21-12-2018, 05:16 PM
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=xkRcCmpfEJg&feature=youtu.be

A nice wee cartoon I found on facebook

I loved this video :top marks

TT07
21-12-2018, 05:58 PM

Great video, reminded me of climbing the old east terrace stairs when i was a nipper. Light headed at the top but the scene was magnificent looking down onto the pitch.

scuttle
21-12-2018, 06:11 PM

Excellent, cannae believe i had a lump in my throat watching a cartoon

HibbyAndy
21-12-2018, 06:17 PM
Great video, reminded me of climbing the old east terrace stairs when i was a nipper. Light headed at the top but the scene was magnificent looking down onto the pitch.

Exactly how i remember it , Got to the top and couldn't wait to feast my eyes on the pitch and see the players warming up

Scottie
21-12-2018, 09:02 PM
:agree: That first sight from the top of the old east will live with me forever. Usually one of the first ones in at 1 pm to get a good standing spot, pie and a flask. Crazy how time has changed things.

Broken Gnome
21-12-2018, 09:15 PM
I'm not weeping. You're weeping. Shut up.

Hi Heid Yin
21-12-2018, 11:24 PM
My dad (long passed and a Hibby to boot) lifted his wee laddie (yours truly) over the turnstiles back in the 60s.

I can remember being passed to one of my uncles on the other side.

The climb up those stairs to the mammoth East Terracing was worth it.

The views were breath-taking.

It was like looking down onto a subbuteo pitch.

I can still see my dad and a bunch of my uncles all huddled together, laughing and joking, stopping intermittently for a wee nip from a wee silver bottle.

My uncle Derek was (indeed still is, though getting on a bit) a Jambo, but he came along regardless...yes, sometimes to take the p..sh out of our boys, but it really was good hearted banter.

It was not unknown in those days to go to Easter Road one Saturday and Tynecastle the following Saturday ...anything to see a game of footie!

No segregation or "vermin" or "Big Team/Wee team" references back then.

I'm so glad that I was there to witness the end of an era.

BILLYHIBS
22-12-2018, 03:49 AM
Brilliant! :boo hoo:

Fife-Hibee
22-12-2018, 07:52 AM
💚💚💚 😭

IDHibs
22-12-2018, 08:01 AM
My dad (long passed and a Hibby to boot) lifted his wee laddie (yours truly) over the turnstiles back in the 60s.

I can still see my dad and a bunch of my uncles all huddled together, laughing and joking, stopping intermittently for a wee nip from a wee silver bottle.

My uncle Derek was (indeed still is, though getting on a bit) a Jambo, but he came along regardless...yes, sometimes to take the p..sh out of our boys, but it really was good hearted banter.

It was not unknown in those days to go to Easter Road one Saturday and Tynecastle the following Saturday ...anything to see a game of footie!

Excellent LL.... just as i remember it. Whole family met on the top terrace on alternative Saty's, Aunts, uncles, cousins , the whole shebang. Auld man would take me alone to tynie the following Sat'ys primarily methinks so he could grab a couple in the Wheatie pre match. He rarely encouraged the maroon balloons but my mind was made up anyway after my first sight from the top terrace of the hibs appearing from the tunnel.

BILLYHIBS
22-12-2018, 08:58 AM

:top marks

Keith_M
22-12-2018, 09:01 AM
That's actually really good.

Newcastlehibby
22-12-2018, 09:16 AM
I'm not weeping. You're weeping. Shut up.

Me too. Bloody hell!

One Day Soon
22-12-2018, 09:32 AM

That’s irresponsible. Cup Final leakage all over again. “You’re a wee softie” says Mrs ODS.

It’s poetry though.

CockneyRebel
22-12-2018, 09:35 AM
A nice wee cartoon I found on facebook[/QUOTE]

Like all good "weepies" the ending is a lump in the throat moment.

The Harp
22-12-2018, 09:37 AM
:agree: That first sight from the top of the old east will live with me forever. Usually one of the first ones in at 1 pm to get a good standing spot, pie and a flask. Crazy how time has changed things.

Oh the nostalgia. The upper section of the high terracing was my first regular vantage point too in the mid 50's. In those days, the massive set of steps at the back of the east hadn't been built and the high terracing hadn't been concreted and was formed of railway sleepers.
The memories of those days are still with me too, and always will be.

Jim44
22-12-2018, 12:39 PM
Lovely bit of animation. I wonder who made it. Reminds me of 64 years ago when my dad took me to ER for the first time.

Baader
22-12-2018, 05:25 PM
Brilliant. Well done.