PDA

View Full Version : Christmas dinner for homeless

fulshie
16-12-2018, 10:39 PM
Can anyone tell me if there is a food collection for Christmas dinner for the homeless before Rangers game on Wednesday.

Hi Heid Yin
16-12-2018, 10:57 PM
For a second I read "Christmas Dinner For The Hopeless"

and thought of one or two of our players and their recent performances.

No idea otherwise about dinners for the homeless.

monktonharp
16-12-2018, 11:15 PM
easy to have a cheap snipe at this, but thankfully I and most on here will have a family xmas dinner. as for the best way to contribute or help those in need...…..I would presume the Salvation Army might be the best avenue. they seem to do great work, at this time o:santaf the year.

monktonharp
16-12-2018, 11:22 PM
For a second I read "Christmas Dinner For The Hopeless"

and thought of one or two of our players and their recent performances.

No idea otherwise about dinners for the homeless.sorry, just realised you are not really having a dig other than a joke. however, the SallyAnn should be best , naw? they do a good job this time of year. Edinburgh North food bank are doing work too for people in hard time and there are many on the breadline!

Hi Heid Yin
17-12-2018, 12:13 AM
sorry, just realised you are not really having a dig other than a joke. however, the SallyAnn should be best , naw? they do a good job this time of year. Edinburgh North food bank are doing work too for people in hard time and there are many on the breadline!

No probs bud.:aok:

I can honestly say that, as I go about my business in the city centre, I frequently engage with some of the homeless, the beggars and The Big Issue sellers - 2 of whom I have kind of adopted and look after, both financially and with food. My reward is a simple thank you and sometimes a wee smile.
As for the Sally Army - bless them and the many churches and other organisations who offer shelter and food regularly.
For me, the plight of the genuine homeless puts football into perspective.

monktonharp
17-12-2018, 12:20 AM
No probs bud.:aok:

I can honestly say that, as I go about my business in the city centre, I frequently engage with some of the homeless, the beggars and The Big Issue sellers - 2 of whom I have kind of adopted and look after, both financially and with food. My reward is a simple thank you and sometimes a wee smile.
As for the Sally Army - bless them and the many churches and other organisations who offer shelter and food regularly.
For me, the plight of the genuine homeless puts football into perspective.

:aok: