PDA

View Full Version : Huns "folk songs"

hughio
20-12-2018, 10:52 AM
Thankfully significantly less sectarian bile last night.

But that Leigh Griffiths thing.....what can any decent person say?

BullsCloseHibs
20-12-2018, 11:13 AM

What were they saying about LG?

CentreLine
20-12-2018, 11:15 AM

Couldn’t make out what they were singing but did not seem to be offensive. Had it not been for the late burst of hello hello towards the end of the game it would have been a fair boost to my faith in human nature

BILLYHIBS
20-12-2018, 11:16 AM

Still too much sectarian pish coming from their end for my liking

Leigh Griffiths song?

What can any right thinking person say? :confused:

Did not agree with the Irish tricolour being produced at the West South Lower at the end of the game but well worth it just to see the radge neanderthal reaction from the Hun horde as they complained to the local constabulary about getting a taste of their own medicine

Anyone else notice Alan Macgregors orange outfit? :confused:

Johnny Clash
20-12-2018, 11:16 AM
At back of East I couldn’t make out most of he words of their wee songs and probably just as well !! I did hear them chanter on about Derry, Aughrim, Enniskillen and Boyne. Are they new signings?

hughio
20-12-2018, 11:17 AM
"Leigh Griffiths...he won't play football again"

Sad people

Frazerbob
20-12-2018, 11:18 AM
Something like ‘here’s to you Leigh Griffiths, you playing football any more....’. Utter 5cum.

wookie70
20-12-2018, 11:24 AM
Waiting for the gates to open behind the west was the usual hate filled Fenian this and that for 10 minutes. Then literally out of the blue came a loud shout of season's greetings to you all" There are some proper The Rangers fans among the debris.

ChooseLife
20-12-2018, 11:33 AM
Section 43 row DD and EE had a few belters last night

I've heard the Stokesy's Da song before so wasn't surprised to hear that but last night was the first time I've heard "Oh ah up the ra", it was sang twice by about 10-12 people, 1 person booed them but I don't think they even noticed, one of the boys was a mixed race gentleman who had a voice like the smokers from chewin the fat, smoking and drinking in the stand too.

JeMeSouviens
20-12-2018, 11:33 AM
Couldn’t make out what they were singing but did not seem to be offensive. Had it not been for the late burst of hello hello towards the end of the game it would have been a fair boost to my faith in human nature

They sang their song with the Fields of Athenry tune (join the YCV, **** Bobby Sands, etc) multiple times. We also got the Sash (with a new tune I think) and, as you say, the Billy Boys.

New Rangers on the pitch, same old Huns in the stands. :rolleyes:

Sean1875
20-12-2018, 11:43 AM

I've heard the Stokesy's Da song before so wasn't surprised to hear that but last night was the first time I've heard "Oh ah up the ra", it was sang twice by about 10-12 people, 1 person booed them but I don't think they even noticed, one of the boys was a mixed race gentleman who had a voice like the smokers from chewin the fat, smoking and drinking in the stand too.

I sit a few rows down from him in 43 and cant help but laugh when I hear him singing, genuinely thought he was taking the piss for the first few games :faf:

Sir David Gray
20-12-2018, 11:48 AM
They were singing "**** Leigh Griffiths, he won't be playing football anymore..."

You stay classy, huns. :aok:

Jamesie
20-12-2018, 11:52 AM
They were singing "**** Leigh Griffiths, he won't be playing football anymore..."

Yup that got more than a few renditions. A number of songs I hadn't heard before in evidence last night but certainly seemed to be quite "folky" in nature and clearly well rehearsed by the travelling hordes. I'm reluctant to give the benefit of the doubt when it comes to whether these ditties were innocent. Curiously for once I didn't hear Neil Lennon being the subject of specific ire and fury from their support - that must be a first?

Hermit Crab
20-12-2018, 12:21 PM
Waiting for the gates to open behind the west was the usual hate filled Fenian this and that for 10 minutes. Then literally out of the blue came a loud shout of season's greetings to you all" There are some proper The Rangers fans among the debris.

See when you restrict their allocation you find a lot of the erseholes cant' get tickets and its the more decent fans that go, rather than the absolute nuggets that go to games. I had a civilised convo with one of them in the Co-op on ER last night, we were discussing how this was a massive game and how the 26th could be a stormer of a match. He even said we were brilliant against Celtic and thought they might get a doing last night.

GreenCastle
20-12-2018, 12:39 PM
Found it hilarious when they sang God Save the Queen.

Cringe !

CentreLine
20-12-2018, 12:48 PM

Cringe !

Yes and there were a few extra words thrown in even to the national anthem. Odd behaviour for such a loyal bunch

SirDavidsNapper
20-12-2018, 12:51 PM
Anyone see the video of the Sevco players getting off the team bus outside Easter Road with Simply The Best blaring? Utter cringe.

Springbank
20-12-2018, 01:23 PM

Cringe !

To be fair, they should sing this one while they still can.

There won't be a British Union in a few months time (if there's any sanity left in this island), and the queen is getting on a bit herself too.

AndyM_1875
20-12-2018, 01:24 PM

Cringe !

The reverential forelock being tugged (when they're not tugging themselves) by der Hun is one of the most cringe inducing things I've heard.

yonder1875
20-12-2018, 01:30 PM
It’s just a minority, right?

yonder1875
20-12-2018, 01:31 PM
Don’t get why our fans boo their sectarian *****, they want a reaction out of us. Let them be weird on their own and give them no attention.

NAE NOOKIE
20-12-2018, 03:10 PM
To be honest apart from the old favourites we all know and love I have no idea what they are singing most of the time, but going by their long standing MO the default position has to be that its almost certainly some sort of sectarian bull****.

From some of the comments on here it seems like we had a few ( thankfully just a few ) in our ranks trying to join in with the sectarian party …. I sincerely wish that at this season of good will to all men and brotherly love they would get to **** and keep their unwanted nonsense away from Easter Road.

NAE NOOKIE
20-12-2018, 03:13 PM

Cringe !

Forelock tugging peasants …. first against the wall when Scotland becomes a republic :aok:

Iggy Pope
20-12-2018, 04:16 PM
I've said before that I don't get offended by the monotonous tripe they sing. I got over it when I was 15.
Anyone who believes 'The Sash' to be anything other than a folk song though is misguided.

Famous Fiver
20-12-2018, 04:18 PM
One banner advertising the Lanarkshire Battalion.

Hilarious!!

FRes Hibbie
20-12-2018, 05:40 PM

They’re the same every week. Total wallopers.

A Hi-Bee
20-12-2018, 05:55 PM
If we get them reduced down to 8 or 900 then it will just be like a wee sing song amongst themselfs no one else is going to hear much from them, reduced the numbers at Easter Rd even more thats the only way to deal with them ********s.

Mick O'Rourke
20-12-2018, 06:10 PM
The OP thought there was less "sectarian bile" last night.(just wisnae as loud as normal)

Their total song book is sectarian.
Has been since this club was formed,
The old club had similar triumphalist numbers,right enough.

The only breath of fresh air last night was the tribute song to Freddie Mercury near the end of the game.

All i want for Christmas is for them to die again
Scotland's Shame

Hermit Crab
20-12-2018, 06:11 PM
Definitely less sectarian pish than normal and imo, thats down to cutting the allocation.

Keith_M
20-12-2018, 07:42 PM
I've said before that I don't get offended by the monotonous tripe they sing. I got over it when I was 15.
Anyone who believes 'The Sash' to be anything other than a folk song though is misguided.

Folk the Queen?

BILLYHIBS
20-12-2018, 07:45 PM
Folk the Queen?
You’ve still got it mate! :greengrin

IGRIGI
20-12-2018, 07:48 PM
I like it when they sing GSTQ, it makes it crystal clear to the yoons amongst the Hibs support who they are on side with politically.

Iggy Pope
20-12-2018, 08:03 PM
Folk the Queen?

Not even with yours, no.

Geo_1875
20-12-2018, 09:16 PM
Definitely less sectarian pish than normal and imo, thats down to cutting the allocation.

They don't do non-sectarian. Every song they sing is either blatantly anti-Catholic, anti-Irish or has alternative words added to that effect.

GreenCastle
20-12-2018, 09:44 PM
Like others couldn't make out a word of their songs anyway - so really didn't bother me :faf:

They try so hard but I think most folk these days just laugh them off :greengrin

One Day Soon
20-12-2018, 09:57 PM
forelock tugging peasants …. First against the wall when scotland becomes a republic :aok:

wtf?

NAE NOOKIE
20-12-2018, 10:41 PM
[QUOTE=One Day Soon;5636834]wtf?[/QUOTE

Oh .. sorry:

Forelock tugging peasants:

Allegedly sane and normal ( sic ) people in a 21st century country singing a song glorifying a bog standard human being just because of her apparent status as 'better than them' just because of the family she was born into and therefor by definition setting her above themselves as medieval serfs or peasants would have done to a medieval monarch.

When Scotland becomes a republic:

When Scotland becomes an independent country where the position of head of state is not foisted upon any individual due to an accident of birth, but through merit and a democratic process.

Hope I've clarified that for you, happy to help :aok:

jacomo
20-12-2018, 10:46 PM

Ach... par for the course. Can’t imagine Leigh would lose any sleep over that.

One Day Soon
20-12-2018, 10:58 PM
[QUOTE=One Day Soon;5636834]wtf?[/QUOTE

Oh .. sorry:

Forelock tugging peasants:

Allegedly sane and normal ( sic ) people in a 21st century country singing a song glorifying a bog standard human being just because of her apparent status as 'better than them' just because of the family she was born into and therefor by definition setting her above themselves as medieval serfs or peasants would have done to a medieval monarch.

When Scotland becomes a republic:

When Scotland becomes an independent country where the position of head of state is not foisted upon any individual due to an accident of birth, but through merit and a democratic process.

Hope I've clarified that for you, happy to help :aok:

I don't really need an explanation of why they're sad people. Your "First against the wall" part on the other hand comes across pretty weirdly.

southsider
21-12-2018, 12:07 AM
[QUOTE=NAE NOOKIE;5636856]

I don't really need an explanation of why they're sad people. Your "First against the wall" part on the other hand comes across pretty weirdly.
Happy Christmas to all Hibs fans everywhere. God bless the Hibs.

Connollys11
21-12-2018, 12:42 AM
I like it when they sing GSTQ, it makes it crystal clear to the yoons amongst the Hibs support who they are on side with politically.
Absolutely agree with this.

NAE NOOKIE
21-12-2018, 12:54 AM
[QUOTE=NAE NOOKIE;5636856]

Jeezo mate it was a joke, even I don't think royalists should be shot … pitied yes, but shot no.

AgentDaleCooper
21-12-2018, 03:23 AM
in the interest of balance, i heard a fair few 'orange *******' shouts from around me in the west lower, and the only irish flag i saw appeared at the end of the game and was being waved very directly at the the rangers fans, the folk who were waving it were well pleased with themselves.

our sectarian problem is nothing compared to theirs, but it still exists.

Hibernia&Alba
21-12-2018, 03:28 AM
Sectarianism will continue for as along as folk can get away with it. In a week where both Chelsea and Arsenal were investigated for anti-Semitic chanting, Rangers have gotten away with sectarianism at every games for decades. A huge double standard in Scotland, as I'm sure anti-Semitic and Islamophobic chanting wouldn't be accepted here either.

Hibernia&Alba
21-12-2018, 03:31 AM
in the interest of balance, i heard a fair few 'orange *******' shouts from around me in the west lower, and the only irish flag i saw appeared at the end of the game and was being waved very directly at the the rangers fans, the folk who were waving it were well pleased with themselves.

our sectarian problem is nothing compared to theirs, but it still exists.

Chants about Orange so and so's are of course sectarian and unacceptable, but a national flag isn't. Produced to wind them up no doubt, but not a sectarian gesture.

SirDavidsNapper
21-12-2018, 06:22 AM
Like others couldn't make out a word of their songs anyway - so really didn't bother me :faf:

They try so hard but I think most folk these days just laugh them off :greengrin

It was a mixture of Northern Irish/Glaswegian and Neanderthal sung by slow minded individuals. Incomprehensible to most.

One Day
21-12-2018, 08:38 AM
I usually sit in FF lower but was in West for this game, nearer their end. Its good to get close to them and hear all their bull. Reminds you of why we hate them

Famous Fiver
21-12-2018, 09:03 AM
The bit that gets me is the solemn po-faced warning broadcast a few minutes before the game warning about various types of behaviour and the range of punishments as a consequence.

Then............nothing, zilch, zero action by the 'authorities'. 1600/1800 of them got to howl their vile sectarian bile for 90+ minutes with impunity.

Does anyone know if there were any arrests made as a result of their behaviour?

BILLYHIBS
21-12-2018, 09:12 AM
Nothing folky about them

Just purile sectarian hatred that belongs in the dark ages

Sectarianism in Scotland should be made a racist hate crime and The Rangers should be taken to task by the authorities over their condonation and lack of action over the unacceptable behaviour of a fairly large percentage of their fans

Frazerbob
21-12-2018, 09:52 AM
To be fair, they should sing this one while they still can.

There won't be a British Union in a few months time (if there's any sanity left in this island), and the queen is getting on a bit herself too.

When that glorious day arrives (not long now) we will still have the Queen (or King) as our ‘head of state’.

Vini1875
21-12-2018, 10:17 AM
To be honest apart from the old favourites we all know and love I have no idea what they are singing most of the time, but going by their long standing MO the default position has to be that its almost certainly some sort of sectarian bull****.

From some of the comments on here it seems like we had a few ( thankfully just a few ) in our ranks trying to join in with the sectarian party …. I sincerely wish that at this season of good will to all men and brotherly love they would get to **** and keep their unwanted nonsense away from Easter Road.

There is a hilarous clip on youtube of Cliftonville fans singing to Linfield fans who were giving it all the sectarian stuff and Cliftonville fans replied with "We wish you a Merry Christmas, we wish you a Merry Christmas...". Maybe we should've went for that.

RIP
21-12-2018, 10:30 AM

Apart from the odd curiosity lyric, Section 43 has got some of its Mojo back this season.

Both Sunday and Wednesday there were about 30 outbreaks of songs with a fair variety of different tunes.

Some petered our a little early for my taste but it’s great to hear the East bouncing again after a couple of quiet seasons.
GGTTH!

HUTCHYHIBBY
21-12-2018, 10:31 AM
Chants about Orange so and so's are of course sectarian and unacceptable, but a national flag isn't. Produced to wind them up no doubt, but not a sectarian gesture.

Come on now, everyone knows why that flag is paraded against them. Hiding behind semantics helps nobody.

Keith_M
21-12-2018, 11:31 AM
Not even with yours, no.

:greengrin

Keith_M
21-12-2018, 11:33 AM
When that glorious day arrives (not long now) we will still have the Queen (or King) as our ‘head of state’.

Possibly, but not for long.

I believe there will be a second referendum RE: the Monarchy.

Frazerbob
21-12-2018, 11:44 AM

Let’s hope so.

BILLYHIBS
21-12-2018, 12:07 PM

Say it Keekaboo

Folk the ..... !

Keith_M
21-12-2018, 12:13 PM
Say it Keekaboo

Folk the ..... !

:tsk tsk:

I'd just send them back to where they came from..... Coburg.

Mick O'Rourke
21-12-2018, 12:20 PM
[Chants about Orange so and so's are of course sectarian and unacceptable, but a national flag isn't. Produced to wind them up no doubt, but not a sectarian gesture.]

The Orange Order is a sectarian organisation
They parade annually with flute bands throughtout the British Isles expressing hatred for the Catholic faith and calling for us people of Irish descent "to go home as the famine is over "

There is nothing remotely sectarian in the flying of the Irish Tricolour at the Holy Ground.

The same applies to the "Erin go Bragh "flags.

I took a tricolour regularly to Easter Road in the sixties.

The Tricolour represents unity, not division.

Erin Go Bragh was the Hibernian Football Club original motto.

The younger fans who flaunt the flag at the bigots do so as a response to the distasteful/hateful /bigoted /sectarian songs from the Catholic haters.

As said in an earlier post, the day has surely come when the behaviour of these bigots at football matches need to be dealt with in the same manner as those who chant racist songs/comments at black players.

Our current and previous manager have been targeted by these bigots in the "cheer up" song
Nothing at all cheery about this vile song.

Had Stubbsy or Lenny been black,muslim or jewish would the authorities turn a blind eye to 40.000 odd bigots chanting obscenities at them or start taking action?

That's maybe rhetorical!;-)

Hearts took action the other week against some racist chanting and i believe some individuals have been charged.

As soon as these vile chants begin, the police have to start lifting those they see involved and make an example.

The laws are there to do this and our courts should not be soft in the prosecution and sentences of this criminality,

gillythehibby
21-12-2018, 05:40 PM
[Chants about Orange so and so's are of course sectarian and unacceptable, but a national flag isn't. Produced to wind them up no doubt, but not a sectarian gesture.]

The Orange Order is a sectarian organisation
They parade annually with flute bands throughtout the British Isles expressing hatred for the Catholic faith and calling for us people of Irish descent "to go home as the famine is over "

There is nothing remotely sectarian in the flying of the Irish Tricolour at the Holy Ground.

The same applies to the "Erin go Bragh "flags.

I took a tricolour regularly to Easter Road in the sixties.

The Tricolour represents unity, not division.

Erin Go Bragh was the Hibernian Football Club original motto.

The younger fans who flaunt the flag at the bigots do so as a response to the distasteful/hateful /bigoted /sectarian songs from the Catholic haters.

As said in an earlier post, the day has surely come when the behaviour of these bigots at football matches need to be dealt with in the same manner as those who chant racist songs/comments at black players.

Our current and previous manager have been targeted by these bigots in the "cheer up" song
Nothing at all cheery about this vile song.

Had Stubbsy or Lenny been black,muslim or jewish would the authorities turn a blind eye to 40.000 odd bigots chanting obscenities at them or start taking action?

That's maybe rhetorical!;-)

Hearts took action the other week against some racist chanting and i believe some individuals have been charged.

As soon as these vile chants begin, the police have to start lifting those they see involved and make an example.

The laws are there to do this and our courts should not be soft in the prosecution and sentences of this criminality,

Spot on this. I'm 50 years old now and never known them to sing anything different. Personally I couldn't give two hoots. Not sure why people actually get offended at their stance and songs. Lets us all jnow who they are and where they stand. They're a scabby mob and always have been. If Hibs fans are winding them up or answering their bile by flying the flag of our History, then keep it coming

Moulin Yarns
21-12-2018, 05:46 PM
:tsk tsk:

I'd just send them back to where they came from..... Coburg.

With the sound of the saxe in their ears.

maguire1875
21-12-2018, 06:16 PM
:top marks
Spot on this. I'm 50 years old now and never known them to sing anything different. Personally I couldn't give two hoots. Not sure why people actually get offended at their stance and songs. Lets us all jnow who they are and where they stand. They're a scabby mob and always have been. If Hibs fans are winding them up or answering their bile by flying the flag of our History, then keep it coming

SingaporeHibs
21-12-2018, 06:30 PM
You know it’s a club rotten to the core when they come to away grounds and the team cover the Physio tables in Union Jack towels. You couldn’t make that up!! GGTTH

Hibernia&Alba
22-12-2018, 12:22 AM
Come on now, everyone knows why that flag is paraded against them. Hiding behind semantics helps nobody.

It isn't semantics at all HH. Why is the Irish flag sectarian? I'm sure it was there to noise them up, due to their anti-Irish bigotry, but there's nothing sectarian about it; no more than the Union flag or the stars and stripes are sectarian.

HUTCHYHIBBY
22-12-2018, 12:33 AM
Thankfully they are few and far between in our support but, there's a tiny minority who are not waving it just to noise them up. Whilst the flag may not be sectarian some of the folk that wave it certainly are. Anyway I'm away to watch the end of tonight's darts.