PDA

View Full Version : Jamie Maclaren

Pages : 1 [2]

Forza Fred
07-01-2019, 12:30 PM
I like JM and think he has not been fit on occasion and there has been a loss of form which I think we should live with.

I think out of the 3 players going to Australia games he may just benefit the most coming back from our POV. IMO we have a good squad that for me is better than a lot of the teams above us.

JM is for me a pretty small factor in our being 8th at this juncture. I think we have been let down by form loss from players whom have played more regularly, individual errors that have gone punished and folk can say "your not a manager" but I think NL has made some bad choices also.

I got pelters a while back for suggesting that Jamie was neither crap nor great, and I stick with that.

A nice, honest, articulate bloke,, but I honestly always questioned if he was ever international standard, and after the Jordan game and with an international scoring record nearly, but not quite as bad as Scott MacDonald's, I think he has spurned his last chance.

Yes, he makes 'in behind' runs, but he is incapable of making chances for himself, and if you play as a poacher, you need to be able to do that, as if you are not scoring goals, you are not contributing.

Jamie was described as 'anonymous' after the Jordan game,and I think he will only get a start if injuries to other strikers don't clear up..even then he needs a Scott Allan just behind him..

Unfortunately his international form is similar to his current league form with us, and it may be in both our interests for him to seek pastures new.

SirDavidsNapper
07-01-2019, 01:21 PM
I got pelters a while back for suggesting that Jamie was neither crap nor great, and I stick with that.

A nice, honest, articulate bloke,, but I honestly always questioned if he was ever international standard, and after the Jordan game and with an international scoring record nearly, but not quite as bad as Scott MacDonald's, I think he has spurned his last chance.

Yes, he makes 'in behind' runs, but he is incapable of making chances for himself, and if you play as a poacher, you need to be able to do that, as if you are not scoring goals, you are not contributing.

Jamie was described as 'anonymous' after the Jordan game,and I think he will only get a start if injuries to other strikers don't clear up..even then he needs a Scott Allan just behind him..

Unfortunately his international form is similar to his current league form with us, and it may be in both our interests for him to seek pastures new.

I'm hoping the acquisition of Gauld will create the chances MacLaren needs. We all know we are lacking creativity and it's no surprise Jamie and Flo's goals have dried up since last season when Allan was creating things. Like you say he struggles to make chances for himself. Hyndman was the man signed for that task but he was a massive let down.

Captain Trips
07-01-2019, 01:24 PM

Thats a good reply to my points. NL has an important decision to make in that does he go for a striker now on the belief that JM isnt quite right this season or does he look at other departments and "hope" he is on form when returns.

He could of course sign a striker he wants and keep JM but would we not be looking to fee up a wage. Interesting window ahead. The position we are in just now players need to be performing as soon as we restart and that will incude new players.

WhileTheChief..
07-01-2019, 01:45 PM
Reported!

Edit: Too slow :greengrin

Haha. Yeah, i didn’t get the gag first time around either!

Waxy
07-01-2019, 04:37 PM
Yeah!

You should maybe speak to the Wizard about getting a sense of humour :greengrin

Your not wrong.

jacomo
07-01-2019, 10:00 PM
Thats a good reply to my points. NL has an important decision to make in that does he go for a striker now on the belief that JM isnt quite right this season or does he look at other departments and "hope" he is on form when returns.

He could of course sign a striker he wants and keep JM but would we not be looking to fee up a wage. Interesting window ahead. The position we are in just now players need to be performing as soon as we restart and that will incude new players.

Neil says we’re looking at one or two strikers. I took that as depending on whether Jamie moves on.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
07-01-2019, 10:08 PM
With Gauld coming, and hopefully Allan - we will see the best of Macca again IMO.

The_Horde
07-01-2019, 10:11 PM
With Gauld coming, and hopefully Allan - we will see the best of Macca again IMO.

I think he'll be away.

hfc rd
07-01-2019, 10:48 PM
I think he'll be away.

Same, especially with Lennon mentioning that he would like to bring in 2 new strikers.

Allant1981
08-01-2019, 06:45 AM
Same, especially with Lennon mentioning that he would like to bring in 2 new strikers.

He also said to add to what is here already

GoalsMcGinley
08-01-2019, 06:45 AM
Lennon wants 1/2strikers “to add to what we’ve got”. Can’t see him moving on

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Viva_Palmeiras
08-01-2019, 06:47 AM
Lennon wants 1/2strikers “to add to what we’ve got”. Can’t see him moving on

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Talked about the need for competition can only have competition if we have more places than positions.

Diclonius
08-01-2019, 07:04 AM
He'll be away if we get two strikers in. Might stay if we only get one.

jacomo
08-01-2019, 01:03 PM
Talked about the need for competition can only have competition if we have more places than positions.

We’ve already got 4 strikers in the first team squad, plus squirrel who sometimes plays up front. If we sign 2 more there will be movement out the door, no question.

J-C
08-01-2019, 01:19 PM
We’ve already got 4 strikers in the first team squad, plus squirrel who sometimes plays up front. If we sign 2 more there will be movement out the door, no question.

