PDA

View Full Version : Not going to the derby - release your tickets

jakedance
18-12-2018, 12:52 PM
A wee appeal to any season ticket holders that can't make the derby to release your tickets back to the club. I'm sure a few folk will be on holiday or have family commitments so it would be a real shame for some Hibees (most notably this one) to be locked out and see empty seats on the TV. Either that or PM me for cash sale ;)

Keith_M
18-12-2018, 01:48 PM
Tried to already, bud. Option isn't available yet.

I'll keep trying though.

Hermit Crab
18-12-2018, 02:05 PM
Seat release has not been activated by the club yet.

SirDavidsNapper
18-12-2018, 02:29 PM
Hopefully get as many bums on seats as possible

cabbageandribs1875
18-12-2018, 02:38 PM
think i've been sleep-walking the last few weeks, clean forgot about this fixture and didn't even realise they had been on sale, **** sake

sigh

Billy Whizz
18-12-2018, 05:00 PM
Only issue will be in FF5 lower, where I think the club have said you can’t upgrade a kids ticket to an adult one

Just Alf
18-12-2018, 05:31 PM
Only issue will be in FF5 lower, where I think the club have said you can’t upgrade a kids ticket to an adult onePretty sure if seat's released its treated like any other seat... I do think that a bit more should be done about highlighting behaviour expectations when in with the kids though.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Billy Whizz
18-12-2018, 05:36 PM
Pretty sure if seat's released its treated like any other seat... I do think that a bit more should be done about highlighting behaviour expectations when in with the kids though.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Alf, I was only saying what a few people in FF5 lower had posted on here during the season. They weren’t able to upgrade a kids ticket to an adult one in this area
Maybe someone in this area could confirm

007 Mickey Weir
18-12-2018, 05:39 PM
Alf, I was only saying what a few people in FF5 lower had posted on here during the season. They weren’t able to upgrade a kids ticket to an adult one in this area

Makes sense. That way genuine parents can buy kids seats. Rather than people just buying for the odd game and upgrading

hibbysam
18-12-2018, 07:24 PM
Only issue will be in FF5 lower, where I think the club have said you can’t upgrade a kids ticket to an adult one

The club will do this, and allow adults to buy seats there, I’ve no doubt. My issue back when they were saying it had to be families were that’s fine until the club have this decision to make, there’s no way they’ll turn that money away on single seats, but it’s totally hypocritical to the stance Leeann took earlier this season.

Just Alf
18-12-2018, 08:53 PM

Actually, I seem to remember it also.... Was it ok if there were two seats and it was an adult and a child you tried to buy? .... Summat like that at least.

Dav1986
18-12-2018, 08:54 PM
Any idea when they'll put an announcement out to release tickets if you can't go? Either that or I'll take a ticket off anyone's hands if they can't go. Was out and about today and by time I got round to getting online to buy one they were sold out

Speedy
18-12-2018, 08:57 PM
Seat release has not been activated by the club yet.

I don't understand why it isn't permanently on.

monktonharp
18-12-2018, 09:10 PM
I don't understand why it isn't permanently on.this

monktonharp
18-12-2018, 09:14 PM
Only issue will be in FF5 lower, where I think the club have said you can’t upgrade a kids ticket to an adult oneFF5 LOWER? I this only a section of the lower? I thought the ruling applied to ALL of the FF Lower? I find it difficult to understand when "night " games still prevent release/upgrade of these seats

GreenCastle
18-12-2018, 09:22 PM
I don't understand why it isn't permanently on.

Yup would make sense and allow fans to buy better seats if they game available for any game.

Juniper Greens
19-12-2018, 06:29 AM

Hibs have said this, yes.

Diclonius
19-12-2018, 06:33 AM

That's priceless, isn't that the reason it's so empty despite being "sold out"? People paying £20 insurance to get a guaranteed derby ticket only to be told it doesn't work like that this year. Oh well.

Albanian Hibs
19-12-2018, 06:40 AM
Who actually does this? Buys a kids season ticket and only uses it to go to the derby? That's just weird.

Edinburgh Green
19-12-2018, 06:42 AM
Who actually does this? Buys a kids season ticket and only uses it to go to the derby? That's just weird.

Plenty judging by the big gaps most weeks.

Diclonius
19-12-2018, 07:01 AM

The FF Lower being "sold out" online and then being empty at the actual game has been a thing for years. I didn't realise the club were now preventing people from upgrading kids STs there, so hopefully when people realise that'll solve the problem next season.

Unfortunately this season it's just going to be permanently half empty. Surely the club can pick up on this by figuring out who didn't use their ST all season up until this point, refunding them half the money and making it available for resale as a half ST?

PatHead
19-12-2018, 07:06 AM
Hibs could not tell someone to give up a season ticket because they don't go to matches. (Unfortunately).

The stand is as good as sold out with only singles leftover. It is a shame that they couldn't get fans to move along a seat to free up seats next to each other though.

Speedy
19-12-2018, 07:37 AM
Plenty judging by the big gaps most weeks.

I'm not sure. Many will just buy them because they're so cheap it's better value than buying tickets as a walk up when they fancy it.

That's certainly what I did as a student - worked a Saturday but it still made sense to get a cheap ST rather than pay £10-£12 a time for Sunday & midweek games.

Steven79
19-12-2018, 02:50 PM
Hibs have said this, yes.

I thought this was only on the day of the game?

Dashing Bob S
19-12-2018, 02:59 PM
Fail to see why people who have bought ST's and can't make this game through no fault of their own, should indulge glory hunters/yobbish sorts who only show up for big games - very often dragging the good name of our esteemed club through the mud in the process.

Johnny Clash
19-12-2018, 03:08 PM
Everyone scans a bar code to get in nowadays so it’s really easy for our club to see if there’s any seats that never get used. Then maybe a diplomatic message could be sent out to those ST holders who hardly ever use the seats. All we’d be asking is that they release any seats not getting used so that fellow Hibs supporters get the opportunity to see the game.

makaveli1875
19-12-2018, 03:55 PM
Fail to see why people who have bought ST's and can't make this game through no fault of their own, should indulge glory hunters/yobbish sorts who only show up for big games - very often dragging the good name of our esteemed club through the mud in the process.

If you have a ST and you cant make the derby then your priorities are all wrong :greengrin

Ronniekirk
19-12-2018, 04:38 PM
If you have a ST and you cant make the derby then your priorities are all wrong :greengrin

I have a Season Ticket and am not going

Giving it to my son to go as he is coming up from London ,and couldn't get a Ticket .Gutted but will. be pleased if he sees us pump them and I will go through and watch it in a Local Pub to at least soak up the Atmosphere

Speedy
20-12-2018, 06:57 AM

More money going to the club?

Onceinawhile
20-12-2018, 07:20 AM
More money going to the club?

He's taking the piss.

Speedy
20-12-2018, 07:22 AM
He's taking the piss.

Sometimes it's hard to tell, some people do have that sort of view.