PDA

View Full Version : Was it a foul

PatHead
19-12-2018, 11:38 PM
Did Kamberi foul their centre half or did the Hun dive?

The Harp Awakes
19-12-2018, 11:40 PM

Blatant cheating. Thomson was also unsighted and only gave a foul as he saw Flo was 1 on 1 and bottled it.

hhibs
19-12-2018, 11:44 PM
Blatant cheating. Thomson was also unsighted and only gave a foul as he saw Flo was 1 on 1 and

bottled it.

Agreed

Smartie
19-12-2018, 11:46 PM
It wasn't a foul, but I can understand why the ref would have given it.

Flo had his hands up, the Rangers player knew that, and when he threw himself to the ground holding his face he knew the ref would give a foul.

"Streetwise defending" if you like, blatant cheating if you'd prefer, he knew he wasn't getting back to Flo and he played Thomson like a violin.

SonOfDavidFrancey
19-12-2018, 11:54 PM
Thought the thread title was referring to the Porteous tackle

Greenbeard
19-12-2018, 11:56 PM
From the title of the thread I presumed this would be about Ryan's yellow card.

SouthMoroccoStu
20-12-2018, 07:22 AM
Would love to see a retrospective ban for that cheating hun bar steward but I won’t hold my breath

Sadly I wouldn’t help hibs any

Craig Thomson is the perfect example for the “cheat vs incompetent” argument for referees in the country

danhibees1875
20-12-2018, 07:36 AM
I'd want to see it again but it looked like Flo left an arm up which looked to have caught him at the time. :dunno:

Hibbyradge
20-12-2018, 07:36 AM
I thought Thomson had a good game.

He could easily have sent Porteous off or given a handball against Milligan, but he got those decisions right, imo.

I also thought that Kamberi did catch the defender although he made a meal out of it.

SouthMoroccoStu
20-12-2018, 07:42 AM

He could easily have sent Porteous off or given a handball against Milligan, but he got those decisions right, imo.

I also thought that Kamberi did catch the defender although he made a meal out of it.

Thomson didn’t have a clear view of the supposed Flo foul, so he gave it anyway - guess work is not the refs best friend

Pretty Boy
20-12-2018, 07:43 AM
I thought it was a foul. It seemed to take an age for him to give it though; I'm all for refs giving themselves time as opposed to the Willie Collum 'act first, think later' style but that was bordering on ridiculous.

Hibbyradge
20-12-2018, 07:50 AM
Thomson didn’t have a clear view of the supposed Flo foul, so he gave it anyway - guess work is not the refs best friend

How do you know what view he had?

Maybe the assistant referees told him?

In any case, it was the correct decision, however he made it. You're saying that he should have made the wrong decision and that's a bit ironic from someone calling the ref incompetent or a cheat.

Callum_62
20-12-2018, 07:56 AM

In any case, it was the correct decision, however he made it. You're saying that he should have made the wrong decision and that's a bit ironic from someone calling the ref incompetent or a cheat.

Its a soft soft soft foul - he didnt catch him in the face as Goldson made out

He knew he was injured, had been rolled and no chance to catch him so he threw himself down holding his face

Like Coulibaly did when Whitts knocked him over

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SouthMoroccoStu
20-12-2018, 07:58 AM

So what view did he have?

I didnt see a flag and I don’t think we (as supporters) will know if the linesman signaled him electronically

I want to see it again but I maintain the ref was too easily conned by therangers player when Flo got the better of him. So yes, I believe he made the wrong decision.

weecounty hibby
20-12-2018, 09:10 AM
Easy decision to make. Last minute of the game, give a foul Hibs don't score game finishes 0-0 not much said about it. Don't give foul, Hibs score, Gerrard moans that it's typical that Der hun don't get anything from refs, daily ranger has six page spread about it, the BT hunfest analyse it from every angle and conclude that it was a foul. That's Scottish football. Never a foul in a million years though

Keith_M
20-12-2018, 09:14 AM

No, the guy threw himself to the ground as if he'd been shot. Kamberi's arm simply brushed past him.

SouthMoroccoStu
20-12-2018, 09:20 AM
Easy decision to make. Last minute of the game, give a foul Hibs don't score game finishes 0-0 not much said about it. Don't give foul, Hibs score, Gerrard moans that it's typical that Der hun don't get anything from refs, daily ranger has six page spread about it, the BT hunfest analyse it from every angle and conclude that it was a foul. That's Scottish football. Never a foul in a million years though

This

we are hibs
20-12-2018, 09:24 AM

You're having a laugh if you think that's a foul. He went down rolling about holding his face then as soon as slivka came over he was up like a shot. Never a foul.

happiehibbie
20-12-2018, 10:52 AM
I have just watch the bbc highlights It does not show the Flo incident that for me says its not a foul :)

Deansy
20-12-2018, 01:54 PM
The fact that BBC-Weeg have omitted to show the 'incident' from their highlights kinda confirms that it wasn't a foul !

JeMeSouviens
20-12-2018, 01:58 PM
Shown here https://youtu.be/WxGnm-QRdXE?t=107

Billy Whizz
20-12-2018, 01:59 PM
Shown here https://youtu.be/WxGnm-QRdXE?t=107

He’s conned the ref, holding his face

Diclonius
20-12-2018, 02:00 PM
Looks like a foul to me.

kaimendhibs
20-12-2018, 02:04 PM
Never a foul.

Sent from my VTR-L09 using Tapatalk

JeMeSouviens
20-12-2018, 02:04 PM

He has, but Kamberi's hand does brush past him. Soft but not clear cheating by CT.

Tornadoes70
20-12-2018, 02:07 PM

I agree.

Thought he had an excellent game up until the Flo incident, however, could see why he gave it as the hand did go across the defenders face with said defender making the most of it as would be expected.

In saying that I will never forget the b stard's outrageous bias against us in the 'paid for from the still at large criminals loot' cup.

SouthMoroccoStu
20-12-2018, 02:27 PM

Took his time to blow the whistle too. Flo was over 10 yards away and back in control of the ball before he blew

Thomson didn't have a clear view of it either, looks like the number 17 for them would have been blocking his view

danhibees1875
20-12-2018, 03:03 PM
Took his time to blow the whistle too. Flo was over 10 yards away and back in control of the ball before he blew

Thomson didn't have a clear view of it either, looks like the number 17 for them would have been blocking his view

You think?

Flo was nowhere near challenging the second defender yet when Thomson puts the whistle in his mouth. :dunno:

J-C
20-12-2018, 03:13 PM
There was contact but it was a soft foul, Flo was just using his body and strength to protect the ball but as soon as your hands come into contact with the face, the ref will give a foul most times.

Jim44
20-12-2018, 03:16 PM
As I said on another thread, I think the Hun player could easily have been sent off for the incident. A yellow for blatant simulation and then another for getting unnecessarily involved with Slivka.

where'stheslope
20-12-2018, 03:20 PM
Thought Ryan got away with one with the yellow, if no booking it would surely be a 2 game ban!
The ref had not a bad game, but again players make it harder for the ref to make proper decisions by feigning injury and diving at the least touch!!!

Sammy7nil
20-12-2018, 04:40 PM
It was a foul for me soft yes but a foul none the less. If it was the other way round we would all want a free kick.

A Hi-Bee
20-12-2018, 05:40 PM
Who cares, I happen to think it was a very good foul, perhaps the next time he really will put him into the front row.

:thumbsup:

Earlydelivery
20-12-2018, 06:01 PM

Absolutely spot on .. was not going to blow till he seen Kamberis touch to put him clean through.