PDA

View Full Version : players at risk of the cut in January

steelendhibs
20-12-2018, 03:48 PM
Not a witch hunt against any players as I am sure every one of them does their best. However, I think there will be some movement in January. Wonder what every one else thinks...

Laid law. ...heard he had a meeting with Lennon on Monday. Could be a wage freed up?

Mavrias.....not shown enough to have an extension I would have thought.

Nelom.....if we can move him out that would free up a wage. He can't displace Stevenson and isn't even preferred to Mackie so would imagine his days could be numbered one way or another.

Agyepong.....it's a shame, but if there is an option to send him back to Man City it should be taken as the poor guy obviously just can't get himself to first team ready status at this point in his career

MacLaren. ....ddifficult one. Can obviously score goals and I hope he is just being eased into things, but some may think he could be sent bak to Germany early?

HoboHarry
20-12-2018, 04:10 PM
Five days away from the Christmas and here we are on .net with more negative crap. What's that? Just starting an honest debate you say? Ok then......

Gies peace FFS....

Hiber-nation
20-12-2018, 04:14 PM
Five days away from the Christmas and here we are on .net with more negative crap. What's that? Just starting an honest debate you say? Ok then......

Gies peace FFS....

Don't see anything wrong with the thread at all.

B.H.F.C
20-12-2018, 04:14 PM

Gies peace FFS....

It’s only negative if you choose to perceive it that way.

Last January we got rid of our two top goal scorers to free up wages and that didn’t turn out too badly did it?

The OP raises a valid point and none of the players mentioned have really contributed for various reasons so it wouldn’t be a surprise if they did go to make way for players who will contribute.

supermcginn
20-12-2018, 04:17 PM

Gies peace FFS....

It's a football message board and the transfer window opens in 11 days, nowt wrong with this thread. Only one of those named I'd be sad to see go is agyepong but if he can't get fit there's no point keeping him.

Famous Fiver
20-12-2018, 04:20 PM
Can we have a thread to ditch the useless posters on here?

Lee Marvin
20-12-2018, 04:34 PM

Gies peace FFS....

Nae bother HappyHarry

CMurdoch
20-12-2018, 04:36 PM
From the OP's list I home that Laidlaw can get fixed up with something decent.
He has done well when called upon so deserves to catch a wave

cmcd
20-12-2018, 04:43 PM
can we have a thread to ditch the useless posters on here?

this

Bangkok Hibby
20-12-2018, 04:49 PM
Decent opening post asking for a discussion about something that is 100% going to happen.The only possible negative conotations could be discussing players who have a solid chance of staying.
For me Agyepong may reluctantly be returned

wookie70
20-12-2018, 04:49 PM
Laidlaw will depend on what Rocky's injury is like surely. The other players have offered little due to not being able to break into the squad through injury or ability. MacLaren is a ddifficult one but without knowing the injury we are speculating. Based on the first half of the season our money would be better spent elsewhere.

Ryan69
20-12-2018, 04:54 PM

Gies peace FFS....

Maybe people should clear it with you before making a thread.

Dont see whats wrong with it.

Deciding what happens with these players shapens up how the January window will go for us.

Pretty Boy
20-12-2018, 04:58 PM
Give everyone lifetime contracts, build a statue of Lennon, call for Leeann to be canonised and ensure Rod has a lifetime supply of 'tache wax.

Anything else is just needless negativity and you should be thoroughly ashamed. It's near Christmas as well which is somehow relevant.

MWHIBBIES
20-12-2018, 05:00 PM
Nothing wrong with the thread at all. Don't remember reading anything about having to post certain things in line with the festive spirit.

There is no real point in getting rid of Laidlaw. Bogdan will probably be away at the end of the season, leaving Laidlaw and Rocky. If we let him go now we'll just have to sign someone else. Might as well keep the solid back up we've got.

Agyepong probably has to go sadly. Nelon as well. Mavrias deserves more of a chance IMO, think he could be decent.

Pretty Boy
20-12-2018, 05:02 PM
Nothing wrong with the thread at all. Don't remember reading anything about having to post certain things in line with the festive spirit.

There is no real point in getting rid of Laidlaw. Bogdan will probably be away at the end of the season, leaving Laidlaw and Rocky. If we let him go now we'll just have to sign someone else. Might as well keep the solid back up we've got.

Agyepong probably has to go sadly. Nelon as well. Mavrias deserves more of a chance IMO, think he could be decent.

I think Laidlaw has expressed a desire to leave as he said he is uncomfortable picking up a wage for doing nothing. He's injured at the moment anyway and I've no long how long he's expected to be out for.

MWHIBBIES
20-12-2018, 05:04 PM
I think Laidlaw has expressed a desire to leave as he said he is uncomfortable picking up a wage for doing nothing. He's injured at the moment anyway and I've no long how long he's expected to be out for.I'll swap with him and he can take my job. I have no qualms about taking a wage for doing nothing :greengrin

Shame really, I actually think he's a really solid goalie. Was impressed with the improvement in his distribution when he played vs County earlier in the season.

Jamesie
20-12-2018, 05:04 PM
Laidlaw will depend on what Rocky's injury is like surely.

I think that has to be right, esp given Bogdan has had his injury issues an at one stage in the first half it looked like he had a recurrence (and I note that his long range deliveries were curtailed for some time after that with Ambrose taking custody of the ball far more regularly from him). Can't imagine keeping Laidlaw until the end of the season would cost a massive amount either.

The Green Goblin
20-12-2018, 05:05 PM
The thread is fine. The op made a point of writing it in a way that was sensitive to the content of the thread. (IMO)

Ozyhibby
20-12-2018, 05:17 PM
Doesn’t even come down to ability sometimes. Hyndman looks decent but he is easier to shift on than some others and it may be that we need to move some out before others arrive. Bring in Allan from Celtic.
I would try persuade Milligan to move back to Oz if possible. He doesn’t look up to SPFL level. Spend some dough and replace him with Kamara from Dundee.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

J-C
20-12-2018, 05:30 PM
Dabrowski the reserve laddie from Poland is a decent keeper by all accounts, if Laidlaw goes, he'll be more than capable of filling in. Mavrias and Nelom should both move on, haven't added anything, MacLaren is a strange one but if he isn't getting quoted ahead of Shaw we may as well free up his wages for someone else, Agyepong is injury prone so no loss there. I'd say we're looking at 3-4 players for January.

A Hi-Bee
20-12-2018, 05:41 PM
Just a few weeks ago some on here wanted rid of half the team :wink:

danhibees1875
20-12-2018, 05:41 PM
Laidlaw out on loan would be a good option to give him game time while retaining him as a Hibs player if we can't keep Bogdan in the summer.

hibbydog
20-12-2018, 06:49 PM
Decent thread and I think it would do us good to free wages up from the above players, but I’d argue that MacLaren showed enough last season to deserve a go until the end of the season.

I’d personally invest the wages in a smaller number of better players, say 2-3 guaranteed starters.

Easier said than done though, esp in January.

FRes Hibbie
20-12-2018, 07:09 PM
Only seen him once but I quite liked the look of mavrais. Has nelom played at all?

Hermit Crab
20-12-2018, 07:12 PM
MacLaren has to be on a sticky given a development squad player is preferred to him.

Sir David Gray
20-12-2018, 07:33 PM
Only seen him once but I quite liked the look of mavrais. Has nelom played at all?

Nelom's played in three games so far. 6-0 and 1-0 wins v Hamilton and 3-0 loss to Kilmarnock.

Weegreenman
20-12-2018, 07:53 PM
MacLaren has to be on a sticky given a development squad player is preferred to him.

Massive disapointment considering the big firore surrounding us getting him back. Shame really!

Billy Whizz
20-12-2018, 07:57 PM

Shaw isn’t a Development player, he’s a 1st team player

Viva_Palmeiras
20-12-2018, 08:16 PM
Can we have a thread to ditch the useless posters on here?

Hehe. Could be a fun experiment but would end in carnage. We’d only spend 18 months debating the definition of “useless”.

Viva_Palmeiras
20-12-2018, 08:18 PM

Geniune question as it appears to have been lost in the cross fire - has he or has he not been injured?

Rumble de Thump
20-12-2018, 08:20 PM
Geniune question as it appears to have been lost in the cross fire - has he or has he not been injured?

He got a back injury in September so has been recovering and getting up to speed again.

hibsboy69
20-12-2018, 11:08 PM

Gies peace FFS....

Dummy Tit Alert ! :dummytit:

cleanyman
20-12-2018, 11:18 PM
I'd punt the following -

Nelom
Mavrias
Agyepong

I'd keep the rest UNLESS we make some quality signings. If we do I'm punting McLaren, Shaw out on loan, Laidlaw and Hyndman

CMurdoch
20-12-2018, 11:54 PM
Mavrias, out of contract in January - Gone
Hyndmann, loan up in January - loan will be extended unless we can get someone else of quality into the midfield
MacLaren, will be costing us a pretty penny and won't be back until February - we will probably try to jettison him if we can a good striker in. I suspect we won't be able to so he will stay till summer.
Angypong, sadly looks like he will be continually injured. Gone

Other folk have mentioned Nelom: he has a contract until the summer so will sit tight unless he gets a decent offer from elsewhere.

Laidlaw, out of contract in the summer, if we are not offering him another contract he will be keen to move onto a permanent contract elsewhere in January.

Ambrose, out of contract in the summer, I trust we are already trying to get him to sign a new deal.

Bogdan, on loan till the summer, as per Ambrose I hope we are sounding him out about a pre contract.

McGregor, out of contract in the summer, sadly i think injuries have caught up with him and he will go.

Gray, needs to be playing regularly in the second half of the season, otherwise a new contract may not be forthcoming if Lennon decides his injury record is unlikely to improve.

Lots of work for the club to be getting on with between now and next season.

stoneyburn hibs
21-12-2018, 12:09 AM
The bottom line is that we hopefully won't have any more injuries going into the derby.

SChibs
21-12-2018, 03:00 AM
I don't understand why so many are wanting rid of Hyndman rather than trying to extend his loan. In the period he was out injured we didn't win a single game and since his return we've won 2 and drawn 1 from 3 games.

Heisenberg
21-12-2018, 06:41 AM
I don't understand why so many are wanting rid of Hyndman rather than trying to extend his loan. In the period he was out injured we didn't win a single game and since his return we've won 2 and drawn 1 from 3 games.

I would definitely want to keep him. Very good player.

Hermit Crab
21-12-2018, 07:51 AM
He got a back injury in September so has been recovering and getting up to speed again.

By sitting on the bench not playing?

we are hibs
21-12-2018, 08:05 AM

He's the only midfielder we have at the minute who wants to run at people and a bit of drive from the midfield. But it it was a choice between Allan and Hyndman I would send Hyndman back. Hopefully we keep him and get Allan.

SChibs
21-12-2018, 12:45 PM
He's the only midfielder we have at the minute who wants to run at people and a bit of drive from the midfield. But it it was a choice between Allan and Hyndman I would send Hyndman back. Hopefully we keep him and get Allan.

I agree with Allan being the better player. They are both very similar so would be a waste of time having them both possibly. Only issue would be Hyndman is playing very well but Allan hasn't played since he last played for us. It could take him time to get up to speed or he could hit the ground running like he done last time

skyhibs
21-12-2018, 01:14 PM

Gies peace FFS....

If if you don’t like the thread just don’t view it... I think it’s a great thread and as someone else said it defo gonna happen

Would be great if we can get a few in to be able to let go a few others as well... right back springs to mind instantly

CLASS OF 72 -73
21-12-2018, 03:02 PM

Gies peace FFS....

Coming up for the January transfer opening and the fact there are a few under performing and loan player injuries nothing wrong with the discussion.
Gies peace FFS:na na:

Allant1981
21-12-2018, 05:09 PM
I'd punt the following -

Nelom
Mavrias
Agyepong

I'd keep the rest UNLESS we make some quality signings. If we do I'm punting McLaren, Shaw out on loan, Laidlaw and Hyndman

There's not a chance we are signing 3 or 4 strikers so no way will both Shaw and Maclaren leave in January, possibly Maclaren as he may want more game time

franck sauzee
21-12-2018, 05:32 PM
I can't believe we're talking about Shaw going out on loan. No chance that's happening when he's developing with us

Allant1981
21-12-2018, 05:39 PM
I can't believe we're talking about Shaw going out on loan. No chance that's happening when he's developing with us

If we sign a couple of decent strikers he won't get many games though. I don't think he will go though

eastmainsmsh
21-12-2018, 05:47 PM
Shaw did well at start of season think he will be a great asset for Hibs

CraigHibee
22-12-2018, 12:49 AM
I don't think mclaren is fully fit at the moment, we know he is a player and I'm hoping he get his fitness levels back again as he can find the net

Michael
22-12-2018, 12:53 AM
If we sign a couple of decent strikers he won't get many games though. I don't think he will go though

Realistically we could sign 1 striker better than Shaw (at the moment), but not two. He can still contribute to our season.