Boyle is out injured, Allan is a stop gap and will be released at the end of the season, Gullan is a young Dev player starting out on his senior career and Shaw is inbetween Dev and 1st team level. We definitely need 1 maybe 2 1st team level strikers.

SirDavidsNapper
08-01-2019, 01:27 PM
Boyle is out injured, Allan is a stop gap and will be released at the end of the season, Gullan is a young Dev player starting out on his senior career and Shaw is inbetween Dev and 1st team level. We definitely need 1 maybe 2 1st team level strikers.

:agree:

horseflesh
08-01-2019, 01:39 PM

Nah, 2 strikers and 2 development players. Boyle should never be playing through the middle unless it’s tactical.
I feel Hibs should always have at least 4 senior strikers on the books

Brightside
08-01-2019, 02:15 PM
He'll be away if we get two strikers in. Might stay if we only get one.

He will be away if we can get someone to take him.

J-C
08-01-2019, 02:29 PM
Nah, 2 strikers and 2 development players. Boyle should never be playing through the middle unless it’s tactical.
I feel Hibs should always have at least 4 senior strikers on the books

Depends how we set up, 4-2-3-1/4-3-3/4-5-1 means we only need 2 1st team strikers, we only need more playing 2 up top.

MrSmith
08-01-2019, 02:38 PM

sounds like something else going on there?

Winston Ingram
08-01-2019, 02:44 PM

Can we not just cancel the loan?

flash
08-01-2019, 02:47 PM
Can we not just cancel the loan?

Maybe we would have to pay if we did that?

Allant1981
08-01-2019, 02:48 PM

Why would we need to get someone to take him when he is only on loan?

Brightside
08-01-2019, 02:57 PM
Why would we need to get someone to take him when he is only on loan?

Hes on a 1yr loan. Deal would have to be cancelled. Hibs have entered into a deal with the German club for that period. You cant just cancel and send him back.

Hibbyradge
08-01-2019, 03:07 PM

Can we move a loan player to another club?

Gmack7
08-01-2019, 03:09 PM
unless there was a clause allowing us to send him back, the fact that we haven't suggedts he's staying at ER which I'm pleased about

Brightside
08-01-2019, 03:16 PM
Can we move a loan player to another club?

We cant move him. Needs to be agreed with the player and the holding club. The Melbourne idea was expected to be the way forward but its gone quiet again.

Allant1981
08-01-2019, 04:53 PM
Hes on a 1yr loan. Deal would have to be cancelled. Hibs have entered into a deal with the German club for that period. You cant just cancel and send him back.

That's a bit different though to what you said

Iggy Pope
08-01-2019, 04:58 PM

It often is.

jacomo
08-01-2019, 05:00 PM

:yawn:

I really feel some people on here could have an argument in an empty room.

Fundamentally - and without being a pedant - the essence of what underscore wrote makes sense.

Allant1981
08-01-2019, 05:02 PM
:yawn:

I really feel some people on here could have an argument in an empty room.

Fundamentally - and without being a pedant - the essence of what underscore wrote makes sense.

It makes no sense, we don't have to find a club for him, he is not our player

And wasn't trying to start any argument, was merely asking a question as I wasn't sure, is that ok?

Here’s Lucy!
08-01-2019, 05:12 PM
The guy's pony.

jeffers
08-01-2019, 05:19 PM

And wasn't trying to start any argument, was merely asking a question as I wasn't sure, is that ok?
I imagine we don't that's probably down to his agent.

Allant1981
08-01-2019, 05:21 PM
I imagine we don't that's probably down to his agent.

That's what I thought but thought I'd ask the question

jeffers
08-01-2019, 05:24 PM
That's what I thought but thought I'd ask the question

👍

BSEJVT
08-01-2019, 05:29 PM

He is contracted to us for the season the same as our other players.

I take it you don't disagree that we would either have to find another club for them or pay them off?

There are far to many folk on this board who think that because they want something to happen they just need to click their fingers and hey presto it has.

Allant1981
08-01-2019, 05:36 PM
He is contracted to us for the season the same as our other players.

I take it you don't disagree that we would either have to find another club for them or pay them off?

There are far to many folk on this board who think that because they want something to happen they just need to click their fingers and hey presto it has.

I don't know how the ins and out of contracts work hence the question, I don't work in football so no idea., I'm guessing yes there will be some pay off to cancel the contract but I highly doubt we are actively looking for a club for him

jeffers
08-01-2019, 05:56 PM
I don't know how the ins and out of contracts work hence the question, I don't work in football so no idea., I'm guessing yes there will be some pay off to cancel the contract but I highly doubt we are actively looking for a club for him

I don't see what you said wrong if I'm honest. If it's true we are happy to let JM would move on we'd make him aware of that and in turn he'd advise his agent who would alert clubs to his availability. I'd also expect us to have a chat with Darmstadt.

While I appreciate it's a different situation, we've told Ross Laidlaw he is free to leave if he can find another club. I wouldn't expect us to find him one though.

The 90+2
08-01-2019, 05:58 PM

No it’s not. The poster is clearly indicating if another party is willing to take McLaren on either a permanent or loan then it would be a good enough reason for us to cancel the loan we have to suit all parties.

Hibs the club themselves won’t be looking for clubs to move him onto but I’m sure if we don’t want to keep him and he wants to play football regularly then it would be in his best interests and the club if we can find someone to take him.

The 90+2
08-01-2019, 06:02 PM
I don't see what you said wrong if I'm honest. If it's true we are happy to let JM would move on we'd make him aware of that and in turn he'd advise his agent who would alert clubsavailability. I'd also expect us to have a chat with Darmstadt.

While I appreciate it's a different situation, we've told Ross Laidlaw he is free to leave if he can find another club. I wouldn't expect us to find him one or though.

It’s a figure of speech, “we” being everyone(all parties). At least I think that’s the case.

jeffers
08-01-2019, 06:09 PM
It’s a figure of speech, “we” being everyone(all parties). At least I think that’s the case.

That makes sense. I took Allant's point to be Hibs specifically and I agree with him on that.

I hope we keep JM though unless he does have an underlying injury. With Ryan Gauld and hopefully Scott Allan supplying him I still think he could come good. Suppose it depends though on who we could replace him with.

Allant1981
08-01-2019, 06:16 PM
That makes sense. I took Allant's point to be Hibs specifically and I agree with him on that.

I hope we keep JM though unless he does have an underlying injury. With Ryan Gauld and hopefully Scott Allan supplying him I still think he could come good. Suppose it depends though on who we could replace him with.

Yeah I meant hibs

Forza Fred
08-01-2019, 07:33 PM

Exactly.

I have no problem if we get rid of ANZy player, provided we replace him with a better one.

At the moment, we don’t have an abundance of players, and a reasonable one is better than no player!

Brightside
08-01-2019, 08:39 PM

Ok.

1. He is under a 1 yr contract with us.
2. If we cancel that we will be due money to his parent team.
3. If the player, his parent club, and Hibs agree they can find another team to take on the remaining part of his loan deal. The parent club dont have to actively do anything though as they already have a singed 1 year deal with us.
4. His agent and Hibs were in contact with Melbourne. This would have suited the player
5. That has now gone quiet.

IF we want rid WE need to do some leg work to help find him a new club, or we keep him, or we pay off the german team and send him back.

calumhibee1
08-01-2019, 08:44 PM
Ok.

3. If the player, his parent club, and Hibs agree they can find another team to take on the remaining part of his loan deal. The parent club dont have to actively do anything though as they already have a singed 1 year deal with us.
4. His agent and Hibs were in contact with Melbourne. This would have suited the player

IF we want rid WE need to do some leg work to help find him a new club, or we keep him, or we pay off the german team and send him back.

That’s how I’d expect it to go. If Hibs want rid then it’s in our best interest to do a bit of the leg work to try and make it happen. His parent club might be happy enough with the current arrangement so there might be no incentive on their part to do any of it.

Winston Ingram
08-01-2019, 09:17 PM
Maybe we would have to pay if we did that?

Worth considering

Winston Ingram
08-01-2019, 09:19 PM

It’s not in our or their interests for him to stay imo.

He’s their asset and his value is only coming down if he stays here.

Winston Ingram
08-01-2019, 09:23 PM
Ok.

Shame about the Melbourne thing. If we’re after Shankland, I wonder if we could send him to Ayr:hmmm:

angus hibby
08-01-2019, 09:36 PM
Not sure how many games MacLaren has started this season but I reckon three or four at most. It wasn’t that long ago, possibly even the 4th or 5th last game he started for us, he scored a hat-trick against Rangers. He was excellent towards end of last season and rumours of a niggling injury may explain what’s happened this season. I’d be disappointed if we let him go early, especially if we add a bit of creative flair in behind him.

Are people really wanting to bin a World Cup international striker for Shankland??

J-C
08-01-2019, 09:39 PM
Ok.

Pretty sure Ryan Gauld was on a season long loan but maybe he's pushed for this move as he may feel it's right for his career, I wonder what his loan club in Portugal thought about his deal being cancelled and him joining us.

J-C
08-01-2019, 09:42 PM
Not sure how many games MacLaren has started this season but I reckon three or four at most. It wasn’t that long ago, possibly even the 4th or 5th last game he started for us, he scored a hat-trick against Rangers. He was excellent towards end of last season and rumours of a niggling injury may explain what’s happened this season. I’d be disappointed if we let him go early, especially if we add a bit of creative flair in behind him.

Are people really wanting to bin a World Cup international striker for Shankland??

Not quite a world cup internationalist, picked for the squad yes, played none.

jacomo
08-01-2019, 09:42 PM

It would be a great shame if his time with us ended this way but he really has contributed very little this season, even accounting for the injuries.

He’s not our player anyhow so if he’s unhappy and it’s not working... maybe it’s for the best?