PDA

View Full Version : Rangers tomorrow

Diclonius
18-12-2018, 09:09 AM
So, only three days after a massive win against Celtic hopefully kickstarted our season, we have their brothers coming to Easter Road for more of the same. What do we reckon? Is Slivka/anyone else new injured?

bigwheel
18-12-2018, 09:11 AM
So, only three days after a massive win against Celtic hopefully kickstarted our season, we have their brothers coming to Easter Road for more of the same. What do we reckon? Is Slivka/anyone else new injured?

it's a great game this isn't it...They have scored more goals (I think) than any other team in the league..so will be big test for us. Yet, feel we can score against them too. Could be a defining moment for us this season. Really looking forward to it.

EH54
18-12-2018, 09:15 AM
not meaning to sound pessimistic here, but Celtic were very very poor on sunday, Can't see sevco being quite as bad, They'll show a lot more fight and think their midfield will get the better of us in this one, green tinted specs off. likes of Jack, Arfield, Mccrorie, Coulibaly, they've all got plenty of dig about them, Morelos/Lafferty won't be any worse than Edouard was, we need to stand up to the fight and get right in amongst them early. hopefully their midweek european jaunts catch up with them in this one. Mon the cabbage!

Bostonhibby
18-12-2018, 09:17 AM
Something close to the same team as bossed celtc and playing with the same attitude and we win. Sevco defence is rank. My only concern is what the ref let's McGregor laugherty and Morelos away with.

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

cleanyman
18-12-2018, 09:19 AM
Rangers don't have a single player who can pick up the ball and drive forward. Similar to Hibs.

They rely on a frantic first 20 minutes where they look to blow teams away. If we escape that 20 minute spell Hibs will win.

we are hibs
18-12-2018, 09:26 AM
Lads, it's rangers.

we are hibs
18-12-2018, 09:27 AM
Rangers don't have a single player who can pick up the ball and drive forward. Similar to Hibs.

They rely on a frantic first 20 minutes where they look to blow teams away. If we escape that 20 minute spell Hibs will win.

Pretty sure our first goal came from Hyndman picking up the ball and driving forward on Sunday?

Onion
18-12-2018, 09:33 AM
Sevco must feel they've got a great chance of the title now and Hibs need points to get back into the mix for top 6 & Europe so should be a cracker tomorrow. If Hibs work as hard as Sun and avoid bad luck, we've a great chance of taking something. A draw would be ok, a win would great but it's rare for any team to beat both cheeks within a week.

IMO our biggest threat will be the officials who will be under pressure and instructions to support the Sevco title bid.

cleanyman
18-12-2018, 09:37 AM
Pretty sure our first goal came from Hyndman picking up the ball and driving forward on Sunday?

Great, one goal.

bingo70
18-12-2018, 09:42 AM
Sevco must feel they've got a great chance of the title now and Hibs need points to get back into the mix for top 6 & Europe so should be a cracker tomorrow. If Hibs work as hard as Sun and avoid bad luck, we've a great chance of taking something. A draw would be ok, a win would great but it's rare for any team to beat both cheeks within a week.

IMO our biggest threat will be the officials who will be under pressure and instructions to support the Sevco title bid.

Have they not been under pressure when Sevco have been getting about 45 red cards this season?

I think it'll be a good game tomorrow night and there's bound to be goals, it's a tough one to call and could go either way.

They have a terrible away record this season so i think if we can get stuck right into them and make it a frantic opening 20 minutes we can rattle them and we have a great chance.

southern hibby
18-12-2018, 09:44 AM
Lads, it's rangers.

No it’s not IT’S The Rangers.

GGTTH

BILLYHIBS
18-12-2018, 09:51 AM
Lads, it's rangers.
No they let their club die they even came out and said we want to be known as the The Rangers in a veiled attempt to keep their trophies and identity even although they ceased to exist since 2012

I hear what you are saying though and it wynds the Huns up no end when you remind them of that fact by calling them The Rangers

euro Hibby
18-12-2018, 09:51 AM
Hibs generally turn up for the big games , so i am sure that Gerrards team will be given a good test and i would agree that if we keep it tight for 20 minutes , chances sway to Hibs backed by a larger home support.
Celtic were crap on saturday but Hibs made them look crap. This team hammered Kilmarnock.

Hopefully Slivka makes it, but if not Boyle has something to prove and will add some attacking flair if he is on his game. Bookies have Rangers as favourites I think at 4/1 so i will have some of that !
This game will tell us a lot about Hibs but given also how close the league is right now , any result will not close our season.

Keith_M
18-12-2018, 09:54 AM
Weather is horrendous just now. I hope it's a lot better tomorrow.

we are hibs
18-12-2018, 09:57 AM
Great, one goal.

So your point was nonsense, then? You said we don't have anyone capable of doing it. We do.

PatHead
18-12-2018, 09:57 AM
Lads, it's rangers.

No it isn't.

It is Sevco, The Rangers,or the Phoenix club.

cleanyman
18-12-2018, 09:58 AM
So your point was nonsense, then? You said we don't have anyone capable of doing it. We do.

They were ***** last season and we stil couldn't beat them at ER

Top team

But one example isn't enough to beat such quality

Since90+2
18-12-2018, 10:01 AM
Hibs generally turn up for the big games , so i am sure that Gerrards team will be given a good test and i would agree that if we keep it tight for 20 minutes , chances sway to Hibs backed by a larger home support.
Celtic were crap on saturday but Hibs made them look crap. This team hammered Kilmarnock.

Hopefully Slivka makes it, but if not Boyle has something to prove and will add some attacking flair if he is on his game. Bookies have Rangers as favourites I think at 4/1 so i will have some of that !
This game will tell us a lot about Hibs but given also how close the league is right now , any result will not close our season.

4/1? Rangers are favourites at even money and Hibs are 3/1 which I think is a great price.

Since90+2
18-12-2018, 10:02 AM

Top team

Top team? They finished 3rd last year and we just beat the double treble winners on Sunday. If we turn up we will win.

SirDavidsNapper
18-12-2018, 10:04 AM
The Rangers fans i unfortunately know said they were poor against Hamilton and have been poor for weeks. Then again we were poor for weeks too. 50/50 kind of game.

Keith_M
18-12-2018, 10:06 AM

Top team

Why have you got five stars in your post? Are you an undercover Hun?

Those fifty titles were won by another club, get over it mate!

:na na:

SirDavidsNapper
18-12-2018, 10:09 AM
Why have you got five stars in your post? Are you an undercover Hun?

Those fifty titles were won by another club, get over it mate!

:na na:

Always made me cringe a bit. I'll find it mildly amusing when Celtic surpass the old Rangers in league titles won

Bostonhibby
18-12-2018, 10:16 AM
No it isn't.

It is Sevco, The Rangers,or the Phoenix club.Always be Sevco for me, annoys the hell out of the few sevconians I know and I enjoy reminding them that when they decided to liquidate themselves they also gave themselves the Sevco tag as well.

Sevco is much more catchy than the now defunct Glasgow rangers.

Keith_M
18-12-2018, 10:33 AM
Always be Sevco for me, annoys the hell out of the few sevconians I know and I enjoy reminding them that when they decided to liquidate themselves they also gave themselves the Sevco tag as well.

Sevco is much more catchy than the now defunct Glasgow rangers.

I don't know if it's still the case, but posts with the word Sevco were being removed from the comments section of the Evening News for a while, with a warning given to the poster about sectarian hate-speech.

Sir David Gray
18-12-2018, 10:38 AM
I don't know if it's still the case, but posts with the word Sevco were being removed from the comments section of the Evening News for a while, with a warning given to the poster about sectarian hate-speech.

:faf: I would be reporting the warning to the Press Complaints Commission.

Keith_M
18-12-2018, 10:45 AM
:faf: I would be reporting the warning to the Press Complaints Commission.

Crazy, isn't it.

Bostonhibby
18-12-2018, 10:48 AM
I don't know if it's still the case, but posts with the word Sevco were being removed from the comments section of the Evening News for a while, with a warning given to the poster about sectarian hate-speech.I should be okay. I'm an atheist who doesn't have anything to do with the EEN [emoji5]

Sir David Gray
18-12-2018, 10:49 AM
Crazy, isn't it.

Disgrace. Even although I still disagree with it, I could just about understand it with the word hun but how can a word that was only created in 2012 specifically for the new company which Charles Green set up be seen as sectarian?

CropleyWasGod
18-12-2018, 11:01 AM
Disgrace. Even although I still disagree with it, I could just about understand it with the word hun but how can a word that was only created in 2012 specifically for the new company which Charles Green set up be seen as sectarian?

There have been Sevco's around since the last century.

Allow them their wee games though. :greengrin

BegbieHSC
18-12-2018, 11:02 AM
**** the huns!

Got a great feeling about tomorrow, and the rest of December in general.

:nlgwa:flag:

BegbieHSC
18-12-2018, 11:07 AM
**** the huns!

Got a great feeling about tomorrow, and the rest of December in general.

:nlgwa:flag:

bingo70
18-12-2018, 02:14 PM
Notice Gerrard in the Rangers pre-match press conference is saying that this is Lennon's big fixture and suggesting it's the game he's up for more than any others.

Is he being a bit naughty and trying to get involved in mind games by saying that trying to put a bit pressure on or is it true?

I can see why he would think that but i personally think Lennon looks forward to the Celtic games more and i think the Hearts games seem to effect him emotionally more.

Since90+2
18-12-2018, 02:15 PM
Notice Gerrard in the Rangers pre-match press conference is saying that this is Lennon's big fixture and suggesting it's the game he's up for more than any others.

Is he being a bit naughty and trying to get involved in mind games by saying that trying to put a bit pressure on or is it true?

I can see why he would think that but i personally think Lennon looks forward to the Celtic games more and i think the Hearts games seem to effect him emotionally more.

He's playing to his Sevco gallery. I can't imagine it will have any impact on Lennon or the team tomorrow.

Sir David Gray
18-12-2018, 02:19 PM

Gerrard's a prick, can't wait to see his face after we stuff that horrible mob tomorrow.

BILLYHIBS
18-12-2018, 02:27 PM
Gerrard's a prick, can't wait to see his face after we stuff that horrible mob tomorrow.
Yip! That would be a SOL worth sticking around for 😁

bingo70
18-12-2018, 02:30 PM

Jamie Carragher has just been interviewed on Sky Sports News about Mourinho and he is in Edinburgh just now so i'm guessing he's up for tomorrow nights game as well.

Hopefully a couple of disappointed scousers being sent home unhappy tomorrow night.

Bostonhibby
18-12-2018, 02:34 PM

I can see why he would think that but i personally think Lennon looks forward to the Celtic games more and i think the Hearts games seem to effect him emotionally more.Gerrards thicker than a very big thicket so I'll opt for he's playing to the hun gallery.

LancsHibs
18-12-2018, 02:39 PM
Lenny will have us fired up for this as per, make no mistake about that and I expect our dominance over the new club to continue. Glory Glory.
Oh and Steve G is a prize plumb

Keith_M
18-12-2018, 02:39 PM
Gerrards thicker than a ticket tout's wad

Adjusted for Scouser-ness.

Bostonhibby
18-12-2018, 02:40 PM
Adjusted for Scouser-ness.[emoji106]

Kato
18-12-2018, 02:40 PM
Jamie Carragher has just been interviewed on Sky Sports News about Mourinho and he is in Edinburgh just now so i'm guessing he's up for tomorrow nights game as well.

Hopefully a couple of disappointed scousers being sent home unhappy tomorrow night.

He quite enjoyed our Cup win a couple of years back.

https://twitter.com/carra23/status/734049092788178944?lang=en

bingo70
18-12-2018, 02:42 PM
Gerrards thicker than a very big thicket so I'll opt for he's playing to the hun gallery.

I know it's not a popular opinion and it doesn't sit right with me saying this about anyone employed by them but i don't actually mind Gerrard.

From a football perspective i certainly don't think he's thick, I'm hoping he's a bit naive tomorrow night and there's things Lennon can exploit and it wouldn't surprise me in the slightest if Lennon schools him a bit but he certainly doesn't strike me as a stupid person.

I suspect you're right about him playing to the Hun gallery though.

SirDavidsNapper
18-12-2018, 02:43 PM
Slippy G will be heading back along the M8 with his tail between his legs tomorrow night.

Bostonhibby
18-12-2018, 02:49 PM
I know it's not a popular opinion and it doesn't sit right with me saying this about anyone employed by them but i don't actually mind Gerrard.

From a football perspective i certainly don't think he's thick, I'm hoping he's a bit naive tomorrow night and there's things Lennon can exploit and it wouldn't surprise me in the slightest if Lennon schools him a bit but he certainly doesn't strike me as a stupid person.

I suspect you're right about him playing to the Hun gallery though.

I had a lot of time for the guy back in the day but his utterances since joining sevco and the fact that he seems comfortable in his sevco tie seals it for me.

Thickness is in the eye of the beholder I guess[emoji6]

BILLYHIBS
18-12-2018, 03:02 PM
[QUOTE=Bostonhibby;5633999]I had a lot of time for the guy back in the day but his utterances since joining sevco and the fact that he seems comfortable in his sevco tie seals it for me.

Thickness is in the eye of the beholder I guess[emoji6]

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk[/QUOTE

Brain washed!

“The world is against us!”

Sevco propaganda

AgentDaleCooper
18-12-2018, 03:11 PM
We're going to win the league :aok:

Sir David Gray
18-12-2018, 03:29 PM

I would love to see the pair of them with their faces tripping them.

It would make my Christmas.

alihibs1
18-12-2018, 04:08 PM
Hibs usually are the team on the front foot at Easter Road and always create chances.

I fancy a 2-2 draw or a 3-2 win which would be fitting.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Famous Fiver
18-12-2018, 04:25 PM
I'll take a draw right now.

A win and I'll be hoarse for a week.

bingo70
18-12-2018, 04:32 PM
I'll take a draw right now.

A win and I'll be hoarse for a week.

Correct.

A draw tomorrow and win on Saturday and it’s been a tremendous week.

Obviously would rather a win tomorrow but a draw would be a decent result.

Sir David Gray
18-12-2018, 04:49 PM
Correct.

A draw tomorrow and win on Saturday and it’s been a tremendous week.

Obviously would rather a win tomorrow but a draw would be a decent result.

It would be but the two home games against them last season really annoyed me. The 2-1 defeat in the first game was a nonsense as we absolutely pumped them in every way possible that night except in the scoreline and in the second match, although coming back from 5-3 down to get a draw was good, we should not be surrendering a 3-0 lead at home.

There's a score to settle tomorrow.

bingo70
18-12-2018, 04:54 PM
It would be but the two home games against them last season really annoyed me. The 2-1 defeat in the first game was a nonsense as we absolutely pumped them in every way possible that night except in the scoreline and in the second match, although coming back from 5-3 down to get a draw was good, we should not be surrendering a 3-0 lead at home.

You’ll not hear any arguments from me about that.

A lot depends how the game pans out as well, in the cold light of day a draw isn’t a bad result but if we come back from 2 down it’s a terrific result, if we throw away a 2 goal lead it’ll feel like a defeat.

Getting 3 points on Sunday means I’m a bit more relaxed about tomorrow night, I’m sure the players won’t be thinking like that though.

Eyrie
18-12-2018, 08:51 PM

Let's hope for better refereeing than that defeat when there is a stonewall penalty.

houstonhibbee
18-12-2018, 08:55 PM

You mean two scores to settle...:aok:

Carheenlea
18-12-2018, 09:01 PM
Always look forward to games against Rangers, and tomorrow night’s fixture under the lights is mouthwatering. Should be a very good game going by the form.

PatHead
18-12-2018, 09:04 PM
Anyone know our head to head record against Sevco?

BILLYHIBS
18-12-2018, 09:10 PM

Remember Rocky lost a soft one to Morelos at his near post that night hope he has his wits about him tomorrow night

BILLYHIBS
18-12-2018, 09:25 PM
Anyone know our head to head record against Sevco?

Played 17
Won 9
Drawn. 1
Lost. 7
For. 34
Against. 33

allmodcons
18-12-2018, 09:26 PM
Sevco's form isn't that great. They've lost 3 or their last 4 competitive matches including a draw away to Dundee and scored only 2 goals in that time.

IMO we have nothing fear playing anybody at ER. Our record speaks for itself - 1 defeat in 2018 I think.

Won't be easy, but we should be confident going in against them tomorrow.

bingo70
18-12-2018, 09:30 PM
Sevco's form isn't that great. They've lost 3 or their last 4 competitive matches including a draw away to Dundee and scored only 2 goals in that time.

IMO we have nothing fear playing anybody at ER. Our record speaks for itself - 1 defeat in 2018 I think.

Won't be easy, but we should be confident going in against them tomorrow.

I think their form seems entirely dependant on Morales playing (and not getting sent off).

If we keep him quiet we win, that’s a big if though.

allmodcons
18-12-2018, 09:32 PM
I think their form seems entirely dependant on Morales playing (and not getting sent off).

Fair point, but I still think we have nothing to fear.

PatHead
18-12-2018, 11:17 PM
Played 17
Won 9
Drawn. 1
Lost. 7
For. 34
Against. 33

Thanks, knew it was decent.

southern hibby
19-12-2018, 01:02 AM
From what I can see The Rangers struggle against teams who sit in against them as the take a while to get the ball out wide then into the box.

Can see our attacking being an advantage to them up to a point, by that I mean them trying to hit us on the counterattack. To stop this we will need to track their runners or alternatively dinny give them the ball when we attack by scoring.

I’m going for a Hibs win by 2 goals.

GGTTH

CMurdoch
19-12-2018, 01:12 AM
Nothing to fear from Rangers. They have some good players but nothing truly outstanding.
Their best outfield players are Kent and Morelos and we need to shut them down.

In conclusion, it's a 50/50 match and we have home advantage.

A win would see us jump over St Johnstone and Livingston into 6th place and be only a point behind Hearts.
That would be satisfying x 10.

WeeRussell
19-12-2018, 05:06 AM
3-1 or 3-2 to the good guys. Have to be full of confidence (amazing how that can change so drastically after a couple of wins)

calumhibee1
19-12-2018, 08:12 AM
So if we win what will Gerrards excuse be this time? Never liked him as a player but he’s become an even more intolerable fud since he’s taken over there.

BILLYHIBS
19-12-2018, 08:19 AM
So if we win what will Gerrards excuse be this time? Never liked him as a player but he’s become an even more intolerable fud since he’s taken over there.

Agree! I cannot wait to hear what his excuse is this time but have to admit he was a brilliant football player.

:not worth

Diclonius
19-12-2018, 08:24 AM
Played 17
Won 9
Drawn. 1
Lost. 7
For. 34
Against. 33

We surely must have the best record against post-liquidation Rangers of anyone bar Celtic. I suppose Dundee Utd probably haven't lost to them, but that's only two games?

we are hibs
19-12-2018, 08:34 AM
Make Easter road hell for them. They deserve nothing less. ****.

WeeRussell
19-12-2018, 08:41 AM

Seen a quote about some of our fans wanting to go and watch them also. Is this a recent direct quote on our game, or a more general typical Gerrard pandering to the orcs comment from earlier in the season?

BILLYHIBS
19-12-2018, 08:42 AM
We surely must have the best record against post-liquidation Rangers of anyone bar Celtic. I suppose Dundee Utd probably haven't lost to them, but that's only two games?

Arabs two Scottish Cup wins versus The Rangers for 6 against 1

calumhibee1
19-12-2018, 08:43 AM

We do. We’ve also got by far the best record against the OF in recent years with almost double the amount of wins that anyone else has.

hibbysam
19-12-2018, 08:52 AM
Seen a quote about some of our fans wanting to go and watch them also. Is this a recent direct quote on our game, or a more general typical Gerrard pandering to the orcs comment from earlier in the season?

He was asked what he thought of us reducing their allocation and said he would rather as many huns as possible got to go, but it’s hibs’ right to change that and he gets why hibs fans would want to go and watch rangers. Cheeky little welt.

SirDavidsNapper
19-12-2018, 08:55 AM
Nothing to fear from Rangers. They have some good players but nothing truly outstanding.
Their best outfield players are Kent and Morelos and we need to shut them down.

In conclusion, it's a 50/50 match and we have home advantage.

A win would see us jump over St Johnstone and Livingston into 6th place and be only a point behind Hearts.
That would be satisfying x 10.

Sure Kent is out and Morelos will get sent off early

we are hibs
19-12-2018, 08:56 AM
He was asked what he thought of us reducing their allocation and said he would rather as many huns as possible got to go, but it’s hibs’ right to change that and he gets why hibs fans would want to go and watch rangers. Cheeky little welt.

Especially considering he's never won a league title

SirDavidsNapper
19-12-2018, 09:00 AM

He forgot to add "get pumped" at the end.

Bostonhibby
19-12-2018, 09:11 AM
He was asked what he thought of us reducing their allocation and said he would rather as many huns as possible got to go, but it’s hibs’ right to change that and he gets why hibs fans would want to go and watch rangers. Cheeky little welt.He's a funny guy.

That's almost as good as the time he wore clowns shoes against Chelsea to entertain everyone. My how the crowd laughed.

cabbageandribs1875
19-12-2018, 09:37 AM
He's a funny guy.

That's almost as good as the time he wore clowns shoes against Chelsea to entertain everyone. My how the crowd laughed.

i thought this was the official reason given for him 'slipping' in most games throughout his playing days

Bobby's Cinema
19-12-2018, 09:54 AM
My only concern is our legs after Sunday, our pressing game was unbelievable for the full 90.

First goal all important. Same team same approach for me

LancashireHibby
19-12-2018, 09:57 AM
As above, it’s a big ask to double up after such a high-tempo performance on Sunday, but there’s absolutely no reason why we can’t win this one. En route already but holding off the beer untilma bit further up the line!

Blaster
19-12-2018, 11:14 AM
My only concern is our legs after Sunday, our pressing game was unbelievable for the full 90.

First goal all important. Same team same approach for me

My concern too but sevco also had a game last Thursday so they’ll be feeling it more (I hope!!)

HoboHarry
19-12-2018, 01:31 PM
Sevco out warming up already......

(Stolen off Facebook :greengrin)

CMurdoch
19-12-2018, 03:47 PM
Sure Kent is out and Morelos will get sent off early

Kent being out injured is a bonus.
IMO they will try to exploit Whittaker with Barisic and Grezda cutting the ball back for Morelos

EH54
19-12-2018, 04:32 PM
Looking forward to the game now, another Hibs win and what a turnaround, Porteous V Morelos is going to be very interesting, reckon one of them will get sent off, hopefully it's not our man. Come on the hibs.

Captain Trips
19-12-2018, 04:38 PM

Indeed take away all the nonsense he is a dangerous player but they need to keep Kamberi quiet themselves and a few others. We will win this match i think.

WeeRussell
19-12-2018, 05:39 PM

Thanks for info mate

Ronniekirk
19-12-2018, 05:44 PM
They are Top of The League and will want to try build momentum.now they are out of Europe
Difficult to predict as both teams will score It may depend on which setbof playets have the Legs to keep on attacking in the later part of the game and take thier chances
Won't be another 5 5 but would settle for another 3 2 to us

MSK
19-12-2018, 06:29 PM
Hit them hard and fast, their centre halfs were all over the shop against Kenny Millar and couldnt handle him