PDA

View Full Version : Lewis Allan

Unseen work
18-12-2018, 01:12 AM
Anyone know what the future holds for him?

Seems a weird one who has been on the scene for ages without making any real impact at all.

22 years old now but got s contract extension in the summer and has featured more this season than previously. Does Lennon see something in him?

Came on yesterday ahead of MacLaren however I imagine this is due to his size and physicality

Jones28
18-12-2018, 07:27 AM
I saw him against Berwick in pre season and though he looked a good player, mind you this was after five or six pints in the summer sun and we were 5 up at this point so a pinch of salt with that. He's at the age where he will be bursting to prove himself, that can only be a good thing.

SirDavidsNapper
18-12-2018, 07:57 AM
For me he has a long way to go. Not saying he won't make it but he's definitely not ready yet. I'd like to see him go out on loan if we bring another forward in in January.

J-C
18-12-2018, 08:29 AM
He had a cyst slowly crushing his spine, originally thought it was nerve problems until it was diagnosed, very nearly left in a wheelchair if it wasn't found quick enough, he's done very well to get back to where he was 3 years ago where he was highly thought of at ER.

calumhibee1
18-12-2018, 08:34 AM
Looks a decent player other than the fact he doesn’t look a goal threat at all. I doubt he’ll be here next year.

J-C
18-12-2018, 08:40 AM
Looks a decent player other than the fact he doesn’t look a goal threat at all. I doubt he’ll be here next year.

He's not a prolific striker but he'll create space for the others, remember this lad was out of football for just over a year with a bad spinal problem, it stunted his development so we have to give him the opportunity to see if he can get back to that level, he was very highly thought of as a young 18 year old, lets just give him his chance.

jacomo
18-12-2018, 08:45 AM
He had a cyst slowly crushing his spine, originally thought it was nerve problems until it was diagnosed, very nearly left in a wheelchair if it wasn't found quick enough, he's done very well to get back to where he was 3 years ago where he was highly thought of at ER.

Wow, that must have been an ordeal for him.

Clearly Lenny sees something in him but he will need to seize any opportunity just like anyone else.

Heisenberg
18-12-2018, 08:46 AM
I reckon he only got on at the weekend because of his size. Won’t get a sniff if/when we sign someone else in January.

greenlex
18-12-2018, 09:57 AM
Only player with pass marks away at Livi.

Souter96Mac
18-12-2018, 09:59 AM
It seems this season, probably helped by the amount of injuries we've had, that Lennon is giving our younger players a chance to show what they have. We've seen this with Shaw and especially Porteous who have nailed down first team berths for the time being. Mackie has staked a claim, we've had the likes of Allan and Gullan on the bench. May change come January, but I'm happy for these young lads to have a go.

makaveli1875
18-12-2018, 10:07 AM
He's like a younger slimmer Grant Holt . Never going to be a prolific goal scorer but puts himself about . Defo offers something different to the other forwards we have

Golden Bear
18-12-2018, 10:12 AM
We're all very quick to make a judgement on a young player who has been plagued by injury, fought back and has done well to feature in the occasional first team squad.

He's a prolific scorer in the development team so to suggest that he's only in the first team squad because of his size is wide off the mark. Like many supporters (if not most) we've not seen much of the lad but he seems to have done well in his limited appearances for the first team.

Best of luck Lewis, you show them!

:flag:

mim
18-12-2018, 10:25 AM
Only player with pass marks away at Livi.

This :agree: