PDA

View Full Version : Jamie Maclaren

Pages : [1] 2

RossScott1991
20-12-2018, 04:47 PM
Sat thinking last night here is a guy who bagged a hat-trick vs rangers last season, sat on bench yet again for a whole 90minutes. Even when our squad has been at its most weakest with injuries and he's been fit to play he can no longer get a game. I was buzzing when we resigned him, Kamberi and Maclaren together this time for a whole season I had images of 30+ goals between them. Fast forward a few months and I just don't see how he gets into the starting 11 anymore. What does the future hold for him? No way would he would command a 400k fee now.

Ryan69
20-12-2018, 04:51 PM
Sat thinking last night here is a guy who bagged a hat-trick vs rangers last season, sat on bench yet again for a whole 90minutes. Even when our squad has been at its most weakest with injuries and he's been fit to play he can no longer get a game. I was buzzing when we resigned him, Kamberi and Maclaren together this time for a whole season I had images of 30+ goals between them. Fast forward a few months and I just don't see how he gets into the starting 11 anymore. What does the future hold for him? No way would he would command a 400k fee now.

Fit enough when Australia play..Never fit when Hibs play.
Complete waste of a wage this season...1 goal to show.

Better getting shot of.

Gmack7
20-12-2018, 04:58 PM
play him with Flo on sat v livi

FRes Hibbie
20-12-2018, 05:00 PM
Probably pretty expensive in wages too.

Hermit Crab
20-12-2018, 05:04 PM
Fit enough when Australia play..Never fit when Hibs play.
Complete waste of a wage this season...1 goal to show.

Better getting shot of.

Agree, he's murder anyway.

Famous Fiver
20-12-2018, 05:07 PM
Thank god Ryan 69 is nowhere near our management team. Doesn't half expound some guff.

In my opinion MacLaren would have been on as a sub but the injury and replacement of Rocky, which was not in NL's game plan, put paid to that option.

Opinions, eh!!

easty
20-12-2018, 05:07 PM

He’s not.

calumhibee1
20-12-2018, 05:15 PM
Thank god Ryan 69 is nowhere near our management team. Doesn't half expound some guff.

In my opinion MacLaren would have been on as a sub but the injury and replacement of Rocky, which was not in NL's game plan, put paid to that option.

Opinions, eh!!

I thought that aswell but then he’s not made it off the bench a lot of other games recently either. As the weeks keep going by he’s looking less and less likely to make an impact at us this season. People keep suggesting it’ll take Allan ages to get match fit if he signs but Maclaren has played that little football lately that the same could be said for him.

jacomo
20-12-2018, 05:16 PM

Well he gets into the starting 11 by taking his chance and scoring goals.

I’d have thought that was fairly obvious?

He’s had a terrible first half of this season, no doubt, but there is still hope.

Tug Wilson
Some people on here are brutal. Any dip in form and players are suddenly a waste of a wage and we should bin them.

As the OP points out Maclaren scored a hat trick last game of last season and everyone (almost) was desperate for him to come back.

Thankfully the management will have more faith in the player than some on here and we will see him scoring more goals soon.

The_Horde
I thought that aswell but then he’s not made it off the bench a lot of other games recently either. As the weeks keep going by he’s looking less and less likely to make an impact at us this season.

He's carrying a back injury and isn't fully match fit.

Winston Ingram
20-12-2018, 05:20 PM
A run of tap ins meant his stats made him look a better player than he was and i think he's been found out.

You need to have a lot more to your game these days than occasional tap-in and he doesn't.

I wouldn't surprise me if he was sent back to Darmstadt in Jan.

Viva_Palmeiras
20-12-2018, 05:27 PM
A run of tap ins meant his stats made him look a better player than he was and i think he's been found out.

You need to have a lot more to your game these days than occasional tap-in and he doesn't.

As we all know Tap-ins don’t count and besides we have plenty other folks scoring tap-ins - not.

Ryan69
20-12-2018, 05:28 PM

Opinions, eh!!

Glad your not either tobe honest.

The guy has 1 goal to his name this season...and we will be paying a nice chunk of his wage

Viva_Palmeiras
20-12-2018, 05:29 PM

Dont let that get in the way of a whinge.

hibbydog
20-12-2018, 05:30 PM

Utter bollocks.

I’d be delighted if he had a run of tap ins again.

All goals count as one goal, whether they are screamers or not.

A Hi-Bee
20-12-2018, 05:31 PM

Jamie Mac would have buried the two good chances that young Oli missed, while I do think in my humble that Oli could be a good player it just seams that at times he is just not brave enough to really get in where it may hurt.

Jamie I am sure will re-form his partnership with Flo once fully fit and getting a run of games.
:thumbsup:

Winston Ingram
20-12-2018, 05:31 PM
As we all know Tap-ins don’t count and besides we have plenty other folks scoring tap-ins - not.

Strange response

A Hi-Bee
20-12-2018, 05:33 PM
Utter bollocks.

Dont care if forwards put them in with their arse, seem to remember a few in the past scoring such goals you just have to be right in the mix to be able to get so called tap ins.

Winston Ingram
20-12-2018, 05:36 PM
Utter bollocks.

Utter bollocks?

Can ye name another centre forward playing level football anywhere that only has that string to his bow?

The rest of his game is diabolical.

danhibees1875
20-12-2018, 05:38 PM
Strange response

He's got a point. You only get a tap in if you get into the opposition box and evade your marker.

For ages we were crying out for someone who would do that and now it's not good enough. I hope we see him over the next couple of games, at least to give him a chance and for rotation purposes.

JimBHibees
20-12-2018, 05:38 PM

:faf:

calumhibee1
20-12-2018, 05:42 PM

I saw that elsewhere (might even have been yourself that said it?) Regardless he’s still offered very little so far whether that’s the reason or not and the longer this goes on the less likely he is to make any form of impact this season. Presuming he doesn’t make any impact before new year then he’ll not even be around until Feb.

Some people on here are brutal. Any dip in form and players are suddenly a waste of a wage and we should bin them.

As the OP points out Maclaren scored a hat trick last game of last season and everyone (almost) was desperate for him to come back.

Thankfully the management will have more faith in the player than some on here and we will see him scoring more goals soon.

We’ve been hearing for god knows how long that he’ll be back scoring goals soon to be fair to the people criticising him. Its pretty hard to argue that he has been anything other than a waste of a wage so far because we’ve had next to nothing out of him.

Heisenberg
20-12-2018, 05:43 PM
Oh good, another thread to cover the same ground all over again. Some folk think he’s pish. Some folk see the value in having a player that scores goals opposed to bottling easy chances (see Shaw’s two last night as an example).

Bob1875
20-12-2018, 05:45 PM
Would have at least got one of Shaws efforts on target last night

Connollys11
20-12-2018, 05:48 PM
Sat thinking last night here is a guy who bagged a hat-trick vs rangers last season, sat on bench yet again for a whole 90minutes. Even when our squad has been at its most weakest with injuries and he's been fit to play he can no longer get a game. I was buzzing when we resigned him, Kamberi and Maclaren together this time for a whole season I had images of 30+ goals between them. Fast forward a few months and I just don't see how he gets into the starting 11 anymore. What does the future hold for him? No way would he would command a 400k fee now. I reckon his time is up at Easter road can see him being returned back to that German club to free up a wage cause he's been a waste of one.

A Hi-Bee
20-12-2018, 05:52 PM
I reckon his time is up at Easter road can see him being returned back to that German club to free up a wage cause he's been a waste of one.

I think mabey that will be for Neil Lennon and the club to decide and not a load of bull*****rs on a football forum.

Nicho87
20-12-2018, 05:54 PM
Good player? Yes
Better than shaw? Probably just a yes
Match fit? No
Form this season? Poor
Can we sign better? Probably
Has he had good service like last season? No

Conclusion. Who knows.

Winston Ingram
20-12-2018, 06:01 PM
He's got a point. You only get a tap in if you get into the opposition box and evade your marker.

For ages we were crying out for someone who would do that and now it's not good enough. I hope we see him over the next couple of games, at least to give him a chance and for rotation purposes.

I’m not disputing he can do that but a striker needs to have more to their game than that these days. That’s why there are no other strikers anywhere like him at top level football.

Borderhibbie76
20-12-2018, 06:02 PM
Jamie Mac would have buried the two good chances that young Oli missed, while I do think in my humble that Oli could be a good player it just seams that at times he is just not brave enough to really get in where it may hurt.

Jamie I am sure will re-form his partnership with Flo once fully fit and getting a run of games.
[emoji106]Was just gonna post the same all the "experts" on here calling Jamie Mac murder what did they think of the 2 sitters Ollie missed last night. As am pretty certain Maclaren would have buried at least one of them

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Ryan69
20-12-2018, 06:02 PM
Oh good, another thread to cover the same ground all over again. Some folk think he’s pish. Some folk see the value in having a player that scores goals opposed to bottling easy chances (see Shaw’s two last night as an example).

Dont think he is pish...just wish he could start playing and scoring.
Fact is however...He has been a waste of a wage this season,and we simply cant afford to keep a half fit player on sentiments

hibbydog
20-12-2018, 06:12 PM
Good player? Yes
Better than shaw? Probably just a yes
Match fit? No
Form this season? Poor
Can we sign better? Probably
Has he had good service like last season? No

Conclusion. Who knows.

Probably about right

SRHibs
20-12-2018, 06:20 PM
We need better than both Shaw and Maclaren IMO.

Hi Heid Yin
20-12-2018, 06:24 PM
I saw that elsewhere (might even have been yourself that said it?) Regardless he’s still offered very little so far whether that’s the reason or not and the longer this goes on the less likely he is to make any form of impact this season. Presuming he doesn’t make any impact before new year then he’ll not even be around until Feb.

We’ve been hearing for god knows how long that he’ll be back scoring goals soon to be fair to the people criticising him. Its pretty hard to argue that he has been anything other than a waste of a wage so far because we’ve had next to nothing out of him.

:agree: This is my take on Maclaren too.

Hi Heid Yin
20-12-2018, 06:27 PM
We need better than both Shaw and Maclaren IMO.

Maclaren has reached his potential as a player/scorer and has given us absolutely zilch this season and so he can go with my best wishes, but Oli Shaw I'd keep, as he is a natural scorer and a player still developing and a long way off reaching his full potential

Fergos
20-12-2018, 06:31 PM
Utter bollocks?

Can ye name another centre forward playing level football anywhere that only has that string to his bow?

There have been numerous strikers over the years that have not done a lot outside the box and alot of them are / were much better players than our Jamie Mac....McCoist, Muller, Rush, Rossi, Wright to name but a very few....

We should support and back all players who don the Hibees green....it’s the only way.

GGTTH

hibbydog
20-12-2018, 06:44 PM
Utter bollocks?

This type of player is everywhere - Boyd, Cummings etc. We’ve been crying out for a goalscorer for years.

I also think it’s a bit unfair to say the rest of his game is diabolical. His link up play and closing down last season was very good, for example.

But I agree that we’ve not got enough out of him this season, largely due to injuries but also because the team isn’t as good as last year.

we are hibs
20-12-2018, 07:22 PM
Maclaren has reached his potential as a player/scorer and has given us absolutely zilch this season and so he can go with my best wishes, but Oli Shaw I'd keep, as he is a natural scorer and a player still developing and a long way off reaching his full potential

A natural goalscorer would score at least one of the two sitters he missed yesterday.

BILLYHIBS
20-12-2018, 07:25 PM
The goal scoring art is alive and well Jamie please come back and put all these Doubting Thomases in their place

We are lucky to have him!

cabbageandribs1875
20-12-2018, 07:29 PM
A natural goalscorer would score at least one of the two sitters he missed yesterday.

i've not saw it again in replays but the 2nd chance was more to do with the bounce of the ball, it just bounced a tad too high to control properly...imo

BILLYHIBS
20-12-2018, 07:31 PM
i've not saw it again in replays but the 2nd chance was more to do with the bounce of the ball, it just bounced a tad too high to control properly...imo
Good coaching would tell him just to hit it into the ground

SirDavidsNapper
20-12-2018, 07:32 PM

Jeezo thats harsh. He's had a back injury which is the worst kind you can get. Very hard to recover from and can flare up again at any time. He's hardly had a break this season or a run in the team to offer zilch.

we are hibs
20-12-2018, 07:34 PM

The 2nd one he **** himself and stuck a toe out i thought. He could've got it on target if he went in 100% and got his body over it

cabbageandribs1875
20-12-2018, 07:37 PM
The 2nd one he **** himself and stuck a toe out i thought. He could've got it on target if he went in 100% and got his body over it

i was actually going to add above that he possibly could have toe-poked it, you could be right that he knew he was going to get clattered

tamig
20-12-2018, 07:41 PM
Strange response

It wasn’t strange in the slightest. Merely highlighted the irony of your ridiculous post.

easty
20-12-2018, 07:43 PM

He’s 25 year old. Thought he had great movement and good number of goals last season. Aye he’s been poor this season, injured too. He needs to do better, but he’s not reached his potential. Could be a big player for us still this season. In my opinion.

Ronniekirk
20-12-2018, 07:55 PM

Mclaren wasn't match fit when he joined then he picked up a back injury If the back injury has cleared up I don't understand why he isn't getting some game time If it's not he shouldn't be on the Bench
So it's a bit of a Mystery this one But yes we haven't seen him show anything like his form of last Season so far

BILLYHIBS
20-12-2018, 07:58 PM
Was just gonna post the same all the "experts" on here calling Jamie Mac murder what did they think of the 2 sitters Ollie missed last night. As am pretty certain Maclaren would have buried at least one of them

Agree would definitely have hit the target

Winston Ingram
20-12-2018, 08:01 PM
There have been numerous strikers over the years that have not done a lot outside the box and alot of them are / were much better players than our Jamie Mac....McCoist, Muller, Rush, Rossi, Wright to name but a very few....

We should support and back all players who don the Hibees green....it’s the only way.

GGTTH

I didn’t see enough of Muller or Rossi but considering they played over 40 & 30 years ago and I asked for an example in modern football....

As for your other comparisons, despite them being 20 years ago, they all had plenty more to their games.

Rush was brilliant. 2 great feet, pace, power, could beat players, could link play and was probably one of the hardest working strikers i’ve ever seen.
Wright was rapid and was incredibly skillful and a superb touch. Any centre back knew they’d been in a game and he led from the front.
McCoist was another good player. He held the ball up well, linked play and could beat a man.

Maclaren can’t do any of those things. He’s slow, weak, can’t play with his back to goal, his touch is awful and is rarely involved in the game and is lucky to average 15 touches a game.

These days, these strikers don’t exist. Strikers of his ilk and the likes of Mick Quinn, Tommy Tynan were dispensed with years ago which is why you can’t a find a modern example. It soon dawns on managers that if he’s doing **** all for 2 games out of 3, they really aren’t worth picking.

hibbydog
20-12-2018, 08:04 PM
I didn’t see enough of Muller or Rossi but considering they played over 40 & 30 years ago and I asked for an example in modern football....

As for your other comparisons, despite them being 20 years ago, they all had plenty more to their games.

Rush was brilliant. 2 great feet, pace, power, could beat players, could link play and was probably one of the hardest working strikers i’ve ever seen.
Wright was rapid and was incredibly skillful and a superb touch. Any centre back knew they’d been in a game and he led from the front.
McCoist was another good player. He held the ball up well, linked play and could beat a man.

Maclaren can’t do any of those things. He’s slow, weak, can’t play with his back to goal, his touch is awful and is rarely involved in the game and is lucky to average 15 touches a game.

These days, these strikers don’t exist. Strikers of his ilk and the likes of Mick Quinn, Tommy Tynan were dispensed with years ago which is why you can’t a find a modern example. It soon dawns on managers that if he’s doing **** all for 2 games out of 3, they really aren’t worth picking.

Boyd and Cummings?

Winston Ingram
20-12-2018, 08:20 PM
Boyd and Cummings?

Cummings is more similar and backs up my point and why since he’s left Hibs he’s been binned after less than 6 months by 3 clubs. Saying that, he has plenty more to his game than MacLaren. He could beat a man, could put in a great ball and did more regularly get involved in the build up play.

Boyd is also quite similar and his lack of an alround game saw him left out almost every game against decent opposition Rangers had. It was also the reason he’s failed at every club he’s been at outside the SPFL. Saying that, he’s still got more to his game than Maclaren. His hold up /link up play in the 5-3 game last year was superb.

Fergos
20-12-2018, 08:23 PM

Your opinion which you are perfectly entitled too....As I am with mine.

Dont feel the need to form such negative views of Hibs players and have to vent about them on a forum such as this, all for a balanced critique and if I did have such a low opinion of any of our players it probably wouldnt go further than a pub conversation - maybe with the some of the dramatic tones used on here by some....but maybe not.

But thats what football forums / the internet are / is for.....apparently.

hibbydog
20-12-2018, 08:25 PM
Cummings is more similar and backs up my point and why since he’s left Hibs he’s been binned after less than 6 months by 3 clubs. Saying that, he has plenty more to his game than MacLaren. He could be a man, could put in a great ball and did more regularly get involved in the build up play.

Boyd is also quite similar and his lack of an alround game saw him left out almost every game against decent opposition Rangers had. It was also the reason he’s failed at every club he’s been at outside the SPFL. Saying that, he’s still got more to his game than Maclaren. His hold up /link up play in the 5-3 game last year was superb.

Interesting take on things.

I think MacLaren still has plenty to offer and his dip is more to do with injuries and getting worse service than before.

But we can agree to disagree sir.

Winston Ingram
20-12-2018, 08:28 PM
Interesting take on things.

I think MacLaren still has plenty to offer and his dip is more to do with injuries and getting worse service than before.

But we can agree to disagree sir.

We will but I don’t really see it as a dip in form. His standard of play is the same as it was last season, but this season, he’s not managed as many tap ins.

B.H.F.C
20-12-2018, 08:31 PM
With MacLaren, I always feel that there is an excuse for his lack of contribution. He needs Kamberi. He has an injury. He isn’t match fit.

He maybe isn’t match fit but that because he didn’t do nearly enough to stay on the team when he got his chance.

Lennon go rid of two strikers in January who had 18 months left. Don’t think he’d hesitate to cut MacLaren’s loan short if he can.

hibbydog
20-12-2018, 08:37 PM
We will but I don’t really see it as a dip in form. His standard of play is the same as it was last season, but this season, he’s not managed as many tap ins.

Oh Stop it 🙂

I gave up. You can have the last word.

I’m away to argue with my wife instead 😎

Jones28
20-12-2018, 08:37 PM

You're murder

Winston Ingram
20-12-2018, 08:46 PM
Oh Stop it 🙂

I gave up. You can have the last word.

I’m away to argue with my wife instead 😎

😂

Hi Heid Yin
20-12-2018, 08:47 PM

All strikers miss sitters, so I would not hold this against Shaw....and I recall Maclaren doing similar last season.

My main point being that Shaw has bags of room for development, whereas Maclaren is as good as he is ever going to be.

superfurryhibby
20-12-2018, 08:49 PM
You're murder

Agreed, relentless wind up merchant.

McLaren will be here until the season ends. A bit more support wouldn’t hurt.

BILLYHIBS
20-12-2018, 08:50 PM
Something not right with Jamie

Top class striker sitting on the bench

Rookies getting put on before him

Hermit Crab
20-12-2018, 08:52 PM
You're murder

Thank you. :aok:

B.H.F.C
20-12-2018, 08:53 PM

Top class striker sitting on the bench

Rookies getting put on before him

It could just be the fact that he’s not ‘top class’ and the rookies have done more with their time on the pitch lately.

Worth remembering his parent club loaned him to us in the first place because he wasn’t doing anything there either.

BILLYHIBS
20-12-2018, 08:54 PM
Thank you. :aok:

How does that ignore button work again? :greengrin

BILLYHIBS
20-12-2018, 08:59 PM
It could just be the fact that he’s not ‘top class’ and the rookies have done more with their time on the pitch lately.

Worth remembering his parent club loaned him to us in the first place because he wasn’t doing anything there either.

2017/18

played 15 four as a sub scored 8

How about dem apples?

Hi Heid Yin
20-12-2018, 09:02 PM
Jeezo thats harsh. He's had a back injury which is the worst kind you can get. Very hard to recover from and can flare up again at any time. He's hardly had a break this season or a run in the team to offer zilch.

I have a degree of sympathy, but he is still not the player he was last season, and we need every player contributing to our present cause, which is to eat into the deficit separating us from the top 4.

This season has, sadly, been a write-off for Jamie, and how long after his Australia jaunt could we expect him to impact the first team?

For me there are too many questions currently being asked of him and too little time to wait for those answers.

B.H.F.C
20-12-2018, 09:04 PM
2017/18

played 15 four as a sub scored 8

How about dem apples?

Talk to me about 2018/19. As in the current season. How’s that going?

Hi Heid Yin
20-12-2018, 09:14 PM

:agree: Exactly!

RossScott1991
20-12-2018, 09:22 PM
Just want to point out my OP wasn’t to bash Maclaren, was just more me taking stock and realisation of same player who scored a hattrick against rangers suddenly just isn’t getting the minutes in a short space of time. Didn’t even get brought on vs Celtic so there’s no guarantees he’d have came on last night if Marciano hadn’t gone off. I’m desperate for maclaren and kamberi to become our very own Yorke and Cole! But Maclaren needs to force his way back somehow as there’s no chance hibs will try sign him and he even runs risk of loan being cut short. Hope to see him back to finding the net.

BILLYHIBS
20-12-2018, 09:33 PM

post #61 something not quite right

BILLYHIBS
20-12-2018, 09:34 PM
:agree: Exactly!

Said that without moving my lip

Sorry lips :greengrin

B.H.F.C
20-12-2018, 09:38 PM
post #61 something not quite right

Ah something’s not right. He’s injured. He needs Flo. He needs games. Always an excuse for poor Jamie.

Time for him to shape up or go. Lennon has shown before that he’ll be ruthless if players aren’t doing what is expected and I don’t think he’ll hesitate to get rid if he wants to and can.

Jonnyboy
20-12-2018, 09:42 PM

Out of genuine interest, G would you care to list the players that don't meet your high standards because Jamie is not the only one you've had digs at :wink:

BILLYHIBS
20-12-2018, 09:46 PM
Ah something’s not right. He’s injured. He needs Flo. He needs games. Always an excuse for poor Jamie.

Time for him to shape up or go. Lennon has shown before that he’ll be ruthless if players aren’t doing what is expected and I don’t think he’ll hesitate to get rid if he wants to and can.

Agree said it on here myself needs to shape up or ship out

Seems such a waste though

Prolific goal scorer

Oz international

Is he still injured?

Is he not doing it in training?

I guess you could be correct

Remember Simon Murray and Stokes services no longer required last January and they were our top scorers

Something not quite right!

One Day Soon
20-12-2018, 09:48 PM
This thread. Where's the 1 out of 10 graphic?

Zazu62
20-12-2018, 09:48 PM
Did we know about the back injury, or was he injured when we came back to Hibs in the summer?

calumhibee1
20-12-2018, 09:59 PM
Did we know about the back injury, or was he injured when we came back to Hibs in the summer?

He came in the day after Asteras away I’m sure. Then he played his first game away to Molde if I’m not mistaken? So I would presume he was fit when he came in.

Viva_Palmeiras
20-12-2018, 10:13 PM
Boyd and Cummings?

I think it was Oceanic that sung “take me into insanity”.

Have to laugh as a support we’ve been split on whether Cummings was an actual football player (he only scores goals) and now Maclarens stats are skewed cos he only scores tap-ins - completely “hat-stand”.

We’re in a better place now. We’re no longer in the championship. We do have a manager that knows what he’s doing and will change it more often that not if he gets it wrong.

Liam6270
20-12-2018, 10:13 PM

Totally agree, said it last season as well

we are hibs
21-12-2018, 08:00 AM

I'm sure it happened before the Aberdeen cup game in September

BILLYHIBS
21-12-2018, 08:14 AM
Sorry guys I refuse to accept that a guy that scored 62 goals in 96 games in the A League and 8 goals in 15 games (4 coming on as a sub) for us last season including a hatrick against the Hun has suddenly become gash over night.

I feel we have to cut the guy some slack and give him the benefit of the doubt

He will be costing us a pretty penny and I am sure if there is anything untoward something we do not know about and for whatever reason it is not working out Lenny will not hesitate in cutting him loose in January to free up funds

In Lenny we trust!

GoalsMcGinley
21-12-2018, 08:21 AM
He’s a penalty box striker. They’re hard to find in our price range. However, in order for them to succeed the team needs to be creating penalty box chances. We don’t at the moment. IF we manage to bring in Scott Allan in Jan I predict you will see a totally different Jamie MacLaren

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ryan69
21-12-2018, 09:22 AM
Sorry guys I refuse to accept that a guy that scored 62 goals in 96 games in the A League and 8 goals in 15 games (4 coming on as a sub) for us last season including a hatrick against the Hun has suddenly become gash over night.

I feel we have to cut the guy some slack and give him the benefit of the doubt

He will be costing us a pretty penny and I am sure if there is anything untoward something we do not know about and for whatever reason it is not working out Lenny will not hesitate in cutting him loose in January to free up funds

In Lenny we trust!

He has had nearly half a season in slack.

Now he will be away for a month!

How much slack does he need?

Im sure his wage freed up could help come January

BILLYHIBS
21-12-2018, 09:27 AM
He has had nearly half a season in slack.

Now he will be away for a month!

How much slack does he need?

Im sure his wage freed up could help come January
Lennys got a decision to make!

blackpoolhibs
21-12-2018, 10:02 AM
I like him, but there are a couple of things that have contributed to him not being as good as last season.

1 he's not been playing in as good a side, which has seen Kamberi struggle too, and 2 he's been injured most of the time, and when fit coming back and not fit enough to start.

Lennon will judge what is happening here, and he will also see how he's coming on fitness wise. He will make the decision whether he stays or goes, and with him going away for a month i'm beginning to think he might cut his loses and let him go back if that is an option?

Captain Trips
21-12-2018, 10:06 AM
There is more in the locker and IMO his form for us last season has earned him a dip. However I will judge him on this season once he plays a few more on the trot if that is not what NL is planning then perhaps he needs to get somebody in that is. I like JM and think there is a player there.

B.H.F.C
21-12-2018, 10:09 AM
There is more in the locker and IMO has form fur us last season has earned him a dip. However I will judge him on this season once he plays a few more on the trot if that is not what NL is planning then perhaps he needs to get somebody in that is. I like JM and think there is a player there.

A dip? He’s not had a dip this season, he’s just not contributed.

A dip is a three or four games. We’re half way through the season and he’s about to disappear for a month as well.

Captain Trips
21-12-2018, 10:17 AM
A dip? He’s not had a dip this season, he’s just not contributed.

A dip is a three or four games. We’re half way through the season and he’s about to disappear for a month as well.

Its a dip for me. as he has not done a lot then him going away isnt going to make much difference then so why not wait and see what he does while away and he may well be back fitter and maybe with some form. I personally would not get rid of him until I see what he does while away.

B.H.F.C
21-12-2018, 10:34 AM
Its a dip for me. as he has not done a lot then him going away isnt going to make much difference then so why not wait and see what he does while away and he may well be back fitter and maybe with some form. I personally would not get rid of him until I see what he does while away.

Surely one goal at this stage of the season is more than a dip? I think there is room to debate his abilities but there is no debate on his contribution (or lack of) this season. It can’t just be considered a dip.

I also don’t think it’s a good idea to wait and see. By the time we’ve done that it might be too late to do anything about it if we don’t like what we see.

At risk of contradicting myself I’d probably play him tomorrow. I think we need to freshen things up and make use of the Aussies in the next two games or we’ll be dead on our feet by the time we play Hearts.

GreenNWhiteArmy
21-12-2018, 11:15 AM
J-Mac hasn't started the season to the same levels we witnessed last season. But the same could be said of, in all honesty MOST of the players employed bar Porteous and Efe, possibly M.Boyle too

For me, its fairly obvious that in the summer, we failed to address 2 key aspects of our team. The lack of drive/energy/fantastic long balls from SJM. The link up/through balls and general sexiness of Scotty Allan, his hair and game.

The team rebuild is taking shape and will take time. We badly need players to link the midfield and forwards.

J-Mac WILL come good imo, once S.Allan comes back in Jan

B.H.F.C
21-12-2018, 11:52 AM
J-Mac hasn't started the season to the same levels we witnessed last season. But the same could be said of, in all honesty MOST of the players employed bar Porteous and Efe, possibly M.Boyle too

For me, its fairly obvious that in the summer, we failed to address 2 key aspects of our team. The lack of drive/energy/fantastic long balls from SJM. The link up/through balls and general sexiness of Scotty Allan, his hair and game.

The team rebuild is taking shape and will take time. We badly need players to link the midfield and forwards.

J-Mac WILL come good imo, once S.Allan comes back in Jan

I’m not so sure signing Allan automatically improves MacLaren. If you think of his goals last year, how many had anything to do with Allan?

I think midfield is an issue but not so much in an attacking sense. We have players who will create (Horgan, Hyndman, Boyle) but haven’t been able to play them in the right positions a lot of the time. We lack players who can get the ball to the creative types quick enough IMO.

Don’t get me wrong, I want Hibs to sign Scott Allan but he’ll only be effective with the right players supplying him.

worcesterhibby
21-12-2018, 12:56 PM
Was just gonna post the same all the "experts" on here calling Jamie Mac murder what did they think of the 2 sitters Ollie missed last night. As am pretty certain Maclaren would have buried at least one of them

And let's not forget the so -called Sitters that Oli failed to score from were both harder than half the chances that Morelos missed at the other end, yet he's worth 30 million seemingly.

Jamie Mac is a player who scores goals by getting an inch in front of defenders. He is very good at it. To gain that inch though, you need to be match fit, he's not. Strikers also thrive on confidence, he needs to get his fitness up to 100% and grab a couple of goals. He's a good player. It will come. In the meantime others have stepped up and we are unbeaten in three games and have just given Celtic a doing.

It's Christmas..let's be cheerful guys ? maybe ?

CRAZYHIBBY
21-12-2018, 01:01 PM
When mclaren is back getting a run of games the goals will come

Forza Fred
22-12-2018, 01:42 AM
When mclaren is back getting a run of games the goals will come

A few months ago I got absolute pelters for suggesting Jamie was neither a superstar, nor as the term then applied ‘gash’.

Appears many Hibsnet posters do not like ‘middle ground’ type posts, but prefer to lurch from one extreme to the other.

I was surprised when Hibs first signed him, as he had done little of note outside of Oz, and the question was always whether he could get goals against tighter Scottish defences.

But he performed exceedingly well in his first spell, and deserved the credit he got.

Yes, he hasn’t had a good second term, but injuries and time on the bench have contributed to that and I have no doubt that there are still goals within him.

I’d like to see him and Kamberi get an extended run at some point......they BOTH might show the doubters what they can do.

Hermit Crab
23-12-2018, 02:10 AM
Done sweet FA again today.

Keyser Sauzee
23-12-2018, 02:13 AM

True.

In terms of how long he had, 12 mins isn’t enough.

If ur aim is to give a balanced view, which I doubt it is tbh, then u have to include this in ur view.

truehibernian
23-12-2018, 02:14 AM

Play him and Flo in a run of games like a manager who knows what they can do then you’ll see a return from both - football is quite simple really.

CMurdoch
23-12-2018, 02:18 AM
Lewis Allan, whose 2nd touch today was a tackle was played in the team ahead of MacLaren. IMHO Lewis will be doing well to play for Edinburgh City in the 3rd tier next season.
Lewis should have been brought on for the last 15 minutes to wrestle with the defenders once the game was won.

Why are Kamberi and MacLaren not playing as a partnership? No point in having them if we don't.
MacLaren had a back injury but has been on the bench for a while but not used or brought on very late.
Today was made for Kamberi & MacLaren but no we put the 2 young guys up front and shelled balls at them.
As anyone who has watched Livingston this season knows their big strong defenders gobble up the high balls which they did with ease.

truehibernian
23-12-2018, 02:27 AM
Lewis Allan, whose 2nd touch today was a tackle was played in the team ahead of MacLaren. IMHO Lewis will be doing well to play for Edinburgh City in the 3rd tier next season.
Lewis should have been brought on for the last 15 minutes to wrestle with the defenders once the game was won.

Why are Kamberi and MacLaren not playing as a partnership? No point in having them if we don't.
MacLaren had a back injury but has been on the bench for a while but not used or brought on very late.
Today was made for Kamberi & MacLaren but no we put the 2 young guys up front and shelled balls at them.
As anyone who has watched Livingston this season knows their big strong defenders gobble up the high balls.

I’d say manager stubbornness and stupidly trying to make a personal point at the expense of the team !

DetroitHibs
23-12-2018, 03:50 AM
Neil sees him train on a daily basis. If he doesn't think he's good enough, fair enough, get rid of in January.

Ronniekirk
23-12-2018, 07:50 AM
Neil sees him train on a daily basis. If he doesn't think he's good enough, fair enough, get rid of in January.

He will be away with Australian Squad in January Maybe a few week away training in warmer climate will be thevpuck me up he needsc
If he and Boyle play together for the Aussies maybe we will see the Benefits when they come back

JimBHibees
23-12-2018, 08:12 AM
Play him and Flo in a run of games like a manager who knows what they can do then you’ll see a return from both - football is quite simple really.

Agree couldnt believe when McLaren was warming up behind the goal at 75 when we were struggling. He is a penalty box finisher and was amazed he got no run at all. Bizarre to me as even if he is struggling fitness wise he is still the most likely in the squad to nick a goal. What did he get 10 mins or so.

Winston Ingram
23-12-2018, 08:18 AM

Amassed a total of 2 touches in 16 minutes today. A miscontrol and a duffed shot.

Eyrie
23-12-2018, 10:35 AM
Amassed a total of 2 touches in 16 minutes today. A miscontrol and a duffed shot.

Which says everything about the service he got and nothing about his current form.

If the idea was to either rest Kamberi or send him a message by benching him, then Allan made sense as a physical striker but that then required Maclaren to play with him as an experienced partner.

superfurryhibby
23-12-2018, 11:08 AM

How do you “get rid” when a player has a season long loan agreement? This is real life, not fantasy football manager or whatever it’s called.

BILLYHIBS
23-12-2018, 11:15 AM
In the twelve minutes he was on the park yesterday he looked more likely to score a goal with the runs he was making than Shaw and Allan

I would not be surprised if we release him and he turns into a top striker elsewhere given the proper service

Worth persevering with until the end of the season imho

Scott Allan in January would be a game changer

JohnM1875
23-12-2018, 11:20 AM
In the twelve minutes he was on the park yesterday he looked more likely to score a goal with the runs he was making than Shaw and Allan

I would not be surprised if we release him and he turns into a top striker elsewhere given the proper service

Worth persevering with until the end of the season imho

Scott Allan in January would be a game changer

Yup, at least he managed a shot on target. You get the ball in the box and MacLaren will score goals for fun. As he proved last season for us. We need Scott Allan for that big time.

Allant1981
23-12-2018, 11:20 AM
How do you “get rid” when a player has a season long loan agreement? This is real life, not fantasy football manager or whatever it’s called.

Quite easy, cancel the contract, happens all the time

Hibiza
23-12-2018, 11:22 AM
Yet again , we need a striker.

B.H.F.C
23-12-2018, 11:23 AM
Quite easy, cancel the contract, happens all the time

You can’t just cancel a contract without agreement from all. Or unless you pay it up. If we had to pay it up we’d be as well keeping him.

superfurryhibby
23-12-2018, 11:27 AM
You can’t just cancel a contract without agreement from all. Or unless you pay it up. If we had to pay it up we’d be as well keeping him.

Exactly, as I said, too many folk inhabiting fantasy football manager land. I’m a dinosaur and even I know that getting rid etc is just ill informed pish.

MacLaren is unlikely to be going anywhere, anytime soon. Unless of course he himself wants out. Warming the bench at Hibs isn’t really progressing his career tbf.

calumhibee1
23-12-2018, 11:29 AM
Exactly, as I said, too many folk inhabiting fantasy football manager land. I’m a dinosaur and even I know that getting rid etc is just ill informed pish.

MacLaren is unlikely to be going anywhere, anytime soon. Unless of course he himself wants out. Warming the bench at Hibs isn’t really progressing his career tbf.

It's in his parents clubs interest for him to be playing. If they could get him another club lined up where he would get some game time then I'm sure they'd much prefer that and be happy to cancel his loan.

Winston Ingram
23-12-2018, 11:30 AM
Which says everything about the service he got and nothing about his current form.

If the idea was to either rest Kamberi or send him a message by benching him, then Allan made sense as a physical striker but that then required Maclaren to play with him as an experienced partner.

It says nowt about the service he gets. We were camped in their half for the 16 minutes he was on the pitch. The guy never gets on the ball and this is no different to the first half of the season.

He had 8 touches at Pittodrie in the 0-0 game last season and the included a kick off and a missed penalty. He’s hopeless

Winston Ingram
23-12-2018, 11:31 AM

I think it’d be very easy. It’s not in Darmstadt’s interest to have him getting no game time.

superfurryhibby
23-12-2018, 11:32 AM
It's in his parents clubs interest for him to be playing. If they could get him another club lined up where he would get some game time then I'm sure they'd much prefer that and be happy to cancel his loan.

MacLaren also has a say. The parent club have a season long agreement that takes the player to being out of contract at the end of it? At this stage they won’t give a toss really.

calumhibee1
23-12-2018, 11:33 AM
MacLaren also has a say. The parent club have a season long agreement that takes the player to being out of contract at the end of it? At this stage they won’t give a toss really.

Is he out of contract at the end of the season? I didn't realise that.

BILLYHIBS
23-12-2018, 11:33 AM

Sounds good in theory but the way things are panning out it looks as though we have to bring at least two strikers in first similar to this time last year

Allant1981
23-12-2018, 11:34 AM

It's not pish, you can get rid if you really want to, to say you can't is "pish" as you say

Greenworld
23-12-2018, 11:36 AM
Is he out of contract at the end of the season? I didn't realise that.Don't think that's right hibs have agreed a fee to buy him at the end of the season as part of his loan .That wouldn't be required if he was out of contract

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

23-12-2018, 11:37 AM
I leave just about every game wishing we'd had Scott Allan creating chances for Flo, Jamie and the others. I really hope we get him in January and pay Celtic to get him in right away and not just on a pre-contract to get him in the summer. We aren't yet out of the running for a top 4 finish and Scotty could make all the difference.

J-C
23-12-2018, 11:37 AM

Pay what up? Well be paying a % of his wages if it's cancelled his own team will carry on paying his full wage on his contract. Feruz's contact was cancalled easily enough, you can only cancel during a transfer window.

superfurryhibby
23-12-2018, 11:44 AM
Don't think that's right hibs have agreed a fee to buy him at the end of the season as part of his loan .That wouldn't be required if he was out of contract

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

Fair do’s, i think that is right.

As for ending a contract. No idea, but I think players can breach through conduct issues or they may be on a six month loan, like Hyndman and Agyepong. Signing a player on loan and trying to send him back because he’s gash doesn’t sound like asustainable system to me. Players have employee rights too. I’m going for a loan is a loan, unless the player misbehaves.

andybev1
23-12-2018, 11:47 AM

The amount of potential tap-in oppportunities recently with people just a baw-hair away from getting a toe on it may have been perfect for maclarens game then?

Allant1981
23-12-2018, 11:54 AM
The amount of potential tap-in oppportunities recently with people just a baw-hair away from getting a toe on it may have been perfect for maclarens game then?

Exactly, there is some amount of rubbish said on here about Maclaren, he has had rubbish luck this year with injuries, no one was moaning with all his goals last year, that being said I think he would benefit from leaving and getting regular football as he seems to be out of favour now

Northernhibee
23-12-2018, 11:56 AM
He’s a good player. Fantastic movement, gets into good places. Used correctly he’s a proper threat. We need to get the best out of him and Flo.

B.H.F.C
23-12-2018, 12:01 PM
Pay what up? Well be paying a % of his wages if it's cancelled his own team will carry on paying his full wage on his contract. Feruz's contact was cancalled easily enough, you can only cancel during a transfer window.

Pay up the percentage of his wages we’ve agreed to pay for the period of the contract.

Of course it can be cancelled, but everyone would need to agree to it.

Weegreenman
23-12-2018, 02:19 PM
I think Jamie is suffering from the same thing most of the other players are suffering from, we’re been pretty keek since we lost our best midfield since I can remember and the players who’ve come in haven’t been good enough for a number of different reasons. Chopping and changing the team every week doesn’t help either.

YanYansen
23-12-2018, 03:02 PM

A natural scorer? Baws, the lad is anything but. For a natural, if they find themselves in the positions Oli has recently, instinct takes over and the chance is buried. Shaw fluffs 7/10 gilt-edged chances he gets.

Northernhibee
23-12-2018, 03:05 PM
A natural scorer? Baws, the lad is anything but. For a natural, if they find themselves in the positions Oli has recently, instinct takes over and the chance is buried. Shaw fluffs 7/10 gilt-edged chances he gets.

Oli Shaw has the best minutes played per goal for the entire Hibs squad this season.

YanYansen
23-12-2018, 03:07 PM
Oli Shaw has the best minutes played per goal for the entire Hibs squad this season.

Which says more about the rest of the team than it does about Shaw. Let’s face it, Efe, Porteous, and Bogdan are the only players who’ve been anywhere near looking like top four players.

Northernhibee
23-12-2018, 03:10 PM
Which says more about the rest of the team than it does about Shaw. Let’s face it, Efe, Porteous, and Bogdan are the only players who’ve been anywhere near looking like top four players.

Actually not really. Oli Shaws minute per goal ratio isn’t far off the top few in the SPL overall.

Hibees1973
23-12-2018, 03:35 PM
MacLaren.....read Nelom, Mavrias, Milligan and a few others. ALL PLAYERS BROUGHT LATE OR AFTER THE TRANSFER WINDOW AND DID NOT GO THROUGH A PRE SEASON WITH US.

It was Hibs transfer policy and preparation to the season that was a disaster. We signed so many players that were ’not up to speed’, ‘not ready yet’, ‘unfit’....we have heard all the excuses.

Christ, this is the reason for our inconsistency.

What a wasted opportunity. Even if we were only 20% better that we have been, we could have been sitting in 2nd place in the league.

tamig
23-12-2018, 03:41 PM

Indeed. However, apparently if all you do is score tap-ins you’re as good as a man short.

Winston Ingram
23-12-2018, 11:25 PM
Actually not really. Oli Shaws minute per goal ratio isn’t far off the top few in the SPL overall.

Shaw is a far better player than Maclaren.

Winston Ingram
23-12-2018, 11:39 PM
MacLaren.....read Nelom, Mavrias, Milligan and a few others. ALL PLAYERS BROUGHT LATE OR AFTER THE TRANSFER WINDOW AND DID NOT GO THROUGH A PRE SEASON WITH US.

It was Hibs transfer policy and preparation to the season that was a disaster. We signed so many players that were ’not up to speed’, ‘not ready yet’, ‘unfit’....we have heard all the excuses.

Christ, this is the reason for our inconsistency.

What a wasted opportunity. Even if we were only 20% better that we have been, we could have been sitting in 2nd place in the league.

Utter drivel. MacLaren had played a total of 152 minutes for Darmstadt before he rocked up in Jan. He’d played a total of 27 minutes from the middle of November til he made his debut for us at Dundee on the 24th of Jan. Nobody mentioned his match fitness then.

He’s played much more that already this season. Fitness is not his problem. It’s his lack of ability.

BILLYHIBS
24-12-2018, 05:35 AM

Not this old chestnut!

Maclaren is a Full International

62 goals in 96 games in A League

8 goals in 15 for us last season

Jamie MAC would at least have hit the target with them two chances versus t Hun

Did not notice Shaw versus Livvy

According to some on here Jamie gone in January so any further debate is pointless

Winston Ingram
24-12-2018, 08:40 AM

Not this old chestnut!

Maclaren is a Full International

62 goals in 96 games in A League

8 goals in 15 for us last season

Jamie MAC would at least have hit the target with them two chances versus t Hun

Did not notice Shaw versus Livvy

According to some on here Jamie gone in January so any further debate is pointless

🤞

BILLYHIBS
24-12-2018, 08:48 AM
🤞

Ha Ha Ha!

Hope not!

Something not been right with Jamie all season

Yes I know he gash?

Will be sad to see him go

Merry Christmas Winston! 🎅🏼

mjhibby
24-12-2018, 08:54 AM
[QUOTE=YanYansen;5639790]Which says more about the rest of the team than it does about Shaw. Let’s face it, Efe, Porteous, and Bogdan are the only players who’ve been anywhere near looking like top four players.

The very point Lennon was making. Just be ause the midfield isn't as good doesn't excuse other players performances. Lennon knows himself if a player is on his game, he admitted coasting in his celtic days. For mclaren not to be quoted at all says there is something amiss. The players showed v celtic what their capable of. Poor passes and pass selection are not down to team selection. I think we have a lot of players who are great when their confidence is high and they need to be more consistent. Lennon expects a lot and as a player I'd be delighted to have him driving me on. Does seem much like a certain previous January window situation. At least flo and mclaren have had a warning.

mjhibby
24-12-2018, 08:59 AM
Plus Bartley has been a miss in certain games. Had he had a run of games we would probably have had a more settled midfield. I'd put Lewis in midfield mow and mackie at left back for the next couple of games. Milligan sitting and hyndman and mallan pushing forward. Simples. Everbody is a coach these days. 😂

Gmack7
24-12-2018, 09:01 AM

Everyone has an opinion and right now this seems to be lennons aswell. its certainly not mine kamberi and Mclaren were top drawer ladt season and could be again this season. IMHO ofcourse

Winston Ingram
24-12-2018, 09:11 AM
Ha Ha Ha!

Hope not!

Something not been right with Jamie all season

Yes I know he gash?

Will be sad to see him go

Merry Christmas Winston! 🎅🏼

Merry Christmas to you to Billy 🎄

hibsmad
24-12-2018, 09:19 AM
I’d far rather see Jamie start for us than Shaw. We know what Jamie and Flo can do for us. Last season they were banging in the goals and were a joy to watch.

The problem is in midfield. We are not playing the kind of football we were or creating the amount of chances. You can tell Flo isn’t as happy because of this, and Jamie is not as effective due to this.

For me, Lennon needs to address the midfield problem in January while keeping both these guys happy and positive in the meantime. This second, man management aspect, is something I’m not altogether convinced he is getting right unfortunately.

makaveli1875
24-12-2018, 09:24 AM
I’d far rather see Jamie start for us than Shaw. We know what Jamie and Flo can do for us. Last season they were banging in the goals and were a joy to watch.

The problem is in midfield. We are not playing the kind of football we were or creating the amount of chances. You can tell Flo isn’t as happy because of this, and Jamie is not as effective due to this.

For me, Lennon needs to address the midfield problem in January while keeping both these guys happy and positive in the meantime. This second, man management aspect, is something I’m not altogether convinced he is getting right unfortunately.

What do you want him to do congratulate the pair of them for being useless lazy *******s , a centre back with a busted knee is outscoring them both at the moment

The Modfather
24-12-2018, 09:31 AM
What do you want him to do congratulate the pair of them for being useless lazy *******s , a centre back with a busted knee is outscoring them both at the moment

What about sharing the criticism round the team for those who have also been well below par this season, like Boyle for example.

Onion
24-12-2018, 09:33 AM

Completely different types of player, with each having their own strengths. Last season, MacLaren was our top striker scoring goals that no other player in the Hibs squad could have (spin, shot and goal against the Yams perfect example). Shaw could not lace his boots. This season, MacLaren hasn't turned up - lack of fitness, drive, effort, confidence who knows why. So Shaw has HAD to be pushed into the team with mixed success.

Lennon cannot let sentiment get in the way of results. If MacLaren won't or cannot score goals then something needs to change. IMO our midfield is and always has been the problem. But is Lennon's not going to change that much we need a different type of striker who is stronger, can hold the ball up, can compete physically. That's not MacLaren and it's probably not Shaw.

makaveli1875
24-12-2018, 09:38 AM
What about sharing the criticism round the team for those who have also been well below par this season, like Boyle for example.

Lennon says Flo and Jamie arent trying , Boyle is below par but still appears to be putting the effort in .

calumhibee1
24-12-2018, 09:38 AM
Completely different types of player, with each having their own strengths. Last season, MacLaren was our top striker scoring goals that no other player in the Hibs squad could have (spin, shot and goal against the Yams perfect example). Shaw could not lace his boots. This season, MacLaren hasn't turned up - lack of fitness, drive, effort, confidence who knows why. So Shaw has HAD to be pushed into the team with mixed success.

Lennon cannot let sentiment get in the way of results. If MacLaren won't or cannot score goals then something needs to change. IMO our midfield is and always has been the problem. But is Lennon's not going to change that much we need a different type of striker who is stronger, can hold the ball up, can compete physically. That's not MacLaren and it's probably not Shaw.

This is way I see it. Whether Maclaren is actually any good or not is largely irrelevant. I don’t think anyone would debate if he gets chances on a plate for him then he can be handy in that regard but with the midfield we now have he’s not going to get that so he’s totally ineffective. Getting Allan in could help him. If not then he’s probably not a lot of use to us.

J-C
24-12-2018, 02:02 PM
Lennon says Flo and Jamie arent trying , Boyle is below par but still appears to be putting the effort in .

You have to ask yourself why they're not trying?

jacomo
24-12-2018, 10:50 PM

FWIW I think our midfield is not far away.

Clearly the balance isn’t quite right yet but one signing or even just different tactics could make it tick again.

Ryan69
25-12-2018, 10:33 AM
J-Mac WILL come good imo, once S.Allan comes back in Jan[/QUOTE]

Source? As im struggling to believe you.

GoalsMcGinley
26-12-2018, 08:35 AM

No worries Oli [emoji1303]

Smartie
26-12-2018, 08:43 AM
FWIW I think our midfield is not far away.

Clearly the balance isn’t quite right yet but one signing or even just different tactics could make it tick again.

I agree, but I don't think Scott Allan is the tweak we need.

He's a player I'd love to have, but as a replacement for Hyndman or Mallan.

We'd still need a bit of extra mobility if we were to sign Allan.

I rate all of our players and I am definitely in the "nearly there" camp. If we can sort the midfield/ forwards so that we're comfortable in possession under pressure then I think we're there.

The_Horde
26-12-2018, 10:13 AM
I agree, but I don't think Scott Allan is the tweak we need.

He's a player I'd love to have, but as a replacement for Hyndman or Mallan.

We'd still need a bit of extra mobility if we were to sign Allan.

I rate all of our players and I am definitely in the "nearly there" camp. If we can sort the midfield/ forwards so that we're comfortable in possession under pressure then I think we're there.

We need some proper star quality back in the side more than anything else. Allan is that.

Vini1875
26-12-2018, 10:32 AM
There is a lot of hopeful chatter about Scott Allan, but when was the last time he kicked a ball in a game? Most players seem to take ages to get up to speed as far as match fit. We really need to have a couple of instant hits in midfield.

Heisenberg
26-12-2018, 10:35 AM
There is a lot of hopeful chatter about Scott Allan, but when was the last time he kicked a ball in a game? Most players seem to take ages to get up to speed as far as match fit. We really need to have a couple of instant hits in midfield.

He came to us last January having barely kicked a ball for Dundee. First game away at Ibrox he ran the show. I’d be fairly confident of him managing just fine if he were to sign next month.

Either way, getting him on a permanent contract would be worth it if he had to take a couple of games to get up to speed.

Onion
26-12-2018, 10:39 AM

Agree that’s a risk but the twice we’ve had him his fitness and sharpness were decent despite lack of games. Lots of folk pinning hopes on SA but we also need to support him with a decent footballing grafter. Milligan, Whitty, Bartley ain’t that. This team is not one midfielder short of being top 4

calumhibee1
26-12-2018, 10:41 AM

He’ll still be physically fit. May take a game or two to get up to speed but even without match sharpness he’s better than what we have.

Ryan69
26-12-2018, 10:42 AM
He came to us last January having barely kicked a ball for Dundee. First game away at Ibrox he ran the show. I’d be fairly confident of him managing just fine if he were to sign next month.

Either way, getting him on a permanent contract would be worth it if he had to take a couple of games to get up to speed.

He started the season at Dundee,and played quite a few games...so definately much further ahead than he would be this season.

One Day Soon
26-12-2018, 11:51 AM
He’ll still be physically fit. May take a game or two to get up to speed but even without match sharpness he’s better than what we have.

He likes to move it, move it...

Smartie
26-12-2018, 11:56 AM
He's not been injured, which is the main thing that holds players back fitness-wise (it was why Stokes took a bit of time to get up to speed when he was here on loan).

Celtic will keep their players in good shape. I don't think Allan would need more than a game or 2.

FilipinoHibs
26-12-2018, 01:10 PM
He started the season at Dundee,and played quite a few games...so definately much further ahead than he would be this season.

Celtic won't let him go - Bitter over SJM and pumping us recently pumping him.

Since90+2
26-12-2018, 01:14 PM

He had already made 23 appearances for Dundee,including 16 in the league , when he signed last season. That's not exactly barely kicking a ball.

andybev1
26-12-2018, 02:01 PM
Surely today we play Flo and Jamie mac up front from the start (edit: just read we do start with them up front) - it is time to put that partnership together. Even if he thinks mclaren has not been doing it in training, surely it is worth the risk to put them together for a big game like this because flo is abig game player and Mclarens record agains the huns is second to none.

This really could define our season especially if they can smash it for us.

Good luck boys, I have faith in you both.

BILLYHIBS
26-12-2018, 02:56 PM
Cmon ma wee Jamie!

Winston Ingram
26-12-2018, 04:41 PM

Absolutely pish again today

SeanWilson
26-12-2018, 05:01 PM
Absolutely pish again todayYup, he's absolutely murder.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Hibee Mac
26-12-2018, 05:03 PM
Must admit he looks dreadful this season. Actually glad he's only on loan

Liam6270
26-12-2018, 05:05 PM
Shock horror a crap player played crap today

Green&White
26-12-2018, 05:09 PM
Look at the service the strikers got today. Absolutely non existent. That's the difference between this season and last. Need a Allan in in Jan big time. Boyle and hyndman barely touched the ball today

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk

matty_f
26-12-2018, 05:09 PM
Can't be easy coming in for games when you're only getting a few minutes here and there

J-C
26-12-2018, 05:11 PM
Look at the service the strikers got today. Absolutely non existent. That's the difference between this season and last. Need a Allan in in Jan big time. Boyle and hyndman barely touched the ball today

TBF Boyle was playing as a wingback but Hyndman looks totally disinterested, Boyle did come to life when Gray came on and he was played further up the pitch.

bigwheel
26-12-2018, 05:11 PM
Shock horror a crap player played crap today

But he didn’t play crap. He had a decent shift today looked much sharper. Worked hard

Dashing Bob S
26-12-2018, 05:12 PM

100%

Ronniekirk

He is putting a lot of extra work in on his own at the gym just now with s view to moving in January Not game time granted but don't think it will take him long if he gets move early in the Winfow

LaMotta
But he didn’t play crap. He had a decent shift today looked much sharper. Worked hard

:agree:

To say he was murder is utter bollocks.

blackpoolhibs
26-12-2018, 05:14 PM

Him and Flo hardly seen any of the ball in decent area's because we had a no midfield, Horgan and Mackie made very good contributions when coming on, especially Horgan going past players in the final 3rd, and of course Mackies fantastic cross for the goal. :thumbsup:

Ronniekirk
26-12-2018, 05:14 PM
TBF Boyle was playing as a wingback but Hyndman looks totally disinterested, Boyle did come to life when Gray came on and he was played further up the pitch.

Seem enough of Hundman now Lennon needs to be ruthless A few key signings early could see us backbonto top four

The_Horde
26-12-2018, 05:16 PM
Didn't think he was that bad at all.

Libby Hibby
26-12-2018, 05:16 PM
Goodbye Jamie, thanks for the memories

calumhibee1
26-12-2018, 05:19 PM
Wasn’t awful but also didn’t show much to suggest he’s worth persisting with IMO.

JimBHibees
26-12-2018, 05:21 PM
Absolutely pish again today

Your obsession is worrying.

JimBHibees
26-12-2018, 05:23 PM

What the haters refuse to acknowledge. Well said.

Callum_62
26-12-2018, 05:25 PM
worked hard - id stay with them both on Saturday

I suspect Gray might come in though

Tyler Durden
26-12-2018, 05:25 PM
Him and Flo hardly seen any of the ball in decent area's because we had a no midfield, Horgan and Mackie made very good contributions when coming on, especially Horgan going past players in the final 3rd, and of course Mackies fantastic cross for the goal. :thumbsup:

Horgan seems to always make an impact from the bench but when he gets a start he struggles. Frustrating but there is definitely a good player there.

I’d start him playing off Kamberi at the weekend given we have no Boyle or Maclaren.

calumhibee1
26-12-2018, 05:26 PM

Kamberi and Shaw have offered a hell of a lot more this season with the same midfield behind them and the same issues in a lot of games. If he needs a midfield giving him great service then that’s fair enough and yes, he’d maybe be good if he had that. He’s not got that here though and it means he’s currently pretty useless to us.

JimBHibees
26-12-2018, 05:28 PM
Kamberi and Shaw have offered a hell of a lot more this season with the same midfield behind them and the same issues in a lot of games. If he needs a midfield giving him great service then that’s fair enough and yes, he’d maybe be good if he had that. He’s not got that here though and it means he’s currently pretty useless to us.

Having a goal scorer is never useless. Midfield needs to get better and create more.

H18S NX
26-12-2018, 05:33 PM
Definately think there is a player there,IF he gets the right service.

SingaporeHibs
26-12-2018, 05:43 PM
Definately think there is a player there,IF he gets the right service.

Agreed. Any service actually. Today there was very limited opportunity given our inability to move the ball properly through the midfield. However, on the occasions we did towards the end of the 1st half in particular he was well involved and showed signs of his form from last season. 2nd half Midfield had the same issues so the forwards had absolutely no chance to influence the game. We looked better after Horgan replaced Hyndman who hardly contributed throughout (early header towards goal the only exception). Gray also helped bring some balance. MacLaren & Flo need to be given the chance to play together and then we can properly judge them. Unfortunately the Asia cup is going to get in the way a bit again.

GlesgaeHibby
26-12-2018, 06:18 PM
worked hard - id stay with them both on Saturday

I suspect Gray might come in though

Off to Aussie squad before Saturday.

calumhibee1
26-12-2018, 07:31 PM
Having a goal scorer is never useless. Midfield needs to get better and create more.

Tried to edit my last post and deleted it by accident :greengrin

Having a goalscorer isn’t useless if the rest of the team is suited to playing to said goalscorers strengths. Having a goal scorer who has scored one goal all season and doesn’t really even look like scoring anymore because the rest of the squad doesn’t suit him is pretty useless.

Winston Ingram
26-12-2018, 08:02 PM

He might of worked hard but he was still pish. I was stunned he lasted to 69 minutes.

All this pish about signing Allan and he’ll be fixed is hilarious. Allan appears to have been upgraded to Lionel Messi plus. All he needs to do his stick it in front of Jamie Maclaren when he has an open goal. :whistle:

SquashedFrogg
26-12-2018, 08:06 PM
He might of worked hard but he was still pish. I was stunned he lasted to 69 minutes.

All this pish about signing Allan and he’ll be fixed is hilarious. Allan appears to have been upgraded to Lionel Messi plus. All he needs to do his stick it in front of Jamie Maclaren when he has an open goal. :whistle:

Lost for words. Feel sorry that your life is so tragic you talk about our players like this.

Seek help my friend. It's Christmas and we have a club to be proud of.

jacomo
26-12-2018, 08:11 PM

Lack of service from midfield definitely an issue - mostly high balls if anything - but I’d like to see a striker do what was needed to get into the game, especially first half.

Just didn’t see anything from Jamie Mac today I’m afraid.

Winston Ingram
26-12-2018, 08:12 PM
Lost for words. Feel sorry that your life is so tragic you talk about our players like this.

Seek help my friend. It's Christmas and we have a club to be proud of.

😂

Wheat Hound
26-12-2018, 08:17 PM
Thought Jamie worked hard today and had some good lay offs with others, though was starved of any meaningful service by a largely non existent centre mid. Hyndman really ineffective and lightweight.

Jonnyboy
26-12-2018, 10:30 PM

:agree:

GREEN WARLORD
26-12-2018, 10:43 PM
Doesn't really matter what you say, the bet wetters have home written off.

calumhibee1
26-12-2018, 10:47 PM
Doesn't really matter what you say, the bet wetters have home written off.

There doesn’t need to be much said, does there? He’s a goal scorer who’s scored one goal and offered absolutely zip other than that. Whatever the reason for that is, he’s been useless for us this season.

tamig
26-12-2018, 11:28 PM
There doesn’t need to be much said, does there? He’s a goal scorer who’s scored one goal and offered absolutely zip other than that. Whatever the reason for that is, he’s been useless for us this season.

It’s hard to decide between you and Winston as to who gets the Christmas number 1 for the most plays of the same tune so far as Jamie Mac is concerned.

Jones28
26-12-2018, 11:33 PM

Injured for most of the season would be the main reason, but don't let that get in the way 👍🏻

oldbutdim
26-12-2018, 11:37 PM
Tried to edit my last post and deleted it by accident.

You should consider more of this.

PercyHibs
26-12-2018, 11:38 PM
I’ve not been a fan of McLaren but I thought he played really well today. Lennons comments about our strikers not working hard enough had an effect today. Both worked their socks off. Only disappointments for me today were Hyndman and I thought Boyle was in and out the game. He needs a rest.

calumhibee1
26-12-2018, 11:49 PM
Injured for most of the season would be the main reason, but don't let that get in the way 👍🏻

He’s made 14 appearances and been an unused sub 4 or 5 times recently. We’ve had 24 games since he signed and he missed the first three, so he’s been in the squad for the vast majority of games since he signed. He’s also played for Australia in that period. But don’t let that get in the way 👍🏼

matty_f
26-12-2018, 11:52 PM

:tee hee:

calumhibee1
26-12-2018, 11:53 PM
It’s hard to decide between you and Winston as to who gets the Christmas number 1 for the most plays of the same tune so far as Jamie Mac is concerned.

That’s wonderful. Maybe JM could start contributing? Then there wouldn’t be a tune to be played.

Jones28
27-12-2018, 12:08 AM
He’s made 14 appearances and been an unused sub 4 or 5 times recently. We’ve had 24 games since he signed and he missed the first three, so he’s been in the squad for the vast majority of games since he signed. He’s also played for Australia in that period. But don’t let that get in the way 👍🏼

13, and how many as a sub?

You know he's been injured this season and that has hampered his influence. FFS the guy came and played a vital part last season and hasn't had the same chance to in this, he needs games to get up to speed.

calumhibee1
27-12-2018, 12:16 AM
13, and how many as a sub?

You know he's been injured this season and that has hampered his influence. FFS the guy came and played a vital part last season and hasn't had the same chance to in this, he needs games to get up to speed.

14. Not that it matters, but it’s 11 in the league, 1 in the cup and 2 in Europe.

He’s injured but he’s been available the vast majority of weeks? Excuses are being trotted out for him when in reality he’s not turned up. People can blame it on other players not providing for him or ‘injuries’ all they want but at the end of the day his record at this point in the season speaks for itself.

Gmack7
27-12-2018, 12:19 AM

has Jamie been pumpimg your boyfriend? wouldn't be surprising as you do come across as boring

Jones28
27-12-2018, 12:21 AM
14. Not that it matters, but it’s 11 in the league, 1 in the cup and 2 in Europe.

He’s injured but he’s been available the vast majority of weeks? Excuses are being trotted out for him when in reality he’s not turned up. People can blame it on other players or ‘injuries’ all they want but at the end of the day his record at this point in the season speaks for itself.

"Injuries" 😂

As if that's some kind of cover up

A site I've seen actually suggests it's 15, which means we're both wrong if that's any consolation https://www.whoscored.com/Players/318154/Show/Jamie-Maclaren

calumhibee1
27-12-2018, 12:35 AM
"Injuries" 😂

As if that's some kind of cover up

A site I've seen actually suggests it's 15, which means we're both wrong if that's any consolation https://www.whoscored.com/Players/318154/Show/Jamie-Maclaren

I did wonder if it would have been 15 after today and not updated yet but decided to go with it anyway :greengrin

I’m not suggesting it’s a cover up. I’m suggesting his injuries are a convenient excuse for a guy who hasn’t produced. He’s fit enough to be in the squad nearly every week. Hes fit enough to play internationals and even get called up for an international tournament. He might not be 100% but then by all accounts a lot of footballers rarely are. His injuries can’t be that bad for him to have made that many appearances and been an unused sub that many times while also getting called up for internationals.

Allant1981
27-12-2018, 07:47 AM
I did wonder if it would have been 15 after today and not updated yet but decided to go with it anyway :greengrin

I’m not suggesting it’s a cover up. I’m suggesting his injuries are a convenient excuse for a guy who hasn’t produced. He’s fit enough to be in the squad nearly every week. Hes fit enough to play internationals and even get called up for an international tournament. He might not be 100% but then by all accounts a lot of footballers rarely are. His injuries can’t be that bad for him to have made that many appearances and been an unused sub that many times while also getting called up for internationals.

Mate you need to get a new xbox game or something and take a break, it's the same boring stuff every single day from you

BILLYHIBS
27-12-2018, 07:54 AM
Mate you need to get a new xbox game or something and take a break, it's the same boring stuff every single day from you

GoalsMcGinley
27-12-2018, 07:55 AM

I can only assume you’re Oli Shaw and you’re just trying to make sure you get a game? Slaver!

BILLYHIBS
27-12-2018, 08:00 AM
I can only assume you’re Oli Shaw and you’re just trying to make sure you get a game? Slaver!

Naw! That was the same guy that said Olly Shaw was better than Jamie MAC

Think he’s Ollys Dad?

superfurryhibby
27-12-2018, 08:16 AM

Your description matches your own efforts on here. There’s desperation for somekind of .net identity shtick and then there is just plain desperation. A total losers game if you ask me. You can join the elite club of people I ignore on here. Utter gash.

calumhibee1
27-12-2018, 09:25 AM

Oh the irony.

judas
27-12-2018, 09:33 AM
MacLaren is nothing like good enough.

The line ‘he’s not getting enough support’ has to be the new and improved version of ‘he does a lot of unseen work’.

JimBHibees
27-12-2018, 10:05 AM
MacLaren is nothing like good enough.

The line ‘he’s not getting enough support’ has to be the new and improved version of ‘he does a lot of unseen work’.

Apart from all the goals he scored last season mostly against the strongest teams in the league.

Allant1981
27-12-2018, 10:20 AM
Oh the irony.

A well thought out reply there

calumhibee1
27-12-2018, 10:21 AM
A well thought out reply there

Again, the irony after your previous post. Off you pop now. :aok:

J-C
27-12-2018, 10:28 AM
Jeezo Calum, how many posters can one guy fall out with and argue with on one site.

calumhibee1
27-12-2018, 10:43 AM
Jeezo Calum, how many posters can one guy fall out with and argue with on one site.

No falling out with anyone over here J-C. It’s only the internet, wouldn’t be worth that.

I’ll continue to post my opinion as and when I feel like it, not as and when Allant or whoever the self appointed forum police that day is says it’s ok for me to do so. If people want to have a pop at me for that then I’ll stand up for myself. :aok:

Lemonade
27-12-2018, 12:10 PM

:greengrin

Absolutely

Allant1981
27-12-2018, 12:17 PM
No falling out with anyone over here J-C. It’s only the internet, wouldn’t be worth that.

I’ll continue to post my opinion as and when I feel like it, not as and when Allant or whoever the self appointed forum police that day is says it’s ok for me to do so. If people want to have a pop at me for that then I’ll stand up for myself. :aok:

Not self appointed forum police, just fed up with all the rubbish you post

houstonhibbee
27-12-2018, 12:36 PM
Not self appointed forum police, just fed up with all the rubbish you post
Calum has made his position clear. He expects us to win every game and to achieve this end we should get a new manager and replace most of the players. How he expects this to be achieved he hasnt shared with us.

Allant1981
27-12-2018, 12:39 PM
Calum has made his position clear. He expects us to win every game and to achieve this end we should get a new manager and replace most of the players. How he expects this to be achieved he hasnt shared with us.

😁😁

BILLYHIBS
27-12-2018, 12:48 PM
I would like us keep Jamie MAC until the end of the season and if there is no marked improvement in his form we can send him back to Darmstadt as we are under no obligation to buy there is also the outside chance that he thrives in front of our new midfield especially if we get Scott Allan back on board

Win Win!

My_Wife_Camille
27-12-2018, 12:52 PM

:top marks

Kato
27-12-2018, 12:53 PM

Oh, yeah. Your opinion. So important that you tell everyone your tunnel-visioned, ill informed, narrow , divisive, short term, rotten little opinion. More important than anything.

Johnny_Leith
27-12-2018, 12:53 PM
I would like us keep Jamie MAC until the end of the season and if there is no marked improvement in his form we can send him back to Darmstadt as we are under no obligation to buy there is also the outside chance that he thrives in front of our new midfield especially if we get Scott Allan back on board

Win Win!

I agree, think he's worth keeping on board. Give him service and he'll score goals.

My_Wife_Camille
27-12-2018, 12:55 PM
Oh, yeah. Your opinion. So important that you tell everyone your tunnel-visioned, ill informed, narrow , divisive, short term, rotten little opinion. More important than anything.
It’s as valid as anybody else’s. At least the guy tends to stick to football and doesn’t resort to having a go at other posters just because they have differing opinions.

houstonhibbee
27-12-2018, 12:56 PM

Win Win!
Bring in Allan and a suitable defensive midfielder and we will have a great squad again

Allant1981
27-12-2018, 12:58 PM
Bring in Allan and a suitable defensive midfielder and we will have a great squad again

As long as they don't get injured, seem to have had horrendous luck this season

superfurryhibby
27-12-2018, 01:00 PM
It’s as valid as anybody else’s. At least the guy tends to stick to football and doesn’t resort to having a go at other posters just because they have differing opinions.

The problem is the prolific nature of the posts and the fact that they just repeat the same old tired view, much like a few on here.

The ignore button is your friend. Quite telling how three or four posters being blanked make this place much more enjoyable.

Oh aye, add the unbeaten in six run to the mix. I’m virtually clapping myself senseless these days.

Kato
27-12-2018, 01:13 PM

Differing opinions don't bother me in the slightest. Dull, ill informed, repetitive, drip-drip poisoned, dross? C'mon.

proud_and_green
27-12-2018, 01:19 PM
I think mabey that will be for Neil Lennon and the club to decide and not a load of bull*****rs on a football forum.Of course it is but so is the decision of whether Jamie stays. The forum is about people expressing their opinions and that means that sometimes these will not always align with those of the politburo - in fact I would prefer those to be diverse in the interests of debate.
If there is not to be diverse debate what is the point of the fans forum?
Personally, I think Jamie Mac has a lot more to offer and hope that he gets and takes the opportunity and starts banging them in again whether from 30yds or 1 yd.

Sent from my G8441 using Tapatalk

My_Wife_Camille
27-12-2018, 01:21 PM
The problem is the prolific nature of the posts and the fact that they just repeat the same old tired view, much like a few on here.

The ignore button is your friend. Quite telling how three or four posters being blanked make this place much more enjoyable.

Oh aye, add the unbeaten in six run to the mix. I’m virtually clapping myself senseless these days.The problem is that the opinion is different from yours. I’d predict with a high degree of certainty that you don’t have a problem with the ‘same old tires views’ that match yours.

Are any of the posters on your ignore list people that share the same opinion as you? Somehow I doubt it.

Differing opinions don't bother me in the slightest. Dull, ill informed, repetitive, drip-drip poisoned, dross? C'mon.
See above. I bet you don’t have a problem with the dull, ill informed, repetitive dross that matches your views.

Kato
27-12-2018, 01:31 PM
See above. I bet you don’t have a problem with the dull, ill informed, repetitive dross that matches your views.

If posted several times daily with an air of arrogance, yup I would. So boring.

calumhibee1
27-12-2018, 01:55 PM
The problem is that the opinion is different from yours. I’d predict with a high degree of certainty that you don’t have a problem with the ‘same old tires views’ that match yours.

Are any of the posters on your ignore list people that share the same opinion as you? Somehow I doubt it.

That is absolutely the issue. Don’t agree with an opinion so they go into personal attack mode while people post the same opinion as themselves over and over and they have absolutely no issue whatsoever with reading it.

superfurryhibby
27-12-2018, 02:02 PM
The problem is that the opinion is different from yours. I’d predict with a high degree of certainty that you don’t have a problem with the ‘same old tires views’ that match yours.

The people who make the ignore list are the ones who are at the wind-up. Different views are fine, but when they are repeatedly made made and found on every thread, then time to draw the line for me.

I like different views and there are plenty posters who post things I disagree with, but make a reasoned case or do so and then just leave it for discussion.

Take yourself. I’m not a fan of some of your nonsense, but you’re occasionally insightful or amusing, hence you stay, savvy? :na na:

WhileTheChief..
27-12-2018, 02:04 PM
Happens a lot on here where folk can’t discuss the point being made rationally so they just insult or argue with the person making the point instead.

Also a lot more wannabe admin types kicking about these days.

SRHibs
27-12-2018, 02:40 PM
That is absolutely the issue. Don’t agree with an opinion so they go into personal attack mode while people post the same opinion as themselves over and over and they have absolutely no issue whatsoever with reading it.

I think the problem is that people take it as a personal affront when you have a differing opinion to them. I’m not sure why they take it so personally that they have to resort to insults, but I’d guess your opinion about JMac is being taken as “your opinion is wrong and you don’t know what you’re talking about” by those who think he’s good (aka those with the ability to see the finer details like his majestic off-the-ball runs). People are just unable to accept ideas that differ to themselves and there’s a few major culprits. It makes you wonder why they even come onto a discussion board.

The people who make the ignore list are the ones who are at the wind-up. Different views are fine, but when they are repeatedly made made and found on every thread, then time to draw the line for me.

I like different views and there are plenty posters who post things I disagree with, but make a reasoned case or do so and then just leave it for discussion.

Take yourself. I’m not a fan of some of your nonsense, but you’re occasionally insightful or amusing, hence you stay, savvy? :na na:

I mean, he’s clearly not at the wind-up. I don’t agree with everything he says, and he has a habit of responding to every poster who quotes and disagrees with his opinions, but considering the way people approach him you can surely understand why he feels the need to constantly repeat and justify his stance?

silverhibee
27-12-2018, 03:04 PM
Happens a lot on here where folk can’t discuss the point being made rationally so they just insult or argue with the person making the point instead.

Reported

Captain Trips
27-12-2018, 04:12 PM
I like JM and think he has not been fit on occasion and there has been a loss of form which I think we should live with.

I think out of the 3 players going to Australia games he may just benefit the most coming back from our POV. IMO we have a good squad that for me is better than a lot of the teams above us.

JM is for me a pretty small factor in our being 8th at this juncture. I think we have been let down by form loss from players whom have played more regularly, individual errors that have gone punished and folk can say "your not a manager" but I think NL has made some bad choices also.

My_Wife_Camille
27-12-2018, 08:14 PM

Better watch yourself admitting that, you’ll end up with a reputation :cb

BILLYHIBS
07-01-2019, 11:08 AM
Anyone know if he is staying or going?

Apparently rumoured interest from Oz!

:dunno:

Waxy
07-01-2019, 11:42 AM
Anyone know if he is staying or going?

Apparently rumoured interest from Oz!

:dunno:
There’s no place like home, just ask the wizard.

BILLYHIBS
07-01-2019, 12:52 PM
There’s no place like home, just ask the wizard.

Yeah!

You should maybe speak to the Wizard about getting a sense of humour :greengrin

Keith_M
07-01-2019, 12:54 PM

Reported!

Edit: Too slow :greengrin