PDA

View Full Version : Flo

we are hibs
17-12-2018, 06:43 AM
That chest down and finish yesterday was complete class and maybe it's the wee boost he needed. Thought you could see an extra spring in his step after it

Keyser Sauzee
17-12-2018, 07:22 AM
Thought he was really good yesterday as was everyone and his goal was quality. His celebration seemed a little bit like a message to the fans maybe??

1van Sprou7e
17-12-2018, 07:42 AM
Delighted for him, shut up some very reactionary fans with that

bigwheel
17-12-2018, 07:52 AM
I was delighted for him too...Thought in the second half he was much better..tbh looked a little bit off the pace to me in the first half - yet did very well to grow in to the game as it went on - will have done him a lot of good.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
17-12-2018, 08:49 AM

Hence the celebration IMO

Hibbyradge
17-12-2018, 08:50 AM
Thought he was really good yesterday as was everyone and his goal was quality. His celebration seemed a little bit like a message to the fans maybe??

"I'm going nowhere" is how I interpreted it.

Keyser Sauzee
17-12-2018, 08:58 AM
"I'm going nowhere" is how I interpreted it.

Good point, the finger up to his mouth seemed to me like he was silencing a few critics

CRAZYHIBBY
17-12-2018, 09:00 AM
Hes been a cracking signing for us....hopefully we can hang onto him for a couple more seasons

Nevi_SOL
17-12-2018, 09:03 AM
His quality was never questioned, just glad we stuck by him last few weeks and am sure we’ll see the rewards

SRHibs
17-12-2018, 09:16 AM
Good point, the finger up to his mouth seemed to me like he was silencing a few critics

That’s the second time he’s celebrated like that IIRC.

GreenNWhiteArmy
17-12-2018, 09:18 AM
His work rate in the first half shouldn't go unnoticed either. Forcing Gordon to go long or getting unforced errors from their backline, him and Shaw worked very hard up there.

Hopefully gives him a spring in his step for midweek

Souter96Mac
17-12-2018, 09:23 AM
I love Flo

Northernhibee
17-12-2018, 09:30 AM
I thought it was to do with Gary Parker’s public comments.

Heckys Wheel
17-12-2018, 09:33 AM

Great goal and dont want to give him too much of a hard time because everybody has dips in form but there were some games where he definitely wasn’t trying a leg. Think the fans and the coaches had every right to have a go.

Baldy Foghorn
17-12-2018, 09:40 AM
Another awesome finish and a great shift, he has taken criticism on the chin, and worked harder, delighted for him

mutley
17-12-2018, 09:42 AM
Ok, I'll admit it, when I saw him initially strike the ball, I thought the trajectory was going to fly way over the bar, but when it hit the roof of the net, no keeper would have stoped that with the power he put into it.

Great to see him score, and a great game to score in.

kiwihibby
17-12-2018, 09:46 AM
Great goal and dont want to give him too much of a hard time because everybody has dips in form but there were some games where he definitely wasn’t trying a leg. Think the fans and the coaches had every right to have a go.

He played well yesterday. Great goal with a lot of skill involved. Big problem to me is the number of times he gets himself caught in an off-side position and a lot of chances go begging. Only my opinion though:rolleyes:

hibee_girl
17-12-2018, 11:15 AM
Delighted for him, he really needed that goal.

I thought he’d skied it but thankfully not :greengrin

BILLYHIBS
17-12-2018, 11:23 AM
Delighted for him will do his confidence the world of good

Has a greedy streak that all good strikers have and sometimes chooses the wrong options

That run in the first half when he had options but tried to go it himself put his head down and ran right into their centre backs 😬

Anyone know what’s up with Jamie MAC?

Something does not seem quite right with him. 🤔

Not In The Know
17-12-2018, 11:29 AM

Yes it certainly was, i can imagine the nonsense abuse he had been hearing shouted at him from clowns in the stands. He's been off form - it happens.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
17-12-2018, 11:46 AM
I think he’s even better with a striker partner, rather than up top on his own.

Speedy
17-12-2018, 11:53 AM
I think he’s even better with a striker partner, rather than up top on his own.

Definitely

Ryan69
17-12-2018, 11:54 AM

Something does not seem quite right with him. 🤔[/QUOTE]

Been posted missing allseason so far...

Allant1981
17-12-2018, 12:01 PM

Something does not seem quite right with him. 🤔

Been posted missing allseason so far...[/QUOTE]

He has been injured most of it and hardly played but don't let that get in the way

jacomo
17-12-2018, 12:11 PM
Yes it certainly was, i can imagine the nonsense abuse he had been hearing shouted at him from clowns in the stands. He's been off form - it happens.

Fair play - he was entitled to put his fingers to his lips and tell us to shh after that goal!

He just hits it so cleanly. A great talent.

Ryan69
17-12-2018, 12:16 PM
He has featured in 13 games so far this season and scored 1 goal. Whether he’s been fully fit or no is a different matter

Scored 1 goal in the process.

Ryan69
17-12-2018, 12:16 PM
Been posted missing allseason so far...

He has been injured most of it and hardly played but don't let that get in the way[/QUOTE]

So posted missing then?

BoomtownHibees
17-12-2018, 12:17 PM
He has been injured most of it and hardly played but don't let that get in the way

He has featured in 13 games so far this season and scored 1 goal. Whether he’s been fully fit or no is a different matter

Allant1981
17-12-2018, 12:25 PM

Please don't tell me you are including 5 mins here and there as proper game time

BoomtownHibees
17-12-2018, 02:09 PM
Please don't tell me you are including 5 mins here and there as proper game time

All I pointed out was how many appearances he has made so far. Maybe you could strip the ones out you don’t want to count 👍🏼

Aim Here
17-12-2018, 02:19 PM
All I pointed out was how many appearances he has made so far. Maybe you could strip the ones out you don’t want to count ����

The number of appearances is a near-useless metric, because obviously there are cases where players are only on the pitch for 5 or 10 minutes as a late sub. Flo's stint at Grasshoppers looks terrible if you look at his 5 goals in 40-odd appearances, but when you put it down to about 1 goal every 270 minutes (i.e. 1 goal every 3 games-worth of time), then his stats look a bit more realistic.

Maclaren's definitely been a bit off this season, compared to last, but those 13 appearances include 6 games with less than 30 minutes game time. His scoring rate is still only 1 goal in 520 minutes, which is not good enough for someone whose primary job is scoring goals, so obviously Jamie and Hibs have to work that issue out somehow.

Basically, goals-per-appearance is a terrible metric. Goals-per-time-played is much better, though likely imperfect for some other reason...

Allant1981
17-12-2018, 03:24 PM
All I pointed out was how many appearances he has made so far. Maybe you could strip the ones out you don’t want to count 👍🏼

And again it's a daft thing to mention, I'm sure in about 3 of those games he played a combined time of about 5 minutes, so you can't really judge a player on that, yes the games where he has had more time he could and possibly should have scored more, think 3 on the bounce he played minimum of an hour, these are the games to judge him on