PDA

View Full Version : Team for Livi

Souter96Mac
21-12-2018, 08:37 AM
Same team again? Or do we give it a slight rotation? Mallan didn't have the best of games on Wednesday, obviously Rocky sounds like he's out and Bogdan will be back in. What are we thinking?

makaveli1875
21-12-2018, 08:41 AM
Same team again? Or do we give it a slight rotation? Mallan didn't have the best of games on Wednesday, obviously Rocky sounds like he's out and Bogdan will be back in. What are we thinking?

Not sure Whitty could do 3 games in a week

Bogdan

Efe
Porto
McGregor

Boyle
Slivka
Milligan
Hyndman
Stevenson

Kamberi
MacLaren

B.H.F.C
21-12-2018, 08:53 AM
Need to freshen it up. There were some heavy legs on Wednesday.

Not sure what I’d do though. Would expect Boyle to play.

Must win game.

danhibees1875
21-12-2018, 09:02 AM

Bogdan

Efe
Porto
McGregor

Boyle
Slivka
Milligan
Hyndman
Stevenson

Kamberi
MacLaren

I'm not sure about changing to a back 3 after the recent success of a 4-4-2. Although I agree we could do with resting some players with a busy week ahead and past - I'd imagine Whittaker would be one of the ones needing it most.

We also don't have much RB option unless SDG is back as was once reported for this game, or if we play Efe at RB which would be a shame as he's been a rock for us recently, and him and Porto have developed a great partnership together.

I think I'd gamble with Efe at RB unless SW is 100% and SDG can play a part over the next week, combined with a couple more rotations and using the Aussies while we can:

Bogdan
Ambrose Porteous Hanlon Stevenson
Boyle Slivka Milligan Hyndman
Maclaren Kamberi

Heisenberg
21-12-2018, 09:05 AM
Bogdan

Gray/Mavrias/Whittaker (whoever is fittest)
Ambrose
Porteous
Stevenson

Boyle
Hyndman
Slivka
Mackie

Kamberi
MacLaren

SirDavidsNapper
21-12-2018, 09:07 AM
Jamie Mac in for Shaw only change for me

JDHibs
21-12-2018, 09:11 AM
Same team depending on fitness/energy.

Whittaker was clearly struggling after 70mins on Wednesday and was holding his groin/hip at points. Probably not got 3 games in 6 games in him, especially after the 2 old firm games and how tough they were.

Shift Efe out to right back and put Milligan at centre half. Keep the rest the same as theyve done well past few games.

Sir David Gray
21-12-2018, 09:22 AM
Assuming Hanlon, Gray, Bartley, Agyepong, Laidlaw, Nelom, Mavrias and now Marciano are all out;

Bogdan

Stevenson
Porteous
Ambrose
Whittaker

Milligan
Slivka
Hyndman
Boyle

Shaw
Kamberi

SUBS

Not sure about the goalkeeper
McGregor
Mackie
Horgan
Mallan
Allan
Maclaren

B.H.F.C
21-12-2018, 09:28 AM
Same team depending on fitness/energy.

Whittaker was clearly struggling after 70mins on Wednesday and was holding his groin/hip at points. Probably not got 3 games in 6 games in him, especially after the 2 old firm games and how tough they were.

Shift Efe out to right back and put Milligan at centre half. Keep the rest the same as theyve done well past few games.

If we play with a back four I think the last thing we should do is split the two centre halves up after three clean sheets. Need to try and keep as much consistency as possible.

Agree on Whittaker, don’t expect him to play again tomorrow.

bingo70
21-12-2018, 09:38 AM
I think we need to shuffle things around a bit, not just for fitness reasons but i also think against a midfield like Livi's the diamond could be quite easily nullified if we don't have any out balls again, we need to stretch the game further.

I'd go with a conventional 442.

Bogdan

Whittaker
Efe
Porteous
Stevenson

Boyle
Milligan
Mallan
Hyndman

Kamberi
MacLaren

eastterrace
21-12-2018, 09:50 AM

Bogdan

Efe
Porto
McGregor

Boyle
Slivka
Milligan
Hyndman
Stevenson

Kamberi
MacLaren

Glad you ain’t picking the team , Mallon was superb against celtic so he is a stick onto play unless he is injured as he was holding his groin at end of the game .

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

we are hibs
21-12-2018, 09:58 AM
Bogdan

Boyle/Gray depending if hes fit
Ambrose
Porteous
Stevenson

Slivka
Mallan
Hyndman
Horgan (injured?)

Kamberi
Maclaren

ian cruise
21-12-2018, 10:17 AM
Similar team if possible, need some consistency and not to panic after one bad game where we still gained an important point.

