PDA

View Full Version : Player Ratings

GGTTH07
16-12-2018, 07:19 PM
Marciano - 7: Solid when called upon but truth be told wasn’t really busy.

Whittaker - 7: Good performance. Couple slack passes but all in all did well.

Efe - 8: Brilliant performance, as expected from him. Lucky to have him here!

Porteous - 9: Collosus. Absolutely outstanding, especially for a 19 year old, plays well beyond his years.

Stevenson - 7: Did well, nothing to spectaculour but solid in defence.

Mallan - 9: Best game in a Hibs jersey. Into every tackle, retained possession well. Let’s carry it on now!

Hyndman - 7: Neat and tidy in possession and has led them well.

Slivka - 7: Great goal. Took it superbly and was very good first half.

Horgan - 8: Thought he was brilliant today. Brilliant on the ball, didn’t give brown time.

Kamberi - 8: Delighted for the big guy. What a finish and that’s what we know he can do.

Shaw - 8: Ran his heart out. Played a good ball out to Slivka for the goal and got stuck in. Impressed.

Subs:
Mackie - 7: Excellent showing in a fairly unfamiliar position. Great prospect.

Allan: Not enough time

SirDavidsNapper
16-12-2018, 07:23 PM
SJM - 9: Had them in his back pocket from the studio

Famous Fiver
16-12-2018, 07:25 PM
North Stand Ball Boy 11 out of 10. MOTM!:flag::flag::flag:

calumhibee1
16-12-2018, 07:27 PM
Rocky - 7 - never had anything to do. Clean sheet. Job done.

Whittaker - 7 - dealt with Izzaguire and Hayes well. Few slack passes, one of which could really have cost us but on the whole played well

Efe - 10 - absolutely faultless. Strolled it.

Porteous - 9.9 - Efe described him correctly as a warrior. Won absolutely everything today.

Stevenson - 7 - solid and gave Sinclair next to nothing

Slivka - 8 - great composure for the goal. Shocking challenge forced him off at half time

Horgan - 8 - all over Brown like a rash.

Mallan - 9 - probably his best performance in a Hibs top

Hyndman - 7 - much, much better from him. A sublime pass in the second half across field to Mackie which Mackie then flashed across goal.

Shaw - 7 - battled well and ran himself into the ground

Flo - 8 - like Shaw he battled and done a power of running. Great finish for his goal

Mackie - 8 - great performance and didn’t look out of place in the slightest. Couple of great crosses and a great assist for Kamberis goal

Allan - never had time to do anything

Lennon - 10 - got his tactics spot on with what was an injury ravaged squad. Never gave Celtic a sniff and putting Mackie into midfield was a master stroke.

Blaster
16-12-2018, 07:29 PM
Rocky - 7 - never had anything to do. Clean sheet. Job done.

Whittaker - 7 - dealt with Izzaguire and Hayes well. Few slack passes, one of which could really have cost us but on the whole played well

Efe - 10 - absolutely faultless. Strolled it.

Porteous - 9.9 - Efe described him correctly as a warrior. Won absolutely everything today.

Stevenson - 7 - solid and gave Sinclair next to nothing

Slivka - 8 - great composure for the goal. Shocking challenge forced him off at half time

Horgan - 8 - all over Brown like a rash.

Mallan - 9 - probably his best performance in a Hibs top

Hyndman - 7 - much, much better from him. A sublime pass in the second half across field to Mackie which Mackie then flashed across goal.

Shaw - 7 - battled well and ran himself into the ground

Flo - 8 - like Shaw he battled and done a power of running. Great finish for his goal

Mackie - 8 - great performance and didn’t look out of place in the slightest. Couple of great crosses and a great assist for Kamberis goal

Allan - never had time to do anything

Lennon - 10 - got his tactics spot on with what was an injury ravaged squad. Never gave Celtic a sniff and putting Mackie into midfield was a master stroke.

Spot on

hibsbollah
16-12-2018, 08:03 PM

Porteous - 9: Collosus. Absolutely outstanding, especially for a 19 year old, plays well beyond his years.

Mallan - 9: Best game in a Hibs jersey. Into every tackle, retained possession well. Let’s carry it on now!

Horgan - 8: Thought he was brilliant today. Brilliant on the ball, didn’t give brown time.

Kamberi - 8: Delighted for the big guy. What a finish and that’s what we know he can do.

Shaw - 8: Ran his heart out. Played a good ball out to Slivka for the goal and got stuck in. Impressed.

Subs:

Can't disagree with any of that.

The Harp Awakes
17-12-2018, 08:19 AM

Subs:

Would have given Horgan a 9 otherwise agreed.

Brightside
17-12-2018, 08:30 AM
Hyndman was great.... his defensive work in the 2nd half was fantastic. The work rate from the 4 in the midfield was top class and they all deserve 8+

1van Sprou7e
17-12-2018, 08:44 AM
Hyndman was great.... his defensive work in the 2nd half was fantastic. The work rate from the 4 in the midfield was top class and they all deserve 8+

Agree with that, he surprised me with his defensive ability actually

My_Wife_Camille
17-12-2018, 08:54 AM
The fact that Lewis is only getting 7's shows how good he is every week for us. We've become so used to him giving us such high performances every week that they've become standard and don't stand out as much anymore.

I thought he was absolutely fantastic as always. Up and down the wing all game, hard in the tackle, barely gave Sinclair a sniff in the first half and gave Forrest even less in the second half (as usual).

10/10 for me along with every other player in green and white.

Tug Wilson
17-12-2018, 08:56 AM
The best things about yesterday's win, apart from the win obviously, were that

1. People can't choose our best midfielder for all the right reasons. Every one of them contributed to the performance. No passengers.

2. We kept a clean sheet. Last season our defence was solid. This season anything but. 2 games, 2 clean sheets. Keep that up and we will soon rise up the table.

3. Flo played like the Flo of last season. Ably assisted by Shaw. Chasing down the Celtic defenders. High energy, work rate and a wonderful finish. This is the Flo we love.

4. Of the 13 players used on Sunday, 6 graduated from our youth set up. Admittedly Stevenson and Whitaker were a few years ago but the other 4 are all recent graduates. East Mains working? Maybe so.

5. There is no time to slap ourselves on the back and bum ourselves up too much. Next big game is on Wednesday. It is a home game so we need to win it.

euro Hibby
17-12-2018, 09:19 AM
I think it was one of those games you need to watch back because the excitement tends to carry you away a bit so you can see bits you probabbly missed
first watch. For me the real note was the team work, rather than a single player. Everyone was up for it and our so called lightweight midfield put in a shift
with both defence and attack always picking up a man to cover.

That performance was 3 times better than the drivel served on our " bad run " Now the questions is , can we and will we repeat on wednesday ?
The next games are Rangers ( H ) Livingston ( H ) Rangers ( A ) Hearts ( H) 12 points !!

matty_f
17-12-2018, 09:29 AM
The fact that Lewis is only getting 7's shows how good he is every week for us. We've become so used to him giving us such high performances every week that they've become standard and don't stand out as much anymore.

I thought he was absolutely fantastic as always. Up and down the wing all game, hard in the tackle, barely gave Sinclair a sniff in the first half and gave Forrest even less in the second half (as usual).

100% agree with this, I thought both full backs were superb and played a huge part in the win, and you could say the same about every position across the park for us yesterday.

Tug Wilson
17-12-2018, 10:30 AM
I think it was one of those games you need to watch back because the excitement tends to carry you away a bit so you can see bits you probabbly missed
first watch. For me the real note was the team work, rather than a single player. Everyone was up for it and our so called lightweight midfield put in a shift
with both defence and attack always picking up a man to cover.

That performance was 3 times better than the drivel served on our " bad run " Now the questions is , can we and will we repeat on wednesday ?
The next games are Rangers ( H ) Livingston ( H ) Rangers ( A ) Hearts ( H) 12 points !!

Realistic target would be win the home games and maybe squeeze out a point in the away one. Tough ask but if we do it then we can shoot up the table.

It would put us in great fettle going into the break and, in the transfer window, it is always preferable to add to the squad when it is on a good run.

Having said that, this is Hibs and you never know what way we will go.

Wednesday is definitely a statement game. We are either going to show that yesterday was not a one off and we are definitely back on track or we will revert to some of the powder puff stuff we have seen recently.

