PDA

View Full Version : Colin calderwood

we are hibs
19-12-2018, 03:38 PM
New Cambridge manager. Poor Cambridge fans

Purple & Green
19-12-2018, 03:44 PM
He’s fair slipped down the sweety bag list.

wpj
19-12-2018, 04:44 PM
My local team, not that I follow them, may bump into him in the confectionery shop

BILLYHIBS
19-12-2018, 05:01 PM
Wonder if he shares his sweeties or if he is the sort that could peel an orange in his pocket with a boxing glove on? :greengrin

Doh Rae Me
19-12-2018, 05:07 PM
Yeah, pray for Cambridge.

overdrive
19-12-2018, 05:22 PM
I thought he had realised he was a number 2.

BoomtownHibees
19-12-2018, 05:24 PM
He must have picked the coffee sweetie out his packet of Revels

Souter96Mac
19-12-2018, 05:45 PM
Rip Cambridge

McSwanky
19-12-2018, 09:09 PM
I thought he had realised he was a number 2.We certainly did

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

oldbutdim
19-12-2018, 09:16 PM
He must have picked the coffee sweetie out his packet of Revels

Out of order.

I'm happy to go public that I've reported you for that anti-coffee remark.
There's probably a name for it, but I don't know what it is, so I'll just refer to you as an anti-coffee ****.

I don't suppose that you will lose sleep over it, although I might for obvious reasons.

CropleyWasGod
19-12-2018, 09:29 PM
Out of order.

I'm happy to go public that I've reported you for that anti-coffee remark.
There's probably a name for it, but I don't know what it is, so I'll just refer to you as an anti-coffee ****.

I don't suppose that you will lose sleep over it, although I might for obvious reasons.Latte it go, man

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

eastmainsmsh
19-12-2018, 09:30 PM
Is it the rowing team lol

Irish Dave
19-12-2018, 09:42 PM
Is it the rowing team lol

If it is, they'll come third in the boat race

Baader
20-12-2018, 08:01 AM
An absolute clown of a man. Still angers me he got the Hibs job.

Bostonhibby
20-12-2018, 08:37 AM
Watched Cambridge a couple of times last season. Pretty dire stuff but looks like the only way is down.

Feel a boycott coming on, at least until the inevitable sacking.

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

worcesterhibby
20-12-2018, 08:44 AM
He also has a really stupid name.."Calder" comes from the Gaelic 'coille' meaning wood and 'dur' meaning stream so Calderwood actually means Woodstreamwood. Which doesn't make any sense...like his tactics (or since he's obsessed by sweeties, maybe that should be tictacs)

wpj
20-12-2018, 12:45 PM
Cambridge have turned up at my workplace, don't know if CC is there and really can't be bothered going to see.
(No i don't work in a sweet shop)

NAE NOOKIE
20-12-2018, 01:04 PM
I don't know a great deal about Cambridge FC ………… but I do know their supporters have my utmost sympathy … I wouldn't put that bellend in charge of a sweetie shop, though to be fair that's probably his dream job.

Without a doubt top of my most hated Hibs managers ever list … disrespectful prick, not to mention dishonest for applying for a job he must have known he was going to bin the minute he got an offer from elsewhere.

On the upside, at least now that he has left Villa he is nowhere near Super John :aok:

BroxburnHibee
20-12-2018, 01:07 PM
How does that clown continue to get hired?

NAE NOOKIE
20-12-2018, 02:00 PM
Has anybody been onto a Cambridge fans forum to warn them what they are getting? For the sake of football friendship and showing we care about the wider football family its only fair that we as Hibs fans show a bit of support and empathy for fellow fitba fans at this sad time for them … at bloody Christmas too .. its tragic !!!

The 90+2
20-12-2018, 02:20 PM
I bet he somehow does a great job. He was beginning to resemble a decent manager before he wanted to be assistant again and then didn’t give a**** in the summer window.

wpj
20-12-2018, 03:53 PM
Has anybody been onto a Cambridge fans forum to warn them what they are getting? For the sake of football friendship and showing we care about the wider football family its only fair that we as Hibs fans show a bit of support and empathy for fellow fitba fans at this sad time for them … at bloody Christmas too .. its tragic !!!

Not on the forum but have spoken to colleagues who spport CU,strangely the think he's a good appointment. We'll see

Famous Fiver
20-12-2018, 04:10 PM
Man United didn't half dodge a bullet there.

Cambridge got in first otherwise it would have been Ollie Gunnar who?

wpj
28-12-2018, 01:50 PM
Apologies for dragging this thread up again but in today's Cambridge Independent there is an interview with CC and from the hierarchy at Cambridge United, it seems they are all really happy with the appointment, the online version has the 12 wins in 49 stats from his crap year with us but they seem oblivious to it. I think this will end badly for Cambridge.

overdrive
28-12-2018, 02:39 PM
To think we were being linked with Steve Clark and ended up appointing Calderclown instead.

I hate him more than Butcher. At least Butcher wanted to be here and I think wanted to succeed despite his misguided methods and crap tactics. That prick didn’t want to be here, showed us massive disrespect and I think was actively trying to get the sack towards the end as well as being crap.

SirDavidsNapper
28-12-2018, 03:55 PM
To think we were being linked with Steve Clark and ended up appointing Calderclown instead.

I hate him more than Butcher. At least Butcher wanted to be here and I think wanted to succeed despite his misguided methods and crap tactics. That prick didn’t want to be here, showed us massive disrespect and I think was actively trying to get the sack towards the end as well as being crap.

I agree. Butcher didn't try and be hopeless he just was. Calderwood appeared to want to be anywhere but Hibs. How do clowns like him keep on getting managers jobs? If i could erase anyones name from our history books it would be that of Calderwood

silverhibee
28-12-2018, 04:04 PM
How does that clown continue to get hired?

Seemingly a good coach.

The Spaceman
28-12-2018, 04:06 PM
Absolute joke of a manager. Pray for Cambridge. The man is clueless and has as much personality as a pavement slab.

The Modfather
28-12-2018, 04:18 PM

While there’s no denying he was a terrible manager for us, we were an absolute shambles of a club until Dempster came in. Any manager was starting off with one hand tied behind their back.

Wilson
28-12-2018, 05:07 PM
While there’s no denying he was a terrible manager for us, we were an absolute shambles of a club until Dempster came in. Any manager was starting off with one hand tied behind their back.

That'll make holding two bags of sweeties difficult.

Viva_Palmeiras
28-12-2018, 05:24 PM
I’d ask the question of the board, in hindsight after a number of failed appointments where family circumstances (away from wife and kids in England / Ireland) should we think seriously before appointing someone in such circumstances. Pat and The Clown personal situation seemed untenbable in the mid-long term

Mibbes Aye
28-12-2018, 05:25 PM
Seemingly a good coach.

My understanding was he was popular with players and he got on well with them.

His record away from Hibs is good.

Shame it didn't work out at ER. There weren't that many on here who were angry at his appointment at the time. Results weren't good though and we were in a bad spell of losing managers in a short space of time.

Would be interesting to see whether Mixu would have done better with more time. Likewise, if the Collins thing had been resolved differently - he's not gone on well as a coach but the Cup Final and the derby game with the utter dominance in possession were two of the best games I've ever seen Hibs play.

.Sean.
28-12-2018, 06:00 PM
I agree. Butcher didn't try and be hopeless he just was. Calderwood appeared to want to be anywhere but Hibs. How do clowns like him keep on getting managers jobs? If i could erase anyones name from our history books it would be that of Calderwood
Agree with this to an extent, although I doubt I could dislike anyone as much as Butcher.

It was just hopeless and turgid under him. Absolutely boring. I genuinely remember falling asleep in my seat during some nondescript game during his tenure. He should have been emptied after the Nottingham Forest assistant fiasco as it was clear his heart there and then his heart wasn’t in it.

MWHIBBIES
28-12-2018, 06:18 PM

Shame it didn't work out at ER. There weren't that many on here who were angry at his appointment at the time. Results weren't good though and we were in a bad spell of losing managers in a short space of time.

Would be interesting to see whether Mixu would have done better with more time. Likewise, if the Collins thing had been resolved differently - he's not gone on well as a coach but the Cup Final and the derby game with the utter dominance in possession were two of the best games I've ever seen Hibs play.
Best performance under Collins was 6-1 away at Motherwell imo. Untouchable that day.

BILLYHIBS
28-12-2018, 06:41 PM
Best performance under Collins was 6-1 away at Motherwell imo. Untouchable that day.
Was that no the 6-6 game? 😂

Mibbes Aye
28-12-2018, 06:44 PM
Wasn't at that match but from memory it was a turnover

Numerous scorers IIRC

silverhibee
28-12-2018, 06:58 PM

He seemed to be liked by the players at the time, Deeks & Murray both have spoken well about him, I thought when he signed it was a decent appointment and he had a decent pedigree in management that he would have done okay at Hibs, I really don't think he settled in Edinburgh and done his best to get away from here, did he not just remarry or something like that and was doing a lot of travelling back and forward down south, talk of him offering to resign early on, the meeting with McClaren :greengrinbag of sweeties and other managers blatantly showing a interest in him should have seen him go earlier than he did, really don't have a problem with him, obviously offered a better job and spend time with his family and he made sure he got it, no worse than what Mcleish done to us.

Don't think Mixu should have got longer, but the way he was treated by our support was very poor in hounding him out, that day up at Inverness was horrendous, this was a guy who gave us some great times in a great team and was slaughtered by the Hibs fans and it got very nasty up in Inverness that day, I believe he told the players it was over for him as manager after the game, players wanted him to stay but he was to become another in a long list of managers coming through the revolving door to be punted under Mr Petrie.

I think Collins finds it hard to understand that all players are not like him and soon falls out with them. :greengrin

SirDavidsNapper
28-12-2018, 07:40 PM

Fenlon inherited his mess and did not a bad job all things considered

Northernhibee
28-12-2018, 08:26 PM

I’d quite like to see how he would have done under Dempsters running of the club. He had us top of the league at one point.

The Modfather
28-12-2018, 08:41 PM
I’d quite like to see how he would have done under Dempsters running of the club. He had us top of the league at one point.

Did Jim Duffy not also have us top of the league at one point?

silverhibee
28-12-2018, 09:19 PM

Funny.

zitelli62
28-12-2018, 10:20 PM
I know one player who says he was best coach and man manager he had at the club and he played under 5 manager's but I agree with most people he was shocking for the club.

we are hibs
01-01-2019, 03:55 PM
6-0 down away to MK

01-01-2019, 03:59 PM
Collins gets too much credit given he left because we wouldn’t spend millions. Oh and he left after one of the biggest capital investments in our history. A moron.

Captain Trips
01-01-2019, 03:59 PM

I thought he was a joke tbh.

B.H.F.C
01-01-2019, 08:22 PM
Collins gets too much credit given he left because we wouldn’t spend millions. Oh and he left after one of the biggest capital investments in our history. A moron.

No sure a cup winning manager ( of which we don’t have many) should be referred to as a moron.

Onceinawhile
01-01-2019, 08:25 PM

We were unbelievable in that game. The most complete away performance I've seen.

5 different scorers too.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/scot_prem/6157774.stm

MWHIBBIES
01-01-2019, 08:28 PM
Was that no the 6-6 game? 😂

No, that was under Yogi 3 years later...

truehibernian
01-01-2019, 09:05 PM

Fenlon was one of the worst managers in our history - end of story :aok:

BILLYHIBS
01-01-2019, 10:10 PM
No, that was under Yogi 3 years later...

I know was only having a bit of fun! :greengrin

The 90+2
01-01-2019, 10:13 PM
Fenlon was one of the worst managers in our history - end of story :aok:

Apart from Duffy Calderwood and Butcher in the last 20 and a bit years? I would argue Williamson too considering Fenlon got us to two cup finals. He was still a disgrace and a cheap appointment though and should have been sacked after the first final.

Captain Trips
01-01-2019, 10:45 PM
Apart from Duffy Calderwood and Butcher in the last 20 and a bit years? I would argue Williamson too considering Fenlon got us to two cup finals. He was still a disgrace and a cheap appointment though and should have been sacked after the first final.

He should have been punted before it. CC got sacked after about 12/13 matches with 3 wins that season. Fenlon took over and yes not his team but I expected to see his ability in doing better with them. He won 5 games from 23 in season remainder. I had many arguments at the time but that for me was alarming.

If I had been told while we were close to bottom of league that the new manager would win 5 from the next 23 I would have thought relegated.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
01-01-2019, 11:09 PM
Whalloped 6-0 by MK Dons today...

The 90+2
01-01-2019, 11:18 PM
He should have been punted before it. CC got sacked after about 12/13 matches with 3 wins that season. Fenlon took over and yes not his team but I expected to see his ability in doing better with them. He won 5 games from 23 in season remainder. I had many arguments at the time but that for me was alarming.

If I had been told while we were close to bottom of league that the new manager would win 5 from the next 23 I would have thought relegated.

We should have let CC go for actual money before he got punted. Fenlon was a mistake of a manager considering the managers we could have got like Michael ONeil but nowhere near the worst in our history.

The 90+2
01-01-2019, 11:18 PM
Whalloped 6-0 by MK Dons today...

Great news. Fanny.

Hibeesmad
21-08-2019, 09:20 AM
I see they have started the season well, taking 8 points from their first 4.

Also knocked Brentford out the league cup away last week.

The 90+2
21-08-2019, 09:41 AM
I see they have started the season well, taking 8 points from their first 4.

Also knocked Brentford out the league cup away last week.

Just wait until Houghton gets a new job, they will tumble faster than you can say pick&mix.

FilipinoHibs
21-08-2019, 09:58 AM
We do go through managers quickly with fan pressure having an influence. Under LD we have stability and two good appointments -PH the jury is still getting evidence. There was obviously problems with off and on field behaviour with Lennon. And board and LD took the decision to get rid off. Interesting to see what happens if we have a poor run with PH given the new owner as well. Watching Hibs for 50 years and only the first decade was there stability. The 80s,90s,00s and 10s have all had their bright spots but some depressing poor management as well.

The 90+2
21-08-2019, 10:00 AM
We do go through managers quickly with fan pressure having an influence. Under LD we have stability and two good appointments -PH the jury is still getting evidence. There was obviously problems with off and on field behaviour with Lennon. And board and LD took the decision to get rid off. Interesting to see what happens if we have a poor run with PH given the new owner as well. Watching Hibs for 50 years and only the first decade was there stability. The 80s,90s,00s and 10s have all had their bright spots but some depressing poor management as well.

That clown being punted was nothing to do with the fans and we if anything kept him in the job too long. Why we never took compensation for him from Birmingham (I think) was a disaster played by Petrie.

HoboHarry
21-08-2019, 10:05 AM
Latte it go, man

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk
He is already using his network of contacts, his first signing is going to be Kopi Luwak......

Since452
21-08-2019, 10:07 AM
Can't stand Calderwood. Seemed uninterested and like he was just waiting for a better opportunity to come along. Felt no connection with him whatsoever. Compared to Butcher and Fenlon there's no comparison for me. Pat put his heart and soul in to it, it was just too big for him. Butcher was hopeless but at least he wanted to be here. Calderwood was just an arrogant cock and left Fenlon with an almost impossible job on his hands.

PatHead
21-08-2019, 10:10 AM
That clown being punted was nothing to do with the fans and we if anything kept him in the job too long. Why we never took compensation for him from Birmingham (I think) was a disaster played by Petrie.

We never got offered compensation by Birmingham. They enquired how much but never made an offer.

They obviously chose someone else.

FilipinoHibs
21-08-2019, 10:15 AM
Can't stand Calderwood. Seemed uninterested and like he was just waiting for a better opportunity to come along. Felt no connection with him whatsoever. Compared to Butcher and Fenlon there's no comparison for me. Pat put his heart and soul in to it, it was just too big for him. Butcher was hopeless but at least he wanted to be here. Calderwood was just an arrogant cock and left Fenlon with an almost impossible job on his hands.

Met Pat in Dublin and he said there was no budget which is why he had to go for all those terrible loans.

Collins team built by Mowbray. Not very successful since he left Hibs although a good coach. Met him on a plane recently and a nice guy but spenr most of the time flirting with the air stewardesses and to my surprise eating junk food and drinks.

CockneyRebel
21-08-2019, 10:24 AM
We were unbelievable in that game. The most complete away performance I've seen.

5 different scorers too.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/scot_prem/6157774.stm

Get highlights of this match on YouTube - Motherwell 1 Hibernian 6 2006. Not great quality video but great performance.

The Modfather
21-08-2019, 10:52 AM
Get highlights of this match on YouTube - Motherwell 1 Hibernian 6 2006. Not great quality video but great performance.

Just watched those highlights. I was there that day but easy to forget just how good that team was and how good Scott Brown was.

The 90+2
21-08-2019, 10:58 AM
We never got offered compensation by Birmingham. They enquired how much but never made an offer.

They obviously chose someone else.

Not true: https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/colin-calderwood-close-to-sealing-switch-1107071.amp

LancsHibs
21-08-2019, 03:56 PM
Not true: https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/colin-calderwood-close-to-sealing-switch-1107071.amp

So we did turn down money for Calderclown?😩 my memory of his whole tenure is quite sketchy as it was so boring

The_Horde
21-08-2019, 04:39 PM

You've basically word for word described how many feel about Heckingbottom IMO.

HFC93
21-08-2019, 04:49 PM

Here we go...

Heisenberg
21-08-2019, 04:50 PM

I’ve never once felt that Heckingbottom is arrogant or gives off a sense of not wanting to be here.

The_Horde
21-08-2019, 04:54 PM
I’ve never once felt that Heckingbottom is arrogant or gives off a sense of not wanting to be here.

Maybe not as much the first bit, but there's definitely a few who feel the latter part. Hence the constant fear from some that he's about to leave for every championship team that finds themselves without a manager.

MWHIBBIES
21-08-2019, 05:00 PM

There really is no comparison, unless you have a real personal dislike for Heckingbottom. Nothing at all to suggest he isn't working his arse off and wants to be here.

The_Horde
21-08-2019, 05:06 PM
There really is no comparison, unless you have a real personal dislike for Heckingbottom. Nothing at all to suggest he isn't working his arse off and wants to be here.

There's plenty fans I've spoken to who think Hecky is uninspiring and comes across as disinterested. You only have to look at the feedback from his interview after the rangers humping to see examples.

Where did I mention my thoughts on the matter?

PatHead
21-08-2019, 05:09 PM

I can't open your link but I was told by Rod Petrie himself that we only had an enquiry, no offer was ever forthcoming.

I would believe him over the Daily Record.

04Sauzee
21-08-2019, 05:23 PM
I can't open your link but I was told by Rod Petrie himself that we only had an enquiry, no offer was ever forthcoming.

Daily Record ran with the story that every Rangers player was attacked after the cup final.

The Daily Record has run with a couple of stories this season regarding players we were interested in. Kenny Millar rubbished the transfer rumours.

I think it's safe as you say not to believe what the Record prints

04Sauzee
21-08-2019, 05:25 PM
There's plenty fans I've spoken to who think Hecky is uninspiring and comes across as disinterested. You only have to look at the feedback from his interview after the rangers humping to see examples.

When you said many how many is plenty? We have 12800 season tickets I'm sure they don't all post on. Net or social media about Hibs. I'm one of the many I know who are still behind him

PatHead
21-08-2019, 05:26 PM
In the current climate some "supporters" will use anything to knock the club.

The negative climate around is depressing just now.

eastterrace
21-08-2019, 05:26 PM
Best performance under Collins was 6-1 away at Motherwell imo. Untouchable that day. was at that game and your correct we were unstoppable that day. Best display away from home I’ve seen since the tornadoes days.

Kato
21-08-2019, 05:29 PM

How many?

Allant1981
21-08-2019, 05:31 PM
Cant believe even on this thread there is someone having a pop at the current manager, but considering all his other posts I shouldnt be surprised

The_Horde
21-08-2019, 05:44 PM
Cant believe even on this thread there is someone having a pop at the current manager, but considering all his other posts I shouldnt be surprised

Fail to see where I'm having a pop. Please enlighten me, precious.

The 90+2
21-08-2019, 05:54 PM
So we did turn down money for Calderclown?😩 my memory of his whole tenure is quite sketchy as it was so boring

One of the worst decisions.

Allant1981
21-08-2019, 05:55 PM
Fail to see where I'm having a pop. Please enlighten me, precious.

Livi fans forums not busy tonight? So by saying that fans (dont know any personally)are feeling the same way about the current manager as one of the worst we have had in a long time isnt having a pop.

The 90+2
21-08-2019, 05:55 PM
Daily Record ran with the story that every Rangers player was attacked after the cup final.

The Daily Record has run with a couple of stories this season regarding players we were interested in. Kenny Millar rubbished the transfer rumours.

I think it's safe as you say not to believe what the Record prints

It was in all the media not just the record m8. Google is your friend.

The 90+2
21-08-2019, 05:56 PM

Well all the media had an offer for him turned down, otherwise they wouldn’t have went elsewhere. Google Calderwood Hibs Birmingham £300k.

Stonewall
21-08-2019, 06:04 PM
Well all the media had an offer for him turned down, otherwise they wouldn’t have went elsewhere. Google Calderwood Hibs Birmingham £300k.

What does this mean?

04Sauzee
21-08-2019, 06:16 PM
What does this mean?

Means nothing, means a member of the press reported it so other picked up on it. Just like the Doidge fee, in one of Heckingbottoms press conferences a reporter mention the £300k or £350k few we paid for Doidge, Heckingbottom laughed and asked if that's how much we paid, pretty sure we didn't pay that and Heckingbottom knows that.

I don't believe we turned down 300k for calderwood

The 90+2
21-08-2019, 06:25 PM
What does this mean?

It means it was widely reported by every media outlet a bud was turned down and another one was also turned down by Hibs. We should have let the boy go as soon as he made it clear he would be interested. Instead we had to sack him, pay him off and then he went regardless. They didn’t go for anyone else, they waited for Calderwood to be sacked.

The 90+2
21-08-2019, 06:25 PM
Means nothing, means a member of the press reported it so other picked up on it. Just like the Doidge fee, in one of Heckingbottoms press conferences a reporter mention the £300k or £350k few we paid for Doidge, Heckingbottom laughed and asked if that's how much we paid, pretty sure we didn't pay that and Heckingbottom knows that.

I don't believe we turned down 300k for calderwood

Everyone just made it up then aye?

It might have been Forrest who never put a bid in as per Rods rant:
https://theworldgame.sbs.com.au/hibs-hands-off-calderwood

The_Horde
21-08-2019, 06:39 PM
Livi fans forums not busy tonight? So by saying that fans (dont know any personally)are feeling the same way about the current manager as one of the worst we have had in a long time isnt having a pop.

So to summarise the above (if indeed I've translated your post correctly), you believe me simply telling the forum what I've heard in person and read online is having a pop?

If it were my opinion I could see where you're coming from, but I've literally shared information that's out there already.

You're a touch tender about our Hecky. Do you love him? I think he has a wife..

PatHead
21-08-2019, 06:42 PM
Everyone just made it up then aye?

It might have been Forrest who never put a bid in as per Rods rant:
https://theworldgame.sbs.com.au/hibs-hands-off-calderwood

I don't know how clear I can make it. WE NEVER RECEIVED A BID FOR CALDERWOOD. It has as much credence as Leigh was coming for £150k.

If you believe everything in the paper you would believe Hibs supporters assaulted every The Rangers player after the cup final. Morelos could have been sold to China for multiple millions. Do I need to carry on?
There are plenty of negatives being floated about just now without digging up old ones from years ago. This is such a depressing place just now.

The 90+2
21-08-2019, 06:56 PM
I don't know how clear I can make it. WE NEVER RECEIVED A BID FOR CALDERWOOD. It has as much credence as Leigh was coming for £150k.

If you believe everything in the paper you would believe Hibs supporters assaulted every The Rangers player after the cup final. Morelos could have been sold to China for multiple millions. Do I need to carry on?
There are plenty of negatives being floated about just now without digging up old ones from years ago. This is such a depressing place just now.

Where did all the press report Leigh was coming for £150k?

Capital letters mean **** all mate, I can remember the time clearly, Birmingham definitely had an offer knocked back. I’m possibly assuming there was no bid from NF that had Petrie raging and went and told you there was no bid. We rejected a bid from Birmingham, Forrest enquired. There’s sufficient back up out there to clarify this apart from Rod telling you otherwise. It was a major **** up we didn’t even just let him go for free.
What’s the point in going all Leeds Utd about it though? Sorry if it’s hit a nerve for some reason.

Rumble de Thump
21-08-2019, 07:04 PM

Did you point out to the plenty fans that Heckingbottom hasn't said or done anything to even remotely suggest he's disinterested?

Allant1981
21-08-2019, 07:07 PM
So to summarise the above (if indeed I've translated your post correctly), you believe me simply telling the forum what I've heard in person and read online is having a pop?

If it were my opinion I could see where you're coming from, but I've literally shared information that's out there already.

You're a touch tender about our Hecky. Do you love him? I think he has a wife..

Not tender at all, just fed up with all the negative crap that you write about our manager, you dont miss an opportunity to have a go, this time about something you have apparently heard someone say comparing him to calderwood, strange it took you so long to post it as you're usually not slow to have a pop at him. Again are there no livi fans forums on the go tonight seeing as that's the team you go watch

The_Horde
21-08-2019, 07:40 PM
Not tender at all, just fed up with all the negative crap that you write about our manager, you dont miss an opportunity to have a go, this time about something you have apparently heard someone say comparing him to calderwood, strange it took you so long to post it as you're usually not slow to have a pop at him. Again are there no livi fans forums on the go tonight seeing as that's the team you go watch

I was never having a go.

Wibble. Get your own pattor.

Kato
21-08-2019, 07:55 PM
I was never having a go.

Wibble. Get your own pattor.

jeez

The 90+2
21-08-2019, 08:29 PM
jeez

To be fair he is getting abuse left right and centre. Hermit must be relieved he can take a few days off.

Captain Trips
22-08-2019, 08:24 AM
Calderwood was pish he has the charisma of a bag of *****.

Allant1981
22-08-2019, 08:38 AM
To be fair he is getting abuse left right and centre. Hermit must be relieved he can take a few days off.

It's not abuse, the poster has a go at the manager almost every single post, he has already stated he doesnt watch the games so not quite sure how he can give an opinion on something or someone he doesnt watch but if he feels its abuse then I apologise, I now have said poster on ignore

matty_f
22-08-2019, 08:59 AM

We were definitely offered money for Calderwood - I spoke to a board member afterwards during the Working Together meetings, and they said that they were caught between a rock and a hard place with Calderwood - they had basically signed off on a load of money for him to sign players so they were in a position where they wanted him to give them value for it.

They were in a bad position no matter if they accepted the offer or turned it down.

Calderwood also came very highly recommended from big figures in football - "you won't get the chance of someone as good again" was roughly the quote, IIRC.

Pretty Boy
22-08-2019, 09:06 AM
We were definitely offered money for Calderwood - I spoke to a board member afterwards during the Working Together meetings, and they said that they were caught between a rock and a hard place with Calderwood - they had basically signed off on a load of money for him to sign players so they were in a position where they wanted him to give them value for it.

They were in a bad position no matter if they accepted the offer or turned it down.

Calderwood also came very highly recommended from big figures in football - "you won't get the chance of someone as good again" was roughly the quote, IIRC.

I think there may be a bit confusion because there were 2 clubs interested, Birmingham was one and I think Forest may have been the other. RP very forcefully denied we had turned down money from one of them at an AGM, that may be what is being discussed earlier in the thread, but I'm fairly certain there was an approach officially turned down from the other and RP also confirmed that had indeed happened.

The 90+2
22-08-2019, 09:15 AM
I think there may be a bit confusion because there were 2 clubs interested, Birmingham was one and I think Forest may have been the other. RP very forcefully denied we had turned down money from one of them at an AGM, that may be what is being discussed earlier in the thread, but I'm fairly certain there was an approach officially turned down from the other and RP also confirmed that had indeed happened.

Yep. Petrie confirmed the money offered for CC from Birmingham was less than we paid compo to Newcastle. Think he ripped into Yogi at the same time at the agm.

The 90+2
22-08-2019, 09:16 AM
It's not abuse, the poster has a go at the manager almost every single post, he has already stated he doesnt watch the games so not quite sure how he can give an opinion on something or someone he doesnt watch but if he feels its abuse then I apologise, I now have said poster on ignore

Fair explanation. Poster does seem to get it tight though all the time.

The_Horde
22-08-2019, 09:27 AM

Where did I say I didn't watch the games? :hilarious

You're making a bit of a fool of yourself here, time to give it up methinks.

matty_f
22-08-2019, 09:29 AM

That'll be my fault for just skimming through the thread :greengrin

Allant1981
22-08-2019, 10:31 AM
Where did I say I didn't watch the games? :hilarious

You're making a bit of a fool of yourself here, time to give it up methinks.

You stated on another thread you dont go to the games

The_Horde
22-08-2019, 11:20 AM
You stated on another thread you dont go to the games

I suggest you find that post, read it again (properly this time, or it might even be an idea to get someone to do it for you) and then report back to me what you find. 👍