PDA

View Full Version : Referee v the rangers

houstonhibbee
17-12-2018, 10:25 AM
Craig Thomson- could be worse.

Scottie
17-12-2018, 10:54 AM
Only way it would be worse is if blue nosed Archie McPherson was refereeing.

mutley
17-12-2018, 10:57 AM
I'm no longer bothered what ref has what game, they are all as bad as each other IMO.

hibsbollah
17-12-2018, 10:58 AM
How could it be worse?

ian cruise
17-12-2018, 11:02 AM
How could it be worse?

Since that final he's not been a bad ref for us, we've got the rub of the green on more than one occasion.

calumhibee1
17-12-2018, 11:04 AM
I'm no longer bothered what ref has what game, they are all as bad as each other IMO.

Likewise. I don’t even know who’s who and I don’t even know when i last checked. All I ever know in advance is that they’re going to be pish.

we are hibs
18-12-2018, 06:42 PM
The referee for the game on boxing day at ibrox is the son of Dallas. Excellent :rolleyes: by far the worst of the lot and that takes a lot of doing

Crunchie
18-12-2018, 06:44 PM

i couldn't think of a worse appointment to be honest.

Not In The Know
18-12-2018, 06:58 PM

Get to **** anyone standing up for that ****.

TelaStella
18-12-2018, 07:59 PM
Get to **** anyone standing up for that ****.

Regardless of what’s happened in the past, the point still stands it could definitely still be worse though. Thomson is perhaps currently the most competent out of them all for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PatHead
18-12-2018, 08:34 PM
Regardless of what’s happened in the past, the point still stands it could definitely still be worse though. Thomson is perhaps currently the most competent out of them all for me.

That is not saying much though.

Carheenlea
18-12-2018, 08:37 PM
That Craig Thomson is considered one of the best officials we have speaks volumes.

Fife-Hibee
18-12-2018, 08:41 PM
Wasn't he supposed to be retiring at the end of last season? :confused:

PatHead
18-12-2018, 08:42 PM
Wasn't he supposed to be retiring at the end of last season? :confused:

Think that was from Europe.

houstonhibbee
18-12-2018, 08:46 PM
That Craig Thomson is considered one of the best officials we have speaks volumes.

From a Hibs perspective he's not done us any harm since that day. We can dwell on the past or look at it as a good chance he will be impartial tomorrow night with no howlers.Has to be a better bet than most of the others surely?

Not worth swearing at me please....

The Green Goblin
18-12-2018, 09:25 PM
The referee for the game on boxing day at ibrox is the son of Dallas. Excellent :rolleyes: by far the worst of the lot and that takes a lot of doing

He is by far the worst. Dreadful referee.

hibbysam
18-12-2018, 10:07 PM
From a Hibs perspective he's not done us any harm since that day. We can dwell on the past or look at it as a good chance he will be impartial tomorrow night with no howlers.Has to be a better bet than most of the others surely?

Apart from do his best to lose us the Scottish cup tie at Ross County under Butcher. Then fail to send the Falkirk player off for denying a clear goal scoring opportunity in the play offs which played a huge part in us not being promoted. Thats only two huge decisions off the top of my head tho.

Radium
18-12-2018, 10:13 PM

He did referee a 2-2 Cup game at Tynecastle

heretoday
18-12-2018, 10:16 PM
Mr Mason Boyne from Larkhall.

theonlywayisup
18-12-2018, 10:17 PM
He is by far the worst. Dreadful referee.

Agree, but it could be in our favour.

Tom Hart RIP
18-12-2018, 10:25 PM
Wasn’t it CT that failed to send McCracken off in the play offs after he felled James Keatings. The law at time was quite clear that it had to be a red yet he didn’t even issue a yellow. We’d have gone 2-1 up against 10 men and could potentially have gone up a year early.
I seem to recall Howard Webb couldn’t believe what he had seen. Worst decision than the Hamden penalty.
He might have been ok in games that didn’t matter but he’s shafted us twice in massive games.

Crab apple
18-12-2018, 10:28 PM
He should have been run out of town after that final. Total arse.

JimBHibees
18-12-2018, 10:35 PM
The study into his decisions against Hibs done on this site a number of years ago says all you need to know about him. Done us over year after year and how anyone can stand up for him is incredible.

Hibrandenburg
18-12-2018, 10:42 PM

He's the only ref I know that has won a major trophy.

monktonharp
18-12-2018, 10:45 PM

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalkyou require a large BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO for that remark. nowt personal

Hermit Crab
18-12-2018, 10:48 PM
He's not the worst and I'm not too bothered about him reffing our match tomorrow.

monktonharp
18-12-2018, 10:50 PM
He's not the worst and I'm not too bothered about him reffing our match tomorrow.oh yes he iiiiis! pantomime horse, witch/etc ...you pick

TelaStella
18-12-2018, 11:07 PM
That is not saying much though.

About the standard of Scottish refereeing? Aye it’s quite frightening.

TelaStella
18-12-2018, 11:11 PM
you require a large BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO for that remark. nowt personal

Fair enough but I’m assuming you and others would prefer Dallas? Beaton? Or Christ almighty even Collum? The wider point I’m trying to get at is the fact the standard of Scottish refereeing right now is shambolic.

houstonhibbee
18-12-2018, 11:43 PM
Apart from do his best to lose us the Scottish cup tie at Ross County under Butcher. Then fail to send the Falkirk player off for denying a clear goal scoring opportunity in the play offs which played a huge part in us not being promoted. Thats only two huge decisions off the top of my head tho.

By a different referee.....

we are hibs
19-12-2018, 05:11 AM
Wasn’t it CT that failed to send McCracken off in the play offs after he felled James Keatings. The law at time was quite clear that it had to be a red yet he didn’t even issue a yellow. We’d have gone 2-1 up against 10 men and could potentially have gone up a year early.
I seem to recall Howard Webb couldn’t believe what he had seen. Worst decision than the Hamden penalty.
He might have been ok in games that didn’t matter but he’s shafted us twice in massive games.

Yes in the second leg. first leg there was an even bigger injustice that was blatant cheating from the referee when he said he didn't see the falkirk player handle the ball about 3 times despite looking right at it.

IGRIGI
19-12-2018, 06:34 AM
Thomson better be on the end of a truckload of abuse to make sure he doesn't get any ideas the hearts ****.

Fife-Hibee
19-12-2018, 07:44 AM
It’s staggering how many people have memories of a gold fish on here! He’s a grade A arse piece! Should have been done in after that final!

Craigmount Hibs
19-12-2018, 07:56 AM
He likes to be centre of attention too much. Arrogant too.

hibbysam
19-12-2018, 08:42 AM
By a different referee.....

Which one? My memory must be gone, I was at both games and was sure it was him on both occasions lol. Apologies if not. It was 100% him at the Falkirk game. I’ll double check the county game now. Definitely Thomson at the County game also.