Bogdan

Gray/Mavrias/Whittaker (whoever is most fit). Hopefully Gray gets some time on pitch though, we've missed him massively.
Ambrose
Porteous
Stevenson

Slivka
Mallan
Hyndman
Boyle

Kamberi
Maclaren

neil7908
21-12-2018, 10:32 AM
I'd seriously be looking at getting Mackie into the team. Depending on fitness I'd go:

Bogdan

Whittaker Ambrose Porteous Stevenson

Boyle Slivka Hyndman Mackie

Kamberi McLaren

If Whittaker isn't fit then move Ambrose to right back and bring McGregor into defence.

bigwheel
21-12-2018, 10:54 AM
You would drop out Mallan for Mackie ?

J-C
21-12-2018, 11:02 AM
Depends who's fit to play, depending on that.

Bogdan

Gray
Efe
Porteous
Stevenson

Milligan

Slivka
Mallan
Hyndman

Kamberi
MacLaren

BOB MARLEYS DUG
21-12-2018, 11:05 AM
Bogdan

Ambrose
Milligan
Porteous
Stevenson

Mallan
Slivka
Hyndman
Boyle

McLaren
Kamberi

BoomtownHibees
21-12-2018, 11:09 AM
Bogdan

Ambrose
Milligan
Porteous
Stevenson

Mallan
Slivka
Hyndman
Boyle

McLaren
Kamberi

I wouldn’t be looking to split up the 2 centre half’s and if that is the only option then it wouldn’t be Milligan in there for me

J-C
21-12-2018, 11:23 AM
Bogdan

Ambrose
Milligan
Porteous
Stevenson

Mallan
Slivka
Hyndman
Boyle

McLaren
Kamberi

Milligan had a stinker as CH before, why much around with a successful pairing unless maybe to bring Hanlon back in.

superfurryhibby
21-12-2018, 11:32 AM
Mackie should start, as should McLaren.

Mackie added drive and put some fantastic balls in. We will be in their box and I would expect McLaren to stick one away.

Midfield is a conundrum. Inconsistent, all of them.

EH54
21-12-2018, 11:42 AM
Bodgan

Whittaker
Ambrose
Porteous
Stevenson

Milligan
Mackie
Slivka
Hyndman

Kamberi
Boyle

Not sure the diamond is the way to go against Livi..but we aren't very good atm and at least compete in a diamond so it's a tough call. I'd stick with it but go a bit more adventurous, Put balls in the box or high balls it's meat and drink to they Livi defenders, we need to pull them about. I'd stick Kamberi and Boyle up against them to give them something to think about..the space will be out wide and in behind their wing backs. So id be telling Stevenson and Whittaker to play as high as they can to open up space for the likes of hyndman with Milligan filling in as a third centre back at times. Or even covering for Ambrose if he goes on one of his runs.

calumhibee1
21-12-2018, 11:45 AM
Bogdan

Gray🙏🏼Or Whittaker
Efe
Porteous
Stevenson

Mallan
Slivka
Hyndman

Boyle
Flo
Horgan

J-C
21-12-2018, 11:49 AM
Bogdan

Gray🙏🏼Or Whittaker
Efe
Porteous
Stevenson

Mallan
Slivka
Hyndman

Boyle
Flo
Horgan

I thought about that team also as long as both Boyle and Horgan started as out and out wide men and not Horgan in the hole and Boyle as striker. Swap Horgan for Maclaren and go for 3 up top and have a go.

calumhibee1
21-12-2018, 11:53 AM
I thought about that team also as long as both Boyle and Horgan started as out and out wide men and not Horgan in the hole and Boyle as striker. Swap Horgan for Maclaren and go for 3 up top and have a go.

Aye I would have them as proper wingers in my team. Maybe even more of a 4-2-3-1 with Hyndman or Mallan behind Flo and the other two out wide.

geohibby
21-12-2018, 12:09 PM
I don't think he will dtop Shaw, think he is trying to give him a good run of games to see if he is the real deal ir not.

yerauldda
21-12-2018, 12:16 PM
Bogdan
Slivka Mallan Hyndman
Boyle Kamberi Horgan

OR

Bogdan
Ambrose Porteous Hanlon
Boyle Hyndman Mallan Slivka Mackie
Shaw Kamberi

Blaster
21-12-2018, 12:26 PM
Bogdan
Slivka Mallan Hyndman
Boyle Kamberi Horgan

OR

Bogdan
Ambrose Porteous Hanlon
Boyle Hyndman Mallan Slivka Mackie
Shaw Kamberi

Your 1st one for me 👍

Inconsequential
21-12-2018, 12:51 PM
Bogdan, Whittaker, Stevenson, Milligan, Porteous, Ambrose, Mallan, Boyle, Durie, Kamberi, MacKie.

erin go bragh
21-12-2018, 12:53 PM
I don't think he will dtop Shaw, think he is trying to give him a good run of games to see if he is the real deal ir not.
Shaws run was superb when he got in front of der Hun defender . His finish was not but he will learn from it .

500miles
21-12-2018, 01:21 PM
Since Whittaker couldn't run for the last half hour and kept holding his thigh, I think he'll be out against Livingstone.

hibsquaker
21-12-2018, 01:35 PM
Since Whittaker couldn't run for the last half hour and kept holding his thigh, I think he'll be out against Livingstone.

Couldn't McGregor play there? I thought he was Rangers' player of the year at that position wasn't he? Yet we've never seen him there even in emergencies. Could be wrong like!

we are hibs
21-12-2018, 01:45 PM
Couldn't McGregor play there? I thought he was Rangers' player of the year at that position wasn't he? Yet we've never seen him there even in emergencies. Could be wrong like!

Did he not come on against raith in the cup in 2016 and play there? Might have been Gunnarsson's debut and he went off injured.

JimBHibees
21-12-2018, 01:51 PM

Could play Efe there and bring Darren back in the middle if short of full backs. Given Livi are a big threat at set plays may make sense to bring Darren in.

Team would be

Bogdan

Efe
Darren
Porteous
Lewis

Mallen
Milligan

Slivka
Hyndman
Boyle

Flo

J-C
21-12-2018, 02:59 PM
Bogdan, Whittaker, Stevenson, Milligan, Porteous, Ambrose, Mallan, Boyle, Durie, Kamberi, MacKie.

I know things haven't been great but I think at 53 Gordon Durie is a bit past it. :greengrin

Sir David Gray
21-12-2018, 03:50 PM
Mallan's apparently out as well now with a groin strain.

JimBHibees
21-12-2018, 04:10 PM
Mallan's apparently out as well now with a groin strain.

Oh brilliant it never rains it pours.

Billy Whizz
21-12-2018, 04:25 PM
Gray seemingly is fit, wonder if we’ll start with him. 3 games in a week is a tall order for someone out for so long
Milligan will slot in to play the Mallon role I’d have thought. If we go 442, wonder if Mackie will get a chance, if it’s a diamond midfield

B.H.F.C
21-12-2018, 04:27 PM
Gray seemingly is fit, wonder if we’ll start with him. 3 games in a week is a tall order for someone out for so long
Milligan will slot in to play the Mallon role I’d have thought. If we go 442, wonder if Mackie will get a chance, if it’s a diamond midfield

If Gray is fit I think he’ll start tomorrow, miss ibrox, start the derby.

calumhibee1
21-12-2018, 04:40 PM
If Gray is fit I think he’ll start tomorrow, miss ibrox, start the derby.

If he can’t play all three then that’s definitely the way I would use him.

number9dream
21-12-2018, 04:44 PM
I like the idea of Boyle & Mackie getting to the byeline and cutting balls in for Kamberi & Shaw / MacLaren.
But if we just have just two central players then they could be chewed up by Livi’s dogs of war.
3-5-2 might the way to go.
If Whittaker & Mallan are now on the injured list, then Lenny will need to come up with a new plan.

Zazu62
21-12-2018, 05:10 PM
Play Mackie and Gullan. Perfect time to put them in because of injuries/fatigue

B.H.F.C
21-12-2018, 05:27 PM
Play Mackie and Gullan. Perfect time to put them in because of injuries/fatigue

I’d say it’s the opposite. Tomorrow is must win so I wouldn’t be throwing them both in. Mackie has shown he can handle it so fair enough if he plays. Gullan is a no though.

we are hibs
21-12-2018, 05:56 PM
If Boyle starts I hope it's out wide and not upfront.

Hibby Kay-Yay
21-12-2018, 06:37 PM
................Bogdan...................

Gray Efe Porteous Stevenson

................Milligan....................

......Slivka.............Mackie........

................Hyndman................

............Boyle..........Flo............

CMurdoch
21-12-2018, 09:56 PM
................. Bogdan.....................

Gray...... Efe........Porteous Stevenson

................... Milligan....................

......Slivka.......................Boyle.....

...................Hyndman...................

............MacLaren......Flo.................

Team based on the likelihood that Whittaker and Mallan are injured.

Tomorrow we need to move the ball quickly and accurately along the ground between the midfield and the strikers using the channels.
Likewise the ball should be struck low into the box for the strikers and runners when playing it in from the flanks.

Borderhibbie76
21-12-2018, 09:57 PM
Bodgan

Whittaker
Ambrose
Porteous
Stevenson

Milligan
Mackie
Slivka
Hyndman

Kamberi
Boyle

Not sure the diamond is the way to go against Livi..but we aren't very good atm and at least compete in a diamond so it's a tough call. I'd stick with it but go a bit more adventurous, Put balls in the box or high balls it's meat and drink to they Livi defenders, we need to pull them about. I'd stick Kamberi and Boyle up against them to give them something to think about..the space will be out wide and in behind their wing backs. So id be telling Stevenson and Whittaker to play as high as they can to open up space for the likes of hyndman with Milligan filling in as a third centre back at times. Or even covering for Ambrose if he goes on one of his runs.Your negativity knows no bounds does it..."we aren't very good"?? U like to drip your negativity across all threads I see. We have just gone unbeaten and 2 clean sheets against the uglies. We aren't that bad ffs

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

EH54
21-12-2018, 09:59 PM
Your negativity knows no bounds does it..."we aren't very good"?? U like to drip your negativity across all threads I see. We have just gone unbeaten and 2 clean sheets against the uglies. We aren't that bad ffs

We aren't very good. No point sugar coating it. We beat Hamilton, best a Celtic side that weren't at the races and luckily got away with a draw against der Hun. The league table doesn't lie I'm afraid. Up to hibs to make the fans more positive. Nothing I say effects what goes on during the 90minutes. I'll be supportive at the games but I'm no daft either.

Borderhibbie76
21-12-2018, 10:03 PM
We aren't very good. No point sugar coating it. We beat Hamilton, best a Celtic side that weren't at the races and luckily got away with a draw against der Hun. The league table doesn't lie I'm afraid. Up to hibs to make the fans more positive. Nothing I say effects what goes on during the 90minutes. I'll be supportive at the games but I'm no daft either.Whatever...u seem to revel in knocking your own team so bash on. Trying to down play our resounding win over Celtic the double treble winners is just plain bizarre...u must be a joy to be at the Xmas dinner table with dude...lighten up

EH54
21-12-2018, 10:08 PM
Whatever...u seem to revel in knocking your own team so bash on. Trying to down play our resounding win over Celtic the double treble winners is just plain bizarre...u must be a joy to be at the Xmas dinner table with dude...lighten up

Its a football forum mate, with all due respect it's for people to speak their opinions. I've not been impressed with hibs this season, and if you look at the squad against Celtic it wasn't good enough either, great result yes. Tried hard yes, Fantastic, but can't expect that team to do that every week as it's not good enough simple as that. And they don't or haven't been working as hard as that every week.

Borderhibbie76
21-12-2018, 10:11 PM
Its a football forum mate, with all due respect it's for people to speak their opinions. I've not been impressed with hibs this season, and if you look at the squad against Celtic it wasn't good enough either, great result yes. Tried hard yes, Fantastic, but can't expect that team to do that every week as it's not good enough simple as that. And they don't or haven't been working as hard as that every week.So you weren't impressed when we were sitting 2nd in the table 2 months ago then?? I'm not disputing we've had a poor run of form but the shoots of recovery are showing in the last 3 week's...don't get your constant negativity really. But we can agree to disagree. There is room for improvement in Jan I agree but I really don't think we are as bad as you are making out. We are 9 pts off the top of the league as things stand??

EH54
21-12-2018, 10:16 PM
So you weren't impressed when we were sitting 2nd in the table 2 months ago then?? I'm not disputing we've had a poor run of form but the shoots of recovery are showing in the last 3 week's...don't get your constant negativity really. But we can agree to disagree. There is room for improvement in Jan I agree but I really don't think we are as bad as you are making out. We are 9 pts off the top of the league as things stand??

I don't think it's major. On the Mallan thread I said between recruitment and injury's, Injury's definitely haven't helped. 3 or 4 quality addiions in the right positions with the right character would see us sound again. I'm not getting too beaten up about it, just saying how I see it. We all want the best for the club, 3 points tomorrow and like I say it will go along way. Mon the cabbage.

wookie70
21-12-2018, 10:26 PM
Amazing how few pick Shaw. He has scored a couple and looked more likely against The Rangers than Flo did. One of the problems we have had this year, imo, is players never know if they are coming or going due to the constant changes in formation and personnel. We have just picked up 4 points against the uglies and a win before that. Flo and Shaw have started all those games and the back 4 has remained the same for the last 3 games barring Whittaker coming in for Mavrias. Just change if changes are needed when you are picking up a good number of points. If Mallan is the only injury bar Rocky leave the starting line up alone but bring Milligan in for Mallan. It's not as if any of those on the bench have done anything in the last couple of months to warrant coming back in.

Stuart93
21-12-2018, 11:33 PM
Amazing how few pick Shaw. He has scored a couple and looked more likely against The Rangers than Flo did. One of the problems we have had this year, imo, is players never know if they are coming or going due to the constant changes in formation and personnel. We have just picked up 4 points against the uglies and a win before that. Flo and Shaw have started all those games and the back 4 has remained the same for the last 3 games barring Whittaker coming in for Mavrias. Just change if changes are needed when you are picking up a good number of points. If Mallan is the only injury bar Rocky leave the starting line up alone but bring Milligan in for Mallan. It's not as if any of those on the bench have done anything in the last couple of months to warrant coming back in.

Think Shaw’s looked decent the past couple games. Missed a couple chances v the rangers but thought his hold up play and bringing others into play was good.

Brightside
22-12-2018, 06:55 AM
Think we will see a 451 / 433. Boyle to start. Him and Horgan on the wings.

we are hibs
22-12-2018, 07:14 AM
Think we will see a 451 / 433. Boyle to start. Him and Horgan on the wings.

Won't be expecting much from kamberi if that's the case. Don't think he likes being up there on his own. (Assuming he starts)

eastcoasthibby
22-12-2018, 07:49 AM
I think we will go 1 - 3-1- 4 -2 today given the personnel available

Bogdan

Efe Daz Porteous
Milligan
Boyle Slivka Hyndman Stevenson
Shaw Kamberi

Having said this I actually think I would bring McLaren in he has a point to make before going away with the Oz squad and I think he is what the big Livi defenders cope least well with in someone who is nippy around the box. Going long and high against them will be madness, we need to get it wide, low crosses and to feet.
Hopefully NL has told our players to avoid giving away corners or free kicks at all costs that let them put the ball in the box, as they attack the ball very well in these situations.

Heisenberg
22-12-2018, 08:20 AM
Won't be expecting much from kamberi if that's the case. Don't think he likes being up there on his own. (Assuming he starts)

He’s going to have to adapt his game to be able to play up there by himself, he won’t get very far in the game if he always needs a striking partner beside him. We also need more from Boyle/Horgan out wide and the supporting midfielders whoever they may be.

J-C
22-12-2018, 09:47 AM
If we go one up top you need 3 attacking mids behind, 2 wide and 1 behind him, 4-2-3-1

Blaster
22-12-2018, 10:05 AM
If we go one up top you need 3 attacking mids behind, 2 wide and 1 behind him, 4-2-3-1

I think similar could be an option depending on availability
4-1-4-1 with Milligan holding.

I just think for today’s game on the back of the Celtic and Rangers games we need the extra player in the middle of the park

Golden Bear
22-12-2018, 10:14 AM
Porteous has been putting in some outstanding performance and should be an automatic pick for today. I just hope his confidence hasn't been dented after the controversy surrounding his tackle on Coulibally.

Stuart93
22-12-2018, 10:23 AM
David Gray is in the squad, unsure if it’ll be the bench or starting 11

Hibeesmad
22-12-2018, 10:27 AM
Bogdan

Ambrose
Milligan
Porteous
Stevenson

Mallan
Hyndman
Slivka

Boyle
Kamberi
MacLaren

Billychaotic182
22-12-2018, 10:30 AM
Bogdan

Whittaker
Ambrose
Porteous
Stevenson

Milligan
Slivka

Boyle
Hyndman
Horgan

Kamberi

hibs#1
22-12-2018, 12:02 PM
4-3-3 for me today not sure who's all fit.

makaveli1875
22-12-2018, 12:05 PM
David Gray is in the squad, unsure if it’ll be the bench or starting 11

If he's fit he's got to play

Bogdan

Gray
Efe
Porteous
Stevenson

Boyle
Slivka
Hyndman
Mackie

Kamberi
Shaw/Maclaren

Jim Herriot
22-12-2018, 12:51 PM
With Marciano and Laidlaw currently injured, did we manage to recall Dabrowski from his loan?

Billy Whizz
22-12-2018, 12:51 PM
With Marciano and Laidlaw currently injured, did we manage to recall Dabrowski from his loan?

We did

Allant1981
22-12-2018, 12:54 PM
We did

On the bench today

Hannah_hfc
22-12-2018, 12:56 PM
https://twitter.com/hibernianfc/status/1076475222906281984?s=21

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk