PDA

View Full Version : Progress

Juniper Greens
18-12-2018, 10:06 AM
When we built the East, many feared it would be a waste, indeed the first game was against the old Rangers and it was no where near sold out.
Fast forward and the three home stands are packed and we now actually have fans in the "away" stand.
Where will we be in five years time?

hibbyfraelibby
18-12-2018, 10:15 AM

Straiton?😉

G15 Hibs
18-12-2018, 10:17 AM
Straiton?😉

:faf:

Nevi_SOL
18-12-2018, 10:33 AM
😂😂😂

SirDavidsNapper
18-12-2018, 10:35 AM
When we built the East, many feared it would be a waste, indeed the first game was against the old Rangers and it was no where near sold out.
Fast forward and the three home stands are packed and we now actually have fans in the "away" stand.

Was thinking that the other day. I was there, sure we lost 0-3 and i thought the stand was rubbish. Fast forward to now and the atmosphere in there in big games is phenomenal especially under the lights. In 5 years? Who knows. Hopefully selling out half the south regularly.

DarlingtonHibee
18-12-2018, 10:35 AM
Nobody mention filling in the corners 😂

DJ HIBBY
18-12-2018, 10:40 AM

Yes but even with the reported sell out against Celtic, the amount of empty seats in both the east and famous five was staggering. The issue with famous five in particular is strange, it seems people buy seasons there and simply don’t use them. I understand they are cheap family tickets but why don’t the families actually ever use them. All seems bizarre!

Lago
18-12-2018, 10:43 AM
Yes but even with the reported sell out against Celtic, the amount of empty seats in both the east and famous five was staggering. The issue with famous five in particular is strange, it seems people buy seasons there and simply don’t use them. I understand they are cheap family tickets but why don’t the families actually ever use them. All seems bizarre!
Your right about FF it look half empty on TV, hard to understand.

we are hibs
18-12-2018, 11:04 AM

The only way to stop it would be bringing the prices to the level of the rest of the ground for season tickets. Would be a shame for those who genuinely go all the time but there's clearly people taking advantage of it.

70hibby
18-12-2018, 11:10 AM
The only way to stop it would be bringing the prices to the level of the rest of the ground for season tickets. Would be a shame for those who genuinely go all the time but there's clearly people taking advantage of it.

Surely their computer system can see who went through the gate and those that didn't allowing them to cut them out next year for a ticket if x% of games missed. I couldn't get my daughter a ticket in the FF with my son and I as there was none available, yet as you point out loads of empties :(

SirDavidsNapper
18-12-2018, 11:33 AM
Were most of the kicks for kids season tickets not bought in FF stand? Might explain the empty seats

tamig
18-12-2018, 11:57 AM
Surely their computer system can see who went through the gate and those that didn't allowing them to cut them out next year for a ticket if x% of games missed. I couldn't get my daughter a ticket in the FF with my son and I as there was none available, yet as you point out loads of empties :(

I think they do need to look at this. I have had an ST in the same seat in the FF for years since my boy was a nipper. He’s 18 now but we still enjoy our seats. It is staggering how many empty seats there are and there doesn’t even seem to be a pattern. It’s wrong that so many folk like yourself are keen to get in there but there are other who have snapped up the STs but rarely use them.

Juniper Greens
18-12-2018, 12:03 PM
The old FF Lower debate really wasn't my intention with this thread...

However, I know the club is looking into this to try and fix it. I think a few simple rules such as:

There must be an under 18 member of any party to be able to purchase a ST in the section
This under 18 member must attend at least 50%(? - or other random proportion) of games to enable tickets to be purchased in future for this section.

It must be difficult for people to get into this stand now, which needs fixed, but I also think it's important to have a family stand, as it encourages our next generation.

Keith_M
18-12-2018, 12:11 PM

Sadly I think the club should start doing that.

I'm trying to encourage a couple of kids along to games and would love to be able to take them into the FF Lower, usually with at least one other adult, but getting 4 or more seats together is just not an option... which is ridiculous when there must be at least 500 empty seats every game.

I have to be honest, even though I would love to see Hibs Fans in the South Stand against the OF in every match, I actually think there's (currently) more than enough seats empty in the other stands at those games to accommodate the extra few hundred supporters... but it's impossible to utilize those seats.

Keith_M
18-12-2018, 12:13 PM
The old FF Lower debate really wasn't my intention with this thread...

However, I know the club is looking into this to try and fix it. I think a few simple rules such as:

There must be an under 18 member of any party to be able to purchase a ST in the section
This under 18 member must attend at least 50%(? - or other random proportion) of games to enable tickets to be purchased in future for this section.

It must be difficult for people to get into this stand now, which needs fixed, but I also think it's important to have a family stand, as it encourages our next generation.

Yeah, sorry to put a dampener on such a positive thread.

:greengrin

TBH, I think we owe most of the progress in crowd numbers to the Scottish Cup win.

HiBremian
18-12-2018, 12:25 PM
Were most of the kicks for kids season tickets not bought in FF stand? Might explain the empty seats

I'm contributing monthly to KfK. Think it's a great idea, but if supply is exceeding demand, we maybe need to look again. Makes no sense to block possible walk-ups. Ironically I've been the victim myself, as the few times I'm in Edinburgh for a match it's always been difficult getting a decent seat.

JE89
18-12-2018, 12:47 PM

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20181218/08c90845a6a321be620b6eda9c3016a2.jpg

And it appears a fair few of them were Celtic supporters. Look at how many of them are sitting down as he is celebrating sitting very close to the Celtic end.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lago
18-12-2018, 01:09 PM
I use to have season ticket in the FF some years ago & it certainly was never as empty on big games, quite apart from anything else it's a PR disaster when you see it on the box, ridiculous on Sunday.

PatHead
18-12-2018, 01:14 PM

No, the kicks for kids tickets are not for the Famous Five.

While I appreciate that folk may have been in the Famous Five for a long time it is a family stand and we need to keep it as such. It is the best way to develop our fan base in the long term.

Once groups no longer have children they should move to other parts of the stadium.

JeMeSouviens
18-12-2018, 01:18 PM
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20181218/08c90845a6a321be620b6eda9c3016a2.jpg

And it appears a fair few of them were Celtic supporters. Look at how many of them are sitting down as he is celebrating sitting very close to the Celtic end.

That's not the FF, that's the south.

JeMeSouviens
18-12-2018, 01:24 PM

It's not that hard to understand. STs for under 12s were £25. So you only need to take the child twice and it's paid for itself plus you have priority for cup final tickets should we get to one.

Keith_M
18-12-2018, 01:43 PM

:tee hee:

Famous Fiver
18-12-2018, 03:28 PM
Could be worse.

If the seats were painted yellow we could have copied all the Hearts fans dressed as seats at Livi on Friday night!!

JimBHibees
18-12-2018, 03:29 PM

Thought it was sold out that game or pretty near to it had a great view of De Graff missing an open goal. :greengrin

Lago
18-12-2018, 04:07 PM
It's not that hard to understand. STs for under 12s were £25. So you only need to take the child twice and it's paid for itself plus you have priority for cup final tickets should we get to one.
That doesn't explain empty seats though

JeMeSouviens
18-12-2018, 04:16 PM
That doesn't explain empty seats though

It does. If an ST for a wee one that's really too young to be a regular attender cost £75 and you were only going to take them to a couple of games in the season, you wouldn't buy one. At £25, even if they only go once, you haven't lost much. People buy them for wee kids with no intention to take them to even half the games.

Keith_M
18-12-2018, 04:18 PM
It does. If an ST for a wee one that's really too young to be a regular attender cost £75 and you were only going to take them to a couple of games in the season, you wouldn't buy one. At £25, even if they only go once, you haven't lost much. People buy them for wee kids with no intention to take them to even half the games.

Add to that the fact that Adult & OAP prices are also a lot cheaper than the rest of the stadium.

JE89
18-12-2018, 04:26 PM

I completely misinterpreted this thread.

cabbageandribs1875
18-12-2018, 04:46 PM
just out of curiosity, how are kids identified at the point when an adult purchases adult and child ST's for the FF :confused:

just asking likes

Billy Whizz
18-12-2018, 04:58 PM
just out of curiosity, how are kids identified at the point when an adult purchases adult and child ST's for the FF :confused:

just asking likes

Presume the kid will have a client ref no with their age etc on it

Wilson
18-12-2018, 05:11 PM
When we built the East, many feared it would be a waste

Small time thinkers that deserve a small time club. Just like those that say because we've never been consistently at the top end of the league that we shouldn't expect it now.

Thankfully the people in charge have greater expectations for our club.

cabbageandribs1875
18-12-2018, 05:34 PM
Presume the kid will have a client ref no with their age etc on it

that would be fair enough for future ST purchases, what i really meant was what proof is required when a ST is purchased for the first time for a kid(for the adult and child category), it's probably quite simple but i'm just curious :greengrin

Billy Whizz
18-12-2018, 05:37 PM
that would be fair enough for future ST purchases, what i really meant was what proof is required when a ST is purchased for the first time for a kid(for the adult and child category), it's probably quite simple but i'm just curious :greengrin

Don’t think you can buy a season ticket without a client ref no

Lago
18-12-2018, 06:24 PM
I'm just naive I guess, can't see the point of doing that, but bottom line has to be addressed to benefit the club.

DJ HIBBY
18-12-2018, 06:30 PM
I'm just naive I guess, can't see the point of doing that, but bottom line has to be addressed to benefit the club.

Agreed, if you have paid for it why not use it. Doesn’t make sense