You just never really know with Hibs.

euro Hibby
17-12-2018, 10:48 AM
Yep, beat Rangers at home and we could take the lot, but as you say its Hibs and can we repeat such a good performance again 3 days later ?

Northernhibee
17-12-2018, 11:12 AM
Whittaker, Shaw, Lewis and Hyndman deserve an extra mark but otherwise agree.

HibeeHibernian4
17-12-2018, 11:45 AM

He also won the tackle in Celtic's half that led to the breakaway for the second goal. We look so good on the counter against Celtic, was the same in the second half at Parkhead.

hibee_girl
17-12-2018, 12:14 PM

:agree:

Everyone was panicking about Sinclair before the game but he never troubled as at all and that’s down to Lewis.

I feared he wasn’t going to be able to continue when he went down injured in the first half but I forgot he’s made of steel :greengrin

Northernhibee
17-12-2018, 12:23 PM

Everyone was panicking about Sinclair before the game but he never troubled as at all and that’s down to Lewis.

I feared he wasn’t going to be able to continue when he went down injured in the first half but I forgot he’s made of steel :greengrin
Jesus could walk on water. Lewis can swim through land.

Heckys Wheel
17-12-2018, 01:05 PM

Said at the game he didn’t look interested. Thought the boy Ajer looked hopeless as well.

calumhibee1
17-12-2018, 01:58 PM

Sinclair looks a shadow of the player he was in his first season nowadays.

hibee_girl
17-12-2018, 02:07 PM
Sinclair looks a shadow of the player he was in his first season nowadays.

Up until yesterday he’d been playing really well for Celtic

calumhibee1
17-12-2018, 02:36 PM
Up until yesterday he’d been playing really well for Celtic

Has he? I’ve not saw much of them recently but from what I have seen sporadically the past year or so I thought he’d looked garbage. A lot of Celtic fans on Twitter yesterday seemed to be saying he looks finished aswell.

Fife-Hibee
17-12-2018, 02:52 PM

Absolutely agree, grossly underappreciated at times. Took a bad one but got back up and on with it with no dip in quality. He gets a hard time every now and then when he makes a bad cross. But when he makes a good one, it's usually a spectaular one.

hibbyfraelibby
17-12-2018, 05:04 PM
Pretty much agree with the ratings but would have given the ball boy a 12/10 for owning Broonie⚽️😉

Unseen work
18-12-2018, 01:06 AM
Marciano - 7 - Never had much to do but good distribution and commanded his area well.

Whittikar - 8 - Very food first half, especially on the ball. Hayes came on second half to run at him and barely caused him any trouble. One slack pass that could have cost us.

Ambrose -9- Outstanding again, Iv never seen a defender win the ball so cleanly from standing tackles and very rarely slides in. Crucial to how we play when he brings the ball out of defence.

Porteous -9- Brilliant and dominated a striker bought for 9 million quid. Scary to think he is still only 19. Still a bit rash at times but with experience he will iron that out.

Stevenson - 8 - I cant remember Sinclair touching the ball? As a full back he done his job perfectly.

Slivka - 8 - brilliant goal and again showed great glimpses of what he can do. Very good at receiving the ball on the move and playing 1-2’s. Hope he recovers for Wednesday as he has made a big difference since his return.

Mallan - 9 - massive fan of his, dominated the game and his range of passing is outstanding and imo doesn’t get the praise/recognition it deserves. Read the game very well and think that’s his best position as he can sit and dictate the tempo.

Horgan - 8 - can’t recall much he done off the ball but he was tremendous off it as essential to how we played. One of our most important players yesterday.

Hyndman - 8 - Never done too much on the ball but worked his socks off and was impressed with him defensively

Shaw - 8 - Hold up and link up play is improving massively and he seems more confident. Still a bit to go but I’m happy with him, great pass for the opener.

Kamberi - 8 - Close to bring back to normal, think the goal will calm him down as before it his decision making was poor as he was trying to overplay and force the situation. Great work rate and excellent finish

Mackie - 8 - Brilliant appearance, couple of fantastic deliveries and cracking ball for the assist. Bright future.

Given that we have a very depleted squad the team deserve a lot of credit. We played a very attacking team and restricted them to very few chances. Great result.