the top south corner of the East Stand.

Also, what I can't understand is that their still selling the Half-Season tickets which includes this game. Makes me think that they are holding tickets back for the HST and these will become available if not sold.

Half season ticket doesn’t include hearts game now

theonlywayisup
23-12-2018, 04:11 PM
Half season ticket doesn’t include hearts game now

Didn't know that - cheers!

Hermit Crab
23-12-2018, 04:14 PM

We need someone here to release their seat to see if its instant or not. Any volunteers? :greengrin

Hibeesforever
23-12-2018, 04:23 PM
Great move by the club!

They need to figure out a way to fill those empty seats in the Famous Five Stand though - really don’t like seeing them empty.

Pretty simple really, go back to allowing upgrades to adult tickets.

Steven79
23-12-2018, 06:12 PM
Pretty simple really, go back to allowing upgrades to adult tickets.

They need to make the family section in the south stand as cat B tickets then the club could sell out the famous five lower for the visit of Hearts and make more money.

hailhail22
23-12-2018, 08:05 PM

Really ? I was hoping to upgrade my daughters ST for the derby so one of my mates could come, I was able to do this last season but not tried this season

The Green Goblin
23-12-2018, 08:15 PM
We need someone here to release their seat to see if its instant or not. Any volunteers? :greengrin

It takes about five minutes to show up. I released my st last time this happened and my pal was waiting to buy it. He was zoomed in on my seat. Took just over five minutes of refreshing the screen for it to appear.

Lancs Harp
23-12-2018, 08:25 PM
It takes about five minutes to show up. I released my st last time this happened and my pal was waiting to buy it. He was zoomed in on my seat. Took just over five minutes of refreshing the screen for it to appear.

Ive logged in abut 20 times in the last two days ... no luck yet but I live in hope.

Iggy Pope
23-12-2018, 08:41 PM
Ive logged in abut 20 times in the last two days ... no luck yet but I live in hope.

I’ve a mate who is in Nerja on holiday from this Friday and cannot attend.
I’ve just alerted him to this initiative. If he gets off his backside there will be two very good front seats in the FF Upper up soon.
Persevere.

Cardinal G
23-12-2018, 10:11 PM

Stick with it. I logged in as I have been doing since last night and hit lucky this time. It's pure chance but worth it, I've a very happy mate whose going now.

Cammy
23-12-2018, 10:22 PM
Really ? I was hoping to upgrade my daughters ST for the derby so one of my mates could come, I was able to do this last season but not tried this season

I tried to upgrade my sons ST yesterday for my wife to go but they wouldn’t allow it. They said that this has just started this season. Explains all the empty seats as they can’t be upgraded or resold.

Cammy
23-12-2018, 10:23 PM
Great move by the club!

The club are preventing them being filled.

Cammy
23-12-2018, 10:29 PM
They need to make the family section in the south stand as cat B tickets then the club could sell out the famous five lower for the visit of Hearts and make more money.

Why :confused: so that my son, daughter and me who miss about 1 or 2 games max a season miss the games against Rangers, Celtic and Hearts so that some part timers can go to the best games, aye ok :rolleyes:

Doh Rae Me
23-12-2018, 10:42 PM
The club obviously see a problem with the FF lower and they think this will solve it for next season. A complete bummer for me as I was gonna get a ticket from a friend who was upgrading as their child couldn't attend.
I can see both sides as there does appear to be plenty empty seats in the stand for standard games.
If true, time will tell, if it's a good call from Hibs tho may not look too good to see empty seats there on tv.

Hibeesforever
23-12-2018, 10:43 PM
I tried to upgrade my sons ST yesterday for my wife to go but they wouldn’t allow it. They said that this has just started this season. Explains all the empty seats as they can’t be upgraded or resold.

The club are a shambles at the moment with no upgrades, I was told it was only in exceptional circumstances, my Fiancé is going and I had to prove my son was attending. Ticket was full price no upgrade allowance was given. Ridiculous policy in my view.

Sioux
24-12-2018, 09:49 AM
The club are a shambles at the moment with no upgrades, I was told it was only in exceptional circumstances, my Fiancé is going and I had to prove my son was attending. Ticket was full price no upgrade allowance was given. Ridiculous policy in my view.

If I had a couple of kids tickets in the FF lower, I'd be wary of releasing tickets for these big games - especially hertz. There's always a good chance that the purchasers 'forget' where they are sitting and behave inappropriately. I don't think it is a good idea to subject other kids to hearing foul and abusive language.

I believe that's the policy, and that fits with having a family section in the first place. You either have a family section or you don't. It's hardly ridiculous.

If you've ever been in the 'family section' at Hampden, you'll know what I' mean.

Itsnoteasy
24-12-2018, 11:05 AM
If I had a couple of kids tickets in the FF lower, I'd be wary of releasing tickets for these big games - especially hertz. There's always a good chance that the purchasers 'forget' where they are sitting and behave inappropriately. I don't think it is a good idea to subject other kids to hearing foul and abusive language.

I believe that's the policy, and that fits with having a family section in the first place. You either have a family section or you don't. It's hardly ridiculous.

If you've ever been in the 'family section' at Hampden, you'll know what I' mean.

No need to worry about the purchasers forgetting where they are.
There are plenty a££hol3s in the Family section who are season ticket holders who constantly use foul & abusive language. I pulled a guy up for it in his 60's sitting there with his grand kids using every expletive he could. Made no difference he still continues every week.