PDA

View Full Version : Morelos spit

LustForLeith
19-12-2018, 09:15 PM
Apologies if this has been mentioned already but I’m hoping that the cameras caught Morelos spitting towards the direction of the linesman at the west stand towards the end of the match when he didn’t get a decision in his favour.

Dirty player

Ryan69
19-12-2018, 09:15 PM
Apologies if this has been mentioned already but I’m hoping that the cameras caught Morelos spitting towards the direction of the linesman at the west stand towards the end of the match when he didn’t get a decision in his favour.

Dirty player

If he played for another team...yes.

No action required.

FGR2016
19-12-2018, 09:43 PM
The linesman clearly saw it as well. If it was a Hibs player it would be a whole different story. Won't be mentioned again though...

mvteng
19-12-2018, 09:55 PM
The linesman clearly saw it as well. If it was a Hibs player it would be a whole different story. Won't be mentioned again though...

You’re right, the linesman definitely saw it. Right in front of us. Was it shown on BT?

Jim44
19-12-2018, 10:17 PM
You’re right, the linesman definitely saw it. Right in front of us. Was it shown on BT?

Don’t remember seeing it but the whole BT coverage tonight was Hun biased. How did Stubbs get to spoil the Hun party of Craigan, Kevin Thomson, McCoist, not to mention Craig Thomson.

Diclonius
19-12-2018, 10:31 PM
Morelos was fantastic entertainment tonight. I didn't know it was possible for a player to miss that many chances.

PatHead
19-12-2018, 10:36 PM
Definitely spat. Commented on it at the time. If he was a Hibs player he would have correctly sent off.

Ozyhibby
19-12-2018, 10:38 PM
Morelos was fantastic entertainment tonight. I didn't know it was possible for a player to miss that many chances.

He did miss a few chances but I thought he showed tonight he is a lot better player than I have ever given him credit for before.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jonnyboy
19-12-2018, 11:00 PM
He did miss a few chances but I thought he showed tonight he is a lot better player than I have ever given him credit for before.

Agreed. Don’t like the guy but I’d take him at Hibs in a minute

CMurdoch
19-12-2018, 11:06 PM
Agreed. Don’t like the guy but I’d take him at Hibs in a minute

I would love to have him at Hibs.
Strong and always a threat.
He made most of his chances himself tonight playing upfront on his own.
A Kamberi/Morelos partnership would kick ass if we could keep him on the pitch.

Diclonius
19-12-2018, 11:09 PM

Absolutely - he does appear to have off games though, of which tonight was one. Coupled with his demeanour and exasperation whenever he misses one, it's fantastic entertainment.

tamig
19-12-2018, 11:13 PM
Don’t remember seeing it but the whole BT coverage tonight was Hun biased. How did Stubbs get to spoil the Hun party of Craigan, Kevin Thomson, McCoist, not to mention Craig Thomson.

Kevin Thomson a hun? That’s a good one.

calumhibee1
19-12-2018, 11:15 PM

He’s a superb player and you can see why he scores so many goals. Misses a barrel load but he’ll get an absolute stack of chances most games so he will also score a load. Our forwards can have too many quiet games, I’d imagine he will have very few.

Scotty Leither
19-12-2018, 11:22 PM
I think he's decent but not worth £9m...He gets away with murder though because of the colour of the jersey he wears. Stick he gave the linesman tonight in the second half was disgraceful.

BILLYHIBS
19-12-2018, 11:35 PM
He’s a superb player and you can see why he scores so many goals. Misses a barrel load but he’ll get an absolute stack of chances most games so he will also score a load. Our forwards can have too many quiet games, I’d imagine he will have very few.

Not a superb player a good player a handful.

Misses too many chances.

Dives and pontificates too much always trying to gain a fair or unfair advantage

Tries to get his fellow professionals sent off

Very poor discipline

Poor attitude no respect for officialdom

If he was a superb player he would have taken all the chances scored fifty goals by now and avoided all the suspensions and now be in Europe’s top tier

Yes! I would take him in a heartbeat :greengrin

CMurdoch
19-12-2018, 11:39 PM
I think he's decent but not worth £9m...He gets away with murder though because of the colour of the jersey he wears. Stick he gave the linesman tonight in the second half was disgraceful.

Rangers made that up.
Could probably sell him for £4.5m
He is only 22 and will continue to improve.

Sir David Gray
19-12-2018, 11:41 PM
He's clearly a couple of fries away from a Happy Meal.

CMurdoch
19-12-2018, 11:45 PM
He's clearly a couple of fries away from a Happy Meal.

Yeah definitely missing a few slates off his roof

BILLYHIBS
20-12-2018, 12:01 AM
Anyone else think he looks like an Orc?

:dunno:

CMurdoch
20-12-2018, 12:08 AM
Or a freddo

He does actually.

A Freddo Morales :thumbsup:

Mango Man
20-12-2018, 12:13 AM
He's a very handy player, he always seems to power his way through and get a shot away, especially when he runs in from the side in the box.

heretoday
20-12-2018, 04:57 AM
Reminds me of Kenny Miller. Gets five chances and scores one.

Jim44
20-12-2018, 05:09 AM
Kevin Thomson a hun? That’s a good one.

Well I was surprised to hear him refer to them as ‘we’ in the commentary on BT sport. I mentioned it at the time and nobody disagreed.

eastcoasthibby
20-12-2018, 05:37 AM
Gerrard protected him a few weeks ago in the way he plays the game, after watching him last night, he deserves all he gets! He got away with a blatant dive early on and then committed 4 fouls in the first half alone, and also got away with his constant nipping at Thomson, he should have been booked in my view !!

Brizo
20-12-2018, 05:45 AM
Well I was surprised to hear him refer to them as ‘we’ in the commentary on BT sport. I mentioned it at the time and nobody disagreed.

Ultimately Kevin Thomson is a fan of Kevin Thomson. Will play the Hibs card when its beneficial to him and play the hun card when its beneficial to him.

As for Morelos, no thanks. Undoubtedly a talent but a despicable character. Ill probably be in a minority of one :greengrin but Id never want to see a character like that in a Hibs strip.

LustForLeith
20-12-2018, 06:01 AM
Anyone else think he looks like an Orc?

:dunno:

He reminds me of Sloth from the Goonies

Allant1981
20-12-2018, 06:15 AM

Is he not still employed by the rangers, possibly why he said we

hibee_girl
20-12-2018, 06:44 AM

:agree: he’s a youth coach there

SouthMoroccoStu
20-12-2018, 06:46 AM

Dirty player

Assistant ref on the west stand side should have called Thomson over immediately - total bottling

As other posters have said, if Morelos didn’t play for them

His recinded red card for the first game of the season set a dangerous precedence with him

hibsdaft
20-12-2018, 07:09 AM
Ultimately Kevin Thomson is a fan of Kevin Thomson. Will play the Hibs card when its beneficial to him and play the hun card when its beneficial to him.

wonderfully put.

CLASS OF 72 -73
20-12-2018, 07:25 AM

As for Morelos, no thanks. Undoubtedly a talent but a despicable character. Ill probably be in a minority of one :greengrin but Id never want to see a character like that in a Hibs strip.

Spot on with Thomson. He is regularly wax lyrical toward them but more in love with Kevin:agree: Not a true Hibs fan for me.

BILLYHIBS
20-12-2018, 07:56 AM
Kevin Thomson defo a Hibby through and through just happens to be employed by the dark side and is just trying to be as professional as possible and earn an honest crust for his family similar to Ian Murray

Anyone in any doubt just watch his interview on YouTube Open Goal with Si Ferry

Remember his header off the line versus the **** that kept us in the Scottish Cup?

After he retired he was attending games at Easter Road with his young family

Jim44
20-12-2018, 08:00 AM
My point in my original post was that the presentation of the programme was Hun biased with McCoist, ex-player, manager, Kevin Thomson, ex-player, present employee, Craigan, Hun sympathiser and Craig Thomson, anti-Hibs and tilting toward the Huns.

.Sean.
20-12-2018, 08:04 AM
I have honestly never hated an opposition player as much as that odious fat little Hun rat. Two cruciates at the weekend for him please.

Keith_M
20-12-2018, 08:08 AM
The guy has a very 'South American' approach to football. He snarls, dives, spits and tries to get players sent off for nothing. He also has a face I wouldn't tire of slapping

While he has talent, he's everything I hate about modern football.

LustForLeith
20-12-2018, 08:33 AM
Kevin Thomson defo a Hibby through and through just happens to be employed by the dark side and is just trying to be as professional as possible and earn an honest crust for his family similar to Ian Murray

Remember his header off the line versus the **** that kept us in the Scottish Cup?

He used to sit near me at the West.

Also saw him atrugflento get into the Hibs Club as he didn’t have a membership. Only let it When one of the blazers recognised him as a member of the cup winning team

SouthMoroccoStu
20-12-2018, 08:34 AM
And he should have been booked when he volleyed the advertising hording (Impact indeed)

Leith's finest
20-12-2018, 09:34 AM
If fol or shaw had missed as many chances as he did we would be calling them for everything, so for me the rangers can keep the over valued gadgy

Sir David Gray
20-12-2018, 09:35 AM

Commentators and pundits are supposed to remain professional and impartial when they're doing that job.

I've no doubt that Kevin Thomson considers himself to be a Hibs fan but he does have a very weird way of showing it.

BullsCloseHibs
20-12-2018, 10:14 AM

Dirty player

A Hertz player got a retrospective red card for same thing last season IIRC?

Johnny_Leith
20-12-2018, 10:37 AM
The guy has a very 'South American' approach to football. He snarls, dives, spits and tries to get players sent off for nothing. He also has a face I wouldn't tire of slapping

While he has talent, he's everything I hate about modern football.

Did south American players not do that kind of stuff 'back in the day'?

Paul1642
20-12-2018, 10:38 AM
I have honestly never hated an opposition player as much as that odious fat little Hun rat. Two cruciates at the weekend for him please.

How long have you been watching hibs?

.Sean.
20-12-2018, 12:49 PM
How long have you been watching hibs?
My old man took me to my first game when I was 2 in the old enclosure in the West, coincidentally against Rangers.

I hate that little ****

I'm Spartacus
20-12-2018, 01:43 PM
I'm sure Jonathan Sutherland will be all over this and ensure the Compliance Office will be on it - NOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

A Hi-Bee
20-12-2018, 04:47 PM
The spit was just down to his forked tongue ****in diving snake that he is.

Onceinawhile
21-12-2018, 10:50 AM

His kids were mascots during the game one of mine was. So he's obviously bringing his children up right.

bigwheel
21-12-2018, 12:51 PM

Do you really mean this hateful stuff?? Other than some of his theatrics..I liked watching Morelos - great little player...Would you as an adult actually wish career harm on an opposing player? :confused:

Keith_M
21-12-2018, 02:02 PM
Did south American players not do that kind of stuff 'back in the day'?

As far back as I can remember, yes. The part about 'modern football' was that I reckon much of that has spread elsewhere (though not so much the spitting), and is now common in a number of European countries that used to frown on it.

JimBHibees
21-12-2018, 02:45 PM
Do you really mean this hateful stuff?? Other than some of his theatrics..I liked watching Morelos - great little player...Would you as an adult actually wish career harm on an opposing player? :confused:

Thought he was very good, strong on the ball and a real threat another day he could have had a hat trick.

Keith_M
21-12-2018, 03:20 PM
Thought he was very good, strong on the ball and a real threat another day he could have had a hat trick.

Yeah, and it must be good having him in your team* for all the goals he scores but, as an opposition fan, he's very easy to dislike.

* Even then I'd be totally embarrassed with his nonsense.

HibbyAndy
21-12-2018, 03:33 PM
He's exactly like El Hadj Diouf , A horrible nasty ugly little cretin that spits on opponents and has sleekit little kicks here and there

The two of them are a mirror image of each other , Typical Rangers player

bodhibs
21-12-2018, 03:36 PM
He's exactly like El Hadj Diouf , A horrible nasty ugly little cretin that spits on opponents and has sleekit little kicks here and there

The two of them are a mirror image of each other , Typical Rangers player

Excellent comparison

Bostonhibby
21-12-2018, 03:41 PM
Yeah, and it must be good having him in your team* for all the goals he scores but, as an opposition fan, he's very easy to dislike.

* Even then I'd be totally embarrassed with his nonsense.Just a horrible cheat. Ironically he'd be more effective if he stayed on his feet.

If we had a set up that encouraged this guy's behaviour as the way to go I'd be calling for change from the top.

There's a reason sevco could be the pinnacle of his career.

Heartening to hear Lennon pulling Ryan up for a rash tackle because it's not what we train them to do. Hibs class sevco class, no comparison.

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

Famous Fiver
21-12-2018, 03:49 PM
I take it the Compliance Officer has not become involved.

Surprise, surprise.

SFA probably frightened of another 'Statement'. Mr T obviously has them by the short and curlies.