PDA

View Full Version : Ticket for Ibrox

ValleyHibee
19-12-2018, 12:14 PM
Hahaha, did you not read the post ? the exact wording-Mate can't go so have 1 Adult ticket and want 100 - 70 for it and won't accept a penny less. what is 100 -70 ? I have never sold any ticket for more than face value and would never rip off any Hibs fan, put something similar for Hamilton play off on FB and had people calling me a thieving *******,maybe read the post properly,just a wee joke:na na:

Carheenlea
19-12-2018, 12:27 PM
I see how an admin would read it the wrong way - had to read it a few times before the penny dropped. Would probably have been easier to just say £30 and sure you’ll get a quick sale and hopefully your collection arrangements will be less cryptic!

ValleyHibee
19-12-2018, 12:32 PM
I see how an admin would read it the wrong way - had to read it a few times before the penny dropped. Would probably have been easier to just say £30 and sure you’ll get a quick sale and hopefully your collection arrangements will be less cryptic!
I know but less fun,sorry

Aim Here
19-12-2018, 12:47 PM
Hahaha, did you not read the post ? the exact wording-Mate can't go so have 1 Adult ticket and want 100 - 70 for it and won't accept a penny less. what is 100 -70 ? I have never sold any ticket for more than face value and would never rip off any Hibs fan, put something similar for Hamilton play off on FB and had people calling me a thieving *******,maybe read the post properly,just a wee joke:na na:

Trouble that the '-' symbol is an overloaded operator - it can be used as a hyphen or a minus sign. It might read as '100 to 70' (i.e. something in the range of £70 to £100) rather than '100 minus 70' (i.e. £30). Sure, the first reading is the wrong way round from normal, but both readings are equally unusual and you can see why someone would look at it being an attempted scalping (particularly with the severe admonition that you 'won't accept a penny less' at the end).

ValleyHibee
19-12-2018, 12:54 PM
Trouble that the '-' symbol is an overloaded operator - it can be used as a hyphen or a minus sign. It might read as '100 to 70' (i.e. something in the range of £70 to £100) rather than '100 minus 70' (i.e. £30). Sure, the first reading is the wrong way round from normal, but both readings are equally unusual and you can see why someone would look at it being an attempted scalping (particularly with the severe admonition that you 'won't accept a penny less' at the end).
Ok,never knew that,from now on will just keep things simple.

superfurryhibby
19-12-2018, 01:32 PM
Bizarre way to say£30.00, but each to their own.

nonshinyfinish
19-12-2018, 01:33 PM
Should have used a proper minus sign (−), Unicode 2212. Note that’s different from an en dash (–), Unicode 2013, which in this context would signify a range.

Typography matters.

ValleyHibee
19-12-2018, 03:01 PM
Should have used a proper minus sign (−), Unicode 2212. Note that’s different from an en dash (–), Unicode 2013, which in this context would signify a range.

Typography matters.
Aye,cheers for that:aok: