We could have been pumped tonight but what a confidence booster

Roll on Saturday

21sMay
19-12-2018, 08:39 PM
Well done the Lenny and the boys

4 points from the uglies ? Great stuff.

Roll on Saturday

Yep. The rangers were the better side tonight but we held on and grabbed a point

Lemonade
19-12-2018, 08:40 PM
Very pleased with the point considering.
4 points from both the smellies in 4 days is acceptable :flag:

Scottie
19-12-2018, 08:40 PM
Hung on and on and got the point. Good point now on till Saturday where 3 is a must.

green day
19-12-2018, 08:43 PM
Hung on and on and got the point. Good point now on till Saturday where 3 is a must.

Aye, this is a very good point. A couple of weeks ago if you offered us 7 points from Celtic, Huns, Livi we might have laughed.

Now its a very real possibility.

Livi no mugs though

Keith_M
19-12-2018, 08:45 PM
Hamilton 0 - 1 Hibs

Hibs 2 - 0 Celtc

Hibs 0 - 0 The Rangers

Three games, one on a plastic pitch and two against the uglies, and we get 7 points, 3 goals scored and none conceded.

:flag:

Oranje39
19-12-2018, 08:45 PM
I would have bitten your hand off for a draw after 35 minutes. Ranger were totally dominant and will be wondering how they never won than that by a few.

Side passing, inviting pressure on us and losing possession throughout tonight. Bogdan was brilliant. Thought Porteous was good but lucky not to be sent off near the end when he got booked. Service to the guys up top was almost non-existent.

Great point.

Nameless
19-12-2018, 08:48 PM
We got battered tonight, but still got a point. That says more about the strength of this team than the win on Sunday in my opinion. The mark of a good team is picking up points when you don't play well.

Sent from my G3311 using Tapatalk

Ryan69
Well done the Lenny and the boys

4 points from the uglies ? Great stuff.

Roll on Saturday

Quiet disappointed actually!

Absolutely dominated....and 1 poor shot on target for the whole game.

Look at The Rangers away form...and maybe you will understand.

Could of played till New Year...and wouldnt of had a sniff of a goal.

neil7908
Great point but if we play like that on the 26th we'll get cuffed.

MacGruber
19-12-2018, 08:51 PM
Excellent point it really was.

Porteous looks the real deal. Immense tonight. Tackling still rash but will settle with experience. Enjoy him whilst he is here, destined for the top.

4 points from those 2 games is terrific.

Scenario is we have a home game v Livi as Hearts are at Aberdeen. Livi are good so will be very difficult but 2 home wins there sees us above Hearts for Xmas

hibee_girl
19-12-2018, 08:56 PM
That is an excellent point gained for us. 4 points in 4 days from the old firm is no easy task and I doubt any of us expected us to keep two clean sheets against them.

Pete
19-12-2018, 08:56 PM
Agree. Looked dead beat in the second half which isn’t surprising as we worked our socks off against the other half of the old firm a few days ago. We probably would’ve conceded a few managers ago.

However, no time to rest as our next game will be another physical test.

4 out of 6 is still good. Overall fairly pleased.

BullsCloseHibs
19-12-2018, 08:58 PM
I'll take 4 from 6 against the Glesgie two.

Coming to get you now Jumbos.

SirDavidsNapper
19-12-2018, 09:00 PM
Never been so delighted with a draw. We didn't deserve a point. Back to winning ways on Saturday and it's been a fantastic week.

Hibernia&Alba
19-12-2018, 09:04 PM
Hamilton 0 - 1 Hibs

Hibs 2 - 0 Celtc

Hibs 0 - 0 The Rangers

Three games, one on a plastic pitch and two against the uglies, and we get 7 points, 3 goals scored and none conceded.

:agree:

We mugged them tonight for that point, but not taking chances is their worry. Seven points in those games is very good.

truehibernian
19-12-2018, 09:11 PM
:agree:

We mugged them tonight for that point, but not taking chances is their worry. Seven points in those games is very good.

They mugged us of all 3 last season so we’re quits !

Bogdan, Porteous and Efe were immense tonight, not helped by a woefully unbalanced midfield as the game progressed. Slivka at least tried to create second half, but Mallan and Hyndman were passengers throughout. Mallan in particular needs a rocket up his backside for loose possession and not getting tight and weak challenges.

Feels like a win tonight though - but tonight proved Whitty can’t play two games at full back in a matter of days - dreadfully exposed time and again but at least he plugged away and gave 100%.

Flo - come on son, work on that hold up game and at least help your midfield !!

givescotlandfreedom
19-12-2018, 09:11 PM
Got away with it a bit tonight. Not the worst point considering the chances we gifted them.

Onion
19-12-2018, 09:14 PM
Hamilton 0 - 1 Hibs

Hibs 2 - 0 Celtc

Hibs 0 - 0 The Rangers

Remarkable turnaround in the last 10 days. Tonights point is as good as you get, quite rare for Hibs to ride our luck like this - more used to teams coming to ER and going away with a point, scoring with their only chance(s) of the game.

H18S NX
19-12-2018, 09:16 PM
Very happy with the 4 pts,mind you,Ryan could easily have been sent off and Thompson could easily have gave a penalty against Milligan,imo.

Hibernian32
19-12-2018, 09:17 PM
Quiet disappointed actually!

Absolutely dominated....and 1 poor shot on target for the whole game.

Look at The Rangers away form...and maybe you will understand.

Could of played till New Year...and wouldnt of had a sniff of a goal.
Shaw missed 2, hyndman had a shot on target I feel we did create chances but it seems when we get near the box or in it we didn't pull the trigger enough. Mallan's passing is horrific which doesn't help in the final 3rd, in the long run it's a good point and we did have enough sniffs at goal to put one away

Roxyhibee
19-12-2018, 09:41 PM
Wasn’t sure what to expect tonight but clearly Sevco had a very good game tonight (think I heard Gerrard saying on the radio it was their best away performance of the season).

We kept a clean sheet, fought well as a team and nearly sneaked it a couple of times. We’ll have better chances to beat them in the season.

Plenty of positives.

GreenCastle
19-12-2018, 09:54 PM
The Rangers fans are creaming themselves they played well and disappointed they didn’t take 3 points.

I felt we did have a couple good chances and considering the injuries and players we had missing - plus how much energy we used up Sunday it was definitely a solid point.

We know we have to improve but again considering the difference in wage bill between the teams we stood up to them and with a bit more quality we could have nicked it.

Will be tough at Ibrox but hopefully we will have some more players back.

Livi next though and that will be tough !!

CMurdoch
19-12-2018, 10:01 PM
Efe was great again.
We must find the money for a new contract for the big guy.
The Ambrose Porteous partnership is as strong as we will find.

JeMeSouviens
19-12-2018, 10:07 PM
I thought the Huns were meh and we were worse. Wee bit better 2nd half.

19-12-2018, 10:10 PM
Tucking Der Hun away is so routine that we should only do it in their ground. Let’s be honest, a win tonight wouldn’t have produced a statement and without a statement, beating the huns is boring.

Criswell
19-12-2018, 10:17 PM
That was a hard watch. Delighted with a point. The match just confirmed to me what a prospect Porteous is. Superb to-night!

Eyrie
19-12-2018, 10:17 PM
I'd describe it as daylight robbery if it wasn't for the fact it was an evening kick off.

But I'm not complaining about the point.

Scotty Leither
19-12-2018, 10:18 PM
Very happy with the 4 pts,mind you,Ryan could easily have been sent off and Thompson could easily have gave a penalty against Milligan,imo.

He evened that up with his joke decision in the last minute when Kamberi broke and Hodgson went down as if there was a sniper in the stand.

Joe6-2
19-12-2018, 10:19 PM
Hamilton 0 - 1 Hibs

Hibs 2 - 0 Celtc

Hibs 0 - 0 The Rangers

Yeah, fantastic, three clean sheets!

kaimendhibs
19-12-2018, 10:28 PM
Very hard watching that but delighted with the draw. Need to see again but thought Efe had a tough time in first half after Rocky went off and our defending of neat post at corners was scary to say the least

Sent from my VTR-L09 using Tapatalk

GreenOnions
19-12-2018, 11:16 PM
I think the strength of character in the team was shown tonight. Rangers were the better team - particularly in the second half - but I thought the resistance and resilience from us was excellent - we had a few chances ourselves too and some of our defending and goalkeeping was top drawer.

I was also pleased that during the game NL opted against taking off a striker and replacing him with a midfielder to match-up with Rangers' formation. It was a bold move - probably because he was focusing on the possibility that we might nick a winner rather than on how to protect a 0-0 scoreline.

As someone else mentioned above - we absolutely battered them for pretty much the entire game in the first fixture at ER last year and they won 2-1. Funny old game.

NAE NOOKIE
20-12-2018, 12:37 AM
It was a good point in the end and that's down to them not taking their chances, some terrific goalkeeping and on more than a few occasions Hibs defenders throwing themselves in front of shots.

What goes around comes around as they say, so this makes up for last season when we absolutely played them off the park at ER and somehow managed to lose the game.

IGRIGI
20-12-2018, 12:46 AM
It's 4 points more than what I expected a couple of weeks ago.

proud_and_green
20-12-2018, 01:03 AM
Said the same after the game and feel a point was a good result. Didn't press them or hunt together the way we did against Celtic. We played to keep possession but were unable to do anything useful with it and gave it away too often which I think was down to poor movement off the ball and a lack of energy which was obvious even early in the first half. But, jings if you can do all that and still get a point you're doing something right.

Sent from my G8441 using Tapatalk